Thread: The Wall Of Shame

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: The Wall Of Shame

Putin Challenges Biden to Live Debate After Recklessly Being Called a Killer

Salty Cracker (the colorful language guy):
    Remember when the left-wing media industrial complex screamed that Donald Trump was going to get us blown up by rocket man? ”Oh look at this Donald Trump. He goes and gets us killed and goes and get us all nuclear exploded because he doesn't know how to deal with world leaders. He’s not a Hillary Clinton, uh or a Joe Obama.”

Okay. All right. You’re gonna attack this man that way? This man walked right into North Korea! He didn't need the 30 000 troops that Joe Biden needs in Washington, DC to walk into North Korea.

But okay. All right. You guys going to call this dude out? Biden now has an antagonizing posture towards Russia. So much so that they just yanked their ambassador. I mean holy **** it's escalating. And this is one of the reasons why we gotta get rid of this fake news. They’re gonna get us all killed.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd April 2021 at 22:11.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (19th March 2021), Franny (21st March 2021), Hym (20th March 2021), Matthew (19th March 2021), Mike (19th March 2021), onawah (19th March 2021)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Cancel culture claiming a new victim. Teen Vogue editor-in-chief, Alexi McCammond forced out just days before even starting her new job after staffers revolted over derogatory tweets she wrote 10 years ago when she was a teenager.

I've worked with her for four years. She doesn't have a racist bone in her body. If we can’t as an industry accept somebody’s sincere and repeated apologies for something they tweeted when they were 17 years old. I mean what are we doing?”

There's no denying we are in the craziest period period culturally. If an apology is not enough, what is enough? I'd ask the Gods of Cancel Culture if you can't apologize and be forgiven, what do they need to do? What are the next steps? Is it public flogging?

It does seem like the left are starting to eat their own. And that’s usually signals the end of something like this. I have a feeling canceled culture might be winding down and cultural revolutions that usually indicates that time is running out.

We predicted this would happen. Remember how okay it was when it was only white people getting canceled? But now you have a young black talented woman getting cancelled. Is this practice still worth it? Is it still worth it if you could take down 10 other white people but you have to sacrifice one young black woman who probably doesn't deserve it?
    McEnany rages against cancel culture: What is next, 'public flogging?’ (8:37)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Blacklight43 (20th March 2021), Constance (20th March 2021), Franny (21st March 2021), Hym (20th March 2021), Mike (20th March 2021), wondering (20th March 2021)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Guest arrested days after appearing on the show (2:31)
    A couple of nights ago we spoke to a woman called Marlena Pavlos Hackney. She's a restaurant owner from Michigan. She came on the show to tell us how authorities in Michigan, the governor and the attorney general were trying to send her to jail for running her business.

Marlena Pavlos Hackney is in jail. She was arrested very early this morning, before 6 a.m by police, taken away in ankle shackles and wrist cuffs. One of the few people in this country gets up really early to go to work because she really cares trying her very hardest.

They sent her away for longer that people who commit gun crimes in Detroit get. We're told she will be in jail for 93 days unless she pays a $35,000 fine and the Michigan Board of Health deems it safe for her to be released.

Attorney General of Michigan issued a press release bragging that she had been arrested like some dangerous felon had been pulled off the street. The county judge who did this defended the arrest saying that she has put the community at risk. We're in the middle of a pandemic.

By the way, they presented zero evidence that she had any role in the pandemic. None. No scientific evidence whatsoever, but they want you to know that defiance is the real crime. So people can come here from foreign countries, rush the border, sent out with no penalty whatsoever, whether or not they have covet doesn't matter. They're not even tested. They go right into your neighborhood. Nobody cares. But if you try your level best, your hardest to run a business and do the right thing, you go to jail.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 20th March 2021 at 23:56.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alecs (27th March 2021), Constance (20th March 2021), Franny (21st March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Matthew (20th March 2021), Mike (20th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (26th March 2021), wondering (20th March 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Father locked up for calling his daughter "she". And that's just the beginning of the madness in this one:

5mins long

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alecs (27th March 2021), Constance (21st March 2021), Franny (21st March 2021), Matthew (21st March 2021), RunningDeer (21st March 2021)

9. Link to Post #45
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

For some odd reason i read "The Walk of Shame"...

*slowly puts clothes back on*

Not very different really, you have to do the public walk of shame before everyone forgets about you and what you did...

Praise the Dark Lord i don't have to suffer through that stuff where i live right now

People are so conditioned, they turned into a self governing body, everyone one watches over each other just hoping to find a mistake, in a lust for blood rampage.

I guess they are so miserable they must fight hard to find any possible mistake or wrong move by someone else, to cause as much pain as possible and eat up the other person's soul pain. Like soul vampires, the most pain they can cause, they happier they will be next day, and if the other person offs themselves, i guess that's optimal.

That's how it looks like, eating someone else's pain keeps you from having to suffer your own, so everyone who found this out is now on a crazy zombie like rampage on the streets, trying to eat other people's souls

"Nobody expects the Shame Inquisition!"
    Last edited by Mashika; 21st March 2021 at 03:54.
    Tired

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Constance (21st March 2021), Franny (21st March 2021), I am B (21st March 2021), Mike (21st March 2021), RunningDeer (21st March 2021), TargeT (26th March 2021)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Will they ever learn? Politicians continue to flout lockdown rules.

The bottom line though is that what happens to Governor Newsom and John Kerry
    is very different from what happens to average folks.

California governor, Gavin Newsom telling his residents that he knows all about being a remote parent, even though his kids have been in the classroom and private school since November. And special presidential envoy for climate, John Kerry caught maskless on a plane. He said it was just for a few minutes but some calling the hypocrisy just plain wrong.

Gavin Newsom was eating at that restaurant despite his orders that other people shouldn't do it.

Americans have just about had it with the hypocrisy of those people who who create these dictates and then refuse to follow the dictates themselves.

This started with Nancy Pelosi a maskless Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done in violation of California laws when every business was shut down. Democrat mayors and governors then over the holidays telling their constituents not to travel, not to gather yet doing that very same thing themselves.

I think the thing that for voters is going to be etched in their memory is that Governor Gavin Newsom can't feel their pain when a single mom is trying to juggle her career while teaching her kids at home. You have the president of the Berkeley teachers union dropping his daughter off at private school, yet saying it's not safe for teachers to teach in public schools.

The bottom line though is that what happens to Governor Newsom and John Kerry is very different from what happens to average folks. We have many examples:
    • A family with that was kicked off a plane because their two-year-old wasn't wearing a mask.
    • A 65 year old woman in a Texas bank was wrestled to the ground, handcuffed and dragged out of another private setting like American Airlines, who was told to put a mask on in a state where it's not mandatory.

Joe Biden should fire John Kerry for being a maskless ‘neanderthal’
    Who’s the “neanderthal” now?

Photos show presidential “climate envoy” John Kerry going maskless in a first-class plane seat on an American Airlines DC-Boston flight Wednesday. The passenger in the next seat thinks it was while Kerry was making several work calls before takeoff.

We must’ve missed that exception in President Joe Biden’s week-one executive order requiring masks for interstate travel and letting TSA agents bump maskless travelers.

But this is John “Do you know who I am?” Kerry, so we guess he’s above the rules.

Kerry’s smug, privileged behavior is exactly what Biden has been railing against since before he took office. He even chastised governors’ lifting of mask mandates as “neanderthal thinking.”

article

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (21st March 2021), Mike (21st March 2021)

13. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 02:56.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Mike (21st March 2021), RunningDeer (21st March 2021), Vicus (11th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks

GOP rep. introduces ‘GRINCH Act’ to protect books from cancel culture (3 min)

GRINCH Act (GUARDING READING INDEPENDENCE AND CHOICE)

What reaction have you had to this bill?

It has been so positive. You and I realize that the cancel culture is rapidly attacking our American institutions, our libraries and schools. Like so many I’m alarmed at the let’s attempt to cancel historic books, characters. No one is safe from the work culture. Not even Dr. Seuss.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (27th March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Mike (26th March 2021)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

I think it's important to point out that government is not going after Dr. Seuss as the gentleman likes to insinuate, the family decided to discontinue printing a handful of them that they decided weren't aging well, and the rest to the best of my knowledge are still printing freely.

That's their right as heir to his work. Whatever else may be going on there after they made that initial move, need be a separate slice of that story pie. Dr. Seuss was not just attacked out of the blue by an angry mob.

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I think it's important to point out that government is not going after Dr. Seuss as the gentleman likes to insinuate, the family decided to discontinue printing a handful of them that they decided weren't aging well, and the rest to the best of my knowledge are still printing freely.

That's their right as heir to his work. Whatever else may be going on there after they made that initial move, need be a separate slice of that story pie. Dr. Seuss was not just attacked out of the blue by an angry mob.

They weren't attacked out of the blue, correct. They were attacked in a very deliberate, methodical way, until they had no choice but to do what they were being pressured to do. Do you think Dr Seuss Enterprises decided one day that the books in question hadn't aged well or do you think the decision was made for them in some way? Because for 70 odd years they published those books without questioning them at all

This is the issue: whether something is appropriate right now according to the arbitrary, rapidly changing morality bar of the moment isn't the point, if it ever was. The issue is that a mob of bitter and angry people have recently acquired the power to have metaphorical book burnings under the auspices of a flimsy morality, presumably because they know what's best for us and our children. We have historical precedents for this type of behavior, and it never goes well...EVER.

What's acceptable morally in a society is something that evolves over time, and is often desirous and good for all, but only if it is a natural and organic process. What's happening now is far from that; what we see now is aggressive social engineering by mostly radical ideologues drunk with power looking to exert their influence while the going is good.

All reasonable people know that the attitudes of people from 50 or 100 years ago are not necessarily going to be morally commensurate with our current standards. One problem is that there are so few reasonable people left. Another is that when a new bar is set, you have to wait for people to catch up before you go tossing them in the drink. And when that new bar is set, and mutually agreed upon, you don't go throwing history down the Orwellian memory hole. It's foolish for about a billion reasons. We'd have to start a whole new thread for that alone.

If we are going to use current standards to judge our past art and music and literature, it will be a bar set so low that nearly everyone who existed before us will trip over it. It's arrogant and ungrateful beyond belief.

I'm reading Hemingway at the moment, 'The Sun Also Rises'. He's already dropped the N-word about 6 times, and I'm only on page 40. Shall we cancel him? I recently listened to a John Lennon interview he did with Rolling Stone in the 70's, and I lost count of how many times he said the word "fag". Should he be cancelled as well? If so, why? And who decides? And under what rules? And across which dimensions? If someone says or does something deemed inappropriate by current standards 100 years ago, are they, say, half as responsible as someone who did the same thing 50 years ago? Can we solve it arithmetically like that? I'm not being silly - if this is the game we're going to be playing now we have to have these questions answered.

p.s. tho I've quoted you, that little rant there wasn't directed at you Gracy I just got going after I commented briefly on your post and I couldn't stop rambling
    Last edited by Mike; 27th March 2021 at 03:43.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (27th March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th March 2021), RunningDeer (27th March 2021), Satori (31st March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th March 2021)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

update: Sharon Osbourne has "exited" 'The Talk'. And Chris Harrison is threatening to sue 'The Bachelor'. I'm guessing they're not having him back.

The lesson: apologizing to the woke is a futile and silly gesture. STOP. It will not save you or your job.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sharon-os...232551184.html

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/20/chris...chelor-racism/

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th March 2021), Constance (27th March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), RunningDeer (27th March 2021), Satori (31st March 2021)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/jay...ox-1234937201/

Jay Leno apologizes for all the Asian jokes he's made over his career.

Gee whiz, the timing seems awfully suspicious. Did he just suddenly grow guilty about it all now? During a spat of violence against Asians here in America? Hmmm...

I'm not surprised by any of this. Ever the conniving weasel (one only has to recall the Conan O'Brien debacle) Leno is trying to get one step ahead of the woke mob. It amuses me in a way. It's like watching someone who is really drunk trying to convince a police officer that they're not drunk by offering vertigo as the reason they can't touch their nose. It doesn't work, it's never worked, and yet people will still try.

As far as the jokes themselves: if Leno spent his entire career, night after night, trolling Asians mercilessly that would be one thing. But he didn't, of course. And it must be said that he was, as we all know, the host of The Tonight Show, where jokes are generally G rated for the most part.

There is some truth to some stereotypes. Otherwise the stereotype wouldn't even exist in the first place. A mature society recognizes this and is able to laugh at those stereotypes if the jokes are presented in a skillful way by a good comedian.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we are a society of whiny infants who take the most harmless of jokes deadly seriously. Leno feels the climate of the room and is apologizing retroactively in order to stay out of the woke doghouse, and that's all there is to it.

So..Jay Leno, you gutless whiny bitch, I'm pleased to welcome you and your chin to the Woke Wall Of Shame:
    Last edited by Mike; 27th March 2021 at 02:44.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (27th March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th March 2021), Mashika (31st March 2021), RunningDeer (27th March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (27th March 2021)

24. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Teacher BULLIES Student For Not Seeing Race (7:38)

The audio of student/teacher interaction begins @58 seconds.
    A teacher from a school in Virginia was caught on camera criticizing
    a student for taking a colorblind approach to a class assignment.

Student: Well I'm confused. Are you trying to get me to say that there are two different races in this picture? Well at the end of the day wouldn't that just be feeding into the problem of looking at race instead of just acknowledging them as two normal people?

Matt Walsh: This is what brainwashing sounds like in real time. The only difference between that and most public school brainwashing is that in this case the student had the wherewithal to resist it. Now consider that most kids not even kids but all people, adults too, don't really possess the critical thinking skills and backbone necessary to defy a perceived authority figure in that way. And they especially are incapable of thinking and acting for themselves.

Also notice the nature of this brainwashing. The students they’re not just being taught to believe something like to believe a certain proposition, to accept certain facts, to remember certain bits of data., rather they're being told how to think. The teacher is telling them how to see other people.Think about that he wants to change the way they fundamentally view other human beings. And he wants to do this because he subjectively, personally thinks that people should see other humans this way. This is apparently how he sees other people judging them by their race first and foremost. and his mission now is to get the kids brains to work the
    same way.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (1st April 2021), Constance (31st March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (31st March 2021), Mashika (31st March 2021), Mike (31st March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st April 2021)

26. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

UK Government Minister Says People Should “Call Out” Others
    For Hugging Their Loved Ones

A government minister appeared on morning television to urge Brits to “call out” others if they were seen engaging “in an odd way,” such as hugging their loved ones.

Yes, really.

Nigel Huddleston, the UK’s minister for tourism and sport, made the remarks during an interview spot on BBC Breakfast.

“Despite the temptation, please don’t risk the health of your loved ones by actually hugging them,” said Huddleston, before going on to suggest that people should intervene if they witness such dreadful behavior.

“If you see someone behaving in an odd way then call them out on it”

“We all know the rules…if you see somebody behaving in a slightly odd way, then maybe call them out on it in a respectful way, because sometimes some people just forget,” he added.

Huddleston said it was “a little bit awkward” to refuse close physical contact but “in these circumstances it’s the right thing to do.”

Twitter users reacted to the minister’s comments with a mixture of disbelief and scorn.
    “Hugging someone is odd? Christ we’ve been taken over by the Borg. Can imagine the lunatics taking photos of busy play areas now walking round with megaphones ‘calling people out’ Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes,” said one.

“Odd behaviour as defined by year – 2019: Someone looking shady, potentially holding or carrying a suspicious package, with likely terror related intentions 2021: someone who hugs a close friend/relative,” said another.
    Others were defiant in saying they would hug their loves ones, with one remarking, “I’m seeing my kids next weekend for the first time since the end of December! Wild horses wouldn’t stop me hugging them!”

The minister made the remarks on the day that lockdown in England took a further step towards easing, with people being allowed to meet outside in groups of up to six people.

However, as we previously highlighted, other public health officials have asserted that social distancing and mask wearing will continue for years no matter when the pandemic is declared to be over.

article
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 31st March 2021 at 08:28.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (31st March 2021), greybeard (31st March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Mashika (31st March 2021), Mike (31st March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st April 2021)

28. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Teacher Arguing for Mandatory Masks Nearly Passes out While Wearing a Mask.
    Jump to 2:55 minutes.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (31st March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Mashika (31st March 2021), Mike (31st March 2021), Satori (31st March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st April 2021)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Teacher Arguing for Mandatory Masks Nearly Passes out While Wearing a Mask.
    Jump to 2:55 minutes.

For what it's worth, I highly recommend the entire 6 mins This dude is pretty funny.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (31st March 2021), Hym (31st March 2021), Mashika (31st March 2021), RunningDeer (31st March 2021)

32. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

As I was getting ready for the day this morning, for some reason an image of Peter Pan searching for his Shadow popped into my mind.
    After thinking about why that particular image came to mind, I concluded that it may have something to do with the inability of many today who simply cannot face their own Shadow, and so are hysterically projecting their own darkness onto the world.
    Peter's shadow was extremely willful and troublesome, doing all sorts of nonsensical things while it was unattached to him.
    I think it's a pretty good metaphor for the insanity of the "Woke".
    Let's hope they will soon take responsibility for, and own their Shadows, before it's simply too late.
    Each breath a gift...

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Hym (31st March 2021), Mashika (31st March 2021), Matthew (31st March 2021), Mike (31st March 2021), RunningDeer (31st March 2021), Satori (31st March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st April 2021), wondering (31st March 2021)

34. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Portland Residents About To Run Over & Shoot Antifa Lunatics (9:47)
    The beat goes on with ANTFA types as cops stand down. That is until one citizen has had enough of them kicking his truck, dousing the windshield with paint and smashing out his window. He pulls out his gun and takes aim. That’s when the police step in.

Our boy, Salty Cracker sends kudos out to the least two good cops in Portland when they let the citizen go.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (2nd April 2021), Hym (2nd April 2021), Mike (1st April 2021), onawah (1st April 2021), Strat (4th April 2021), Vicus (11th August 2021), wondering (1st April 2021)

36. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...97917581910020

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...80539336990720

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...52737479294976

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...09393383473160

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (1st April 2021), Hym (2nd April 2021), Mike (1st April 2021), wondering (1st April 2021)

38. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

“If you’re vaccinated, you can do all these things. Here are all these freedoms that you have.”
    We have to make it clear to them that the vaccine is the ticket back to pre-pandemic life. And the window to do that is narrowing. You mentioned, Chris about how all these states are reopening.

They’re reopening at 100%. We have a very narrow window to tie reopening policies to vaccination status. Otherwise, if everything is reopened, what’s the carrot going to be? How are we going to incentivize people to actually get the vaccine?

So that’s why the CDC and the Biden administration needs to come out a lot bolder and say, “If you’re vaccinated, you can do all these things. Here are all these freedoms that you have.” Because otherwise people are going to go out and enjoy these freedoms anyway.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd April 2021 at 22:08.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (2nd April 2021), Hym (2nd April 2021), Mike (2nd April 2021), onawah (3rd April 2021), wondering (2nd April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 3 10 LastLast