1. Link to Post #121
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Default Re: The Wall Of Shame

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Pam you nailed it. Updating one's thinking often requires a certain brand of courage many won't attempt. Especially if that update involves something like questioning the medical establishment. Because if the medical establishment is corrupt, what else is? That's how the thinking goes I think. It represents a kind if existential crisis, and very few want to grapple with that. They know it will turn their reality upside down. Being emotionally unprepared or unwilling to face that creates a kind of addiction to the false narrative they've been telling themselves all along, and that's where the irrational behavior kicks in

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Chucky's In Love is a Ricky Lee Jones song, not Joni Mitchell, so Joe was obviously sending out an encoded signal to say to start the revolution!

Seriously, FrankV is a good guy. After all he has done for Project Avalon, when Bill was in need. I call bullsh!t on canceling him, or disparaging him.

Mike's right: Rogan groveled when he should have stood firm.

Hey Dennis, I think Mad Scientist means Fred, not Frank. A little goof up there I think
    Yes, that could be very right, names sometimes get lost on me. :-)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), Pam (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Mad Scientist (here)
    Pam you nailed it. Updating one's thinking often requires a certain brand of courage many won't attempt. Especially if that update involves something like questioning the medical establishment. Because if the medical establishment is corrupt, what else is? That's how the thinking goes I think. It represents a kind if existential crisis, and very few want to grapple with that. They know it will turn their reality upside down. Being emotionally unprepared or unwilling to face that creates a kind of addiction to the false narrative they've been telling themselves all along, and that's where the irrational behavior kicks in

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Chucky's In Love is a Ricky Lee Jones song, not Joni Mitchell, so Joe was obviously sending out an encoded signal to say to start the revolution!

Seriously, FrankV is a good guy. After all he has done for Project Avalon, when Bill was in need. I call bullsh!t on canceling him, or disparaging him.

Hey Dennis, I think Mad Scientist means Fred, not Frank. A little goof up there I think
    Me too, Mad Scientist. I'm lucky if I can remember my own friggin name half the time!!!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

9ideon (3rd February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), jaybee (3rd February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022)

5. Link to Post #123
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,294 times in 1,173 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Me too, Mad Scientist. I'm lucky if I can remember my own friggin name half the time!!!
    Used to drink in a Bar with this Guy, called him Arjan for over a year, turns out his name was Stephan. People actually think I do it on purpose, ahh well, lol.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022)

7. Link to Post #124
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,106 times in 905 posts

Ah, the Golden Years!! I can remember things from first grade but not what I had for supper last night! I put clothes in the dryer, but don't turn it in. Don't turn off burners on the stove, stop doing things in the middle, come back, and try to remember why I left it like that. Conferring with my same age-ish friends, it all seems to be"normal", except the past two years have just added so much fuel to the forgetfulness fire. Except that the memory is more like dwindling to ashes....😱😱😱 Also, remembering when the cat is outside is a real challenge, but she isn't out much in winter, fortunately for her.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

9ideon (3rd February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022)

9. Link to Post #125
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Used to drink in a Bar with this Guy, called him Arjan for over a year, turns out his name was Stephan. People actually think I do it on purpose, ahh well, lol.
    Much appreciation for the clarification, Mad Scientist.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

9ideon (3rd February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022)

11. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by wondering (here)
    Ah, the Golden Years!! I can remember things from first grade but not what I had for supper last night! I put clothes in the dryer, but don't turn it in. Don't turn off burners on the stove, stop doing things in the middle, come back, and try to remember why I left it like that. Conferring with my same age-ish friends, it all seems to be"normal", except the past two years have just added so much fuel to the forgetfulness fire. Except that the memory is more like dwindling to ashes....😱😱😱 Also, remembering when the cat is outside is a real challenge, but she isn't out much in winter, fortunately for her.
    Senior moments:
    I can relate, Diane. It’s hard to know how much is OCD with checking and double checking, and how much is over compensation for the grey matter going on strike every now and again.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), wondering (3rd February 2022)

13. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Used to drink in a Bar with this Guy, called him Arjan for over a year, turns out his name was Stephan. People actually think I do it on purpose, ahh well, lol.

Back home in Syracuse, many years ago, my friend Jay and I would occasionally hang out with some of the semi pro hockey players (Syracuse Crunch). One was named Zenith Komarniski. Good guy. Made it to the NHL eventually. Had stints with the Canucks and Blue Jackets.

Anyway, when we first met Zenith, my friend Jay kept calling him "Sven".

I didn't quite catch it at first. Between the alcohol and the loud music in the club, it was hard to hear anything. But then I noticed, and so did everyone else. Jay is an anxious, nervous guy and always yapping, so it was hey Sven this and hey Sven that. It was so silly that no one corrected him for a while. Some of us were amused and some a little embarrassed for him. Zenith initially thought he was the butt of a joke or something, and to his great credit smiled along with each "Sven" that came his way.

But after a while he began to get annoyed. He tapped my arm at one point and said, "Is Jay taking the piss or what?" I assured him it was drunken forgetfulness but he didn't look convinced. Zenith is a big tough guy so it was getting awkward.

Long story short I spent the next hour or so correcting Jay every time he gaffed. (Dude, his name is Zenith!) And it really was a gaffe. He may have been on drugs or something, I don't know, but he just couldn't get the guy's name right. After apologizing 4500 times to Zenith, Jay finally began getting his name right. But no more than 15 mins later he f#cked it up again. Jay was making a trip to the bar and he wanted to know who needed drinks: Mike, a beer? Lenny? Chris can I get you anything? Sven how about you? Need a top off?

Sven. It sounds nothing like Zenith! It's so preposterous that all these years later I still think of it out of the blue and laugh
    Last edited by Mike; 4th February 2022 at 01:38.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

9ideon (3rd February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), wondering (3rd February 2022)

15. Link to Post #128
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Bullies don't respond to humility and reason. It just emboldens them. They'll follow you to the ends of the earth tormenting you till you finally turn around and punch them in the face. I fear that Joe's reaction will only encourage more authoritarian bullies to bring him down
    I agree with this in real life scenarios but on the internet this has the opposite effect. Hence the phrase 'don't feed the trolls.' So any form of attack on them would make it worse IMO.

I suppose I can see no response being the best response but not the proverbial punch to the chin.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Johnnycomelately (3rd February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), wondering (3rd February 2022)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Bullies don't respond to humility and reason. It just emboldens them. They'll follow you to the ends of the earth tormenting you till you finally turn around and punch them in the face. I fear that Joe's reaction will only encourage more authoritarian bullies to bring him down
    I agree with this in real life scenarios but on the internet this has the opposite effect. Hence the phrase 'don't feed the trolls.' So any form of attack on them would make it worse IMO.

I suppose I can see no response being the best response but not the proverbial punch to the chin.

Good point. I agree with ya there.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Gemma13 (4th February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

19. Link to Post #130
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

I get the strong feeling that someone very close to Joe Rogan has been threatened in some way to ward him off, lets face it if Joe suddenly got run over or shot in a "robbery" NO ONE would believe it was anything but an assassination.

As for internet "attacks" it's now gone off the scale, even The Times has the most obvious, lame, BS hit piece on him, in fact it's that bad you have to wonder if it's a double bluff & they are trying to wake people up to the BS going on. (actually now I look again they've been doing one a day ffs !)

Link if anyone's interested https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...rous-ls306kjpk

If he isn't being got at then he probably needs to point out that none of those dinosaur pop stars have the qualifications his guest has, and ask why do they think they know more than he does, Dunning Kruger effect & hubris aside.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

9ideon (4th February 2022), Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), ClearWater (6th February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Johnnycomelately (3rd February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Sue (Ayt) (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Check out what Orwellian tyrant Jen Psaki is saying here..

There is an overt and well documented unholy alliance between the US government and big tech now. When she says "more can be done" what she means is that Joe shouldn't be able to have any guests on that divert even an inch from the mainstream narrative.

They're going after Rogan and Spotify hard now. Not just the Twitter mob and the msm, but the US government as well.

Last edited by Mike; 3rd February 2022 at 19:44.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), ClearWater (6th February 2022), DNA (6th February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), jaybee (3rd February 2022), Johnnycomelately (3rd February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Satori (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), Sue (Ayt) (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

23. Link to Post #132
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

There is an overt and well documented unholy alliance between the US government and big tech now. When she says "more can be done" what she means is that Joe shouldn't be able to have any guests on that divert even an inch from the mainstream narrative.

They're going after Rogan and Spotify hard now. Not just the Twitter mob and the msm, but the US government as well.

Oh the irony, the Queen of misinformation !

"accurate information" from her mouth translates as the lies you MUST believe

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), jaybee (3rd February 2022), Johnnycomelately (3rd February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), rgray222 (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Satori (3rd February 2022), Sue (Ayt) (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,967 times in 2,208 posts

[video clipped see above]
    re bolded above...

I don't think they want any 'mainstream narrative' pushers to go on his show either who could end up hoisting themselves on their own petard, so to speak, as he gives them the warm, respectful but very sussed treatment... in an informal 3 hour softly softly interrogation... Joe Rogan style.... ..... I think many of the liars and 'normies' are too scared to go on already...

and 'they' are going all out doing a 'persona non grata' on him IMO...

who from the mainstream will want to go on and risk being ostracized by their cult - the mob - ?
    they probably shuddered with fear when Joe innocently(?) said one of the things he could do would be get less controversial viewpoints/guests after more controversial ones.... haha...

hopefully the whole thing will backfire and increase Rogan's audience...

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), ClearWater (6th February 2022), Gemma13 (4th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th February 2022), Mike (3rd February 2022), RunningDeer (3rd February 2022), Spiral (3rd February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

27. Link to Post #134
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Peterson's take on the whole Spotify/Rogan/Young fiasco.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), ClearWater (6th February 2022), DNA (7th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2022), Mike (6th February 2022), RunningDeer (6th February 2022), Spiral (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Joe Rogan did and said nothing wrong in his apology or his podcasts, but he deviated from the official narrative and so, must be canceled.

It's a great example to all of us: don't ever apologize to those who are working hard to destroy you.

Last count I saw had over 100 podcasts removed from Spotify.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), ClearWater (6th February 2022), DNA (7th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Mike (6th February 2022), Spiral (6th February 2022), Sue (Ayt) (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    Joe Rogan did and said nothing wrong in his apology or his podcasts, but he deviated from the official narrative and so, must be canceled.

It's a great example to all of us: don't ever apologize to those who are working hard to destroy you.

Last count I saw had over 100 podcasts removed from Spotify.
    If I was Joe, I wouldn't tolerate that. He should say: remove one more of my podcasts and I'm leaving. And if you don't let me out of my contract I'll make this hell for everyone.

Here's Patrick Bet-David explaining why that might be a good thing. He's encouraging Joe and Elon Musk to partner up and basically say f#ck everyone, we're doing things exactly the way we want to and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I think it's an excellent idea!

Last edited by Mike; 6th February 2022 at 07:56.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), ClearWater (6th February 2022), DNA (7th February 2022), Ivanhoe (6th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2022), RunningDeer (6th February 2022), Spiral (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

33. Link to Post #137
    Language
    English
    Thanks

PBD is one of my favorite humans on the planet. He has so much great content. I especially like his perspective of the USA considering his background, his debates are great.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th February 2022), ClearWater (6th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th February 2022), Mike (6th February 2022), RunningDeer (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

35. Link to Post #138
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

Sarcasm warning

I posted this in the cancel culture it began thread, but I can't let this pass without wagging my finger at all those ungrateful people complaining about GoFundMe on TrustPilot. Who do these people think they are?, and what God given right do they think they have to share complaints? The government and GoFundMe are shepherds who always know what's better for us and are pure moral neutral voices, only acting in our best interest. Shame on people unhappy with the service

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ClearWater (6th February 2022), Mike (6th February 2022), RunningDeer (6th February 2022), wondering (6th February 2022)

37. Link to Post #139
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Since this issue has covered many posts, it may be time to start another thread. I dunno, what do yall think? Anyway, check this out:

It's a shame, I was a fan. I suppose I still am but damn man I suppose his big muscles can't make up for his weak heart.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

DNA (7th February 2022), Hym (6th February 2022), Mike (6th February 2022)

39. Link to Post #140
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

A shout out to whoever Christian is over at ToT.
    If anyone wants to see why Frank and ToT belong on the wall of shame they should go read Christian's post over there HERE
    I really want to know who Christian is over here.
    He needs to stand up and take a bow.
    Great work. Thank you!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 6th February 2022 at 21:49. Reason: fixed broken link

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (6th February 2022), Mike (6th February 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast