Thread: UK PM Boris tells businesses to make up covid rules

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 times in 218 posts

Default UK PM Boris tells businesses to make up covid rules

I read this morning on Yahoo uk news. It has since been taken down.
    It stated that Boris Johnson was avoiding the forcing of rules upon businesses. He wants business to make up their own rules when wanting vaccinated people be the only ones to enter shops and public social life places.
    What do you All think?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th February 2021), Brigantia (16th February 2021), happyuk (17th February 2021), Icare (17th February 2021), Nasu (16th February 2021), Peace in Oz (17th February 2021), selinam (16th February 2021), Tintin (18th February 2021), toppy (17th February 2021), yelik (17th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,169 times in 1,357 posts

Default Re: UK PM Boris tells businesses to make up covid rules

There was a Council of Europe ruling mentioned in this thread; my interpretation of how I think this relates to the law on restrictions in daily life activities in the UK is that this amounts to EU human rights discrimination, to which the UK is still subject. It's an avenue worth exploring.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th February 2021), Nasu (16th February 2021), Peace in Oz (17th February 2021), Sirus (17th February 2021), Tintin (18th February 2021), toppy (17th February 2021), yelik (17th February 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Im glad someone replied as i could t find the thread. Wonders after brexit if thats the reason why

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th February 2021), Nasu (16th February 2021), Tintin (18th February 2021), toppy (17th February 2021), yelik (17th February 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

I noticed Nigel Farage recently said that we should scrap the EU human rights act - I wonder who's side he is really on - seems like he could be controlled opposition.

At the moment it is difficult impose vaccine passports on the grounds of discrimination and basic human rights.

Whilst I voted to leave the Nazi controlled EU it could be we have jumped from the frying pan into the fire with our rights and freedoms. If we scrap the human rights act, which I think might be the plan, we'll be at the mercy of the Crown rulers who will make life difficult without a vaccine passport.

Bill Gates is busy working on this global digital passport and he's a pal of Matt Hancock - the prince of darkness - what could possibly go wrong

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Angels1981 (18th February 2021), Bill Ryan (17th February 2021), Tintin (18th February 2021), toppy (17th February 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,169 times in 1,357 posts

Quote Posted by yelik (here)
    I noticed Nigel Farage recently said that we should scrap the EU human rights act - I wonder who's side he is really on - seems like he could be controlled opposition.

At the moment it is difficult impose vaccine passports on the grounds of discrimination and basic human rights.

Whilst I voted to leave the Nazi controlled EU it could be we have jumped from the frying pan into the fire with our rights and freedoms. If we scrap the human rights act, which I think might be the plan, we'll be at the mercy of the Crown rulers who will make life difficult without a vaccine passport.

Bill Gates is busy working on this global digital passport and he's a pal of Matt Hancock - the prince of darkness - what could possibly go wrong
    They can't scrap the Human Rights Act; that is based on EU law and under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement the UK is still subject to their human rights law, and citizens of the UK still have recourse to the EU Court of Human Rights.

In that link that I gave in my post above, I quoted the relevant info from the House of Commons library. It looks as if we'll have EU human rights protection for many years to come.

I don't believe that Nigel Farage is a force to be reckoned with in UK politics anymore; his platform was to get us out of the EU, and that's his mission completed.
    Last edited by Brigantia; 17th February 2021 at 14:38.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

avid (17th February 2021), Bill Ryan (17th February 2021), meat suit (17th February 2021), Tintin (18th February 2021), toppy (17th February 2021), yelik (17th February 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,246 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by Angels1981 (here)
    Im glad someone replied as I couldn't find the thread. Wonders after brexit if that's the reason why
    This might be helpful. You can always find your own posts and threads here, on the left sidebar of your profile page:

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Angels1981 (18th February 2021), Tintin (18th February 2021), toppy (17th February 2021), Yoda (17th February 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

Yes seems like Farage shot himself in the foot.

It appears the European Convention of Human Rights (ECHR) has nothing to do with the European Union. Also the UK Human Rights Act 1998, which incorporated the ECHR into British law, was passed more than two decades ago with cross-party support. The ECHR itself was championed by Winston Churchill.

I suppose under the COVID Regime Governments can do pretty much as they see fit.

Looking at Covid rules its normal for Governments to pass on the responsibility for managing the guidelines. This typically leads to differences in how businesses owners and other bodies enforce them. The insurance industry will ultimately determine the basic levels of safety companies must adopt.

Its like the regulations around 5G. As long as the em transmissions are non ionising and cause no noticeable heating of the body its considered safe. However the responsibility then passes onto businesses who also have a responsibility to ensure it is safe for their employees. Exposure to young children is a contentious issue but local authorities are ultimately responsible. I communicated with my local authority a few years ago requesting copies of their health and safety assessments of 4G in schools - they went silent as expected.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Tintin (18th February 2021), toppy (17th February 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Im so adament not to have a vaccine but the hard life im having Faith in love. They warned me of this and today i just nipped oyt to get a tea. A couple wouldnt enter the shop till i left. I felt hurt but is this going to be a way of life. Its so shallow of people to segregate others i showed them my exempt badge and went im medical ly exempt. Its saddens me that people can be so quick to judge and look down on you like your a piece of vermin. Which im not. Its so discrimination to do this stuff.
    Thank you Bill.
    I thought i dont know pil

Olitics so much but they seem to just think of a law and then when they decide that they have something better they put that in place. I think both sides of politics are the same they all on same page they just do things in a different way.

So business can shut you out for refusal to wear a mask, not being vaccinated even though if you dont want one you are discriminated against for having that choice and a back lash for not obeying society.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels1981 For This Post:

Peace in Oz (18th February 2021), Tintin (18th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread