Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Discussion on the reliability of alternative media sources and personas

1. Link to Post #41
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,345 times in 5,388 posts

Default Re: Discussion on the reliability of alternative media sources and personas

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)

Not only was his motorcade NOT SALUTED, troops openly turned their backs on him as he passed by.

Video at: https://htrs-special.s3-us-west-2.am...01-20-2021.mp4

... the difference between the Trump's inauguration and Biden's is that at the Trump one, security are facing the crowd on the lookout for potential nutcase while their officers are saluting...

With Biden's, there is no crowd to face and their officers are not saluting!
    Yes, I've watched both and this is very clear
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (22nd January 2021), Ernie Nemeth (23rd January 2021), greybeard (22nd January 2021), Gwin Ru (22nd January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd January 2021)

3. Link to Post #42
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: Discussion on the reliability of alternative media sources and personas

I see it very simple
    Beyond the noise a good alternative media.
    So either there was voter fraud --enough to take a win from Trump or there was not.
    Either Biden is an illegal president or he is not and seems untouchable regardless
    Either there was criminal activity by Hunter Biden or there was not..
    Either the troops are there to protect the constitution or they will just go home soon, job done
    Is Lin Wood to be trusted? --I would say yes but that does not guarantee that what he said will happen.
    That is that the military is in control -- dont get in their way.

We are in a hypothetical situation-- in that the future is not fully clear -- the alternative media may have got most of it right but what they point to may not happen. Mass arrests etc.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (22nd January 2021), Blastolabs (27th January 2021), wondering (23rd January 2021)

5. Link to Post #43
    Netherlands Avalon Member Deneon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)

Using the recent election as an example, as your sudden involvement in that discussion preceded this thread, there are so many people online who have presented evidence of fraud, and while the powers that be have had their desired outcome, it happened in spite of what people saw, often with their own eyes, of fraud and other questionable activities.

You were quick to call BS on the examination of these details, but how many hearings did you watch or listen to, how many testimonies did you read? While the MSM derided the whole thing with claims of "no evidence" the truth was much closer to "evidence abounds". Don't fall into the temptation of labeling me a Trump loving Qanon, because honestly I am just willing to look, and the claim of "no evidence" is the one that falls flat.

I gave the topic due diligence, did you?
    You are incorrectly assuming I don’t believe voter fraud has taken place. I did not call BS on ALL the information that the alt media says. There are not two boxes “everything alt media says is true” and “everything alt media says is not true”. I listed a whole list of examples above. You will notice voter fraud is not one of them. Who’s doing the labelling here?

I have not labelled you as anything. In fact, this post is not directed at you at all. But it seems you have decidedly put me in the “MSM loving nut who does not believe there is any voter fraud” camp. Based on the fact I’m sometimes critical of the alt media I assume? Just because I’m critical of some of the alternative media, does not mean I think EVERYTHING they say is wrong.

Do I think voter fraud has taken place? YES
    Do I think Donald Trump is an asshole? YES
    Do I think he did good things? YES
    Do I think he did bad things? YES
    Do I think he is a saviour? NO
    Do I think the MSM is manipulating everyone? YES
    Do I think the alt media is doing that too? YES
    Do I think we should judge every story based on merit, and not based on source or what narrative it follows? A 1000 TIMES YES

These are not mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Deneon; 23rd January 2021 at 09:38. Reason: added more statements at the bottom

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deneon For This Post:

greybeard (23rd January 2021), PurpleLama (23rd January 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    Netherlands Avalon Member Deneon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Quote Posted by Deneon (here)

Very true! And again, Avalon has no problem calling out bull**** on the mainstream media. Why is calling out bull**** in the alternatie media met with so much resistance?
    I believe that if you took a few steps back, and the whole election topic aside, if you tried to go back through the board (11 years worth is a lot, I don't mean all of it!) with a fresh and honest look, you might find that your treatment of PA in your OP may be a little unfair.

We are a pretty diverse group. While some members may fit your description, others are the opposite, and most would defy either categorization.
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Deneon (here)
    Avalon has no problem calling out bull**** on the mainstream media. Why is calling out bull**** in the alternatie media met with so much resistance?
    Actually, I think Avalon does pretty well at calling out or questioning alt media BS, or its possibility.

We have a whole Known Hoaxes and Other Bad Information section, where posts and threads are retained (not censored), but tagged with a caveat.
    I should have been more precise in that specific post. There's a reason I posted this thread specifically in the 2020 Election section of the forum.

The whole point I’m trying to make is that the usual standard of discernment, healthy skepticism and critical look at unproven information that is very apparent on the entirety of this forum, is not always applied to information about the 2020 election, as I’ve mentioned at the bottom of my post here.

Too often, information coming through these alternative channels, no matter how outrageous, seem to be taken at face value. I wanna stress again I’m not talking about whether or not there has been any election fraud. Of course there’s a lot in the alternative media that’s unfortunately true. I’m talking about mass arrests, insurrection acts being signed, blackouts occurring, emergency broadcast systems being used, Donald Trump being a double now. Another recent example is multiple users posting about the wallpaper in the Oval Office, when a simple internet search will explain it.

So, once again, I agree completely that the Avalon community is USUALLY very good at discerning fake stories from real ones. Most users apply a healthy dose of skepticism to stories that have no proof or evidence. And especially when someone’s track record has been proven to be less than reliable, they usually end up in the ‘Known hoaxes and other bad information’ thread.

Not so much with information coming from some of the aforementioned alternative sources. Oh this guy just made 100 statements, of which 90 turned out to be bull**** and did not come true? No matter, here’s his next video and he says tomorrow everything will be fine!

And obviously, this doesn’t apply to everyone so I probably shouldn’t generalise and say “Avalon”. It’s just a trend I notice on the many 2020 Election threads.

I have to say though, I have definitely noticed a bit more discernment lately. And other members posting out wrong information. So it seems there is a bit more balance now
    Last edited by Deneon; 23rd January 2021 at 09:39. Reason: added 2nd sentence

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deneon For This Post:

greybeard (23rd January 2021), onawah (24th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #45
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Yes a lot of the BS is hopium -- as to an end result it is early days yet.
    Some BS has a habit of coming true.
    Some of the conspiracy theories I laughed at or disbelieved have come true..
    Like most here I want the truth.
    Sometimes it comes -- in places where you have to separate the wheat from the chaff -- seems often you cant have one without the other.
    Im not pro Trump though my opinion of him has gone up a notch.
    Im for what he said in his fair well speech.
    May freedom of the individual remain.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Peace in Oz (16th February 2021), wondering (23rd January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3