+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst 1 18 28 32 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

1. Link to Post #541
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

Quote Posted by ThePythonicCow (here)
    My preference for crypto is, like with open source operating systems and the open standards underlying Internet, for multiple competing, interoperating, mostly open cryptocurrency projects.

Thus we can replace the monopoly on our civilization's monetary system that the central banks have obtained (bombing back to the stone age any nation that wouldn't "join the club"), with a diverse, underlying, openly accessible, panorama of competing monetary alternatives.

Thus we can throw off the "cross of gold" that William Jennings Bryan warned us Americans of, back in 1986, as the New York bankers were working to shut down the use of silver as the common man's currency, and to stop independent banks from issuing their own gold and silver backed currencies.

The world monopoly over our "fungible assets", by the Banksters, must come to an end, just as the world (near) monopoly over distant communication that was once held by those who owned radio and TV antennas or who bought ink by the barrel has come to an end with the Internet.

Murray N. Rothbard spoke to this need to end the Banksters monopoly over our money, in this 1992 interview: Monetary Competition: The Best Alternative to Razing Central Banks to the Ground.
    Charles Hoskinson, of Cardano (ADA), has been working this for years now. He understands far better than I do what it will take to build a new, robust, global, decentralized, monetary system.

This interview is over an hour long (sorry), but it's a great listen to understand what it will take, and where we are so far, on building this new global monetary system, to replace the one we've been using for the last 6,000 years.

My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

David Trd1 (9th October 2021), gord (5th October 2021), Jayke (4th October 2021), mountain_jim (4th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (6th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #542
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

I’m going to miss Algorands accelerated vesting program. Managed to buy way more Algo at discount prices than I thought I’d be able to when I first got into crypto. Without the accelerated vesting suppressing the price, and the new governance model just beginning, we should see some real price discovery on Algo over the next couple months.

~~~~~~~~~~
    Accelerated Vesting Complete
    October 5th, 2021 - The Algorand Foundation is happy to announce the completion of EIP- 11252019AF, the Accelerated Vesting Program linked to the Algorand Early Backer / Node Runner program. As of today, October 5th, approx. 3.1Bn Algo linked to this program has been vested. As a result of this year’s multiple accelerated vesting events, circulating supply of the Algo is now ~6.15Bn Algo, with a liquid supply of ~6.7Bn Algo.

There are a small number of recipients that have had issues with their ability to accept their vesting at different points in the program, and for now, the vesting of these recipients has been placed in a short term pause, until they have resolutions in place to receive the balance of their vesting. The Foundation is actively working with those recipients to ensure they are in a position to accept their vesting by the end of 2021. The total amount of Algo in these paused recipient accounts is ~200M Algo.

Out of the 10Bn Algo minted at mainnet genesis, there now remains ~3.2Bn Algo that is to enter circulation between now and 2030. This 3.2Bn Algo is the Algorand Ecosystem Resource Pool (AERP) and is governed by the newly launched Algorand Community Governance program. Details of the AERP are outlined in the LTAD and cover areas such as Governance Rewards, Developer and Ecosystem Grant funding, the Viridis DeFi Fund and the recently launched ACE program for University partners.

We are excited to move forward with the next phase in the development of the Algorand ecosystem and look forward to the continued growth of our community in the years ahead.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://mobile.twitter.com/DG__tw/st...39139163271174

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th October 2021), Antagenet (12th October 2021), mountain_jim (6th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (6th October 2021), ThePythonicCow (6th October 2021)

5. Link to Post #543
    Portugal Avalon Member gs_powered's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, lots of information on this thread, but I would like to ask the "experts" what coins and wallet would you advise to someone like me, who's wanting to get into crypto only to have some some money on a diferent market.

My idea is every month spend 100-200 Eur buying crypto, and keep it there until I either have profits gained that I can withdraw or until something bad happens to that particular coin and I may have to trade/sell.

I have signaled some potential interesting coins; Cardano and Hedera Hash, would these be recomended at this time?
    Also, I understand different wallets mean different fees, and not all possible currencies... Is there a sugestion for a wallet for a beginner like me?

Thanks!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gs_powered For This Post:

gord (7th October 2021), Jayke (7th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (7th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #544
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gs_powered (here)
    Ok, lots of information on this thread, but I would like to ask the "experts" what coins and wallet would you advise to someone like me, who's wanting to get into crypto only to have some some money on a diferent market.

My idea is every month spend 100-200 Eur buying crypto, and keep it there until I either have profits gained that I can withdraw or until something bad happens to that particular coin and I may have to trade/sell.

I have signaled some potential interesting coins; Cardano and Hedera Hash, would these be recomended at this time?
    Also, I understand different wallets mean different fees, and not all possible currencies... Is there a sugestion for a wallet for a beginner like me?

Thanks!
    If I was just getting started in crypto now, I’d probably go all in on Yieldly (https://www.mexc.com/exchange/YLDY_USDT). At current prices 200 Euros would net you 11,000 YLDY. You can then stake those Yieldly back on their platform for 35% APY. Yieldly has only done 10x from its ICO price of $0.002. If it follows the trajectory of similar coins of its type from different networks, it could easily reach a dollar per coin in a couple years, still a 50x potential from where it is now.

All you need is a MyAlgo wallet to get started.

The thing that puts me off with Cardano and Hbar is the 50 billion total supply. They’ll probably both do well for a long term investment, but in terms of price appreciation, they’ll be more limited this bull run with their huge market caps. The Algorand network is primed for performing best in the last phase of this current bull market IMO. Plus there’s basically no fees to use the Algorand wallet, only costs .001 Algo to send anything. Even if Algorand reaches $1000 per coin it’ll still only cost $1 to send a transaction.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (7th October 2021), mountain_jim (7th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (7th October 2021)

9. Link to Post #545
    Thanks

TinyMan, Algorands first AMM (Automated Market Maker) is now live for trading. This has been predicted to bring $10 billion of value onto the Algorand network before 2022 by Fortior Blockchains AI algorithms. Guess we’ll see how accurate the AI is in a few months.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tinymanor...46794656780289

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (8th October 2021), mountain_jim (8th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (7th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #546
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 times in 567 posts

Thanks!
    The following is a conservative recommendation. Please read ThePythonicCow's post Future-U.S.-IRS-Tax-regulations-on-Cryptocurrencies-Bitcoin-etc for a reasonable assessment of what is happening in the regulatory space in the US.
    - BTC: 60%
    - ETH: 20%
    - SOL: 20%

Purchase and store your crypto on either FTX or CoinbasePro. When you have sufficient holdings then buy a hardware wallet such as Trezor. Note: FTX.us if you reside in US and FTX.com if you reside outside US.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

gord (8th October 2021), gs_powered (8th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (8th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #547
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)

Thanks!
    The following is a conservative recommendation. Please read ThePythonicCow's post Future-U.S.-IRS-Tax-regulations-on-Cryptocurrencies-Bitcoin-etc for a reasonable assessment of what is happening in the regulatory space in the US.
    - BTC: 60%
    - ETH: 20%
    - SOL: 20%

Purchase and store your crypto on either FTX or CoinbasePro. When you have sufficient holdings then buy a hardware wallet such as Trezor. Note: FTX.us if you reside in US and FTX.com if you reside outside US.
    I doubt they’ll be as much melodrama around the whole security vs commodity debate as people anticipate. Pretty much all Web 3.0 layer 1 protocols will fall under the commodity act, meaning Cardano, Hbar, Algorand, Solana, Avalanche etc will be just fine. Hbar and Algorand in particular have been working with the SEC from the beginning to ensure they have regulatory compliance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Digital Asset Definition

Next, the end of Section 1a of the Commodity Exchange Act will be amended by adding a clarification of what a digital asset is:

“(A) means an asset—

(i) that is created electronically or digitally through software code;

(ii) that is programmed with rules that—

(I) govern the creation, supply, ownership, use, and transfer of such digital asset; and

(II) are designed to resist modification or tampering by any single person or persons under common control;

(iii) that has a transaction history that—

(I) is recorded on a—

(aa) distributed digital ledger; or

(bb) digital data structure in which consensus is achieved through a mathematically verifiable process;

(II) is updated as soon as possible in accordance with the digital asset programming rules related to transactions and ownership; and

(III) after consensus is reached, is designed to prevent modification or tampering with the ownership or transaction history by any single person or persons under common control;

(iv) that is capable of being transferred between persons through a decentralized method without an intermediate custodian; and

(B) is a broad term which includes several other terms used to describe digital assets by market participants and regulators such as ‘virtual asset’, ‘virtual currency’, and ‘convertible virtual currency’ among others.”7)

Smart Contracts with Delivery Time of More than 24 hours are Futures Contracts

A sharpening of the definition of retail commodity transactions could decrease the options for the use of smart contracts outside of regulated exchanges.

Currently, Section 2(c)(2)(D)(i) of the Commodity Exchange Act prohibits persons that are not “eligible contract participants” or “eligible commercial entities” to engage in agreements, contract or transactions in commodities on leverage, margin, or financed by the offeror, the counterparty, or a person acting in concert with the offeror or counterparty on a similar basis.8)

Next, additional amendments mentioned in the SEC. 202 of the Digital Asset Bill applies this on transactions done by smart contract of which the delivery takes longer than 24 hours:

“(ii)  Exceptions

(III) a contract of sale that–

(cc) with respect to digital assets, results in actual delivery (including transfer of control over private keys) not later than 24 hours after the transaction is entered into and such delivery is accomplished by either-

(AA) recording the transaction on the public distributed ledger for the digital asset; or

(BB) with respect to digital which are not recorded on a public distributed ledger for the digital asset, reporting the transaction to a CFTC registered digital asset trade repository; or”9)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple projects on Algorand offering SEC compliant Securities that’ll pass the regulations. Opulous offering S-NFT’s (Securities compliant NFT’s in the form of music royalties).

https://mobile.twitter.com/opulousap...44448529260544

~~~~~~~~~~

Securitize offering a class A stock trading market, fully SEC compliant.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Securitiz...95541423923206

~~~~~~~~~~

Algorand partnering with DLA Piper (a Hedera Hashgraph governing council member), a company at the forefront of the global laws and regulations surrounding the crypto markets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlgoSeanL...68769098989568

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (8th October 2021), mountain_jim (9th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (8th October 2021)

15. Link to Post #548
    Thanks

I'm more and more inclined to follow your advise and make a deposit in a wallet and buy all the Algo I can... it's my first crypto instinct, let's see how it goes

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gs_powered For This Post:

Jayke (8th October 2021), mountain_jim (9th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (8th October 2021)

17. Link to Post #549
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Hmmm ... the Fantom FTM token seems to be using an asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant (aBFT) gossip protocol and directed acyclic graph (DAG) architecture similar to Hashgraph.

If they can avoid patent infringement lawsuits or other such entanglements, and if they can gain traction even without "selling their soul" to some big corporations, then they could be quite interesting. This reminds me of where Linux was, in the 1990's, as a knock off of Unix, which outside of free distribution to Universities, required a license from Bell Labs/Western Electric that only corporations found worth buying. Few (certainly not myself) expected Linux to become so dominant at the time.
    Paul, good call
    I was not familiar with Fantom so I dropped it into my watch list and thought I would read about it while I considered investing in it. It was selling for approximately $1.20 on Sept 30 (when you made the above post) and as of this morning it was selling at $2.43
    I was caught out because I was still researching FTM when the price more than doubled. Now my sense of caution has kicked in.
    R

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Antagenet (12th October 2021), gord (8th October 2021), gs_powered (8th October 2021), Jayke (8th October 2021), mountain_jim (10th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), ThePythonicCow (8th October 2021)

19. Link to Post #550
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 times in 463 posts

I'm more and more inclined to follow your advise and make a deposit in a wallet and buy all the Algo I can... it's my first crypto instinct, let's see how it goes
    My advice which you can take or leave is never put all your eggs in one basket. Better to buy a couple of coins. It's a wild ride in terms of rises and falls, so. never invest any more than you can afford to lose

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Antagenet (12th October 2021), gord (9th October 2021), gs_powered (11th October 2021), Jayke (9th October 2021), JohanB (9th October 2021), mountain_jim (10th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), Vangelo (9th October 2021)

21. Link to Post #551
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

His advice was not to buy Algorand but to buy Yieldly. Or maybe i didnt read it properly?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

gs_powered (11th October 2021), Jayke (10th October 2021)

23. Link to Post #552
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mypos (here)
    His advice was not to buy Algorand but to buy Yieldly. Or maybe i didnt read it properly?
    Just depends on the investment strategy. For a beginner with only €200 to spend. Getting 11,000 YLDY and staking for 35% APY is going to produce better returns than €200 worth of Algo. Over a ‘set it and forget it’ timeframe at least. If you’ve got more to play with though then absolutely load up on Algo before the governance window closes in a few days.

When I first started this thread I did the ‘diversified portfolio’ strategy and just bought a bit of everything. I heard a comment from a long term investor on Twitter though that rang true to me “diversification is selling the winners to buy the losers”. So now I just look for the ‘Alpha and Omega’ investments. Alpha in terms of team, tech and potential, and Omega in that the best tech and team are currently flying under the radar of public perception. Algorands finally starting to gain broader recognition now so should hit price appreciation once governance sets in next week.

Yieldly is still very much under the radar though and they’ve got some big plans in the works that’ll put them in the alpha position.

This ‘alpha and omega’ investment strategy though is suited for ‘low risk, high timeframe’ investors. Have you got the patience to sit on an investment for several years before taking any profit? For people with ‘high risk, short term’ investment goals in mind, there are better strategies. I’ve got a friend whose just made $120,000 ‘flipping NFT’s’ on Opensea I.e. buying an NFT for 0.5 ETH when they first get listed then selling them for 20ETH a couple days later.

Seems way too much like gambling to me though, plus my friend managed to get in a ‘whales club discord chat’ where they plot and plan which NFT’s they’re going to pump and dump on, so unless you’ve got the insider trading knowledge of which NFT’s are going to pump, not worth the risk imo. I’m much happier just earning a garunteed APY in DeFi staking rewards. Much more hassle free, don’t have to spend all day staring at charts to trade and don’t have to stay up till 4am every morning to find out from the whales which NFT’s are going to pump (my friends current daily routine ).

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (10th October 2021), gs_powered (11th October 2021), JohanB (10th October 2021), mountain_jim (10th October 2021), Mypos (10th October 2021), rgray222 (10th October 2021)

25. Link to Post #553
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Just depends on the investment strategy. For a beginner with only €200 to spend. Getting 11,000 YLDY and staking for 35% APY is going to produce better returns than €200 worth of Algo. Over a ‘set it and forget it’ timeframe at least. If you’ve got more to play with though then absolutely load up on Algo before the governance window closes in a few days.

When I first started this thread I did the ‘diversified portfolio’ strategy and just bought a bit of everything. I heard a comment from a long term investor on Twitter though that rang true to me “diversification is selling the winners to buy the losers”. So now I just look for the ‘Alpha and Omega’ investments. Alpha in terms of team, tech and potential, and Omega in that the best tech and team are currently flying under the radar of public perception. Algorands finally starting to gain broader recognition now so should hit price appreciation once governance sets in next week.

Yieldly is still very much under the radar though and they’ve got some big plans in the works that’ll put them in the alpha position.

This ‘alpha and omega’ investment strategy though is suited for ‘low risk, high timeframe’ investors. Have you got the patience to sit on an investment for several years before taking any profit? For people with ‘high risk, short term’ investment goals in mind, there are better strategies. I’ve got a friend whose just made $120,000 ‘flipping NFT’s’ on Opensea I.e. buying an NFT for 0.5 ETH when they first get listed then selling them for 20ETH a couple days later.

Seems way too much like gambling to me though, plus my friend managed to get in a ‘whales club discord chat’ where they plot and plan which NFT’s they’re going to pump and dump on, so unless you’ve got the insider trading knowledge of which NFT’s are going to pump, not worth the risk imo. I’m much happier just earning a garunteed APY in DeFi staking rewards. Much more hassle free, don’t have to spend all day staring at charts to trade and don’t have to stay up till 4am every morning to find out from the whales which NFT’s are going to pump (my friends current daily routine ).
    I made some moderate gains with flipping Algo NFTs. Like about 1000 dollar with a Yieldling. The good part from Algo NFT space is thats its exactly like you said, still in its infancy now. So the prices are way lower then NFTS on ETH or Solana. But its indeed much like gambling. I bought this NFT a week ago for 100 algo which i thought i could flip for at least 1000 algo. But the artists is totally freaking up his own project so there is hardly any demand for his NFTs now. Its also very slow now on Algo NFT market because of coming governance.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

gs_powered (11th October 2021), Jayke (10th October 2021), mountain_jim (11th October 2021)

27. Link to Post #554
    Thanks

I made some moderate gains with flipping Algo NFTs. Like about 1000 dollar with a Yieldling. The good part from Algo NFT space is thats its exactly like you said, still in its infancy now. So the prices are way lower then NFTS on ETH or Solana. But its indeed much like gambling. I bought this NFT a week ago for 100 algo which i thought i could flip for at least 1000 algo. But the artists is totally freaking up his own project so there is hardly any demand for his NFTs now. Its also very slow now on Algo NFT market because of coming governance.
    The Al-goana NFT project on Algorand seems to be doing some impressive things. They had an auction held in VR yesterday where one was sold for over 10,000 Algo. Wouldn’t mind winning one of these in Yieldlys NFT lotteries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarrsPLNZ...20278451716097

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (11th October 2021), mountain_jim (11th October 2021), Mypos (11th October 2021), rgray222 (11th October 2021)

29. Link to Post #555
    Thanks

As I'm seing the Algo currency dropping every day, I was hoping to buy it as low as possible

Is there a specific near date when it will no longer pay off to buy the Algos in order to convert them to Yeldly?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gs_powered For This Post:

Jayke (11th October 2021), mountain_jim (11th October 2021), rgray222 (11th October 2021)

31. Link to Post #556
    Thanks

As I'm seing the Algo currency dropping every day, I was hoping to buy it as low as possible

Is there a specific near date when it willhttps://app.tinyman.org/ no longer pay off to buy the Algos in order to convert them to Yeldly?
    If you’re buying Algo to swap straight into Yieldly, it doesn’t really matter what price Algo is as you can buy on Coinbase, send to your MyAlgo wallet and use TinyMan to make a swap within a couple minutes. The price shouldn’t fluctuate much in that time span.

As for when Algo is going to pump, all eyes on Bitcoin right now.

Algo is making a descending triangle pattern in its daily chart, which looks like it’ll break in 3-7 days. Which way it breaks depends on whether Bitcoin keeps challenging or breaking through to all time highs.

The large caps like Algo tend to follow Bitcoin and Ethereum as leading indicators. After they’ve bitcoin and Eth have made a run, then Algo and the other large caps tend to follow.

How much Algo will pump by if it does break upwards, all eyes on those governance rewards. The more Algo staked for governance the less APY we’ll get for the 3 month duration, but the higher the price will appreciate as supply is taken out the market. If the staked amount stays under 1 billion, we’ll get higher APY yet the price won’t go as parabolic as there’ll be more liquid supply to sell at the bull run peak. Only 400 million staked with 3 days left to enroll, the APY is looking good so far, currently sitting at 70%.

If Algo touches the bottom trend line of its descending wedge again in the next few days, you could have some buy orders set between $1.55-$1.63, hopefully scoop some up before we get a break to the upside out of the triangle.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (11th October 2021), gs_powered (11th October 2021), mountain_jim (11th October 2021), Mypos (11th October 2021), rgray222 (11th October 2021)

33. Link to Post #557
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    My advice which you can take or leave is never put all your eggs in one basket. Better to buy a couple of coins. It's a wild ride in terms of rises and falls, so. never invest any more than you can afford to lose
    If your crystal ball is better than mine, and you know one or more cryptos will be big winners, than it might make sense (cents) go all in on those winners.

But what I am confident of, enough to put some (but certainly not all) of my money on, is that
    1. total crypto market capitalization will go up a lot, albeit with dramatic volatility, over time,
    2. with a few of the cryptos going to the moon,
    3. while most of the cryptos collapse and die.
    I am basically applying to cryptos what I saw while I was working at a computer company in Silicon Valley, during the dot com boom in the 1990's

Based on that forecast, I spread my crypto investments across a basket of cryptos that seem to me to have what it takes to be a likely longer term winner, and then enjoy the ride as if I were choosing to ride the roller coaster at the state fair.

If I tried to pick just one or two winners, then the odds are I would end up losing all my crypto investments, with a smaller chance I'd be a much bigger winner. When one is younger, or one has more "play money" to invest, such a higher risk strategy might make more sense. That's not my situation. I'd rather have good odds on a good win, rather than lousy odds on a huge win.

I have fantasies of having been able to identify the Google and Amazon dot.com's as the big winners, back in the late 1990's, but like most of my fantasies, they are "for amusement purposes only".
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

gord (12th October 2021), gs_powered (12th October 2021), Jayke (12th October 2021), mountain_jim (12th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021), rgray222 (12th October 2021)

35. Link to Post #558
    Thanks

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    If your crystal ball is better than mine, and you know one or more cryptos will be big winners, than it might make sense (cents) go all in on those winners.

But what I am confident of, enough to put some (but certainly not all) of my money on, is that
    1. total crypto market capitalization will go up a lot, albeit with dramatic volatility, over time,
    2. with a few of the cryptos going to the moon,
    3. while most of the cryptos collapse and die.
    I am basically applying to cryptos what I saw while I was working at a computer company in Silicon Valley, during the dot com boom in the 1990's

Based on that forecast, I spread my crypto investments across a basket of cryptos that seem to me to have what it takes to be a likely longer term winner, and then enjoy the ride as if I were choosing to ride the roller coaster at the state fair.

If I tried to pick just one or two winners, then the odds are I would end up losing all my crypto investments, with a smaller chance I'd be a much bigger winner. When one is younger, or one has more "play money" to invest, such a higher risk strategy might make more sense. That's not my situation. I'd rather have good odds on a good win, rather than lousy odds on a huge win.

I have fantasies of having been able to identify the Google and Amazon dot.com's as the big winners, back in the late 1990's, but like most of my fantasies, they are "for amusement purposes only".
    I did diversify into Quant when it was $70 and Avalanche when it was $9.50, but after they both pumped 400% I just sold them to buy more Algo at $1.20, reducing my average entry price for that Algo bag to $0.21 per coin.

~~~~~~~~

Plan B did a good interview with Pomp yesterday, so good in fact YouTube deleted Pomp’s channel before an uproar on Twitter saw it reinstated again. The safest strategy is the one he talks about, buying at the bottom of the bear market, then selling at the top—or as close to the top as possible—during the bull market. When the market was pumping to all time highs in May, I had a diversified portfolio of over 50 different coins. When the on-chain data showed a massive dump was imminent, trying to sell 50 different coins individually before the crash was impossible. I managed to take profit on maybe 5 coins before the market tanked.

Holding a smaller portfolio of 3-5 really fundamentally strong assets is so much more stress and hassle free than spreading your bets too thin imo. Especially assets that give APY for the passive income. Doesn’t matter if the price doesn’t move, we’re still making more money than we’d get in the regular financial system.

~~~~~~~~~

You know this thread started as a follow the smart money play, what’s the smartest money i.e. Thales, a company that already processes 90% of all credit card transactions globally, investing in? Out of a basket of 15 cryptocurrencies in their portfolio, after months of research, the stand out ones were Algo and Hbar.

A little network analysis on Hbar showed they’re positioning themselves as leaders in the global CBDC infrastructure space. Sure enough, they’ve headed in that direction. We got in Hbar when it was 9cents, now in the 30c range.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarmelleC...11745590247424

~~~~~~~~

Algorand is really exciting from the Thales perspective. I actually went for a job interview with Thales a couple years ago. I was trying to switch careers to get into some Eric Dollard style electrical engineering, so I applied for an apprenticeship roll, made it down to the final interview stage but ultimately didn’t get it (I was there with a bunch of fresh out of school 16 year olds). During the interview process though I did learn about several of the projects they were really focused on moving into the future. The main project was ‘Swarming’, they wanted to decentralise the battlefield for their battleships. How do you take all the elements of a battle cruiser; the sonar, the weapons, the communications and radars etc, and instead of having them all on one easy to hit battleship, spread those systems out among several smaller, modular, harder to target drones. A swarm of drones instead of one large battleship.

You really think Algorands partnership with the drone racing league is just a random sponsorship and not a highly calculated investment strategy from the team of Nobel prize winning computer scientists at MIT?

The Yieldly team also mentioned the reason they used Algorand to build on is because their dev has his Phd in robotics, and TEAL, Algorands programming language is primarily a robotics language. Algorand is the only blockchain ready for the “post-quantum” world, and it’s potential can be utilised in far more fields than just ‘the future of finance’. Are there any other blockchains that are even attempting to be ‘post-quantum’ ready at this point? Algorand has, by far, the best ‘product-market fit’ for what the global mega-corps are looking to create. Making it the lowest risk investment out of the pack imo. I’m sure there’ll be others that haven’t become overly popular yet and would make a solid opportunity to diversify into. What’s this new Senetas layer 2 solution Thales have recently partnered with, might have to look into this a bit deeper.
    Quote Senetas’ suite of high-performance, purpose-built Layer 2 network encryption products offer market-leading performance by a number of criteria, including near-zero impact on data speeds and bandwidth, and encryption of data moving at speeds of up to 10 Gbps with little or no impact on network performance. These certified solutions are used to protect data in motion for government and military organizations, as well as financial and other commercial enterprises. Proven reliability, high throughput, and low latency make network encryption security devices the ideal solution for protecting data in flight including time-sensitive voice and video streams.
    ==========
    Senetas and Thales launch the world’s first quantum resistant network encryption solution
    May 5, 2021

Thales and Senetas have collaborated to launch the world’s first quantum resistant network encryption solution, capable of protecting customer data (at speeds up to 100 Gbps) against future quantum attacks. Regarded as among the most significant threat to cybersecurity, quantum-computing looks set to render many of today’s security methods, such as encryption, obsolete.

With estimates that a working quantum computer outside a lab environment will be a reality within the next five to 10 years, minimum security requirement standards are being developed to protect data in a quantum world. The United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is currently selecting finalists amongst the quantum safe encryption algorithms being developed. In anticipation of this, the collaboration between Thales and Senetas supports the current finalists (including Thales’ Falcon algorithm), enabling an easy transition to the winning formula expected to be chosen by NIST in 2022. The solution also supports the latest European Telecommunication Standards Institute standards for how quantum keys are created, protected and distributed – an important and emerging security capability that has application usage in 5G networks.

Future protection

Enabling customers to combine both conventional and quantum resistant encryption in a single network security platform, the solution also provides long-term data protection in a quantum world. Hackers harvesting encrypted data today, will come unstuck when attempting to break data with supercomputing power in the future. The adoption of the new standards will protect any critical data and continue to render the data useless without the correct key.

“As quantum computing becomes a reality, organisations around the world should develop a quantum security strategy and start planning to implement quantum resistant encryption sooner rather than later. This is the first to market high-speed network encryption platform that provides quantum resistant encryption with today’s encryption technology. Our government, defense and business customers can make a secure transition to a future quantum-safe world knowing data is protected for the long-term,” said Andrew Wilson, Senetas CEO.

“It’s vital that businesses understand that all of today’s encryption standards are not fit for a quantum world. Hackers know quantum is coming and are actively working to steal data now so they can access it in the future, and large and multi-national organisations are most at risk due to compliance and privacy mandates. Businesses can’t afford to wait, the time is now to review their security quantum strategy,” said Todd Moore, Vice President, Encryption Solutions at Thales.
    ==========
    Last edited by Jayke; 12th October 2021 at 12:08.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th October 2021), gs_powered (12th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021), ThePythonicCow (12th October 2021), wegge (12th October 2021)

37. Link to Post #559
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Are there any other blockchains that are even attempting to be ‘post-quantum’ ready at this point? Algorand has, by far, the best ‘product-market fit’ for what the global mega-corps are looking to create. Making it the lowest risk investment out of the pack imo. I’m sure there’ll be others that haven’t become overly popular yet and would make a solid opportunity to diversify into. What’s this new Senetas layer 2 solution Thales have recently partnered with, might have to look into this a bit deeper.

==========
    Senetas and Thales launch the world’s first quantum resistant network encryption solution
    May 5, 2021

Thales and Senetas have collaborated to launch the world’s first quantum resistant network encryption solution, capable of protecting customer data (at speeds up to 100 Gbps) against future quantum attacks. Regarded as among the most significant threat to cybersecurity, quantum-computing looks set to render many of today’s security methods, such as encryption, obsolete.

With estimates that a working quantum computer outside a lab environment will be a reality within the next five to 10 years, minimum security requirement standards are being developed to protect data in a quantum world. The United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is currently selecting finalists amongst the quantum safe encryption algorithms being developed. In anticipation of this, the collaboration between Thales and Senetas supports the current finalists (including Thales’ Falcon algorithm), enabling an easy transition to the winning formula expected to be chosen by NIST in 2022. The solution also supports the latest European Telecommunication Standards Institute standards for how quantum keys are created, protected and distributed – an important and emerging security capability that has application usage in 5G networks.
    ==========
    Boom! Didn’t take much digging. Thales own Falcon Algorithm, created in joint collaboration with Algorand:
    Falcon – A Post-Quantum Signature Scheme
    Topic: Comment, Events, News
    This blog note is an introduction to Falcon, our post-quantum signature scheme. Falcon is a joint work between researchers from PQShield, Algorand, Brown University, IBM, NCC Group, Qualcomm, Thales and Université Rennes I. It is one of the few remaining candidates to NIST’s standardization process, and as such it targets both high efficiency and long-term security. In this note, I will present the key ideas underlying Falcon and explain how they all fit together.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gs_powered (12th October 2021), Mypos (12th October 2021), ThePythonicCow (12th October 2021)

39. Link to Post #560
    Thanks

Coinbase trending on Twitter today as they announce they’ll be opening an NFT marketplace on their website:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoinDesk/...70427037491201

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Mypos (12th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst 1 18 28 32 LastLast