+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 8 16 LastLast

Thread: This GameStop Short Squeeze is Making History!

1. Link to Post #141
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Default Re: This GameStop Short Squeeze is Making History!

Quote Posted by iota (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    after reading more your right, that number is from today but the data is from a while ago, I think the next update is the
    29th of feb, I need to pin down that date... anyway that's an old %
    no 29th of feb this year Target ...

getting "shorted" AGAIN ..

i won't have another bday til 2024

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Olam For This Post:

iota (3rd February 2021)

3. Link to Post #142
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Contrary to the media... its being held and bought still, massively....

up 30% today (after going down65%+... lol_) so far, doubt this is the squeeze though, it's the premarket insanity....

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (3rd February 2021), Brigantia (3rd February 2021), Hym (3rd February 2021), Ivy23 (3rd February 2021), justntime2learn (3rd February 2021), onevoice (3rd February 2021), palehorse (4th February 2021), selinam (3rd February 2021), Sunray (3rd February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #143
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

CNN rides to the rescue of hedge fund managers by lying to investors about precious metals. The mainstream media lying is becoming painfully clear to millions of millennials.

Last edited by rgray222; 3rd February 2021 at 15:57.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Alan (3rd February 2021), Brigantia (3rd February 2021), Ernie Nemeth (3rd February 2021), Hym (4th February 2021), justntime2learn (3rd February 2021), mountain_jim (3rd February 2021), palehorse (4th February 2021), selinam (3rd February 2021), TargeT (3rd February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #144
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 times in 685 posts

While no doubt young rebels did the GME thing, it almost looks like some big players like Elon Musk and Bezos where deeply into it.
    With control of the MSM, it is easy to roll this off unto young rebels.
    (just a thought)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

mountain_jim (3rd February 2021), palehorse (4th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (14th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #145
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

Can't wait to see the judges pull a "2020 election" and dismiss all the cases cuz uh yea some complicated procedural excuse. lol

I guess that could be good too. That could wake up a lot of people who believed in the courts during the elections and then realize that was a judicial farce as well.

I need to remind myself that its not bad if they are forced to pull off more and more absurd shenanigans. Each time wakes up millions

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (3rd February 2021), Hym (4th February 2021), iota (4th February 2021), Ivy23 (3rd February 2021), mountain_jim (3rd February 2021), palehorse (4th February 2021), TargeT (3rd February 2021)

11. Link to Post #146
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Today, I found an excellent post by a very intelligent reddit poster which explains very well what has been happening to the GameStop stock to date. I thought there was a very good chance that the stock close significantly higher today than it did. The following posting on reddit connects the dots of why this stock behaved today as it did. I currently have some shares of GME (average value of 183/share), so I'm very bullish on this stock, despite current paper loss of around 50%. He is bullish on GameStop and explains his stance:

Quote GME short squeeze what comes next part 2
    Ticker Discussion
    Hello all,

I wanted to post last night as many of you commenters have asked for however my building lost power and it was absolutely awful. I am currently a refuge and my ladies house and wanted to get this out to the world.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, but more importantly this is all simply speculation. If anyone wants to make counter claims they are more than welcome but word of advice to all readers. If anyone is claiming that they know exactly what is going to happen...they are lying. There simply isn't enough current data to push this either direction. I am a bull, big time and I would like to explain why.

First let's talk about yesterday

There are a lot of claims of short ladder attacks and the counter-claim is that it was MM's moving the price down. One thing appears certain, there is some sort of manipulation happening in an attempt to drive the price down. Whether this is MM's, HF's, or simply retail shorts and bears; there are a strange number of exchanges happening in a clear effort to lower the price. You can check out the real time quotes here.

Another large thought about why the price should have gone up yesterday was because of the options thats expired Friday 1/29 ITM. The rule is T+2 meaning these individuals have two business days to cover. Well, we expected a surge of these individuals covering and it simply never came. Everyone was glued to the screen Friday ATH waiting to see the spike of covering...but it never happened. Monday again...never happened. Tuesday...oh boy this is their last day they have to cover! Yet...they didn't. So what does this mean? Well, I see two possibilities.
    1. They somehow timed it perfectly and covered throughout the dips and spikes
    2. They haven't covered yet

I'm in the camp of number 2 hence why I am a bull. If they didn't cover that results in a Failure to Deliver which you can learn about here. So what does this mean for us? Well, that would explain the tremendous price drop as FTD's create "phantom shares" a problem GME is already facing. This will dilute the price tremendously and the amount of FTD's that probably occurred would greatly dilute the price. "With forward contracts, a party with a short position's failure to deliver can cause significant problems for the party with the long position. This difficulty happens because these contracts often involve substantial volumes of assets that are pertinent to the long position's business operations." From the earlier mentioned website regarding FTD's.

Now this is truly fascinating. The 2008 crisis was largely in part due to a mass number of FTD's. In fact, FTD's sometime intentionally happen...just to drive the price down for FUD so they can then cover at a better price.

So if this is correct, what happens next? Well, either you can read about it here. Simply put, the individual has to close out the positions after 13 consecutive settlement days of FTD. So all this logic about T+2 was actually just the logic to begin the FTD countdown, if it hasn't already started at the beginning of this.

Now, I'm not saying "nobody sold" of course people did. But volume is key and the interest in buying outweighed the interest in selling 3-1 Monday and Tuesday. Of course trades are 1-1 but interest was on the buyer side.

Obviously, I don't even need to mention it but restricted trading really is what screwed this thing to begin with. My opinion? It wasn't to prevent a massive short squeeze, it was to buy them time.

Today

So why the hell did it spike this morning? Two reasons.
    1. RH still has 100 shares limit on GME, now for those who don't realize, that doesn't mean that is 100 shares per day. No no. The restriction is you can own up to 100 shares of GME. If you already own over 100 shares that's fine, but anyone with less than 100 shares can only add up to that amount. This restriction has not changed and other companies such as Revolut are still imposing a 100% trading restriction on GME. So what did RH offer today? The ability to purchase fractional shares, which doesn't help a whole lot but the fact that buying pressure accelerated at the notion of fractional shares shows that there is still an immense amount of buyers out there.
    2. GameStop adds new CTO to the roster, an ex AWS lead engineer. They added other executive positions as well. This further cements the change the company is taking.

Now, before I get into the rest I want to address something: the fundamentals.

There is a disturbing echo chamber around the idea that GameStop is a dying brick and mortar retailer and there is no chance at survival. That is simply not the case. I don't want to do a full GME DD here because this is about the second incoming squeeze. However, let me put it to you this way:

If you were told that a new company was IPO'ing and it was coming to the market with an infrastructure, new talented team, 50 million customers and their plan was to become an e-commerce company to compete with Amazon; their plans for the physical locations was to be game-centric, a place for e-sports to compete, desktop building kiosks, and the newest systems and physical copies of games for those who still love having a physical copy. Not just that, but this company already has revenue share deals with Microsoft and other bigwig companies.

Knowing all that information would you be interested in this company? My answer is an easy yes. The thing with digital transformation and companies changing direction is people get so lost in what the company used to be they can't see what the company is planning on becoming. If this was a brand new company that Ryan Cohen was leading with the same exact model people would be all over the concept.

Enough of that. Let's talking about what is still going on today which is truly fascinating.

So the good news created a large uptick follow by a combination of people escaping with whatever gains they could salvage and some more clear manipulation regardless of the source. But then what? Well, after the bounce down a lot of people saw this as a fantastic buying opportunity which made it recover quickly...but then something interesting started happening. It started uptrending. Slowly. Steadily. Uptrending. Lower lows, higher highs; no sight more beautiful.

My interpretation? We found the bottom of the bears attack. The news has been consistently saying the squeeze is over but one and at time they are saying their might be a second surge and their reasoning is if retailors see this price drop as a buying opportunity instead of red flags, it will surely send the price up. The logic there is simple: if people are buying stock it goes up, if people are selling, it goes down.

So today is pure magic. It doesn't need to be a wild swing up to be promising. What it needs to be is slow, consistent buying pressure even during restricted trading.

But all the shorts covered! Simply not true. That is a fact. All we know is what people are telling us. Melvin says they covered. It will be the third time they have claimed that. Do I think they covered? Yes, I do. Does that matter? No. Now even if Melvin and others covered and the S3 figures are right that means the guess right now is that this stock is still 57% short. Based on their Twitter this isn't including newly opened positions which anyone in their right mind would certainly open a short position when it was 3-400. They thought this bubble would pop and they would make a quick buck. They saw it get down to $85 and started celebrating...but it starting climbing...uh oh.

Truth is, no one will know the real numbers until the 9th. I think it's a little too much tin foil hat to says those numbers will be misconstrued but what we have witnessed over the past few days...it's possible.

So let's talk about who is currently holding GameStop. Well, a **** ton of degenerates that have lost millions of dollars and seemingly don't give a ****. They are here out of principle, truth be told, so am I. I absolutely refuse to give any shares to the shorts after the crap they pulled last week. So we have a ton of bag holders refusing to sell and a ton of people wondering if now is the time to get in for a potential epic second short squeeze. No one is going to sell at these levels. Some people here and there but it simply isn't worth it, not with so much potential for a second squeeze.

So when will this second squeeze happen?

If the newest shorts are smart, it already begun. If I took up a short position and saw this start climbing again after everything it has been through, you better believe I would be covering now while I have profits. Not all of them are going to do this, which is why as the price gradually rises the potential for a larger and larger squeeze is exponential. There is no telling when it will happen. It could be a slow climb for the next couple of weeks before it pops. The 9th will be a huge indicator of what is to come, if that has anywhere above 50% short interest you better believe everyone is going to hop right back into it. It could happen as early as this week. It could be post earnings when Papa Cohen tells us his majestic plans during ER. It could be that ER will actually be fantastic on 03/05 because it will have the console cycle numbers. Look at GME charts in the past, the console cycle always makes the stock pop and with all this attention that very well could be the catalyst.

In summary

I wanted to do deeper analysis for you all but I knew some of you were really looking forward to the next post and my thoughts regarding the situation so I wanted to get something out there. In my opinion, a second surge, a second squeeze is bound to happen. This is a buying opportunity for those who missed the first one and I think the market and stock price is reflecting that sentiment.

Positions:
    1100 GME @ $16 closed
    500 GME @ $20 closed
    50 GME @ $120 open
    236 GME @ $250 open

TL;DR: I have yet to see any indication or good thesis to explain why the short squeeze would be over. Even if Melvin covered and even if S3 numbers are correct at a 57% short, these are indicators of another squeeze, potentially even more epic. The bleeding days of red on Monday and Tuesday I personally think was a combination of panic selling when premarket and ATH didn't blow up due to the ITM calls and phantom shares being created due to consistent FTD's diluting the share price. I do think these FTD's were intentional and what many are perceiving as a short ladder attack is in fact the creation and purchasing of phantom shares driving the price down. If you are a bagholder, I think it wise to hold, if you have already closed your position I would consider what we are witnessing as another buying opportunity.

Final disclaimer. I have already made a significant sum of money on this GME play. This post is not a hope that you will come rescue me from my bagholding status. The money I put back in was money I was willing to lose and I came back in out of principle to stick it to the man. Good luck everyone and be grateful to be alive during this time, this will go down in financial history quite possibly forever. Retail investors have more power than we think.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Alan (4th February 2021), Ben (5th February 2021), Brigantia (4th February 2021), DaveToo (4th February 2021), Hym (4th February 2021), palehorse (4th February 2021), TargeT (4th February 2021)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

there is so much reliance..... I love what is happening.... i;m very supportive of this

I committed a large amount to this "ware house" because I believe .. I feel like this is the most important think we can do... so I;ll m all in!
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (4th February 2021), Anchor (4th February 2021), Ben (5th February 2021), Brigantia (4th February 2021), Hym (4th February 2021), iota (4th February 2021), onevoice (4th February 2021), palehorse (4th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (14th February 2021)

15. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

~40mil volume yesterday.... that's about half of tuesday.....

they are running out of ammo... no one is selling...haha, this is awesome

short interest is currently estimated at 226.42%........(still based off old data, new data feb 9th)
    Last edited by TargeT; 4th February 2021 at 12:52.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Brigantia (4th February 2021), Hym (5th February 2021), onevoice (4th February 2021), rgray222 (4th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

17. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

The hedge funds are viciously attacking the GME stock today. I have been monitoring the real time trades from Nasdaq and I saw numerous trades of exactly 141 shares happening time and time again. I think they are trying to fly under the radar and trying to make it look like a normal investor selling.
    Last edited by onevoice; 4th February 2021 at 18:52.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Hym (5th February 2021), TargeT (4th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

19. Link to Post #150
    Thanks

they can shove it lower... it will just launch harder

the VW squeeze was led by 5 days of red like this before taking off.... if nothing else this stock is due for a "dead cat bounce" which is being suppressed also... there should be an uptick with stock prices this low..

nothing is tracking normal patterns... I'm down 103,000 still holding
    Where are you?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Hym (5th February 2021), meat suit (4th February 2021), onevoice (4th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

21. Link to Post #151
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    The hedge funds are viciously attacking the GME stock today. I have been monitoring the real time trades from Nasdaq and I saw numerous trades of exactly 141 shares happening time and time again. I think they are trying to fly under the radar and trying to make it look like a normal investor selling.
    Isn't $65/hare low enough for them to exit and take losses but not astronomical? Or is it somehow still massively going to kill them since they had to drive it down themselves in a kind of illusion. Or are they greedy and cocky thinking they can beat the peon imbeciles? lol

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Hym (5th February 2021), onevoice (4th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

23. Link to Post #152
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Merkaba360 (here)
    Isn't $65/hare low enough for them to exit and take losses but not astronomical? Or is it somehow still massively going to kill them since they had to drive it down themselves in a kind of illusion. Or are they greedy and cocky thinking they can beat the peon imbeciles? lol
    yes, but they have to start buying shares.... prices go up when shares arebought

that's the whole trick of this thing... last data set says there are over 100% (around 140%) of shares shorted... the volume to correct that would be huge... we've seen declining volume so it hasn't happened yet.
    Where are you?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

gord (4th February 2021), Hym (5th February 2021), onevoice (4th February 2021)

25. Link to Post #153
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 times in 685 posts

What we are all watching is one of the most captivating and convincing global psyops ever.

The only way to correctly understand what is happening today is to properly comprehend the critical history of this fastidiously engineered collapse-in-progress. See: The Empire of “The City” — Three City States: London, Vatican, District of Columbia (Video)

But if anyone really wants to apprehend the central plot of this multi-century conspiracy, they must know who the extremely deceptive and clandestine perpetrators are.

Of course, there is the criminal Central Banking Cartel as well as the International Banking Crime Syndicate. There are also the Rothschild and Rockefeller Crime Families as well as the other Illuminati Families who have reigned supreme over humanity for centuries. There are also the secretive power groups like the Committee of 300, Bilderbergers, Trilateral Commission, Club of Rome along with the Council on Foreign Relations.

more at
    https://www.sgtreport.com/2021/02/gl...od-on-purpose/

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Hym (5th February 2021), TargeT (5th February 2021)

27. Link to Post #154
    Thanks

If you watch "the big short" you'll see a lot of similar actions....

Short interest report comes out the 9th, that will be an inflection point
    Where are you?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

gord (5th February 2021), Hym (5th February 2021), Olam (5th February 2021)

29. Link to Post #155
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

None of this makes sense to me.
    When the Hedge funds were exposed last week the price was ~$300.
    They had to buy back their shares to close out their positions. They really had no other choice.
    If they weren't crooked and the firms that were doing the trading weren't crooked, then we would have seen the stock take off in an upward direction.

But that didn't happen. Instead the stock started to go down big time!
    Well when you are trying to close out huge short positions it's impossible to do
    that and see the price of the stock go down!

The game plan for the GME reddit crowd was to HOLD! Hold big time until this thing really took off.
    Sure the Hedge funds could have tried to test the nerves of the reddit crowd by pushing the stock down
    (with other long stock reserves they had). But that could only have been a limited strategy and surely the reddit crowd wouldn't have been tricked so easily and sell so quickly.

So this downward tumble in price has got to be some back room deals that have been cooked up between the Hedge fund managers and the brokerage houses. There are virtually an unlimited number of ways they can manipulate
    the stock price if they want to be creative and no one is regulating their moves.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (5th February 2021), Hym (5th February 2021), meat suit (5th February 2021), Olam (5th February 2021), onevoice (5th February 2021), TargeT (5th February 2021)

31. Link to Post #156
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    None of this makes sense to me.

So this downward tumble in price has got to be some back room deals that have been cooked up between the Hedge fund managers and the brokerage houses. There are virtually an unlimited number of ways they can manipulate
    the stock price if they want to be creative and no one is regulating their moves.
    the matrix is real... we don't really understand the financial system... we only know what we are told (not reality).

This is a very serious interview... listen to what this man says... the "red scare" never went away.....

In general the drop in price paired with lower volume indicates "short ladder" attacks, where hedge funds sell in blocks of 100 to each other rapidly for low prices,,, this paired with low volume = artificial price suppression.
    Last edited by TargeT; 5th February 2021 at 04:00.
    Where are you?

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DaveToo (5th February 2021), Hym (5th February 2021), Olam (5th February 2021), onevoice (5th February 2021), Sunray (5th February 2021)

33. Link to Post #157
    Thailand Avalon Member Iancorgi's Avatar
    Thanks

I am completely out of my element here so no matter how many great posts from my fellow avalonians I was reading I still had a bucket load of unanswered questions racing through my head.

Thankfully all my questions have been answered by this very informative video:

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

Anchor (6th February 2021), Ben (11th February 2021), fifi (6th February 2021), Hym (5th February 2021), LifeAngel (5th February 2021), meat suit (5th February 2021), Olam (5th February 2021), onevoice (5th February 2021), TargeT (6th February 2021)

35. Link to Post #158
    Thanks

Good video showing why the price is not doing what we anticipated...

We had a 50% gain today for a while... still very volatile and a LOT of short latter attacks....

pretty good break down on why this is very much still "a thing".... positions haven't been covered.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Anchor (6th February 2021), onevoice (6th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

37. Link to Post #159
    Thanks

Reality is crashing..... they all knew it was, they are just too embarrassed to see it through to their own deserved failure.

Full disclosure, I'm down about 100k at this point, but I don't even think "it" has begun yet.... this Tuesday will be very telling, I've already seen the volume discrepancies...

at this point I'm surprised that 3 days red in the market caused such an uproar... wtf are the diamond hands??
    Though at the same time............. why does the MSM seem to need to incessantly tell us "it's over"?... I mean, if it were... this would be a non story, eh? (propaganda 101)
    I GOT EM!
    Last edited by TargeT; 6th February 2021 at 08:11.
    Where are you?

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (7th February 2021), Bluegreen (6th February 2021), ClearWater (11th February 2021), gord (6th February 2021), iota (6th February 2021), Ivy23 (6th February 2021), onevoice (6th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (7th February 2021)

39. Link to Post #160
    Thanks

Just an FYI.... this is FAR from over....

The move now is to kick the can down the road so attention will drift else where.... but they do not apparently know what WALLSTREETBETS is... haha

Shorts NOT covered, tricks used RIGHT before reporting deadline to make it seem so:

This from a data scientist, the math really doesn't lie..... I still highly suggest this stock if you are not looking for "quick money"... you WILL make money, but the timeline currently requires a strong catalyst (FEB 18 : congressional testimony on the GME situation...... Late March Q4 Earnings report... these two things are going to be very influential)

No real change happens in a week or 2.... This is still on going and honestly... just beginning.

I have averaged my position down a bit, I'm now at 802 @ $192

This is money I made off tesla, not rent money or bill money... I don't want to loose it but I can (make sure you never invest more than you are comfortable with loosing).

this is all my opinion, I am not a financial advisor.. do your own research.

We apparently CAN be retarded longer than they can be solvent.

Quote 60.7 million shares short in total through February 9th by my estimates, representing 129% of float presently.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb..._stock_in_the/

Funny. a forum with 8.9 MILLION members can do some AMAZING research (you do have to filter through a lot of garbage as well)

Another excellent resource:

https://www.gmedd.com/
    Last edited by TargeT; 11th February 2021 at 06:28.
    Where are you?

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (11th February 2021), Ben (11th February 2021), ClearWater (11th February 2021), gord (11th February 2021), Jayke (11th February 2021), JohanB (11th February 2021), onevoice (11th February 2021), wegge (11th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 8 16 LastLast