+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm looking for book reviews (for my book)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,776 times in 451 posts

Default I'm looking for book reviews (for my book)

Hey guys,

I´m about to officially publish my book (on Amazon) in 2 weeks, and leading up to that I´m looking for people that would like to look into it and write a review (this helps to hack the algorithm a bit).

I´ll copy you below the description so you can see if the content is of interest to you.

Here you can download the PDF, I´m also happy to make it available for free in the Avalon Library (there are 3 typos in it, please wait for the final version before you upload it).

Once I have the audio version at hands I´m happy to provide that to the reviewers as well.

PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WLe...ew?usp=sharing

A thank you goes to our forum member Araucaria who helped me with the initial editing process.

The thing has one catch, to make it a verified review, one has to eventually purchase the book so Amazon recognizes it as legit. I would put the e-book version at 0.99$ and then donate all the money from that back to the forum/Bill [hope that approach is fine with the guidelines etc.]

Thank you in advance! Here comes the description:

Your Book for Infinite Inspiration and Personal Growth. Full of Creativity Exercises.
    Read. Do. And... Discover your Life Purposes!

Whether you´re looking for a new career – want to reinvent yourself – revitalize a project or relationship with fresh energy and creativity – this book is for you. It reveals the hidden key to all of these wishes, an empowered Imagination.

The Imagination, secret of the great, also helps you to discover new passions, dreams and life purposes. Or deepen existing ones. And make them a reality.

“Imagination rules the world.” (Napoleon Bonaparte)

Did you know that, according to a study (Global Creativity Gap by Adobe), 75% of people worldwide feel that they are not living up to their creative (imaginative) potential?

One might ask: “What is so bad about it?“

Well, too many humans today feel like they’re only going through the motions in life. Not particularly unhappy, but definitely not excited.
    Lacking a deep sense of inspiration and ongoing personal growth.
    And this translates into unfulfilling careers and lives, but also relationships that disintegrate instead of taking off into new heights.

The solution is simple yet profound. We need to understand the role that the creative Imagination plays in our life (if we want it to or not) and actively strengthen it like a muscle. Time for some fun and fresh (!) creativity exercises.

And this is why this book is important. It gives you loads of inspiration and personal growth. In it you will discover:

⚫simple creativity exercises and examples that strenghten your Imagination and bring it to the next level, even if you think you don´t have any Imagination to begin with (chapters 8+9+11)

⚫how the Philosophy of Imagination [chapter 4] influenced Steve Jobs and brought art into the computer industry [chapter 10]

⚫what kills your Imagination. You will thus save years by not getting caught up in this almost universal malady [chapter 6]

⚫why Buddhism could be dangerous for you [chapter 5]

⚫common mistakes and myths when it comes to discovering your passions, dreams and life purposes and how to prevent them - so you save time and energy [chapter 3]

⚫how Harry Potter would deal with a Lockdown [chapter 9]

⚫a groundbreaking concept that helps you to stop giving a **** what other people think of you and thus express yourself more freely, to finally follow your dreams and live your life purposes.

⚫a bonus chapter on sex+energy, which reveals the one fundamental element that makes relationships work and how that ties in with you as a creative being

If you are still undecided whether this might be for you, take these words from Albert Einstein to heart:

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”

See you on the inside!
    My book on the philosophy and power of imagination and how to train yours:
    www.jinn-imagio.de/book

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2021), Bluegreen (11th February 2021), ExomatrixTV (11th February 2021), Harmony (9th March 2021), Ioneo (11th February 2021), Jayke (11th February 2021), jitu (8th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), Journeyman (11th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (11th February 2021), leavesoftrees (9th March 2021), Michi (11th February 2021), Mike (11th February 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021), palehorse (11th February 2021), raregem (11th February 2021), rgray222 (11th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (9th March 2021), TomKat (11th February 2021), toppy (11th February 2021), Zampano (12th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: I'm looking for book reviews (for my book)

Awesome! I'm only a few pages in and I'm digging it already! Great job!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2021), Harmony (9th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (11th February 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021), toppy (11th February 2021), wegge (11th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Thanks so much, Wegge. I look forward to reading your book. Looks very interesting.
    I also appreciate your generosity to this forum in all aspects you offer.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2021), Harmony (9th March 2021), Jayke (11th February 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (11th February 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021), toppy (11th February 2021), wegge (11th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,881 times in 612 posts

Thank you! I look forward to reading it!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2021), Harmony (9th March 2021), Jayke (11th February 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021), raregem (11th February 2021), toppy (11th February 2021), wegge (11th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thank you everybody for your immediate enthusiasm!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2021), Harmony (9th March 2021), Jayke (11th February 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021), raregem (11th February 2021), toppy (11th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Hey everyone!

Here’s the (unmastered) audio version of the book, if anyone feels like jumping on the review train or just getting a bit inspired for no reason at all

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...nJVNeOSMaVFUwe

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2021), Harmony (9th March 2021), Jayke (20th February 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), leavesoftrees (9th March 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

If anybody is sitting on their review, now would be the right time to put it on the table.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2021), Harmony (9th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 times in 462 posts

I only just saw this thread, have downloaded and will start reading

The tarot card that creative imagination is assigned to is The Empress, who is Venus known for her love and desire. Two qualities that fire imagination!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Harmony (9th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021), wegge (9th March 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

Just like leavesoftrees, I just found the thread, will download the book and get in touch with you after reading it, wegge.

And yes, I fully agree with Einstein, on the subject of Imagination. In several ways I can say the same thing you wrote: in more than one way it has saved my life (too).

Thanks for making the offer, here on PA!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Harmony (9th March 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021), wegge (9th March 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Thank you Johan and Leaves and whoever might have silently gotten involved, I hope you can get as much out of it as I did by immersing myself in this study.

I recently remembered how my (conscious) curiosity about the imagination came about to be, and as most of the very wondrous roads I set my foot on, the initial signpost was here on Avalon, namely from this post by Hervé (known as Amzer Zo back then).

„It is the training of the imagination which is necessary, and it is thanks to this shade of difference that my method (this is Émile Coué talking) often succeeded where others -- and those not the least considered -- have failed. From the numerous experiments that I have made daily for twenty years, and which I have examined with minute care, I have been able to deduct the following conclusions which I have summed up as laws:

1. When the will and the imagination are antagonistic, it is always the imagination which wins, without any exception.

2. In the conflict between the will and the imagination, the force of the imagination is in direct ratio to the square of the will.

3. When the will and the imagination are in agreement, one does not add to the other, but one is multiplied by the other.

4. The imagination can be directed.“

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (9th March 2021), leavesoftrees (10th March 2021), Nasu (9th March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread