+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ethylene oxide in connection with lateral flow tests

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,094 times in 870 posts

Default Ethylene oxide in connection with lateral flow tests

My gut instinct from the start was there is something not right with these tests.

Is it because the man who designed them, Kari Mulis states before his unfortunate death back in summer 2019 that ‘if you search hard enough you’ll find anything in anyone’.

Meaning why use them?
    Is it to drive up false positives which in turn then give governments around the world an excuse to continue lockdowns?

Or are the tests themselves nefarious in some way.

Ok I’m trying to hold myself from falling down the proverbial rabbit hole here, but we have seen reports that nano tech is alive and functioning and can be seen as tiny micro dots on the end of a q-tip.

I’m not sure I’d go that deep with it, but you never know...

But it got me thinking after watching them shove an 8” swab up a tiny child’s nose, what damage is that causing? And what’s on the end of it?
    And why does it needs to be thrust all the way up to the blood/brain barrier to work if we are being asked to wear a mask as the virus is airborne? Should a quick lower nasal test or saliva not work?!

So after one of my children being given a test from college to do at home, I took the chance to check it out.
    It’s all pretty basic looking apart from the fact it very discreetly using periodic table coding that the q-tip is soaked and coated in Ethylene Oxide.

So I done a little research and found various people had found out the same.

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...7-415cb45f176b

A portion of the above published article reads;
    Why Ethylene Oxide is So Toxic (and a know carcinogen)

According to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), Ethylene Oxide (ETO) is a human-made, highly toxic, colorless, flammable gas that, at room temperature, produces a sweet odor.

Ethylene Oxide gases are hazardous substances utilized in the production of ethylene glycol used in numerous products, including pharmaceuticals, polyurethane foam, adhesives, detergents, textiles, anti-freeze, and solvents.

Even minimal exposure to highly toxic Ethylene Oxide gas can create an increased risk of adverse health effects, including blurred vision, difficulty with breathing, breast cancer, and nervous system conditions.

The medical industry uses ETO-derived ethylene glycol manufactured in commercial sterilization facilities to sterilize medical equipment, medical devices, surgical instruments, and other medical products.

Unfortunately, the ethylene oxide sterilization process, storage, transfer, and handling can cause a toxic workplace if the employee is injured through skin contact or air pollution with both ethylene glycol and ETO.

ETO – A Known Carcinogenic

The United States International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classifies the harmful chemical ETO as carcinogenic. Recent evidence by the EPA revealed that Ethylene Oxide exposure through inhalation could elevate the potential risk of developing lymphohematopoietic cancers like lymphocytic leukemia, myeloma, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

To ensure safety, state regulators require employers to take numerous actions to ensure occupational safety when chemical plant employees are exposed to permissible levels of ETO and other hazardous chemicals.

So what is a permissible level of contact with Ethylene Oxide?
    I’ve searched this but cannot find it. Maybe someone knows?
    And how much of it is present on the tests?

If our children are having the tests, almost mandatory inflicted twice weekly at school and college, for an unspecified length of time...would we see a build up of Ethylene Oxide occurring?

My child refused to be tested and said she would do it herself. She refused to do it up her nose and so was advised she must run the q-tip all over her tonsils and as far back in her throat as she could...

It seems I’m not the only concerned parent as I find this:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...connection_wit

Dear Department for Education,

This request is in relation to the use of the Innova lateral flow test (the “LFT”) being used across schools in the UK.

We are in receipt of correspondence from Innova confirming that the swab used in the LFTs is sterilised by ethylene oxide. Given the known toxicity and potential carcinogenicity of ethylene oxide, we are concerned by this.

Under the ‘Freedom of Information Act 2000’, we request disclosure of the following:

- information as to what, if any, independent tests have been carried out to check for any residues of ethylene oxide on a random sample of swabs;
    - information as to what, if any, assessments have been conducted to ensure that the invasive use of these swabs for children is safe?

I understand that, under the Act, I am entitled to a response within 20 working days of your receipt of this request.
    Some parts of the request may be easier to answer than others. Should this be the case, I request that you release information as soon as possible as it becomes available. If my request is denied in whole, or in part, I ask that you justify all decisions to deny disclosure by reference to specific exemptions of the Act.

I will expect you to disclose all non-exempt material that is within the scope of this request. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive fees.
    I would prefer to receive the information electronically at the email address submitted to you as part of this request.

Yours faithfully

Molly Kingsley,
    UsforThem

This was logged as freedom of information act on the 15th March 2021, as of yet no response.

Just throwing it out there to see if I’m being overly paranoid? Has anyone with a scientific/chemical health and safety background any further info on this compounds safety for what is potentially a regular and continued administration into our youths bodies very close if not breaking the blood/brain barrier and lower throat? (and all else having the test)
    Last edited by Sérénité; 22nd March 2021 at 14:10.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Anna70 (22nd March 2021), avid (22nd March 2021), Bill Ryan (24th July 2021), Brigantia (24th July 2021), De Christu (23rd March 2021), Delight (22nd March 2021), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2021), Dick (22nd March 2021), EFO (22nd March 2021), ExomatrixTV (22nd March 2021), Franny (22nd March 2021), Hym (25th July 2021), Ioneo (22nd March 2021), Ivanhoe (22nd March 2021), janette (22nd March 2021), Journeyman (22nd March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (22nd March 2021), Mark (22nd March 2021), meat suit (22nd March 2021), Mercedes (22nd March 2021), Nasu (22nd March 2021), Phoenix1304 (24th July 2021), pueblo (22nd March 2021), samsdice (22nd March 2021), selinam (22nd March 2021), Stephanie (22nd March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd March 2021), toppy (22nd March 2021), yelik (23rd March 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,222 times in 1,147 posts

Default Re: Ethylene oxide in connection with lateral flow tests

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    My gut instinct from the start was there is something not right with these tests.

Is it because the man who designed them, Kari Mulis states before his unfortunate death back in summer 2019 that ‘if you search hard enough you’ll find anything in anyone’.

Meaning why use them?
    Is it to drive up false positives which in turn then give governments around the world an excuse to continue lockdowns?

Or are the tests themselves nefarious in some way.

Ok I’m trying to hold myself from falling down the proverbial rabbit hole here, but we have seen reports that nano tech is alive and functioning and can be seen as tiny micro dots on the end of a q-tip.

I’m not sure I’d go that deep with it, but you never know...

But it got me thinking after watching them shove an 8” swab up a tiny child’s nose, what damage is that causing? And what’s on the end of it?
    And why does it needs to be thrust all the way up to the blood/brain barrier to work if we are being asked to wear a mask as the virus is airborne? Should a quick lower nasal test or saliva not work?!

So after one of my children being given a test from college to do at home, I took the chance to check it out.
    It’s all pretty basic looking apart from the fact it very discreetly using periodic table coding that the q-tip is soaked and coated in Ethylene Oxide.

So I done a little research and found various people had found out the same.

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...7-415cb45f176b

A portion of the above published article reads;
    Why Ethylene Oxide is So Toxic (and a know carcinogen)

According to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), Ethylene Oxide (ETO) is a human-made, highly toxic, colorless, flammable gas that, at room temperature, produces a sweet odor.

Ethylene Oxide gases are hazardous substances utilized in the production of ethylene glycol used in numerous products, including pharmaceuticals, polyurethane foam, adhesives, detergents, textiles, anti-freeze, and solvents.

Even minimal exposure to highly toxic Ethylene Oxide gas can create an increased risk of adverse health effects, including blurred vision, difficulty with breathing, breast cancer, and nervous system conditions.

The medical industry uses ETO-derived ethylene glycol manufactured in commercial sterilization facilities to sterilize medical equipment, medical devices, surgical instruments, and other medical products.

Unfortunately, the ethylene oxide sterilization process, storage, transfer, and handling can cause a toxic workplace if the employee is injured through skin contact or air pollution with both ethylene glycol and ETO.

ETO – A Known Carcinogenic

The United States International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classifies the harmful chemical ETO as carcinogenic. Recent evidence by the EPA revealed that Ethylene Oxide exposure through inhalation could elevate the potential risk of developing lymphohematopoietic cancers like lymphocytic leukemia, myeloma, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

To ensure safety, state regulators require employers to take numerous actions to ensure occupational safety when chemical plant employees are exposed to permissible levels of ETO and other hazardous chemicals.

So what is a permissible level of contact with Ethylene Oxide?
    I’ve searched this but cannot find it. Maybe someone knows?
    And how much of it is present on the tests?

If our children are having the tests, almost mandatory inflicted twice weekly at school and college, for an unspecified length of time...would we see a build up of Ethylene Oxide occurring?

My child refused to be tested and said she would do it herself. She refused to do it up her nose and so was advised she must run the q-tip all over her tonsils and as far back in her throat as she could...

It seems I’m not the only concerned parent as I find this:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...connection_wit

Dear Department for Education,

This request is in relation to the use of the Innova lateral flow test (the “LFT”) being used across schools in the UK.

We are in receipt of correspondence from Innova confirming that the swab used in the LFTs is sterilised by ethylene oxide. Given the known toxicity and potential carcinogenicity of ethylene oxide, we are concerned by this.

Under the ‘Freedom of Information Act 2000’, we request disclosure of the following:

- information as to what, if any, independent tests have been carried out to check for any residues of ethylene oxide on a random sample of swabs;
    - information as to what, if any, assessments have been conducted to ensure that the invasive use of these swabs for children is safe?

I understand that, under the Act, I am entitled to a response within 20 working days of your receipt of this request.
    Some parts of the request may be easier to answer than others. Should this be the case, I request that you release information as soon as possible as it becomes available. If my request is denied in whole, or in part, I ask that you justify all decisions to deny disclosure by reference to specific exemptions of the Act.

I will expect you to disclose all non-exempt material that is within the scope of this request. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive fees.
    I would prefer to receive the information electronically at the email address submitted to you as part of this request.

Yours faithfully

Molly Kingsley,
    UsforThem

This was logged as freedom of information act on the 15th March 2021, as of yet no response.

Just throwing it out there to see if I’m being overly paranoid? Has anyone with a scientific/chemical health and safety background any further info on this compounds safety for what is potentially a regular and continued administration into our youths bodies very close if not breaking the blood/brain barrier and lower throat? (and all else having the test)
    I don't think you're being overly paranoid and I'm very dubious about these tests and their potential to cause harm. That's a great letter.

I had a quick look online and found this from a corporation storing the tests themselves:

https://www.gasdetection.com/gas-det...nd-warehouses/

Quote there is a concern on the part of both the warehouse operators and swab manufacturers regarding the potential exposure of their employees to toxic levels of ethylene oxide.
    Quote we also recommended putting ethylene oxide exposure badges on all employees that might have the greatest chance of exposure to the sterilized swabs.
    Also:

https://obpmedical.com/the-dangers-o...dical-devices/

Quote Per the Center for Disease Control (CDC), “Acute exposure to ETO may result in irritation (e.g., to skin, eyes, gastrointestinal or respiratory tracts) and central nervous system depression.” It can cause nausea, vomiting, and difficulty thinking clearly. ETO should be treated as a carcinogen.

Furthermore, chronic exposure/inhalation of ETO has been linked to:

Formation of cataracts
    Neurologic dysfunction
    Cognitive impairment
    Disabling polyneuropathies, also called peripheral neuropathy
    Among sterile supply staffers, occupational exposure links to:

Hematologic changes (problems in the blood and bone marrow system)
    Reproductive problems and an increased risk of spontaneous abortions
    Various cancers
    I don't want this stuff anywhere near me, let alone up my nose.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Anna70 (22nd March 2021), Bill Ryan (24th July 2021), Brigantia (24th July 2021), Delight (22nd March 2021), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2021), Dick (22nd March 2021), EFO (22nd March 2021), Franny (22nd March 2021), Hym (25th July 2021), Ioneo (22nd March 2021), Ivanhoe (22nd March 2021), janette (22nd March 2021), Mercedes (22nd March 2021), pueblo (22nd March 2021), Sérénité (22nd March 2021), Stephanie (22nd March 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd March 2021), toppy (22nd March 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,094 times in 870 posts

I’ve just found this here;

https://www.petrochemistry.eu/wp-con...K_v6-final.pdf

Health hazards
    EO is recognised as a direct acting mutagen and has the potential to cause mutations in cells of exposed human tissue.
    Animal experiments indicate that EO should be regarded as probably carcinogenic to humans.
    The regulations concerning the personal exposure limits for EO in air vary between different European countries. At the present time, values typically vary between 1 and 10 ppm.
    4.1 Inhalation of the vapour
    Inhalation of EO vapour irritates the respiratory organs and causes accumulation of fluid in the lungs. The symptoms may develop some hours later and are exacerbated by physical exertion.
    The injured person must rest and therefore admission into a hospital is essential. When exposed to higher vapour concentrations, nausea and vomiting can be observed as first symptoms.

So permitted levels in air to inhale are between 1 and 10 ppm.
    It would be interesting to see how much they deem acceptable to ingest or have rubbed on intranasal tissue? I’m guessing not a lot considering it’s high toxicity rate that could surely be absorbed through delicate tissue?

The article also says it has corrosive attributes when applied to rodents and rabbits.
    Is this the part where the blood brain barrier is corroded allowing, say, a toxic vaccine to cross easily into the brain to react with the brains proteins causing cognitive issues??? (Thinking out loud now

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2021), Constance (22nd March 2021), Delight (22nd March 2021), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2021), Dick (22nd March 2021), EFO (22nd March 2021), ExomatrixTV (22nd March 2021), Hym (25th July 2021), janette (22nd March 2021), meat suit (22nd March 2021), Mercedes (22nd March 2021), Nasu (22nd March 2021), pueblo (22nd March 2021), Stephanie (22nd March 2021), toppy (22nd March 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 02:56.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2021), Brigantia (24th July 2021), De Christu (23rd March 2021), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2021), Dick (22nd March 2021), EFO (23rd March 2021), ExomatrixTV (22nd March 2021), Hym (25th July 2021), janette (22nd March 2021), Journeyman (22nd March 2021), meat suit (22nd March 2021), Nasu (22nd March 2021), pueblo (22nd March 2021), Sérénité (22nd March 2021), toppy (22nd March 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,471 times in 21,114 posts

Exclamation Re: Ethylene oxide in connection with lateral flow tests

• Tracking an Invisible Killer
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2021), EFO (23rd March 2021), janette (22nd March 2021), Nasu (22nd March 2021), pueblo (22nd March 2021), Sérénité (22nd March 2021), toppy (22nd March 2021), yelik (23rd March 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

Thanks for this thread, I was looking for some information on lateral flow tests, as it was my understanding that they are done with saliva, just spit on a stick. No invasive swab. So this thread puzzled me because the discussion around the gas and ethylene oxide seems to relate to swabs.

I searched this because I was outside yesterday, about 6 feet away from a man standing on his doorstep, with whom I discussed doing some houseclearing for me. I wouldn't know but for a friend's daughter on facebook said he just posted that he's tested positive for CV. So now I'm supposed to isolate for 6 days and do tests. I have managed to keep under the radar and avoid all tests, pubs (track & trace)and the app they've pinged thousands with, (there's now a shortage of haulage drivers and likely a supply shortage to come, the agenda doesn't escape me).

I've managed so far to keep this dystopian nightmare at bay, but suddenly it's on my doorstep and I feel they got me! I might agree to a saliva test, but that's it. Eek, don't need this while I'm trying to pack up and move in the next few weeks. I'm told I must go to the government website and order these tests, but I'm not doing that as someone I know can drop some off. But....jeez, no social media, no pandemic. Life would be normal. Instead, I feel like a lab rat in a trap.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2021), Brigantia (24th July 2021), Hym (25th July 2021), Sue (Ayt) (24th July 2021)

+ Reply to Thread