+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 10 LastLast

Thread: The Wall Of Shame

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Default The Wall Of Shame

We'll consider this a sister thread to the Cancel Culture thread, and it's purpose is to document an equally horrifying phenomena. And what I'm talking about here are all the spineless cowards who - having been singled out by the petulant woke children for committing the unforgivable crime of reason - degraded themselves willfully with that formalized vomit of an apology...you know, the one that professes the regrettable ignorance of their utterances, recognizes the pain and trauma they caused, declares an intention to educate oneself, and promises to do better in the future. But!...only after the perpetrator has stepped down from his professional position so as to create time to "reflect". Because, as we all have learned, only then can the humiliation be complete.

Having offered their souls on a platter, these sackless eunuchs are mostly irredeemable in my eyes. But their shameful acts must not be forgotten! No sir! My goal here is to immortalize them on a cyber wall of shame, something that will live on into eternity...something that aliens might see and use to decipher earth history, like those gold dvd's we send out into space as informational introductions to human culture.

The purpose is so that, should, say, Chris Harrison find peace at some point, and allow himself to entertain some form of redemption, - even in the afterlife or some future incarnation - a wall of shame soldier will be quick to remind him of what a yellow-bellied pussy he was when it really counted. That's my mission here, and I shall remained dedicated to it..

Ok, to kick this all off I'm going to begin with Mumford and Sons. Well, one of their members. I think his name is Winston. I'd say he's the one that looks like an Amish farmer, but that's what they all look like.

Anyway, moving on! Ol' Winston actually had the unmitigated gall to support a book by a conservative author (Andy Ngo) that exposed Antifa. Oh, and he also posed for a picture with Jordan Peterson once. Gasp!

Well, I think you all know how this one ended...with Winston's balls on the woke wall followed by a high pitched squeal of an apology as his head got collectively pissed on by our enlightened woke friends. The apology was a copy and paste of the usual one, and oh!.. don't worry!..he of course will be stepping away from the band for a while to "reflect" on his transgressions. So that's a relief.

So, Winston from Mumford And Sons, aside from enduring your unfortunate name you will also now be an immortal member of the Woke Wall Of Shame for offering your nauseating apology...you banjo playing weasel you...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mumf...115922410.html

Last edited by Mike; 11th March 2021 at 08:44.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alan (11th March 2021), Bill Ryan (11th March 2021), Chip (11th March 2021), Constance (11th March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (12th March 2021), Ewan (3rd April 2021), Gemma13 (12th March 2021), Hym (11th March 2021), Ioneo (11th March 2021), Johnnycomelately (9th July 2022), Karen (Geophyz) (25th June 2021), Mare (11th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021), Nasu (11th March 2021), rgray222 (12th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), toppy (11th March 2021), wondering (11th March 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: The Wall Of Shame

I dunno Mike. A public wall of shame is not dissimilar to what the woke crowd does that you so passionately despise. So the kid's original misdeeds that deserved public exposure were supporting a book by a conservative author, and being photographed with Jordan Peterson; now his latest misdeed that deserves public exposure, is succumbing to that pressure.

Why not start a campaign to defend those that need defending, encouraging them to show some backbone, rather than dishing out further public humiliation? Or even a campaign to start going after these bullies themselves?

But I don't see going after those who have allowed themselves to become victims, as accomplishing anything more than adding insult to injury.

4. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

I guess the high-sarcasm is going to be a matter of taste and easy to misinterpret. I personally like the sarcastic approach in the op but understand how it might be controversial. Despite this I feel that sarcasm is a particularly good way to describe modern woke insanity. But then back on the flip side, it's also is cynical. Sarcastic statements deserve they're own tags. For example [SARCASM]Sarcasm makes people sound so big and clever[/SARCASM]. How ever this falls, I'm reminded of a 90's British comedy sketch by The Mary Whitehouse Experience about someone who can't stop being sarcastic (link here).

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ClearWater (11th March 2021), Constance (11th March 2021), DeDukshyn (11th March 2021), Ewan (3rd April 2021), Mare (11th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021), Nasu (11th March 2021), wondering (11th March 2021)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I dunno Mike. A public wall of shame is not dissimilar to what the woke crowd does that you so passionately despise. So the kid's original misdeeds that deserved public exposure were supporting a book by a conservative author, and being photographed with Jordan Peterson; now his latest misdeed that deserves public exposure, is succumbing to that pressure.

Why not start a campaign to defend those that need defending, encouraging them to show some backbone, rather than dishing out further public humiliation? Or even a campaign to start going after these bullies themselves?

But I don't see going after those who have allowed themselves to become victims, as accomplishing anything more than adding insult to injury.

Well I'm doin it with a wink Gracy I hope that's obvious! I want members to have a little fun with it.

The apology phenomenon is very important to dissect, and I'm deadly serious about it. The people involved aren't nearly as important, but it's hard to talk about one without the other. Singling out the people and having a little fun at their expense is a bit of a novelty for entertainment purposes. Anyway, A) they deserve it, B) they deserve it, and C) they deserve it. Plus, these apology stories are already splashed all over Yahoo news; a thread from Mike from Avalon will hardly make their lives any more difficult. It's not a campaign. It's just a thread on a small, niche forum. Have some fun with it!

Next on the chopping block: actor Mark Duplass. Hate to do it to him in a way. I was a fan. "Safety Not Guaranteed" is a great movie. So why am I including him here?

Well he met with conservative pundit Ben Shapiro once, decided he wasn't such a bad guy after all, and tweeted about it. And then, once all his leftist friends slapped him down for it, he castrated himself with that grovelling apology we've all become so regrettably accustomed to. So, Mark Duplass, today is your day darling! Welcome to the Woke Wall of Shame!

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/m...ro-1202878370/

Last edited by Mike; 11th March 2021 at 20:12.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alan (11th March 2021), Chip (11th March 2021), ClearWater (11th March 2021), Constance (11th March 2021), Mare (11th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021), rgray222 (7th April 2021), wondering (11th March 2021)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

I'm sorry, but this is clearly some sort of veiled attack on Canadians.

~~~~~~
    Sorry! I couldn't resist!
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 12th March 2021 at 07:01.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ClearWater (11th March 2021), Constance (11th March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (12th March 2021), gord (12th March 2021), Mare (11th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th March 2021), Matthew (11th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021), PurpleLama (16th March 2021), wondering (11th March 2021)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I'm sorry, but this is clearly a some sort of veiled attack on Canadians.

~~~~~~

I didn't get the joke at first! I was sitting here with a puzzled look on my face, thinking, wait a moment, those Mumford guys are British, aren't they?

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (11th March 2021), DeDukshyn (11th March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (12th March 2021), Mare (11th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021), wondering (11th March 2021)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

~~~~~~

I didn't get the joke at first! I was sitting here with a puzzled look on my face, thinking, wait a moment, those Mumford guys are British, aren't they?

Once again ... sorry, eh!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (11th March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (12th March 2021), Mare (11th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021), PurpleLama (16th March 2021), wondering (11th March 2021)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Well I'm doin it with a wink Gracy I hope that's obvious! I want members to have a little fun with it.
    Well Mike, I'll gladly back on away and leave y'all to the fun, but it sure looks to me like you want to have it all ways while continuing the shaming of these people.

You're saying it's done with a wink, all in fun; yet this is serious, they deserve it, and our voices here are small enough as to not matter anyway, so it's okay to do a similar thing, to the same people, as the woke crowd does.

The woke crowd is shaming because the perps' offenses were that they dared associate with conservatives, while your reason is that they dared apologize for it.

15. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If there's something that needs to be up here (and I may be crushing eggshells here) ... its white people apologizing for being white, or asking other white people to apologize for being white. As much as I see there's still a lot of work to do to rid systemic racism, I strongly disagree that this is the way to do it. It's 100% the wrong approach in my view.

Unfortunately, Marianne Williamson is in that camp. I like all she's done for the spiritual community and all, but I disagree with that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mar...black-audience

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ClearWater (11th March 2021), Constance (11th March 2021), greybeard (11th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021)

17. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

The woke crowd is shaming because the perps' offenses were that they dared associate with conservatives, while your reason is that they dared apologize for it.
    Well I think that apologizing for being "conservative" is a bit ridiculous. I suppose this is just Mike's, (perhaps somewhat inappropriate) way of bringing attention to the topic ... I dunno. I could care less about Mumford and Son's and what they do ... Almost seems like Mike used to like them ...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (11th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Firstly, Mike accusing me of being a Mumfurd n Sons fan is by far the cruelest thing that's been written in this thread So can we all at least agree on that?

Gracy, I think some shame is appropriate sometimes, in certain doses, and in a certain style. It's become a dirty word over the years as we've grown progressively softer. But just like anger or sarcasm or whatever, it can be used as an effective tool. It's a thin line to walk maybe, and perhaps I'll cross it from time to time, but that's what you're here for

I do think our voices can have an impact here! But I don't think this thread will be going viral any time soon. Yes, there is a shame element to it, but it's mostly harmless fun - and that's what separates it from any kind of woke approach
    Last edited by Mike; 11th March 2021 at 18:40.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Chip (11th March 2021), Constance (11th March 2021), DeDukshyn (11th March 2021), ExomatrixTV (11th March 2021), Jad (12th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th March 2021), Matthew (11th March 2021), NancyV (11th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

~~~~~~

...wait a moment, those Canadians are British, aren't they?

The woke war is a quest for control, it's very serious business. Humour is not welcome. No Laughing. Other collateral damage includes nuances, context and good faith. I'm only joking about Canadians, everybody know's they're French right? Too much humour. I'll send myself to the Gulag ...guilty of LAUGHCRIME or at least CANADACRIME

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Constance (11th March 2021), DeDukshyn (11th March 2021), Ernie Nemeth (12th March 2021), gord (12th March 2021), Hym (11th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021), wondering (12th March 2021)

23. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)

~~~~~~

The woke war is a quest for control, it's very serious business. Humour is not welcome. No Laughing. Other collateral damage includes nuances, context and good faith. I'm only joking about Canadians, everybody know's they're French right? Too much humour. I'll send myself to the Gulag ...guilty of LAUGHCRIME or at least CANADACRIME
    Oh yeah ... You've offended both the French and the British Canadians now ... if you try to lump them as one group or another you'll find yourself lynched before long. That's where we draw the line on our politeness, lol!
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 11th March 2021 at 21:32.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (11th March 2021), Matthew (11th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021), wondering (12th March 2021)

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear All Canadians, I'm really sorry for confusing each side for the other. I got confused because everyone knows the English and the French are more or less the same thing, like goths and emos

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Constance (12th March 2021), DeDukshyn (11th March 2021), Mike (11th March 2021), wondering (12th March 2021)

27. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

That's my mission here, and I shall remain dedicated to it..
    I must admit I admire your tenacity.

Here is Carlson discussing the same book but with different endings.

In ending number 1 the guy loses a bit of his soul and shows us he has no dignity. He speaks to the crowd.
    In ending number 2 the guy gains a bit of dignity while saving his soul. He speaks from the heart.

It really does not matter what the issue is the outcome will always be the same under these circumstances.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Constance (17th March 2021), DeDukshyn (12th March 2021), gini (18th March 2021), Mike (12th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), wondering (12th March 2021)

29. Link to Post #16
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

For those not familiar with how the "Woke Culture" movement has become a dangerous global cult that is unashamedly okay with beheading anyone who disagrees with them, the following article should alert you to the fact that this is not a silly little movement supported by a few fanatics that will quietly fade away.

I think this thread is a great idea to help raise awareness of the woke cancer plaguing societies and destroying families, friends and livelihoods in its wake. The woke culture have an impenetrable ideological fortress that protects them from seeing the insanity and madness in their actions.  We need all the tools we can think of to crack into zombieland.

Quote https://www.theepochtimes.com/sen-sc...g-2021-03-10-5

Sen. Scott: ‘Woke Supremacy’ is Just as Dangerous as White Supremacy

BY MASOOMA HAQ March 10, 2021 Updated: March 10, 2021

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) has denounced the current left-wing attack on black conservatives and a focus on being “woke,” saying the concept is harmful and as detrimental as white supremacy.

“Woke supremacy is as bad as white supremacy,” the South Carolina senator said Monday evening in an appearance on “Fox News Primetime.”

Host Trey Gowdy called out and condemned MSNBC host Joy Reid for her attacks on Scott because of his support for conservative policies.

Gowdy, a former Republican congressman who is also from South Carolina, was reacting to a recent segment from Reid in which she made a comment about Scott as being “token” and a prop to show that Republicans have a “patina of diversity.”

“Tim Scott is too good a man to respond to this. I am not,” said Gowdy.

Tim Scott was one of three U.S. senators chosen to work on the tax reform legislation, because he made himself an expert on the issue, not because he’s black.”

While Scott and other conservatives believe being “woke” by judging people on social justice trends is dangerous and divisive, many on the left celebrate being “woke” as a moral obligation.

In 2017, a group of prominent female activists, including Reid, gave an interview to Essence Magazine on what “woke” means to them. Reid said people who are “woke” have to take opportunities to fix any perceived injustice they see around them.

“The thing is to do that, knowing that you can fix it whatever your level or platform is, because there’s always an opportunity for you to do just a little something to support [those who are disenfranchised],” Reid told Essence.

Shonda Rhimes a television producer, screenwriter, and author who is best known as the executive producer of the medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy,” said being woke “means that you recognize that the world is not a simple place, that everything is not all equal, that justice has not happened yet for everyone, and that there is a lot of work to be done.”

Linda Sarsour, a controversial Palestinian-American activist, said that “woke” means being “outraged” all the time.

“For me, it is just being outraged all the time and being able to stay human and feel outraged about the injustice that is happening around me,” said Sarsour.

Meanwhile, former president Barack Obama, in a 2019 interview, criticized the idea of being “woke” as judgmental and not truly being able to bring about change.

“[There is] this idea of purity and you’re never compromised and you’re always politically ‘woke’ and all that stuff. You should get over that quickly. The world is messy. There are ambiguities. People who do really good stuff have flaws,” Obama said.

There is this sense sometimes, of the way of me making change is to be as judgmental as possible about other people and that’s enough. Like if I tweet or hashtag about how you didn’t do something right or use the wrong verb, then I can sit back and feel pretty good about myself because man you see how woke I was. I called you out,” added Obama

The following quote identifies the arrogance in the woke culture and explains why the woke culture is permeated with arrogant undertones. These people think they are the only one's who have worked out that the world is full of brutal injustice and inequality. They feel empowered by this knowledge and happily spit on anyone not recognizing injustice the way they have been socially engineered to. It's why those that were heavily red pilled many years ago have very little tolerance for the infantilizing within this movement.

Quote Shonda Rhimes a television producer, screenwriter, and author who is best known as the executive producer of the medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy,” said being woke “means that you recognize that the world is not a simple place, that everything is not all equal, that justice has not happened yet for everyone, and that there is a lot of work to be done.”

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Constance (17th March 2021), DeDukshyn (12th March 2021), Mike (12th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)

~~~~~~

Yep well said. Irony, humor, and sarcasm confound and aggravate the woke. They don't understand any of it, the one dimensional bots that they are. So we must use it as liberally as possible. It's one of our greatest weapons. It's why humor, as an art, will be one of their next targets. Along with nuance and context, it is viewed as a tool of "colonial whiteness".

Here's one such humorless lunatic, reacting woke style to a bad Dad joke. A must see, really. It is absolutely riveting:
    Last edited by Mike; 12th March 2021 at 08:15.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (17th March 2021), DeDukshyn (12th March 2021), Matthew (12th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Salty Cracker: I’ve got a huge problem with it. You try to shut us down by calling me homophobic. Get bent. We coming. We’re going to expose this type of nonsense. This is our problem with all of this nonsense that you idiots are doing.
    YouTuber Salty Cracker uses a comedy to express what’s going on the in the world. Not everyone is offended by his use of colorful language. He has 635,000 subscribers. I’ve included the news article Salty Cracker referenced.
    GayBCs’ LGBTQ Alphabet Book Is Pure Child Grooming Material (7:14 min)

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/jZgar3ZEcOV3

Woman has little boy read 'The GayBCs' — a children's book
    with terms like 'bi,' 'coming out,' and 'queer.' And the reaction is swift.

'This is full-on abuse’
    DAVE URBANSKI
    March 02, 2021
    article
    A video of a woman having a little boy read from "The GayBCs" — a children's book that uses letters of the alphabet to introduce readers as young as 4 years old to LGBTQ words — has been making quite a stir on social media.
    POLL: What scares you the most?
    What are the details?

The video begins with the little boy reading aloud the word for letter A: "ally." Then the woman with him is heard introducing the rest of the letters, beginning with "B is for" — and the tyke answers "bi."

While some of the words don't possess immediate LGBTQ connotations — H is for "hope" and M is for "mountain," for instance — others like "bi" hit right at the heart of it. And little boy with his cute little-boy voice reads all of them:
    • C is for "coming out."
    • D is for "drag."
    • G is for "gay."
    • I is for "intersex."
    • L is for "lesbian."
    • N is for "non-binary."
    • O is for "orientation."
    • Q is for "queer."
    • T is for “trans."

As you might expect, some folks wondered why a kid so young was being introduced to such words:

https://twitter.com/DianneLester/sta...46582014550019

Others seemed just as disturbed:
    • "iight folks, it's been real but I'm done with this planet," another commenter wrote in reaction to the clip. "Taking the next Elon Musk spaceship to Mars so we can start over."
    • "What the actual f***," another user declared.
    • "Why is this necessary?" yet another commenter asked.
    • "I'm gay & ... KIDS SHOULD NOT BE TAUGHT ABOUT SEX. PERIOD," another user noted. "Doesn't matter if it makes YOU feel better. Is P for pedo? S for sodomy? I'd object to a kid learning an alphabet of diseases, too. It's called preserving innocence."
    • "My 6 year old reads at a 3rd grade level and does not know half of these words by design," another commenter said. "This is full-on abuse. But those of us that do not perpetuate degeneracy can still do our jobs. Pull your kids. Vet their social circle. It's the very least you can do."
    But not everyone was upset

As you might imagine, others were fully supportive of the little boy being introduced to LGBTQ words:
    • "I don't get what homophobic people find so toxic with videos like this," one commenter said before mocking detractors. "Wow the child is probably gonna grow up to be respectful that people can be different in many ways; omg I can't believe it, this is brainwashing!!"
    • "In the past if you read an ABCs book, it might've had B for boy with the color blue and G for girl with the color pink, until you associate the color with the gender," another user noted. "Familiarizing children with gay, trans, and non-binary things is the exact same thing. That isn't brainwashing."
    • "It's teaching kids that other people and minorities exist," another commenter wrote. "Trying to imply this is wrong is only implying that children should only grow up to misunderstand and be ignorant of other lifestyles ... perpetuates a problem; that is what we already have with ppl misunderstanding us."
    There’s more on the pages

The below video shows a woman reading each page of "The GayBCs" — and there's more text below the introductory lines noted above.

For instance, after "B is for 'bi'" the text reads, "You can shout it out loud. I like boys and girls, and that makes me proud." After "G is for 'gay'" the text reads, "It's word that implies you're a girl who likes girls or a guy who likes guys." And after "L is for 'lesbian'" the text reads, "It's love and affection between two special girls who share a connection.”
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd April 2021 at 22:16.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (12th March 2021), gini (18th March 2021), greybeard (12th March 2021), Mike (12th March 2021)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

"iight folks, it's been real but I'm leaving this planet."

That was my favorite comment, with "what the actual f#ck?" coming in a close second.

I needed that laugh. Thanks Paula.

I'm becoming kinda numb to this type of stuff, and less angry at the people perpetrating it and more angry at the people who refuse to see it for the ideological indoctrination it so clearly is.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (13th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), wondering (12th March 2021)

37. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,014 times in 2,416 posts

The Minneapolis City Council for agreeing to a $27million payoff.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Alan (12th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), Mike (12th March 2021), PurpleLama (16th March 2021), RunningDeer (12th March 2021), wondering (12th March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 10 LastLast