+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biden takes first military action with strike on Iran-backed militias

1. Link to Post #1
    Portugal Avalon Member gs_powered's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Biden takes first military action with strike on Iran-backed militias

I was expecting at least 2 months before seing the US drawn to war... Sleepy Joe don't seem to be sleeping no more

"The Pentagon said the strike on Thursday was launched "at President Biden's direction".

It targeted facilities located at a border control point used by a number of Iran-backed militia groups, including Kataib Hezbollah and Kataib Sayyid al-Shuhada, it said.

Kataib Hezbollah and Kataib Sayyid al-Shuhada have previously carried out or supported rocket attacks targeting US assets in the country.

In its statement, the Pentagon said the operation "sends an unambiguous message", it said in a statement.."

Source:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56205056

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gs_powered For This Post:

avid (27th February 2021), Baby Steps (27th February 2021), Gracy (26th February 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Kryztian (26th February 2021), Nasu (26th February 2021), Olam (27th February 2021), Open Minded Dude (26th February 2021), Peace in Oz (28th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (26th February 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Biden takes first military action with strike on Iran-backed militias

Well I don't like this kind of stuff any more than it sounds like you do, he voted for the Iraq war as well. But it's not war, not unless similar actions like assassinating Soleimani or jacking Syria's oil are also considered war.

The US is the world's bully, that's just how we roll no matter who's in the big chair.

4. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,125 times in 21,069 posts

Default Re: Biden takes first military action with strike on Iran-backed militias

(Fake) "President Biden's direction" ?

As if Biden "decides" ... he is just a Nato-Bilderberg-WEF-CFR-TC puppet following (globalists) orders.

... Sleepy Beijing Biden has all the signs being senile and having dementia (both are mental issues) and there are 100s of videos last 2 years to prove exactly that ... and the MSM does everything to cover that up and/or to spin it somehow in his "advantage" if there is such a thing.

Utterly pathetic, msm that is ... and all who trust/follow/copy the msm pushed narratives as gospel.

cheers,
    John

• Remember this msm BS in 2016? ... The opposite came true ... msm never get a "fact check" from the "authoritative fact checkers sites" mostly (indirectly) funded by Bill Gates & Soros ... go figure.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th February 2021 at 16:18.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

eagle0027 (26th February 2021), janette (27th February 2021), mojo (26th February 2021), Nasu (26th February 2021), Open Minded Dude (26th February 2021), ryanfraser (27th February 2021)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Obama left some regimes standing in the Middle East, never got his war with Russia or WW3. So Biden has a lot left to do. Democrats: you voted for this.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Blastolabs (27th February 2021), Eva2 (26th February 2021), iota (3rd April 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Nasu (26th February 2021), thepainterdoug (26th February 2021)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,237 times in 3,167 posts

could have set my watch to it.

deep state , happy again

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Eva2 (26th February 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Mashika (27th February 2021), Nasu (26th February 2021), sunwings (26th February 2021), TelosianEmbrace (2nd March 2021)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Gracy May. I hear you. But then again, everything is a matter of degree, isn't it?

A lie, like telling a friend you like they're bad haircut to make them feel good, is a lie as telling a friend you didn't steal their money when you did.
    Both are lies, one for good, one not so.

If killing Soleimani , 1 bad person, would advert deployment of military action and so , would that not be a good" bad "thing?

Now it will remain to be seen what deep state joes decision will yield , so all hold on. However, I have been told by my alphabet friend that Iran is quite powerful, and the last Country you want to mess with.
    Iran has put a ton of money and resources into defensive weaponry and tech. This will not be easy if it escalates.

Lastly, yes, we may be the bully in the world, but we have also done good for many. Have we not?

I had a bully in school that was kind enough to save myself and many of us smaller folk from the really bad guys. Its all a matter of degree.

can you say folk anymore?

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Blacklight43 (27th February 2021), iota (3rd April 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Mashika (27th February 2021), Nasu (26th February 2021)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,547 times in 787 posts

Last edited by Elainie; 26th February 2021 at 16:15.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Alan (3rd March 2021), ExomatrixTV (26th February 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Mashika (27th February 2021), Nasu (26th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (26th February 2021)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Gracy May. I hear you. But then again, everything is a matter of degree, isn't it?

A lie, like telling a friend you like they're bad haircut to make them feel good, is a lie as telling a friend you didn't steal their money when you did.
    Both are lies, one for good, one not so.

If killing Soleimani , 1 bad person, would advert deployment of military action and so , would that not be a good" bad "thing?

Now it will remain to be seen what deep state joes decision will yield , so all hold on. However, I have been told by my alphabet friend that Iran is quite powerful, and the last Country you want to mess with.
    Iran has put a ton of money and resources into defensive weaponry and tech. This will not be easy if it escalates.

Lastly, yes, we may be the bully in the world, but we have also done good for many. Have we not?

I had a bully in school that was kind enough to save myself and many of us smaller folk from the really bad guys. Its all a matter of degree.

can you say folk anymore?
    Here's the way I see it Doug. The US has had it in for Iran, ever since they dared overthrow our man the Shah in '79. Don't forget, empire never forgets. They've been one of our most consistent boogeymen ever since. "Iran bad guy". And that's it, nothing more need be said, 1953 never happened.

Soleimani wasn't a terrorist, he was fighting ISIS but that was the piss poor excuse. Now the piss poor excuse is that we're letting Iran know we're serious about the supposed evil militias they sponsor. Again, it's boogeyman nonsense. Propaganda is actually the correct term.

Now I don't see any difference in these two attacks on them, other than it was different people having their strings pulled from the big chair. Others may see it differently, fair enough, but I would be interested in the reasoning on why they are so different.

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Ok Gracie, i get it. I always tell people,

I wasn't there

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

janette (27th February 2021), Mashika (27th February 2021), Nasu (26th February 2021)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

It seems like we are going back to the same old play book. The only winners will be the suppliers of the equipment of war.

The so called reason seems very disproportional. The official line is "It came after a civilian contractor was killed in a rocket attack on US targets earlier this month. A US service member and five other contractors were also injured when the rockets hit sites in Irbil, including a base used by the US-led coalition. The messaging around this strike is probably more important than the strike itself."

Lets bomb them into understanding the message that peace is love and love is doing things our way or its the DMZ....x... N
    Last edited by Nasu; 27th February 2021 at 00:48.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Blastolabs (27th February 2021), Iancorgi (27th February 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Mashika (27th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th February 2021)

19. Link to Post #11
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    It seems like we are going back to the same old play book. The only winners will be the suppliers of the equipment of war.

The so called reason seems very disproportional. The official line is "It came after a civilian contractor was killed in a rocket attack on US targets earlier this month. A US service member and five other contractors were also injured when the rockets hit sites in Irbil, including a base used by the US-led coalition. The messaging around this strike is probably more important than the strike itself."

Lets bomb them into understanding the message that peace is love and love is doing things our way or its the DMZ....x... N
    Well there's also the reasoning "you can't be the winner if someone else is the winner" and "you can't win the race if someone else runs faster than you"

So there are two options, you practice and get better and win a fair competition, or you break the other person's legs so that there is no competition

I guess what Joe Biden said "You can't act with impunity, be careful" shows what the second approach looks like. Only the US is allowed to act like that, for everyone else, is leg breaking time. Unless you play nice and avoid running very fast and accept you may participate but never attempt to come on top, ever.. And if you do, it's leg breaking time

As far as i have seen, most of the people in the US are not aware of what really goes on out there, it's hidden from them because they would never accept that reality, and its too late to changes things so much and tell them "if we stop doing this, we will not be on top anymore, we went so far into this path, the only option to continue going is forward, we can't fall back anymore"
    Last edited by Mashika; 27th February 2021 at 03:34.
    Tired

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

janette (27th February 2021), Nasu (27th February 2021), Pieman (27th February 2021), TomKat (27th February 2021)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Chappelle hit the nail on the head a long time ago with this skit (apologies for the shoddy quality):

Said it before and I'll say it again, read the book Confession of an Economic Hitman (hopefully I'm not thinking of Oil Power and Empire?). It discusses the US's preferred methods of subterfuge vs Russia/China's methods.
    Last edited by Strat; 27th February 2021 at 04:19.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2021), iota (3rd April 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Kryztian (27th February 2021), Nasu (27th February 2021)

23. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has no problems with the strike, so there we have it.

Now the all important question begs, does this change any perceptions that the move is unacceptable?

Skip ahead to the 2:40 mark:

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

thanks Gracie May. its always good to know that the "opposite camp" so to speak, is in synch . We are one Country, and with all the division we tend to forget that. We all tend to look back on our previous presidential choice and ask, was he given the same courtesy of agreement from the other side? NOPE!
    And on we go, right?

I think it's all about Israel anyhow. Iran is no pushover from what I hear from my ABC bud .

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

janette (27th February 2021), Nasu (28th February 2021)

26. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    The US is the world's bully, that's just how we roll no matter who's in the big chair.
    I hear this sentiment often and I am 50/50 on it. I think it's true but the caveat is that it's because we have the means to be the bully. If another country had our ability to do as they wish they would probably do the same thing.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Gracy (27th February 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Nasu (28th February 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st March 2021)

28. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    I hear this sentiment often and I am 50/50 on it. I think it's true but the caveat is that it's because we have the means to be the bully. If another country had our ability to do as they wish they would probably do the same thing.
    Sure, very likely so given human nature. We just happen to have had the torch of empire passed on to us from our fading British mentors. Interesting how easily our continued conditioning into the "American Exceptionalism" type of mindset, allows repeated atrocities to be committed under the guise of "we're the good guys here to save the world from itself".

And of course part of this conditioning also includes screaming like stuck pigs when any other country tries to flex even a mustard seed of international muscle, they're portrayed as dangerous, reckless, the latest in a long line of evil boogeymen must be stopped, less freedom be forever snuffed out on the face of the earth.

And we fall for it every time.

Imagine the howls if Russia, or China, had just made a similar strike for "supposedly" defensive reasons. Or if either of those two were running around slapping crippling sanctions (that only affect innocent civilians) on any country that dared to not bend the knee, we'd see both as egregious acts of war. But when we do it, it's just something that simply must be done in order to make the world a better place.

It all comes back around full circle to the old as above so below "if my guy does it it's okay, but if your guy does it then we have a serious problem on our hands".

I'd like to see an American citizenry with the mindset that if anybody does it, we have a serious problem on our hands, "my guy" or no.

29. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately this is another position where I just tend to annoy my fellow countrymen, I see both sides of the story.

For 1 I defend my people and our actions. But I'm also critical. Terrorism is very real, but it's also a term that is used to brainwash people. If my family is bombed out of existence I'm not going to philosophically post on forums. I'm grabbing a gun and getting revenge, even if it's misguided.

I don't think that person (so called terrorist or bad guy) is evil, I think they're pissed to a level that cannot be described, and anyone in their shoes would have the same reaction. I understand this is a massive topic, I'm just briefly making a point here.

Most of my countrymen roll their eyes at me when I talk like this. Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Gi Joe and all that. Oh and then the evening news. Books are for dorks, no time for that between work and the latest Playstation. How could we do wrong? Ironically the (combat) veterans themselves tend to be more understanding.
    Last edited by Strat; 27th February 2021 at 18:09.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Gracy (27th February 2021), I am B (28th February 2021), janette (27th February 2021), Nasu (28th February 2021)

31. Link to Post #18
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

I think its better to always put a distinction between the american government and the American people. the former is a bully and the later is a victim just like anyone in the world

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

iota (3rd April 2021), Nasu (28th February 2021)

33. Link to Post #19
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,408 times in 647 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Sure, very likely so given human nature. We just happen to have had the torch of empire passed on to us from our fading British mentors. Interesting how easily our continued conditioning into the "American Exceptionalism" type of mindset, allows repeated atrocities to be committed under the guise of "we're the good guys here to save the world from itself".

And of course part of this conditioning also includes screaming like stuck pigs when any other country tries to flex even a mustard seed of international muscle, they're portrayed as dangerous, reckless, the latest in a long line of evil boogeymen must be stopped, less freedom be forever snuffed out on the face of the earth.

And we fall for it every time.

Imagine the howls if Russia, or China, had just made a similar strike for "supposedly" defensive reasons. Or if either of those two were running around slapping crippling sanctions (that only affect innocent civilians) on any country that dared to not bend the knee, we'd see both as egregious acts of war. But when we do it, it's just something that simply must be done in order to make the world a better place.

It all comes back around full circle to the old as above so below "if my guy does it it's okay, but if your guy does it then we have a serious problem on our hands".

I'd like to see an American citizenry with the mindset that if anybody does it, we have a serious problem on our hands, "my guy" or no.
    I noticed that many US Americans do not even know about some of the atrocities and the many civil war casualties that US 'intervention' has caused in the post-WW2 era.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/from-1...he-usa/5660519

They also don't know a thing about the perpetual 'drone war' going on in many countries.
    Last edited by Open Minded Dude; 28th February 2021 at 01:27.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Gracy (28th February 2021), Nasu (28th February 2021)

35. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member pabranno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,749 times in 320 posts

Does anybody have any thoughts on the repercussions of this in the current geopolitical environment?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast