United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,478 times in 2,544 posts

Default Re: The Wall Of Shame

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/enter...cli/index.html

So, my hatred for Demi Lovato grows. Oh relax I don't really hate her. I just, uh, um...no I think I really do hate her on second thought.

It wasn't enough to attack a mom n pop yogurt store on twitter; it wasn't enough to declare herself queer; it wasn't enough to declare herself gay; it wasn't enough to declare herself bi; it wasn't enough to declare herself poly...well poly whatever the f#ck it's called...because now she's shamelessly returned yet again for her 5000th curtain call, declaring to the world in a fittingly weird video that she is now "non-binary", and has changed her pronouns to "they/them".

The title of this article is appropriately incoherent: Demi Lovato Says They Are Non-binary And Are Changing Their Pronouns

And here's the first paragraph:
    Singer Demi Lovato has revealed they are nonbinary and are changing their pronouns, telling fans they are "proud" to make the change after a lot of "self reflective work."
    Ahhhhh!
    Name:  i-am-legion-for-we-are-many.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  135.9 KB
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 20th May 2021 at 03:00.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Franny (20th May 2021), Hym (20th May 2021), Mike (20th May 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), rgray222 (22nd May 2021), RunningDeer (20th May 2021), wondering (22nd May 2021)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Cracked me up Sue

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Franny (20th May 2021), Hym (25th June 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), RunningDeer (20th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (20th May 2021), wondering (22nd May 2021)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,974 times in 20,621 posts

I have not been keeping up with all this garbage, but one question:
    Is "non-binary" any different from having multiple-personality disorder?
    It sure seems the same...

Oh, whoops-- I meant "Dissociative identity disorder" (apparently that's the politically correct term now).

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)

So, my hatred for Demi Lovato grows. Oh relax I don't really hate her. I just, uh, um...no I think I really do hate her on second thought.

It wasn't enough to attack a mom n pop yogurt store on twitter; it wasn't enough to declare herself queer; it wasn't enough to declare herself gay; it wasn't enough to declare herself bi; it wasn't enough to declare herself poly...well poly whatever the f#ck it's called...because now she's shamelessly returned yet again for her 5000th curtain call, declaring to the world in a fittingly weird video that she is now "non-binary", and has changed her pronouns to "they/them".

The title of this article is appropriately incoherent: Demi Lovato Says They Are Non-binary And Are Changing Their Pronouns

Singer Demi Lovato has revealed they are nonbinary and are changing their pronouns, telling fans they are "proud" to make the change after a lot of "self reflective work."
    Ahhhhh!
    Attachment 46716
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Ewan (26th September 2021), Franny (20th May 2021), Hym (25th June 2021), Mike (20th May 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), RunningDeer (20th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st January 2022), wondering (22nd May 2021)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

A while ago you mentioned we should have a rant thread. We really should. My sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet. Anyway, there's some truth to the following.

Has Alyssa Milano been mentioned here yet? That's one big dummy if I've ever seen one. She lives in a pretend world, she doesn't understand reality. She doesn't stand by what she says, she doesn't believe in anything except annoying the rest of the world. Mrs. Anti Police/Anti Gun/Pro Erase Border Milano should live with our friendly neighborhood moderator Karen for a while. The measured tactful me wants Karen to have a nice chat and demonstrate other ideals that I think Alyssa is overlooking while the ranting me wants to see Karen grab her by the shoulders, shake her and say, "Open your eyes you stupid bitch!"

I would also like to nominate myself into this Wall of Shame. I have this bad habit of finding morons and lurking their content and getting myself angry. I watch sovereign citizen and amendment auditors (aka morons) among other fools on youtube and elsewhere. It bothers me how popular they can be, although it is relieving to see their videos mirrored and the rest of society dogs them out for being the stupid bastards they are.

I basically dived head first into the seas of irrational retardation, subsequently discovering my addiction for annoying myself, during cooking of all things. I like having the TV on in the background. I'd put on Christian Broadcasting Network and listen to their nonsense. I'm fascinated in balls to the wall crazy, and it could be found there. One minute Pat Roberts is condemning everyone who's psychic and the next he's using his God given psychic powers to heal people over the TV. Who needs doctors? Just call my boy Pat. Pat's got your back, and remember every donation counts.

So yeah, I need to stop annoying myself by watching numbskull self proclaimed first amendment auditors and sovereign citizens and just stick to documentaries and puppy videos.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd May 2021), Ernie Nemeth (22nd May 2021), Hym (25th June 2021), Ivanhoe (26th June 2021), Mike (22nd May 2021), Orph (18th September 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), rgray222 (22nd May 2021), RunningDeer (23rd May 2021), Spiral (2nd February 2022)

9. Link to Post #85
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

Ahhhhh!
    Attachment 46716
    This is by no means an excuse for her behavior. It simply shows what it takes be behave/act in this manner.

Demi Lovato reveals she has brain damage from 2018 overdose

LOS ANGELES -- Demi Lovato’s drug overdose in 2018 resulted in the singer having three strokes and a heart attack, leaving her with physical limitations that still affect her.

Lovato reveals publicly for the first time details about the near-fatal incident in “Demi Lovato: Dancing With the Devil,” a four-part docuseries debuting March 23 on YouTube Originals.

In the trailer, Lovato says doctors told her family she had five to 10 minutes to live.

“I was left with brain damage, and I still deal with the effects of that today,” she said in a video call on Wednesday. “I don’t drive a car because I have blind spots in my vision. For a long time, I had a really hard time reading. It was a big deal when I was able to read a book, which was like two months later, because my vision was so blurry.”

Lovato said the lasting repercussions “are still there to remind me of what could happen if I ever get into a dark place again.”

The 28-year-old singer, who sported pink hair on the call, has been working since age 10, when she appeared on the TV series “Barney & Friends.” She went to rehab for the first time at 18, after struggling with bipolar disorder, anorexia and bullying.

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...rdose-75956551

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd May 2021), Hym (25th June 2021), Mike (22nd May 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), RunningDeer (23rd May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st January 2022), wondering (22nd May 2021)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Oh yeah, I share that addiction Strat. I don't quite feel alive unless I'm sufficiently annoyed. I'll even confess to occasionally wishing we still had some trolls around here to poke at. I enjoy the challenge of a worthy opponent (and sometimes a not so worthy opponent). If you sanitize an environment too much it can get a little tedious. It's a tough balance.

If I'm feeling too good, or peaceful, I tend to get suspicious. As in, what am I missing here? It makes me feel soft, unmotivated, fuzzy, warm, overly agreeable, weak etc. So my goal most days is to introduce some degree of conflict into my life. I actually think it's a healthy practice, if done in the proper doses. But what do I know? Maybe I need therapy, like so many ex girlfriends have firmly suggested. I don't go seeking drama, and I don't manufacture it, but I will seek out someone or something I can't stand and aggressively dislike it for a few mins here n there. And if I can tell them how much I dislike them, and why, I feel pleasantly satisfied for a few hours.

I hate seeing bad things happen to good people. It makes my solar plexus feel like it's been tumbled 'round in a dryer. I just hate it. But nothing makes me feel better than seeing someone who deserves some sh!t getting it in full force, especially if I can participate in it somehow. It's thrilling. It's partially why I suggested the rant thread; even if our targets aren't aware of our rants, at least we've gotten it out of our system.

Some alien races refer to us as mere "containers", and before I feel offended by that I have to remind myself that people like Alyssa Milano exist on this planet, quite a few actually, and then I have to wearily concede the point. When I consider Milano and all the squawking subnormals like her, "container" reveals itself to be an overestimation actually. Her and her bleating tribe of hypocritical cretins make the illuminatti depopulation agenda seem reasonable.

Having said all that, I did jerk off to her vigorously as a young kid, and perhaps owe her some form of gratitude..to give the devil her due
    Last edited by Mike; 23rd May 2021 at 07:05.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd May 2021), DNA (2nd February 2022), Hym (25th June 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), rgray222 (22nd May 2021), RunningDeer (23rd May 2021), Vicus (2nd February 2022)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)

Ahhhhh!
    Attachment 46716
    This is by no means an excuse for her behavior. It simply shows what it takes be behave/act in this manner.

Demi Lovato reveals she has brain damage from 2018 overdose

LOS ANGELES -- Demi Lovato’s drug overdose in 2018 resulted in the singer having three strokes and a heart attack, leaving her with physical limitations that still affect her.

Lovato reveals publicly for the first time details about the near-fatal incident in “Demi Lovato: Dancing With the Devil,” a four-part docuseries debuting March 23 on YouTube Originals.

In the trailer, Lovato says doctors told her family she had five to 10 minutes to live.

“I was left with brain damage, and I still deal with the effects of that today,” she said in a video call on Wednesday. “I don’t drive a car because I have blind spots in my vision. For a long time, I had a really hard time reading. It was a big deal when I was able to read a book, which was like two months later, because my vision was so blurry.”

Lovato said the lasting repercussions “are still there to remind me of what could happen if I ever get into a dark place again.”

The 28-year-old singer, who sported pink hair on the call, has been working since age 10, when she appeared on the TV series “Barney & Friends.” She went to rehab for the first time at 18, after struggling with bipolar disorder, anorexia and bullying.

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...rdose-75956551

At the risk of sounding unfeeling, I must confess to not really believing a word of what she says. I know she's had some substance abuse issues, but the stuff about the 3 strokes and the heart attack, I think it's all bunk. I'd have to see some documentation of that.

One stroke is enough to cripple the average person for life. Same with a heart attack. But 3 strokes and a heart attack? You're cooked after that. Dead. And if you do survive, a vegetable. Nothing she says makes sense but she delivers it effortlessly and without any sort of obvious physical impediment. That seems damn near miraculous considering her claims.

I think it's all an attention grab. She's sick alright, just in ways there's no medicine for. It's a narcissistic soul rot. And it's contagious, sadly.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Ewan (26th September 2021), RunningDeer (23rd May 2021)

15. Link to Post #88
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Make A Wish Foundation Will Only Grant Wishes To Fully Vaccinated Children
    The move by the Make-A-Wish team is troubling to hear, considering all of the children who receive wishes are terminally ill and are already being pumped with multiple medications daily. Adding an experimental vaccine on top of numerous medications could end up be life-threatening.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation’s CEO Richard Davis in a recent video announced that wishes will only be granted to terminally ill children who have received the COVID-19 vaccine.

Previously, the charity declared that there would be no wishes granted that involve air travel or large gatherings; now, they have reversed that decision and decided only children who have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks will be granted wishes.

The CEO said the Make-A-Wish team made their decision to resume wishes after they consulted with doctors and the CDC. Davis also went on record to say family members also have to be vaccinated.

Make-A-Wish grants terminally ill children “wishes,” which are opportunities for children to asks for anything they want to do and the Make-A-Wish Foundation will grant that request.

The move by the Make-A-Wish team is troubling to hear, considering all of the children who receive wishes are terminally ill and are already being pumped with multiple medications daily. Adding an experimental vaccine on top of numerous medications could end up be life-threatening.

article continues

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (25th June 2021), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Ewan (26th September 2021), Franny (26th June 2021), Gracy (25th June 2021), Hym (25th June 2021), Ivanhoe (26th June 2021), Kryztian (31st December 2021), Matthew (25th June 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), wondering (25th June 2021)

17. Link to Post #89
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,014 times in 2,416 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Make A Wish Foundation Will Only Grant Wishes To Fully Vaccinated Children

The Make-A-Wish Foundation’s CEO Richard Davis in a recent video announced that wishes will only be granted to terminally ill children who have received the COVID-19 vaccine.

Previously, the charity declared that there would be no wishes granted that involve air travel or large gatherings; now, they have reversed that decision and decided only children who have been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks will be granted wishes.

The CEO said the Make-A-Wish team made their decision to resume wishes after they consulted with doctors and the CDC. Davis also went on record to say family members also have to be vaccinated.

Make-A-Wish grants terminally ill children “wishes,” which are opportunities for children to asks for anything they want to do and the Make-A-Wish Foundation will grant that request.

article continues
    What if the wish is to not be jabbed? It appears that any such wish will not be granted. Unless, maybe. you get the jab, but then you had the jab, so how could your wish to not be jabbed be granted?

Maybe they'll grant another wish.

I have a wish. I wish that Make A Wish Foundation would not require children and their families to get the jab in order to make and receive a wish. But, I don't qualify to make a wish.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Alan (25th June 2021), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Ewan (26th September 2021), Franny (26th June 2021), Hym (25th June 2021), Matthew (25th June 2021), Mike (3rd August 2021), Pam (25th June 2021), RunningDeer (25th June 2021), wondering (25th June 2021)

19. Link to Post #90
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Two-Year-Old With Asthma Thrown Off American Airlines Flight

September 15, 2021
    Another chapter in our volume of stories on two-year-olds being thrown off airplanes for not being able to keep on a mask. The twist this time, however, is that the child suffers from asthma and his mother tried very hard to keep it on. In attempting to balance competing policy concerns, I maintain that more mercy should be shown toward young children.

The incident occurred on September 13th onboard American Airlines Flight 1284 from Dallas (DFW) to Colorado (COS). According to Amanda Pendarvis, mother of two-year-old Waylon, after pushing back, a “truly evil, power-tripping” flight attendant noticed the child was having trouble keeping his mask on and demanded that the captain turn the plane around in order to kick off the boy and his mother. On Instagram, she noted:
    “He got on the intercom and to say to the entire plane, “I’m sorry for the delay but we are dealing with a non-compliant traveler…

“I was not refusing a mask, nor did I even say I wouldn’t try to keep a mask on my son. We were escorted off the plane as I was holding a mask over his little face. I genuinely don’t have words.”
    Waylon suffers from asthma and this was his first time wearing a mask. While American Airlines does offer a disability exemption, as required by federal law, it requires passengers to obtain one in advance. The Penarvis family did not.

An American Airlines spokesperson noted:
    I”Initial reports indicate the party refused to comply with crew member instructions to remain seated and wear a face mask securely over their nose and mouth. After agreeing to adhere to federal face covering requirements, all individuals were rebooked for travel on the next flight to Colorado Springs.
    We were not privy to the interaction between the flight attendant and Penarvis family. Therefore, I will exercise caution before condemning the flight attendant as being overzealous. Certainly some will defend him for simply doing his job.

Stories like these draw my attention not so much because I believe that children cannot receive or spread COVID-19, but because I maintain that in a complicated world, rules must bend at times. Compassion is a public health concern as well. While the child may have put others at risk by not keeping his mask on, there was a very clear and apparent health risk at play: he could not properly breathe with the mask on.

Thus, it becomes an issue of bureaucracy. Kick the family off because they didn’t fill out the form before? It is in these cases that I would interpret exceptions to the rule more generously, on compassionate health grounds.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (16th September 2021), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Ewan (26th September 2021), Franny (25th September 2021), Journeyman (15th September 2021), Kryztian (31st December 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th September 2021), Mike (15th September 2021), Orph (18th September 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), Peace in Oz (16th September 2021), Satori (16th September 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th September 2021), wondering (15th September 2021)

21. Link to Post #91
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,014 times in 2,416 posts

There is no justification for throwing the baby and mother off the plane. The bottom line here is not science or medicine and protecting the health of others. The bottom line is to assert total tyrannical power and control over everyone and quash any “opposition”, even when there is a compelling rational basis for what the controllers will label opposition. The mother’s unforgivable sin was not groveling for permission first. No exceptions. You cannot grovel for permission later.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

avid (16th September 2021), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Blacklight43 (16th September 2021), DNA (2nd February 2022), Ewan (26th September 2021), Franny (25th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th September 2021), Mike (16th September 2021), Pam (25th September 2021), Peace in Oz (16th September 2021), RunningDeer (15th September 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th September 2021), Tracie (Bodhicee) (16th September 2021), wondering (16th September 2021)

23. Link to Post #92
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Parents Read From ‘Pornographic’ Books Assigned To Kids, Sue District
    At a school board meeting, a group of angry parents read aloud from erotic books assigned to students. However, they didn’t end their efforts there. The parents decided to sue the district and took steps to recall the board members.

A group of parents decided to battle Virginia’s Loudon County School District and put an end to the ultra-progressive curriculum. While the district was already in trouble for pushing the radically racist Critical Race Theory, parents discovered that their children are also being fed violently and sexually explicit materials.

During a Lound County School Board meeting, parents lined up to read several “pornographic” excerpts from books assigned to ninth graders. Some of the passages described x-rated encounters between children while others narrated disturbing acts of domestic violence, kidnapping, and torture.

The passages were taken from Tiffany D. Jackson’s Monday’s Not Coming, a social justice novel praised by Publishers Weekly’s “An Anti-Racist Children’s and YA Reading List.” The book details children performing sex acts on one another, some within the classroom.

continued
    Parents Read Excerpts of Books (3 min)

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (25th September 2021), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Ewan (26th September 2021), Franny (25th September 2021), Hym (31st December 2021), Ivanhoe (25th September 2021), Matthew (31st December 2021), Mike (25th September 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), TelosianEmbrace (1st January 2022), wondering (25th September 2021)

25. Link to Post #93
    Language
    English
    Thanks

'The Five' rip Biden plan to monitor bank transactions over $600 (6 min)

• I'm surprised Biden didn't make it $666.

Jesse Watters: Biden has some nerve after his son, Hunter, is being probed for tax fraud, for taking diamonds and hiding overseas income. Then Joe is going to go off and slap the IRS on every American with a bank account?

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (5th January 2022), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Franny (31st December 2021), Gemma13 (31st December 2021), Matthew (31st December 2021), Mike (31st December 2021), Pam (6th January 2022)

27. Link to Post #94
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

Shame on these horses. Not enough diversity training

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Brigantia (1st January 2022), ClearWater (31st December 2021), DNA (2nd February 2022), Franny (31st December 2021), Gemma13 (31st December 2021), Hym (31st December 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st January 2022), Mike (31st December 2021), Pam (6th January 2022), RunningDeer (31st December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st January 2022), Vicus (2nd February 2022), wondering (1st January 2022)

29. Link to Post #95
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

Shame on the school board, must try harder 3/10

Petros.
    @appseyes
    A FATHER LET LOOSE ON THE COMMUNIST SCHOOL BOARD WITH A WARNING!

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

avid (1st January 2022), Bill Ryan (1st January 2022), Brigantia (1st January 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Ernie Nemeth (1st January 2022), Gemma13 (1st January 2022), Hym (1st January 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st January 2022), meat suit (1st January 2022), Mike (1st January 2022), Open Minded Dude (1st January 2022), Pam (2nd February 2022), RunningDeer (1st January 2022), Vicus (2nd February 2022), wondering (1st January 2022)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Comedian Patton Oswalt apologizes to Twitter for posing in a picture with Dave Chappelle:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/patton-os...170217579.html

..all this after Chappelle invited Oswalt to perform with him! Which he did. And this is how he repays the favor

Patton Oswalt, you spineless turd, welcome to the woke wall of shame...

Last edited by Mike; 5th January 2022 at 18:42.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Gemma13 (6th January 2022), Hym (2nd February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th January 2022), Matthew (6th January 2022), Pam (6th January 2022), RunningDeer (5th January 2022), Vicus (6th January 2022)

33. Link to Post #97
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,396 times in 4,297 posts

Patton Oswalt, you spineless turd, welcome to the woke wall of shame...[/B]
    Mate, that guy IS the wall of shame.

Patton Oswalt goes into meltdown at Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal

Patton Oswalt Promotes Impeachment Petition: Trump Supporters Can ‘F*ck Right Off’

Patton Oswalt compares Antifa rioters to US troops landing on the beaches of Normandy

A guy whose wife, a crime journalist and campaigner, died very young in very suspicious circumstances.

Hm that couldn't have anything to do with... (?)

Patton Oswalt tweet: I am a PROUD pedophile

The guy is a Grade-A douche.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	patton_oswalt_tweetsffda93035dc37d81ced7.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	48233  
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Gemma13 (2nd February 2022), Hym (2nd February 2022), Matthew (6th January 2022), Mike (6th January 2022), Pam (6th January 2022), RunningDeer (6th January 2022), Vicus (6th January 2022)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/31/joe-...musicians.html

Never thought I'd do it, but I'm symbolically canceling Joe Rogan.

Say it ain't so Joe...

After Neil Young and Joni Mitchell left Spotify in protest over Rogan's "dangerous misinformation" re covid, vax etc, Rogan made an Instagram video apologizing and promising to "do better" in the future.

Have we learned nothing in the last couple years? Sigh..

There's really only one correct answer to all this if you're Joe Rogan. And that is this: F#ck you Neil Young. F#ck you Joni Mitchell. Go f#ck yourselves.

Anything less is grossly inappropriate. Or just say nothing. Why dignify those fools with the energy?

I'm really disappointed in Joe. The blood is in the water now. Watch closely for the sharks in the following days and weeks here
    Last edited by Mike; 2nd February 2022 at 08:34.

36. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2022), ClearWater (2nd February 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Gemma13 (2nd February 2022), Hym (2nd February 2022), Kryztian (2nd February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd February 2022), Matthew (2nd February 2022), onawah (2nd February 2022), Pam (2nd February 2022), rgray222 (2nd February 2022), RunningDeer (2nd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), Vicus (2nd February 2022), wondering (2nd February 2022)

37. Link to Post #99
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

So sad it's come to this.  The following is a summary of Joe's 10min clip.  And as much as he's holding his ground, whilst showing support to Spotify for choosing him over the others, he does agree to a few minor compromises.

What stuck in my craw was choosing to tell a story about being a 19yr old security guard at a Neil Young concert.  When fights broke out Joe would put up his hoody, cover his security credentials, and leave.  He was not about to get beat up for fifteen bucks an hour.

This day, the security guards had to go and put out Bon fires on the lawn area, but when brawls started Joe said, f*uck this I'm out.  I think his story is a significant telling that he's not prepared to die on the Covid hill or get involved in a "brawl" with other celebrities.

It's a tough one, but like you said Mike, he should have just walked away from it all in silence... like he did when he was 19... because the media are twisting his statement and deleting a sh!tload of traction in the process.

Perhaps it ain't over yet.  Maybe Joe can make a come back on this topic if the media get too cocky.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZYQ_nD...um=share_sheet

.  He is a fan of Neil Young and is sorry he and his entourage left, he didn't want that.

.  He reinforces the credentials of the Professionals he interviewed.

.  Does not agree we should only listen to one group of professionals.

.  Reminds every one that a lot of supposed conspiracy theory, that got people instantly banned a year ago, is now fact.  He gives two examples - masks and spreading Covid when vaxxed.

.  He likes the idea of Spotify putting up a disclaimer on some content when it is contrary to consensus opinion of experts.

.  He offers another compromise by suggesting he should have consensus experts come on his podcast after controversial ones.

.  He explains that his podcasts are just live conversations and that's the appeal.

.  He thanks Spotify for all their support throughout this ordeal.

.  Sucks up to the people that crapped on him by telling a story about how much he loves Neil Young and Joni Mitchell's music.

.  Doesn't know what else he can do.  Will try to get more research done before the shows.  Then says he's not trying to be controversial.  He never planned anything and can't believe the podcast is as successful as it is.  It all started just messing around and talking with friends and then other people wanted to join in.

.  He pledges to try and balance out the controversial perspectives so we, (being Joe and his audience), can arrive at different perspectives and try and figure out the world; and not just on Covid stuff.

.  It's a strange responsibility to have this many listeners and he wasn't prepared for it.  He just wants to create interesting stories.  

.  If he's pissed anyone off, he's sorry, and if you enjoy the podcast, thank you.  Thank you Spotify, thank you supporters, and thank you haters because it's good to reassess perspectives.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2022), ClearWater (2nd February 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Kryztian (2nd February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd February 2022), Mike (2nd February 2022), Pam (2nd February 2022), RunningDeer (2nd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), wondering (2nd February 2022)

39. Link to Post #100
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/31/joe-...musicians.html

Never thought I'd do it, but I'm symbolically canceling Joe Rogan.

Say it ain't so Joe...

After Neil Young and Joni Mitchell left Spotify in protest over Rogan's "dangerous misinformation" re covid, vax etc, Rogan made an Instagram video apologizing and promising to "do better" in the future.

Have we learned nothing in the last couple years? Sigh..

There's really only one correct answer to all this if you're Joe Rogan. And that is this: F#ck you Neil Young. F#ck you Joni Mitchell. Go f#ck yourselves.

Anything less is grossly inappropriate. Or just say nothing. Why dignify those fools with the energy?

I'm really disappointed in Joe. The blood is in the water now. Watch closely for the sharks in the following days and weeks here
    Watch what rogan himself said, don't listen to what the media reported him saying. Rogans response was flawless.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd February 2022), ClearWater (2nd February 2022), DNA (2nd February 2022), Gemma13 (2nd February 2022), Kryztian (2nd February 2022), Mike (2nd February 2022), Pam (2nd February 2022), RunningDeer (2nd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), wondering (2nd February 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 5 10 LastLast