+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Happens After You Die And Before You Reincarnate - Between Lives

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Default Re: What Happens After You Die And Before You Reincarnate - Between Lives

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    this is my favorite subject today.  I study NDE , OBE and soul journey continually.   It all speaks to me as the most credible of revelation regarding the so called afterlife.
    I agree and I honestly believe that there is something in the fabric of our DNA that tells us the afterlife is not only credible but real.

Here are some random thoughts that I have had over the years on reincarnation/afterlife.
    • If human consciousness (the soul) doesn’t recycle/reincarnate, we’d be outside a process that includes everything else in the universe but us. That is not only improbable but it would be an anomaly of nature so great that it makes no sense. 
    • We all know people that have been in toxic relationships or we have been in them ourselves. These relationships are often described on day one as deep connections or we hear those involved say, I feel like I have known him/her my entire life. Well, there is a good chance we have known them a lot longer than just this one life. When the relationship goes toxic quickly we are simply being told that the relationship with this person is not for us in this life. We were not meant to make a life or start a long-term relationship with this person. We are being told to let it go and move onto someone that will help us grow to achieve a higher level of understanding in this particular life. Toxic relationships are not confined to romantic relationships. 
    • We have all heard people say, "my life flashed before my eyes in a split second". I believe that those words ring true because time to us on earth is completely different to those in the afterlife. Ten days on earth could be equivalent to one day in the afterlife. 
    • Researchers have studied young children's reports of past-life memories for more than 5 decades. The children usually describe a recent, ordinary life, and many of them have given enough details so that one particular deceased individual has been identified to match the children's statements. These cases occur worldwide and are not confined to any one geographical region or religious doctrine. The only difference is that some cultures and religions are more accepting of reincarnation.
    • Certain life events or trauma can trigger past life memories or abilities.  Just a quick story to validate this point. My son's closest childhood friend recently died. We attended a "celebration of life" for him last week at a hotel. Due to COVID they only allowed 50 people to be in the room at any one time.  Around the large room were hundreds of his paintings. They were beyond amazing. Some were abstract, others were impressionist style yet others so realistic that you almost thought they were photographs. He was only 34 when he died and it appeared to me that he was still searching for a style that he was most comfortable with or a style to call his own.  When he was 25 he joined the military and eventually found himself fighting in the Afghanistan war.  He told us that he had no artistic ability whatsoever as a child. I believe something traumatic happened in Afghanistan that triggered this ability that was learned in a previous life. He had often made the comment that he ability appeared out of thin air.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), earthdreamer (24th March 2021), Franny (10th March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (10th March 2021), Hym (10th March 2021), I am B (10th March 2021), Jad (4th April 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th March 2021), Mike (10th March 2021), onevoice (23rd March 2021), palehorse (10th March 2021), RunningDeer (3rd April 2021), Sadieblue (10th March 2021), Siphonemis (10th March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), thepainterdoug (10th March 2021), Tyy1907 (10th March 2021), Wind (10th March 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: What Happens After You Die And Before You Reincarnate - Between Lives

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    The 6 years period would fits in my time frame since uncle's death and my birth.
    Is this one you are referring to?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Material
    Yeah, Jane Roberts' Seth. There's a guy named Mark Frost who's supposedly channelling Seth nowadays, but I don't give him a lot of credibility. He asks Seth for confirmation of his own ideas and, of course, gets that confirmation from "Seth." :-)
    Last edited by TomKat; 11th March 2021 at 11:25.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (10th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Journeyman (10th March 2021), palehorse (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michi (here)
    I don't subscribe to the "went to earth to grow"-meme as it is soooo utterly illogic.
    If you went here for that reason - then I am sure you found the worst option.
    How could one ever to expect to learn from ones mistakes or wrong-doings when he's forgot it all next times reincarnation comes around?
    No, this plane is just a play ground, entered either by purpose in order to have some tickling adventures or because someone convinced you. (or to help some)
    There is this fixed belief, that one has to undergo adversity in order to grow as a being.
    Why would an infinite powerful being need to grow?
    How about, he just wants to have fun and challenges and adventures?
    And I am sure there are other places with plenty of choices and combinations.
    In the end one has to decide, which place to go and which surroundings to create.
    I kind of agree with you, but I think it's more along the lines of "why would an infinite being want to shrink?" Bored of being infinite, we shrink ourselves down and play at being finite.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (10th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), justntime2learn (10th March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), Michi (10th March 2021), palehorse (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), thepainterdoug (10th March 2021), Tyy1907 (10th March 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

This topic has always fascinated me to no end. Some thoughts and things I've read:

In a sense we're all actors down here. Some are good and some not so much. An overarching theme is that past life karma seeks a rebalancing. So victims and perpetrators tend to find each other in subsequent lifetimes. Roles can reverse in order to bring energies back to balance.

Past life traumas - if not healed in some way- will manifest in some way like if someone died of the spanish flu they may be petrified of getting covid. Or even people who were hanged sometimes have neck or throat issues in future lives.

Average number of lifetimes each person has had is around 420.

The act of forgiveness heals and therefore severs the karmic connection one has to a perpetrator. So when Jesus said "forgive them father they know not what they do", he was simultaneously forgiving them, healing the karma instantly.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Journeyman (10th March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    A short while after my son's mother, my ex-wife, passed on I asked him where she was at.

He said she was sent to a training for those people who had addictions. That makes sense as that is why she passed away some 10 years ago, even as the time we had spent with her shortly before, had quickly improved her health, until we left to come back here. Many lessons there for me, yet a calmness and deeper communication with her for my son, one that continues to this day.

That's very interesting Hym. Thanks for sharing that.

It reminded me of what my friend Jim told me once, after his close friend had committed suicide. He said he had a lucid dream a few weeks later, where this deceased friend had come to visit him. And the friend told Jim that he was assigned to a group of people - all suicides - whose job it was to go out into the world and prevent disasters. It wasn't to defuse bombs or anything like that; he gave Jim an example but I've sort of forgotten. I think the group had prevented a structure from caving in on some people or something of that nature.

Anyway, it all rang very true to me.

Anyone know what Newton says about fate vs free will?
    I believe that the Newton research indicated that souls are shown probable outcomes in a life before selecting it, but also are trained in how to pick up alternate life paths during a lifetime if the outcomes change. Therefore, some freewill seems to be involved if outcomes can change.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Mike (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Somewhere in ancient scriptures (possibly Vedanta) I recall seeing the purpose of Creation referred to simply as the "Causeless Cause".
    Perhaps we assign meaning to existence that isn't really there, except inasmuch as we imagine it ourselves.
    Perhaps it really is all just a play....and we go amiss when we take it all too seriously.

Maya by the Incredible String Band

"The dust of the rivers does murmur and weep
    Hard and sharp laughter that cuts to the bone
    Ah, but every face within your face does show
    Going gladly now to give himself his own

And twelve yellow willows shall fellow the shallows
    Small waves and thunder be my pillow
    Upon the gleaming water two swans that swim
    And every place shall be my native home

The east gate like a fortress dissolve it away
    The west gate like a prison O come break it down
    Island I remember living here
    Wandering beneath the empty skies

In time her hair grew long and swept the ground
    And seven blackbirds carried it out behind
    It bore the holy imprint of her mind
    As green-foot slow she moved among the seasons

The great man, the great man, historians his memory
    Artists his senses, thinkers his brain
    Labourers his growth
    Explorers his limbs
    And soldiers his death each second
    And mystics his rebirth each second
    Businessmen his nervous system
    No-hustle men his stomach
    Astrologers his balance
    Lovers his loins
    His skin it is all patchy
    But soon will reach one glowing hue
    God is his soul
    Infinity his goal
    The mystery his source
    And civilisation he leaves behind
    Opinions are his fingernails

Maya Maya
    All this world is but a play
    Be thou the joyful player

The wanderer no sense does make
    His eyes being tied in the true love's knot
    The trees perceive his soul
    Do not detain him long

Dear little animal dark-eyed and small
    Caring for your fur with pointed paws
    This hawk of truth is swift and flies with a still cry
    A small sweetmeat to the eyes of night

O dandelion be thou thine
    Reflecting the sun in sexual glory
    In ever-changing tongues
    The ever-changing story

The book, man, bird, woman, serpent, sea, sun
    Blessed O blessed are they of the air
    Your eyes, they are the eyes of the glad land
    Ye twelve that will enter the seasons

The great ship, the ship of the world
    Long time sailing
    Mariners, mariners, gather your skills

Jesus and Hitler and Richard the Lion Heart
    Three kings and Moses and Queen Cleopatra
    The Cobbler, the maiden
    The mender and the maker
    The sickener and the twitcher
    And the glad undertaker
    The shepherd of willows
    The harper and the archer
    All sat down in one boat together
    Troubled voyage in calm weather

Maya Maya
    All this world is but a play
    Be thou the joyful player"

Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), earthdreamer (24th March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), palehorse (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), wondering (10th March 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by I am B (here)
    Alan Kardec's spiritism (1857) is +90% what is explained on the first post.
    I've never ever connected so much with anything like I did with the book of spirits. Highly recommend it.
    It also gives an interesting justification to all of it. Putting the soul on a path of a moral learning process, where different lives give us different teachings and improve our spirits as a meaning of existence.
    Then, with the book of mediums it expands on the different ways of interacting with this paralel world, and how ritualism isn't that important at all, but the feeling and willfulness that is put into thoughts prayers and actions. Kardec contrasts with the methods of Newton cited here, yet the conclusion is preety much the same.

Something curious imo, is that despite agreeing that past lifes had effects on our souls, Kardec never talks about regression methods themselves (not that I remember any at all), since it claims that we're supposed to learn from this life, as a consequence of the previous ones. I've personally never known about any regression hypnotist here, and at the same time im still debating with myself if i shouldn't in a spiritual way or if im just scared.

Something that sticks preety nicely to this general concept of existance too, more in a material than a "explicitly" spiritual way, is stoicism and the writings of Marcus Aurelius. (which I'm reading from now and then and highly recommend too)

On the other hand,
    Despite not being a drug consummer myself (never did, even cigarettes) I like investigating about drug effects, etc., specially when related to music. And I found out that the general stories coming from people who took DMT or salvia divinorum, (unlike psylocibine, LSD, etc) experience effects that are really really close in explaination to this spirit world: Fear of letting go of the material, Timeless dimension with entities that are familiar and greet them, usually having messages to them, etc.
    With this I don't promote or support any drug consumption in any way, but maybe it is one of the material "tools" that some souls may need to improve, or as a test of their Impulsiveness/greed for power, allowing them to visit the afterlife while still on earth.

Amazing thread!!!

Thanks for that input, DMT and Mushrooms has being used as a "tool" for Millennias, it is called "the spirit molecule" in some circles, both compounds open the gates or doors of our mind.
    I myself had experienced both Psilocybin and DMT, they are quite powerful substances, but different, the DMT feels more like cleanse of body and mind, Psilocybin is very deep trance trip down the rabbit hole (cosmic earth mixed with lots of self similarity patterns going on and on, not really helpful in my opinion), seems like never ending and makes one physically drained out of energy, DMT the very next day one feels like light and very sharp, you can feel the energy flowing in the body, at least that was my experience and it depends on each individual, some people said they went in contact with ALIENS! I never saw anything like that when making use of Ayahusca (DMT), but I went into the constellations no doubt about that , it is a great detox for the soul and body, there is some cases of drug addicted turned out of drugs after experience the Ayahuasca.
    I used to eat literally like a pig (not a fat person, more of a gluttony problem), DMT fixed that on me many years ago, last time I made use of it I was living in Brazil and it was long ago.

General Warning: DO NOT take any Psilocybin or DMT unsupervised, it can be a creep show literally, have sure you have support from a trusted friend or community member, do not get involved with suspicious practices, it will only harm and not help, I heard a lot about Ayahuasca cults kind of thing, even murdering in some Peruvian community, just be aware and follow your heart, you can't go wrong that way.

My granpa and father used to practice Kardecism, granpa used to have the Gospel and Genesis in accordance with Kardec in his living room, the book of spirits and the book of mediums are great books, I agree with that.

As I grew up as a Roman Catholic inside a Catholic School, Spiritism was a condemned practice in the eyes of the Church, my family was very divided in terms of religion, but as I grew up I decided to walk away from the Catholic school and my father of course gladly helped me, mom was nervous with our decision, but I did anyway, that was when I got into Spiritism and start to attend the sessions with granpa and father, I didn't share the same session table (my granpa did, he was a medium) I was just sitting in the outer ring of chars as an observer, never received any entity through my own body, but watched it happen innumerous times, as I grew up and I believe that it shaped me in some ways in how I see the world today.

At some point I was very active on it, but then I dropped it all, and it was all at sudden after I saw some of the workers taking advantage over others (yes: like sexual and financial advantage), since I was part of a Federation of Spiritism (Federação Espírita Portuguesa - Lisboa) and they were a large entity in the country, almost everything goes through their hands, because they document every single case, they write books, they turn manuscripts into books, record audios and videos, make productions, etc.. there is a big market behind and I saw how it works.

They work like any large institution it also has corrupted people working in there for interest only (imagine the church institution).. The time I dropped I was still relatively young but very sharp about evil stuffs, I can smell one at distance, and I had that feeling I was in the wrong place with the wrong people, then I just left, in the other hand I wanted to travel the world to learn more about everything as much as I could and that was exactly what I did and I have no regrets about that.

If anyone decide to get into it, please do your homework, you may get disappointed with what you are going to see in there, there is a lot of charlatans in this area (there is good places and dark places - some calls white and black tables) - the bigger the institution great are the chances they are corrupted, take by example John of God from Brazil (some say it is a powerful benevolent entity, others say it is an evil dark entity, very dark energy), if I am not wrong he still arrested on sexual charges (more than a hundred), there is many other cases of people and places taking advantage in the name of Kardecism and in the name of all gods elsewhere of course.

A little off-topic or maybe not, but here it goes..
    If vaccines (mainly the covid-19) are bad, and these MD mediums (but not only limited to them, also religious leaders) that claim to be in contact with a great illuminated entity, why should they push vaccines for people on earth? This sort of things make me question the entire spiritual thing (not meaning it does not exist, it does, but highly from above manipulated), because the vaccines being said is a mechanism of control of population, it make me think that the orders are coming from above, something not human, as someone commented in this thread. I would love to hear more what anyone has to say about that.

Thanks for thread, this subject rocks, it is no doubt one of my favorites too.
    Last edited by palehorse; 10th March 2021 at 07:07.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ben (11th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), earthdreamer (24th March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), I am B (10th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (10th March 2021), Journeyman (10th March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), lisalu (11th March 2021), Old Student (10th March 2021), Peace in Oz (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), wondering (10th March 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

[

Thanks for that input, DMT and Mushrooms has being used as a "tool" for Millennias, it is called "the spirit molecule" in some circles, both compounds open the gates or doors of our mind.
    I myself had experienced both Psilocybin and DMT, they are quite powerful substances, but different, the DMT feels more like cleanse of body and mind, Psilocybin is very deep trance trip down the rabbit hole (cosmic earth mixed with lots of self similarity patterns going on and on, not really helpful in my opinion), seems like never ending and makes one physically drained out of energy, DMT the very next day one feels like light and very sharp, you can feel the energy flowing in the body, at least that was my experience and it depends on each individual, some people said they went in contact with ALIENS! I never saw anything like that when making use of Ayahusca (DMT), but I went into the constellations no doubt about that , it is a great detox for the soul and body, there is some cases of drug addicted turned out of drugs after experience the Ayahuasca.
    I used to eat literally like a pig (not a fat person, more of a gluttony problem), DMT fixed that on me many years ago, last time I made use of it I was living in Brazil and it was long ago.

General Warning: DO NOT take any Psilocybin or DMT unsupervised, it can be a creep show literally, have sure you have support from a trusted friend or community member, do not get involved with suspicious practices, it will only harm and not help, I heard a lot about Ayahuasca cults kind of thing, even murdering in some Peruvian community, just be aware and follow your heart, you can't go wrong that way.

My granpa and father used to practice Kardecism, granpa used to have the Gospel and Genesis in accordance with Kardec in his living room, the book of spirits and the book of mediums are great books, I agree with that.

As I grew up as a Roman Catholic inside a Catholic School, Spiritism was a condemned practice in the eyes of the Church, my family was very divided in terms of religion, but as I grew up I decided to walk away from the Catholic school and my father of course gladly helped me, mom was nervous with our decision, but I did anyway, that was when I got into Spiritism and start to attend the sessions with granpa and father, I didn't share the same session table (my granpa did, he was a medium) I was just sitting in the outer ring of chars as an observer, never received any entity through my own body, but watched it happen innumerous times, as I grew up and I believe that it shaped me in some ways in how I see the world today.

At some point I was very active on it, but then I dropped it all, and it was all at sudden after I saw some of the workers taking advantage over others (yes: like sexual and financial advantage), since I was part of a Federation of Spiritism (Federação Espírita Portuguesa - Lisboa) and they were a large entity in the country, almost everything goes through their hands, because they document every single case, they write books, they turn manuscripts into books, record audios and videos, make productions, etc.. there is a big market behind and I saw how it works.

They work like any large institution it also has corrupted people working in there for interest only (imagine the church institution).. The time I dropped I was still relatively young but very sharp about evil stuffs, I can smell one at distance, and I had that feeling I was in the wrong place with the wrong people, then I just left, in the other hand I wanted to travel the world to learn more about everything as much as I could and that was exactly what I did and I have no regrets about that.

If anyone decide to get into it, please do your homework, you may get disappointed with what you are going to see in there, there is a lot of charlatans in this area (there is good places and dark places - some calls white and black tables) - the bigger the institution great are the chances they are corrupted, take by example John of God from Brazil (some say it is a powerful benevolent entity, others say it is an evil dark entity, very dark energy), if I am not wrong he still arrested on sexual charges (more than a hundred), there is many other cases of people and places taking advantage in the name of Kardecism and in the name of all gods elsewhere of course.

If vaccines (mainly the covid-19) are bad, and these MD mediums (but not only limited to them, also religious leaders) that claim to be in contact with a great illuminated entity, why should they push vaccines for people on earth? This sort of things make me question the entire spiritual thing (not meaning it does not exist, it does, but highly from above manipulated), because the vaccines being said is a mechanism of control of population, it make me think that the orders are coming from above, something not human, as someone commented in this thread. I would love to hear more what anyone has to say about that.

Its amazing to hear about someone who was actually into such organisations!
    As Kardec says, I don't think that being highly positioned into such organisations, be it the Spiritist "church" or other religious leaders, make a person worthier or righter when it comes to spread a message, since spiritual development has nothing to do with that kind of status.

There are plenty of charlatans everywhere, I'd even dare to say that most of the "publicly known" ones are, either greedy charlatans, or greedy people who are led by less developed spirits. ^^

I've never tried any of the methods he explains, since its not completely necessary. I just read the books and base my experiences and "spirituality" around it's principles.
    Did you experience any physical manifestation in any of those sessions? And any accurate instruction that happened to be? I really enjoy hearing about those.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), palehorse (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), wondering (10th March 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[

Its amazing to hear about someone who was actually into such organisations!
    As Kardec says, I don't think that being highly positioned into such organisations, be it the Spiritist "church" or other religious leaders, make a person worthier or righter when it comes to spread a message, since spiritual development has nothing to do with that kind of status.

There are plenty of charlatans everywhere, I'd even dare to say that most of the "publicly known" ones are, either greedy charlatans, or greedy people who are led by less developed spirits. ^^

I've never tried any of the methods he explains, since its not completely necessary. I just read the books and base my experiences and "spirituality" around it's principles.
    Did you experience any physical manifestation in any of those sessions? And any accurate instruction that happened to be? I really enjoy hearing about those.

No, I was never allowed to seat in the inner circle, it requires years of experience and practice with the others that already developed mediunity, some people happen to develop it naturally and then join a mediunity session, for me was more of a observing and study thing, but many said include my granpa, one day I should develop my mediunity it was the right thing for everyone, since everyone has it, my granpa he was developed in that sense and he made communication, let's say with the other side all the time.
    I remember all sessions starting with a pray and readings and sermons from the gospel, then the people in the inner circle start a discussion on some specific subject from a previous session and then what I believe there was some sort of invocation, because they asked for the presence of certain spirit in particular (yes, they all have names), it was always up to the spirit to manifest or not, depending on the manifestation it could go for hours, always there was a medium taking notes and writing down every single word, sometimes recording on tape, in some cases the medium himself did all the writings at a very fast speed, could barely read it later.
    The session generally finish with blessings on each individual in the outer circles taking part in the session, just like the the sacred bread the priest offers to each individual, but no bread, the medium rise their hands in our heads and suck out the bad energy from us (yeah, like a vacuum machine).
    My granpa said that sometimes he felt just drained, it was so much bad energy he and others have to take a nap after the sessions.

I remember some of those sessions happening late in the night and going into almost sunrise, I went to a few, but I was young, and not really into that, my father was my guide and he decided when I could take part and when not, my granpa was always in there and he was part of the core of mediums, they had no secret sessions, everybody was welcome, but for young like I was some sessions could be hard to swallow, and that's why I believe he kept out of many.

The accuracy I believe is with in the medium himself, there is no pre instructions to prepare for an invocation, the medium sometimes received entities that was not expected, spirits in bad shape, suffering, I remember one case a lady's spirit took over the medium's body, and he started convulsioning then another medium was trying to calm down the spirit, until they knew the spirit was from a woman who died few days before in a car crash and there was a real car crash in another town, they checked later. I don't think they were making that up, for whatever reason, it was many years ago and the new didn't run fast like today.

My granpa used to feel weak sometimes when at home and in many occasions he passed out, he said it was hard to control because he was very open and just a walk on the street could attract these spirits and they followed him, he could see that and have to be constantly praying and instructing them, that they had died and they should accept that now... Granpa died at very old age, almost a hundred years old, he was my best friend, the best person I ever met in this life, my uncle who was murdered was his son.
    --

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ben (11th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), I am B (10th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (10th March 2021), Journeyman (10th March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), Peace in Oz (10th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), wondering (10th March 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 337 posts

Amazing. I didn't think Kardec's writings were taken in such a organised religious manner. (it makes sense in a way, but definetly not how I do it at least)

Thank you very much for sharing such a personal story! Greatly greatly appreciated.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Ben (11th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), palehorse (11th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), TomKat (11th March 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 146 posts

I can share something that might clear things up or add more uncertainty. I was west bound on Hwy 377 leaving Early TX at dusk driving back to big D on Jan 17 1986. I was in an 82 Buick station wagon with no seat belt in place if it even had one. I'm doing 60 mph and after taking looking down to take a lick off the baskin robbins double dip ice cream cone I had just stopped for I look up and there is an 18 wheel truck in my lane about 50 feet smack dab in front of me. All I recall is saying oh **** and the next thing I remember and I recall it like it was yesterday is asking the off duty fireman who pryed open the passenger door got in the front seat and was sitting next to me was "where did Jesus go"? I do not remember anything else about Jesus except asking where he went. Every time I think about it or talk about it something inside wells up and I get emotional. I have often wondered if that was for me or Mr. off duty fireman who I have no idea who he is or if he is even alive today. I had 13 broken bones and spend almost 2 months in the hospital visited by an Angel at least once and quite a few of the AA people I met while attending a few meeting in Brownwood. It was the end of a 2 week assignment. Today for me anyway I expect to see Jesus immediately when I move from temporal to eternal. I was born first in 1953 and second birth circa 1984. I'm not a churchy type folk and don't bother with doctrines, clubs, and buildings with names on it declaring affiliation with some cult. Just my $.02

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Waldo For This Post:

Ben (11th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), George (11th March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), I am B (11th March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), lisalu (11th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th March 2021), onevoice (23rd March 2021), palehorse (19th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), thepainterdoug (10th March 2021), TomKat (11th March 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Doug: You asked what would be the alternative to all this coming and going and experiencing, all of which I see as the creator experiencing itself in myriad forms and feelings. Well, I imagine the alternative to be a greater version of your painting for Mr. Cameron of the radiant light, similar to the sun, spreading out into greater and greater levels of Joy and Bliss, similar to what we can experience through our Pineal Gland, where all things are ONE thing and experience in the light of a Nova. I image that standing before/in the supreme one is the Ultimate Experience of Being.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Ben (11th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), I am B (11th March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), palehorse (11th March 2021), rgray222 (11th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), thepainterdoug (11th March 2021), Tyy1907 (11th March 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Doug: The composer Handel at the end of his Messiah, I believe in the Amen Chorus, caught the feeling of eternal, blissful, love and the Joy of being of God in his self-conscious creation.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), rgray222 (11th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), thepainterdoug (11th March 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have just been to: Youtube.com/music/Handel's Amen Chorus sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Listen under full sound. In the Cathedral, in the presence of the huge Pipe Organ, it comes close, if anything can, to the bliss of God's glory.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), rgray222 (11th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), thepainterdoug (11th March 2021), TomKat (13th March 2021)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Amazing. I didn't think Kardec's writings were taken in such a organised religious manner. (it makes sense in a way, but definetly not how I do it at least)

Thank you very much for sharing such a personal story! Greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks I am B

Allan Kardec's doctrine is quite organized, they even have an International Spiritist Council located in Brazilia - Brazil, currently there is a total of 35 countries that make part of it. Brazil is where the majority of Kardecist are living today, followed by Mexico, Argentina, Cuba, Jamaica, US and Portugal.

Even I am not a Kardecist nowadays I still appreciate the beauty of it to deal with certain problems in life.

One interesting thing, it originated in France and there is almost nobody practicing it in France, Portugal I think is where the majority is located in Europe. It somehow like Buddhism in India, not many Buddhists in India, but it surely spread around.
    --

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), I am B (11th March 2021), Justplain (16th March 2021), rgray222 (11th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

This book came into my life in quite a synchronistic way. It was about 6 months ago I was started dating this woman and we were talking about the book Many lives many masters and she asked if I ever read Journey if Souls, i didn’t feel compelled to read it until about a week later when a friend I only know from online recommended to a group of us to check out Journey of Souls. Twice in one week about a book written in the 90’s I knew I had to read it.

It really changed everything for me, I feel like its allowed me to see what the true nature of this reality is. It brought me such a great sense of relief, it woke me up in an entirely new way. As of this point I feel we are in a non digital simulation in which souls can incarnate in an avatar, where we can refine our essence. We come here to experience the joy and the suffering, with perhaps the next goal to become creators ourselves as soul groups. I think merging back with God is so far away we don’t need to even think about it, just enjoy the bliss and suffering of the simulation

Also now I am going to school for hypnotherapy, and plan to eventually goto the Newton school where they teach his method, but you have to of had a hypnotherapy practice for 2 years before you can attend.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Anka (18th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), earthdreamer (24th March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), Journeyman (18th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th March 2021), palehorse (19th March 2021), rgray222 (18th March 2021), Sadieblue (2nd May 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

Mark Sims (https://marksims.com) has quite a story about how he had a communion with the ascended being Tezjbar who communicated how the re-incarnation and consciousness development system works:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UCD.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	802.0 KB
ID:	46391
    Last edited by Builder; 19th March 2021 at 09:17.
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

Ben (24th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), meat suit (18th March 2021), rgray222 (20th March 2021), Sadieblue (22nd March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Newton said in Journey of Souls that there is no such thing as possession. I remember, after it came out, Sylvia Browne adopted that official position herself (kind of playing catch-up) on Montel Williams. Within a few years of that it became quite accepted among the New Age that possession was a fact, and there were a LOT of practitioners doing non-Christian exorcisms. Sylvia Browne even got in on the act and started proclaiming the reality of possession and saying she did exorcisms.

Anyway, it has always struck me that you have to take a bottom-up view as well as a top-down view to get at practical truth. The bottom-up view usually comes from shamanism or shamanic-like processes. The top-down view usually comes from channelling and books such as Journey of Souls. Ignore the bottom-up at your own peril.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Ben (24th March 2021), Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), rgray222 (20th March 2021), Sadieblue (22nd March 2021), Suzi E (19th March 2021), Tyy1907 (22nd March 2021), Wind (22nd March 2021)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,628 times in 9,592 posts

Dear Rgray,
    Thanks for bringing up Michael Newton. I too got his books many years ago. The interesting part for me is that years before I got his books I had a dream where I found myself in an empty classroom and a teacher, an older woman came in, and told me I didn’t belong to level 3 but level 5. Then she handed me a ring, and told me the ring would protect me from evil.
    I looked at the ring and it had a blue oval stone with a crescent moon and star and the border had etchings I couldn’t decipher. Then this very bright light came and the ring seemed to change into a pure white feather.
    I never forgot the dream and also my repetitive dream of going to school stopped. But I do see this lady teacher from time to time in my dreams.
    Interestingly I was amazed when I got Newton’s second book Destiny of Souls, because the border markings on my “dream” ring are like the etchings illustrations in that book. Also the moon and star were similar to what is in the book.
    As to past life recalls I’ve had a few throughout the years. One that was powerful to me and helped me understand better my father in this lifetime. My father killed me in this past life and I recalled the last few minutes before and during “death”.
    He was a Roman gladiator and I was a fifteen year old Christian boy. He chased me down an alley and into a building to the top of the roof and cornered me. As I turned around to face him, face dying, the sheer terror and fear of what was to come, disappeared and I was filled with overwhelming calm and peace. I found myself floating above and embraced in such a deep warmth, love...
    And I also felt the gladiator’s (my father in this life) emotions and heard his thoughts and then this overwhelming compassion enveloped me and I kept telling him, “you can’t kill me, we don’t die, we don’t die”. He was so intent on killing me because I was Christian and he was accomplishing part of his goal in life, to kill all christians, he couldn’t hear me telling him it was of no use. But all I felt for him was deep compassion not hatred.
    More later I have to go now.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st March 2021), earthdreamer (24th March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), rgray222 (22nd March 2021), Sadieblue (22nd March 2021), Suzi E (21st March 2021), TomKat (21st March 2021), Tyy1907 (22nd March 2021), Wind (22nd March 2021)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,076 times in 869 posts

I had a past life regression a few years ago now. I was sceptical but open minded and was wary about being put under. It was absolutely nothing like I expected but a very eye opening and emotional experience.

One things that stood out to me was nobody had a physical form in the spirit world. Contact was all telepathic and when you met a light source you just ‘knew’ who they was. You felt their spirit and recognised them that way. I seen souls as this white smokey haze with a rainbow glow, much like looking through a diamond, like a glistening hazy rainbow.

I experienced 3 past lives. I’ve since gone onto search for two of the locations and found them. The 3rd wasn’t on this world, I now think it was Saturn’s Moon, Titan.
    I experienced the soul family unit and it made me understand issues I have in this life with certain connections.
    The ‘waiting area’ where the souls await to reincarnate I can only describe as like an airport departures hall.

It made me realise that we can bring issues into concurrent lives from previous, such as how we died, issues with souls in our group, we are all here for a reason and have signed up for this (despite sometimes thinking no way would I have agreed to this $h!tshow)

I also met my spirit guide which I’d struggled to connect to up until that point. He’s been with me from my first life
    onwards and showed my how to connect to him now using a certain crystal stone.

I honestly couldn’t recommend it enough, it was a pivotal moment for me. We really are more than just this body we’re in and this life we lead. So much more. It taught me that it’s all really only about learning, evolving, helping and love.
    Last edited by Sérénité; 21st March 2021 at 22:30.

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Ben (24th March 2021), earthdreamer (24th March 2021), Harmony (22nd March 2021), Hym (22nd March 2021), justntime2learn (22nd March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd March 2021), onevoice (23rd March 2021), Orph (22nd March 2021), rgray222 (22nd March 2021), Sadieblue (22nd March 2021), Suzi E (21st March 2021), Tyy1907 (22nd March 2021), Wind (22nd March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast