+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst 1 6 16 26 32 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

1. Link to Post #301
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

I want to thank you as well, Jayke, I've only recently started getting into Crypto and it has been an intense learning curve. This thread is helping a lot of us, I'm sure.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

gord (11th May 2021), Jayke (11th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #302
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

Quote Posted by Mark/Rahkyt (here)
    I want to thank you as well, Jayke, I've only recently started getting into Crypto and it has been an intense learning curve. This thread is helping a lot of us, I'm sure.
    I’ve never seen anything as good as crypto at bringing different groups of people together. I’ve got Antifa people suddenly becoming best friends with Trump people on Twitter because they’ve both found a love for the same crypto projects. Not to mention the crypto movement is global so it’s bringing people together on every continent. I’ve never seen so many people so inspired and working together, or maybe we’ve just hit the euphoria phase of a market cycle and people will go back to fighting with each other once the next bear market hits.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)
    DFINITY (The Internet Computer) looks really interesting.
    I couldn’t find anywhere to buy the tokens for that one. Looks like you have to have mining hardware to contribute to the ecosystem to earn rewards. Certainly looks to be an ambitious project though.

Update: Coin market cap have just updated the Dfinity page, it’s now available on all familiar exchanges. It’s shot straight to 7th place in terms of total crypto market cap. A huge amount of money has suddenly flown into this project.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies...puter/markets/
    When I checked the price of Dfinity yesterday it was sitting at $244 and was only listed on 3 obscure exchanges. I couldn’t even find a listing for its token (ICP) on TradingView. Overnight it’s suddenly been listed simultaneously on all the major exchanges with an opening price high of $750. Seems to be some major behind-the-scenes coordination and investment going on with this one. Even Hbar hasn’t been listed on Coinbase pro yet.

Tone Vays, the Bitcoin trader, recommends for any ICO or IPO—especially ones that’ve had pre-market seed round investors—to wait until the price dumps 50% from its opening price as those seed investors inevitably take instant profits on market release. So, the price could pull back to the low $300’s if not revisit where it was yesterday at $244. For it to be listed on so many exchanges simultaneously though, makes me think there could be some big plans for this one. The backbone of ‘the world brain’ perhaps. They even call their ICP tokens ‘neurons’.

===============
    How to Access ‘Seed’ and ‘Airdrop’ ICP Tokens and Participate in the Internet Computer Network

Instructions for seed contributors and airdrop registrants to begin utilizing tokens to develop apps and participate in network governance.

After many years of hard work by hundreds of people around the world, the DFINITY Foundation is proud that on May 10, 2021, the Internet Computer blockchain is transitioning into its public phase. It will be the first blockchain that can host websites, systems, internet services, and financial systems that are built entirely from smart contracts, without any need for supporting private systems. Cloud services are no longer needed to create dapps, for example, and cloud services are also not involved in the Internet Computer’s underlying network. On the Internet Computer, advanced smart contracts run at web speed, can serve web applications, are efficient, and can make use of unbounded, on-chain, internet-scale compute capacity.

This would not have been possible without the DFINITY Foundation team, outside contributors, those who contributed financially, and supporters who have kept the faith during the many years of work that were necessary to bring the project to this stage — and we extend our sincerest thanks to everybody involved. The Internet Computer network shall now continue to evolve under the control of the Network Nervous System, its completely open, tokenized governance system.

Genesis Unlock occurs on Monday, May 10, 2021, at 9 am Pacific Time/6 pm Central European Time. This will start the process through which participants in the February 2017 Seed fundraiser and the summer 2018 Airdrop community distribution can claim their ICP tokens.

Both Seed donors and Airdrop participants must pass through AML/KYC procedures. The good news is that the procedures are relatively streamlined, and it often may only take a few minutes to pass such verification procedures.
    ICP are utility tokens that have two primary roles:

They enable participation in governance. You can stake them inside the Network Nervous System (NNS) by locking them inside “voting neurons.” Voting neurons earn voting rewards. They can be made to vote manually, or configured to vote automatically by following other neurons, in a liquid democracy scheme. The Network Nervous System exerts the will of the community, mediated through algorithms. The more value staked inside the governance system, the greater the security of the network.

ICP can be converted into “cycles” by the Network Nervous System. This is the only way to create cycles, which provide fuel for computation, and can be used in other ways too. The NNS will convert ICP worth 1 SDR into exactly 1 trillion cycles.

It is very important that the flow of liquid ICP tokens around the network is released on a schedule for the safety and security of ICP holders, the network, and its users while the underlying technology is being fettled and its ecosystem is being established.

Airdrop participants will therefore receive their ICP tokens in 12 equal monthly installments, which will be delivered via their CoinList Wallets. Their first allotment will arrive on or very shortly after Genesis Unlock (when the relevant administrative systems have been placed in motion). Participants will have the ability to transfer distributed tokens to the wallets for their choosing or the NNS to participate in governance.

Meanwhile, Seed donors will receive all of their ICP tokens at Genesis Unlock, but these will be staked inside 49 voting neurons within the NNS. Each neuron that is delivered will have a different “dissolve delay” configured by the NNS. This configures the minimum period required to unlock the ICP tokens staked inside. One of their neurons will have a dissolve delay of 0 days, allowing the staked ICP tokens to be unlocked immediately, if desired (subject to applicable AML/KYC verification). Another will have a dissolve delay of approximately 30 days, another of 60 days, another of 90 days, and so on.(Note: Configured dissolve delays may have some small random number of days added or subtracted by the NNS).

If you are a Seed donor, your neurons have already been created by the NNS and are controlled by the Ethereum key that you used to make donations to the DFINITY Foundation in February 2017 (i.e., the seed phrase you were asked to save). The neurons of Seed donors will immediately start earning voting rewards for their owners because the NNS has configured them to follow other neurons and vote automatically. Of course, they can be reconfigured to vote manually or to follow other neurons to vote automatically in a different way, as desired. Each of these Seed neurons has had their “age” preset to 18 months by the NNS. This is important because the voting power and voting rewards received by a neuron increase with age. Whenever a neuron is placed into dissolve mode, for even a second, then its age is reset to zero, losing this advantage, and so dissolving a neuron requires some thought.

Seed donors will have immediate control of their neurons — they can reconfigure them, participate in governance to earn rewards, or immediately set them to dissolve so that they can recover the staked ICP tokens inside. However, until Seed donors have passed the AML/KYC procedures, even once they have dissolved a neuron, they will not be able to disburse the ICP tokens staked inside — for example, by disbursing to an ICP ledger address.

(When a Seed donor passes these procedures, the DFINITY Foundation will submit a proposal to the NNS that will mark their neuron as verified if the proposal is adopted, and then the Seed donor will be able to disburse unlocked ICP tokens.)

If you are a Seed donor, because your neurons are controlled by your original Ethereum key, they cannot be accessed using an Internet Identity yet (e.g., via the NNS dapp). Instead, you must access your neurons using DFX command-line tools. People are currently looking into possible ways to integrate these Ethereum keys with Internet Identity. Always use an expert to help you when using command line tools, and take things carefully and slowly.

Here are the instructions:
    A. Seed Donation Token Distribution: sdk.dfinity.org/docs/token-holders/seed-donations.html
    B. DFINITY Community Airdrop Instructions: coinlist.co/dfinity
    You can also find answers to frequently asked questions.
    For all other token recipients, monitor your email for instructions on access.
    ==========
    Last edited by Jayke; 11th May 2021 at 18:23.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (11th May 2021), Mark (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), Mypos (11th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021), Vangelo (11th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #303
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,640 times in 8,594 posts

EoS up over 30% today - another blockchain computing resources play - don't own, now wish I did.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 11th May 2021 at 21:14.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

gord (11th May 2021), Jayke (11th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #304
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    EoS up over 30% today - another blockchain computing resources play - don't own, now wish I did.
    Thanks for the heads up. I had a $100 of EOS squirrelled away in the wombat wallet that was now worth $200. Been a while since I checked that one.

The Cryptobanter YouTube channel gave some great investment advice on a show recently. The main presenter said to find a base layer protocol that you know you’ll be using frequently, like Algorand, Cardano, BNB, Ethereum, EOS, etc. Then once invested in the base layer protocol, invest in the DApps and secondary layer protocols that are building on top of that primary protocol. This way your secondary investments help to boost your primary investment as the entire ecosystem around your primary investment develops a stronger network effect.

With that in mind, EOS is the most utilised blockchain in South America, they’ve got a massive ecosystem of merchants transacting and doing business together on the protocol, it does have a massive user base, I’ve no doubt it’ll continue going from strength to strength. But after using Algorand, EOS just feels like playing a 1980’s Atari after playing on a PlayStation 5, I love the speed and instant liquidity of Algo compared to the others. I’ve got a full bag of Algo now though so I’m starting to look at the ecosystem around it.

===========
    PNetwork Partnered With Algorand To Increase Interoperability!

On Wednesday, April 27, the CEO of the Algorand Foundation announced that Algorand have officially partnered with pNetwork to enable users of the Algorand network benefit from the cross-chain interoperability that the pNetwork offers.

The CEO, Sean Lee went further to mention that the collaboration is an exciting step in spurring a new finance model. The new Algorand x pNetwork collaboration ensures that tokens and assets on the Algorand network can be transferred across other blockchain networks.

Algorand intends to set up a financial model that is decentralized while still maintaining the values and benefits of traditional financial institutions. This model is seen by the Algorand team as the future of finance.

Algorand’s Roadmap to Achieving Interoperability

The Algo blockchain, which ensures swift and instant blockchain transaction executions operates with a proof-of-stake system rather than a proof-of-work system. One of the objectives of the Algorand blockchain is to harmonize the traditional finance system with decentralization. The development of a financial system with such a structure has seen more adoption in recent times. More users welcome flexibility and innovation in the digital ecosystem.

The cross-chain setup requires a high level of liquidity for its goal to be achieved. In a decentralized system, liquidity is usually spread across various blockchain protocols that are independent of each other. The collaboration of Algorand with pNetwork implies that there will be interaction with more protocols, and as such, liquidity will be much higher. The cross-chain collaboration will prove to be advantageous to the Algorand network as well as users of the protocol.

The problem of cross-chain interoperability will be solved by means of pTokens bridges on the pNetwork. pTokens provide a simple and secure foundation that facilitates the mobility of crypto assets and NFTs across different blockchains.

At the moment, a lot of organizations are utilizing this powerful technology. Reports indicate that more than 750 organizations are already making use of this system and more organizations may follow suite soon.

One of the goals of Algorand is to create financial products that will be useful in years to come. The Algorand team has always been open to innovation and technological improvements.

In the blockchain and finance ecosystem, the pNetwork is currently the foundation of most of the cross-chain connections. The pToken, also known as PNT is the token of the ecosystem and at the moment, PNT is been widely used and adopted in more and more financial and blockchain ecosystems. PNetwork enables connections between different blockchain environments. These cross-chain connections have proved to be successful with time and has solved a few problems in the crypto space. Some of the blockchain networks that are supported by the pNetwork include Bitcoin, Litecoin, EOS, Ethereum, Dogecoin and the famous Binance Smart Chain.

It is expected that the launching of Algorand’s interoperable features via the pNetwork will be completed and effected later this year. One of the purposes of launching this new feature is to advance the blockchain industry. This advancement can be done by connecting innovative decentralized apps with the entire blockchain market.

According to Thomas Bernati, the partnership will give room for financial applications building on the Algorand blockchain to gain access to larger crypto markets. Algorand’s partnership with pNetwork will also help to expand the DeFi ecosystem. More users and builders will be freed from the chain restrictions currently available on the Algorand blockchain. Decentralized apps for lending and borrowing, as well as decentralized exchanges will experience a growth in the community size by means of the Algorand and pNetwork collaboration.

About pNetwork

pNetwork is the largest cross-chain system in the blockchain ecosystem. It enables users to send tokens and digital assets freely from one chain to another. It serves as a bridge between different blockchain networks. The pNetwork enables blockchain protocols to interact transparently. Popular blockchain protocols like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and Binance Smart Chain can all be bridged by means of the pNetwork. Just like many other networks and frameworks in the blockchain space, the pNetwork is completely decentralized. The governance token in the pNetwork’s ecosystem is the PNT.
    ===========

pNetwork is looking good on the charts, if it can hold the resistance around the $2 mark, the next fib extension puts it to a new all time high of $7. The total coin supply of pNetwork is a lot lower than most of the other coins as well, at 87 million compared to the 10 billion Algo has or 1 billion EOS has. The lower the supply the faster the price appreciation. Once coins get past the 50% in total circulation milestone, the price tends to go up quickly. pNetwork is only 33% in circulation so still has a way to go, but could do well this alt season imo. Selling up on EOS and putting it into pNetwork.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), Mypos (12th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #305
    Thanks

Alex Mashinsky is the CEO of Celsius Network, a DeFi platform that offers interest-bearing savings accounts, borrowing, and payments with digital and fiat assets. Celsius shares up to 80% of revenue so users can earn up to 17.78% APY.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Ub5r5hTJSjOmkQ2yJ6Int

In this episode, we discuss:
    - How Alex built three unicorns (billion dollar company)
    - Celsius Network
    - Earning yield on your crypto
    - VOIP
    - Cryptocurrency vs. stock market
    - Bitcoin price predictions
    - How Alex created DeFi
    - The rise and fall of fiat currencies
    - Decentralized Buddhism

Celsius is growing rapidly. $18billion in assets held and growing at a rate of $1billion a month.
    The rates on Celsius look great. If you get a collateral loan, the lowest rates you can pay if you borrow against 25% of your holdings is 0.75%, that’s what you pay back to them if you choose to pay your interest off in their CEL tokens. Yet at the same time, while you’re paying them 0.75% for the loan, they’re sharing with you 80% of what they earn in the arbitrage markets using the collateral you’ve given them.

Apparantly 18% is average for what all traditional banks earn in market making strategies when you deposit your cash with them. The difference between Celsius and the traditional banks is Celsius shares that 18% profit with you rather than giving it to their shareholders. That’s the max they offer though, it varies depending on how much you hold with them and what crypto you hold. 6% APY paid to you on low amount Tether holdings for example.

This is a really important interview to listen to for understanding what decentralised finance is all about. As soon as Hbar gets listed, I’m holding it all in Celsius.
    Last edited by Jayke; 12th May 2021 at 12:29.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #306
    Thanks

Acoer, this is the company whose founder was the software systems architect for cdc.gov. Looks like it was their hashload program built on Hedera that NASA is literally taking to the moon (or at least as far as the international space station).

https://mobile.twitter.com/acoerco/s...49965962174466

https://mobile.twitter.com/acoerco/s...78893924306944

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), Mypos (12th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #307
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Alex Mashinsky is the CEO of Celsius Network, a DeFi platform that offers interest-bearing savings accounts, borrowing, and payments with digital and fiat assets. Celsius shares up to 80% of revenue so users can earn up to 17.78% APY.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Ub5r5hTJSjOmkQ2yJ6Int

In this episode, we discuss:
    - How Alex built three unicorns (billion dollar company)
    - Celsius Network
    - Earning yield on your crypto
    - VOIP
    - Cryptocurrency vs. stock market
    - Bitcoin price predictions
    - How Alex created DeFi
    - The rise and fall of fiat currencies
    - Decentralized Buddhism

Celsius is growing rapidly. $18billion in assets held and growing at a rate of $1billion a month.
    The rates on Celsius look great. If you get a collateral loan, the lowest rates you can pay if you borrow against 25% of your holdings is 0.75%, that’s what you pay back to them if you choose to pay your interest off in their CEL tokens. Yet at the same time, while you’re paying them 0.75% for the loan, they’re sharing with you 80% of what they earn in the arbitrage markets using the collateral you’ve given them.

Apparantly 18% is average for what all traditional banks earn in market making strategies when you deposit your cash with them. The difference between Celsius and the traditional banks is Celsius shares that 18% profit with you rather than giving it to their shareholders. That’s the max they offer though, it varies depending on how much you hold with them and what crypto you hold. 6% APY paid to you on low amount Tether holdings for example.

This is a really important interview to listen to for understanding what decentralised finance is all about. As soon as Hbar gets listed, I’m holding it all in Celsius.
    Freaking awesome. Also very high probability on major price rise imo.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

gord (12th May 2021), Jayke (12th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #308
    Thanks

My AAVE went up 30% today, perhaps due to this? - was published almost a week ago so maybe not....

https://www.coindesk.com/defi-more-d...tcoin-says-ing

Quote DeFi More Disruptive to Banks Than Bitcoin, Says ING

ING’s deep dive into DeFi includes a case study of lending platform Aave

Netherlands-based ING Bank has been analyzing the risks and opportunities associated with the exploding decentralized finance (DeFi) space.

A paper released last month titled “Lessons Learned from Decentralised Finance,” carefully weighs some of DeFi’s pros and cons, and concludes that “the best of both worlds is achieved if centralised and decentralised financial services cooperate.”

< snip >

ING selected decentralized lending platform Aave to carry out a case study on various characteristics of DeFi. According to ING:

“The automation of business processes in Aave on a public permissionless blockchain has many advantages over traditional money markets, such as accuracy transparency and speed. However, we argue that the benefits of cost efficiency and better security that come with automating money markets via smart contracts is debatable and introduce new technical risks.”

Aave is known to be weighing institutional DeFi opportunities, having hired some banking specialists and recently joining the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.

Asked if there was any particular reason why ING chose Aave over other DeFi platforms, Francois said, simply: “We know them.”

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

gord (13th May 2021), Jayke (12th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #309
    Thanks

First Elon pumps it! Now Elon dumps it! This carbon neutral blockchain narrative is bullish for Hbar and Algorand who were busy promoting their green credentials last month. Will it instigate a bear market for Bitcoin though? Or is it the final shakeout before a final phase of the bull run?

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/...02041025843203

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (13th May 2021), marielle (13th May 2021), mountain_jim (13th May 2021), Mypos (13th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #310
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Maybe this is why Elon trashed bitcoin:

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marielle For This Post:

gord (13th May 2021), Jayke (13th May 2021), Mypos (13th May 2021), T Smith (15th May 2021), wegge (13th May 2021)

21. Link to Post #311
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Quote Posted by marielle (here)
    Maybe this is why Elon trashed bitcoin:

Less than 1% that's doge or xrp

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

gord (13th May 2021), Jayke (13th May 2021), mountain_jim (13th May 2021), Mypos (13th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

23. Link to Post #312
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 times in 673 posts

Test chains can be pretty amazing if you dare to jump in and go for it.
    Name:  test chain Screenshot from 2021-05-12 09-50-50.png
Views: 274
Size:  17.4 KB
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Jayke (13th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

25. Link to Post #313
    Thanks

Quote Posted by samildamach (here)
    Less than 1% that's doge or xrp
    Algo beats both of them in terms of energy use and utility. Not that there’s any reason to limit payments to 1 or 2 coins. I’m sure they’ll take any that fit the criteria. Nano and Hbar should also fit the bill. I’m sure there’s plenty others.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stclinema...19204647174149

~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Saylor wasn’t intimidated by Elon Musks kamikaze announcement. He continues to dollar-cost-average his way through the dips. Musks erratic showmanship is no doubt part of the problem-reaction-solution narrative government will be using to bring down the regulations.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michael_s...14015181635584

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Posted by gord (here)
    Attachment 46674
    I don’t mind testing a few out with a small amount of capital. Where do you find them?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

mountain_jim (13th May 2021), Mypos (13th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021), samildamach (13th May 2021), wegge (13th May 2021)

27. Link to Post #314
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 times in 673 posts

Quote Posted by gord (here)
    Attachment 46674
    I don’t mind testing a few out with a small amount of capital. Where do you find them?
    I'm off to work in a few minutes, but this link is a good start for a general gist of what that's about: https://www.xdaichain.com/

That pool I posted a screenshot of started on April 26. When I joined May 9, it was about 19000% apy yearly. Now it's down to only 15000%. It's 99.39% full. I joined two earlier pools in mid April. I only barely understand these, but maybe I'll post more later.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Jayke (13th May 2021), mountain_jim (13th May 2021), Mypos (13th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

29. Link to Post #315
    Thanks

More significant downside for Bitcoin if this whale wallet pulls the trigger on the sell button. 15662 Bitcoin just moved onto exchanges.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WClemente...07449682771970

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (14th May 2021), mountain_jim (13th May 2021), Mypos (13th May 2021)

31. Link to Post #316
    Thanks

Hbar with a 40% green candle!

I knew Elon Musks tweet would be bullish for Hbar. This whole ‘green’ carbon neutral crypto narrative has sparked a bit of a frenzy on Twitter.

Made a great trade today using market cipher (or Vumanchu cipher B if you’re using the free version on trading view). The momentum wave was flashing a red dot overbought signal on BNB last night so sold at $620 into Hbar at $0.25, which was flashing a green dot oversold signal. Managed to sell Hbar at $0.34 back into BNB at $560 for a quick 50% profit.

Hbar must’ve signed a new governing council member today because the volume coming in to pump the price was the highest volume seen in months. I’m sure there’ll be a new announcement soon, possibly the next town hall meeting on the 18th.

Now, let’s see if I can jump back into Hbar on the pullback before it gets ready for launch! If BNB gets a bounce while Hbar pulls back I’m going in fully loaded.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bengraham...56563724320773

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (14th May 2021), mountain_jim (14th May 2021), Mypos (14th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

33. Link to Post #317
    Thanks

BitGo are adding a new blockchain to their portfolio, Casper Network, I’ve only skim read their whitepaper, looks like they’re creating a DAG possibly for the Ethereum network, to transition existing Ethereum assets onto a DAG proof of stake rather than proof of work system. From programmers at UC San Diego and headquartered in Switzerland. The only Unique Selling Point I can find is the mention of a blockchain for patents and royalty payments for patent holders, otherwise it seems less impressive than Hbar and IOTA in the DAG space. Their token ICO is open for registration and begins tomorrow:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Casper_Ne...75685780656129

https://twitter.com/Casper_Network/s...76935297339395

Casper went live on the exchanges this week. To one of the most spectacular opening week dumps I’ve seen so far. Opened for trading at $70, surged to a high of $379, and now I’ve just bought some on Okex for 78cents.

No idea how they came up with the $70 opening price though. There’s a Max coin supply of 10billion, so the network as a whole was valued at 700 billion on opening day.

There is a lot of big Geneva and Swiss money behind this one though. I’m still expecting Ethereum 2.0 to be considered a flop when it’s released, and the big money players might transfer their digital wealth onto Casper, as is hinted at in this article.

=========
    Casper Network (CSPR) Token Launches on Multiple Exchanges, Meets Extreme Volatility

As observed on various Casper’s social media channels, there is a mixed feeling in the community following the Casper token launch.

The Casper Network native token CSPR has launched on multiple trading platforms including Huobi Global, Gate.io, OKEx, and AscendEx, more than a month after the network Mainnet launched. The CSPR token which was offered to the project’s growing community in a presale that ended on April 7th at $0.015 opened for trading on Gate.io at about $70 saw a massive upsurge to a high of $379 before correcting.

Many have said the digital currency ecosystem is in an altcoin season, implying a burgeoning embrace and corresponding growth in the prices of various altcoins. Taking a cue from Ethereum (ETH), the world’s second-largest cryptocurrency which has grown by over 15x since the start of the year, most altcoins including new projects have seen a corresponding remarkable growth.

From the very low presale price of CSPR coins and its opening price on the exchanges today, the digital currency met with very pervasive volatility, and its price is currently trading at $4.77 on OKEx at the time of writing.

Fundamentals Meet Massive Interest as Casper Network Launches

Many projects have been launched in the past four months as the cryptocurrency ecosystem carried over a growing interest from last year’s DeFi boom. While many tokens have been launched on the leading blockchain networks including Ethereum, Polkadot, and Binance Smart Chain amongst others, the Casper offering carves a new niche for itself with good fundamentals.

The Casper Network is an institutional-grade decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol built as a standalone blockchain of its own. The blockchain seeks to right the wrongs of existing blockchain infrastructures including but not limited to low fees, and scalability. Many analysts have described Casper as a viable substitute for the proposed Proof-of-Stake (PoS) network of the Ethereum blockchain dubbed ETH 2.0.

Casper is also energy-efficient, remarkably up to 136,000% when compared to existing blockchain infrastructures around today. The opportunities the Casper protocol has presented, backed by the backing from its major partners have fueled the massive interest from the broader community. Casper’s major partners include BitGo, Ledger, CoinList, and other prominent names in the blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem.

Casper Network Community Expresses Mixed Feelings Following the CSPR Token Launch

As observed on various Casper’s social media channels, there is a mixed feeling in the community following the Casper token launch. While the Presale came with four options and varying lockup periods, those who participated in Option 3 were expecting to start trading their tokens at this time. However, CoinList, the exchange where the presale took place has dampened expectations based on the inability of users to withdraw their tokens for trading.

CoinList noted the Casper presale drew the largest interest that almost broke its servers. While the current situation has caused a remarkable agitation, the promises of the project and the responsive nature of the project executives give an inclination that the Casper network is off to a great start.
    =========

Keep tabs on the unlock schedule. These will be great red days for buying the dips as ICO investors make their inevitable sell offs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wisekey looks to be a big money cybersecurity firm involved in all things Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and smart city roll out. One of the big money institutional firms behind the Casper network.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Casper_Ne...78718280253440
    Quote The Human-Driven Technology Platform

WISeKey (SIX Swiss Stock Exchange: WIHN) is a leading listed global cybersecurity company currently deploying large scale digital identity ecosystems for people and objects using Blockchain, AI and IoT respecting the Human as the Fulcrum of the Internet. WISeKey Semiconductors secure the pervasive computing shaping today’s Internet of Everything. WISeKey has an installed base of over 1 billion microchips in virtually all IoT sectors (connected cars, smart cities, drones, agricultural sensors, anti-counterfeiting, smart lighting, servers, computers, mobile phones, crypto tokens etc.). WISeKey is uniquely positioned to be at the edge of IoT as our semiconductors secure a huge amount of Big Data that, when analyzed with Artificial Intelligence (AI), can help industrial applications to predict the failure of their equipment before it happens.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

mountain_jim (14th May 2021), Mypos (14th May 2021), palehorse (14th May 2021)

35. Link to Post #318
    Thanks

Too bad I hold such small amounts of these that are benefiting
    (ADA, HBAR, XLM)

https://decrypt.co/70883/proof-of-st...ource=coinbase

Proof of Stake Coins Surge After Elon Musk Trashes Power Hungry Bitcoin
    Crypto alternatives to Bitcoin have increased in price since Elon Musk U-turned on Bitcoin’s hefty proof-of-work energy demands.
    By Scott Chipolina
    3 min read
    May 14, 2021

In brief
    With Proof of Stake (POS), cryptocurrency miners can earn more crypto if they hold more coins.
    Proof of Stake (POS) was created as an alternative to Proof of Work (POW), which is the consensus algorithm that Bitcoin uses.
    Several coins that use alternative consensus algorithms to Bitcoin have increased in value.
    Several proof-of-stake cryptocurrencies have increased in price since Elon Musk backtracked on Bitcoin two days ago.

In a tweet earlier this week, Musk announced that Tesla had suspended vehicle purchases made in Bitcoin. “We are concerned about rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of any fuel,” he said.

Since that tweet, the Tesla CEO doubled down, saying that it is “high time for a carbon tax,” and that while he strongly believes in crypto, “it can’t drive a massive increase in fossil fuel use.”

His U-turn on Bitcoin caused its price to drop from approximately $57,000 to as low as $48,000. But other cryptocurrencies, which use alternatives to Bitcoin’s energy-intensive proof-of-work algorithm, have benefited from Musk’s announcement.

Proof-of-stake cryptocurrencies
    Proof-of-stake (PoS) cryptocurrencies are fundamentally different from proof-of-work (PoW) cryptocurrencies.

PoW systems use huge amounts of energy to secure the network. Miners use powerful computers in a race to solve complicated mathematical puzzles; the winner receives newly-minted crypto.

By contrast, in a PoS system, miners validate transactions based on the amount of coins they hold. The more coins a miner hold, the more likely they are to win the right to validate transactions.

Because PoS networks do not suck up the immense amount of energy consumed by PoW networks like the Bitcoin network, they are environmentally friendlier.

In the wake of Musk’s announcement, at least six cryptocurrencies have increased in price.

Proof-of-stake price surges

The largest PoS cryptocurrency by market cap is Cardano (ADA), which has increased by over 13% during the last 24 hours to a price of $1.89.

Another PoS cryptocurrency that has increased since Musk’s announcement is Polygon (MATIC), which has a market cap of $7.6 billion. In the last 24 hours, Polygon has increased by almost 16% to a price of $1.25.

Anything but Bitcoin

Other cryptocurrencies that use alternatives to proof of work algorithms also surged.

One such example is Stellar (XLM), which has a market cap of $16 billion and uses a small number of trusted nodes to validate transactions. In the last day, XLM has increased by 16% to a price of $0.7.

Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR) has outpaced almost every other coin on this list, increasing by 35% in the last day to a price of $0.35. HBAR has a market cap of just under $3 billion. It uses its own hashgraph consensus algorithm.

While all of these Bitcoin alternatives have increased since Musk’s announcement, none have surged as much as Klaytn (KLAY), which has grown by just under 40% growth in the last 24 hours, reaching a price of $3.03. KLAY has a market cap of $7.4 billion. Its blockchain uses a proof of contribution consensus mechanism, which uses a small number of trusted validators.

Despite all of these coins being in the green, Musk appears to be fully focused on Dogecoin, a proof-of-work cryptocurrency.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

gord (14th May 2021), Jayke (14th May 2021)

37. Link to Post #319
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Too bad I hold such small amounts of these that are benefiting
    (ADA, HBAR, XLM)

https://decrypt.co/70883/proof-of-st...ource=coinbase

Proof of Stake Coins Surge After Elon Musk Trashes Power Hungry Bitcoin
    Crypto alternatives to Bitcoin have increased in price since Elon Musk U-turned on Bitcoin’s hefty proof-of-work energy demands.
    By Scott Chipolina
    3 min read
    May 14, 2021

In brief
    With Proof of Stake (POS), cryptocurrency miners can earn more crypto if they hold more coins.
    Proof of Stake (POS) was created as an alternative to Proof of Work (POW), which is the consensus algorithm that Bitcoin uses.
    Several coins that use alternative consensus algorithms to Bitcoin have increased in value.
    Several proof-of-stake cryptocurrencies have increased in price since Elon Musk backtracked on Bitcoin two days ago.

In a tweet earlier this week, Musk announced that Tesla had suspended vehicle purchases made in Bitcoin. “We are concerned about rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of any fuel,” he said... ...
    You've only had 3 months - from the start of the thread - to join the #Hbarbarians on the HBar train.

There is so many good projects out at the minute though its hard to know where to keep the bulk of your capital. I still keep switching between projects. "don't hate it, don't date it, just trade it" as the saying goes.

~~~~~~~~~

Looks like Hedera are starting to ramp up their marketing efforts a bit more now. Getting mainstream media attention today on CNBC after the Elon tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hedera/st...34647576944645

Azeem Malik, Hedera head of business development, gave a great interview recently. Like the name Hedera (common ivy) implies, Hbar is quickly growing runners into all aspects of enterprise and high finance. Not long before it starts taking over.

~~~~~~~~~

The coupon Bureau signing up some big names on the Hedera digital coupon service.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/hedera/st...30257092800516

~~~~~~~~~

I got back into my Hbar/BNB trade again today after BNB bounced back to over $600. Was hoping Hbar would have a quick retest of $0.30 but seems to be holding steady at $0.33. It's only a 3cent difference but that's a 10% move at these low prices. Love this trading pair.
    Last edited by Jayke; 14th May 2021 at 17:13.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (14th May 2021), mountain_jim (15th May 2021), Mypos (16th May 2021)

39. Link to Post #320
    Thanks

The Charles Hoskinson and Mark Cuban debate:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcuban/st...25967462080514

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcuban/st...46131708665858

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcuban/st...88018347823104

~~~~~~~~

Charles Hoskinson responds with an overview of the Cardano ecosystem via YouTube.

~~~~~~~~

It would seem Mark Cuban has more savvy insight into the DLT space than Hoskinson gives him credit though. Turns out Cuban is an early adopter of Hedera through one of his companies Hala Systems.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chasker/s...11163624042497

https://mobile.twitter.com/hedera/st...77199337791489

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (15th May 2021), mountain_jim (16th May 2021), Mypos (16th May 2021), Vangelo (16th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst 1 6 16 26 32 LastLast