+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst 1 19 29 32 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

1. Link to Post #561
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

Was talking to a friend who tried to buy crypto. I think it was xyz or something like that. He said somehow he managed to loose the address when he copied and pasted it into his wallet. But the copy/paste was of another link and so was invalid.

He says he lost $10,000!

I cannot believe it is that easy to loose money on crypto by entering a wrong address.

Does any of this sound likely?
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Elainie (12th October 2021), gord (13th October 2021), Jayke (12th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #562
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Was talking to a friend who tried to buy crypto. I think it was xyz or something like that. He said somehow he managed to loose the address when he copied and pasted it into his wallet. But the copy/paste was of another link and so was invalid.

He says he lost $10,000!

I cannot believe it is that easy to loose money on crypto by entering a wrong address.

Depends on the network. I did a transaction on Stellar Lumen (XLM) network from Wirex to my Exodus wallet when I first started this thread. Only 2 small payments of £20 and £50. Where I entered the address for a different network by mistake. Thought the money was lost completely until 4 months later when the transaction was randomly debited back into my Wirex wallet as a failed transaction after being held in limbo for so long.

But yeah you have to be extra careful of making sure the addresses are right. Would be the same in real life if you put $10,000 cash in a shoebox and mailed it to a random address. Would be very lucky if you ever got that back again.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (13th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021), rgray222 (12th October 2021)

5. Link to Post #563
    Thanks

There are many sites that do not give the person a 'make sure everything is in order' summary page before taking your money.

On the other hand there are sites that ask redundantly 'are you sure?', to give the customer time to verify all information.

That is why I was wondering. Some sites can barely wait for the opportunity to take your money, and give no chance to a 'change my mind' type of scenario.

The other thing I cannot understand is the 'mining' of crypto. What? A lot of people loose their money that others then go and find? Where is all this unclaimed circulating virtual coins coming from? Whose money is it that they mine?

It is these questions that make me wonder just how safe is crypto really?

Will my buddy get his $10,000 back some time in the future, or will some miner find it first?
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gord (13th October 2021), Jayke (12th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #564
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

There are many sites that do not give the person a 'make sure everything is in order' summary page before taking your money.

On the other hand there are sites that ask redundantly 'are you sure?', to give the customer time to verify all information.

That is why I was wondering. Some sites can barely wait for the opportunity to take your money, and give no chance to a 'change my mind' type of scenario.

The other thing I cannot understand is the 'mining' of crypto. What? A lot of people loose their money that others then go and find? Where is all this unclaimed circulating virtual coins coming from? Whose money is it that they mine?

Will my buddy get his $10,000 back some time in the future, or will some miner find it first?
    IMO Crypto is absolutely not safe. You can see Crypto world at the moment as the Wild West. Your life (money) isnt worth much because you can be shot down at any moment by bandits. But! You can also find a gold mine if you do your research. So its for people who are comfortable taking big risks.

I myself never gave a crap about money in my life. Untill a few years ago because i have big dreams of buying a farm and healing the soil and create a little paradise on earth. Thats why i got into crypto. Im taking big risks because i really want my dream to come true.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

Elainie (12th October 2021), Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2021), gord (13th October 2021), Jayke (12th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021)

9. Link to Post #565
    Thanks

Puts a new spin on Warren Buffets phrase “the stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient”.

Crypto mining = “the crypto market is a device for transferring money from the careless to the careful

But no, put simply, mining is just the process of using your computers processing power to write new transactions in a blockchains decentralised ledger. The more transactions you’re eligible to process for the network, the more you get rewarded for your time and energy spent processing those transactions. Doesn’t have anything to do with finding lost transactions people have dropped down the back of a ledger.

How safe is modern banking in general? Especially now most banks are closing their brick and mortar stores and going more heavily down the digital route.

We’d have to know more about your buddy’s specific situation, what website he used, what network on the website etc. navigating the world of crypto is definitely full of expensive mistakes and lessons to be learned. Although I’m sure losing that much would be enough to put him off for good.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (13th October 2021), gs_powered (13th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #566
    Thanks

Maybe my buddy has money he needs to clean?...because he sure did not seem too worried about the loss.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

gord (13th October 2021), Jayke (12th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021), rgray222 (12th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #567
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 times in 787 posts

He says he lost $10,000!

Yes, I lost tons of crypto because my phone broke and one password was off.........

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th October 2021), gord (13th October 2021), Jayke (12th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021), rgray222 (12th October 2021)

15. Link to Post #568
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

gord (13th October 2021), Jayke (12th October 2021), rgray222 (12th October 2021)

17. Link to Post #569
    Thanks

Yieldly's Opulous staking pool is now live. Stake Opul for more Opul.

Lee Parsons (Opulous CEO) did a recent interview with Layah Heilpern discussing how he got into the blockchain space and ended up founding Opulous. Probably one of the most laid back and grounded CEO's of any company, ever.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YieldlyFi...74285554548740

~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note, I've been playing around on Tinyman looking for potential lottery tickets to spend some of my Algo staking rewards on. There's a couple that look interesting purely from a tokenomics perspective.

The first is AlgoFam token ($Fame) (https://algoexplorer.io/asset/142838028) run by Bilal on Twitter. Not much of a use case for this other than it being a community coin. What makes it significant however is its 10,000 total supply. Total gamble but if the Algorand community takes off in a big way could be worth having just 1 in the portfolio.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bilalgora...40136365019136

~~~~~~~~~~

Another one to watch is Headline (HDL) (https://algoexplorer.io/asset/137594422), this one has more utility than $Fame, and a total supply of 25,000,000. This is from the developers who brought out AlgoPay, and are now bringing out Forum, a new decentralised Forum platform on Algorand. Could be worth getting in early on this one because it looks like these guys are really going places and adding a lot of value to the community.

https://mobile.twitter.com/headline_...18564447887364

The full interview with Aaron Martinez from Headline:

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (13th October 2021), Mypos (13th October 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2021)

19. Link to Post #570
    Portugal Avalon Member gs_powered's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gs_powered (here)
    As I'm seing the Algo currency dropping every day, I was hoping to buy it as low as possible

Is there a specific near date when it will no longer pay off to buy the Algos in order to convert them to Yeldly?
    Well, finally bought my 1st crypto, used Kraken to buy around 50 Algo. Was about to send them to my wallet in order to use them on Yieldly but apparently one has to wait 72h after first deposit...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gs_powered For This Post:

gord (13th October 2021), Jayke (13th October 2021), Mypos (13th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2021)

21. Link to Post #571
    Thanks

As I'm seing the Algo currency dropping every day, I was hoping to buy it as low as possible

Is there a specific near date when it will no longer pay off to buy the Algos in order to convert them to Yeldly?
    Well, finally bought my 1st crypto, used Kraken to buy around 50 Algo. Was about to send them to my wallet in order to use them on Yieldly but apparently one has to wait 72h after first deposit...
    Yup, I’ve just had the exact same problem on Kucoin trying to withdraw my OPUL out of the Kucoin staking pool to put into the Yieldly staking pool. There’s a 3 day lockup redemption period apparantly, where the funds are frozen. Going to miss out on that 72% APY Yieldly are currently offering, will probably be half that by time I get the OPUL out. All Algo community needs now is a good fiat on-and-off ramp and we’ll never have to bother with the scammy centralised exchanges again. Roll on Algofi, I know they’ve got a fiat on-and-off ramp in production.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Mypos (14th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2021)

23. Link to Post #572
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey Jayke (and anyone else!). Have you started to consider you exit (partial or otherwise) from the current market cycle once strong enough indications are in that the peak has been reached? I've been putting some thought into it myself lately but would appreciate to your know your thoughts, e.g. converting some back to fiat to buy back at the bottom or just "HODL" through the storm

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to canadianborn For This Post:

Jayke (14th October 2021), Michi (14th October 2021), mountain_jim (14th October 2021), Mypos (14th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2021)

25. Link to Post #573
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,348 times in 21,474 posts

Quote Posted by canadianborn (here)
    Hey Jayke (and anyone else!). Have you started to consider you exit (partial or otherwise) from the current market cycle once strong enough indications are in that the peak has been reached?
    In my experience, both in the dot.com boom of the 1990's, and the crypto markets of recent years ... I do not make major buy/sell decisions in one such market in isolation.

Rather, I manage all my assets, debts, resources, ... and rebalance across them, as my circumstances and sense of potentials and vulnerabilities changes.

Basically, when I have more to invest, I'll put it where it seems to have the most potential, such as in an asset class that seems to be in a low spot of a longer term up trend, and when I need resources elsewhere, I'll take it out of class that feels "hotter than a two dollar pistol" (a shorter term high) and put it to use where else I need it.

My sense of a roller coaster market like dot.com stocks (then) and cryptos (more recently) is getting pretty good at noticing when the market seems over heated. I don't move all in or out (unless my other needs and assets are large), but rather I'll "skim some cream off the top" of the hot market when I have better use for that.

The above works whether my total "net worth" is large or small at the time.

So for example, when Bitcoin was nearly $60,000 early in 2021, I skimmed some off to put in some "prepper" supplies.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

gord (14th October 2021), gs_powered (14th October 2021), Jayke (14th October 2021), Michi (14th October 2021), mountain_jim (14th October 2021), palehorse (15th October 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2021)

27. Link to Post #574
    Thanks

Hey Jayke (and anyone else!). Have you started to consider you exit (partial or otherwise) from the current market cycle once strong enough indications are in that the peak has been reached? I've been putting some thought into it myself lately but would appreciate to your know your thoughts, e.g. converting some back to fiat to buy back at the bottom or just "HODL" through the storm
    I don't intend on selling much this year. I've got a portion of Hbar sat in my binance account incase it does go parabolic end of year. I've got no real intention of selling it unless it hits my first take profit zone of $2.4 this bull run.

And I've got around 3000 Algo that I bought with a 0% interest credit card when Algo dipped to $0.67 earlier this year. Which I bought fully with the intention of either buying any new Algo ecosystem tokens that launch later this year, say if AlgoDex launches their DAO token for instance, or just for taking profit.

I only really need to sell enough crypto to pay off that debt though, most of my holdings are in DeFi coins that are earning passive APY, so, I'd rather just let the majority of it ride for as long as possible. Even if Yieldly only gets to $0.20, I'll be making enough in the daily staking rewards to comfortably live on, without ever dipping into my capital allocation, so I'm not in any rush to get rich quick. It's more of a marathon than a sprint for me. I can comfortably wait till the 2024 bull run or even till the last Algo are distributed in 2030 before considering to sell any major portion of any of my bags.

I might only really sell 1000-2000 Algo around christmas time, pay off the credit card and keep whatevers left over in USDC in MyAlgo wallet for buying the next bear market lows. Hopefully there'll be a FIAT off-ramp in the Algorand ecosystem by then, with either AlgoFi or AlgoPay providing the service. If not, I'll just send 1000-2000 to my Coinbase Pro account and hope they don't freeze my funds while I'm converting it back into cash.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (14th October 2021), mountain_jim (14th October 2021), Mypos (14th October 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2021)

29. Link to Post #575
    Thanks

Might be worth buying more Quant and Avalanche again. They’ve just announced their partnership with ‘the British Pound Foundation’.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gverdian/...80002811990017

~~~~~~~~~~~~

New features soon to drop on Algorand. Is your public key too long to remember? Buy yourself a .algo address to have a public key of your choice. It’s little features like this that’ll help streamline adoption for the mainstream. Make it just as simple as using a PayPal email address for transferring funds.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TxnLab/st...05306581659648
    Last edited by Jayke; 14th October 2021 at 13:06.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (14th October 2021), Mypos (14th October 2021)

31. Link to Post #576
    Thanks

If anyones interested in the decentralised FORUM project Headline are bringing out. Minimum staking requirement for the HDL token to gain access is 1000. They also mention in this Twitter thread that HDL will be the token for the AlgoPay project, which has potential to be pretty huge.

https://mobile.twitter.com/headline_...74815322304516

https://mobile.twitter.com/headline_...75213831512071

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (15th October 2021), Mypos (14th October 2021), rgray222 (14th October 2021)

33. Link to Post #577
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

Quote Posted by ThePythonicCow (here)
    Hey Jayke (and anyone else!). Have you started to consider you exit (partial or otherwise) from the current market cycle once strong enough indications are in that the peak has been reached?
    In my experience, both in the dot.com boom of the 1990's, and the crypto markets of recent years ... I do not make major buy/sell decisions in one such market in isolation.

My sense of a roller coaster market like dot.com stocks (then) and cryptos (more recently) is getting pretty good at noticing when the market seems over heated. I don't move all in or out (unless my other needs and assets are large), but rather I'll "skim some cream off the top" of the hot market when I have better use for that.

The above works whether my total "net worth" is large or small at the time.

So for example, when Bitcoin was nearly $60,000 early in 2021, I skimmed some off to put in some "prepper" supplies.
    Again overheated per your notice? BTC back over $61k at moment.

I did not sell any before, grumbled ever since, but now that we are back here I still don't want to sell any BTC.

I treat it like my Gold and Silver as I wait for the expected Dollar Demolition and cycle peak.....

Just HODLing.....

Ideally I would like to wait until the new year to defer taxes on a big gain another year, but on other hand IF the prevailing sentiment is that the peak of this cycle has been reached then I will sell some/most sooner.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 15th October 2021 at 18:36.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

gord (15th October 2021), Jayke (15th October 2021)

35. Link to Post #578
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,592 times in 672 posts

I've been periodically converting very small quantities of btc to dai and usdc since btc hit about 44k not long ago, and really haven't made a dent in the btc I started with. It's nice to have some stablecoin around that I don't even think about. When or if it goes back down, I'll do the same in reverse.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Jayke (15th October 2021), mountain_jim (15th October 2021)

37. Link to Post #579
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

for those that know:

Tether is being used to pump BTC, BTC will be dumped for fiat... genius pump and dump play that will happen over the next week or two .

tread carefully in crypto ATM... it's being heavily leveraged by large institutions & may prove to not be as good as a safe haven as people assume (in the short term).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

gord (15th October 2021), Jayke (15th October 2021), mountain_jim (15th October 2021)

39. Link to Post #580
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,220 times in 8,550 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    for those that know:

Tether is being used to pump BTC, BTC will be dumped for fiat... genius pump and dump play that will happen over the next week or two .

tread carefully in crypto ATM... it's being heavily leveraged by large institutions & may prove to not be as good as a safe haven as people assume (in the short term).
    tether related today

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/cft...about-reserves

Quote CFTC Fines Bitfinex, Tether $43MM For "Misleading" Claims About Reserves
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

gord (15th October 2021), Jayke (15th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst 1 19 29 32 LastLast