Thread: Om Mani Padme Hum

1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,825 times in 3,335 posts

Default Om Mani Padme Hum

I can not send vibes to anyone because that's basically not allowed (you must not interfere with other people's will and path, unless they themselves ask for it)

However, i can ask and hope people will bring the best of them out and above of everything that is hurting them bad, no matter what, and that they know we are alone all the time, if we want to be alone all the time. But when we join, we become more than anything that could possibly harm us, ever

I constantly go through very bad times, and frustration and lack of hope, but then i find my way out of that through very simple means that never, ever fail, here's one of them

オムマニペメフム

You just are supposed to sit and meditate, then let it play in your head.. (don't use the actual song, play it in your head instead, by your own magic)

Last edited by Mashika; 13th March 2021 at 02:41.
    Tired

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (30th June 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), Brenya (30th June 2021), ClearWater (13th March 2021), Creedence (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), Delight (13th March 2021), gord (13th March 2021), Gracy (13th March 2021), Harmony (13th March 2021), Hym (13th March 2021), Ioneo (13th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (13th March 2021), Journeyman (30th June 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th March 2021), Michi (13th March 2021), Mike (13th March 2021), Open Minded Dude (13th March 2021), palehorse (13th March 2021), Samson (13th March 2021), selinam (13th March 2021), TomKat (13th March 2021), toppy (13th March 2021), Violet3 (14th March 2021), Wind (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Om Mani Padme Hum

That's a sweet mantra.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

It is a very famous mantra for Buddhists, simple to recite and to maintain peaceful composure anytime.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), ClearWater (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), Gracy (13th March 2021), Harmony (13th March 2021), Mashika (13th March 2021), Mike (13th March 2021), Wind (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

6. Link to Post #4
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    That's a sweet mantra.
    Yes!

I also love Ajeet Kaur on this 'Guru Ram Das' version

This one takes me away from the soul pain when my heart makes me feel infinite sadness and hopelessness, it's so beautiful, it always helps me out

Last edited by Mashika; 13th March 2021 at 03:17.
    Tired

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), ClearWater (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), Gracy (13th March 2021), Harmony (13th March 2021), Ioneo (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th March 2021), Mike (13th March 2021), selinam (13th March 2021), Wind (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    It is a very famous mantra for Buddhists, simple to recite and to maintain peaceful composure anytime.
    or, for Soka Gakkai Buddhists

nam myoho renge kyo

or, if you're John Lennon
    jai guru deva ohm (Across the Universe)
    Last edited by TomKat; 13th March 2021 at 03:58.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), Harmony (13th March 2021), I am B (13th March 2021), Ioneo (13th March 2021), Mashika (13th March 2021), Mike (13th March 2021), Wind (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

10. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    or, for Soka Gakkai Buddhists

nam myoho renge kyo

or, if you're John Lennon
    jai guru deva ohm (Across the Universe)
    Synchronicity or whatever but i just posted a few songs by the Beatles on the Music thread LOL

Quote ohm
    By why the h, shouldn't it just be 'Om...'
    Tired

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), Harmony (13th March 2021), Mike (13th March 2021), Wind (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    I can not send vibes to anyone because that's basically not allowed (you must not interfere with other people's will and path, unless they themselves ask for it)
    Bull**** ... that's like saying you can't talk to people in case they might get offended by what you have to say ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), ClearWater (13th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th March 2021), Mashika (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

14. Link to Post #8
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Bull**** ... that's like saying you can't talk to people in case they might get offended by what you have to say ...
    Not really, there's a giant difference,

For starters, you may want to look at what the concept of "suffering" means on Buddhism, and compare it to what it means in western culture.

It is not the same thing. I'm sorry to say this but you are looking at this starting from the wrong point of view

When you come back to me and explain what "suffering" means, from a buddhist point of view, i'll reply again. Until then, please respect my words, because i don't think you are understanding what i said back there

And if it takes 1, 2, 10 years for you to get it, so be it

Very respectfully

-

Masha
    Last edited by Mashika; 13th March 2021 at 06:31.
    Tired

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), enigma3 (1st July 2021), Ioneo (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

For starters, you may want to look at what the concept of "suffering" means on Buddhism, and compare it to what it means in western culture.

It is not the same thing. I'm sorry to say this but you are looking at this starting from the wrong point of view

When you come back to me and explain what "suffering" means, from a buddhist point of view, i'll reply again. Until then, please respect my words, because i don't think you are understanding what i said back there

Very respectfully

-

Masha
    What others do has nothing to do with you ... you have full faculty to accept or reject anyone else's words (which are a crude form of vibrations), or their "vibrations" as given in any sense, and to deny that ability of yourself is to deny your own personal self, and power. If you want to believe that suffering is needed, what anyone else can say should never interfere with that, as you are the keyholder to that, not them.

Mike
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 13th March 2021 at 06:41.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), selinam (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

18. Link to Post #10
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Very respectfully

-

Masha
    What others do has nothing to do with you ... you have full faculty to accept or reject anyone else's words (which are a crude form of vibrations), or their "vibrations" as given in any sense, and to deny that ability of yourself is to deny your own personal self, and power. If you want to believe that suffering is needed, what anyone else can say should never interfere with that, as you are the keyholder to that, not them.

Mike
    So you did not take even 10 minutes to try to figure out what's the difference between the concept of "suffering" on the western world and the one on the eastern world

Got it

All you said is good for you, but meaningless otherwise, you still don't understood anything i said on that sentence

Like i said, spend a year or 10 understanding, that you need to unlearn all you understand so that you can understand the concepts i'm talking about. It is on your end, as i said, it is not allowed to intercept the path of someone else, for personal gain. Unless they ask, and you did not ask.

So it ends

Don't be angry with me, it doesn't affect you in any way, at all

I only have one question, which i never had an answer before.. Why do people pick up eastern culture concepts, but only partially and then try to figure them out from their western point of view and force the concept into their own previous learned views..

Instead of throwing it all out and learning from scratch so they can really understand what the eastern culture is all about? Why take a half step, every.single.time? There's a reason that when western people go join Buddhist schools on China and Japan, they are asked to first throw away all the 'think' they know, so they can start as kids, from scratch, without any previous misconceptions about anything...

It's like saying i like how fire looks like, and then touching it and saying "i like it but i did not like the touch or heat, so i'm going to put a tv screen that has fire on it so that it looks the same but doesn't heat or harm me anymore"

Yeah....
    Last edited by Mashika; 13th March 2021 at 06:51.
    Tired

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), enigma3 (1st July 2021), Ioneo (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), TomKat (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Very respectfully

-

Masha

Mike
    So you did not take even 10 minutes to try to figure out what's the difference between the concept of "suffering" on the western world and the one on the eastern world

Got it

All you said is good for you, but meaningless otherwise, you still don't understood anything i said on that sentence

Like i said, spend a year or 10 understanding, that you need to unlearn all you understand so that you can understand the concepts i'm talking about. It is on your end, as i said, it is not allowed to intercept the path of someone else, for personal gain. Unless they ask, and you did not ask.

So it ends

I only have one question, which i never had an answer before.. Why do people pick up eastern culture concepts, but only partially and then try to figure them out from their western point of view and force the concept into their own previous learned views.. Instead of throwing it all out and learning from scratch so they can really understand what the eastern culture is all about? Why take a half step, every.single.time?

It's like saying i like how fire looks like, and then touching it and saying "i like it but i did not like the touch or heat, so i'm going to put a tv screen that has fire on it so that it looks the same but doesn't heat or harm me anymore"

Yeah....
    I'm not a Buddhist.
    I never tried to pick up eastern culture concepts at all, only my speak from my own experiences.
    I'm certainly not angry with you, lol, intrigued maybe ....
    I have nothing against Buddhism and eastern teachings at all. Usually what I hear sounds great to me from one perspective.

I can see how this links to the other thread where I deny the need to feel suffering. The world is ****ty. But it doesn't mean suffering --- maybe a semantics issue as I arose that possibility with my conversation with Mike ... dunno; but maybe you could explain how suffering by definition differs vs the Buddhist definition, that may help.

Maybe I have too much of a progressive view vs a 2500 year old one ... ? Dunno ... again just speaking form my current experience and viewpoint. I mean no disrespect to Buddhists.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 13th March 2021 at 07:05.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

22. Link to Post #12
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Very respectfully

-

Masha

Mike

Got it

So it ends

I only have one question, which i never had an answer before.. Why do people pick up eastern culture concepts, but only partially and then try to figure them out from their western point of view and force the concept into their own previous learned views.. Instead of throwing it all out and learning from scratch so they can really understand what the eastern culture is all about? Why take a half step, every.single.time?

Yeah....
    I'm not a Buddhist.
    I never tried to pick up eastern culture concepts at all, only my speak from my own experiences.
    I have nothing against Buddhism and eastern teachings at all. Usually what I hear sounds great to me from one perspective.

I can see how this links to the other thread where I deny the need to feel suffering. The world is ****ty. But it doesn't mean suffering --- maybe a semantics issue as I rose that possibility with my conversation with Mike ... dunno.

Maybe I have too much of a progressive view vs of a 2500 year old one ... ? Dunno ...

Quote again just speaking form my current experience and viewpoint. I mean no disrespect to Buddhists.
    So i asked to spend some time looking and learning about my viewpoint, before speaking up about what i was saying back there

Because i'm perfectly aware that when i say "suffering" or similar things, is not at all what western people understand by it, and that we live on very different worlds. I actually learned this on here. So please look more into it

I'm a Buddhist since i was born, i was raised one, along with also having to deal with being born with a Russian Orthodox mother, so i understand a lot of that stuff as well, but not like it at all

There's a giant different, as i said, between what thee concepts look at the surface, and the stuff that actually goes on, so i just wish that at least people spend a few minutes looking into it before replying with the usual point of view. It's frustrating, i spent years of my life trying to learn western culture, i hoped at least people who i talk to would spend 30 minutes reading on the web about what i say, so we can have a real conversation that is not "i don't know but.."
    Tired

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), gord (13th March 2021), TomKat (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Very respectfully

-

Masha

Mike

Got it

So it ends

Yeah....
    I'm not a Buddhist.

I can see how this links to the other thread where I deny the need to feel suffering. The world is ****ty. But it doesn't mean suffering --- maybe a semantics issue as I rose that possibility with my conversation with Mike ... dunno.

Maybe I have too much of a progressive view vs of a 2500 year old one ... ? Dunno ...

Quote again just speaking form my current experience and viewpoint. I mean no disrespect to Buddhists.
    So i asked to spend some time looking and learning about my viewpoint, before speaking up about what i was saying back there

Because i'm perfectly aware that when i say "suffering" or similar things, is not at all what western people understand by it, and that we live on very different worlds. I actually learned this on here. So please look more into it

All that is cool, I just edited my post before you could post this to clarify that there is obviously a difference in understanding between a Buddhist definition of suffering and a western one, again I suggested that might be the case in the other thread, and I ask of you to explain that difference ... since most of us on this forum are not Buddhist, but more understand the "western" definition .. again it may be all semantics here.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

26. Link to Post #14
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

It breaks my will and hope, and frustrates me to no end, because see this

40+ million results, of that specific question.. in 62 milliseconds, not even a second

Anyways, i don't bother to read, here's the first result, maybe it's right, maybe not, who knows.

As most things, it's up to anyone to resolve that. I'm starting to believe that even if it was right, as long as it doesn't fit western views, it would be considered wrong, while the judges would still want to keep 'learning' about eastern culture, but not those pesky things that don't fit with their pre-conceived views

https://www.jstor.org/stable/27513021?seq=1

I'm starting to turn bitter lol

Oyasuminasai
    Tired

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), wondering (13th March 2021)

28. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Let me go first to perhaps get to the root this misunderstanding:

In the west, the definition of "suffering" is 100% subjective -- it means to interpret what happens in a way that causes emotional, and perhaps sometimes physical strife. But it is ultimately the experience of the experiencer, or victim. and not objectively the act itself. What causes one person suffering may be a matter of something to deal with or route, by another. 100% subjective, determined by the person who is feeling the "suffering" and for what reasoning their experiences and history may make it so.

That is the western definition of suffering.

Anyways, i don't bother to read, here's the first result, maybe it's right, maybe not, who knows.
    Err ... I'd much rather get it from you, a Buddhist, than the internet, lol ...

Don't be bitter, I'm just being curious.

(I have derailed the thread, mods please feel free to bifurcate it as needed)
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 13th March 2021 at 07:19.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), I am B (13th March 2021)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    https://tricycle.org/beginners/buddh...-by-suffering/

This is a good start maybe.
    Seems pretty close to the western definition ... Am I some sort of weird anomaly, that looks at things in life that others see as tragedy and only see's "life's events" without a strong emotional reaction? Am I a psychopath? Is the alleviation of suffering requiring the psychopathic mindset? I dunno ... I don't think I'm a psychopath, I do have strong emotions, but I feel I do not "suffer" as is keeping to be explained to me ... did Jesus suffer? Not that I am Christian .. I am not ... just trying to figure all this out ...

I hope Mashika can give me perhaps a better definition of suffering that jibes with my experience? Or am I the freak here? (for the record I am ok with being the "freak" ... I just am navigating the world as I see it with the world as everyone else sees it, as that is what reality is made of - my reality and everyone else's reality = reality, no one's is better than any others)
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 13th March 2021 at 07:52.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), ClearWater (13th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), Mike (13th March 2021)

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Seems pretty close to the western definition ... Am I some sort of weird anomaly, that looks at things in life that others see as tragedy and only see's "life's events" without a strong emotional reaction? Am I a psychopath? Is the alleviate of suffering requiring the psychopathic mindset? I dunno ... I don't think I'm a psychopath, I do have strong emotions, but I feel I do not "suffer" as is keeping to be explained to me ... did Jesus suffer? Not tat I am Christian .. I am not ... just trying to figure all this out ...

I hope Mashika can give me perhaps a better definition of suffering that jibes with my experience? Or am I the freak here?

Either you're already a Buddha, or you're an unfeeling sociopath, or there's just a semantical disconnect here. Pretty sure it's number 3. But just to be safe, it might be useful if you answer the following question: Have you ever experienced any emotional or physical distress in your life? If the answer is yes, then breathe easy Mr Spock, you're just like the rest of us. That's a form of suffering.

The Buddhist eightfold path is a discipline designed to help people achieve precisely what you're describing though: a state of mind that is completely reliant upon one's inner state, regardless of outward circumstances. I don't think you're there quite yet, but don't feel too bad - maybe only a handful of humans have ever achieved it.

"Dukkha" is kind of roughly translated into English as "suffering". There are 3 forms of dukkha.

1) The physical and mental anguish one inevitably experiences as we get older. Sickness, death, so forth.

2) The stress we feel from impermanence and change, failing to get what we want and losing what we hold dear

3) Existential suffering, the angst of being human, living a conditioned existence and the cycles of rebirth.

All forms of Dukkha, or suffering, are the result of craving or attachment.

That's a pretty bare bones intro.
    Last edited by Mike; 13th March 2021 at 08:12.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), ClearWater (13th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), DeDukshyn (13th March 2021), gord (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), Mashika (13th March 2021), Wind (13th March 2021)

36. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Seems pretty close to the western definition ... Am I some sort of weird anomaly, that looks at things in life that others see as tragedy and only see's "life's events" without a strong emotional reaction? Am I a psychopath? Is the alleviate of suffering requiring the psychopathic mindset? I dunno ... I don't think I'm a psychopath, I do have strong emotions, but I feel I do not "suffer" as is keeping to be explained to me ... did Jesus suffer? Not tat I am Christian .. I am not ... just trying to figure all this out ...

I hope Mashika can give me perhaps a better definition of suffering that jibes with my experience? Or am I the freak here?

Either you're already a Buddha, or you're an unfeeling sociopath, or there's just a semantical disconnect here. Pretty sure it's number 3. But just to be safe, it might be useful if you answer the following question: Have you ever experienced any emotional or physical distress in your life? If the answer is yes, then breathe easy Mr Spock, you're just like the rest of us. That's suffering.

The Buddhist eightfold path is a discipline designed to help people achieve precisely what you're describing though: a state of mind that is completely reliant upon one's inner state, regardless of outward circumstances. I don't think you're there quite yet, but don't feel too bad, maybe only a handful of humans have ever achieved it.

Dukkha is kind of roughly translated into English as suffering. There are 3 forms of dukkha.

1) The physical and mental anguish one inevitably experiences as we get older. Sickness, death, so forth.

2) The stress we feel from impermanence and change, failing to get what we want and losing what we hold dear

3) Existential suffering, the angst of being human, living a conditioned existence and the cycles of rebirth.

So .. .what you are saying is that everyone has the ability to be Buddha, Buddha taught that everyone aspire to be this (as did Jesus) .. .but when I say it of my own experiences, I am wrong, because I am not Buddha (between here and the "other" thread).

I have little fear of death, little fear of age (kinda liking my silver coming into my beard). Death is as much a part of life as living - what is there to fear? Should I fear life? Is fear itself not the cause of suffering? Should we not all seek to alleviate fear? Does that journey not have a serious dead end when we refuse to give up that fear and suffering?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I used to perceive a lot of suffering ... but I rather look at it all now as just "stuff that happens". I still feel emotions about it, but suffering is not really one of those emotions any more. I would say my relationship with my emotions is in a better place than the one that is expected by our society. Do I miss the deceased? Yes. Do I remember them? Yes. Do I suffer their absence ... I choose to recall the joy and memories they brought me ... I would not call that suffering ... Dunno, might be a psychopath - but the fact I have and feel emotions makes me think I am not. How I interpret those emotions may be the differentiator here. Maybe that ultimately is what Jesus and Buddha were trying to get across? Not claiming to be any sort of enlightened being here ... Just a regular person who had strong emotions and worked hard at having a healthy, logical relationship with those emotions.

BTW I ask for this thread to be broken off -- I totally derailed it ... sorry bout that.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 13th March 2021 at 08:17.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), Constance (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021)

38. Link to Post #20
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Either you're already a Buddha, or you're an unfeeling sociopath, or there's just a semantical disconnect here. Pretty sure it's number 3. But just to be safe, it might be useful if you answer the following question: Have you ever experienced any emotional or physical distress in your life? If the answer is yes, then breathe easy Mr Spock, you're just like the rest of us. That's suffering.

The Buddhist eightfold path is a discipline designed to help people achieve precisely what you're describing though: a state of mind that is completely reliant upon one's inner state, regardless of outward circumstances. I don't think you're there quite yet, but don't feel too bad, maybe only a handful of humans have ever achieved it.

Dukkha is kind of roughly translated into English as suffering. There are 3 forms of dukkha.

So .. .what you are saying is that everyone has the ability to be Buddha, Buddha taught that everyone aspire to be this (as did Jesus) .. .but when I say it of my own experiences, I am wrong, because I am not Buddha (between here and the "other" thread).

I have little fear of death, little fear of age (kinda liking my silver coming into my beard). Death is as much a part of life as living - what is there to fear? Should I fear life? Is fear itself not the cause of suffering? Should we not all seek to alleviate fear? Does that journey not have a serious dead end when we refuse to give up that fear and suffering?

As I mentioned in the other thread, I used to perceive a lot of suffering ... but I rather look at it all now as just "stuff that happens". I still feel emotions about it, but suffering is not really one of those emotions any more. I would say my relationship with my emotions is in a better place than the one that is expected by our society. Do I miss the deceased? Yes. Do I remember them? Yes. Do I suffer their absence ... I choose to recall the joy and memories they brought me ... I would not call that suffering ... Dunno, might be a psychopath - but the fact I have and feel emotions makes me think I am not. How I interpret those emotions may be the differentiator here. Maybe that ultimately is what Jesus and Buddha were trying to get across? Not claiming to be any sort of enlightened being here ... Just a regular person who had strong emotions and worked hard at having a healthy, logical relationship with those emotions.

BTW I ask for this thread to be broken off -- I totally derailed it ... sorry bout that.
    You don't understand that you don't understand

That's why i said it could take 1,2 or 10 years, or possibly you may one second before dead on you bed realize it and say "Oh!" and then you will be enlightened, or not

"Forget all you know, and look at the world as a just born child, then you can start the path"

Are you capable? Looking at what you said so far "words are meaningless, and forgettable"

So no

This grew old very soon, time to stop, this was about the mantra, not about this lack of understanding of something you continue to fight against, while still trying to claim as something you understand or are being part of

You are not, by your own will
    Tired

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (26th October 2021), Bill Ryan (13th March 2021), kfm27917 (14th March 2021), Mike (13th March 2021), Samson (13th March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast