+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 7 16 LastLast

Thread: This GameStop Short Squeeze is Making History!

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks

Default Re: This GameStop Short Squeeze is Making History!

I found this an interesting take
    sorry cant seem to get it embed
    Its called wallstreet warfare

https://youtu.be/-s9t25utK8U
    Last edited by silverfish; 2nd February 2021 at 13:10.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverfish For This Post:

Jayke (2nd February 2021), Olam (2nd February 2021)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Is it too late to buy GME?
    It bothers me to be on the sidelines..
    Can we still buy?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

iota (3rd February 2021), Jayke (2nd February 2021)

5. Link to Post #123
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,497 times in 4,310 posts

Watching this with interest, but I do wonder: can we be sure some of these Redditors aren't Wall Street stooges, and there is some sort of long con going on? Wouldn't put it past them.

I'm not a gambler, but if I was, I expect I'd be cashing in while the going is good. Maybe Target would say otherwise - I personally don't know enough about the system to know for sure how to play this.

But I do know one thing (for sure). The game's rigged folks, as George Carlin once said.

The house always wins in the end.

I would advise caution, especially if you don't know 100% what you're doing.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Jayke (2nd February 2021), Olam (2nd February 2021)

7. Link to Post #124
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    Can we still buy?
    Olam, you should participate in this ONLY with money you are OK with losing. If you are looking to make money with GME on this play the odds are not in your favor.

The investors on WSB (r/wallstreetbets) are buying and holding for the sole purpose to stick it to the hedge funds. From reading the boards this has not changed a bit, even though the stock has been trending down this week.

If you really want to be a part of this, then no, it's not too late.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Alan (here)
    Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    Can we still buy?
    Olam, you should participate in this ONLY with money you are OK with losing. If you are looking to make money with GME on this play the odds are not in your favor.

The investors on WSB (r/wallstreetbets) are buying and holding for the sole purpose to stick it to the hedge funds. From reading the boards this has not changed a bit, even though the stock has been trending down this week.

If you really want to be a part of this, then no, it's not too late.
    OK thanks for that, in fact, I would love to participate to the rebellion, but I can only buy 2-3 stocks..!....So not much to loose, I think I will buy that doing my part.
    If it shoots to the moon, we all benefit in the end, no matter if it's in a few months.
    thanks

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Quote Posted by silverfish (here)
    I found this an interesting take
    sorry cant seem to get it embed
    Its called wallstreet warfare

https://youtu.be/-s9t25utK8U
    So basically this guy is saying it's all fixed.
    He does have the facts.
    Target, please watch this and report back...!

:-)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Jayke (2nd February 2021), silverfish (2nd February 2021)

13. Link to Post #127
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

So, what exactly caused the stock to fall so much? Did these guys get out without enough squeeze? How low must the stock go to end this?

Apparently the individual stock holders of gamestop only hold 16% of the shares. Seems that isn't high enough. Can't they just make deals with all the big financial institutions?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Hym (2nd February 2021), Jayke (2nd February 2021), TargeT (2nd February 2021)

15. Link to Post #128
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Merkaba360 (here)
    So, what exactly caused the stock to fall so much? Did these guys get out without enough squeeze? How low must the stock go to end this?

Apparently the individual stock holders of gamestop only hold 16% of the shares. Seems that isn't high enough. Can't they just make deals with all the big financial institutions?
    Billionare Mark Cuban just did an AMA on reddit, he had this to say:

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (2nd February 2021), Ben (2nd February 2021), ClearWater (3rd February 2021), Hym (2nd February 2021), iota (3rd February 2021), Ivy23 (2nd February 2021), Jayke (2nd February 2021), Merkaba360 (2nd February 2021), mountain_jim (2nd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

I'll have to look into this more, but that's an interesting development
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (2nd February 2021), iota (3rd February 2021), Ivy23 (2nd February 2021), Merkaba360 (2nd February 2021), mountain_jim (2nd February 2021), onevoice (2nd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021)

19. Link to Post #130
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

Ok, thanks for the info. That is interesting. Although it still doesn't clarify why they need the individuals to sell, who apparently only hold 16% of the shares. Cuz they can't fool/cheat the other big players? If the stock was $200/share and all the individuals sold their 16% of all shares, what would the stock then fall to app Approximately? How low do they need it to go for those clowns to accept losses and get out without major pain? I suppose it depends how long this goes on and their interest payments.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Hym (3rd February 2021), TargeT (2nd February 2021)

21. Link to Post #131
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Funny 2 minute video - Hedge Fund Managers Are Suffering

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Hym (2nd February 2021), iota (2nd February 2021), meat suit (2nd February 2021)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

Haha, so I went thru all the registration process at Questrade, only to be told right at the end that I had to invest $1000,00 dollars minimum.
    I had already filled out that I wanted to invest $200,00....

Oh well, one of these days

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Hym (3rd February 2021)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

They have not covered their shorts as of today... it's still game on with 122% short (insane really.. )

& don't forget, during the VWshort squeeze the stock tanked for 5 days in a row before going hyperbolic.
    Where are you?

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (2nd February 2021), Brigantia (3rd February 2021), Hym (3rd February 2021), iota (2nd February 2021), Ivy23 (2nd February 2021), Merkaba360 (3rd February 2021), onevoice (2nd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021), uzn (2nd February 2021)

27. Link to Post #134
    United States Avalon Member Ivy23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    They have not covered their shorts as of today... it's still game on with 122% short (insane really.. )

& don't forget, during the VWshort squeeze the stock tanked for 5 days in a row before going hyperbolic.

Is this your own Screen shot? I was looking for a date on it. Earlier I read that the info hasn’t been updated since January 15th and then I read that they’re only 39% short as of yesterday. I’m positive they would post misinformation on that though in order to create panic. Just wondered if you know for sure if it’s still 122% short?

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/sho...nuary-20210201

Data via IHS reported on Bloomberg that short interest in GME down to 39% of free-floating shares, from 114% in mid-January

Another data firmS3 Partners shows similar:
    GameStop's short sales now to about 50% of its total stock available to trade, down from a high around 140%

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ivy23 For This Post:

Hym (3rd February 2021), TargeT (2nd February 2021)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ivy23 (here)

Is this your own Screen shot? I was looking for a date on it. Earlier I read that the info hasn’t been updated since January 15th and then I read that they’re only 39% short as of yesterday. I’m positive they would post misinformation on that though in order to create panic. Just wondered if you know for sure if it’s still 122% short?

Data via IHS reported on Bloomberg that short interest in GME down to 39% of free-floating shares, from 114% in mid-January

GameStop's short sales now to about 50% of its total stock available to trade, down from a high around 140%
    after reading more your right, that number is from today but the data is from a while ago, I think the next update is the 29th of feb, I need to pin down that date... anyway that's an old %
    Where are you?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Hym (3rd February 2021), iota (3rd February 2021), Ivy23 (3rd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

Lots of data sources with different numbers... its hard to get a solid feel
    Quote GAMESTOP (NYSE:GME) SHORT INTEREST DATA

Current Short Volume:61,780,000 sharesPrevious Short Volume:71,200,000 sharesChange Vs. Previous Month:-13.23%Dollar Volume Sold Short:$11.96 billionShort Interest Ratio / Days to Cover:2.0Last Record Date:January, 15 2021

Outstanding Shares:102,270,000 sharesPercentage of Shares Shorted:88.58%Today's Trading Volume:71,019,951 sharesAverage Trading Volume:65,577,492 sharesToday's Volume Vs. Average:8.30%

https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NY...hort-interest/
    Where are you?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Hym (3rd February 2021), iota (3rd February 2021), Ivy23 (3rd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021)

33. Link to Post #137
    United States Avalon Member Ivy23's Avatar
    Thanks

after reading more your right, that number is from today but the data is from a while ago, I think the next update is the 29th of feb, I need to pin down that date... anyway that's an old %
    So they could be driving the price down by setting buy limits and suspending trading and with short ladder attacks... could they be closing their shorts while we’re out here not being allowed to buy? I don’t have enough knowledge in the area but is it possible for them to close all the shorts even with a bunch of folks holding? Have you seen any speculation on that?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ivy23 For This Post:

Hym (3rd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021), TargeT (3rd February 2021)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

So they could be driving the price down by setting buy limits and suspending trading and with short ladder attacks... could they be closing their shorts while we’re out here not being allowed to buy? I don’t have enough knowledge in the area but is it possible for them to close all the shorts even with a bunch of folks holding? Have you seen any speculation on that?
    no, because there were many shorts that the price did not fall low enough to cover; I'm reading that short interest is anywhere from 39 - 50%, so still very high... I don't know what the outcome of these ladder attack's will be... I'm holding either way

I'm sure some consolidation has happened, but probably more shorts too... we'll just have to wait for the update unless it goes parabolic before hand... as the price gets lower and liquidity (shares being sold) dries up even more we'll see some wild fluctuations in price... at least that's what I'm expecting for the rest of the week.

Volume levels indicate very bullish... this week will be important, I'm seeing good signs

Most important things that stick out, all of which really build a case that must not be dismissed:

If shorts have covered, we should have noticed reasonable strong upwards momentum, as buying pressure consists of short covering along with retail buying, and a limited float.

Past few days we've seen trading volumes below average, likely suppressed demand caused by broker restrictions on buying. Lower volume can make any dump pull the price down easily. Especially when the demand side is getting locked out. Have to mention the timing of which Robinhood locked buying last week as well, coinciding with a massive dip.

This buy to sell ratio with a supressed price is very interesting as well..... it should have gone UP not down with these types of ratios.... something fishy is going on....

The shorts are running out of ammo, look how less steep the retractions are getting:

the volume yesterday was very very low... liquidity is drying up... their ammo is running out

Last edited by TargeT; 3rd February 2021 at 01:38.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (3rd February 2021), Hym (3rd February 2021), Ivy23 (3rd February 2021), onevoice (3rd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021)

37. Link to Post #139
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

For lot of us, we can plainly see how the stock market has been rigged, especially in the case of the GameStop. So it's not surprising that a class action lawsuit has been filed against the usual suspects:

Short Squeeze Stockbrokers And Hedge Funds Face Proposed Antitrust Class Action

SAN FRANCISCO , Feb. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Joseph Saveri Law Firm filed an antitrust class action lawsuit today on behalf of a class of retail investors in federal court against 35 defendants, including Robinhood, E*TRADE, TD Ameritrade, Melvin Capital, Citadel, Sequoia Capital, and others. The plaintiffs allege that they and other retail investors continue to be injured due to a large, overarching conspiracy among the defendants to stop them from buying stocks in open and fair public securities markets. Plaintiffs contend that the purpose and effect of the scheme was to shield hedge funds, venture capitalists, and institutional investors from massive losses they had exposed themselves to due to their highly speculative short selling strategies. Plaintiffs bring claims under the federal and state antitrust laws as well as other state laws and common law.

The retail investors held shares in twelve companies: GameStop (GME), AMC Theaters (AMC), American Airlines (AAL), Bed, Bath and Beyond (BBBY), Blackberry (BB), Express (EXPR), Koss (KOSS), Naked Brand Group (NAKD), Nokia (NOK), Sundial Growers Inc. (SNDL), Tootsie Roll Industries (TR), and Trivago N.V. (TRVG).

Several large hedge funds and investment firms, including defendants Citadel and Melvin Capital, possessed massive "short" positions in these relevant securities. "Short" sellers borrow shares or other interests in corporate stock, securities, or other assets. In so doing, they bet that prices of the securities will decrease. If the stock prices in fact drop, a short seller buys the stock back at a lower price and returns it to the lender. The difference between the sell price and the buy price is the profit. Short sellers essentially bet on a stock's failure or decline rather than its success or increase.

Retail investors correctly identified that the relevant securities were undervalued. In fact, as the plaintiffs allege, the short positions were over-leveraged as much as 140%, such that institutional investors could not close their positions. These retail investors then began purchasing "long" positions in these companies, driving stock prices upward, resulting in great losses to those invested in short positions.

Short sellers were caught in a classic "short squeeze." When the price of an asset rises, short sellers normally face pressure to buy back stock to exit their short positions and mitigate their losses. Instead, as part of the scheme, hedge funds and others holding short positions publicized the relevant securities as being less valuable than retail investors believed. When retail investors continued to acquire shares and drive prices even higher, hedge funds and others faced potentially disastrous exposure when required to cover their short positions.

On January 28 , many brokerages abruptly and unilaterally restricted retail investors' ability to buy long positions—in some cases removing the option to buy shares of the relevant securities while openly permitting them to sell their existing shares or prohibiting users from viewing the tickers for some or all of the relevant securities. Even those retail investors who had queued orders overnight to purchase stock when the markets opened on January 28 discovered that their purchase orders had been cancelled without their consent.

The coordinated prohibition on buying any new shares of the relevant securities eventually led to a massive sell-off and a steep decline in share prices. While retail investors continued to be prohibited from purchasing securities at the reduced price, institutional investors were permitted to buy securities at the artificially reduced price, closing their short positions.

"Rather than use their financial acumen to compete and invest in good opportunities in the market to recoup the losses in their short positions, or paying the price for their highly speculative bad bets, these defendants instead hatched an anticompetitive scheme to limit trading in the relevant securities," says Joseph Saveri , counsel for the plaintiff retail investors. "It is unlikely that such a widespread ban among brokerages would have been achievable without a concerted effort in violation of antitrust laws."

Plaintiffs seek to recover damages, as well as injunctive relief, on behalf of themselves and the proposed class, from the defendants. The case is Cheng, et al. v. Ally Financial Inc. et. al., case number 21-cv-00781, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California .

https://saverilawfirm.com/our-cases/...st-litigation/

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Brigantia (3rd February 2021), fifi (3rd February 2021), Hym (3rd February 2021), iota (3rd February 2021)

39. Link to Post #140
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

after reading more your right, that number is from today but the data is from a while ago, I think the next update is the
    29th of feb, I need to pin down that date... anyway that's an old %
    no 29th of feb this year Target ...

getting "shorted" AGAIN ..

i won't have another bday til 2024
    We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

TargeT (3rd February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 7 16 LastLast