+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear Diary, I woke up, I'm alive, everything is well :)

1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

Default Dear Diary, I woke up, I'm alive, everything is well :)

I always heard about people giving thanks for living another day, when getting home and preparing to go sleep, they may pray and have their "go to sleep ritual" giving thanks for a full day and being able to make it home

For me, it is the other way around, i give thanks to wake up again in the morning, feeling well and happy to still be alive and ready to have another day

At night once having dinner, the day may have been terrible, or awesome, it doesn't matter. I just focus on sleeping well and not think of anything that happened before, it doesn't matter at all, because if i were to not wake up, what does it matter what happened the previous day?

When i wake up, i see the light coming through the window and then i think "Yes, another day to live!"

That's all that matters to me

How do you feel when waking up? Is it more exiting to have another full day ahead, or to have completed a full day and look into it at night hoping the next day will be equal or better?

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Alecs (7th February 2021), aoibhghaire (6th February 2021), Ben (8th February 2021), Bill Ryan (6th February 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (7th February 2021), Chris Gilbert (6th February 2021), Constance (6th February 2021), DeDukshyn (6th February 2021), Ernie Nemeth (6th February 2021), Forest Denizen (7th February 2021), Franny (6th February 2021), gord (6th February 2021), Gracy (6th February 2021), Harmony (6th February 2021), Hym (6th February 2021), Ioneo (7th February 2021), Jayke (6th February 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (6th February 2021), Kryztian (6th February 2021), Mark (7th February 2021), Mercedes (6th February 2021), Mike (6th February 2021), Open Minded Dude (6th February 2021), palehorse (6th February 2021), RunningDeer (6th February 2021), Stephanie (7th February 2021), Strat (6th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th February 2021), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2021), Suzi E (6th February 2021), Tintin (6th February 2021), toppy (6th February 2021), Vangelo (7th February 2021), wegge (6th February 2021), Wind (6th February 2021), wondering (6th February 2021), yelik (6th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Dear Diary, I woke up, I'm alive, everything is well :)

Welcome back, Mashika.

I jump out of bed with gratitude and joy. I’m aware of it throughout the day and going off to sleep.

I love the freedom I have to do the things that are important to me. I’m grateful for walking away from the clock world in 2004. I live a richer life that most are unable to see because they use a different barometer for success.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alecs (7th February 2021), Ben (8th February 2021), Bill Ryan (7th February 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (7th February 2021), DeDukshyn (6th February 2021), Forest Denizen (7th February 2021), Franny (6th February 2021), Gracy (7th February 2021), Harmony (7th February 2021), Hym (6th February 2021), Mashika (7th February 2021), Stephanie (7th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (6th February 2021), Wind (6th February 2021), wondering (6th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Welcome back Mashika!

I see it as sort of a microcosm of the reincarnation process. Waking up all ready for a brand new day being similar to the latest birth, and being tired and ready for bed, similar to when the energy for the latest lifetime has run it's course.

We'll black out here for a little while, get some much needed rest, and do it again tomorrow. As above so below.

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

I always tend to have a fresh perspective when I awaken. I seem to dream solutions to problems and comfort to strife, and when I awaken, I feel as though my dreams have allowed me to to have a whole different take on whatever issues I may have been facing the previous day.

It has started happening so strongly and consistently that quite often now when I face some crap in a day, I just ignore it rather than getting emotional or trying to deal with it (if possible), and just say, "after a good sleep, I'll be ready for this". And it almost always is true ...

And welcome back, of course.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ben (8th February 2021), Bill Ryan (7th February 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (7th February 2021), Forest Denizen (7th February 2021), Gracy (7th February 2021), Harmony (7th February 2021), Hym (6th February 2021), Mashika (7th February 2021), RunningDeer (6th February 2021), Stephanie (7th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th February 2021), Wind (6th February 2021), wondering (6th February 2021)

8. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,334 times in 635 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    How do you feel when waking up? Is it more exiting to have another full day ahead, or to have completed a full day and look into it at night hoping the next day will be equal or better?
    Depends. Mostly on the time of day I get up and if it is forced (work, appointment, feeling unwell, insomnia, etc.) or just sleeping long and get up when I want to. I love breakfast. Can't even say why but I always look forward to it. So yes, normally I am in a good mood when I just got up.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Ben (8th February 2021), Bill Ryan (7th February 2021), Forest Denizen (7th February 2021), Gracy (7th February 2021), Harmony (7th February 2021), Hym (8th February 2021), Mashika (7th February 2021), RunningDeer (6th February 2021), Stephanie (7th February 2021)

10. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Welcome back, Mashika.

I jump out of bed with gratitude and joy. I’m aware of it throughout the day and going off to sleep.

I love the freedom I have to do the things that are important to me. I’m grateful for walking away from the clock world in 2004. I live a richer life that most are unable to see because they use a different barometer for success.

I believe i understand this, it's beautiful to be free from clocks and such, and you do your own thing when you feel or know to do it, everything else is not important. That's beautiful in a way that i think most people rushing to their jobs may not understand, not their own fault, but because they forgot how it was before :/

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Welcome back Mashika!

I see it as sort of a microcosm of the reincarnation process. Waking up all ready for a brand new day being similar to the latest birth, and being tired and ready for bed, similar to when the energy for the latest lifetime has run it's course.

We'll black out here for a little while, get some much needed rest, and do it again tomorrow. As above so below.
    Thank you so much, i never thought about this way before! Now it makes so much sense, "As above so below" yes

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ben (8th February 2021), Bill Ryan (7th February 2021), Forest Denizen (7th February 2021), Gracy (7th February 2021), Hym (8th February 2021), RunningDeer (7th February 2021), Stephanie (7th February 2021)

12. Link to Post #7
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I always tend to have a fresh perspective when I awaken. I seem to dream solutions to problems and comfort to strife, and when I awaken, I feel as though my dreams have allowed me to to have a whole different take on whatever issues I may have been facing the previous day.

It has started happening so strongly and consistently that quite often now when I face some crap in a day, I just ignore it rather than getting emotional or trying to deal with it (if possible), and just say, "after a good sleep, I'll be ready for this". And it almost always is true ...

And welcome back, of course.
    Once, couple years or so ago, i had this terrible problem with work i could not figure out, for 2/3 days i kept going at it and no luck, then i decided to completely ignore it, went to eat lunch with friends, then to the movies, then home and took a shower and had dinner then went to sleep

Then at around 2 am i had this dream that i was working on that exact same problem, and i had the solution! I woke up, went to my laptop and typed all i could remember, then went back to sleep. In morning woke up, went to check and there it was, made a couple corrections and everything worked! LMAO

Yep :D

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Open Minded Dude (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Depends. Mostly on the time of day I get up and if it is forced (work, appointment, feeling unwell, insomnia, etc.) or just sleeping long and get up when I want to. I love breakfast. Can't even say why but I always look forward to it. So yes, normally I am in a good mood when I just got up.
    Feeling unwell, insomnia are probably the worst things when you start seeing the light of day coming through the window :////

But a nice breakfast, for sure makes you feel happy and alive <3

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ben (8th February 2021), Bill Ryan (7th February 2021), DeDukshyn (7th February 2021), Forest Denizen (7th February 2021), Gracy (7th February 2021), Hym (8th February 2021), RunningDeer (7th February 2021), Stephanie (7th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread