+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A recap.

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Default A recap.

I really enjoyed this look back at the 45th president and what he accomplished. Lots and lots of emoluments clauses violations. great stuff.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

So. Where is the storm?

When will the deep state be defeated?

What is the master Plan for the pedo ring having let Epstein be murdered while in Trump's custody?

I thought martial law was coming and Biden arrested? Wait arent Obama and Hillary also arrested and we are seeing clones?

When is he going to make sure JFK files come out?

He didnt even pardon Rudy. But what about Assange?

Why did the biggest thorn to the deep state not get a pardon? WHy not Snowden, Reality Winner, and or Chelsea Manning?

I sincerely hope that now that the grifter is out of office that many of you will finally come to see that you were taken by a con man just the same way the Democrats fell for Obama.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

Default Re: A recap.

None of the big events that Q and groupies predicted happened. Will Parkes, Steele and Co. re-group? Jones already did.

Plame it on shifted time lines ;-)
    Last edited by Builder; 20th January 2021 at 19:48.
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (23rd January 2021), DeDukshyn (23rd January 2021), Iancorgi (23rd January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (21st January 2021), UNEEKSTUF (20th January 2021)

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

There's enough open, empty space in front of the White House to land a sizable Space Craft...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DeDukshyn (23rd January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (21st January 2021), Michi (20th January 2021), PurpleLama (20th January 2021), selinam (20th January 2021), UNEEKSTUF (20th January 2021)

6. Link to Post #4
    Romania Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I just posted this list a few minutes ago on a different thread. Think it might find a place here also.

Quote Posted by Zamolxe (here)

Why would I believe that there is a covert power struggle pitting Trump against the deep state and satanic pedophiles, when every single prediction of these "insiders" has turned out to be a dud?
    Trust is earned, not freely given.

Also, Trump has been the most powerful man in the world for the past 4 years... how long should we wait to see the accomplishments of his "fight behind the scenes"?
    Because I have yet to see any single proof that he is fighting the deep state. No arrests, no nothing. After 4 years.

But when we point out facts that show he might not be draining the swamp, but actually is a swamp dweller himself, we are told that it's a 5d chess move, don't worry about it. These are not the droids that we are looking for.

It's been 4 years, I will leave a list of accomplishments here that seem to oppose our morals and principles regarding mother earth, peace, fighting big corporations and standing up for the little man.
    • protected Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman after killing Khashoghi because "they give us a lot of money"... seems you can buy a license to kill for the correct price
    • sold bombs to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and UAE despite congressional objections that it would lead to Saudis dropping bombs on civilians in Yemen
    • cut taxes for corporations
    • appointed Scott Pruitt to EPA after he dedicated his life to combating federal environment regulations and fighting for big oil
    • advanced construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines -
    • Keystone XL pipeline approved by President Trump, spilled 210,000 gallons of oil near the border of South Dakota and North Dakota Nov 17 2017
    • rolled back offshore drilling regulations put in place after the BP Deepwater Horizon
    • drafted a proposal to open 94% of previously protected American shorelines to offshore drilling
    • authorized five companies to use seismic airguns to search for offshore oil and gas. In doing so, the administration disregarded the federal government’s estimate that airgun testing poses a threat to many marine mammals, including dolphins and whales.
    • nominated David Bernhardt to be Secretary of the Interior, a role responsible for the management and conservation of federal land and natural resources. A former oil lobbyist, Bernhardt played a key role in rolling back the protection of endangered species
    • signed executive orders that would make it easier for gas and oil companies to lay pipelines without being blocked by states citing the Clean Water Act
    • relaxed regulations for drilling for oil and gas off Florida’s coast, Trump’s Interior Department planned to open up drilling off the state’s coast — but not until after the November election.
    • Trump administration announced that it would begin selling leases for oil and gas drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, a vast area of undisturbed wilderness in Alaska
    • eliminated an Obama-era rule that required oil and gas companies to repair methane leaks.
    • rolled back an Obama-era regulation that required oil companies to provide purchasing information when buying minerals from foreign governments. Concerned that oil companies would purchase oil from corrupt and violent foreign administrations, the SEC had originally said Obama’s regulation would “combat government corruption through transparency and accountability.” The repeal had long been on the oil lobby’s wish list, and will save oil industry giants about half a billion dollars per year in compliance costs
    • Scott Pruitt’s schedule showed he held near-daily meetings with oil lobbyists, automobile company executives, and other industry leaders, while making almost no time for environmental advocates
    • Scott Pruitt told a crowd at the Kentucky Farm Bureau that he would like to remove all tax credits given to wind and solar energy
    • signed an executive order that instructed the Bureau of Land Management to lift a moratorium on new coal mining leases for federal land
    • in his first budget proposal, Donald Trump boosted defense and security spending by $54 billion. He proposed slashing the budget for non-defense spending in areas like education, science, poverty programs, and environmental protection by almost the same amount
    • EPA would withdraw mining restrictions on Alaska’s headwaters, opening the door to a major mining facility in the area. This reversal came after an EPA study concluded the mine could decimate salmon populations in the area, and thereby harm native Alaskans whose culture depended heavily on salmon.
    • for the second most powerful position at the Environmental Protection Agency, Donald Trump nominated Andrew Wheeler, a long-time coal lobbyist who had served as legal counsel for some of the largest coal mining companies in America
    • Donald Trump and EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt moved to repeal the Clean Power Act, introduced by Obama to lower carbon dioxide emissions 32 percent by 2030
    • Trump called for $8.6 billion for his border wall in his budget proposal for fiscal year 2020. The same budget called for increased spending for the Department of Homeland Security and a 31% spending cut to the Environmental Protection Agency
    • The EPA issued the final Affordable Clean Energy Rule, which rolled back power-plant regulations established under President Obama
    • proposed major changes to the National Environmental Policy Act. The new rules would allow federal agencies to bypass consideration of the environmental impact of proposed infrastructure projects
    • EPA finalized its revised Navigable Waters Protection Rule. Under Trump, protections for many rivers, streams, and wetlands were now officially removed
    • Perchlorate, a toxic chemical compound used in rocket fuel, has been found to contaminate water, causing fetal and infant brain damage. The Obama administration planned to regulate the chemical, but the Environmental Protection Agency, led by Trump’s appointee Andrew Wheeler, went against the decision, saying that the regulation was “not in the public interest.”
    • multiple conflicts of interest either using or promoting his business through his office
    • kept pushing to hold the G7 summit at a Trump resort
    • government officials and special interest groups being hosted at trump hotels and his golf clubs. Overcharging the secret service and officials for their stay at his properties. Having Qatari, Kuweiti and Saudi delegations repeatedly organize events at his hotels, placing huge amounts of money in his pockets. Basically, they bought his influence with direct payments.
    • attacked syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles
    • killed approx 100 syrians
    • encouraged the continuation of the bombing of Yemen
    • declared the Houthis as terrorists
    • btw, before he was president he was very much pro-wars: he was for invading Lybia in 2011, he agreed to the first Gulf War, for invading North Korea:
      https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...elites/502145/
    • aggression towards Iran, airstrike that killed Qassim Suleimani. Threatening sites “important to Iran & the Iranian culture”
    • Trump administration helped GOP donors get Syria oil deal
      "Rayburn also admitted that the Trump administration had actually pushed for Delta Crescent Energy — and no other companies — to receive permission to exploit Syrian oil."
    • Trump Says U.S. Troops Stayed in Syria 'Because I Kept the Oil'
    • has pardoned four Blackwater security guards who were given lengthy prison sentences for killing 14 civilians in Baghdad in 2007, a massacre that caused international uproar
    • pardoned multiple corrupt politicians, donors or allies
    • "This administration has not only surpassed the previous one’s drone strike volume overseas, it has made the drone wars even more secretive, if that’s possible.
      According to a 2018 report in The Daily Beast, Obama launched 186 drone strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during his first two years in office. In Trump’s first two years, he launched 238."
    • "Trump's air strikes in Afghanistan dramatically increased civilian deaths: Report
      The US's easing of restrictions on aerial strikes has led to an increase of attacks across the Middle East, Afghanistan and neighbouring countries"
    • U.S. national debt has ballooned under the administration of President Donald Trump, increasing by nearly $7 trillion in less than four years.
    • Federal spending by the Trump administration is around 6.6 percent higher than it was before he took office, equating to around $255 billion
    • used his final hours in office to revoke an executive order on ethics that was meant to bolster his “drain the swamp” campaign promise.
    • Nominating Industry Insiders From the moment he took office he continued the practice of his predecessors and continue the revolving door relationship between government and corporations
    • Cozy with Big Oil
    • Cozy with Big Pharma
    • Ending Investigations Into Pesticide Dangers
    • Making GMOs Easier To Enter the Food Supply On June 11, 2019, Trump quietly issued an executive order to “streamline” GMO regulations in the United States. The order, titled Modernizing the Regulatory Framework for Agricultural Biotechnology Products
    • Support of and Expansion of the 5G Roll Out. Despite opposition by thousands of scientists, doctors, researchers, activists, and health professionals, Donald Trump pushed for the expansion of 5G networks, at one time calling for 6G.
    • Support of the Syria False Flag Narrative
    • Fighting to Keep Presidential Kill List Secret
    • Lying to the 9/11 Victims’ Families Despite making vague statements about “finding out the truth” about 9/11, Donald Trump never used his position to challenge the official narrative surrounding the 9/11 attacks. Even worse, Trump actually lied to the victims’ family members when he promised he would get to the bottom of the Saudi involvement in 9/11. Despite the families efforts to have Trump investigate Saudi Arabia, he failed to do any meaningful investigation of one of the American government’s favorite partners.
    • Imprisoned an American Citizen Without Trial or Charge
    • Continued Support of the NDAA Indefinite Detention Clause
    • Attempted to Block Testimony on CIA Torture
    • Supporting the Persecution and Prosecution of Julian Assange & Chelsea Manning

SWAMP CREATURE PROSECUTIONS: 0

REVOCATION OF PATRIOT ACT: NO

9/11 DOMESTIC CRIMINALS BROUGHT TO JUSTICE: NO

BILL GATES, G W BUSH AND **** CHENEY BROUGHT TO JUSTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL CRIMES: NO

PARDONED JULIAN ASSANGE – EDWARD SNOWDEN PATRIOTISM RECOGNIZED: NO

BREAK-UP OF BIG TECH CENSORSHIP CRIMINAL ORGS: NO

TAX INCREASES FOR BILLIONAIRES AND MONOPOLY CORPORATIONS: NO

INVESTING IN CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS SUCH AS DESALINIZATION PLANTS, AMBITIOUS DOMESTIC RECYCLING PROCESS FACILITIES, SUSTAINABLE TREE FARMING ON A MASS SCALE, CONSTRUCTION OF ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES TO REDUCE NUCLEAR REACTOR WASTE AND RISK: NO

He also didn't "Lock her up".
    Last edited by Zamolxe; 20th January 2021 at 21:06.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

There is no 'most powerful man in the world'. The power is in the collective - always has been.

Even Jesus couldn't beat the political machine, at least not in the traditional sense.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sirus For This Post:

Arcturian108 (20th January 2021), Eva2 (22nd January 2021), ExomatrixTV (20th January 2021), Jayke (20th January 2021), Journeyman (20th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (21st January 2021), Matthew (21st January 2021), UNEEKSTUF (20th January 2021), wondering (20th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #6
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    I really enjoyed this look back at the 45th president and what he accomplished. Lots and lots of emoluments clauses violations. great stuff.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

So. Where is the storm?

When will the deep state be defeated?

What is the master Plan for the pedo ring having let Epstein be murdered while in Trump's custody?

I thought martial law was coming and Biden arrested? Wait arent Obama and Hillary also arrested and we are seeing clones?

When is he going to make sure JFK files come out?

He didnt even pardon Rudy. But what about Assange?

Why did the biggest thorn to the deep state not get a pardon? WHy not Snowden, Reality Winner, and or Chelsea Manning?

I sincerely hope that now that the grifter is out of office that many of you will finally come to see that you were taken by a con man just the same way the Democrats fell for Obama.
    Well said Praxis. I myself don't understand the cognitive dissonance of some members here. They all have the right to believe in this reckoning that is just around the corner but I gave up waiting long ago.

10. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Exclamation Re: A recap.

⚠️ Fighting The Deep Rooted Bi-Partisan Corruption
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blastolabs (21st January 2021), Hym (20th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (21st January 2021), selinam (22nd January 2021), Strat (21st January 2021), XelNaga (21st January 2021)

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,064 times in 902 posts

I do not apologize for believing that the Light is stronger than the dark. Diane

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Blastolabs (21st January 2021), Charles Harris (21st January 2021), Constance (23rd January 2021), heretogrow (21st January 2021), iota (21st January 2021), Jayke (21st January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (21st January 2021), PurpleLama (21st January 2021), RunningDeer (22nd January 2021), selinam (22nd January 2021), Strat (21st January 2021), XelNaga (21st January 2021)

14. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

Quote Posted by wondering (here)
    I do not apologize for believing that the Light is stronger than the dark. Diane
    no need to apologize for acknowledging TRUTH

We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blastolabs (21st January 2021), RunningDeer (22nd January 2021), selinam (22nd January 2021), sunflower (23rd January 2021), wondering (22nd January 2021)

16. Link to Post #10
    Romania Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    Quote Posted by wondering (here)
    no need to apologize for acknowledging TRUTH

So you are acknowledging these truths?

Why would I believe that there is a covert power struggle pitting Trump against the deep state and satanic pedophiles, when every single prediction of these "insiders" has turned out to be a dud?

Also, Trump has been the most powerful man in the world for the past 4 years... how long should we wait to see the accomplishments of his "fight behind the scenes"?
    Because I have yet to see any single proof that he is fighting the deep state. No arrests, no nothing. After 4 years.

But when we point out facts that show he might not be draining the swamp, but actually is a swamp dweller himself, we are told that it's a 5d chess move, don't worry about it. These are not the droids that we are looking for.

It's been 4 years, I will leave a list of accomplishments here that seem to oppose our morals and principles regarding mother earth, peace, fighting big corporations and standing up for the little man.
    • protected Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman after killing Khashoghi because "they give us a lot of money"... seems you can buy a license to kill for the correct price
    • sold bombs to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and UAE despite congressional objections that it would lead to Saudis dropping bombs on civilians in Yemen
    • cut taxes for corporations
    • appointed Scott Pruitt to EPA after he dedicated his life to combating federal environment regulations and fighting for big oil
    • advanced construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines -
    • Keystone XL pipeline approved by President Trump, spilled 210,000 gallons of oil near the border of South Dakota and North Dakota Nov 17 2017
    • rolled back offshore drilling regulations put in place after the BP Deepwater Horizon
    • drafted a proposal to open 94% of previously protected American shorelines to offshore drilling
    • authorized five companies to use seismic airguns to search for offshore oil and gas. In doing so, the administration disregarded the federal government’s estimate that airgun testing poses a threat to many marine mammals, including dolphins and whales.
    • nominated David Bernhardt to be Secretary of the Interior, a role responsible for the management and conservation of federal land and natural resources. A former oil lobbyist, Bernhardt played a key role in rolling back the protection of endangered species
    • signed executive orders that would make it easier for gas and oil companies to lay pipelines without being blocked by states citing the Clean Water Act
    • relaxed regulations for drilling for oil and gas off Florida’s coast, Trump’s Interior Department planned to open up drilling off the state’s coast — but not until after the November election.
    • Trump administration announced that it would begin selling leases for oil and gas drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, a vast area of undisturbed wilderness in Alaska
    • eliminated an Obama-era rule that required oil and gas companies to repair methane leaks.
    • rolled back an Obama-era regulation that required oil companies to provide purchasing information when buying minerals from foreign governments. Concerned that oil companies would purchase oil from corrupt and violent foreign administrations, the SEC had originally said Obama’s regulation would “combat government corruption through transparency and accountability.” The repeal had long been on the oil lobby’s wish list, and will save oil industry giants about half a billion dollars per year in compliance costs
    • Scott Pruitt’s schedule showed he held near-daily meetings with oil lobbyists, automobile company executives, and other industry leaders, while making almost no time for environmental advocates
    • Scott Pruitt told a crowd at the Kentucky Farm Bureau that he would like to remove all tax credits given to wind and solar energy
    • signed an executive order that instructed the Bureau of Land Management to lift a moratorium on new coal mining leases for federal land
    • in his first budget proposal, Donald Trump boosted defense and security spending by $54 billion. He proposed slashing the budget for non-defense spending in areas like education, science, poverty programs, and environmental protection by almost the same amount
    • EPA would withdraw mining restrictions on Alaska’s headwaters, opening the door to a major mining facility in the area. This reversal came after an EPA study concluded the mine could decimate salmon populations in the area, and thereby harm native Alaskans whose culture depended heavily on salmon.
    • for the second most powerful position at the Environmental Protection Agency, Donald Trump nominated Andrew Wheeler, a long-time coal lobbyist who had served as legal counsel for some of the largest coal mining companies in America
    • Donald Trump and EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt moved to repeal the Clean Power Act, introduced by Obama to lower carbon dioxide emissions 32 percent by 2030
    • Trump called for $8.6 billion for his border wall in his budget proposal for fiscal year 2020. The same budget called for increased spending for the Department of Homeland Security and a 31% spending cut to the Environmental Protection Agency
    • The EPA issued the final Affordable Clean Energy Rule, which rolled back power-plant regulations established under President Obama
    • proposed major changes to the National Environmental Policy Act. The new rules would allow federal agencies to bypass consideration of the environmental impact of proposed infrastructure projects
    • EPA finalized its revised Navigable Waters Protection Rule. Under Trump, protections for many rivers, streams, and wetlands were now officially removed
    • Perchlorate, a toxic chemical compound used in rocket fuel, has been found to contaminate water, causing fetal and infant brain damage. The Obama administration planned to regulate the chemical, but the Environmental Protection Agency, led by Trump’s appointee Andrew Wheeler, went against the decision, saying that the regulation was “not in the public interest.”
    • multiple conflicts of interest either using or promoting his business through his office
    • kept pushing to hold the G7 summit at a Trump resort
    • government officials and special interest groups being hosted at trump hotels and his golf clubs. Overcharging the secret service and officials for their stay at his properties. Having Qatari, Kuweiti and Saudi delegations repeatedly organize events at his hotels, placing huge amounts of money in his pockets. Basically, they bought his influence with direct payments.
    • attacked syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles
    • killed approx 100 syrians
    • encouraged the continuation of the bombing of Yemen
    • declared the Houthis as terrorists
    • btw, before he was president he was very much pro-wars: he was for invading Lybia in 2011, he agreed to the first Gulf War, for invading North Korea:
      https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...elites/502145/
    • aggression towards Iran, airstrike that killed Qassim Suleimani. Threatening sites “important to Iran & the Iranian culture”
    • Trump administration helped GOP donors get Syria oil deal
      "Rayburn also admitted that the Trump administration had actually pushed for Delta Crescent Energy — and no other companies — to receive permission to exploit Syrian oil."
    • Trump Says U.S. Troops Stayed in Syria 'Because I Kept the Oil'
    • has pardoned four Blackwater security guards who were given lengthy prison sentences for killing 14 civilians in Baghdad in 2007, a massacre that caused international uproar
    • pardoned multiple corrupt politicians, donors or allies
    • "This administration has not only surpassed the previous one’s drone strike volume overseas, it has made the drone wars even more secretive, if that’s possible.
      According to a 2018 report in The Daily Beast, Obama launched 186 drone strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during his first two years in office. In Trump’s first two years, he launched 238."
    • "Trump's air strikes in Afghanistan dramatically increased civilian deaths: Report
      The US's easing of restrictions on aerial strikes has led to an increase of attacks across the Middle East, Afghanistan and neighbouring countries"
    • U.S. national debt has ballooned under the administration of President Donald Trump, increasing by nearly $7 trillion in less than four years.
    • Federal spending by the Trump administration is around 6.6 percent higher than it was before he took office, equating to around $255 billion
    • used his final hours in office to revoke an executive order on ethics that was meant to bolster his “drain the swamp” campaign promise.
    • Nominating Industry Insiders From the moment he took office he continued the practice of his predecessors and continue the revolving door relationship between government and corporations
    • Cozy with Big Oil
    • Cozy with Big Pharma
    • Ending Investigations Into Pesticide Dangers
    • Making GMOs Easier To Enter the Food Supply On June 11, 2019, Trump quietly issued an executive order to “streamline” GMO regulations in the United States. The order, titled Modernizing the Regulatory Framework for Agricultural Biotechnology Products
    • Support of and Expansion of the 5G Roll Out. Despite opposition by thousands of scientists, doctors, researchers, activists, and health professionals, Donald Trump pushed for the expansion of 5G networks, at one time calling for 6G.
    • Support of the Syria False Flag Narrative
    • Fighting to Keep Presidential Kill List Secret
    • Lying to the 9/11 Victims’ Families Despite making vague statements about “finding out the truth” about 9/11, Donald Trump never used his position to challenge the official narrative surrounding the 9/11 attacks. Even worse, Trump actually lied to the victims’ family members when he promised he would get to the bottom of the Saudi involvement in 9/11. Despite the families efforts to have Trump investigate Saudi Arabia, he failed to do any meaningful investigation of one of the American government’s favorite partners.
    • Imprisoned an American Citizen Without Trial or Charge
    • Continued Support of the NDAA Indefinite Detention Clause
    • Attempted to Block Testimony on CIA Torture
    • Supporting the Persecution and Prosecution of Julian Assange & Chelsea Manning

SWAMP CREATURE PROSECUTIONS: 0

REVOCATION OF PATRIOT ACT: NO

9/11 DOMESTIC CRIMINALS BROUGHT TO JUSTICE: NO

BILL GATES, G W BUSH AND **** CHENEY BROUGHT TO JUSTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL CRIMES: NO

PARDONED JULIAN ASSANGE – EDWARD SNOWDEN PATRIOTISM RECOGNIZED: NO

BREAK-UP OF BIG TECH CENSORSHIP CRIMINAL ORGS: NO

TAX INCREASES FOR BILLIONAIRES AND MONOPOLY CORPORATIONS: NO

INVESTING IN CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS SUCH AS DESALINIZATION PLANTS, AMBITIOUS DOMESTIC RECYCLING PROCESS FACILITIES, SUSTAINABLE TREE FARMING ON A MASS SCALE, CONSTRUCTION OF ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES TO REDUCE NUCLEAR REACTOR WASTE AND RISK: NO

He also didn't "Lock her up".

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

I don't know who or what Q is supposed to be. But if there is any truth to the Q predictions, for example, leaders toppling around the world, then Q is ABOVE all these corrupt leaders he is planning to sacrifice. Otherwise Q would not have enough power to pull it off. So it might just be a matter of the REAL boss getting his underlings (the supposed Powers That Be) to take the fall for what he had them do. And usher in the "kinder gentler" New World Order.

18. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,397 times in 1,674 posts

So you are acknowledging these truths?

Actually, no. And nor should you. These aren't truths; this is entertainment, especially if one is a Never Trumper. The content underlying the entertainment is subjective truths at best.

The presenter keeps using that word (lie), but I do not think it means what he thinks it means

For example, the first few of his accusations of Trump lies are completely false. Obama didn't wiretap Trump? Really?. Hillary Clinton wasn't involved with the Uranium One scandal...presumably because the FBI classified 37 pages of information that would definitively prove otherwise?

Of course the report in The Hill could be a lie, and the 37 redacted pages hiding the Uranium One crimes from we plebs could implicate Trump himself and exonerate HRC and restore her girl-scout reputation. Who really knows? I suppose it would depend on which dots the reader choses to connect (and their skill at discernment) to suit her/his fantasies. The point is, every single one of the so-called "lies" in this video can be easily argued or debunked. Which can be countered and counter-countered ad infinitum.

If those claiming the high-ground on truth haven't figured out we are amid an information war wrapped around a PsyOp, where truth propagates from the propaganda tentacle of Deep State and its countering narratives and eventually forms as it will in the mind of the beholder, then they aren't paying close enough attention.

Who among us is arrogant enough to be the arbiter of truth?
    Last edited by T Smith; 22nd January 2021 at 07:07.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

atman (22nd January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (23rd January 2021), Deux Corbeaux (22nd January 2021), Hym (22nd January 2021), Jayke (22nd January 2021), Mike (22nd January 2021), PurpleLama (22nd January 2021), RunningDeer (22nd January 2021), Sirus (22nd January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (23rd January 2021), sunflower (23rd January 2021), TomKat (22nd January 2021), wondering (23rd January 2021)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

On the front of criticizing Donald Trump, let me say that he was no Angel and did succumb to cronyism and giving tax cuts to those who needed it least. However, let us not discard some positions he took that benefited many:

1). He did not initiate any new significant military conflicts, unlike the the prior 70 years of prior presidents.

2) He exited major trade deals that did not benefit average Americans, like the Pacific trade pact.

3) He stood up to China and it's creeping one sided trade policies and expansionism in the South China Sea

4) He was pro-life

5) He exited the Paris Climate accord which is really a main plank in the UN's agenda 2021/2030 and its march towards the great reset into the new world order

6) He was in the process of disempowering the fed

7) He was in the process of disempowering the CIA.

8) the American economy was doing it's best before covid.

I know his lack of a balanced budget was a huge concern, and what he could have done and didn't do to drain the swamp was disappointing, but we can't really comprehend the extent of opposition Trump was facing. I have never seen a political leader subjected to so much hyped misinformation and attempts at persecution, let alone the media censorship that he's been subjected to. And he did not incite the assault on the capitol on Jan 6, and there was no proof of misconduct in Russia gate (unless you want to charge the Obama admin and HRC for illegally propogaring lies against trump), and there was nothing impeachable in the Ukraine event except possibly joe Biden and his son's corruption.

So trump was no Angel, but he won the election without the fraud. Why do you think that the Democrats went to such lengths to dispose of him? Because he was an obstacle to the NWO.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (23rd January 2021), Deux Corbeaux (23rd January 2021), Mike (23rd January 2021), PurpleLama (22nd January 2021), Sirus (22nd January 2021), sunflower (23rd January 2021), T Smith (23rd January 2021), wondering (23rd January 2021)

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Also bringing the price of insulin down for Americans.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sirus For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (23rd January 2021), Justplain (23rd January 2021), Mike (23rd January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (23rd January 2021), sunflower (23rd January 2021), T Smith (23rd January 2021), wondering (23rd January 2021)

24. Link to Post #15
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,478 times in 2,544 posts

The concerted, unprecedented, blatant attack on Trump was so appalling, that that alone led many intelligent people to initially question the narrative.
    It started on day 1 of Trump's presidency, if not before.

Reminded me of the expression "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Blastolabs (23rd January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (23rd January 2021), ClearWater (23rd January 2021), Deux Corbeaux (23rd January 2021), Iancorgi (23rd January 2021), iota (23rd January 2021), Justplain (24th January 2021), Mike (23rd January 2021), Sirus (23rd January 2021), sunflower (23rd January 2021), T Smith (23rd January 2021), wondering (23rd January 2021)

26. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

I just posted this list a few minutes ago on a different thread. Think it might find a place here also.

i had to search under paid provocateurs to find you ... and just had to find the threads you had professionally and expertly derailed ... following and tracking me in each one ... so after this you will be blocked ... i will not see whatever attempted antagonistic response you will reply and the value i have already assigned to it in advance can be summed up as having absolutely NONE ...

so you merit nothing else ...

but since you spammed the list compiled by your agency all over this forum?

as far as Biden Crime?

i have a small list myself ....
    ~ to ALL of these? ~ i actually have links

8/3/2002: Sen. Biden's Daughter Arrested
    8/4/2002: Sen. Biden’s Daughter Arrested in Altercation

8/24/2008: Whew boy! "Joe Biden's son is the one who got Obama out of this (Sinclair) mess."
    8/24/2008: My Son, The Lobbyist: Biden's Son a Well-Paid DC Insider
    8/25/2008: MBNA paid Biden son at critical time for bill
    9/2/2008: TIMES INVESTIGATATION REVELS BIDEN FAMILY EMESHESED IN DC MONEY GAME
    9/8/2008: The son also rises (Joe Biden influence alert)
    9/13/2008: Biden's son quits lobbying work
    9/13/2008: Biden son no longer a federal lobbyist (Change we can't believe in)
    9/13/2008: Hunter Biden Puts Lobbyist Career On Hold
    9/15/2008: Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits
    9/19/2008: Why does Joe Biden lie about a 'drunk driver' killing his 1st wife?
    10/15/2008: Biden routes campaign cash to family, their firms

1/1/2009: VP-Elect's son reaches settlement for fraud Link for article no longer exists but on Wayback Machine
    2/24/2009: Stanford Had Links to a Fund Run by Bidens
    2/28/2009: JUDGE TO BANKER, BIDENS: GIVE PEACE A CHANCE (an elaborate scheme to defraud?)
    3/28/2009: VP Daughter Caught Up in a Cocaine Scandal (?)
    3/28/2009: FRIEND OF BIDEN'S DAUGHTER SHOPPING TAPE OF HER ALLEGEDLY DOING COCAINE
    4/29/2009: Biden Son and Brother Near Epicenter of Two Ponzi Schemes
    5/2/2009: Are the Bidens Mixed Up in Hedge Fund Scandal?
    6/23/2009: A Biden connection: The Amtrak IG scandal

1/2/2010: Blogger Exposes Hedge Fund Scam

8/24/2015: Joe Biden’s Son Gets Caught with Ashley Madison Account (Says it's a set-up)

1/20/2018: Joe Biden’s Niece Finally Pays up for $100K Credit Card Scam
    3/15/2018: Inside the shady private equity firm run by Kerry and Biden’s kids
    3/20/2018: Joe Biden’s Son’s Massive Deal with Chinese Company ‘Trying to Steal’ America’s Nuclear Secrets
    7/27/2018: Biden’s Niece Gets Probation for $100,000 Credit Card Scam

4/4/2019: Exclusive: VP Biden Steered $1.8B tax dollars to Ukraine; Son Hunter Bagged ‘Sweetheart Govt Deal’
    4/30/2019: Steve Hilton: China Is ‘Funding Biden Family Businesses’ with ‘Billions of Dollars’
    5/1/2019: Hunter Biden, 49, 'amicably' splits from his brother Beau's widow Hallie, 45, ..
    5/1/2019: Biden’s History of Lies, Family Scandals and Corruption
    5/2/2019: NYT Confirms Hunter Biden Was Paid by Ukrainians While Father Was VP
    5/17/2019: Trump: Biden’s Son Should face Probe Over China Deal
    6/20/2019: Watch: ABC’s ‘Good Morning America’ Presents Deep Dive into Hunter Biden’s Ukraine, China Dealings
    6/20/2019: Arkansas Woman Says Hunter Biden is the Father of Her Infant Child
    6/21/2019: Hunter Biden’s alleged love child debacle just the latest in string of suspicious incidents
    7/1/2019" Biden son Hunter scoffs at Trump calls for probe into Ukraine business ties: 'F-you, Mr. President!'
    8/3/2019: Joe Biden’s Brother Scored Generous Loans During Banking Committee Tenure
    8/3/2019: Biden’s Corruption Problem
    8/5/2019: Joe Biden's brother and hedge fund manager accused of fraud
    8/18/2019: Business efforts of Biden brother and son prompt new questions over influence peddling
    8/27/2019: Joe Biden's brother is being sued by medical execs over a scheme....
    9/20/2019: Ukrainian Official: We’re Ready to Investigate Biden’s Son—if Trump Asks Officially
    9/20/2019: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son

9/22/2019: Biden caught lying: Says He Never Discussed Hunter’s Ukraine Deal. Hunter Says He Did
    9/23/2019: Hunter Biden Versus Joe Biden: Father and Son Contradict One Another Regarding Ukraine Scandal
    9/23/2019: Lindsey Graham Says DOJ Should Investigate Biden-Ukraine Connection
    9/23/2019: So, what were Hunter Biden’s connections to get a commission?
    9/24/2019: John Solomon devastates Democrats on Ukraine
    9/25/2019: RNC Calls On Biden To Release His Transcripts
    9/25/2019: BEASTMODE: Sen. Kennedy Asks ‘Do You Think They Got Hunter Biden’s Name Off ZipRecruiter?’
    9/25/2019: Video of Joe Biden Brags About Getting Ukranian Prosecutor Fired
    9/26/2019: Now Joe Biden's BROTHER is accused of sleaze: James Biden 'promised healthcare firm...
    9/26/2019: ‘Well, Son of a Bitch’ : Ukraine Scandal Is About Biden
    9/26/2019: Biden’s OTHER massive scandal: The $1.5 billion China deal explained in three minutes (Video)
    9/28/2019: Ace reporter John Solomon: Boatloads more corruption info on Joe, Hunter Biden coming
    9/29/2019: Peter Schweizer joins Mark Levin to discuss corruption involving Hunter Biden
    10/1/2019: Photo of Biden Golfing With Ukraine Gas Company Exec May Have Upended His Narrative
    10/3/2019: Peter Schweizer: The bottom line is Joe Biden and his son's Ukraine dealings must be investigated
    10/4/2019: Nancy Pelosi’s Son Also Board Member of Energy Company, Traveled to Ukraine and Nancy
    10/7/2019: Mollie Hemingway: Joe Biden's brother also involved in scandal and media ignores it
    10/9/2019: Why Joe Biden? Mitt Romney Asks
    10/9/2019: What Hunter Biden Did Was Legal — And That’s the Problem

10/9/2019: Giuliani Just Dropped some BOMBS on Hannity
    10/11/2019: Peter Schweizer: Hunter Biden's 'radio silence' on Ukraine dealings only raises suspicions
    10/13/2019: Donald Trump Taunts Hunter Biden as He Leaves Board of Chinese Investment Firm
    10/13/2019: Hunter Biden Leaves China Board as Trump Attacks Hit Home
    10/15/2019: The Bidens Concede
    10/15/2019: Hunter Biden tells ABC News he received NO money from China, bank records tell a different story
    10/27/2019: Joe Biden Defends His Son’s Ukraine Dealings: ‘He Did Not Do a Single Thing Wrong’
    11/8/2019: REPORT: ZELENSKY WAS ABOUT TO ANNOUNCE BIDEN INVESTIGATION WHEN AID WAS RELEASED"
    11/11/2019: Yes, a fair impeachment inquiry would question Hunter Biden
    11/19/2019: Impeachment surprise: How Adam Schiff validated my reporting on Ukraine
    11/19/2019: Rep. Adam Schiff To Ukraine: Don’t Investigate Bidens
    11/20/2019: Hunter Biden the father of Arkansas woman’s baby, DNA test shows
    11/22/2019: Joe Biden spars with reporter who asked about Hunter’s paternity suit
    11/24/2019: Giuliani Claims To Have Decades Of Evidence Relating To ‘Biden Family’ Corruption In Latest Tweet
    11/27/2019: EXCLUSIVEHunter Biden’s ‘baby mama’ Lunden Roberts was stripper at club he frequented
    12/7/2019: Always Remember Joe Biden Misled Everyone About Wife's Death, Blamed Innocent Man for Years
    12/8/2019: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
    12/10/2019: Deadbeat Dad Hunter Biden Refuses to Pay Baby Mama Lunden Roberts’ $11,000 Legal Bill – And She’s Demanding He Admit How Much Burisma Paid Him!
    12/12/2019: EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Biden's baby mama will get to grill the vice president's son under oath about money he made from Burisma [tr]
    12/24/2019: Hunter Biden owns massive home in swanky Hollywood Hills, court

1/18/2020: How five members of Joe Biden’s family got rich through his connections
    1/20/2020: Joe Biden’s Brother Frank Linked to Projects Receiving $54,000,000 in Taxpayer Loans from the Obama Administration—Despite No Experience
    1/21/2020: New Reports Reveal That The Companies Of Biden’s Brother Received $54 MILLION In Taxpayer-Funded Loans To Finance Energy Projects In Central
    1/23/2020: Peter Schweizer on how Biden family got rich: Hunter 'just the tip of the iceberg'
    1/28/2020: Lobbyist bought tropical land from Biden’s brother
    2/9/2020" Rudy Giuliani predicts Trump will be 'totally vindicated' by 'smoking gun' in Hunter Biden probe: 'We've got the documents'
    2/17/2020: FBI Raids James Biden-Tied Business
    3/10/2020: James Biden’s health care ventures face a growing legal morass. A mysterious FBI raid. New allegations from former executives. Questions are swirling about the business dealings of Joe Biden’s brother.
    3/10/2020: Mainstream Media Ignore Report Of Joe Biden's Brother Facing Fraud Allegations
    3/11/2020: Senate Democrat wants investigation into possible bias of federal agencies in Hunter Biden requests
    5/21/2020: Lawsuit Documents Allege James Biden Committed Fraud, Racketeering
    7/11/2020: Joe Biden’s family racks up arrests for drugs, drunk driving - but no jail time
    10/5/2020: Joe Biden’s niece set to appear in court for DUI case day after presidential election
    The October Surpise October 14, 2020
    Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad
    BREAKING: Hunter Biden laptop seized by FBI, smoking gun emails obtained by NY Post
    The BIDEN CRIME FAMILY'S Payoff Scheme | Rudy Giuliani's EXCLUSIVE Reaction
    Twitter and Facebook are actively censoring the Biden/Ukraine corruption stories
    Hunter Biden and the Big Tech information coup
    House Judiciary GOP copies Biden NY Post story to their website and posts it on twitter
    Identity theft, Ashley Madison scandal, stripper baby mama, sleeping with brother's widow, quickie marriage and now an email bombshell: How Hunter's past continues to haunt him - and threatens to ruin Joe's WH run
    Jack Dorsey APOLOGIZES after Trump threatened to remove Facebook and Twitter protections and called them 'terrible' for blocking story about Joe Biden meeting son Hunter's Ukraine business partners
    Donald Trump claims Hunter Biden's laptop revelations show his rival's family are 'grifters' as Rudy Giuliani boasts of 40,000 MORE emails after bombshell claim VP met his son's Ukraine business partner
    Biden Campaign: VP May Have Had ‘Informal’ Meeting With Burisma Exec At Center Of Bombshell NY Post Report

October 15, 2020

Man Who Had Hunter Biden’s Laptop Suggests There’s More, Hints At FBI Coverup, Fears Assassination (Full Audio Interview)
    NEW: Emails reveal how Hunter Biden tried to cash in big on behalf of family with Chinese firm
    President Trump Tweet: Video of Joe Biden Denials
    Why did Biden Meet with Soros the Day Before the Burisma Email to Hunter?
    Computer Repairman Who Exposed Biden Emails Says FBI Told Him to Stay Quiet
    Joe Biden had this impeachment thing that was bleepin’ golden, but Hunter Biden messes it up
    Latest Cache Of Emails Detail How Hunter Biden Earned Millions In China “For Introductions”
    (VIDEO) Tucker: Big Tech Smothering Hunter’s Email Story Is Censorship on a Scale We Never Imagined
    It Gets Worse! Obama White House “Hosted” Call To Burisma About Joe’s $1 Billion Extortion Trip
    House Republicans ask FBI if it had Hunter Biden's alleged laptop during Trump's impeachment
    Emails reveal Hunter Biden tried to cash in on behalf of family with Chinese firm
    Feds examining whether alleged Hunter Biden emails are linked to a foreign intel operation (Fake News)
    Biden advisers cannot rule out meeting with Ukrainian energy executive

October 16, 2020

Hunter Biden Offered $10 Million Annually by Chinese Energy Firm for ‘Introductions Alone,’ Email Shows
    EXCLUSIVE: 1-On-1 With Rudy Giuliani — What Haven’t We Seen From The Hunter Biden Hard Drive, And Why Won’t He Release It In Full?
    https://www.freerepublic.com/~conser...Ffocus%2Fmy%2F
    Steve Bannon boasted 'I have Hunter's hard drive' two weeks before its secrets were revealed - and allies of billionaire Chinese fugitive who pays Bannon and partied with Rudy Giuliani hinted at 'sex and money scandal' late in September too
    I asked Joe Biden: What is your response to the NYPost story about your son, sir? He called it a “smear campaign” and then went after me...

October 17, 2020

After Hours: NY Post Hunter Biden Scandal with Steve Bannon
    Yes, The Hunter Biden Emails Are Authentic
    Hunter Biden: What was he doing in Ukraine and China?
    NPR: 'Experts' Say Covering Hunter Biden Corruption Story Deepens 'Stigma' of Addiction For 'Millions'
    CBS news director responds to his reporter for asking Biden about Hunter
    Exclusive: Larry C. Johnson Interviews John Paul Mac Issac — The American Patriot Who Was Hired to Fix Hunter Biden’s Computers and the Rest Is History
    Donald Trump was impeached for Joe Biden’s crimes
    Hunter Biden emails 'identify Joe Biden as ''the Big Guy'' who would receive 10% share in deal with Chinese energy firm'
    Rudy Previews UNRELEASED Info From Hunter's Hard Drive
    Hunters Laptop: Computer shop owner contacted the Senate Committee on Sept 24th (new Johnson letter)
    RIDING THE DRAGON: The Bidens' Chinese Secrets (Full Documentary)
    Clift: ‘Social Media Companies Are Reacting Responsibly’ to Hunter Biden Story (Daily Beast attacks free press!)
    NY POST - HUNTER BIDEN SCANDAL | The Timeline | Obama | Hillary | Biden | Hunter | Media

October 18, 2020

Wait, There's More: Before the Bidens ‘Did’ Ukraine, There Was Iraq – and Serbia
    Censoring the Biden story: How social media becomes state media
    Joe Biden-Linked Firm Made Major Investments in Chinese Corporations
    Hunter Biden Emails 'Identify Joe Biden As ''The Big Guy'' Who Would Receive 10% Share In Deal With Chinese Energy Firm
    Does this explain why Facebook suppressed Hunter Biden revelations?

i had accumulated enough data to substantiate his criminality ... evidence everywhere .. at this point more important things occupied my time ...

January 2021

MY NOTE : ASSUMED OFFICE STOLEN FROM OUR DULY ELECTED
    PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump through FRAUD

all of these are links and would take hours to post URL for

and should be easily searchable unless you still use Google ...

but on

Gibiru.com

for example should easily find
    Last edited by iota; 23rd January 2021 at 09:47.
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Blastolabs (23rd January 2021), ExomatrixTV (2nd March 2022), Jayke (23rd January 2021), Justplain (24th January 2021)

28. Link to Post #17
    Romania Unsubscribed
    Thanks

i had to search under paid provocateurs to find you
    Hi again,
    What does that mean exactly? Am I on a list? Could you share the location of that list, you made me curios.

And also, why are you reverting to ad hominem?

following and tracking me in each one
    I haven't been following you, I don't understant why you are getting so worked up.

I've never been aggressive in any of my posts and all I wanted was to hear your opinion on the facts I presented.

I understand that quoting the list 3 times might have been too much, but it was just because no one on the pro-Trump side was answering... You could have just politely said that it was bothering you and I would have stopped.

But then Bill Ryan blocked me from posting on those threads and then removing my posts completely. The 3 posts removed were :
    1. the list
    2. me saying that I wanted a civilized conversation with you
    3. and asking him about his opinion of the list.

It is a bit hypocritical regarding the way people on the forum complain about cancel culture, 1984, etc... when at the slightest disagreement with the narrative here through unagressive posts that just stated facts, Bill Ryan limits free speech, censors my posts and silenced a dissenting voice. 1984 much? Cancel culture? Censorship?
    so after this you will be blocked
    From what I see on this forum, anytime someone questions the pro-Trump arguments, they do it pretty much civilized, but the response to them is very aggressive and gets people really worked up.

There's a term for someone being so delicate that they get offended too easily: Snowflake

And finally, regarding your list about Biden. I completely agree, he is a swamp creature. I've said this before, I am not hiding my opinion.

But... just an advice... if you plan to label someone as a paid provocateur/troll, it's best you don't use whataboutism , like you just did. That specific method is particularly associated with a certain propaganda.
    Last edited by Zamolxe; 23rd January 2021 at 10:48.

29. Link to Post #18
    Romania Unsubscribed
    Thanks

following and tracking me in each one
    This looks like projection... as it would seem that you are following and tracking me.

i had to search under paid provocateurs to find you

And again, just to make my intentions clear:
    I posted that list because I believe that most on the pro-Trump side are completely unaware of the actions he has taken.

After years of labeling the MSM as "fake news" (for which there have been very good reasons), people have completely turned their back on "the other side's" news media. So when you close yourself in a bubble and only listen to state propaganda that tells us nothing else than how great our Supreme Leader is, it starts to get very dangerous.

I for example, listen to both sides to get the negatives that each do. I do not believe that one side is better than the other, but seems people on this forum have become very polarised...

30. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Trump's policies were steered by his voters and his own ideas on how to benefit Americans. Bidens and most world leaders policies are implemented with a singular outcome in mind for humanity- and it isn't a good one.

If the leaders of the world were not products of the political system like Trump, humanity would find it's way through trial and error, and I'm confident the outcome would be great.

That's the difference that makes the difference.
    Last edited by Sirus; 23rd January 2021 at 13:05.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sirus For This Post:

Jayke (23rd January 2021), Justplain (24th January 2021), PurpleLama (23rd January 2021), sunflower (23rd January 2021)

32. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by mijatoca (here)
    They all have the right to believe in this reckoning that is just around the corner but I gave up waiting long ago.
    This is an interesting comment that can be taken in either of two ways. Many people here would say that if you were just waiting for something like you would wait for a bus, then that is a very good thing to have stopped. The question is: when waiting proves futile, what do you do about it? What do you do instead of waiting for the bus that is not coming? Do you stay where you are, or do you start walking home? If you start hitch-hiking at the bus shelter, car drivers probably won’t give you a lift, but if you get moving in the rain, they just might help you on your way.

A more useful analogy might be finding oneself on a desert island. If you are not watching out for ships and planes and ready to gesticulate wildly at any that come near, you have zero chance of being rescued. And in the meantime, rescue or no rescue, you need to get on with your life, build a shelter, find food, ready for the long haul. I’ve just reread Shakespeare’s The Tempest in which Prospero, the former duke of Milan ousted by his brother and exiled on a desert island, performs magic in order to organize his own rescue. For this day of reckoning, he brings in friends and enemies alike, and works out a peaceful solution to the entire situation. The magic simply involves the manifestation of Prospero’s wishes.
    Quote Alonso. This is as strange a maze as e’er men trod,
    And there is in this business more than nature
    Was eve conduct of. Some oracle must
    Must rectify our knowledge.
    Prospero. Do not infest your mind with beating on the strangeness of this business
    The audience can identify with whomever they wish: with Alonso or Prospero the magician. Or Trinculo, the original man ‘in a pickle’ – both drunk and in an impossible quandary after being caught thieving and plotting murder. Or the treacherous monster and witch’s son Caliban (‘What a thrice-double ass was I to take this drunkard for a god, and worship this dull fool’.) Or Miranda, discovering human society for the first time, and marvelling at this ‘brave new world’, long before Huxley put his pessimistic slant on the phrase.

Prospero’s magic, in other words Shakespeare’s creative imagination, creates a hugely optimistic alternative to the stark future of the history plays. Suspension of disbelief is all it takes to discover that everything else makes sense. Once this first step is taken, all the rest follows naturally; there is no sorcery in the logic of the story itself. But until you take that first step, nothing good will happen. But once you take it, you might discover how close ‘just round the corner’ really is: a very short walk.

These sentiments have been bringing the best out of people for a very long time.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

ClearWater (23rd January 2021), Jayke (23rd January 2021), PurpleLama (23rd January 2021), Sirus (23rd January 2021), sunflower (23rd January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast