+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B.I.C.S. Competition (Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies)

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,427 times in 622 posts

Default B.I.C.S. Competition (Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies)

http://bigelowinstitute.org/

APPLICATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 28, 2021
    BICS ESSAY COMPETITION
    Best Evidence for Afterlife
    Essays will be judged by five renowned experts.

Essays must be received by 5 p.m. PST August 1, 2021.

Winners will be announced November 1, 2021.

WINNING

ESSAY
    $500,000
    2ND Place
    $300,000
    3RD Place
    $150,000

The purpose of the BICS essay awards is to raise the public awareness for the Survival of Human Consciousness topic and to stimulate research. The goal of the essay contest is to award contestants for writing papers that summarize the best evidence available for the survival of human consciousness after permanent bodily death.

BICS intention is to provide a public service by:
    1. Creating and implementing the essay contest
    2. Publishing responsible information to the widest audience possible and, if all goes well, proceed to a possible second contest
    3. BICS envisions the essays focus to be on scientific evidence as well as objective and subjective supported documentation as gathered
    From special cases, including older cases, from very credible witnesses
    From photographic or electronic data
    From all available literature
    From highly validated and authenticated human experiences
    From other relevant sources
    BICS has assembled a competent board of directors with deep experience in the topic to provide advice on the strategic direction and priorities of the Institute. The board of directors are: acclaimed journalist and author Leslie Kean, forensic neurologist Christopher C. Green MD PhD, theoretical physicist Harold Puthoff PhD, Brian Weiss MD who has lectured worldwide on survival of consciousness and associated topics, Rice University Professor of Philosophy and Religious Thought Jeffrey Kripal PhD, University of California Irvine Professor of Statistics Jessica Utts PhD, Anomalies Researcher and BICS Founder Robert T. Bigelow and Molecular Biologist and Anomalies Researcher Colm A. Kelleher PhD.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to boja For This Post:

aoibhghaire (7th February 2021), Ben (7th February 2021), Cognitive Dissident (7th February 2021), Iancorgi (6th February 2021), onawah (6th February 2021), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,543 times in 20,693 posts

Default Re: B.I.C.S. Competition (Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies)

Interesting project!
    I think that when people understand that reincarnation is a reality, they take more responsibility for their actions.
    I have read accounts from various sources about people who have memories of past lives and have been able to prove their memories were accurate.
    Such as a child born in a village in India who remembers his family from his past life who still live in a neighboring village.
    His current parents took him there to meet his former family and he was able to name them all and give accurate information about them and about himself when he was a member of that family.
    And they, in turn, recognized his spirit in the new body.
    I imagine there have been compilations of such cases, and it would be wonderful if they were getting more attention.
    This project looks like it will help to bring that about.
    Kudos!
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

aoibhghaire (7th February 2021), Ben (7th February 2021), boja (6th February 2021), Sunny-side-up (6th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread