+ Reply to Thread

Thread: News from your area?

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default News from your area?

We know that we cannot rely on the mainstream media to tell us the truth.

This thread is for news sharing. Whatever event that you think worth the time.

From our place the Philippines.

1) There is currently 5 of 6 most active volcanoes having abnormal activity. This is a very rare occurrence.
    2.) vax just commence this week. The president already express that the gov. will respect health workers preference not to be vaccinated. Not sure what is meant by respect. If they are allowed to work. But so far no news of being denied from work.
    3.) Governor of Cebu said that there will never be another lock down on her province and expose all the anomalies of covid. This could be a precedent for athoer gov. officials.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th March 2021), Brigantia (10th March 2021), Constance (12th March 2021), gord (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), I am B (11th March 2021), Ioneo (10th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (10th March 2021), Mark (11th March 2021), palehorse (10th March 2021), Peace in Oz (12th March 2021), rgray222 (10th March 2021), Sadieblue (11th March 2021), selinam (10th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th March 2021), toppy (10th March 2021), wondering (10th March 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: News from your area?

There was a big fire 3 km from our place yesterday, in a very densely populated area. My son was there a while back to donate some clothes. He said there is a looonng line of people who would like to donate. So he left the sack of clothes to someone on the line. I'm going there after a few days to see if I can lend my skills in rebuilding

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th March 2021), Constance (12th March 2021), gord (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), Ioneo (10th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (10th March 2021), palehorse (10th March 2021), Peace in Oz (12th March 2021), Sadieblue (11th March 2021), selinam (10th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (10th March 2021), toppy (10th March 2021), wondering (10th March 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    There was a big fire 3 km from our place yesterday, in a very densely populated area. My son was there a while back to donate some clothes. He said there is a looonng line of people who would like to donate. So he left the sack of clothes to someone on the line. I'm going there after a few days to see if I can lend my skills in rebuilding
    Update: Fire lasted only two hours but consumed 1070 house due to the fact that houses are made of light materials cramped in small space. This is the poorest of the poor. No land no money for rent thus they put houses on the beach. These people really need some help. I am glad though that there are many people coming to the rescue.
    Attached Images  

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th March 2021), Constance (12th March 2021), gord (11th March 2021), Harmony (11th March 2021), palehorse (11th March 2021), Peace in Oz (12th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (11th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Contact tracing code or QR code as we call locally is still mandated by the government. However more and more shops and malls are no longer cooperating to implement them. Here is why. Whenever I go to a shop or mall and they ask for the QR code, I leave without saying a word. Salesperson telling me to wear a mask I leave without saying a word and go to the next store. This is my way of telling them "you just lost one sale". I'm sure I am not the only one doing it. Thus businesses are force to disregard gov. requirement. A big grin whenever I imagine how the vaccine passport will sure be a big fiasco locally. Its as simple as not cooperating and doing a little sacrifice.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th March 2021), gord (11th March 2021), palehorse (11th March 2021), Patient (11th March 2021), Peace in Oz (12th March 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 1,594 posts

How the fire started? Is it criminal or accidental?

I heard cases where the land owners stated a criminal fire because the people refused to leave the place.. though I never saw anyone proving that, only speculations.
    As far as I know, the owner of beach land (sand strip) is the Navy, there is no private ownership of that strip of beach sand.. if I am not wrong it is 24 meters inland based on the average of tides and 12 miles ocean side (after that is international water), the 24 meters may vary for each country though, I do not know, maybe some military could give us some reference, the same for river banks or any natural body of water, the Navy is the one in charge.
    I know a guy that bought a resort on the beach (part on the sand and part inland) and he said got a few taxes to pay, one of those tax was for the Navy, there was another one for the royal family, in his title deed he owns only half of the land, the other half is not included in the deed, he is allowed to use, but if the Navy claim for whatever reason, he will have no option but give it up.

Here in Thailand have places like this, but I have no idea how the land ownership works, here where I live, a decade ago used to have a nice and beautiful fisherman village, but now its gonna forever, they built some big hotel in the place!

how does it works in The Phillipines?

Sorry for the off-topic.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th March 2021), Peace in Oz (12th March 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    How the fire started? Is it criminal or accidental?

I heard cases where the land owners stated a criminal fire because the people refused to leave the place.. though I never saw anyone proving that, only speculations.
    As far as I know, the owner of beach land (sand strip) is the Navy, there is no private ownership of that strip of beach sand.. if I am not wrong it is 24 meters inland based on the average of tides and 12 miles ocean side (after that is international water), the 24 meters may vary for each country though, I do not know, maybe some military could give us some reference, the same for river banks or any natural body of water, the Navy is the one in charge.
    I know a guy that bought a resort on the beach (part on the sand and part inland) and he said got a few taxes to pay, one of those tax was for the Navy, there was another one for the royal family, in his title deed he owns only half of the land, the other half is not included in the deed, he is allowed to use, but if the Navy claim for whatever reason, he will have no option but give it up.

Here in Thailand have places like this, but I have no idea how the land ownership works, here where I live, a decade ago used to have a nice and beautiful fisherman village, but now its gonna forever, they built some big hotel in the place!

how does it works in The Phillipines?

Sorry for the off-topic.
    The cause of the fire is not yet known. I will know it when I go there. Beaches are all owned by the state under MARINA, Maritime Industry Authority. Anyone can apply for stewardship. I ones visited an Island partly owned by an American. He showed me the fabulous corrals around the island. He said that he applied for fish sanctuary steward. He has a guard 24/7 who see to it that no fishing in the area.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

palehorse (12th March 2021), Peace in Oz (12th March 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 times in 164 posts

Here is how the Chinese fishing fleet operates off Argentina. To fish commercially within the 200-mile limit requires a licence issued by the Government. On many nights looking out to sea from the Argentine coastline there appears to be a great city with hundeds of lights. This is an illusion. They are Chinese boats fishing dishonestly for squid (calamar).

In order not to have to buy licences, China, which is a very poor country as we know, has given the nod to the following technique to catch squid.

Squid do not like light. The Chinese fleet waits in international waters with lights out. They will have hired previously local aircraft with powerful downward-shining lights to circle the area in the waters forbidden for fishing. The squid flee from the lights and take shelter under the darkened shapes of these Chinese fishing boats in international waters where they can be caught legally.

What needs to be done is either (i) for the air force to shoot down the aircraft in the same way that the naval protection vessels fire on boats caught fishing illegally, or (ii) for the Argentine Government to introduce a law with about twenty years' imprisonment for the national offenders for conspiracy.
    Last edited by Mecklenburger; 12th March 2021 at 02:16.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mecklenburger For This Post:

Docim369 (13th March 2021), meeradas (12th March 2021), palehorse (13th March 2021), Peace in Oz (12th March 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mecklenburger (here)
    Here is how the Chinese fishing fleet operates off Argentina. To fish commercially within the 200-mile limit requires a licence issued by the Government. On many nights looking out to sea from the Argentine coastline there appears to be a great city with hundeds of lights. This is an illusion. They are Chinese boats fishing dishonestly for squid (calamar).

In order not to have to buy licences, China, which is a very poor country as we know, has given the nod to the following technique to catch squid.

Squid do not like light. The Chinese fleet waits in international waters with lights out. They will have hired previously local aircraft with powerful downward-shining lights to circle the area in the waters forbidden for fishing. The squid flee from the lights and take shelter under the darkened shapes of these Chinese fishing boats in international waters where they can be caught legally.

What needs to be done is either (i) for the air force to shoot down the aircraft in the same way that the naval protection vessels fire on boats caught fishing illegally, or (ii) for the Argentine Government to introduce a law with about twenty years' imprisonment for the national offenders for conspiracy.
    thanks for sharing your news, I think its much worst in the Philippine waters. China has already built structures in the Philippine seas some with military equipment. They had a long standing claim to the waters which actually belongs to Philippine and Vietnam and other countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territ...outh_China_Sea

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

palehorse (13th March 2021), Peace in Oz (13th March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread