+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst 1 6 16

Thread: This GameStop Short Squeeze is Making History!

1. Link to Post #301
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: This GameStop Short Squeeze is Making History!

So all expected cyclical movements were completely absent from this time period... I was very wrong on this predicted movement; there is some interestingly backed goal post movement to this week due to rule changes that the SEC passed in 1 day with zero time for comments (seems a bit suspect to me... Feb 9th the set up... And the beautiful bait and switch title of this insanely rapidly passed rule is "Short Position and Short Activity Reporting by Institutional Investment Managers", the word "discretion" is used 54 times.. haha)... at this point I'm re-evaluating a lot...

Great lesson on how little visibility we(Non financial institutions) have and how vastly complex the markets are; I hope no one looked at my posts and acted as if I knew what the hell I'm doing (I really was very confident, sadly).

Good times, live and learn! (if nothing happens before Mar 18 I'm going to completely re-evaluate my theory that shot positions have been moved to alternate areas (mostly ETF's) and view this stock as more of a good "long term" investment as the company continues to improve (how ever "continues to" is very contingent on the Mar 17 earnings report, which is expected to be very good, but reality and expectations often do not line up).

I've down graded my confidence in my own theories, self doubt is often the best learning motivator! stay brave folks!

Jon Stewart is on board... haha
    Last edited by TargeT; 8th March 2022 at 02:22.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Blastolabs (8th March 2022), ClearWater (8th March 2022), DaveToo (8th March 2022), justntime2learn (8th March 2022), onevoice (8th March 2022), Orph (8th March 2022)

3. Link to Post #302
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,352 times in 432 posts

I believed you and invested everything I had!!!!

Kidding.

Is it safe to say after watching this thing I think it's safe to stay the stock market is as corrupt or more corrupt than anyone can imagine.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

ClearWater (8th March 2022), justntime2learn (8th March 2022), TargeT (8th March 2022)

5. Link to Post #303
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've just put all of my money into GME. Not kidding. Purchased via computershare.com so that I actually own the stock and a broker can't sell my position because it's in their ToS.

I entertain crazy theories all of the time (after all, I'm on Project Avalon...), but I almost never put money into anything. My only significant bets to date have been on Trump winning 2016 and Rex Tillerson being picked by Trump as SoS. First one was a 4x and second one was a clean 10x.

I recently stumbled back onto GME after not paying much attention to it when the initial hype was happening, and after a few days of research (I knew nothing about finance), I firmly believe this is the absolute gamble of a lifetime.

The interesting thing is that it makes zero difference what GameStop does at this point, so long as they do not outright fail as a company. And if you look into the logistics of the company, they simply won't. This is a ticking time bomb that cannot be diffused.

I recognize there's a chance I'm wrong.

Quote Posted by Blastolabs (here)
    I believed you and invested everything I had!!!!

Kidding.

Is it safe to say after watching this thing I think it's safe to stay the stock market is as corrupt or more corrupt than anyone can imagine.
    Yes, that's safe to say. But it also indicates you don't understand the premise of the GME squeeze if you think the GME hype was a corrupt stock scheme by TPTB.

If you own GME, be sure to DRS your GME shares so that brokers do not f*ck around with your shares when the squeeze happens. More info here: https://www.drsgme.org/

6. Link to Post #304
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by waxamillionpehhgasus (here)

Yes, that's safe to say. But it also indicates you don't understand the premise of the GME squeeze if you think the GME hype was a corrupt stock scheme by TPTB.

If you own GME, be sure to DRS your GME shares so that brokers do not f*ck around with your shares when the squeeze happens. More info here: https://www.drsgme.org/
    I thought the squeeze came and gone?

Or will there possibly be a second squeeze?

What's your entry and exit price?

7. Link to Post #305
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)

I thought the squeeze came and gone?

Or will there possibly be a second squeeze?

What's your entry and exit price?
    I assumed that too, but as far as I can tell, nothing actually happened during the hype last year as far as a squeeze goes. The GME SEC Report in October that states, on both pg. 29 and pg. 42, that the run up was not from a gamma squeeze. “As noted above, though, staff did not find evidence of a gamma squeeze in GME during January 2021”-SEC Report, pg. 29. (More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/...whu/checkmate/). There's more too but I'm not yet experienced enough to explain everything correctly/succintly, finance is horrendously stupid and complex.

More importantly though, I am not really relying on looking at the behavior of GME's price, as that can be manipulated in probably a million different ways by people with money, and I don't have any interest in understanding that and I don't think it's reliable, outside of the fact that it sure is strange that a company supposedly worth $4 and $20 has been bumping and jumping between $100 and $200 well after the initial hype of a potential squeeze died down.

This is vague, but I have a few different things that convinced me to do it.
    1. First is what I could glean from the research I did about the squeeze not having happened yet.
    2. Second is the fact that things are going to crash because of real estate (which is a far less controversial opinion) and if these people are right about GME's price being manipulated, GME will not crash or not crash as hard or recover from the crash more quickly, which means money of all types will flow into it, which will mess with the people trying to keep a hold on it, which they need to do to prevent catastrophe, so if it jumps and the buy button isn't restricted again, that's a catalyst for the supposed squeeze
    3. Third because greedy people hate themselves for missing out on Bitcoin and if GameStop jumps past its previous price for no reason that will cause a stampede.
    4. Fourth (and potentially most importantly) how the world of finance is REACTING to GME. They're being sketchy as hell about it. This is honestly my main thing.
    5. Fifth because GameStop is a solid company and there is a cult of investors behind it now. I don't see it going to 0, so overall with this bet I see HUGE reward potential with almost no risk.
    6. Six because if any of this is accurate with the infinity squeeze then it may have the potential to shake up finance and the system in a real way, which in my eyes is great, because our current system of doing things is enslavement with extra steps and people don't even get it.

Entry around 100. As for my selling points - it's hard to say. To be clear, in my eyes, this is an extremely calculated gamble due to the very low risk (in my opinion) and very high potential reward (if the squeeze hype is correct, which it appears to be in my eyes). So I won't settle for anything less than 100x. Maybe I'd sell off a few but planning on keeping most until astronomical levels, six, seven figures per share. The way these entities are hedged between each other makes it not unrealistic. This all assumes the squeeze actually happens, which I fully understand I could be wrong about.
    Last edited by waxamillionpehhgasus; 20th May 2022 at 04:27.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waxamillionpehhgasus For This Post:

ClearWater (20th May 2022), DaveToo (20th May 2022), onevoice (20th May 2022), Orph (20th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (21st May 2022)

9. Link to Post #306
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

We're getting very close. Funny how I bought in two months ago but others have been waiting 19 months for events to develop. Big shoutout to everyone who was on the vanguard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to waxamillionpehhgasus For This Post:

onevoice (16th July 2022)

11. Link to Post #307
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

We're getting very close. Funny how I bought in two months ago but others have been waiting 19 months for events to develop. Big shoutout to everyone who was on the vanguard.
    Gamestop's announcement that they will issue 3 stocks as dividends for company stockholders of record at the close of business on July 18, 2022. This will be similar to a stock split, but much better as only people having actual stocks will get the dividends and people and organizations who are shorting the stock will not benefit. This is a huge catalyst for the stock's tailwind. FOMO will add additional fuel to the stock's rise.

12. Link to Post #308
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

FINAL BOARDING CALL FOR THE MOTHER OF ALL SHORT SQUEEZES

https://news.gamestop.com/stock-split/?n

"On July 6, 2022, GameStop announced a 4-for-1 stock split in the form of a stock dividend, effective as of July 21, 2022, for stockholders of record on July 18, 2022. Tax information related to this stock split can be found here.

GameStop Guidance for International Stockholders with Split-Related Questions

GameStop has notified its transfer agent and the Depository Trust Company (“DTC”) that some of our valued stockholders in international geographies are still trying to determine if they have received the proper stock dividend associated with the Company’s recent 4-for-1 stock split. Please note GameStop has already distributed the shares of common stock required for the stock dividend to its transfer agent, which has confirmed it subsequently distributed the appropriate number of shares of common stock to DTC for allocation to brokerage firms and other participants. We recommend that stockholders using a brokerage firm contact that firm with needs or questions. Stockholders may want to make their brokerage firm aware if they recently moved shares to the Company’s direct registered list, as we have been informed this move could impact a firm’s distribution of shares.

As always, we appreciate your investment and enthusiasm. Although we are not able to engage with individual brokerage firms, we are monitoring this situation and will keep you informed of any relevant updates we obtain through our transfer agent or DTC."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst 1 6 16