1. Link to Post #41
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: This ridiculous forum thread instantly turned me vegan

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 05:34.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), Akasha (10th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Kryztian (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021), Strat (10th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,915 times in 2,595 posts

The Secret Life of Plants really is an eye-opening book, well worth reading.
    And here is a free download:
    The Secret Life Of Plants
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), Akasha (10th February 2021), ClearWater (10th February 2021), Constance (10th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Hym (12th February 2021), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2021), Mare (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021), palehorse (11th February 2021), Reinhard (10th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 05:34.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (10th February 2021), ClearWater (10th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2021), iota (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021), Reinhard (10th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

I don’t think it’s a debate worth having either, for a different reason than Strat’s. (no doubt a lot of vegans would consider it a debate worth having and I’m sure many of those who research the totalitarians’ agendas would be compelled to challenge vegans just as passionately, if not more). This debate would require extensive research to avoid it being a pointless exercise in cherry picking on both sides.

A good example is the graphic of the mouths, that’s done the rounds over and over again. It’s interesting at a glance but one of those mouths is not like the others - we’re highly domesticated. The comparison has virtually no value at all, other than to point out our mouth is similar to other omnivores with hands, which is also of very little value. Teeth can tell us a lot though...

I wonder how many experts and how many disciplines it would take to settle this debate? Would a single in-depth and thorough report from one discipline do it? Or many from various disciplines? I don’t know but I don’t think either side of the debate does itself any justice while in convince mode.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

ClearWater (10th February 2021), Constance (10th February 2021), DeDukshyn (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021), palehorse (11th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,426 times in 4,622 posts

Just a small note though I’m so happy you enjoy the discussion on veganism and help to address those lasting but critical problems about how to feed humanity
    and by all the statistical logic and experience known to me, there may be countless readers against few contributors to the topic because there isn’t any “one diet fitting all”,
    there isn’t any “one solution fitting all” so far and every human being is born with different kind of predisposition in their genes allowing them to feed themselves on certain proteins, whether plant or animal based but not on “everything”,
    think of generations of human ancestors trying to do their best to adapt here for millions of years who have literally tried it all ..

mono diets like wheat, corn or barley ( examples) that turned to “staples” through cultural ( and agricultural) cultivation for thousands of years, fruit and herb based diets of the tropics and subtropics,
    even nut based diets, not to mention milk and diary based diets

so at one hand it leads to aka “scientific conclusion” that human being is a kind of omnivore but realize how selective you are about your diet - so considering yourself selective, specialized type of eater may be one of the better qualified answers
    rather than “common consensus”
    and claims on which diet suits you the best.

Before I get to conundrum of my little post here that is “better don’t open the link in the original post” - and I don’t mean it as such,
    of course please check it by yourself anyway but it isn’t about veganism after all,
    it’s another “the Rothschild” impostor claiming to be above the “human equation” and there had been countless instances of such impostors on the net and its forums since it came to existence,

and I do find it not only tiring but offensive to every educated audience.

Back to the notorious human feeding problem: it really is difficult to advice on without knowing individual condition of the individual,
    so sorry to repeat this kind of cliche but most “public posters” tend to overlook the “elephant in the room”, that is bigger half of humanity who strive on various, countless specialized diets ( forms of nutrition) because none of us are “true omnivores” as such, our enzymatic production and metabolism are unique from individual to individual, there is not even “shared familiarity” in diets among close family members ( parents to children or siblings ) ,
    prevalence of various food allergies is very high in today’s human cultures with the observable quotient of overfeeding => food allergies increase that’s ultimately traceable in generation or two, regardless your ethnicity and so forth,

so as a bottom line: no, most human beings can not “eat everything” not even by default and many are hurting themselves with endless trials and errors and amounts and types of food recommended by “someone else” before they become somewhat experienced and aware of what does their organism need, in particular.

I do not wish to hurt anyone so shooting through the empty space here but seeing there’s interesting debate going on here, I’ve eventually opened the link in the OP post, seen it’s an old but repeated scam ( including discussion about superior bloodlines) but even glimpse of the “style” of the discussion on the archive page,
    vulgar, looking as if permitting questions from uneducated audience who can’t spell but addressing fairly advanced and complicated topics,
    all with manifested sting of “inherent superiority”.

You have to pardon me if I think that the discussion ( as per OP link) would not pass here and the “highly excited” style of the original poster himself indicate that it may be the same person trying to convey “bigger message to humanity” by posing as hidden VIP with “best bloodline” which itself is gross and more delusional idea than all the rest.

I believe that Bill Ryan and this forum has been cross tested on these topics repeatedly and long enough though obviously, some people ( and ideas on how to run the world ) do not give up, ever though I believe Bill and his team had done the best to keep up with some of the latest research in various science fields ( nearly impossible ),
    most of my friends in various fields of expertise are struggling with the same so do I but it’s definitely more interesting than going through these dishonorable loops about Sir Rothschild ( do you really care about him personally).

💐

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Akasha (10th February 2021), Constance (10th February 2021), DeDukshyn (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2021), Mare (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    I don’t think it’s a debate worth having either...
    Debates are often fun and a learning experience, they help to ensure the full spectrum of a topic is made available for consideration etc.

What I think isn't worth doing is trying to convince someone that they're wrong for having made the choices they have made in life; which direction the convincing is going in matters not. It's ridiculous to try to tell a vegan that they should eat meat, and I think its equally ridiculous to tell someone who eats a balanced omnivorous diet that they are "wrong" for having chosen or have been raised to eat that way.

What is probably worth doing is laying out considerations for the reasoning behind each, so that people can make their choices after viewing factual information across the board. A meat eater that is completely unaware of the cruelty of factory farming and the environmental destruction, should be made aware and should have to make the choice to eat factory farmed meat knowing they are contributing to some major problems.

Do factory style meat farms cause a lifetime of suffering for animals? ... yes, this is not debatable. Do vegans run a risk of have deficiencies in B vitamins if they aren't careful with their diet? Yes ... this is not debatable. Do animals experience more death if they have been killed for food? No - everything dies once - no life can be saved, and if left to nature many animals are eaten alive. Is our environment being destroyed due to factory farming practices to feed the "wealthy" westerners? Absolutely true, and this is a very serious issue. Are our bodies (in general) designed (or "evolved", depending on your take) to eat both plants and animals or one or the other, yes they are and function quite well on either as long as balanced nutrients are maintained.

These are some important points for consideration, and should be considered by all - its not a topic that should be debated emotionally, but rather one that should be considered carefully on an individual and personal level with as much information as we can expose ourselves to. A bit like spirituality. I'm not interested in converting atheists, or religious people to my spiritual beliefs, but I always welcome new considerations from them to ponder (except those door to door types), and I am glad to share my insights in the area if any interest is sensed. Likewise I have no interest in telling any vegan that they are incorrect for the choice they made, and I certainly am not telling people they need to eat meat - that would be absurd. Taking a "holier than thou" stance on the topic either way, is the fallacy of the discussion.

From the big points, one can then personally drill into the finer, more subtle and debatable points (spiritual and moral/ethical considerations, etc.), and just make their choice, but it behooves everyone to understand well, the bigger, less debatable points, before they should feel comfortable in their choices.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 10th February 2021 at 03:33.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), Constance (10th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2021), Mare (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Aajonus Vonderplanitz, the man mostly responsible for the raw meat/dairy movement, actually began his health journey as a strict fruitarian. Eating nothing but fruit, he was able to cure all his cancers and his dyslexia. It's a remarkably healing diet in that way. Anyone who has seen Constance - who looks 20 years younger than her actual age - knows that this approach can be very effective in healing disease and slowing the aging process.

But when Vonderplanitz began living in the wild, he grew weaker and weaker on that fruit diet, and eventually all his cancers returned (He eventually healed himself again with his raw meat/dairy approach). Just off the top of my head I know of 3 other vegans who were forced to eat meat and fish when they returned to the wild. They simply could not face the harsh elements and maintain energy without the aid of animal foods.

And that's why the American natives ate meat. Because they lived outside. It's really that simple. Nature is wonderful and nurturing and beautiful, but it's also indifferent and harsh and unforgiving. Surviving out there is not easy. Death is quick in the hunt; suffering is a lifetime in disease. It's an easy choice to make when living in the wild.

So what does all that mean? I'm not exactly sure. In a "civilized" society it appears many people can at least do ok on a vegan diet. But does that mean they should adopt one? I dunno. From what I've observed and experienced, there are several groups of people: people that do well on a meat and dairy diet; people that do well on a vegan/vegetartian/fruit diet; people that do well on some combination of the 2; and people who are born with such a rugged constitution that it hardly matters what they eat - they thrive regardless. And then there are people at the extremes who must eat only meat to remain healthy and disease free, or people who must eat exclusively veggies or fruits to remain functional. All these people are presented with unique challenges in various ways when it comes to diet. It's certainly not a one size fits all thing; when it comes to diet, that's the one thing I'm certain of.

I do eat meat and some dairy. In my experience, lightness does not necessarily come from eating light foods, but from eating the *right* foods to make my body strong, even if they're meats. I think spirituality is dependent on awareness, but what you are aware of is partly dependent on your ability to produce energy. When you are tired it is more difficult to hear the subtle voice of a higher power. So common sense dictates that one eats the foods that gives them the most energy.

And finally, I don't think veggie eaters are more loving necessarily, just different in how they express the anger that we all feel to some degree. Meat eaters tend to be more overt, more open in displaying hostility - and perhaps more volatile - while vegans/vegetarians express those emotions more covertly, more secretly and more passive-aggressively, but with just as much force. It is a different style of being, not a higher consciousness imo
    Last edited by Mike; 10th February 2021 at 03:48.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), ClearWater (11th February 2021), Constance (10th February 2021), DeDukshyn (10th February 2021), Elainie (10th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2021), Jayke (10th February 2021), Mare (10th February 2021), palehorse (11th February 2021)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 913 posts

I posted this a couple of days ago on the thread "10 REASONS TO BE VEGAN"
    Both of these threads are interrelated in that I didn't stop eating meat from a preconceived notion of morality.....Though in thinking about it and knowing those things I just haven't done in years from being a vegetarian, I can see how I have avoided the issue because I've never felt the need to preach....just share....

Link to Post #38

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...58#post1409558

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), Akasha (11th February 2021), Anka (10th February 2021), Constance (10th February 2021), DeDukshyn (10th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Innocent Warrior (10th February 2021), Mare (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

I have turned ethical vegetarian as teenager, can’t explain reasons other than aware and compassionate but I’ve passed through years of spiritual development back then that was entirely of my own provenance,
    never followed any trends.

I would be happy to sustain myself from “thin air” or am, if it’s doable but it sometimes is doable or not 😀
    It really depends on how well you feel, I feel, state of physio-dynamic balance. We seem to have lots more reserves stored in our systems than we are aware of or happy to “kick” at each particular time.

No matter what biological products do we consume here they link us to the ecosystem and different parts of the ecosystem, its pathways , logic of sustenance and procreation, building the walls of cells , borders and defences,
    we become part of biological war, regardless.

There is live consciousness in every creature, true . A wild berry or herb shares completely different “power” than the one grown in the garden no matter how good is the fruit. It’s times more powerful when you are hungry.

So is a tiny piece of fish.

It’s definitely always about the “right food” that can work with our own energy reserves.

I’ve learned one thing with humans and that from childhood, long learning curve I’d say, that is don’t fall on your sword, don’t fall for “mercy” when it comes to food, make no compromise.
    Only look for what each person can and want to eat, don’t adopt people’s habits
    or eat because it’s socially convenient.

Eat when you are hungry at least for couple of hours
    and not more than you need at that time.

Don’t eat out of habit.

Food is not habitual requirement.

Now I should go and get some ice cream 😆

Strat, I’ve likewise seen many neurotic even angry vegetarians in this life and it’s not worth the sighting though they’re generally harmless people.
    I’ve experienced people on “meat only” diets who could not control themselves at all.

I’ve seen how even the most disciplined minds lose their best habits for a moment in time.

This world is not easy place to be and people come to terms with in it in many ways.

❤️💫

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Akasha (11th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Mare (11th February 2021), Reinhard (10th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th February 2021)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

Years ago, Prince Charles was ridiculed for reporting that he spoke to his plants and got better production from them. Also, if he really is related through Queen Victoria to the Rothschild's he is likely to be the person spoken of above.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th February 2021)

21. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 05:34. Reason: dyslexic

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), Akasha (11th February 2021), Franny (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Mare (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021), Peace in Oz (10th February 2021), Reinhard (10th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th February 2021)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Aajonus Vonderplanitz, the man mostly responsible for the raw meat/dairy movement, actually began his health journey as a strict fruitarian. Eating nothing but fruit, he was able to cure all his cancers and his dyslexia. It's a remarkably healing diet in that way. Anyone who has seen Constance - who looks 20 years younger than her actual age - knows that this approach can be very effective in healing disease and slowing the aging process.

But when Vonderplanitz began living in the wild, he grew weaker and weaker on that fruit diet, and eventually all his cancers returned (He eventually healed himself again with his raw meat/dairy approach). Just off the top of my head I know of 3 other vegans who were forced to eat meat and fish when they returned to the wild. They simply could not face the harsh elements and maintain energy without the aid of animal foods.

And that's why the American natives ate meat. Because they lived outside. It's really that simple. Nature is wonderful and nurturing and beautiful, but it's also indifferent and harsh and unforgiving. Surviving out there is not easy. Death is quick in the hunt; suffering is a lifetime in disease. It's an easy choice to make when living in the wild.

So what does all that mean? I'm not exactly sure. In a "civilized" society it appears many people can at least do ok on a vegan diet. But does that mean they should adopt one? I dunno. From what I've observed and experienced, there are several groups of people: people that do well on a meat and dairy diet; people that do well on a vegan/vegetartian/fruit diet; people that do well on some combination of the 2; and people who are born with such a rugged constitution that it hardly matters what they eat - they thrive regardless. And then there are people at the extremes who must eat only meat to remain healthy and disease free, or people who must eat exclusively veggies or fruits to remain functional. All these people are presented with unique challenges in various ways when it comes to diet. It's certainly not a one size fits all thing; when it comes to diet, that's the one thing I'm certain of.

I do eat meat and some dairy. In my experience, lightness does not necessarily come from eating light foods, but from eating the *right* foods to make my body strong, even if they're meats. I think spirituality is dependent on awareness, but what you are aware of is partly dependent on your ability to produce energy. When you are tired it is more difficult to hear the subtle voice of a higher power. So common sense dictates that one eats the foods that gives them the most energy.

And finally, I don't think veggie eaters are more loving necessarily, just different in how they express the anger that we all feel to some degree. Meat eaters tend to be more overt, more open in displaying hostility - and perhaps more volatile - while vegans/vegetarians express those emotions more covertly, more secretly and more passive-aggressively, but with just as much force. It is a different style of being, not a higher consciousness imo

I've seen/experienced both sides display overt and covert hostility, passive-aggressiveness and anger. But what I do see overwhelmingly in the vegan community is the desire for peace.

I've attended a few rallies and educational sessions with other vegans. The love and support many vegans share for the animals, and with each other is really beautiful to witness. People set aside their differences to unite in the one cause. Peace. Peace for the animals, peace for themselves. Peace for the planet.

I wholeheartedly agree with you where you say I think spirituality is dependent on awareness.

What nourishes and sustains the body? Gosh, where does one start when there are the 12 facets of our being to consider? Each contains 144 pieces of information in the what, when, why, how, who, where, whilst, which, whether - with/without. It is humbling when I realise what I don't know. I maybe only know 10% of everything that I want to know.

Over the many years that I've been vegetarian (and in the last decade vegan), I don't think I've really ever seen personally or professionally, a productive debate around this subject.

Unless someone has the time and energy to present both sides and in a way that all factors are presented (how many billions of pieces of information?) and in a way that people can easily digest the information, at best - we can only be marginally effective. I'm only aware of this because I have attempted to piece it all together (not here of course) and it wasn't effortless. I'd much prefer to spend time doing what I love to do and fulfil my highest potential that way.

If l look realistically at where humanity is at, how many in the population are at peace or can maintain that peace?

The only thing I have to ask myself ultimately about my wholistic lifestyle (which encompasses a vegan diet) is, does this bring me peace and can I maintain that peace?

When I was 19 or so, I would accompany my older brother to these music festivals where his band would perform. They were popular locally so there was usually quite a crowd. These events were usually outdoors, in the evening, under the stars, with fires burning, dancing, drink, weed, incense, so forth. If it were the 60's, you might call the attendees "hippies". But it was a cool scene, at least superficially, suggesting freedom and bliss and love and unity and so on. There were tables with what seemed like endless vegan dishes. And no one asked for a dime! Free food, free drink, free love. Then why did it make me so uneasy?

To begin with, everyone looked emaciated. The guys were all uber thin, drowning in their tshirts and beards, with easy, tired smiles etched into their gaunt faces. Most of their shirts were decorated with peace symbols, and just in case you missed it all you had to do was look at their hands, which were perpetually locked in the peace sign formation. The whole place was shrouded in this weird, burnt-out tranquility. When I looked around I didn't really see it all as advertised, I mostly just saw weakness.

It wasn't so much that those people were interested in peace, it's just that they were totally incapable of fighting And that's an important distinction to make. Had the place been overrun by angry toddlers, the hippies wouldn't have stood a chance! And the whole scene was a wonderful smokescreen (no pun intended) to conceal this weakness and instead present it as a virtue. I couldn't really articulate that to myself back then, but I certainly picked up on it. And it always made me uneasy.

What they all had in common was their vegan diet. It's true that they were also weed smokers and drinkers, but so were my friends and they were all pretty robust lol.

It's unfair of me to compare those events and people with the vegans you know and spend time with, but that's what it immediately reminded me of. I guess I'm trying to just describe my experiences to hopefully make my position more understandable.

All my early health guru heroes were vegans and herbalists. Dr Schulze. Gary Null. Dr Christopher, etc. All I had to do was cleanse my body of the poisons I'd put in there, and replace them with healthy, plant based nutrients they told me. So simple, so easy. It made perfect sense to me, and I was completely convinced it would work. I knew. Then why didn't it work for me? Oh I know, I would say to myself, I did x wrong, or y, or z. I would try again, only this time be even more dedicated to the details. And then it would fail me again. I did this countless times.

Meanwhile I would wolf down a burger or a steak in between these attempts, ignoring how good they made me feel while planning my next herbal cleanse and vegetarian plan. Finally I had to admit that the meat made me feel much healthier and energetic. But it took me years to accept that!! I so desperately wanted to be a vegan. And sometimes I still do. More for the animals than me.

And over the years I would periodically revisit the diet. I would go to my local healthfood store and talk with some of the vegan workers there, looking for guidance. And they all looked like the people at the music festivals all those years ago. The guys were gaunt and weak, usually with those enormous , plate-sized tribal things in their ear lobes, and the women were sloppy and fat and heavily tattoo'd ( clearly doing the twinkie version of the vegan diet). And so I began to associate the diet with a certain type of person, fairly or unfairly, and I drifted even further from it.

I feel best when I eat meat *and* veggies. And fruits. I will happily testify to the remarkable boost I get from my fruit smoothies, but if I just do fruit or veggies exclusively, I wilt. I wish it wasn't so. A vegan diet appeals to me in every way but has failed me time and again in practice. Ive just accepted finally that this is who I am, ya know?
    Last edited by Mike; 10th February 2021 at 09:04.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Agape (10th February 2021), Constance (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th February 2021)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    Years ago, Prince Charles was ridiculed for reporting that he spoke to his plants and got better production from them. Also, if he really is related through Queen Victoria to the Rothschild's he is likely to be the person spoken of above.
    I think it’s the “monster” of internet age- really, this technical age of humanity that’s about hundred or two years old - blowing things around in uneven manner, sometimes.
    Natural habits and characters disappearing literally under our finger tips. In old times perhaps, we would tell a friend or DO something else about it
    but this time we give our piece of energy to the bigger whole
    that is trapped in a machine.

That said, I know very few growers, nature lovers , pet and animal lovers who do not talk to their plants, animals , including insects and fish as if they could understand and experiment with this natural law of intelligence and attraction and whether we are able to understand each other, inter species, I think it’s very big and important question and no doubts every living being down to the pesky virus carries certain form of consciousness or intelligence and frequency it operates, in its own timeline and so forth but
    for me personally, every living being carry unique message in them and it’s upon us whether we are able to read it or not ...

🕊

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Constance (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Mare (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021)

27. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 05:33.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (11th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by waxamillionpehhgasus (here)
    Looks like some people skimmed over this crucial part of my first post:

Quote Posted by waxamillionpehhgasus (here)
    [URL="https://ia802300.us.archive.org/8/items/rofschildv1/IAmARofschildAxeMeAQuestion.html"]but found this guy spitting some major knowledge at times.
    I'm talking about plants. If I was talking about metaphysical concepts or blood types or other stuff, I would have posted in a different section.

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote It explains, scientifically, what happens when you talk to plants, send them love, etc.
    It explains, scientifically, how plants can telepathically read your mind.
    Someone will have to explain how plants react when they read that you are intent on eating them in even larger quantities than before because you have stopped eating meat.
    You're failing to realize something big: that by eating meat, you're actually eating a higher number plants than if you were to just eat plants.

You also seem to have not read the excerpt from the thread I posted in the OP, or else you would realize that plants do not necessarily mind being eaten in the first place. If you read the book, you will understand why that is in a more specific sense.

Otherwise, perhaps watch a factory farming video in the background the next time you eat meat. You won't mind, right?
    Hey waxamillionpehhgasus, come down off your high horse I have no answers (Mashika brought up the word ‘conundrum’). No one has all the answers; I am simply raising questions: you can just answer them, or not. Please don’t go telling me before posting to read a whole book you quoted. If I read it, it would surely not answer all my questions. I am going simply to outline a few thoughts that occur to me here and now – just like you have done.

However, there is some convoluted logic here. So one objection to eating meat is that it is to eat more plants. Plants, you say, don’t necessarily mind being eaten – I had understood that, thank you –but then presumably not by animals either. So that would not be an objection to eating meat – because the plants will have sorted out that issue with the animals. Or do they perhaps object to being eaten by domesticated animals? Would they then also object to being grown by humans? How then do we develop a positive relationship between consumer and consumed, when even an oak is usually planted and tended by humans? It seems it can be done, but exactly why is not so clear.

I’m afraid the factory farming video idea is an inadequate response. In my other post (maybe you didn’t read it: that’s OK), I said ‘whatever we are doing wrong with respect to animals we are also doing wrong with respect to plants’. I did not for a moment suggest factory farming was doing it right. My point was that the same thing can happen with our relation to plants, and therefore ultimately eating plants is not the answer: if they ‘don’t necessarily mind being eaten’, then they don’t necessarily accept it either. The ultimate answer in one line of thinking is artificial food made from minerals – until, that is, minerals start to object too. I expect the transhumanist computer chip will have to come with a charger so that we can feed off the mains electricity supply; that is one direction where this seems to be heading.

The other direction is plugging better into nature. Some things are more ‘natural’ than others and therefore to be preferred. But there is a problem with that too. I’ll reply to one point made by Constance. It would seem I missed out one link in the human-dolphin chain: the dolphins are conspiring with humans to catch other fish. So, whatever is wrong with humans is also wrong with those nice dolphins. They are as smart as they come, but they live off fish: try telling a school of dolphins to go vegan! The entire food chain idea needs a radical overhaul. But then the entire Earth system needs overhauling. If we avoid being killed and eaten, we still end up dying and being eaten by willing agents of mother Earth. This is seen as a positive process, but an unavoidable one. Avoiding cow’s milk is not going to change that. People are willing to accelerate the process by dying for country, religion or some other principle – or rather, have other people do that. Ultimately in this case, the sentient Earth is sick and possibly dying, and the diseased cells are the ones supposed to be curing her.

Mentioning a Rothschild simply suggests that humans are not at the top of the food chain: some other entity is feeding off humanity and turning them into sheep. Veganism may be a part of this: we are uncomfortable with being at the top, so we move down a notch to become herbivores. There are a number of practical problems with that, one being what happens to the cattle and pigs. Do we exterminate them all or do we let them go wild? Wild means many more boars and bulls than now, leading to uncontrollable stocks and higher reproduction rates among animals used to feeding off our farmland.

Already, wild boar are causing problems in large cities like Barcelona. They don’t do too much damage on concrete and tarmac. But only last week I saw the mess they can make of a rainsoaked meadow. If they visited a vegan’s vegetable plot, then they would devour the lot and the farmer would have to start over again. Unfortunately, in many parts of the world, that means next year, so what does he eat over the winter? Traditionally, the answer has always been meat. Hunter-gatherers gathered in the summer and autumn and could fall back on hunting in the spring and winter. If you are going to act like sheep, then you need to make absolutely sure you make hay while the sun shines, meaning that you are going to have to compete with the livestock (on a ‘four legs good’ basis?) and find an alternative to eating it.

If you are also contending with an elite intent on culling the middle man, then you find yourself on the side of the beasts, whether as a friend or a prey, but you have done nothing to overcome the food chain mechanism. On the contrary, you have only made your own position worse. This is a planetary issue way beyond our pay grade. Feeding off love and light is a story the elite might like to tell people, but there is a piece missing in that puzzle. That is what a planet does in relation to its sun, but we are mere cells of its organism. But as such, we may not be all serving the same function, which means the following: any blanket solution to our perceived problems is not going to work. Blanket solutions, as we are seeing now more than ever, are a major part of the problem. If we break away from the hierarchical civilization that is killing us, then life may get a whole lot more precarious before it gets better. Veganism is one solution for some people, we don’t want it becoming one more -ism imposing some kind of religious dogma.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Constance (10th February 2021), Mike (10th February 2021)

31. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 05:33.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Akasha (11th February 2021), ClearWater (11th February 2021), DeDukshyn (10th February 2021), Hym (10th February 2021), Mike (11th February 2021), palehorse (11th February 2021)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,630 times in 1,603 posts

Hello,

I will hardly pick a side on this one, because both sides can be good, as someone wrote above, living in harsh conditions in the mountains for instance can trigger the necessity of a better diet based on protein, specially if a person is very active. It is all about the environment as well.

Here is one example of local diet, I once met a monk at the temple right in one of the borders with Camboja, a small temple in the country side where the local community is based on agriculture only, their Sangha has a total of 7 people, 6 monks and 1 helper, the only way for them to survive is to beg for food in the local community and also what people donate direct in the temple, and they do every morning as a tradition in the Buddhism, they have no other options, these monks eat mostly vegetables and fungi in curries with rice and herbs, porridge and fruits, but they also eat meat in curries as well in this area, since the community is basically composed by farmers and everybody work from sun to sun.. monks also work hard all day to keep the temple neat, give sermons and serve the community, chanting two times per day, meditate, study, etc etc .. monks's life (the serious ones of course) is a full day activity starting at 3:30 AM and finishing later at 11:30 PM or even later than that.. most of them barely sleep well and they have 1 super per day, the rest of the day is just liquids like Water, Tea, Milk, Coffee, Juices, etc..

I always wondered how they find the energy to deal with all that stuffs eating and sleeping too little, and using their physical strength to the limit.. the monk said to me they meditate and contemplate all day long, every day, cleaning the mind and becoming light weight literally, it is unbelievable how much unnecessary stuffs we can have in our minds and this stuffs can drain us out of energy pretty quickly.

(here where I live it is vegetarian food served in all temples I had visited, if anyone spend a few days in a retreat like I did, then one will have almost the same experience as eating, sleeping and living like a monk, the same rules apply to everyone, vegetarian or not one will see the power of food in their bodies, most of us I would say, we eat more than we need).

I respect all lifestyles and I believe a good diet renders a better life, after all we are what we eat, but it is highly dependent on the environment we live on, imagine all those folks living all year round in the harsh cold, animal fat must be their primarily source of energy along with meat, one would barely eat veggies...

I could be all wrong on that, but it seems logic not only for me, but also for the common knowledge applied in each of these areas.

Personally I could eat mushrooms in case meat isn't available anymore, it is a great source of proteins, they have vitamin B12 and Iron which is found in meats, also could eat beans (all sort of beans) or lentils, all full of Iron in order to replace meat, for me it is not a big deal, what is a big deal is smoked ribs, I actually love smoked meat, the original one home made not the one sold in supermarkets with chemicals to mimic the smoke flavor.

Have a good day everyone.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ClearWater (11th February 2021), DeDukshyn (11th February 2021), Hym (11th February 2021)

35. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    Hello,

I will hardly pick a side on this one, because both sides can be good, as someone wrote above, living in harsh conditions in the mountains for instance can trigger the necessity of a better diet based on protein, specially if a person is very active. It is all about the environment as well.

Here is one example of local diet, I once met a monk at the temple right in one of the borders with Camboja, a small temple in the country side where the local community is based on agriculture only, their Sangha has a total of 7 people, 6 monks and 1 helper, the only way for them to survive is to beg for food in the local community and also what people donate direct in the temple, and they do every morning as a tradition in the Buddhism, they have no other options, these monks eat mostly vegetables and fungi in curries with rice and herbs, porridge and fruits, but they also eat meat in curries as well in this area, since the community is basically composed by farmers and everybody work from sun to sun.. monks also work hard all day to keep the temple neat, give sermons and serve the community, chanting two times per day, meditate, study, etc etc .. monks's life (the serious ones of course) is a full day activity starting at 3:30 AM and finishing later at 11:30 PM or even later than that.. most of them barely sleep well and they have 1 super per day, the rest of the day is just liquids like Water, Tea, Milk, Coffee, Juices, etc..

I always wondered how they find the energy to deal with all that stuffs eating and sleeping too little, and using their physical strength to the limit.. the monk said to me they meditate and contemplate all day long, every day, cleaning the mind and becoming light weight literally, it is unbelievable how much unnecessary stuffs we can have in our minds and this stuffs can drain us out of energy pretty quickly.

(here where I live it is vegetarian food served in all temples I had visited, if anyone spend a few days in a retreat like I did, then one will have almost the same experience as eating, sleeping and living like a monk, the same rules apply to everyone, vegetarian or not one will see the power of food in their bodies, most of us I would say, we eat more than we need).

I respect all lifestyles and I believe a good diet renders a better life, after all we are what we eat, but it is highly dependent on the environment we live on, imagine all those folks living all year round in the harsh cold, animal fat must be their primarily source of energy along with meat, one would barely eat veggies...

I could be all wrong on that, but it seems logic not only for me, but also for the common knowledge applied in each of these areas.

Personally I could eat mushrooms in case meat isn't available anymore, it is a great source of proteins, they have vitamin B12 and Iron which is found in meats, also could eat beans (all sort of beans) or lentils, all full of Iron in order to replace meat, for me it is not a big deal, what is a big deal is smoked ribs, I actually love smoked meat, the original one home made not the one sold in supermarkets with chemicals to mimic the smoke flavor.

Eating what you have available to eat is a bit of a no brainer. Even rabbits have been caught on video eating from dead animal carcasses in the winter months in northern climates where there's literally not much vegetation for them to eat at all. But if you have the choice, then well, you have the choice.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Akasha (11th February 2021), ClearWater (11th February 2021), palehorse (11th February 2021)

37. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,630 times in 1,603 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Hello,

Eating what you have available to eat is a bit of a no brainer. Even rabbits have been caught on video eating from dead animal carcasses in the winter months in northern climates where there's literally not much vegetation for them to eat at all. But if you have the choice, then well, you have the choice.
    I do not fully agree with this statement "Eating what you have available to eat is a bit of a no brainer." as you said IF there is choice then you have the choice, it would be total laziness to not explore the choices, but in many cases there is no such choices, people will eat what is available and what grows in their areas and what their money can pay for or what else they barter. It is just the way of life for those people living under that circumstances.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

38. Link to Post #60
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Hello,

I do not fully agree with this statement "Eating what you have available to eat is a bit of a no brainer." as you said IF there is choice then you have the choice, it would be total laziness to not explore the choices, but in many cases there is no such choices, people will eat what is available and what grows in their areas and what their money can pay for or what else they barter. It is just the way of life for those people living under that circumstances.
    I thought what he meant with "IF" as in "Either you eat what is around, or you die", that's the choice?

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

DeDukshyn (11th February 2021), palehorse (11th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast