+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: What Happens After You Die And Before You Reincarnate - Between Lives

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Default Re: What Happens After You Die And Before You Reincarnate - Between Lives

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Newton said in Journey of Souls that there is no such thing as possession. I remember, after it came out, Sylvia Browne adopted that official position herself (kind of playing catch-up) on Montel Williams. Within a few years of that it became quite accepted among the New Age that possession was a fact, and there were a LOT of practitioners doing non-Christian exorcisms. Sylvia Browne even got in on the act and started proclaiming the reality of possession and saying she did exorcisms.

Anyway, it has always struck me that you have to take a bottom-up view as well as a top-down view to get at practical truth. The bottom-up view usually comes from shamanism or shamanic-like processes. The top-down view usually comes from channelling and books such as Journey of Souls. Ignore the bottom-up at your own peril.
    Another term used is "Remote spirit releasment". Exorcisms done remotely. Much safer and highly effective. I've learned the technique Karl Mollison uses going through the divine realm. Spirit possession is a whole other topic. Highly misunderstood and unappreciated.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Harmony (22nd March 2021), justntime2learn (22nd March 2021), Mashika (23rd March 2021), Peace in Oz (22nd March 2021), rgray222 (22nd March 2021), TomKat (23rd March 2021), WhiteFeather (3rd April 2021), Wind (22nd March 2021), wondering (24th March 2021)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 times in 685 posts

Default Re: What Happens After You Die And Before You Reincarnate - Between Lives

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2021), justntime2learn (22nd March 2021), lisalu (24th March 2021), Mashika (23rd March 2021), rgray222 (22nd March 2021), TomKat (23rd March 2021), Wind (22nd March 2021), wondering (24th March 2021)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    Newton said in Journey of Souls that there is no such thing as possession. I remember, after it came out, Sylvia Browne adopted that official position herself (kind of playing catch-up) on Montel Williams. Within a few years of that it became quite accepted among the New Age that possession was a fact, and there were a LOT of practitioners doing non-Christian exorcisms. Sylvia Browne even got in on the act and started proclaiming the reality of possession and saying she did exorcisms.

Anyway, it has always struck me that you have to take a bottom-up view as well as a top-down view to get at practical truth. The bottom-up view usually comes from shamanism or shamanic-like processes. The top-down view usually comes from channelling and books such as Journey of Souls. Ignore the bottom-up at your own peril.
    Another term used is "Remote spirit releasment". Exorcisms done remotely. Much safer and highly effective. I've learned the technique Karl Mollison uses going through the divine realm. Spirit possession is a whole other topic. Highly misunderstood and unappreciated.
    I would like to know about this more, would you care to perhaps share it privately?

Possession is as real as the Sun on the sky, one has to look no further than into personality disorders and other various mental illnesses.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2021), justntime2learn (22nd March 2021), Mashika (23rd March 2021), rgray222 (22nd March 2021), TomKat (23rd March 2021), Tyy1907 (23rd March 2021), wondering (24th March 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)

I would like to know about this more, would you care to perhaps share it privately?

Possession is as real as the Sun on the sky, one has to look no further than into personality disorders and other various mental illnesses.
    Sent you pm

The topic of spirits should have its own thread. Maybe that's my next project.
    Last edited by Tyy1907; 23rd March 2021 at 04:37.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2021), Mashika (23rd March 2021), rgray222 (23rd March 2021), Wind (23rd March 2021)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    Since then I had read just a lot of things related into reincarnation and every doctrine, religion, mediums, etc.. have a different idea of it, what bugs me the most is that in Buddhism for example, it is said it takes about 49 days to the spirit reincarnate, during a period of 7 weeks process.. others mediums says it can take as long as it is necessary.. there is no agreement in between them.
    Buddhism does not say it takes 7 weeks or 49 days to reincarnate. In Buddhism it is taught that the 8th consciousness commonly referred to as soul can take up to 7 weeks to reincarnate. The best chance for reincarnation is within the first week after passing. Within the first week, there will be at least 3 days for the soul to completely detach energetically from the physical body, so within 3 days of passing, it is best not to disturb the body. Then after this period the soul can travel at the speed of light to find a fetus to enter into based on strong karmic attraction/match.

If after the first week, the soul does not find a suitable infant, then it searches again the 2nd week trying to find a suitable fetus based on next best karmic attraction/match. It progresses through each week, trying to find a suitable fetus, and each subsequent week will be a weaker karmic attraction/match.

If after 7 weeks no suitable match is found, then the soul becomes a hungry ghost, wandering through our realms, always searching and never being satisfied. It can stay as hungry ghost hundreds of years or thousands of years if a benevolent spirit or being does not intervene to assist the hungry ghost to move onto the next realm.

My wife's close friend who she considered as her "Mom" passed away years ago, and after a week of passing, decided to stay around her vacant house. The deceased person willed the house to my wife, and the week after the funeral my wife went through the house to clean out the house, and my wife felt her presence strongly. Every morning, one of the bedroom lamp was always on when my wife went to clean the house, even though she was very certain that she had turned off the lamp every afternoon. After several days of this, we consulted a highly spiritual friend, who suggested that we Smudge the house by burning white sage. We performed smudging ceremonies for two days, and after 2nd day of smudging, the deceased friend's spirit was gone from the house. The deceased friend was very strong willed person, very possessive and very strongly attached to the house.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (3rd April 2021), Harmony (23rd March 2021), Mashika (23rd March 2021), rgray222 (23rd March 2021), wondering (24th March 2021)

11. Link to Post #46
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    Since then I had read just a lot of things related into reincarnation and every doctrine, religion, mediums, etc.. have a different idea of it, what bugs me the most is that in Buddhism for example, it is said it takes about 49 days to the spirit reincarnate, during a period of 7 weeks process.. others mediums says it can take as long as it is necessary.. there is no agreement in between them.
    Buddhism does not say it takes 7 weeks or 49 days to reincarnate. In Buddhism it is taught that the 8th consciousness commonly referred to as soul can take up to 7 weeks to reincarnate. The best chance for reincarnation is within the first week after passing. Within the first week, there will be at least 3 days for the soul to completely detach energetically from the physical body, so within 3 days of passing, it is best not to disturb the body. Then after this period the soul can travel at the speed of light to find a fetus to enter into based on strong karmic attraction/match.

If after the first week, the soul does not find a suitable infant, then it searches again the 2nd week trying to find a suitable fetus based on next best karmic attraction/match. It progresses through each week, trying to find a suitable fetus, and each subsequent week will be a weaker karmic attraction/match.

If after 7 weeks no suitable match is found, then the soul becomes a hungry ghost, wandering through our realms, always searching and never being satisfied. It can stay as hungry ghost hundreds of years or thousands of years if a benevolent spirit or being does not intervene to assist the hungry ghost to move onto the next realm.

My wife's close friend who she considered as her "Mom" passed away years ago, and after a week of passing, decided to stay around her vacant house. The deceased person willed the house to my wife, and the week after the funeral my wife went through the house to clean out the house, and my wife felt her presence strongly. Every morning, one of the bedroom lamp was always on when my wife went to clean the house, even though she was very certain that she had turned off the lamp every afternoon. After several days of this, we consulted a highly spiritual friend, who suggested that we Smudge the house by burning white sage. We performed smudging ceremonies for two days, and after 2nd day of smudging, the deceased friend's spirit was gone from the house. The deceased friend was very strong willed person, very possessive and very strongly attached to the house.
    The 8th consciousness addresses the seeds remaining for your next iteration. The strongest experience links to yourself that can't be erased and survive the process or something like that

I don't remember it having anything to do with the actual mechanism of reencarnación. Much less specific time frames

Specially, buddhism doesn't have a 'soul' concept in the way christian religions do. There is no soul that gets 'reborn' into another body, there is energy, but not a single soul keeps an identity, this is hard to explain in short

Where did you learned this from? Do you have a reference to it, a book or website?

This is Zoto? Right? You should know that Zoto Zen, or Zoto Buddhism is incorrect in many ways, it was merged with western beliefs so that people would accept it and understand it easier, then it was never corrected to the actual eastern Buddhism teachings

That's actually bad, nothing in the core of Buddhism mentions that stuff about days and what happens in detail. Time, days, those are human concepts, disconnected from the outer energy realm. That's a mixture of Christian concepts with Buddhism :/

On the Bible, everything is related to human time, days and nights, and so on, No such thing in Buddhism, that's how is easy to find when Dogen Zen is involved

See this, please, if you are interested, the Soto Zen school is compromised knowledge, doesn't respect the roots, but it's the most popular in the west, just exactly because there are terms and concepts that can be easily related by westerners. That doesn't mean those are correct..

Quote After the death of Ejō, a controversy called the sandai sōron occurred. In 1267 Ejō retired as Abbot of Eihei-ji, giving way to Gikai, who was already favored by Dogen. Gikai too originally was a member of the Daruma school, but joined Dōgen's school in 1241, together with a group from the Nōnin school led by Ekan. Gikai introduced esoteric elements into the practice:
    Quote With the premature death of Dōgen the group lost its focus and internal conflicts led to a split. Dōgen's followers soon introduced such esoteric elements as prayers and incantations into the teaching.
    and

Quote Dōgen's memory has helped keep Eihei-ji financially secure, in good repair, and filled with monks and lay pilgrims who look to Dōgen for religious inspiration ... the Dōgen we remember is a constructed image, an image constructed in large measure to serve the sectarian agendas of Eihei-ji in its rivalry with Sōji-ji. We should remember that the Dōgen of the Shōbōgenzō, the Dōgen who is held up as a profound religious philosopher, is a fairly recent innovation in the history of Dōgen remembrances
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%8Dt%C5%8D

If you are interested, you should avoid going directly to Japanese Zoto Zen, or at least, once you read and learn from it, then compare against Chinese, Indian and Russian Zen and Buddhism, so you can get a full view of it and don't be mislead

I don't believe in Zoto Zen by the way, i've seen how destructive it can be, after a while, for people who profoundly believe in it and get lost in contemplating themselves as something so special that they get arrogant and foolish, and end up becoming 'aware' of everyone else's faults but the ones they have. That' what happens when someone miscontructs or redefines concepts they were not allowed to do in the first place

I can't do anything just suggest, it is on your end in the end, but i hope and wish you well
    Last edited by Mashika; 23rd March 2021 at 09:40.
    Tired

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2021), onevoice (24th March 2021), rgray222 (23rd March 2021), TomKat (23rd March 2021), wondering (24th March 2021)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

The 8th consciousness addresses the seeds remaining for your next iteration. The strongest experience links to yourself that can't be erased and survive the process or something like that

I don't remember it having anything to do with the actual mechanism of reencarnación. Much less specific time frames

Specially, buddhism doesn't have a 'soul' concept in the way christian religions do. There is no soul that gets 'reborn' into another body, there is energy, but not a single soul keeps an identity, this is hard to explain in short

Where did you learned this from? Do you have a reference to it, a book or website?

This is Zoto? Right? You should know that Zoto Zen, or Zoto Buddhism is incorrect in many ways, it was merged with western beliefs so that people would accept it and understand it easier, then it was never corrected to the actual eastern Buddhism teachings

That's actually bad, nothing in the core of Buddhism mentions that stuff about days and what happens in detail. Time, days, those are human concepts, disconnected from the outer energy realm. That's a mixture of Christian concepts with Buddhism :/

On the Bible, everything is related to human time, days and nights, and so on, No such thing in Buddhism, that's how is easy to find when Dogen Zen is involved

See this, please, if you are interested, the Soto Zen school is compromised knowledge, doesn't respect the roots, but it's the most popular in the west, just exactly because there are terms and concepts that can be easily related by westerners. That doesn't mean those are correct..

Quote After the death of Ejō, a controversy called the sandai sōron occurred. In 1267 Ejō retired as Abbot of Eihei-ji, giving way to Gikai, who was already favored by Dogen. Gikai too originally was a member of the Daruma school, but joined Dōgen's school in 1241, together with a group from the Nōnin school led by Ekan. Gikai introduced esoteric elements into the practice:
    Quote With the premature death of Dōgen the group lost its focus and internal conflicts led to a split. Dōgen's followers soon introduced such esoteric elements as prayers and incantations into the teaching.
    and

Quote Dōgen's memory has helped keep Eihei-ji financially secure, in good repair, and filled with monks and lay pilgrims who look to Dōgen for religious inspiration ... the Dōgen we remember is a constructed image, an image constructed in large measure to serve the sectarian agendas of Eihei-ji in its rivalry with Sōji-ji. We should remember that the Dōgen of the Shōbōgenzō, the Dōgen who is held up as a profound religious philosopher, is a fairly recent innovation in the history of Dōgen remembrances

If you are interested, you should avoid going directly to Japanese Zoto Zen, or at least, once you read and learn from it, then compare against Chinese, Indian and Russian Zen and Buddhism, so you can get a full view of it and don't be mislead

I don't believe in Zoto Zen by the way, i've seen how destructive it can be, after a while, for people who profoundly believe in it and get lost in contemplating themselves as something so special that they get arrogant and foolish, and end up becoming 'aware' of everyone else's faults but the ones they have. That' what happens when someone miscontructs or redefines concepts they were not allowed to do in the first place

I can't do anything just suggest, it is on your end in the end, but i hope and wish you well
    I haven't followed or studied any of the Buddhism sects you mentioned. The Mahayana Buddhism, which is one of the main branch of Buddhism is what I've studied. Yes you're right, Buddhism in general does not teach the concept of soul or a self. So I was attempting to relate the 8th consciousness in a way that most Westerners are not familiar with the 8th consciousness. When we die, the 8th consciousness is what survives, it retains all of our past lives experiences; it is like a computer hard drive that survives between computer power up and power down cycles, so please don't take it literally.

Anyway, basically what I explained in my previous post is based on a lecture by my wife's sister who is ordained Buddhist master who have founded a respected monastery in Taiwan each year. Hundreds of people come from all over the world to practice Buddhist meditation at her monastery. She was taught by a famous Chinese Buddhist master, whose Dharma lineage can be traced back to the historical Guatama Buddha. I studied under a world famous Buddhist master, whose Dharma lineage can also be traced back to the historical Guatama Buddha. These two masters have attained enlightment for certain, and I trust that they would have complete understanding of our whole human experience, especially the reincarnation process. And the main thrust of my previous post describes the general case of most average unenlightened human experiences. It is a serious crime with heavy karmic retribution for a master to convey teaching that is incorrect or may harm the spiritual progress of others.

Also you are right in that this explanation is not found in any traditional written Budhism book, I believe it is based on the comprehensive understanding a master obtains through complete enlightenment. Weeks before my wife's sister's master passed away, he knew that he would be passing soon, so he prepared his disciples weeks in advance. My own master had a unique ability to teach Buddhism that is custom tailored to each person in the audience. In other words, each of us in the Dharma hall would hear what appears to each of us to be a speech custom tailored to the unique needs of each of us. Only a completely enlightened being can do this.

The explanation I described does not pertain to someone who is enlightened. An enlightened person would by pass the reincarnation process immediately upon passing and be in nirvana which is beyond the duality that most unenlightened people would experience through the Samsara process.

Mashika, what is your qualification for critiquing the various Buddhism sects you mentioned in your last post?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

rgray222 (24th March 2021), wondering (24th March 2021)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

Uh, spiritual qualification... (?)

16. Link to Post #49
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

and

I haven't followed or studied any of the Buddhism sects you mentioned. The Mahayana Buddhism, which is one of the main branch of Buddhism is what I've studied. Yes you're right, Buddhism in general does not teach the concept of soul or a self. So I was attempting to relate the 8th consciousness in a way that most Westerners are not familiar with the 8th consciousness. When we die, the 8th consciousness is what survives, it retains all of our past lives experiences; it is like a computer hard drive that survives between computer power up and power down cycles, so please don't take it literally.

Anyway, basically what I explained in my previous post is based on a lecture by my wife's sister who is ordained Buddhist master who have founded a respected monastery in Taiwan each year. Hundreds of people come from all over the world to practice Buddhist meditation at her monastery. She was taught by a famous Chinese Buddhist master, whose Dharma lineage can be traced back to the historical Guatama Buddha. I studied under a world famous Buddhist master, whose Dharma lineage can also be traced back to the historical Guatama Buddha. These two masters have attained enlightment for certain, and I trust that they would have complete understanding of our whole human experience, especially the reincarnation process. And the main thrust of my previous post describes the general case of most average unenlightened human experiences. It is a serious crime with heavy karmic retribution for a master to convey teaching that is incorrect or may harm the spiritual progress of others.

Also you are right in that this explanation is not found in any traditional written Budhism book, I believe it is based on the comprehensive understanding a master obtains through complete enlightenment. Weeks before my wife's sister's master passed away, he knew that he would be passing soon, so he prepared his disciples weeks in advance. My own master had a unique ability to teach Buddhism that is custom tailored to each person in the audience. In other words, each of us in the Dharma hall would hear what appears to each of us to be a speech custom tailored to the unique needs of each of us. Only a completely enlightened being can do this.

The explanation I described does not pertain to someone who is enlightened. An enlightened person would by pass the reincarnation process immediately upon passing and be in nirvana which is beyond the duality that most unenlightened people would experience through the Samsara process.

Mashika, what is your qualification for critiquing the various Buddhism sects you mentioned in your last post?
    My qualifications are not something i need to discuss, This is exactly what i said when i wrote this, about the danger of doing this exact thing

Quote i've seen how destructive it can be, after a while, for people who profoundly believe in it and get lost in contemplating themselves as something so special that they get arrogant and foolish, and end up becoming 'aware' of everyone else's faults but the ones they have.
    On pure Zen, words are meaningless, trying to find a lineage and show it and say "this is where i learned" can very easily turn into ego. So even if i could, i won't

But to explain in short, i started studying Buddhism when i turned 4, through games and talks and so on, then spent most of the past 20 years on it and on Zen for the most part of the past 7/8 years, i've seen, as i said before, how destructive it can get, when focusing on specific things, like which/how many books one has read, or who was the teacher and so on

In any case, like i said, specific time frames like that, do not belong in Zen or Buddhism, but are part of 'new age buddhism' which comes from a mixture of Soto Zen with other religions and beliefs

In the end, who cares except for what the words said. And the words also have to be thrown out once you read them, less you become a copy of your teacher's views and end at the beginning, once again

I don't know about Taiwan, but as i said, the days and weeks stuff is completely not part of Buddhism except for Soto Zen and 'new age' versions of it

Anyway, it's still good to compare, you were very sure that part is true, but it would probably have issues if looked more deeply into what it means and how it affects people's paths, but i don't feel like this was the meaning of this thread, and even if we were into that, i think you have your beliefs firmly set by now, and that's cool

Asking for my "qualifications" after you describe a lineage and how much important and respected the masters are and how a lot of people come from all over the word and so on? That's ego sorry, and also immediately say "I need to find a way to tell you i know something from someone higher in social status than you"

Completely turn off for any meaningful conversation

ETA:

Even if i were a Zen Master, (which i'm not) you would still not believe any words i said and try to explain things in a way that makes you come out on top in the end, it's so much like what i've always experienced in the westerns views. I'm not trying to offend you or criticize by the way, just pointing out that it's very common to see it like this.

But thanks for not mentioning age on this, or attempt to bring it up in a subtle way so as to say "what could you possibly know". Unless asking for qualifications also involves saying "i'm 40 and your not, so i know better"

In that case, i would propose this thought

For people who started learning later in life, they are usually asked to drop all they think they know, and start again so that the concepts can be understood correctly. So to prevent mixing up incompatible concepts and ending up with a mixed view of reality that ends up nowhere in the end, as much as it seems to be true all the time

So, if someone were to be 30, and start at that point, and at the same time someone is 4 and starts at that point, the 4 year old has a 26 year advantage over the 30 year old person..

And here's why, despite you studying Buddhism, you have not unlearned one important thing, that it's only you, and not your teacher, or the masters or anyone else.

Mentioning lineage like that, such a western thing to do. Just like saying, I studied at MIT, or Harvard.. where did you study?

There was no need to bring that up, spirituality is not a competition of who went to the best school, it doesnt matter in any possible, meaningful way. It just leads to soul destruction.. Contemplating one self as someone special or favored among others leads to soul destruction
    Last edited by Mashika; 24th March 2021 at 10:15.
    Tired

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (3rd April 2021), Hym (3rd April 2021), Patient (24th March 2021), rgray222 (24th March 2021), Ti (25th March 2021), wondering (24th March 2021)

18. Link to Post #50
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

A zen master was asked by as student "What happens when you die master?"
    Answer "I dont Know"
    Student "But you are a master"
    Answer "Yes --but Im not a dead master"

Think that sums it up.
    So many opinions -- concepts

Nasargadatta Maharajh was clear -- get rid of all concepts -- thats not it.

A master dies and soon there are so many saying -- "This is what the enlightened one meant"
    Standard advice be still, be quiet.
    All the rest mind stuff --story telling.
    At least non duality is not a religion, quite a few sages but no "church".
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (24th March 2021), earthdreamer (25th March 2021), Hym (3rd April 2021), I am B (24th March 2021), Mashika (25th March 2021), Michi (24th March 2021), Peace in Oz (24th March 2021), rgray222 (24th March 2021), WhiteFeather (5th April 2021), Wind (24th March 2021)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

My mum shared this much with me and though it’s not very detailed experience it carried a special “truth stamp” within.
    This happened two or three months before she passed away actually. Doctors had tried to force her Prednisone instead other medication she could not do with and she resented that so much she has decided to call it a quit.
    She’s been through life long medical experiment, few transplantation sand in lots of pain.

But and despite that she was in very sweet and spiritual mode the years before leaving and excited about how far can we get with all the information we have already and piling. She spent some of her last eye sight on discovering the internet the way teenagers do it, I suppose.

She related a special dream experience where her subtle body levitated - ascended to the upper atmosphere and stayed suspended in meditative state.
    She said it was all empty ( I laughed) and experience of profoundly deep state of mind and dissolution.

After some time though she said as if there were beings behind a space wall, talking to her in slow peaceful voice. There were many beings but only one voice.

She looked down and could see the Earth bellow as some kind of glass sphere.

She saw it needs to repair itself and is capable of doing so.

Then those beings/spirits ( allegedly, technologically equipped according to mum : 😅 but you all have heard those stories ) told her she will rejoin them at some point.

I know she has experienced sadness on leaving here ..

But is it truly possible that our subtle selves can levitate and ascend to the upper layers of stratosphere and stay there in state of recuperation, even suspended animation until they themselves decide about their future fate.

I just want to keep this Grace short 🙏🌟🙏

But feel free to imagine your own passage ...

🌟

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

earthdreamer (25th March 2021), Eva2 (25th March 2021), greybeard (25th March 2021), Mashika (25th March 2021), rgray222 (24th March 2021), TomKat (31st March 2021), WhiteFeather (5th April 2021)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,599 times in 9,592 posts

Hello Rgray and fellow Avalonians,
    I just wanted to check in again because Ive also have wanted to know for a long time what happens to us after death, and so in the nineties I started researching and collecting books on death and dying and reincarnation, etc. I amassed quite a number of books, but my favorite/ impressive ones are the following:

Old Souls by Tom Schroder ( all about Dr Ian Stevenson global research on children’s reincarnation memories)
    Life Before Life by Helen Wambach
    At The Hour of Death by Karlis Osis, PH.D, Erlendur Haraldsson, PH.D, introduction by Elizabeth Kubler Ross, MD
    Life Between Life by Joel L Whitton, MD,PH.D and Joel Fisher
    The Case for Reincarnation by Joel Fisher
    The Mystery of Death & Dying, Initiation At The Moment of Death by Earlene Chaney
    My Proof of Survival Personal accounts of Contact with the Hereafter compiled and edited by Andrew Honigman
    A Soul’s Journey by Peter Richelieu

I also have many more books, PMH Atwater, Carol Bowman ( like her books on children’s memories of past lives collected from accounts in the US), Raymond Moody, etc..

The two Michael Newton books mentioned in this thread although informative they’re not enough for me, in the sense that something is missing or not expressed fully.
    Also throughout my adult years I’ve had close relatives and friends come to me in my dreams to let me know they are leaving soon. My grandma and my mom both showed me beautiful places, when they came, my mom met me in an emerald forest, the green was so vibrantly beautiful, and she was young, beautiful, not old. Not something I like to admit, but it did influence my curiosity about death and the afterlife. My father’s long term heart disease, was another factor. My father did come to me as well and I understood what he showed me...
    As to past life recall with my father which only happened a few years before he passed. It helped me understand why he was the way he was with me in this life, why he was so stubborn with some of his opinions, beliefs and perceptions. It wasn’t easy... but when he needed help I was always there for him.
    These days I’m more concerned with time is running short. I hope I can finish or accomplish what I came here to do in this life because I don’t think I want to come here again. Among other things I love to create..I love to paint and embroider and cook, but mostly I would like to visit the Redwoods, the Grand Canyon again some day soon, and the Hopi mesas, and see the Sleeping warrior mountain again.
    As my father once told me I was always different, more than he knew as well. As a child I hated that I couldn’t speak with my mind, that we had to use cars because as I put it we couldn’t teleport, we had t invented it yet..and mostly that I couldn’t do “magic” as in fairytales. To me the word animal is degrading to the intelligent beings, Creatures is better. They love us so much and can help us so much...if we let them...my opinion.
    Now I find solace in books like “To Hear the Angels Sing” by Dorothy Maclean and “Nature Spirits” by Rudolph Steiner.
    Love and Goodwill to you all. R

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Agape (3rd April 2021), George (3rd April 2021), Hym (3rd April 2021), lisalu (3rd April 2021), Michi (3rd April 2021), rgray222 (3rd April 2021), WhiteFeather (5th April 2021), Wind (3rd April 2021)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,241 times in 4,595 posts

According to one of our Zen Buddhist friends,
    there are two ways ..the Way of Life
    and the Way of Death.

He’s actually coined it “the Love of Life” and “love of Death”.

If you live long you realize we love both,
    suppose they’re right on time.

The best nights deep sleep is like “small death”, forgetting the world completely we wake up new and refreshed, even repaired.
    Wonder if many of us had the ability to sleep deeply in our youth but lost it with years of stress and overwork or long studies

Deep meditation too is like small death state when everything possible and impossible dissolves , for time being.

If you slow the process down and keep walking “out” from this life towards the Gate of another world

you may notice the way is long and landscapes are changing

You may notice shadowy figures
    and scenes of your best memories
    trying to meet you on the way
    and stop you from proceeding

What happens at the time we arrive at the gate
    no one knows but sure there is security check for ordinary citizens.

Where you proceed depends on the path you have chosen

My “religion” is Life , there is much more Life out there in the Universe than we can currently describe or understand.

We are Life, we are Intelligent Sequence

We are the chain of causes of consequences

We create.

We are an intent, and path to accomplishment

No matter how long it takes

We will get there

We are Einstein-Bose condensate, read plasma blobs.

Shedding this human vessel
    is not unlike snake shedding it’s skin.

It’s a vulnerable process and time for the soul.

It’s good to choose safe and peaceful environments for that time..

Many people do not pay the right amount of attention to their transition ...

The next world is not yet ready they say , they’re vacuuming sofa ..

🦠 🚿😅 oh no

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

rgray222 (3rd April 2021), WhiteFeather (5th April 2021)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,235 times in 2,174 posts

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    According to one of our Zen Buddhist friends,
    there are two ways ..the Way of Life
    and the Way of Death.

He’s actually coined it “the Love of Life” and “love of Death”.

If you live long you realize we love both,
    suppose they’re right on time.

The best nights deep sleep is like “small death”, forgetting the world completely we wake up new and refreshed, even repaired.
    Wonder if many of us had the ability to sleep deeply in our youth but lost it with years of stress and overwork or long studies

Deep meditation too is like small death state when everything possible and impossible dissolves , for time being.

If you slow the process down and keep walking “out” from this life towards the Gate of another world

you may notice the way is long and landscapes are changing

You may notice shadowy figures
    and scenes of your best memories
    trying to meet you on the way
    and stop you from proceeding

What happens at the time we arrive at the gate
    no one knows but sure there is security check for ordinary citizens.

Where you proceed depends on the path you have chosen

My “religion” is Life , there is much more Life out there in the Universe than we can currently describe or understand.

We are Life, we are Intelligent Sequence

We are the chain of causes of consequences

We create.

We are an intent, and path to accomplishment

No matter how long it takes

We will get there

We are Einstein-Bose condensate, read plasma blobs.

Shedding this human vessel
    is not unlike snake shedding it’s skin.

It’s a vulnerable process and time for the soul.

It’s good to choose safe and peaceful environments for that time..

Many people do not pay the right amount of attention to their transition ...

The next world is not yet ready they say , they’re vacuuming sofa ..

🦠 🚿😅 oh no
    Small death, la petite mort?

Quote La petite mort (French pronunciation: ​[la pətit mɔʁ], the little death) is an expression which means "the brief loss or weakening of consciousness" and in modern usage refers specifically to "the sensation of post orgasm as likened to death."[1]

The first attested use of the expression in English was in 1572 with the meaning of "fainting fit." It later came to mean "nervous spasm" as well. The first attested use with the meaning of "orgasm" was in 1882.[1] In modern usage, this term has generally been interpreted to describe the post-orgasmic state of unconsciousness that some people have after having some sexual experiences.

More widely, it can refer to the spiritual release that comes with orgasm or to a short period of melancholy or transcendence as a result of the expenditure of the "life force." Literary critic Roland Barthes spoke of la petite mort as the chief objective of reading literature, the feeling one should get when experiencing any great literature.

The term "la petite mort" does not always apply to sexual experiences. It can also be used when some undesired thing has happened to a person and has affected them so much that "a part of them dies inside." A literary example of this is found in Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles when he uses the phrase to describe how Tess feels after she comes across a particularly gruesome omen after meeting with her own rapist:

She felt the petite mort at this unexpectedly gruesome information, and left the solitary man behind her.

The term "little death," a direct translation of la petite mort, can also be used in English to essentially the same effect. Specifically, it is defined as "a state or event resembling or prefiguring death; a weakening or loss of consciousness, specifically in sleep or during an orgasm,"[2] a nearly identical definition to that of the original French. As with "la petite mort," the earlier attested uses are not related to sex or orgasm.
    - Wikipedia

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

rgray222 (3rd April 2021)

28. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Default Dolores Cannon

Delores Cannon (Deceased but may of returned to us again) had some great stuff on this topic. It's in some of her books, I believe The Convoluted Universe series. I'm sure there are many videos on you tube also.

This could be one of them.
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 3rd April 2021 at 20:02.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (13th April 2023), rgray222 (3rd April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3