+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 32 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

1. Link to Post #221
    United States Avalon Member DSKlausler's Avatar
    Language
    Kings' English (colored)
    Thanks

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

I'm sticking with my HBar.

A million opinions out there, but one I heard recently was HBar at $4.00 THIS YEAR. You reading this probably realize that that would be greater than 10x (even from a late-to-the-game purchase) - nice.
    Anything is possible with the proper training.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DSKlausler For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), gord (6th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), Jayke (6th April 2021)

3. Link to Post #222
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

Quote Posted by DSKlausler (here)
    I'm sticking with my HBar.

A million opinions out there, but one I heard recently was HBar at $4.00 THIS YEAR. You reading this probably realize that that would be greater than 10x (even from a late-to-the-game purchase) - nice.
    Hbar is a 5-10 year minimum hold for me. I'd love it to go to $4 this year but beware whale games this bull market. They're already setting up their order books for an alt-coin season pump and dump.

https://mobile.twitter.com/drmanhash...65870745624579

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), gord (6th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (6th April 2021)

5. Link to Post #223
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,630 times in 675 posts

I'm ambivalent about HBAR. I bought a fair amount a while ago, and when it got to 3.5x the price I bought it for, I sold 1/3.5 of it, so what remains cost me 0. It doesn't matter what it does or what I do with it.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), Jayke (6th April 2021), wegge (7th April 2021)

7. Link to Post #224
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,272 times in 8,658 posts

^ that's my plan for BTC - I plan to sell 20% when it pays for the other 80%, then HODL the rest

and that may happen within a few months....
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), gord (6th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), Jayke (6th April 2021), wegge (7th April 2021)

9. Link to Post #225
    Language
    English
    Thanks

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-c...my-11617634118
    A thousand years ago, when money meant coins, China invented paper currency. Now the Chinese government is minting cash digitally, in a re-imagination of money that could shake a pillar of American power.

It might seem money is already virtual, as credit cards and payment apps such as Apple Pay in the U.S. and WeChat in China eliminate the need for bills or coins. But those are just ways to move money electronically. China is turning legal tender itself into computer code.

Cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin have foreshadowed a potential digital future for money, though they exist outside the traditional global financial system and aren’t legal tender like cash issued by governments.

China’s version of a digital currency is controlled by its central bank, which will issue the new electronic money. It is expected to give China’s government vast new tools to monitor both its economy and its people. By design, the digital yuan will negate one of bitcoin’s major draws: anonymity for the user.

Beijing is also positioning the digital yuan for international use and designing it to be untethered to the global financial system, where the U.S. dollar has been king since World War II. China is embracing digitization in many forms, including money, in a bid to gain more centralized control while getting a head start on technologies of the future that it regards as up for grabs.

“In order to protect our currency sovereignty and legal currency status, we have to plan ahead,” said Mu Changchun, who is shepherding the project at the People’s Bank of China.

[article continues at the link]

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), Jayke (7th April 2021)

11. Link to Post #226
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gord (here)
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-c...my-11617634118
    A thousand years ago, when money meant coins, China invented paper currency. Now the Chinese government is minting cash digitally, in a re-imagination of money that could shake a pillar of American power.

It might seem money is already virtual, as credit cards and payment apps such as Apple Pay in the U.S. and WeChat in China eliminate the need for bills or coins. But those are just ways to move money electronically. China is turning legal tender itself into computer code.

Cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin have foreshadowed a potential digital future for money, though they exist outside the traditional global financial system and aren’t legal tender like cash issued by governments.

China’s version of a digital currency is controlled by its central bank, which will issue the new electronic money. It is expected to give China’s government vast new tools to monitor both its economy and its people. By design, the digital yuan will negate one of bitcoin’s major draws: anonymity for the user.

Beijing is also positioning the digital yuan for international use and designing it to be untethered to the global financial system, where the U.S. dollar has been king since World War II. China is embracing digitization in many forms, including money, in a bid to gain more centralized control while getting a head start on technologies of the future that it regards as up for grabs.

“In order to protect our currency sovereignty and legal currency status, we have to plan ahead,” said Mu Changchun, who is shepherding the project at the People’s Bank of China.

[article continues at the link]
    I saw a tweet yesterday about a function built into the digital Yuan where they can set expiry times onto the currency, so if you don’t spend it before a certain date, it becomes invalid to use. The idea being, forced spending can boost the economy during slow economic growth. That kind of thing is way too distopian for me. What you supposed to do if you’re saving for a house and your deposit expires before you’ve saved enough?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Hbar news. There seems to be a good ecosystem of musicians building on the Hedera network.

Tune.fm, similar to the Opulous project being built on Algorand. Musicians can tokenise their music as NFT’s on GoMint using Hedera token service, then get paid royalties for streaming rights as you listen to their music. Lionel Eyes Records already integrating the system into their business.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lioneyesr...14518919180292

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), gord (8th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (9th April 2021), Mypos (8th April 2021)

13. Link to Post #227
    Thanks

Month in review. These numbers were pulled yesterday, so some coins have changed price already since then. Looking good for the whole crypto markets in general. Alt-coin season is seeing some blow off tops like corn popping in a microwave.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Month in review:
    Bitcoin: ($43908.90) = $50995 > $56923 = 11.6%
    Etheruem: ($1750.97) > $1760 > 2023 = 14%
    Litecoin: ($164.35) > $187 > 222.69 = 19.085%
    Bitcoin Cash: ($474.88) > $512 > 565.58 = 10.46%
    Bitcoin Gold: ($12.8868) > $19.4 = 97.04 = 400%
    CeloGold: $3.40 > $3.9 > 4.41 = 13%
    Bitcoin Sv: $188.05 < $184 > 243.95 = 32.58%
    Dash: $188.05 > $212 > 269 = 26.88 %
    Tron: $0.0378 > $0.053 > 0.1215 = 129%
    EoS: $3.55 > $3.86 > 6.22 = 61%
    Zcash: $95.93 > $127 > 175.99 = 38.5%
    Stellar: $0.397779 > $0.4119 > 0.485 = 17%
    Ripple: $0.446355 > $0.478 > 0.9618 = 101.2%
    Algorand: $0.9050 > $1.123 > 1.34 = 19%
    Hedera HBar: $0.09832 > $0.179 > 0.318 = 77.6%
    Top 5
    Bitcoin gold = 400%
    Tron = 129%
    Ripple = 101%
    Hbar = 77.6%
    EOS= 61%
    ~~~~~~~~~~

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (9th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (9th April 2021)

15. Link to Post #228
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

what is the difference between Bitcoin, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin sv?

and why is there now Ethereum 2?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), gord (9th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), Jayke (9th April 2021)

17. Link to Post #229
    Thanks

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    what is the difference between Bitcoin, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin sv?

and why is there now Ethereum 2?
    The Bitcoin forking guide can explain where the different derivations of Bitcoin come from.

As for Ethereum 2. Have you tried using the Ethereum network? The fees and speed are ridiculously expensive and slow. Ethereum has the network effect in that it’s been around longer than many other chains and has lots of decentralised finance apps built on it, but unless they upgrade to compete with newer blockchain tech (i.e. cheaper and faster) then any new people moving into blockchain development will just pick one of the newer, faster blockchains. If Ethereum doesn’t upgrade their protocol they’ll go the way of ‘Myspace’ as ‘Facebook’ came onto the scene.

https://twitter.com/martonenetworks/...18847598743552

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like how open Algorand are with their tokenomics. I only found out a couple days ago they have a Nobel prize winning economist advising them,Paul Milgram.

New all time high anticipated soon, settling down to the previous all time high of $1.8 until the 30 day moving average reaches that level. The tokenomics offer slow and steady growth and gives insight into some levels to plan any trades around.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BwNcWx/st...06526746951680

========
    Update on Early Backer Accelerated Vesting
    February 22nd, 2021 - The vesting schedule agreed by members of the Early Backers program, EIP-11252019AF, contained a vesting acceleration mechanism, which, under certain market conditions, would accelerate the vesting of these tokens and bring forward the end date of the early backer program. This acceleration mechanism does not increase the fixed, total amount of tokens in the early backer program - it increases the daily vesting amount of those tokens. The Early Backer vesting program, without acceleration, would be completed in 2024.

This acceleration mechanism is based on the 30 day rolling average value of the Algo token. When the 30 day average, on any day, exceeds the previous “high water mark” 30 day average, accelerated vesting will begin. As the new 30 day average increases so does the 30 day “new high water mark”. This daily acceleration will increase until the day when the 30 day average is below the increased 30 day “high water mark”. At this point acceleration will stop and will not restart until the 30 day average once again passes the new highest water mark.

Since February 3rd, the 30 day rolling average exceeded the previous high water mark and accelerated vesting began. Accelerated vesting has continued to date, and as of the 22nd Of February, ~615M Algo have been accelerated into circulating supply. As the current value of the Algo is now below the $1.8 level achieved in January, the 30 day rolling average may soon fall below the highest water mark and acceleration would stop - when this may happen will depend on the market and cannot be forecast to a specific day.

As a result of the accelerated vesting that occurred in 2020 and the accelerated vesting that has occurred to date in 2021, the early backer program will now complete, at the latest, by 2023. This has reduced the program duration by at least a year. If further acceleration periods occur between now and 2023, this completion date will further come forward in time.

To be clear, this vesting occurs daily and not as 1 large injection of supply. 3rd party research websites may not be updating their supply numbers on a daily or weekly basis, and as such, there may be a lag on this information being updated. The Algorand Foundation is working with these research sites to improve real-time reporting of supply. For real-time information on the token diffusion, on-chain transactions, etc. on the Algorand blockchain, please refer to the following block explorer websites: https://algoexplorer.io and https://goalseeker.io.

Further details on accelerated vesting and on token diffusion in general will be shared by the Foundation in its bi-annual transparency report.
    ==========
    Last edited by Jayke; 10th April 2021 at 07:58.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

alexius (10th April 2021), gord (10th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), leavesoftrees (10th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021)

19. Link to Post #230
    Thanks

Hedera reveals new council member, with a new updated promo video featuring the Shinhan Bank logo. Huge use case for Hbar.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hedera/st...08854008299520

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

DSKlausler (14th April 2021), gord (14th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021), Mypos (14th April 2021), Vangelo (14th April 2021)

21. Link to Post #231
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,546 times in 2,065 posts

so ... i wasn't really getting it .. but now saw this and it all made sense ...

We should defend our way of life
    to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed,

so that any adversary
    will never make such an attempt in the future.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Jayke (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021), Vangelo (16th April 2021)

23. Link to Post #232
    Thanks

Quote Posted by iota (here)

If you like you’re money earning money for you, Bitcoin is easily the best place to let it grow. Although my favourite part about Bitcoin is it’s ability to make a mockery of the whole global lockdown farce. Check out the epic rant between SaifeDean who wrote the book, The Bitcoin Standard: the decentralised alternative to central banking, and Nassim Nicolas Taleb on Twitter, the first tweet of which:

https://twitter.com/saifedean/status...08549343580161

The Bitcoin algorithm ensures it’s the most stable and scarce asset in human history. The timing of it going mainstream is very telling. Michael Saylor alludes to it with his ‘cyber hornets’ tweets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michael_s...29562321231873

Astrologically, 800 years ago (the last major Saturn/Jupiter conjunction) saw the rise of the Knights Templars and the European banking system, the Templars used the symbology of bees, symbolic of the Merovingian and ancient Egyptian pharaonic bloodlines.

800 years on, new major Saturn/Jupiter conjunction and start of a new astrological cycle. The banking system has become corrupt, the bees tyrannical. Hornets kill bees. Central banking dies, the corruption along with it. Bitcoin is as savage as a hornet in how well it takes down the old financial system.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

iota (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021)

25. Link to Post #233
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

If you like you’re money earning money for you, Bitcoin is easily the best place to let it grow. Although my favourite part about Bitcoin is it’s ability to make a mockery of the whole global lockdown farce. Check out the epic rant between SaifeDean who wrote the book, The Bitcoin Standard: the decentralised alternative to central banking, and Nassim Nicolas Taleb on Twitter, the first tweet of which:

The Bitcoin algorithm ensures it’s the most stable and scarce asset in human history. The timing of it going mainstream is very telling. Michael Saylor alludes to it with his ‘cyber hornets’ tweets.

Astrologically, 800 years ago (the last major Saturn/Jupiter conjunction) saw the rise of the Knights Templars and the European banking system, the Templars used the symbology of bees, symbolic of the Merovingian and ancient Egyptian pharaonic bloodlines.

800 years on, new major Saturn/Jupiter conjunction and start of a new astrological cycle. The banking system has become corrupt, the bees tyrannical. Hornets kill bees.

Bitcoin is as savage as a hornet in how well it takes down the old financial system.

800 years on, new major Saturn/Jupiter conjunction and start of a new astrological cycle. The banking system has become corrupt, the bees tyrannical. Hornets kill bees. Central banking dies, the corruption along with it. Bitcoin is as savage as a hornet in how well it takes down the old financial system.

OMG Jayke! where did you find this??

and just when i 'm smiling because you know i love your energy .... you introduce me to "MURDER" hornet energy!!! how ill i sleep now Jayke????

i'll just focus on the Central baking system dying i guess ... i mean its a "Death" the me .. (do we need to talk Jayke? i'm here for you ... ) but at least one that NEEDS termination .. righteouseness anyway

you didn't see my video did you? lol~

but i DO have a serious question ... what is my namesake here? know anything about it?

https://www.iota.org/

and YES ... i DO want my money to work for me! so teach away~~

so that any adversary

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Jayke (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021)

27. Link to Post #234
    Thanks

OMG Jayke! where did you find this??

and just when i 'm smiling because you know i love your energy .... you introduce me to "MURDER" hornet energy!!! how ill i sleep now Jayke????

i'll just focus on the Central baking system dying i guess ... i mean its a "Death" the me .. (do we need to talk Jayke? i'm here for you ... ) but at least one that NEEDS termination .. righteouseness anyway

you didn't see my video did you? lol~

but i DO have a serious question ... what is my namesake here? know anything about it?

https://www.iota.org/

and YES ... i DO want my money to work for me! so teach away~~
    I did watch the video, I watched it the first time it was posted on the thread a couple months ago

We’ve covered a little on your namesake a few pages back, here. German hashgraph engineering with NSA connections. It’s been performing pretty well since me and Mountain Jim bought some, up 70% in a month.

Yeah, I’m not really a fan of Michael Saylors Bitcoin ‘hornet’ metaphor, i much prefer the friendlier honey bee in real life, but I know exactly what he’s alluding to in regard to the old Knights Templar bees banking system that Bitcoin is ripping to shreds. Hornets is an apt metaphor in that regard.

Nick Fiorenza covered the Saturn/Jupiter astrological connection on his website LunarPlanner.com. Although he took ill several months ago and his website seems to be down so not sure if he’s still with us, or even if his content is preserved online anywhere. I did manage to capture a small qoute from his article in a Qanon thread though:

Quote It is interesting to note that King Philip IV of France (b. 1268 d. 1314) became King Philip I of Navaree in 1284 (through his marriage with Joan I, the queen regnant of Navarre), the exact time of the last Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto synodic confluence, which occurred during the Uranus-Pluto opposition; and that he accuses, arrests, and overthrows the Templars in 1305, the exact time of the Jupiter and Saturn synods with the Uranus-Neptune synod.
    The Templar banking system was taken over by the Knights of Malta when the Templars were disbanded. It’s been a Babylonian slavery system ever since.

Max Keiser had a great show recently, the religious metaphors can be a little over the top but as religious metaphors go and as long as you don’t take it too seriously, I thought the comparisons were brilliant, The Apocalypse of Satoshi:

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (15th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021)

29. Link to Post #235
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I did watch the video, I watched it the first time it was posted on the thread a couple months ago

We’ve covered a little on your namesake a few pages back, here. German hashgraph engineering with NSA connections. It’s been performing pretty well since me and Mountain Jim bought some, up 70% in a month.

Yeah, I’m not really a fan of Michael Saylors Bitcoin ‘hornet’ metaphor, i much prefer the friendlier honey bee in real life, but I know exactly what he’s alluding to in regard to the old Knights Templar bees banking system that Bitcoin is ripping to shreds. Hornets is an apt metaphor in that regard.

Nick Fiorenza covered the Saturn/Jupiter astrological connection on his website LunarPlanner.com. Although he took ill several months ago and his website seems to be down so not sure if he’s still with us, or even if his content is preserved online anywhere. I did manage to capture a small qoute from his article in a Qanon thread though:

Quote It is interesting to note that King Philip IV of France (b. 1268 d. 1314) became King Philip I of Navaree in 1284 (through his marriage with Joan I, the queen regnant of Navarre), the exact time of the last Jupiter-Saturn-Pluto synodic confluence, which occurred during the Uranus-Pluto opposition; and that he accuses, arrests, and overthrows the Templars in 1305, the exact time of the Jupiter and Saturn synods with the Uranus-Neptune synod.
    The Templar banking system was taken over by the Knights of Malta when the Templars were disbanded. It’s been a Babylonian slavery system ever since.

Max Keiser had a great show recently, the religious metaphors can be a little over the top but as religious metaphors go and as long as you don’t take it too seriously, I thought the comparisons were brilliant, The Apocalypse of Satoshi:

i'm sorry Jayke! you've built an impressive thread here with over 12 pages i honestly, (obviously) have not read every post!!

so the "iota" IS another currency?

that's awesome that it has done well for you and mountain Jim!! i'm afraid i'm the very worst investor possible!!

i had bought in Aaple and TSLA and even AMZN at really decent prices ... but from what i gathered? the market was going to have a serious down turn this April .. and Biden was going to do an EO or something that was also expected to have a negative downturn ... so i liquidated

since i had bought in low? i got some profit in there even though they had been dipping

well ... TODAY? TSLA went $100 higher per share than when i sold .. AMZN $300 higher ... and apple decided to break the $125 barrier and soar AFTER i liquidated

so i'm kinda down on my own judgement right now
    Last edited by iota; 15th April 2021 at 10:48.

so that any adversary

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iota For This Post:

Jayke (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021), wegge (15th April 2021)

31. Link to Post #236
    Thanks

i'm sorry Jayke! you've built an impressive thread here with over 12 pages i honestly, (obviously) have not read every post!!

that's awesome that it has done well for you and mountain Jim!! i'm afraid i'm the very worst investor possible!!

i had bought in Aaple and TSLA and even AMZN at really decent prices ... but from what i gathered? the market was going to have a serious down turn this April .. and Biden was going to do an EO or something that was also expected to have a negative downturn ... so i liquidated

since i had bought in low? i got some profit in there even though they had been dipping

well ... TODAY? TSLA went $100 higher per share than when i sold .. AMZN $300 higher ... and apple decided to break the $125 barrier and soar AFTER i liquidated

I’ve been there, the market has a funny skill for going against you the moment you decide to enter or exit a position. March was a choppy month, I got sliced and diced a few times. I managed to preserve my capital though and April is shaping up to be much more profitable. I’ve been using an indicator called market cipher on tradingview, which gives a good idea of which way the momentum of a market is flowing. There’s a free clone version called ‘vumanchu cipher B’.

I’m in a good short position on Bitcoin right now actually. Will I get wicked out though? I dunno, always risky shorting in a bull market.

Cryptoface, the guy that wrote the code for market cipher has a fun and catchy little tune for traders. ‘You see the market going up, up, up, up... you know it’s going to go down!”

The IOTA blockchain is competing against Hedera Hbar in the hashgraph space, which is a technology fundamental to the way ‘The Internet of Things’ will work. Although there is room for both to be used alongside each other. Would I buy in at its current price? Everything in crypto goes up near the end of a Bitcoin bull market, so if you time it right there’ll be good money to be made. I’d say Hbar is probably a safer long term investment though due to the behemoth companies supporting the role out of their infrastructure.

Investing is much easier than trading. I’m only trading Bitcoin because it’s fun, hodling Hbar and Algorand long term is where I can see most of the money being made.
    Last edited by Jayke; 15th April 2021 at 17:34.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (15th April 2021), iota (15th April 2021), leavesoftrees (15th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021)

33. Link to Post #237
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I’ve been there, the market has a funny skill for going against you the moment you decide to enter or exit a position. March was a choppy month, I got sliced and diced a few times. I managed to preserve my capital though and April is shaping up to be much more profitable. I’ve been using an indicator called market cipher on tradingview, which gives a good idea of which way the momentum of a market is flowing. There’s a free clone version called ‘vumanchu cipher B’.

I’m in a good short position on Bitcoin right now actually. Will I get wicked out though? I dunno, always risky shorting in a bull market.

Cryptoface, the guy that wrote the code for market cipher has a fun and catchy little tune for traders. ‘You see the market going up, up, up, up... you know it’s going to go down!”

The IOTA blockchain is competing against Hedera Hbar in the hashgraph space, which is a technology fundamental to the way ‘The Internet of Things’ will work. Although there is room for both to be used alongside each other. Would I buy in at its current price? Everything in crypto goes up in near the end of a Bitcoin bull market, so if you time it right there’ll be good money to be made. I’d say Hbar is probably a safer long term investment though due to the behemoth companies supporting the role out of their infrastructure.

Investing is much easier than trading. I’m only trading Bitcoin because it’s fun, hodling Hbar and Algorand long term is where I can see most of the money being made.
    thanks Jayke!! i appreciate the advice!! ... oh and what about COIN?

i grabbed a couple of shares @ $360 so ... OF COURSE it dipped down to $310 ... against my better judgement (which we've already established, is just not that great right now) FOMO got me and i bought in again @ $312

do you see that as good trading stock right now? or investment for the long haul? or should just stop for now ... sell all except GME tomorrow and and wait til the stars feel more aligned for me?
    Last edited by iota; 15th April 2021 at 10:41. Reason: format

so that any adversary

34. The Following User Says Thank You to iota For This Post:

Jayke (16th April 2021)

35. Link to Post #238
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,272 times in 8,658 posts

So far I don't trade - been buying since last April when my wife got me to start watching the Keiser Report, and I bought Bitcoin for around $10k, then some more on way up to $34k. (hindsight wish I had bought more)

Up so much on that BTC, but HODLing with crossed-fingers every day. The others I have much smaller amounts of, just to watch and learn.

I bought the Voyager stock (VYGVF), was up 75% but it dropped alot on COIN IPO yesterday, and now down to only up 37%.

Think that might be a good long-term hold, but it also has wide-swings for traders to play.

(I have yet to sell any of my purchases in crypto)

later: one reason I stay nervous with paper profits - many opinions like this, and who can really know at this point?

Quote Source: Bloomberg

Finally, we note that Bank of America released a new survey that found that the majority of professional investors are not very optimistic about the world’s largest cryptocurrency. Nearly 75% of respondents in the April Bank of America Fund Manager Survey said that they see Bitcoin (BTC) as a “bubble,” CNBC reported.
    on the other hand

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/bre...6-billion-fund

Quote We give Peters the last word:

"The hostile pundits, of course, see manias in all things digital. But throughout human history, not a single bubble ever burst when virtually no one understood what was going on. Rather, that was when the fun had only just begun."

Trade accordingly.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 15th April 2021 at 18:18.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

gord (15th April 2021), iota (21st April 2021), Jayke (16th April 2021)

37. Link to Post #239
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

I truly am surprised at how many people on Avalon are investing in bitcoin and cryptocurrency... For one it is not tangible, hold in the hand wealth. It is all online, and while being traded easily now, it could easily be stopped at any time with someone blocking any funds, by way of key swipes... Secondly, it is investing.. And in my opinion, just another way to tax the next generation...

I have always felt most "Trading" was based upon the futures of anything. And what makes those futures tangible? The work of the many, our children, grandchildren. I see stocks and bonds as nothing more than future debt slavery, not the success of the "now... " So while this may be new and exciting, and at times profitable for those who get the right ones, at whose expense?

I wonder how many people that are buying and trading such things, that are also worried about being microchipped? As this seems just another part in the whole.. Get in trouble for upsetting someone, your chip is turned off, and so is your access to your digital money... High stakes gambling really....

I can see the draw, it was pushed out as NON governmental money.. Something new to get us away from the paper stock that is being printed out of control.. both, still being issued with the guarantee that in the future, it will be paid. So in my opinion while new and exciting for many, it is a perpetuation into even more chaos, rather than an alternative solution away from debt slavery.

I do own shares, stocks in a company I worked for, but I saw that as a return on the efforts of those working for that company.. I never bought stocks elsewhere... I saw my investments as investments in the family of employees I worked with, to grow the business we all cared about. I knew I worked hard, as did those around me, and as such, our efforts would increase profits.

To me, I feel that buying at a start up is different... It helps the little guys get off of the ground, but after that? I have mixed feelings in any stock market... Because I see humanity as the stock.. The cattle that drives the markets or herds.. And I wish that the system wasn't set up in the way it is.

Personally I buy things that are tangible, gold, coins, things I can hold and would have to be ripped from my hands should things go south... and while that may not give me much profit? It is something that can't be harmed in a paperwork mishap, or a computer glitch...
    Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Denise/Dizi; 15th April 2021 at 15:08.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Elainie (15th April 2021), gord (15th April 2021), Jayke (16th April 2021), mountain_jim (15th April 2021)

39. Link to Post #240
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A couple of quick searches for +gary+gensler+crypto and +brian+brooks+crypto could turn up some interesting information for people.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (17th April 2021), Jayke (16th April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 12 22 32 LastLast