+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What in the world is this? Anyone see this before? I found this today on telegram

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,718 times in 2,088 posts

Default What in the world is this? Anyone see this before? I found this today on telegram

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 31st January 2021 at 20:33. Reason: embedded the video

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Ben (31st January 2021), Bluegreen (1st February 2021), Constance (31st January 2021), cursichella1 (2nd February 2021), Iyakum (2nd February 2021), Journeyman (1st February 2021), Matthew (31st January 2021), palehorse (1st February 2021), Peter UK (31st January 2021), silverfish (1st February 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: What in the world is this? Anyone see this before? I found this today on telegram

Some rocket launch ... SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket just launched yesterday -- this is likely it.

To further explain - rockets usually have multiple stages and booster engines that separate and fly off to lessen the weight after most of their fuel is spent. What is being shown here is this - the main rocket continues to fly off on the left after separating from the booster, and the booster flies off to the right. The spirals are created as the rocket engine tries to reorient its position.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st February 2021 at 02:41.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ben (31st January 2021), Bluegreen (1st February 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), Elainie (31st January 2021), gord (31st January 2021), Iyakum (2nd February 2021), Matthew (31st January 2021), palehorse (1st February 2021), Peter UK (31st January 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

Default Re: What in the world is this? Anyone see this before? I found this today on telegram

That is bizarre!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Post:

Ben (31st January 2021), Peter UK (31st January 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 times in 207 posts

Looks like the same thing that happened in Norway (i believe) a few years ago.
    There are videos of that event too.
    If i remember correctly, it was a rocket.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dick For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), Iyakum (2nd February 2021), palehorse (1st February 2021), Peter UK (31st January 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 times in 441 posts

I suppose that within the scope of the day to day paradigm in which we live, it is natural to attribute this phenomenon to a "rocket" but nothing about it really looks like that. The latest spacex launch was On Sunday, January 24 at 10:00 a.m. EST and not at night time.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Peter UK (2nd February 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

I guess "they" wouldn't do anything secretly right?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Peter UK (2nd February 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Andre (here)
    I suppose that within the scope of the day to day paradigm in which we live, it is natural to attribute this phenomenon to a "rocket" but nothing about it really looks like that. The latest spacex launch was On Sunday, January 24 at 10:00 a.m. EST and not at night time.
    There was another post not long ago - I tried to find it, but couldn't, that was footage that looked similar to this - a night time strange looking ariel phenomenon ... with big gas plumes, etc. I found some footage of the official rocket launch and it became quite clear that the night time phenomenon was the rocket in question.

You say that it looks nothing like a rocket launching, with the booster section separating, and flying off with the engine trying to re-calibrate direction, but I am wondering how many rocket launches have you seen?

Here is an older video of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, launch. Go to 3:00 to watch the stage separation .. watch the rocket continue off to the left and the booster fly off to the right ... looks pretty much exactly the same as what is in the OP video.

It is a rocket ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st February 2021 at 00:34.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), Intranuclear (1st February 2021), Iyakum (2nd February 2021), Nick Matkin (3rd February 2021), Peter UK (2nd February 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

I believe it is a rocket, at least it behaves like so.
    Not first time I watched a video like this, youtube has more check this out

--
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), Dick (1st February 2021), Peter UK (2nd February 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 times in 441 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    There was another post not long ago - I tried to find it, but couldn't, that was footage that looked similar to this - a night time strange looking ariel phenomenon ... with big gas plumes, etc. I found some footage of the official rocket launch and it became quite clear that the night time phenomenon was the rocket in question. You say that it looks nothing like a rocket launching, with the booster section separating, and flying off with the engine trying to re-calibrate direction, but I am wondering how many rocket launches have you seen? Here is an older video of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, launch. Go to 3:00 to watch the stage separation .. watch the rocket continue off to the left and the booster fly off to the right ... looks pretty much exactly the same as what is in the OP video.
    I haven't seen any rocket launches but in the YouTube comments for this video one person said they live at Cape Canaveral and have never seen a rocket launch like this. How do we explain the difference in a day time launch and a night time video recording?
    Last edited by Andre; 1st February 2021 at 22:25.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), DeDukshyn (2nd February 2021), Peter UK (2nd February 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Intranuclear's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 times in 360 posts

If you look at the video that DeDukshyn posted, around the time 3:27 you will see that the booster having separated from the second stage is doing pulse burns to orient itself for its return and landing. It punched liquid nitrogen (not fuel) to do these maneuvers prior to re-entry burns to slow itself. What you are seeing then is the frozen nitrogen being expelled from the many side thrusters. The video beatifully shows the spirals that you would see from a different angle/location.
    Since the Falcon9 is pretty much the only re-usable rocket (there are others now), it is understandable that people are seeing things that rockets in previous decades have not demonstrated.

An advanced craft or even a secret craft would do its very best not to attract attention to itself unnecessarily.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Intranuclear For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), DeDukshyn (1st February 2021), palehorse (2nd February 2021), Peter UK (2nd February 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quite a good short video about this weird phenomenon. (Yes, rockets )

(This video was made in Oct 2018)

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), DeDukshyn (1st February 2021), Iyakum (2nd February 2021), kudzy (2nd February 2021), palehorse (2nd February 2021), Peter UK (2nd February 2021), Yoda (2nd February 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    There was another post not long ago - I tried to find it, but couldn't, that was footage that looked similar to this - a night time strange looking ariel phenomenon ... with big gas plumes, etc. I found some footage of the official rocket launch and it became quite clear that the night time phenomenon was the rocket in question. You say that it looks nothing like a rocket launching, with the booster section separating, and flying off with the engine trying to re-calibrate direction, but I am wondering how many rocket launches have you seen? Here is an older video of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, launch. Go to 3:00 to watch the stage separation .. watch the rocket continue off to the left and the booster fly off to the right ... looks pretty much exactly the same as what is in the OP video.
    I haven't seen any rocket launches but in the YouTube comments for this video one person said they live at Cape Canaveral and have never seen a rocket launch like this. How do we explain the difference in a day time launch and a night time video recording?
    First let's explain how the SpaceX rocket launch I posted, that looked extremely similar (did you even wtch it? Watch from 3:10 onward to the end), including the separation of the two parts, the giant gas plumes erupting at that particular moment in time, and the smaller spiral shaped plumes being emitted from the part on the right while the other part continues on up to the left, that exactly coincide with the engineered expectation of exactly how that specific rocket should perform, is not the same thing.

If we can do that, then let's move on then to exploring what else the video in the OP might be. I said it was "likely" that spaceX launch - not for certain - there is no timestamp, no location description or any accompanying info on that video - as far as we know, it may be the exact same footage I posted from 2017 but just from a different angle.

One thing is quite certain, it is a rocket, and most likely a SpaceX Falcon 9.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st February 2021 at 23:35.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (2nd February 2021), palehorse (2nd February 2021), Peter UK (2nd February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread