+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1 7 17 32 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

Quote Posted by Michi (here)
    Attachment 46190
    BTC and HBAR and BNB and ETH and XLM and XMR and possibly other cryptos made quite a dip around 15:00 (CET) my time and recovering slowly.
    Anyone around here, who knows what happened.
    (One speculation I read was that Musk first praised and lately criticized bitcoin.)
    The whole market took a nosedive. Even Algorand briefly dipped down to 50cents on Kraken, before bouncing back to a previous support line. The interesting thing about Bitcoin is you can see which wallet addresses have been making moves. Bitboy Ben traced it back to who he suspects are the culprits in todays show. Looks like big money moves to manipulate market prices. Probably driving down prices on purpose so their buddies can scoop everything up at knock down prices.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (23rd February 2021), Mark (24th February 2021), Michi (22nd February 2021)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

Lots of news on Algorand Insider (Algorands official email newsletter), to coincide with the big dips in price again today. Good time to buy the dips.

=========
    Continued Momentum: Latest Highlights

Stablecoin Use Accelerates on Algorand with Exchange Support

Marking a major milestone for stablecoin accessibility, the Algorand Foundation is excited to see several leading exchanges announce their support for USDT and USDC, the two most widely used stablecoins, on Algorand. Read More

Floating Point Group Announces Support For Circle's USDC on Algorand

Floating Point Group announced they will leverage Circle's USDC on Algorand for capital efficiency improvements. With USDCa support, FPG’s customers will benefit from Algorand's high performance and instant transaction finality. Read More

Brazilian Real-backed Stablecoin Launches on Algorand

Transfero Swiss announced that BRZ, the Brazilian real-backed stablecoin, launched on Algorand. This will expand the reach and use cases for BRZ across a range of faster payments and financial applications. Read More

Xfinite and Algorand Form Strategic Partnership With Eye on Mass Adoption

Xfinite, built on the Algorand blockchain, aims to create a blockchain-based media ecosystem from which the next generation of digital media and entertainment decentralized apps (dApps) can function and flourish. Read More

Algorand Launches Official Wallet Website

The Algorand Wallet website has officially launched! Featuring the latest Algorand Wallet information, resources, tutorials and full support. Read More

Introducing Algorand Node for Windows

Rand Labs announced the launch of the first Algorand Node installer for Windows. Now anyone with a Microsoft Windows based PC can run a node and participate in consensus. Read More

An Introduction to Stablecoins for Banks and Fintechs

Need a refresher on stablecoins? Barry Finkelstein walks through what stablecoins are, how they provide price-stability and why leading stablecoins choose to operate on Algorand in his latest blog. Read More

Smart Contracts in Finance: A Guide for Financial Institutions and Fintechs

In this new guide, discover what smart contracts are, how they work, and how they will be deployed in the future of global finance. Read More
    ========
    Last edited by Jayke; 23rd February 2021 at 10:22.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

DSKlausler (23rd February 2021), gord (23rd February 2021), mab777 (23rd February 2021), Mark (24th February 2021), wegge (23rd February 2021)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member DSKlausler's Avatar
    Language
    Kings' English (colored)
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DSKlausler (here)
    So, as you all have read, I intend on throwing some money at crypto.

Checked up on my buddies at the IRS - yes, for now, crypto is "property" and taxable for a number of transactions - including, of course, GAINS.

As far as earnings go, am I understanding this correctly?
    • I buy and do NOTHING other than hold in my wallet
    • I "stake" (if I qualify) my holdings, and the exchange "pays" me additional crypto at defined rates
    • I eventually sell/cashout high[er] and hopefully reap the difference between purchase price and sell price

Forgot to mention:
    MoonPay through WallaWallet is DIFFERENT than directly through MoonPay.com... questions pending with Support.
    Waiting for my bank to test the handshaking to CoinZoom.
    Anything is possible with the proper training.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSKlausler For This Post:

gord (23rd February 2021), Jayke (23rd February 2021)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks

Checked up on my buddies at the IRS - yes, for now, crypto is "property" and taxable for a number of transactions - including, of course, GAINS.

• I "stake" (if I qualify) my holdings, and the exchange "pays" me additional crypto at defined rates
    • I eventually sell/cashout high[er] and hopefully reap the difference between purchase price and sell price

Forgot to mention:
    MoonPay through WallaWallet is DIFFERENT than directly through MoonPay.com... questions pending with Support.
    Bitboy Ben did a show yesterday on tax laws and advice for US cryptocurrency holders. Probably nothing you don’t already know, but always worth a recap.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

DSKlausler (23rd February 2021), gord (23rd February 2021), Mark (24th February 2021), onevoice (24th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

Standard Bank in Africa becomes governing council member of Hedera. The Reserve Bank of Australia prompts an interesting merger with EFTPOS. Hederas governing council member in Australia:

============
    Standard Bank Group establishes Africa’s first Hedera network node

Standard Bank Group establishes Africa’s first Hedera network node to enable much-needed digitisation of cross-border trade processes

Johannesburg, South Africa and Dallas, TX – 23 February 2021

Standard Bank Group, the largest African bank by assets, has partnered with Hedera Hashgraph, an enterprise-grade distributed public ledger, and joined the Hedera Governing Council. Standard Bank will establish the continent’s first Hedera network node, which is set to solve some of the sore points that have historically beset the development of cross-border trade.

Lengthy settlement periods, information asymmetry between multiple parties involved in a transaction, which ends up creating delays in receiving approval from intermediaries, are some of the challenges that create bottlenecks in cross-border trade. Further, there is little to no visibility or transparency for all parties involved.

Hedera’s distributed ledger technology (DLT) effectively allows for the sharing of information between two parties involved in a transaction and ensures that that information or data is in fact credible and authentic – without the need for a trusted intermediary. Transactions conducted via the DLT platform are not confirmed until all data fields and conditions are met. This creates a transparent environment and allows for trades to be settled faster and more efficiently.

Standard Bank Group has been a pioneer in leveraging blockchain and distributed ledger technologies to bring speed and transparency to its large and growing customer base across Africa. It has leveraged this technology for several use cases, including foreign exchange (FX) payments and settlement across partner banks, clients, and counterparties involved in trades.

“As an organisation, we have established that blockchain technology can track and leapfrog legacy issues that prevent a seamless and transparent payment experience for the customer, which ultimately enables cost savings for all stakeholders,” comments Adrian Vermooten, Standard Bank’s Chief Innovation Officer:

“It is within our vision to enable the group and our clients to connect with networks, within and outside of the Standard Bank Group. These developments form part of our strategic objective to drive digital transformation both within the organisation, and with our partners as a key tenet of delivering value for clients.”

While domestic payments are already instant, cheap and transparent, cross-border transactions are subject to several complications such as dependency on banking networks. Many of these challenges are removed when conducting cross-border payments with digital currencies like stablecoins based on a DLT platform. Stablecoins are designed to minimise price volatility by pegging the currency to a relative or particular “stable” asset or basket of assets. The digital currency provides instant settlement and high liquidity and visibility, which in turn helps businesses to track the process and manage their own liquidity needs. This is critical in the current cash-crunch environment.

“As we see increasing interest in Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), tokenization of assets, and utilization of stablecoins, it has become increasingly clear that digitization of assets will impact all facets of our business, and we must strategically plan for these pieces to work seamlessly together,” said Ian Putter, Head of DLT/Blockchain at Standard Bank Group.

Mance Harmon, CEO and co-founder of Hedera Hashgraph, said, “We are seeing an evolution, as organizations and their business partners recognize the value of harnessing the best of private and public distributed ledgers together. Standard Bank has been a trailblazer in its use of DLT to further its mission of developing platforms to engage with and support communities and businesses wherever they operate, and creating more value socially, economically and environmentally for these communities.”

As part of the partnership, Standard Bank joins the Hedera Governing Council – a growing network of the world’s largest enterprises and organizations, including Avery Dennison, Boeing, Dentons, Deutsche Telekom, DLA Piper, eftpos, FIS (WorldPay), Google, IBM, LG Electronics, Magalu, Nomura, Swirlds, Tata Communications, University College London (UCL), Wipro, and Zain Group.

Members of the Hedera Governing Council are responsible for running the initial nodes of the Hedera network, as well as guiding both strategy and software development, over a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms. This ensures stability and is conducive to maintaining diversity and decentralization of the public network, with a governance model that eliminates the risk of forks, safeguards users, and preserves the integrity of the Hedera network.
    =========
    New Payments Platform Australia Merges With Eftpos, BPAY

New Payments Platform Australia (NPPA), which oversees all transactions through Australia's updated payment system, has announced that it will merge with Eftpos and BPAY, according to a report from ZDNet.

The new combined company will help to make a more unified entity that will help cut costs, boost efficiency and be better positioned to compete with overseas multinational payments programs, the report stated. The new company will have a single board with members of all three companies.

The Reserve Bank of Australia prompted the merger after a review, noting that the consolidation of some local payment groups should be considered, the report stated.

"In Australia, international card schemes and multinational technology providers are dominating the payments sector," the companies said in a statement. "Change is needed to ensure that the Australian payments system supports the best interests of consumers and businesses, through increased choice and competition."

In February, Australia's central bank was considering the necessity of stopping banks from automatically re-routing "tap and go" card payments through large companies like Visa and Mastercard when they could be using Eftpos due to its status as a local payment provider and its cheaper overall rates, PYMNTS reported.

The central bank said using Visa and Mastercard could end up costing double what Eftpos does. And Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) Philip Lowe said he thought the localized nature of Eftpos, owned by Australian financial institutions, was more beneficial for the country.

The ZDNet report noted there are other mergers happening, such as ANZ Bank entering into a joint venture with Worldline, a European payments player. That merger will give a boost to small businesses, commercial and institutional customers looking for quick, secure and reliable point-of-sale (POS) payments.

Mark Hand, group executive of Australia retail and commercial banking at ANZ, said the partnership "responds to the fast-changing way that consumers want to pay for goods and services, particularly in a post-COVID environment," according to the report
    =========

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (24th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Good Monero chat. Talking price predictions at around the 35 minute mark. If trends continue they’re predicting a $37,000 price tags per coin by 2027. Hopium or is that the way the entire market is moving over a 6 year time period?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

wegge (24th February 2021)

13. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

I’ve just added a small amount of Polymath to my portfolio. They’ve partnered with WSBA (Wall Street Blockchain Alliance), who I found through their connections to Algorand. Polymath are spearheading the regulation of security tokens for institutional use. An all time high of $1.6 in Feb 2018, it dropped to $0.2 in the recent crypto market bloodbath, but on its way back up.

As the old investment strategy goes, “Buy when there’s blood in the streets, even if it’s your own”
    Last edited by Jayke; 24th February 2021 at 13:01.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

wegge (24th February 2021)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

Revisiting Hedera Hbars connection to the blackrock cult of Saturnalia as discussed here

Crypto mason points out that Hbar (the letter h with a bar across the top) is literally the glyph for Saturn in astrology.

Saturn's symbol:

Hbar symbol:

Last edited by Jayke; 24th February 2021 at 13:40.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

DSKlausler (24th February 2021), gord (24th February 2021), mountain_jim (5th March 2021), wegge (24th February 2021)

17. Link to Post #129
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,204 times in 437 posts

One can even now buy Sushi
    (... waiting for Hamburger ...)

... or Döner

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1inch.exchange-2021.02.24-15_17_26-2.png
Views:	61
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	46198

Last edited by Michi; 24th February 2021 at 17:05.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

gord (24th February 2021), Jayke (24th February 2021)

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

Breaking news:

Company associated with the plan to turn Miami into the cryptocurrency capital of the US has pledged to buy $4.8billion worth of Bitcoin (100,000 bitcoins).

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (25th February 2021), Matthew (24th February 2021), Michi (24th February 2021), wegge (24th February 2021)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

This is genius. Shouldn’t expect anything less from MIT and Silvio Micalis team over at Algorand. There was a lot of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) on Algorands telegram channel yesterday as the markets turned into a bloodbath. Lots of people complaining about Algorands long term distribution plan artificially keeping down prices. Apparantly it’s in the token economics white papers that every time the Algo coin looks like it’s going to break too far above the 30 day moving average, more coins are injected into the market to keep the price lower, this keeps the price from inflating too dramatically, which enables new developers to get onboard and start building new products on the platform.

This long term tokenomics strategy led to accusations that Algorand was just another stable coin and was doomed to be kept at low prices forever.

As though in a direct response to those complaints, Algorand announced today their own Algorand stable coin as a separate entity to the original coin. Where you’ll be able to use your Algo as collateral to mint a $wAlgoO stable coin tethered to the price of the dollar.

==========
    Algorand and OpenDAO — Joining Forces

February 24th, 2021 - OpenDAO is happy to announce that they are welcoming Algorand into their DeFi family. Work has already begun on the process for creating the $wAlgoO stable coin with wAlgo as collateral!

Algorand’s efforts to build open source software for an inclusive ecosystem have created a cascade of opportunity throughout the cryptospace and our team and community are beyond excited to be a part of it. We look forward to making the future happen together!

-Sean Qian, OpenDAO Cofounder

What is OpenDAO?

OpenDAO (OPEN) serves as a bridge for real-world assets to cross over into the growing DeFi infrastructure. The goal is to bring more value into the space by providing exposure to real estate, stocks, and more… all in a uniquely permissionless and seamless manner.

Currently, the protocol is developing a suite of ‘flagship stablecoins’ [DOGEO, OCEANO, and DSDO are in development.] This will eventually culminate in a new stable coin backed by the world around you: starting with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other crypto assets as collateral, but steadily moving to include more off-chain assets and on-chain assets as 2021 progresses.

User Benefits: Mint an $Algo backed Stablecoin

The process for using Algo as collateral to mint a dollar-pegged stablecoin ($wAlgoO) with OpenDAO is underway! But, what’s in it for the end user? If you’re an Algo holder and you’re long on the Algorand Protocol, but want to free up some capital, ‘double down’ on Algo, or diversify your investments, the $wAlgoO stable coin was created with you in mind. The Algo hodler community can convert their Algo to wAlgo and then into the new stable coin. $wAlgoO minters will be able to easily convert their stablecoin to $USDC or similar for deployment elsewhere or will be able to add their newly minted stable coins to the soon-to-come wAlgoO/USDC pool and receive both $Algo and $OPEN as rewards for being a liquidity provider! The process will be streamlined and made as intuitive as possible. The net result is more utility for holders and increased scarcity as a result of removing Algo from circulation.

Audits by OpenZeppelin are now finished, so we expect this process to take only a couple more weeks to complete; you can be sure we will keep you updated!
    ==========

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

DSKlausler (25th February 2021), gord (25th February 2021), wegge (1st March 2021)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

Huge use case for Hbar Hedera NFT Token Service. Adding trust to branded goods to prove legitimacy of a product. Say goodbye to cheap, counterfeit, knock-off goods being sold as legit on eBay and Amazon.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (26th February 2021)

25. Link to Post #133
    Language
    Kings' English (colored)
    Thanks

Forgot to mention:
    Hey, I don't know if you had difficulty establishing a connection to your source of funds, but here is what my current script looks like:
    • Create CoinZoom account
      Create Wire Transfer in MyBank
      MyBank says they sent a Test Transfer (<10USD)
      CoinZoom says they have not received any such Test Transfer
      MyBank says CoinZoom account refuses transfers IN GENERAL

Yes, I have involved Support on BOTH ends.
    Yes, both ends say that I have done everything "properly" and complete.

This can't be the norm, is it?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSKlausler For This Post:

gord (26th February 2021), Jayke (26th February 2021)

27. Link to Post #134
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 times in 567 posts

Forgot to mention:
    Hey, I don't know if you had difficulty establishing a connection to your source of funds, but here is what my current script looks like:

I suspect it is caused by the ACH system failure this week:

The Fed’s system that allows banks to send money back and forth went down for several hours

I have a friend in the banking industry who was on a con-call with the Treasury about this issue. They said it was an internal system failure and not an external attack. I am skeptical ...
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

29. Link to Post #135
    Language
    Kings' English (colored)
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)

Forgot to mention:

I suspect it is caused by the ACH system failure this week:

The Fed’s system that allows banks to send money back and forth went down for several hours

I have a friend in the banking industry who was on a con-call with the Treasury about this issue. They said it was an internal system failure and not an external attack. I am skeptical ...
    CoinZoom tells me that there is a difference between an electronic transfer and a wire transfer.
    A wire transfer goes thru the Fedwire system, bank to bank.

An electronic transfer and/or ACH does not,
    I saw no distinction on MyBank.

Waiting on MyBank Support...

Edited here:
    MyBank is not clear at all on transfers, but I have been shown the error of my ways.
    A new WIRE Transfer will be attempted - as soon as their web site stops spinning and lets me in.
    Last edited by DSKlausler; 26th February 2021 at 15:44.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DSKlausler For This Post:

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

CoinZoom tells me that there is a difference between an electronic transfer and a wire transfer.
    A wire transfer goes thru the Fedwire system, bank to bank.

An electronic transfer and/or ACH does not,
    I saw no distinction on MyBank.

Waiting on MyBank Support...

Edited here:
    MyBank is not clear at all on transfers, but I have been shown the error of my ways.
    A new WIRE Transfer will be attempted - as soon as their web site stops spinning and lets me in.
    I’m still waiting for my CoinZoom provisional period to finish before I can order their VISA card and take the account for a spin properly. It was a 30 day provisional period for the amount I put in. Joseph Farrell did his last News and Views from the Nefarium on the FED system going down, he’s heavy into the FUD around the whole cryptocurrency scene.

~~~~~~~~~

Some curious dot-connecting going on in the Hedera telegram chat today, surrounding the private banking blockchain CORDA merging with Google cloud. CORDA is said to be the blockchain Canada are building their stable coin digital currency on, unlike other blockchains CORDA is currently unavailable for public purchase and may be kept business to business..

=========
    HSBC moves Corda Enterprise blockchain technology to the Google Cloud

HSBC has become the first financial institution to move software firm R3’s blockchain platform Corda Enterprise onto Google Cloud.

The bank currently uses R3’s Corda technology for Digital Vault, HSBC’s custody blockchain platform. The move will cut client onboarding times from months to weeks, improving the client experience and significantly reducing costs.

Moving the Corda technology to Google Cloud gives the bank the option to move more of the transaction lifecycle on to the ledger in future, including issuing digital tokens instead of paper certificates.

The Digital Vault service, launched in November 2019, digitises the transaction records of private placement assets including equity, debt and real estate.

According to HSBC, this enables global custody clients to access details of their private assets directly and in real-time instead of having to request a search of paper-based records.

The Digital Vault is currently available in Asia and will be rolled out in other regions in due course.

R3’s Corda platform enables businesses to transact directly and privately using smart contracts, reducing transaction and record-keeping costs and streamlining business operations.

Gaurav Aggarwal, head of distributed ledger technology and tokenisation, markets and securities services, HSBC, says: “Being the first organisation to move Corda technology to Google Cloud is a further sign of HSBC’s commitment to blockchain and cloud technologies.”

Aggarwal continues: “As well as cutting onboarding times and reducing costs, it will help us prepare for the future, in which the full transaction lifecycle could be stored on a distributed ledger.”

Cathy Minter, chief revenue officer at R3, comments: “Blockchain’s potential in supporting the custody of future digital asset classes is immense, and we have already seen this in practice with HSBC’s Digital Vault service. As HSBC moves Corda onto Google Cloud, clients will benefit from faster onboarding times and reduced costs. Corda was built with the highest standards of privacy and security in mind.”

According to Minter, the platform is ideally suited to empower HSBC’s global custody clients to access details of their private assets securely, and in real time.
    =========

The speculation is that CORDA will be merging with Hedera since Google is on Hederas governing council, and the obvious tokenisation potential of Hbar aligning with CORDA’s intent to tokenise assets.

Someone decided to follow the money on Hederas ledger and found these interesting entries.

corda.h21.aochain.net:10096
    corda.h21.aochain.net:10099
    corda.h21.aochain.net:10102

“Central Renaissance Bank” of Rome, “Bank Dei Medici” of Milan, “Bank Dei Paschi” of Siena. Lots of big money players moving assets through the polkadot network to integrate CORDA and Hedera accounts.

Seems like a good time to add a few Polkadot tokens to the portfolio.

Edit: Just bought some Polkadot on Kraken and they currently offer 12% APY for staking it on their platform.
    Last edited by Jayke; 26th February 2021 at 21:38.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (26th February 2021), wegge (27th February 2021)

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

One digital artist makes $3.5million in a weekend auctioning his NFT digital art collections.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (27th February 2021), meeradas (27th February 2021), wegge (27th February 2021)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

Algorand helping to shakeup the music industry with its partnership with Ditto and Rand Labs to produce Opulous. Ditto already has a user base of 250,000 and has helped collect $1billion worth of royalties for their artists.

=============
    Ditto rolls out blockchain-powered finance solution for streaming artists
    by Andre Paine
    February 1st 2021 at 12:01AM

Ditto has announced Opulous, a peer-to-peer platform to help increase artists’ access to capital without the need for traditional institutions such as banks.

As a global music distribution and record label services company, Ditto has processed more than $1 billion in royalties to date.

Now the company is rolling out a decentralised finance (DeFi) offering backed by music as an asset class. Opulous will function as a loan pool that artists can borrow from and also contribute towards.

For those artists looking to borrow money, the loan is guaranteed against the artist’s past streaming revenues with the copyrights they own held as collateral. Meanwhile, artists, and other investors, will also be able to pay into Opulous’ Music Copyright Pools, earning 10% per annum on any contributions they make.

Opulous will use blockchain technology to connect investors with artists needing a loan, driving fresh investment into an industry that is set to double revenues over the next decade. Smart contracts will automate monthly premium and interest repayments and direct profits straight to investors.

Ditto CEO Lee Parsons (pictured) said: “Musicians are often largely overlooked when it comes to traditional banking loans, or the terms are so unfavourable it isn’t worth their time. Using DeFi, Opulous cuts out traditional banking, providing musicians with a platform with minimal interest payments, while giving investors the chance to stake a claim in one of the most exciting and fastest growing financial industries in the world.”

Opulous cuts out traditional banking, providing musicians a platform with minimal interest payments

Lee Parsons
    “Using blockchain technology to democratise the access to the music’s capital markets is really disruptive and unique,” added David Garcia, CEO and managing partner of Borderless Capital.

“We are excited to back the Opulous platform and for the opportunities this is bringing to investors and music artists. By building on top of the Algorand blockchain, Opulous platform will perform as one of the first real world DeFi applications.”

The idea was inspired by Ditto’s 250,000-plus users, many of whom hold their streaming revenues in their accounts and who also may not be eligible for financial support through traditional means. Opulous, which is also open those not using Ditto, provides new venture for investors while providing the option of financial support for artists who are looking to fund the next stage of their careers.

Currently in development by Ditto and RandLabs, Opulous is being built on Algorand’s public blockchain. Founded in 2017 by cryptographer Silvio Micali, Algorand is an open source public blockchain based on a pure proof-of-stake consensus protocol that supports quick, efficient and secure transactions anywhere in the world.

Opulous has already raised $1.5 million in its seed round of funding, including support from Borderless Capital, TrustVerse, Somesing, BASIC, and Kosmos Capital, with Elastos confirmed as one of the first staking partners. A minimal viable product (MVP) is expected in two months.
    ==========

Some of these other new startups look interesting as well. TrustVerse is partnered with Samsung and Microsoft, as well as some Korean brands I’ve never heard of. They have a low market cap token that’s currently 2cents on bithumb exchange.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/trustverse

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (28th February 2021), meeradas (27th February 2021), wegge (27th February 2021)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

Digging a little deeper into the Hedera founders, Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon. Their impressive credentials and background has got me thinking this hashgraph/blockchain tech has already been in use by the Secret Space Program for 20 years and they’re just slow dripping it out now for public consumption.

Both Air Force men, Leemon reminds me of Daniel Jackson from the Stargate SG1 tv series.

Mance Harmon was in charge of the cyber command unit the movie ‘WarGames’ was based on, as he says when he introduces himself in this interview.

~~~~~~~~~~

These 2 men are set to become among the wealthiest people on the planet if their token economics plan and schedule is upheld.

https://hedera.com/hh-hbar-coin-econ...-060320-v3.pdf

Instant billionaires if Hbar moves to a $1 price point, as they both hold 2 billion Hbars each for being the inventors of the tech.

Quote FOUNDERS & EARLY EXECUTIVES
    Hedera’s co-founders and early members of management also invested in SAFTs and, as part of their compensation, received coin grants. Accounting for coins they may receive through coin grants and the coins they will receive under their SAFTs, Dr. Baird and Mr. Harmon (together, the “Founders”) each have a right to just over 5% of the total coin supply. Dr. Baird and Mr. Harmon each have a coin grant of two billion hbars in total allocation (4% of the total supply of 50 billion hbars), each vesting over a six-year period.
    Yet their token economics and the security of the network depends on the price of Hbars being unaffordable for malicious groups to buy 1/3rd of the network. In a political climate where governments can print trillions of dollar at a whim and keep the accounting off the books. At what price point does it become feasible to keep malicious groups from buying up the network? A third of 50billion is small change for some groups. The market cap would have to be in the trillions to quadrillions to secure the network surely. Which means a Hbar price of $100-$1000 at the minimum would be required to secure the network.

Hedera has to pump the price before 2025 in order to move from a “permissioned” to a “permissionless” network and achieve its decentralisation goals. (Their 6 year release plan 2019-2025 can be found on page 20).
    Quote COIN DISTRIBUTION
    To ensure the Hedera network is secure under a permissionless model, the network’s coins must be widely distributed. Coins represent the “stake” of voting power in Hedera’s proof-of-stake consensus model – more coins equal more voting power over consensus. Thus, to ensure the security of the network, hbars need to be widely distributed so no attacker or group of attackers can amass control over one-third of the coins.
    Hedera aims to combine a “path to permissionless” with a “path to widespread coin distribution” to keep the network secure while working to achieve greater decentralization.
    First, until coins are sufficiently distributed, Hedera will remain a permissioned network. For the security of the network, the network will remain permissioned until the total value of all the circulating coins is high enough to be too expensive for a malicious user (or group of users) to buy a third of them to conduct an attack.
    When proxy-staking is introduced, there will also be a cap on how many hbars can be proxy-staked to a single node.
    Second, Hedera has a slow and measured release schedule such that no more than 34% of all hbars are expected to be released until 2025. This slow release schedule is intended to provide for the stable and orderly growth of the network so that it can reach scale without sacrificing the safety necessary for a truly useful and widespread network that realizes the promise of building a trusted, empowering and secure online world. It is also tailored to match projected user needs to discourage excessive speculation in the coins. In addition, by publicly communicating the expected release schedule and requiring any material changes to be implemented through the vote and signature of a diverse set of Governing Council members, Hedera provides transparency and predictability about the total circulating supply of coins to further dampen speculation, minimize information asymmetry, and protect against market manipulation.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another company to pay attention to is QuantStamp, they seem to be working with Hedera to secure and audit any CBDC stable coins that’ll be operating on the Hedera network.

Formally verifying Hederas stablecoin framework

QuantStamp has an impressive team and are already working with lots of leaders in the cryptocurrency industry. Positioning themselves to be the Deloitte of the cryptosphere. Considering the team behind this and the companies and institutions they’re already working with, I’d say the QuantStamp digital token is currently undervalued at less than 4cents. I’m adding a small bag to my portfolio.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (1st March 2021), leavesoftrees (1st March 2021), wegge (1st March 2021)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

Quote First, until coins are sufficiently distributed, Hedera will remain a permissioned network. For the security of the network, the network will remain permissioned until the total value of all the circulating coins is high enough to be too expensive for a malicious user (or group of users) to buy a third of them to conduct an attack.
    What is to stop a malicious user from buying up big at this early stage when HBar is affordable

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

gord (1st March 2021), Jayke (1st March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1 7 17 32 LastLast