+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Is anyone else considering moving to another country to somewhere freer of covid measures?

1. Link to Post #61
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,427 times in 1,706 posts

Default Re: Is anyone else considering moving to another country to somewhere freer of covid measures?

If you have not been there even on vacation, which is not enough, don't make a commitment unless you can change your mind
    and return to your former pace fairly easily.

Good luck!
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Alecs (18th July 2021), All is one (18th July 2021), Bill Ryan (11th May 2021), Hym (11th May 2021), IChingUChing (10th May 2021), Matthew (8th May 2021), Patient (7th May 2021), Stephanie (8th May 2021), wondering (7th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #62
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,221 times in 2,093 posts

Default Re: Is anyone else considering moving to another country to somewhere freer of covid measures?

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    If you have not been there even on vacation, which is not enough, don't make a commitment unless you can change your mind
    and return to your former pace fairly easily.

Good luck!
    Well said - a vacation will not provide a good look into living in a place as a resident. Then you also need to understand what the status of your visa really means and if it will mean more than just words on paper.

I once had a visa to live in the USA. The terms were that I could stay as long as my business was making money. The business went under (long story, not for here), and we were homeless. Based on the visa, we should have been kicked out. However, even after going to homeland security, they did not kick us out - they would do nothing to help us either.

It was ridiculous - I said to the officers there "I am currently here illegally. If I get work, I will be working illegally." They just shrugged their shoulders and said "sorry, nothing we can do."

Even Canadian customs would not help in any way.

Church groups would not help because we did not have US i.d.

So, that was way before covid. So if you are going to go to another country, it is a dice roll IMHO.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Alecs (18th July 2021), Bill Ryan (11th May 2021), EarthGirl (11th May 2021), East Sun (8th May 2021), gord (8th May 2021), Hym (11th May 2021), IChingUChing (10th May 2021), Matthew (8th May 2021), Pam (18th July 2021), Stephanie (8th May 2021), wondering (11th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

I'm more sold on an isolated location in my current country. I think another country doesn't help, from my PoV that this is a globalist coup. Foreign travel is a snare trap, and work will become increasingly difficult. Ideally I want to pool with my brother and find a location together, but it does depend on our timings.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Alecs (18th July 2021), Bill Ryan (11th May 2021), DNA (11th October 2022), EarthGirl (8th May 2021), Ewan (11th May 2021), Hym (11th May 2021), IChingUChing (10th May 2021), Mike (8th May 2021), Myristyl (20th May 2021), Pam (18th July 2021), Peace in Oz (11th May 2021), Stephanie (8th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th May 2021), TomKat (9th May 2021), wondering (11th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #64
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

Thanks for everyone's contributions so far.

We are closer than ever to leaving Germany. Although none of the vaccines has yet been approved for use on children here, a governmental doctors' committee has said that from winter 2021 children will not be able to attend Kindergarten or school without having had a covid vaccine. Kintergarten (KITA) can be attended by children, actually babies as young as 6 months and they will require a vaccine to be able to go to KITA. School in Germany is mandatory so this means all school children must get the covid vaccine. Why all parents are not on the streets of Germany today, I can't understand. Already at least 4 children have died in the vaccine trials and yet Germany is saying they must all be vaccinated.

This on top of the side effects issue caused by being around vaccinated people.

Both these issues directly affect my family and we see no other option but to leave.

We are slowly narrowing down the where to and the when.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Alecs (18th July 2021), Antagenet (11th May 2021), aoibhghaire (10th May 2021), Bill Ryan (11th May 2021), EarthGirl (11th May 2021), Ewan (11th May 2021), Hym (11th May 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (11th May 2021), Matthew (11th May 2021), Pam (18th July 2021), Peace in Oz (11th May 2021), Stephanie (12th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (11th May 2021), TealHorizon (24th February 2023), TomKat (10th May 2021), wondering (11th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,844 times in 2,378 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    I'm more sold on an isolated location in my current country.
    I keep looking at this option too but it consumes too much of my capital. Then again, the future may not hold much in the way of capital for anyone... and then again, again.. a warmer climate allows for more crop growth and variation.

This country (UK) will not fare well in a complete collapse of the economic world we are tied into. Third world countries will fare much better as vastly more people are used to basics and self-sufficiency.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Alecs (18th July 2021), All is one (18th July 2021), AutumnW (18th July 2021), Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), EarthGirl (11th May 2021), gord (18th May 2021), Jambo (24th February 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (11th May 2021), Matthew (11th May 2021), palehorse (24th February 2023), Pam (18th July 2021), Stephanie (12th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (11th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    ...capital...
    Isn't it just. My plan/hopes hinge on my brother and I combining sales from our properties. We've talked about it, and it's my best plan but it's not certain; anything could happen. If I can't do this with my brother, I believe I might be able to team up with some other nutcase who shares our world view and do the same with them. I'm not thinking commune, it would be two people(/families) combining, possibly three max. Some land with property, out the way, compromising in favour of isolation

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

All is one (18th July 2021), Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), EarthGirl (11th May 2021), Ewan (11th May 2021), palehorse (24th February 2023), Pam (18th July 2021), Stephanie (12th May 2021), wondering (12th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

...capital...
    Isn't it just. My plan/hopes hinge on my brother and I combining sales from our properties. We've talked about it, and it's my best plan but it's not certain; anything could happen. If I can't do this with my brother, I believe I might be able to team up with some other nutcase who shares our world view and do the same with them. I'm not thinking commune, it would be two people(/families) combining, possibly three max. Some land with property, out the way, compromising in favour of isolation
    I'm an Aries, how do you do.

Edit: Seriously, to add. I keep looking at woodlands. Planning permissions are almost ironclad against building residences - but, if the world does go to pot.. perfect location!
    Last edited by Ewan; 11th May 2021 at 17:47.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), EarthGirl (11th May 2021), gord (18th May 2021), Hym (11th May 2021), Matthew (11th May 2021), palehorse (24th February 2023), Pam (18th July 2021), Stephanie (12th May 2021), wondering (12th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

...capital...
    I'm an Aries, how do you do.

Edit: Seriously, to add. I keep looking at woodlands. Planning permissions are almost ironclad against building residences - but, if the world does go to pot.. perfect location!
    Aquarius, very incompatible signs but who cares about that right now, ...priorities. The combined capital idea feels like a strong one. The minimal viable product for me is a property with a water supply, isolation, land to grow, electric supply, internet, possibly livestock, able to have a bonfire 24/7. Actually that's not very minimal but probably achievable. Fewer the number that combine capital then fewer the complications I'm guessing. With my brother and I, we agreed we would need individual properties and have fundamentally individual lives, but shared land etc. Boundaries init

Edit update: I love the woods, and live in a forest borough - massive forest a short walk away. I would prefer to move to the woods but my brother prefers somewhere near the sea so I'm likely to compromise with him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Matthew; 11th May 2021 at 18:15.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), EarthGirl (11th May 2021), Ewan (11th May 2021), Pam (18th July 2021), Stephanie (12th May 2021), wondering (12th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 times in 806 posts

In January 2021, more than 12,000 expat respondents from across the globe took part in the latest Expat Insider survey. Together, they represent a total of 174 nationalities and live in 186 countries or territories around the world. And, for the first time since the Expat Insider survey was launched in 2014, more than 6,000 local residents — many former and future expats among them — also had the opportunity to respond to selected questions; most of these addressed the way the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic might have disrupted relocation plans or a recent stay abroad.

https://cms-internationsgmbh.netdna-...der-2021_0.pdf
    For free society!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), DNA (24th February 2023), Ewan (8th June 2021), Harmony (18th July 2021), IChingUChing (18th May 2021), Michi (20th May 2021), wondering (18th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Saw a property in Ireland that had potential so investigated a visit to the Emerald isle.

The Irish Govt require a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival, once you passed that hurdle you then have to self-isolate for 14 days at whichever address you supplied. However you can after just 5 days of self-quarantine have a second PCR test and if that is also negative you may wander free.

Quote All passengers are required to have a negative pre-departure Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in Ireland. Antigen or other test types do not meet the requirement. Arriving in Ireland without evidence of a negative/‘not-detected’ test result is an offence. Travellers may be subject to prosecution and will be required to enter and pay for mandatory hotel quarantine.

and

All passengers arriving in Ireland from Great Britain must quarantine at home for 14 days, with limited exceptions. This is a legal requirement. The period of home quarantine can be shortened following a negative PCR test after 5 days – see Irish Government guidance on how to book and take your free PCR test. You should retain the written confirmation of your negative test results for at least 14 days.
    So you have to take two tests that were never designed for this kind of testing and pay in the region of £100 per person per test.

A helpful link to test providers is supplied.

I couldn't even be bothered to count them, hundreds of them. Nice to see people capitalising on fear and madness hasn't gone out of fashion, some things are still the same despite all the other changes going on.

However, if you joined the club..

Quote No travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary for travellers from the UK with valid proof of full vaccination. On arrival in Ireland, fully vaccinated passengers travelling from Great Britain will need to have proof of their full vaccination, for example showing their NHS App Covid Pass, a vaccination status letter or their NHS vaccine paper card.

Children under the age of 12 will not need to take a PCR test prior to travelling to Ireland.
    Incidentally if you're not vaccinated and still decide to go then kids 7-17 will also require a PCR test.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

All is one (18th July 2021), aoibhghaire (18th July 2021), Bill Ryan (18th July 2021), Harmony (18th July 2021), I should cocoa (19th July 2021), iota (11th October 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (18th July 2021), Miller (24th February 2023), Pam (18th July 2021), Peace in Oz (19th July 2021), wondering (18th July 2021)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 times in 336 posts

I'm more sold on an isolated location in my current country.
    I keep looking at this option too but it consumes too much of my capital. Then again, the future may not hold much in the way of capital for anyone... and then again, again.. a warmer climate allows for more crop growth and variation.

This country (UK) will not fare well in a complete collapse of the economic world we are tied into. Third world countries will fare much better as vastly more people are used to basics and self-sufficiency.
    I'm in what would be considered the 2 or 3rd world... just outside of a medium sized city in Mexico.
    The economy here is doing alright so far. A lot of people are moving here from all over the world, and it is keeping the local
    economy very pumped up.

In my little neighborhood:
    Everyone owns their house outright, no one has to pay the bank. Very low property taxes, very little to no crime, clean, friendly people, good cheap public transportation, low unemployment rate, not much inflation, great climate - no need for air con or heating ever, low divorce rate, extended family lives nearby, neighborhood church built by neighbors, family run grocery stores within walking distance.
    Every day I thank God I got out of the USA.
    There are several good Telegram groups for people considering moving here.
    Good Luck to all.
    I hope especially our European members will consider moving as an option.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

Agape (11th October 2022), Arcturian108 (11th October 2022), Bill Ryan (11th October 2022), DNA (11th October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Harmony (11th October 2022), iota (11th October 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (11th October 2022), Mari (26th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th October 2022), Peace in Oz (11th October 2022), Rizotto (11th October 2022)

23. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,654 times in 4,302 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (here)
    Quote Posted by chrifri (here)
    Quote Posted by Mark/Rahkyt (here)
    I hear good things about Panama. I have a good friend and Ex-Patriot who has lived there now a few years. She started in Costs Rica for a year of so but found Panama more to her liking. Knowing her and myself, I’m pretty sure we share many of the same considerations.

When I left the states and moved to Canada in 2010, I wasn’t planning on coming back. I was “called” to return in early 2013. After all I’ve been through the past few years, I’m not feeling that call as strongly as I did anymore. Which might mean I’ve done what I’m supposed to do.

We will see what happens next, but Central and South America are where I’m drawn to, rather than Africa, Europe or Asia.
    Hi Mark
    Panama has many advantages for expats. However regarding Covid, Panama has been and still is very restrictive. If you don't mind wearing masks and total or partial lock downs, Panama is OK. But if you do not like wearing masks etc, better check the actual Covid measures with your friend.
    One of the countries with less restrictive Covid measures in South America (maybe the country with the least restrictive Covid measures, at least in the Southern part) is Uruguay.
    I don't mind.

Considering the nature of the Great Britain, South Africa and now the California variants of the coronavirus that are considered to be not only more contagious but more deadly, it's looking more and more like the earliest version of Covid-19 was just a warm-up, or this thing is just so canny it is figuring out how to evolve better than any other virus ever. My friend has talked about the health climate down there in regards to the rona but she has underlying conditions and so is cautious by nature. Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that Uruguay, perhaps for not-so-obvious reasons.
    I'm off the opinion there was little to no danger from the virus, far more deadly were the treatments of rendisivir and breathing machines.
    And yet even more deadly would be the vaccinations being forced on folks via medical tyranny.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Harmony (11th October 2022), iota (11th October 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th October 2022)

25. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,654 times in 4,302 posts

I'm more sold on an isolated location in my current country. I think another country doesn't help, from my PoV that this is a globalist coup. Foreign travel is a snare trap, and work will become increasingly difficult. Ideally I want to pool with my brother and find a location together, but it does depend on our timings.
    I agree with your sentiments entirely.
    I think it would be a good idea to recognize the specific modus operandi being specifically used in your present location and where you are thinking of moving.

We are talking globalists wanting a one world government through the use of bleeding heart sentiment utilizing and empowering liberal government.

The UK is presently facing the same problem the rest of Europe is facing.
    Questions with power undoubtedly leading to outages especially in the winter, food shortages, massive civil unrest but another wild card would be the refugee situation.
    I believe they are a Trojan horse, to be armed by the globalists at a specific time and sent United under their belief to attack the constituents that hold a country together.
    This last scenario worries me greatly.

I don't see the same situation playing out in Latin American countries. The less established countries are not their focus from what I'm seeing. Africa would probably be good as well as SE Asia. Australia is obviously hyper controlled.

Just some thoughts

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th October 2022), Ewan (23rd November 2022), Harmony (11th October 2022), Matthew (12th October 2022), palehorse (24th February 2023), Peace in Oz (13th October 2022)

27. Link to Post #74
    England Avalon Member TealHorizon's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I've always felt some sort of spiritual kinship with Africa since I was a young lad. I visited Zambia, Rwanda and a little of Bostwana mid 2019 and it was probably the longest period of my life I have been consistently happy. With Zambia especially I felt like I was home. During covid a mate I met there was telling me how there weren't any restrictions and nobody cared, but unfortunately during the end of covid the typical thing happened of a new president coming in who was completely pro WHO and NWO.

The only other concern with Zambia (and indeed most of Africa) is that countries are in the Chinese government's pocket via way of loans and infrastructure. Fair to say a lot of African countries would be incredibly rich but end up getting sold out by leaders or just flat out assassinated if they don't play ball to the NWO agenda, as we saw recently with Tanzania. However I think day to day and outside of the central capitals, most people are left to their own devices and live a peaceful existence.

Unfortunately with no degree it can be a nightmare to immigrate and I think my only option is to open a business. I'm planning to travel more to weigh my options and slowly building up my savings to one day move.

If anyone does plan to visit sub-Saharan Africa and would like some info or tips, please feel free to reach out.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TealHorizon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th February 2023), DNA (24th February 2023), Ewan (24th February 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (24th February 2023), palehorse (24th February 2023), Peace in Oz (25th February 2023)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,557 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by TealHorizon (here)
    I've always felt some sort of spiritual kinship with Africa since I was a young lad. I visited Zambia, Rwanda and a little of Bostwana mid 2019
    I spent a few weeks in Botswana a little while back, and was really impressed with everything I saw. Good education, good roads, good communications, and very little of the kind of poverty that is endemic in other African countries. (I always wanted to go to neighboring Namibia, but never made it there.)

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (24th February 2023), Miller (24th February 2023), palehorse (24th February 2023), Peace in Oz (25th February 2023), TealHorizon (1st April 2023), Yoda (24th February 2023)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 times in 144 posts

I'm looking at a location in vietnam, up in the northern mountains.
    60-80deg weather, very cheap cost of living, hill tribes galore, nice scenery, fresh food, fresh air, mountains, waterfalls, canyons, wildflowers
    Hanoi looks very convenient for entry/exit.
    I've never been in Vietnam but have visited china, thailand, malaysia, south korea, singapore, india, nepal...
    Looks like 180 day visas are available and extendable but need to do some more research on this one.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TEOTWAIKI For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th February 2023), Ewan (26th February 2023), Peace in Oz (27th February 2023), TealHorizon (1st April 2023), TomKat (27th February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4