+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden ... the leader of the world's greatest country.

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Joe Biden ... the leader of the world's greatest country.

When you think of the title "greatest country in the world" - as many Americans do about their beloved country, imagining the man running it must bring forth visions of intelligence, charisma, wit, charm, nobility, etc.

Reality check: It's a clown show. Its a farce. How on earth have people like George Bush jr, Donald Trump (as useful as he may have been), Joe Biden gotten into office? Some might add Obama to that list, but at least that guy could put together an entire sentence ...

Does it not occur to anyone that these people are not even remotely what can be considered sound leaders? Are these not full on red flags within themselves?

There are experienced, intelligent people in America. Does this not show that the country has been run a club of losers for a very long time? Does this not show how completely betrayed Americans are?

I know I am mostly preaching to the choir, and this is my segue to a video of Biden, trying to act like he doesn't have complete brain damage, something which is apparently extremely difficult for him. I know there are good similar videos on Bush jr. and Trump as well, but I think this might just take the cake:

Behold! The leader of the "greatest country on planet earth!"

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Anchor (17th January 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), drneglector (11th March 2023), Franny (17th January 2021), Gracy (17th January 2021), Kryztian (17th January 2021), Mike (17th January 2021), onawah (17th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021), Strat (17th January 2021), toppy (17th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021), yelik (18th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Default Re: Joe Biden ... the leader of the world's greatest country.

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Some might add Obama to that list, but at least that guy could put together an entire sentence ...
    That war criminal was a phenomenal orator indeed. He was really great at reading speeches he didn't write. Just as good as he was at dropping bombs.

I will admit Bush annoyed me by adding a 'u' in nuclear.

Does this not show that the country has been run a club of losers for a very long time? Does this not show how completely betrayed Americans are?
    Very loaded question (which I suspect is rhetorical). Truly, truly, truly not taking a shot at you but what would you do if you lived here? I think we Americans are along for the ride. I also think that if America ever stops being the world leader, whoever takes over will be just as bad and will be the recipient of just as much criticism. Every country is after the same thing, it just so happens that post WW2 America was in the position to be the leader.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anchor (17th January 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (17th January 2021), Chris Gilbert (18th January 2021), DeDukshyn (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), drneglector (11th March 2023), Franny (17th January 2021), Kryztian (17th January 2021), Mike (17th January 2021), onawah (17th January 2021), onevoice (18th January 2021), Savannah (18th January 2021), selinam (17th January 2021), toppy (17th January 2021), yelik (18th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member andyangel1205's Avatar
    Thanks

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to andyangel1205 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (17th January 2021), DeDukshyn (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Franny (17th January 2021), Savannah (18th January 2021), selinam (17th January 2021), toppy (17th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Some might add Obama to that list, but at least that guy could put together an entire sentence ...
    That war criminal was a phenomenal orator indeed. He was really great at reading speeches he didn't write. Just as good as he was at dropping bombs.
    Well the acting lessons by Harry Lennix certainly helped him ... - I admit he wasn't any better than any other, but at least I understand why some people were swayed by him.

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Does this not show that the country has been run a club of losers for a very long time? Does this not show how completely betrayed Americans are?
    Very loaded question (which I suspect is rhetorical). Truly, truly, truly not taking a shot at you but what would you do if you lived here? I think we Americans are along for the ride. I also think that if America ever stops being the world leader, whoever takes over will be just as bad and will be the recipient of just as much criticism. Every country is after the same thing, it just so happens that post WW2 America was in the position to be the leader.
    My point wasn't to be offensive (unless it stimulated thought), but I just find it amazing how many Americans (and Canadians, and likely brits for that matter) still don't see their politicians for what they are (regardless of camp). It's mind boggling. If I took any video of Putin speaking and put it next to Biden (or Trump or Bush jr), it should be an embarrassing red flag to them (not saying Putin is a good guy, but at least he's intelligent, carries himself well, has a bit of charisma, etc. shouldn't a leader at least have those qualities if nothing else?), but so many are so caught up in the "Russia bad, America good" brainwash operation that you could probably put a rabid money in the whitehouse and people probably wouldn't care or notice the difference.

Listen to Tulsi Gabbard for 10 minutes - even if you don't agree with everything she says, one can at least be impressed by her logic, intelligence, experience, and critical thinking skills, and yet she has been smeared and shoved down by her own party - most likely because of her stance on corruption and working together to move her country forward.

You're probably right on your secondary points, but my main point is how so many people don't see Biden as the complete bumbling senile idiot that he is. The media, so full of idiocy, has made idiocy the norm to such an extent that no one seems to notice that idiots are running their country in place of capable, intelligent people.

(Canada's not much better, mind you - the point can be made probably for most countries' politicians)
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th January 2021 at 06:49.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), drneglector (11th March 2023), Franny (17th January 2021), gord (17th January 2021), onawah (17th January 2021), selinam (17th January 2021), Strat (17th January 2021), toppy (17th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,975 times in 1,342 posts

I just find it amazing how many Americans (and Canadians, and likely brits for that matter) still don't see their politicians for what they are (regardless of camp).

(Canada's not much better, mind you - the point can be made probably for most countries' politicians)
    Absolutely agree when I look at the pathetic lineup of politicians that we have in the UK.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), drneglector (11th March 2023), gord (17th January 2021), Kryztian (17th January 2021), toppy (18th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Believe me, this isn't just an American phenomenon. 99% of all leaders of states are ... well ... incompetent and morally corrupted. So the US is NOT 'exceptional' in this regard.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (17th January 2021), DeDukshyn (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), drneglector (11th March 2023), gord (17th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021), selinam (17th January 2021), toppy (18th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Much has been discussed here about whether or not Biden really won the November election in 2020. But I have to question whether he really won the primary election in the Winter and Spring of 2020. He was certainly not the clear favorite of Democratic voters. There seemed to be much more enthusiasm for Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Kloubuchar. The only thing Biden had going for him was that he had been the vice president - that advantage would have faded over time as other candidates, who had more intelligence and charisma, campaigned.

But then, unlike previous primary elections, very quickly and mysteriously, one candidate after another dropped out of the race in January and February. Even Tulsi Gabbard, who had ranked at the bottom of the pile in polling, rose from something like 12th place to 3rd place in two months when Elizabeth Warren resigned on March 5th, 2020. You think she would have continued on to the end of the primary, but she resigned two weeks later - if she had stayed in the primary until the end, she would have had tremendous name recognition for the 2024 election. And then Bernie Sanders resigned on April 8th leaving Biden as the sole candidate. In previous primaries, the U.S. often has two or three candidates duking it out until nearly the end, but something was clearly orchestrated by the powers the control the DNC (Democratic National Committee) to make sure the Biden was the only one left.

What ever one thinks of Biden, I just don't think of him as "America's Choice" or the "Chosen Leader." He is just the face put forth by a corrupt oligarchy holding together the illusion the the federal government of the United States is a democracy.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Arcturian108 (17th January 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (17th January 2021), ClearWater (17th January 2021), DeDukshyn (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), drneglector (11th March 2023), Iancorgi (17th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021), Michel Leclerc (7th February 2024), mountain_jim (17th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (18th January 2021), toppy (18th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Despair, depression, and the inevitable rise of Trump 2.0: Glenn Greenwald tells RT his Biden administration predictions

America, Joe Biden says, “is back.” Beyond the sloganeering, journalist Glenn Greenwald reckons that means “militarism, imperialism, and corporatism,” he told RT’s Chris Hedges.

Glenn Greenwald is a lawyer who turned to journalism in 2005 to protest the suppression of Americans’ civil liberties under the Bush-Cheney ‘war on terror’. Greenwald came to international fame by breaking the Edward Snowden NSA whistleblower story in 2013. He later co-founded the Intercept, but quit the outlet in October after saying editors there suppressed his coverage of Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden.

“I don’t think it’s particularly difficult... to know what to expect from the Biden administration,” the acclaimed American journalist told Chris Hedges, host of RT’s On Contact, on Sunday. Biden, Greenwald continued, has enjoyed a five-decade career in Washington and made his policy priorities well known over these years.

Biden is “somebody who has repeatedly supported militarism and imperialism” and “one of the crucial leading advocates of the invasion of Iraq,” he said. On the domestic front, Biden is “a loyal servant of the credit card and banking industry” and the “architect of the 1994 crime bill,” the latter of which has been blamed for dramatically upping the incarceration rate of black men in the US.

Article continues at: https://www.rt.com/usa/512749-greenw...ns-prediction/

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (17th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Reinhard (18th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)

What ever one thinks of Biden, I just don't think of him as "America's Choice" or the "Chosen Leader." He is just the face put forth by a corrupt oligarchy holding together the illusion the the federal government of the United States is a democracy.
    This strikes pretty close to my underlying point ...

Let's assume he was "planted". Let's also assume that Bush jr was planted.

If you were running the "oligarch" and needed to plant someone, why in god's name would you choose either of those two clowns? Wouldn't the choice alone have been calculated to raise suspicion in the masses? Wouldn't it be a risky bet?

Why is it not? Is it a test to see literally how low a standard Americans (in my example, I don't doubt this occurs in other countries) all willing to settle when it comes to a leader of their country? Is is a bet that the true rulers have amongst themselves to see who can get in the most ridiculous "leader" of the free world? Is it a test to see how well the control mechanism of rendering a single choice of two selections works? Or ... is there something specific, something special about why those two (for example, others as well, but those two stand out to me) were chosen? Food for thought that we all should consider long and hard ...

Partly what drove this post is that someone I know well is enamored with Joe Biden and think was just wonderful, and refuses to believe he is unfit for office of the USA. How do people get into this state? How is their objectivity so far lost?

It's weird that the vast majority is fighting whether Trump or Biden won, and not fighting for answers as to why those are the two choices! I know many people here do support Trump, but let's be honest, there has to be far better choices than him -- getting back to my point, are we willing to choose anyone who doesn't appear to be like the people we despise, even if his policies take us backwards?

There has to be better, People have to demand better. I can go on Youtube and easily find people with far more intelligence, cognition, potency, morals, charisma, critical thining skills and ability etc. and we are so caught up in a "this or that" battle that we fail to see that we are choosing between dung A and dung B?

Its like we are all under a mass hypnosis ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th January 2021 at 18:30.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), ClearWater (18th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Kryztian (17th January 2021), Merkaba360 (18th January 2021), onevoice (18th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (12th March 2023), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Let's assume he was "planted". Let's also assume that Bush jr was planted.

If you were running the "oligarchy" and needed to plant someone, why in god's name would you choose either of those two clowns?
    If I were a dispassionate anti-humantarian oligarch, I would choose individuals to stand in as the face of power who both offered hope to a segment of the population and also who had flaws, perhaps somewhat hidden at first, but over time, the flaws would become more evident. That way, after they failed in their term of leadership, we could attribute the failure of government to do real good for the majority of people to the flawed leaders, and not come to the realization that they really are not the ones in power. This can drive the endless cycle of hope and disillusionment which drives the populace, like Sisyphus repeatedly trying to push a rock up a hill, to think that the only way they can make the world better is by voting every four years for a president.

No matter how inept or inappropriate some of the political candidates are, the media can always dress them up in such a way that gets a segment of the population excited. The most extreme case that I can think of is Sarah Palin, a woman who thought "Africa" was an actual nation, and not the name of a continent, and who got through her stint as a town major and governor by letting others do all the real work. Yet somehow the media was able to present her so that some people thought she was a real capable agent who would representative conservative working class American. While most Republicans were supportive but not too enthusiastic about her, a few really thought she was superb, thanks to her speech writers and the way she was presented.

I think the same is true of Biden. He lacks charisma, intelligence, and integrity, yet somehow he made it to VP and now President. I remember in the summer of 2008, when it became clear Obama would be the Democratic candidate and needed to pick a Vice President. Caroline Kennedy was on the three person search committee for a VP, and she announced that their obvious choice was Joe Biden. She was beaming with pride and made it sound like he was an absolute gift to humanity. I thought, I must have missed something, perhaps he really is a great man. Even back then, when he didn't have dementia, there was nothing in him that radiated anything extraordinary. I am still trying to figure out how anyone even on the Neo-liberal left (which isn't very left) could possibly warm up to this guy.

Quote Its like we are all under a mass hypnosis ...
    B-I-N-G-O!

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), ClearWater (18th January 2021), DeDukshyn (18th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Gracy (18th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021), Merkaba360 (18th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021), Strat (18th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

Same with relationships. Ignorant people choose to date ignorant people. Then are shocked when they do ignorant behaviors. They also will make ridiculous rationalizations in order to steal all their stuff or do bad things to the other at divorce time, etc. lol You should see these men over here who "fall for" some young cutie with IQ of 80-90s. Its some first class entertainment to see or read about the shenanigans and drama.

Yea, is it some psychological trick, that a dumbed down president mirroring us, dumbs us down a bit in reflection? I suppose its also nice to have some corrupt buffoon puppet that easily follows orders.

I'm pretty sure that hypnotists all know that the normal awareness is a type of hypnosis/trance like state. In a way, I would guess that hypnotizing someone could be more accurately be called unhypnotizing. Not that they are then in a state of clarity, but some aspects of the programmed trance has been removed and they are brought back to a more fresh suggestable state.

I don't know that there are far better choices than Trump who would be willing to battle inside such a corrupt insane snake pit. His silverspoon arrogance and flaws are annoying, but that kind of arrogance may be needed to take on such a ruthless cabal. I mean, it takes some serious bravery as well, unless one enters without really knowing whats going on. Are there really many people with the wealth of trump who are not pulled around by the money and who have the know how of a business mogul. Believe me, when Trump first took office I wasn't expecting much and very skeptical. I really dont know who he is to this day. But I'm pretty impressed with how much truth he is speaking and trying to expose. Would some candidate with a brilliant well meaning mind, with an obama type demeanor really be "loud" and effective enough to be shaking up the house of cards? I don't know.

Really, the president should be a fully liberated being. I imagine society needs to be really advanced for one of them to even accept the job and the public is far too ignorant to even recognize one. lol But that's who would be permanent president in my world

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Arcturian108 (18th January 2021), atman (18th January 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (18th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Reinhard (18th January 2021), XelNaga (18th January 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Merkaba360 (here)
    Yea, is it some psychological trick, that a dumbed down president mirroring us, dumbs us down a bit in reflection?
    No doubt the state of media, and the education system has been playing a very large role for many years.

I'm pretty sure that hypnotists all know that the normal awareness is a type of hypnosis/trance like state. In a way, I would guess that hypnotizing someone could be more accurately be called unhypnotizing. Not that they are then in a state of clarity, but some aspects of the programmed trance has been removed and they are brought back to a more fresh suggestable state.
    I came across this concept once, that suggested that our current subconscious mind is actually the correct mind to be living from (although it has become a programmed mess in most people - this needs to be corrected first), and that our current conscious mind is meant to run in the background -- this concept would be akin to putting the ego into the backseat of the car - its rightful place. The ego is highly programmable, specifically through fear, and most people make all their selections, decisions, and thoughts from the ego's standpoint - thus the ego represents the "conscious mind"

I don't know that there are far better choices than Trump who would be willing to battle inside such a corrupt insane snake pit. ...
    They do exist, and that is why you don't know them, I suspect. The get shoved down and smeared by almost everyone else in the corrupted system.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 18th January 2021 at 17:30.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), ClearWater (18th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021), Kryztian (19th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021), Strat (18th January 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

They do exist, and that is why you don't know them, I suspect. The get shoved down and smeared by almost everyone else in the corrupted system.
    This is an annoying aspect with politics and partly why I'm not cut out for personally being involved. For example, say you and me are running against each other for some random local political position. I would think the proper way to go about this is focus on yourself, put your best foot forward and demonstrate how you can help people in your city. This doesn't seem to be the way it works though. Evidently you're supposed to dig up dirt on the other guy and advertise that in the media.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (18th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021), Kryztian (19th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

To me this argument reduces to Descartes, 'I think therefore I am.' tautology.

To me at least, this has always been a sticking point because to assert that since I do this thing called thinking, I exist. But a rock also exists, and it does not think. Same with a flower, as far as we can know. So there should have been a qualifier...'I think therefore I think I am.' Thinking seems to lead towards questions of existence and the fount of beingness - or god.

And really, all that is about is consciousness, self-awareness.

If one is under a spell, or in colloquial terms hypnotized, thinking is the thing being manipulated.

If thinking is manipulated, is it thinking at all?

If thinking is consciousness, are the hypnotized even aware? If they are, what are they aware of? Because it cannot be the truth or else there would be, by definition, no spell, no hypnotic induced trance.

But if the trance is on society at large, if one is born into a world of the hypnotized, then one is born into bondage and learns to accept the trance state as normal. If that is the case then it can be argued that humanity has not thought a legitimate thought in a very long while. That is why the sages throughout the ages have maintained that humanity fell asleep far in the past and we have not yet woken up.

Thinking is not our forte, through no fault of our own. And what passes for logic in today's world is merely the babblings of a deranged fool.

Luckily fools have a special place in God's Heart...
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 18th January 2021 at 18:27.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

atman (18th January 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (18th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Karen (Geophyz) (18th January 2021), Kryztian (19th January 2021), Reinhard (18th January 2021), Strat (18th January 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,088 times in 20,639 posts

How soon will the Left eat their own?
    by Jon Rappoport
    January 18, 2021
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...eat-their-own/

"Hey. I’m always here to offer advice to the Left, to make their road smoother, to point them in the direction of fellow travelers they should cancel for deficiencies of “wokeness.”

Let’s start with the issue of GMOs, poisonous Roundup, and Monsanto (now swallowed up by Bayer).

Joe Biden is going to appoint Mr. Monsanto, Tom Vilsack, as his Secretary of Agriculture. Tommy boy held that post under Obama.

The Organic Consumers Association writes [1] (see also [2], [3], [4]): “If, like us, you dream of an organic, regenerative food system led by independent family farmers, then news that Joe Biden has asked Tom Vilsack to return to his Obama Era post as Secretary of Agriculture should be a real cause for concern.”

“…when you look behind the curtains to see what Vilsack was really doing at USDA from 2009 through 2017, it’s not pretty.”

“He pushed through a corporate agribusiness agenda that began with his approval of more new genetically modified crops than any other Secretary, culminated in his shepherding of a bill to kill GMO labels through Congress, and included his racist firing of African American land trust hero Shirley Sherrod and his distortion of data to conceal decades of discrimination against black farmers. Between 2006 and 2016, the USDA [US Dept. of Agriculture] was six times more likely to foreclose on a black farmer than a white farmer.”

“But, Biden doesn’t care about any of this. Vilsack is Biden’s buddy and that’s all that matters to him. As the American Prospect reports, Vilsack has had ‘a decades-long relationship with Joe Biden, going back to when he endorsed him for president while mayor of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, in 1988’.”

“Vilsack has remained very loyal to Biden. In the last year, he gave Biden more than $8,000 in campaign contributions (excluding money from his wife or to Democratic Party committees).”

“This support didn’t just get him a job in the cabinet, he wrote Biden’s campaign platform on agriculture issues, stuffing it full of false solutions like corn ethanol and methane digesters run on factory farm dairy waste.”

“We need a USDA Secretary of Agriculture who will be a hero, steering our food and farming system toward a brighter, regenerative future—not a Secretary who will continue to be a pawn for the same corporate interests that are causing, and profiting from, the mess we are in.”

Good luck with that dream under Biden.

Let’s go further. Here’s a piece I wrote during the Obama years—you know, when we were all living in paradise—about the president’s GMO program.

Keep in mind that Biden’s new secretary of agriculture, Tom Vilsack, was on board every step of the way, with Obama. Vilsack was enabler, expert, political operative, cheerleader—

MEET MONSANTO’S MAN IN WASHINGTON, BARACK OBAMA

Obama? A warrior against corporations on behalf of the people? It’s long past the time for ripping that false mask away.

During his 2008 campaign for president, Barack Obama transmitted signals that he understood the GMO/Roundup issue. Several key anti-GMO activists were impressed. They thought Obama, once in the White House, would listen to their concerns and act on them.

These activists weren’t just reading tea leaves. On the campaign trail, Obama said: “Let folks know when their food is genetically modified, because Americans have a right to know what they’re buying.”

Making the distinction between GMO and non-GMO was certainly an indication that Obama, unlike the FDA and USDA, saw there was an important line to draw in the sand.

Beyond that, Obama was promising a new era of transparency in government. He was adamant in assuring that, if elected, his administration wouldn’t do business “the old way.” He would be “responsive to people’s needs.”

Then came the reality.

After the election, people who had been working to label GMO food and warn the public of its huge dangers were shocked to the core. They saw Obama had been pulling a bait and switch.

After the 2008 election, Obama filled key posts with Monsanto people, in federal agencies that wield tremendous force in food issues, the USDA and the FDA:

At the USDA, as the director of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto Danforth Center.

As deputy commissioner of the FDA, the new food-safety-issues czar, the infamous Michael Taylor, former vice-president for public policy for Monsanto. Taylor had been instrumental in getting approval for Monsanto’s genetically engineered bovine growth hormone.

As commissioner of the USDA, Iowa governor, Tom Vilsack. Vilsack had set up a national group, the Governors’ Biotechnology Partnership, and had been given a Governor of the Year Award by the Biotechnology Industry Organization, whose members include Monsanto.

As the new Agriculture Trade Representative, who would push GMOs for export, Islam Siddiqui, a former Monsanto lobbyist.

As the new counsel for the USDA, Ramona Romero, who had been corporate counsel for another biotech giant, DuPont.

As the new head of the USAID, Rajiv Shah, who had previously worked in key positions for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a major funder of GMO agriculture research.

We should also remember that Obama’s secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, once worked for the Rose law firm. That firm was counsel to Monsanto.

Obama nominated Elena Kagan to the US Supreme Court. Kagan, as federal solicitor general, had previously argued for Monsanto in the Monsanto v. Geertson seed case before the Supreme Court.

The deck was stacked. Obama hadn’t simply made honest mistakes. Obama hadn’t just failed to exercise proper oversight in selecting appointees. He wasn’t just experiencing a failure of short-term memory. He was staking out territory on behalf of Monsanto and other GMO corporate giants.

And now let us look at what key Obama appointees have wrought for their true bosses. Let’s see what GMO crops have walked through the open door of the Obama presidency.

Monsanto GMO alfalfa.

Monsanto GMO sugar beets.

Monsanto GMO Bt soybean.

Coming soon: Monsanto’s GMO sweet corn.

Syngenta GMO corn for ethanol.

Syngenta GMO stacked corn.

Pioneer GMO soybean.

Syngenta GMO Bt cotton.

Bayer GMO cotton.

ATryn, an anti-clotting agent from the milk of transgenic goats.

A GMO papaya strain.

And perhaps, soon, genetically engineered salmon and apples.

This is an extraordinary parade. It, in fact, makes Barack Obama the most GMO-dedicated politician in America.

You don’t attain that position through errors or oversights. Obama was, all along, a stealth operative on behalf of Monsanto, biotech, GMOs, and corporate control of the future of agriculture.

From this perspective, Michelle Obama’s campaign for gardens and clean, organic, nutritious food is nothing more than a diversion, a cover story floated to obscure what her husband has actually been doing.

Nor is it coincidental that two of the Obama’s biggest supporters, Bill Gates and George Soros, purchased 900,000 and 500,000 shares of Monsanto, respectively, in 2010.

We are talking about a president who presented himself, and was believed by many to be, an extraordinary departure from politics as usual.

Not only was that a wrong assessment, Obama was lying all along. He was, and he still is, Monsanto’s man in Washington.

To those people who fight for GMO labeling and the outlawing of GMO crops, and against the decimation of the food supply and the destruction of human health, but still believe Obama is a beacon in bleak times:

Wake up.

—end of 2014 article—

Well, well. Tom Vilsack is back. Biden is about to betray the Left on a key issue.

Dear Lefties: Are you going to sit still for this?

Start tweeting and FBing.

I wonder whether you’ll get censored by your comrades in Big Tech…

SOURCES:

[1] https://advocacy.organicconsumers.or...25412/action/1

[2] https://www.organicconsumers.org/new...mocratic-party

[3] https://www.organicconsumers.org/blo...vilsack-part-i

[4] https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ture-secretary

(What are the odds that Bill Gates, who is buying up US farmland hand over fist, plans to work closely with Vilsack to create lots more poisonous and GMO food and make it harder than ever for organic farmers?)
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (18th January 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (18th January 2021), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Kryztian (19th January 2021), mountain_jim (11th March 2023), pyrangello (13th March 2022), Reinhard (19th January 2021), Violet3 (20th January 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,592 times in 5,410 posts

A fascinating piece of footage emerged from the Biden inauguration, and it is, should we say, somewhat sparsely attended :

Continues here:

Last edited by Tintin; 11th March 2023 at 12:15.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (11th March 2023), Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), Bruce G Charlton (11th March 2023), ClearWater (12th March 2023), DeDukshyn (11th August 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Ewan (11th March 2023), Miller (11th March 2023), mountain_jim (11th March 2023), Satori (11th March 2023), Seeclearly (11th March 2023)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,517 times in 32,788 posts

Do also see this major thread, with a lot of interesting things reported on it:
    (Btw, I'm minded to change the thread title of this one. The US is certainly no longer "the world's greatest country", nor is its president "the leader of the Free World".)

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (11th March 2023), avid (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), Bruce G Charlton (11th March 2023), Chip (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (11th August 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Miller (11th March 2023), mountain_jim (11th March 2023), Reinhard (11th March 2023), Tintin (11th March 2023), Yoda (11th March 2023)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,630 times in 8,592 posts

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/s...980744199?s=20

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th March 2023), Brigantia (11th March 2023), DeDukshyn (11th August 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Eva2 (12th March 2023)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Last edited by mountain_jim; 12th March 2023 at 14:27.

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2023), Brigantia (12th March 2023), ClearWater (12th March 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote BOOM! Oversight Chair James Comer: “IT’S AS BAD AS WE THOUGHT – We Have In Hand Documents That Show Biden Family Was Getting Money from Chinese Communist Party”

later

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ords-documents

"It's As Bad As We Thought": CCP Money Flowed To Biden Family According Bank Records, Documents Obtained By House GOP

< at link >
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 12th March 2023 at 21:15.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th May 2023), Brigantia (12th March 2023), DeDukshyn (11th August 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast