+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 3 13 32 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 times in 458 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

I didn’t look into ripple, but I have read people refer to Hashgraph Hedera as the new ripple..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

gord (12th February 2021), Jayke (11th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Cryptocurrency: which alt-coins are the globalist corporations backing and why?

There’s a reason I didn’t highlight Ripple in the OP, even though it’s on the BitGo ledger and trading under a dollar. I think of Ripple more as a stable coin, since the price has been steady under a dollar for so long despite all the fan fare it’s had, and now with the court case, I’m not expecting much from it anytime soon.

JC Collins has been pumping Ripple for years, he had a blog called ‘philosophy of metrics’ with lots of thought provoking articles ‘The Real-World Potential of Ripple’.

He still pushes Ripple on his Twitter and has a new blog for his old articles: https://xrpcommunity.blog/author/jc/

It’s always worth holding some incase it does take off, but Hedera and Algo are still my top picks.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th February 2021), samildamach (11th February 2021), wegge (12th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

To qoute Paul’s deeply unsettling vision again of what the Hedera Hbar technology could facilitate.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Well ... I have one word to say here. Just one word.

Hashgraph.
    Well ... this didn't take long ... what looks like a "better Hashgraph" has come along, less than six months later.
    On the other hand ... listen to this pitch by Machine Zone's (a game company) CEO Gabriel Leydon to the Hashgraph Launch in March 2018, explaining how he is working on "computing the world", integrating live feeds of sensors, audio, and video, from around the world, in order to make for a fully "Smart" world, fully integrated using A.I., running on top of Hashgraph.

It's a "technocracy" wet dream, and he sounds all too close to making it happen.

It's a scary, dystopian, "Matrix" vision, running on the distributed compute power in the hands, on the desktops, and in the "smart" devices of billions of people, world wide.

===

As a long standing student of distributed computing algorithms, I am quite impressed and delighted with Hashgraph, and the similar open source work PARSEC.

However Hashgraph, and what can be built on it, such as Gabriel Leydon's "Compute the World" vision, is deeply unsettling, and apparently coming soon to a smart phone near you.
    An article emailed out to Nigel Farages Fortune and Freedom newsletter goes into a little more detail of what a tokenised world might look like. In a world where even spinach in a fridge can spy on you, imagine the rise in health insurance premiums if you decided to drink a beer instead of a green tea for your afternoon beverage.

======
    Mother nature, Skynet and Big Brother have formed an alliance to monitor you

Nick Hubble | 11 Feb 2021

You’ve heard of the Internet of Things (IoT). A world where your bed tells your toaster to get to work when you get up, the fridge adds milk to your online shopping based on the weight of the carton, and your toilet tells you what a balanced diet might entail cooking this evening. But what if the IoT included plants?

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Axios sums it up like this: “Researchers at MIT have devised a way to allow chemical signals from spinach plants to transmit an email.”

What would you want your spinach to email you about? The presence of explosives, apparently.

The new technology allows spinach roots to detect certain substances and then transmit a reading to an infrared camera. The camera can be pre-programmed to send off the alert.

The underlying aim of the research is to leverage the existing capabilities of plants by creating ways for them to communicate with us. With our existing technology, at least.

Mother Nature, the Terminator films’ Skynet and Big Brother have formed an alliance to monitor you. Who needs CCT when you’ve got spinach?

All that’s the bad news. But if you look back, today’s epoch would probably terrify people too. The speed of cars hurtling through cities. Invisible WiFi signals transmitting information through us. Foreign food on our shelves. Vaccines that only took months to test.

Terrifying stuff… not so long ago.

But these days, they’re practically a necessity.

Although I’m still not so convinced about this spinach thing…

Then again, it’s tough to know how an innovation will create products that need it. Innovation usually happens the other way around. We know what we want, but can’t quite get the tech to make it happen.

That’s not always how it works though. Computers and the internet were once considered useful to only very few people. Now we’re busy turning spinach into a computer just to make it more useful.

In Dubai, cell phone towers are dressed up as suspicious looking palm trees. What if palm trees could be cell phone towers?

NASA and the Canadian Space Agency have launched a competition on how to help astronauts make food. Spinach that can tell its future beneficiaries whether it needs more or less nutrients and watering would be rather useful in that environment. Or perhaps the spinach could optimise its own supply of nutrients. A farm where the food farms itself. Much better than having astronauts do the weeding on Mars. There are probably better things to do. I assume…

My own favourite application of all this tech is a long-time libertarian bugaboo. It’s all about “how to save the whales”. Most people want governments to make laws to protect animals like whales. They imagine the Royal Navy blowing Japan’s fishing fleet out of the water to protect Moby Dick.

But what if you sold the whales instead?

What if the green movement could buy whales, thereby making them their property. Then fishermen couldn’t catch them. It’d be stealing.

By protecting whales and making them out of reach of the private sector, governments simply encourage those who are willing to ignore this designation.

But technology could dramatically resolve this. The whales could be owned and marked as such, finally making it possible to sell them in order to preserve them.

The commercial applications are probably far more interesting to you. The line between wild and farmed seafood could blur. And why stop at seafood?

Another bugaboo I have is painfully low-tech solutions to simple problems. You’d think we’d have mastered how to find leaks in mains pipes, right? But a few weeks ago, the city of Sydney began using sniffer dogs to find water leaks.

Sniffer dogs to find hidden water leaks in mains pipes?

I know this is sounding more and more absurd. Spinach that finds explosives and sniffer dogs that find broken pipes, but it’s supposedly true. “Winnie, a highly intelligent Cocker Spaniel, and Ziggy, an energetic English Springer Spaniel,” are on the prowl.

But what if the water pipe itself sent us an email instead? Sydney’s water management company, I mean. You probably don’t want to know about a leak in Parramatta.

The IoT is often sold as some sort of consumer electronics revolution. To make your life easier. Which makes me a bit sceptical. I like to adopt technology once everyone else has ironed out the kinks.

That can be a flawed strategy, of course. I’m in a house with no heating or insulation and it’s snowing outside. Yet our toilet has 36 buttons and a heated seat. That’s a normal combination in Japan.

Back in London, my Japanese wife and even more Japanese sister-in-law couldn’t comprehend that heating the floor would heat the room too. I blasted the central heating just to prove a point.

Meanwhile, my tech obsessed friend Sam Volkering, whose home is presumably kitted out like the Starship Enterprise, once described the chaos which power outages caused on his home. It was a great article about the consequences of too much tech.

So, there is no optimal strategy when it comes to tech adoption. You’re in for a rough time no matter how you kit out your home, or avoid doing so.

The thing is, what if the 5G and IoT revolution isn’t just about the world around you? What if it does far more revolutionary things that you never even find out about?

Car crashes could become a thing of the past. Energy and resource waste could be drastically cut. Traffic flows optimised so well they feel seamless. Mines could operate without people in them, so nobody risks their life to provide you with manganese. Queues could become non-existent too, unless we make a law to keep them for cultural reasons.

These changes wouldn’t be comparable to your fridge or toilet talking to you, as many tech savants like to suggest. (If you think that’s weird, our bath here in Japan already does talk.) I’m talking about changes you barely even notice. Like when 3G became 4G on your phone.

Of course, investors would still be profiting from this radical shift. If they own the stocks that make it happen and the stocks that benefit most from the shift.

And so I’d like to introduce you to Nikola Tesla’s final prophecy… The “World Brain” technology is about to be rolled out.
    =======

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th February 2021), mountain_jim (12th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

For anyone who agrees with J. P. Morgans “Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.” Qoute.

An interesting video on the birth chart of Bitcoin.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th February 2021), iota (12th February 2021), leavesoftrees (12th February 2021), Matthew (12th February 2021), mountain_jim (12th February 2021), wegge (12th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,636 times in 8,593 posts

Appreciate this thread, as we first got invested in crypto in June, a good time to get into BTC though not as good as March would have been.

Read this today, interested in opinions as everyone these days has a tout it seems....

Quote xlm is where its at (stellar lumens) central banks are looking for exactly what xlm has for cross border trades.
    Plus its an open system and not closed like ripple plus the creator of ripple that left and made xlm owns 10% of the ripple coins.
    Xlm just got PayPal too.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

gord (12th February 2021), iota (12th February 2021), Jayke (12th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Appreciate this thread, as we first got invested in crypto in June, a good time to get into BTC though not as good as March would have been.

Read this today, interested in opinions as everyone these days has a tout it seems....

Quote xlm is where its at (stellar lumens) central banks are looking for exactly what xlm has for cross border trades.
    Plus its an open system and not closed like ripple plus the creator of ripple that left and made xlm owns 10% of the ripple coins.
    Xlm just got PayPal too.
    XLM over Ripple for me.

Coins with liquidity (the ones that are bought and sold frequently and moved around on the market) tend to help drive up price. Just look at Monero and Ethereum. It's wealth generated from the transection fees that give them a lot of the value. Xlm's transaction fees are tiny compared to other coins so it'll require huge volumes of transactions to create the same wealth as the Ethereum market. Definitely one to hold for the future but might take a while for mass adoption to set in before the transaction volumes get high enough, although getting on PayPal could make that happen much quicker.

I keep buying Stellar XLM but end up exchanging them to Hbar on the retracements since HBar has been performing so well for me over the past week. I’d buy more Algorand as well but it’s already doubled in price in 7 days. I’ll see what any dips and retracements bring before pulling the trigger on that one.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (12th February 2021), iota (12th February 2021), mountain_jim (12th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

The announcement that the stable coin of the Brazilian economy BRZ has chosen to work on the Algo network sent prices soaring today. A couple related articles:

=============
    BRZ launches on Algorand blockchain
    By: Transfero Swiss

The protocol is the third blockchain that BRZ is integrated with, increasing the possibilities of use cases of the Brazilian cryptocurrency

Transfero announces that BRZ - the Brazilian Real-backed stablecoin created by the company - is officially available on Algorand, a world-class blockchain powering secure and efficient frictionless exchange. With that, Algorand becomes the third blockchain that the Brazilian cryptocurrency is integrated with, helping to expand the use cases for BRZ across a broad range of payments and financial applications.

As evidenced by the recent and rapid growth and usage of stablecoins on public chains, there is a tremendous need for blockchain infrastructure to scale to support significantly higher transaction throughput and lower fees significantly. In that sense, Algorand allows that growth with lower costs for users. “We are very pleased with this expansion of BRZ because we are paving the way for the cryptocurrency to be able to meet the demand of this growing market”, celebrates Transfero’s CEO, Thiago Cesar.

BRZ is the leading Brazilian Real-backed stablecoin and, since its launch in 2019, has become the most traded stablecoin representing a Latin American fiat-currency. Transfero’s cryptocurrency is available on several platforms and acts as a seamless bridge between international markets and Brazil. With BRZ, it is possible to move balances between global platforms in seconds using blockchain technology. It also is one of the most sophisticated hedge instruments for digital assets. Currently, BRZ has reached 204 million tokens in circulation.

About Transfero

Transfero Swiss is a global financial blockchain technology-based company headquartered in the Crypto Valley, in Zug, Switzerland, and Rio de Janeiro. The company’s primary mission is to facilitate and promote access to digital assets. The company is the BRZ Token issuer, the first Brazilian Real-backed stablecoin, and a protagonist in ​​buying and selling cryptocurrencies for large volume transactions.

About Algorand

Algorand Inc. built the world’s first open source, permissionless, pure proof-of-stake blockchain protocol for the next generation of financial products. This blockchain, the Algorand protocol, is the brainchild of Turing Award-winning cryptographer Silvio Micali. A technology company dedicated to removing friction from financial exchange, Algorand Inc. is powering the DeFi evolution by enabling the creation and exchange of value, building new financial tools and services, bringing assets on-chain and providing responsible privacy models. For more information, visit www.algorand.com.
    =============
    =============
    Three reasons for the surging interest in Algorand are its capacity as a platform for stablecoins as they become increasingly integrated into traditional financial channels, its expansion into DeFi through partnerships and DApp creation, and the ability to earn a yield by simply holding tokens in a network wallet.

Stablecoin use increases

Stablecoins became a widely discussed topic among regulators and traditional finance after Facebook revealed its Libra project in 2019.

In early January 2020, the U.S. Treasury's Office of the Comptroller of the Currency announced that national banks would be allowed to run independent nodes for distributed ledger networks and conduct transactions with various stablecoins that operate on these networks.

Algorand had previously been chosen by Circle as one of the platforms to host its USDC stablecoin and the Marshall Islands also chose the network for its national digital currency.

The protocol’s pure proof-of-stake consensus mechanism allows all wallets to participate in validating blocks, helping to increase network security and transactions per second capabilities.

Recently, high gas fees on Ethereum have left stablecoin issuers and DeFi traders looking for viable alternatives and Algorand is quickly emerging as a prime candidate. Likewise, central banks from around the world have begun analyzing which blockchain network to integrate their digital currencies (CBDC) with and Algorand has made it on the shortlist of viable contenders.

Algorand enters DeFi

Decentralized finance has quickly become one of the main driving forces behind the continued growth of the cryptocurrency sector, and Algorand stands poised to take full advantage of its development.

Several recent high-profile partnerships point to Algorand’s growing aspirations within the DeFi and fintech space.

Instimatch Global, a digital platform for institutional short-term money market trading, partnered with Algorand in early January and now a large portion of the millions of dollars in transactions it conducts each quarter will pass through the Algorand network.

Other notable partners include Frontier, a chain-agnostic DeFi aggregation layer which received a grant from the Algorand Foundation to grow the Algo DeFi ecosystem, and Opulous, the “first-ever decentralized finance (DeFi) offering backed by music as an asset class.”

Cryptocurrency asset security platform Curv has also joined forces with Algorand and will integrate the network within its asset-agnostic technology infrastructure, while Algorand will benefit from Curv’s custody solutions.

ALGO staking creates buy pressure

Another reason for Algorand’s continued growth comes down to the simplicity of staking on the network. ALGO holders can easily stake their tokens on the network and earn 7.19% by simply holding the tokens in the Algorand Wallet.

Only 1 ALGO is needed to begin earning and currently 2.33 billion ALGO, or 59.5% of the circulating supply, are staked on the network.

As blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies continue to gain widespread acceptance and adoption, networks capable of handling increased transaction loads will be needed to efficiently onboard new users into the crypto ecosystem.

Algorand’s rapidly expanding DeFi infrastructure, a growing list of partnerships and the possibility of it being chosen to support CBDCs show the project has strong fundamentals.

Furthermore, the ability to easily earn a 7% yield while also helping to maintain the network’s security could attract new investors and lead to an uptick in buy pressure for ALGO.
    ==========

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Baby Steps (12th February 2021), gord (12th February 2021), iota (12th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Two of the most successful Bitcoin leverage traders use their chart analysis skills to predict where Bitcoin could break out to if more companies follow Elon Musk and start buying into the market. Both independently predict the $300,000 mark for different reasons.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Elainie (12th February 2021), gord (13th February 2021), iota (12th February 2021), Matthew (12th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

New micropayment system being built on the Hbar network:

In this episode, Alex Taylor, Founder of KPAY, discusses his experience working in various enterprise IT roles and eventually stumbling upon Hedera Hashgraph. Throughout his participation in one of Hedera’s hackathons, Alex ended up building KPAY – one of the easiest to use micropayments tools available today. Simply sign up, add in a link, and start earning cryptocurrency (or fiat) without having to go through any burdensome onboarding processes.

Listen to this podcast to hear Alex’s journey within the Hedera Community, learn more about what he is building with KPAY and what he is most excited about for web 3.0 and cryptocurrency in the future.

Learn more here: https://kpay.live/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

DSKlausler (17th February 2021), gord (13th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Jayke do you know of any safe wallet where we can also keep the hottest coins that are showing up here?

I just don´t want to have several wallets, is there any way around that or am I not getting something?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

gord (13th February 2021), Jayke (13th February 2021)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wegge (here)
    Jayke do you know of any safe wallet where we can also keep the hottest coins that are showing up here?

I just don´t want to have several wallets, is there any way around that or am I not getting something?
    I’m just using Exodus.com for now because you can store all the coins we’ve had under review plus dozens more. The private keys are stored locally on your computer or can be combined with a Trezor for extra security.

I went in heavy on Algorand when it was still trading under a dollar so I’ve just moved these to CoinZoom.com since their holdings are secured by BitGo, only 2% is left liquid on the exchange while the rest is held in cold storage, and your holdings are insured for up to $100million incase of theft or loss. CoinZoom offer between 7%-13% APY on any Algo holdings which even though it’ll fluctuate is better than what Exodus offers. Plus they have a VISA debit card so I’ll be able to spend any of those APY earnings without having to transfer any Algo out of the account.

Downside is you won’t hold your own private keys so beware cancel culture but when you’re only playing with money you wouldn’t miss to begin with, easy come, easy go as they say.

If any of these assets ever do start making serious gains though. There was an entry on the BitGo ledger that when I looked it up wasn’t a coin but a crypto bank.

https://www.silvergatebank.com/

I’ve already got a name for an LLC lined up if my crypto assets ever reach over $100k in value. It can be cheaper to pay yourself in dividends as the director of your own company than it is to pay the capital gains tax if you withdraw the money for profit, at least here in the U.K.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (13th February 2021), Matthew (13th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Amazing!

What do you think about creating a Telegram chat with other interested members and people we know IRL (many of my friends dabble with cryptos now, but they aren´t on PA)

Which could be more of a day to day trends notification thing.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

gord (13th February 2021), Jayke (13th February 2021), Matthew (13th February 2021)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Amazing!

What do you think about creating a Telegram chat with other interested members and people we know IRL (many of my friends dabble with cryptos now, but they aren´t on PA)

Yeah, set it up, the more people compiling their own research around these topics the better.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (13th February 2021), Matthew (13th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Hedera Hbar to be the token behind every debit card transaction in Australia by the end of this year? Not sure how quickly it’ll take for EFTPOS to roll this out but will surely cause an epic bull run like we saw recently with Algorand taking on Brazil’s stablecoin offering.

I wonder why Australia are the first country to take up Hbar? Couldn’t be anything to do with being so close to the Chinese markets perhaps.
    =================
    Australia’s eftpos joins Hedera Governing Council and will run Aussie Hedera network node
    January 28, 2021

eftpos today announced it has joined the Hedera Governing Council and will run the country’s first Hedera network node this year.
    Designed to be the most decentralised governance model for a public ledger, the Hedera Governing Council includes a group of highly diversified enterprises and organisations overseeing a global network of nodes that aims, among other things, to enable low cost micropayments for a range of use cases such as the Internet of Things (IOT) and access to content streamed over the internet.
    eftpos CEO, Stephen Benton, said eftpos joined the Council after a number of successful proofs of concept last year, and it aimed to enhance the company’s digital payments innovation strategy to better meet Australians’ payment needs into the future.

“By joining the Hedera Governing Council and running the Australian node, alongside some of the world’s largest and most influential companies, we are excited to participate in the development of next-generation micropayments technology that has the potential to open up entirely new ways of conducting business for Australian enterprises and enable compelling new experiences for Australian consumers.

“For example, in a world of fast paced technology change, low cost micropayments to pay for internet content or tiny payments for device to device transactions.”

The eftpos digital strategy was devised with an Australian focus, creating world-class innovations to compete with global payments players. The digital strategy has five key elements:

Mobile Wallets including Beem It
    eCommerce
    Digital identity, using connectID
    Fintech ecosystem access
    National QR code payments rollout.

The initial objective of the micropayments proof of concepts, led by eftpos Entrepreneur in Residence, Rob Allen, was to investigate ways to create a seamless, sub-cent micropayments experience as an alternative to traditional online paywalls and subscriptions in the digital world.

“By combining the new eftpos API infrastructure with a consumer wallet-based experience, digital identity, and an AUD-based stablecoin using Hedera’s superfast, secure and low-cost distributed network, the PoC’s objective was demonstrably achieved,” Mr Allen said. “Use cases like this simply are not possible on other public blockchains. Along with several partners, we are now exploring a variety of use cases that this combination of technologies enables and the options to commercialise them.

“Being on the Hedera Governing Council will provide us with the combined technical insight of all the Council members as well as a unique global perspective to improve our speed to market.”

Mance Harmon, CEO and co-founder of Hedera Hashgraph, said, “As Australia’s debit card system operator, eftpos is a critical component of the country’s financial infrastructure, processing over 2 billion transactions in 2020 worth an average of more than $300 million each day. We are pleased that they have joined the Hedera Governing Council as part of their new Australia-first digital product strategy. We look forward to their collaboration with other Council members and participants of the Hedera ecosystem to help make micropayments and other innovative financial models a reality for millions of consumers and billions of IOT devices.”

As the 17th Council member, eftpos joins a growing network of large enterprises, including Avery Dennison, Boeing, Dentons, Deutsche Telekom, DLA Piper, FIS (WorldPay), Google, IBM, LG Electronics, Magalu, Nomura, Swirlds, Tata Communications, University College London (UCL), Wipro, and Zain Group.
    Members of the Hedera Governing Council are responsible for running the initial nodes of the Hedera network, as well as guiding both strategy and software development, over a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms. This contributes to stability and is conducive to maintaining diversity and decentralisation of the public network. Hedera Hashgraph’s node policy and codebase are undergoing continuous updates, to which Council members will contribute, supporting a governance model that eliminates the risk of forks, provides safeguards for users, and preserve the integrity of the Hedera network.
    For more information, visit https://hedera.com/council.

About Hedera

Hedera Hashgraph is a decentralised public network on which developers can build secure, fair applications with near real-time finality. The platform is owned and governed by a council of the world’s leading organisations including Avery Dennison, Boeing, Dentons, Deutsche Telekom, DLA Piper, eftpos, FIS (WorldPay), Google, IBM, LG Electronics, Magalu, Nomura, Swirlds, Tata Communications, University College London (UCL), Wipro, and Zain Group.
    For more information, visit www.hedera.com, or follow us on Twitter at @hashgraph, Telegram at t.me/hederahashgraph, or Discord at www.hedera.com/discord. The Hedera whitepaper can be found at www.hedera.com/whitepaper.

About eftpos

eftpos is Australia’s debit card system, processing over 2 billion debit card transactions in 2020 worth an average of more than $300 million each day.
    eftpos is wholly owned by its 19 members, comprising the largest financial institutions and retailers in Australia, including Adyen, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Australian Settlements Limited, Bank of Queensland Limited, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited, Citigroup Pty Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Coles Group Limited, Cuscal Limited, EFTEX, Fiserv, Indue Limited, ING DIRECT, National Australia Bank Limited, Windcave Pty Ltd, Suncorp Bank, Tyro Payments, Westpac Banking Corporation, and Woolworths Group Limited.

For more information on eftpos, please visit: www.eftposaustralia.com.au
    Media inquiries: Warwick Ponder, eftpos, 0408 410 593, WPonder@eftposaustralia.com.au
    ==========

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (13th February 2021), leavesoftrees (13th February 2021), Matthew (13th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

Amazing!

Count me in

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

gord (13th February 2021), Jayke (13th February 2021), wegge (13th February 2021)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Big announcements in the crypto world due on Monday according to BitBoy. The most impactful one was the revelation that Miami wants to become the Silicon Valley of the crypto world and has agreed to pay its employees in Bitcoin.
    Quote Miami has officially become America’s biggest Bitcoin hub

Miami’s City Commission has successfully passed a resolution proposed by Mayor Francis Suarez that allows municipal employees to get paid in Bitcoin.

The workers of the Magic City will be able to receive either a portion of their salaries or their whole paycheck in the world’s largest cryptocurrency.

To top that off, Miami residents can pay fees and taxes in Bitcoin, which essentially makes Florida’s second-largest city a major cryptocurrency hub.

In his video message, Suarez expressed his gratitude to commissioners for making Miami a “crypto-forward city.”
    But that’s just one of several important news announcements that could make 2021 a year of incredible wealth restructuring for the planet. As the old systems of finance are long overdue a massive crash, money is being funnelled into crypto at massive rates to side step getting caught up in the rubble.

Ditranium (the earthquake prediction through planetary alignments guy) also predicts intense energies by the end of the weekend. Expecting magnitude 8 as a possibility. Let’s see what shockwaves it sends through the financial industries.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (14th February 2021), Matthew (14th February 2021), wegge (14th February 2021)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Hello

@wegge and @jayke may I suggest to create this group with Discord? Avalon already got many users there, you can check it out here:
    https://discord.com/channels/7978451...45142266445845

Despite I dislike exchanges platforms, I am very much interested in the tech itself, then I would like to make part of this group.

Thanks.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

gord (14th February 2021), Jayke (14th February 2021), Matthew (14th February 2021), wegge (14th February 2021)

35. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

Bitcoin continues to spike up, intimidating most other cryptos I like. Doge is giving a very polite descent. Cardano (ADA) buyers and sellers scrap unrelentingly, irrespective of where they are on the log scale. I have no idea what I'm doing, don't listen to me. As far as I'm concerned it's like a bank but you have to make your own interest

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

gord (14th February 2021), Jayke (14th February 2021), palehorse (14th February 2021), wegge (14th February 2021)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 times in 567 posts

RE:

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Hedera Hbar to be the token behind every debit card transaction in Australia by the end of this year? Not sure how quickly it’ll take for EFTPOS to roll this out but will surely cause an epic bull run like we saw recently with Algorand taking on Brazil’s stablecoin offering.

I wonder why Australia are the first country to take up Hbar? Couldn’t be anything to do with being so close to the Chinese markets perhaps.
    =================
    Australia’s eftpos joins Hedera Governing Council and will run Aussie Hedera network node
    January 28, 2021

eftpos today announced ... << see Original Post for the deleted text >>

Media inquiries: Warwick Ponder, eftpos, 0408 410 593, WPonder@eftposaustralia.com.au
    ==========
    Did a little research on HBAR and learned a bunch. Thanx for the ponter Jayke. I am a bit cautious now ...
    Last edited by Vangelo; 14th February 2021 at 13:07.
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

gord (14th February 2021), Jayke (14th February 2021), Matthew (14th February 2021), wegge (14th February 2021)

39. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)
    RE:

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

=================
    January 28, 2021

eftpos today announced ... << see Original Post for the deleted text >>

==========
    Did a little research on HBAR and learned a bunch. Thanx for the ponter Jayke. I am a bit cautious now ...
    Yeah I've seen that one. I researched his research and I couldn't verify his claims. BitBoy did a better job analysing Hbar a while back, seems to have a better grasp of what Hbar is about.

Do a google search for 'Hedera TPS' for different studies and results achieved.
    Last edited by Jayke; 14th February 2021 at 13:35.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

gord (14th February 2021), Matthew (14th February 2021), Vangelo (14th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 3 13 32 LastLast