+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Internal Vaccination Passports for the UK

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,844 times in 2,378 posts

Default Re: Internal Vaccination Passports for the UK

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Just sent this simplistic message to my MP at Houses of Parlaiment. Didn't want it to get too convoluted for his poor brain. (I say my MP but I've never voted in my life).

SUBJECT: House of Commons vote on Health Protection (Entry to venues etc) SI No 1416

Dear Mr. Opperman,

I was saddened to see you vote with the 'Ayes' on this incredibly important piece of legislature.

History serves as both a reminder and a teacher, when we forget the past we are doomed to make the same mistakes. Both the Nuremburg Code and the Geneva Code expressly forbid forced medication. The Covid Passport combined with mandates will inevitably lead to exactly that.

Science is not complete, we are learning all the time and to refuse debate on scientific issues is, well, anti-science. There are many very well respected medical professionals voicing grave concerns about this vaccine, among them immunologists and Nobel prize winners who are being censored across social media platforms. He who controls the information controls the narrative.

The VAERS reporting system shows 17,128 deaths from the vaccine. Note that the total number of deaths associated with the COVID-19 vaccines is greater than the number of deaths associated with all other vaccines combined since the year 1990.

https://vaersanalysis.info/2021/10/2...gh-10-15-2021/

Corona-type viruses cannot be dealt with by vaccines, all that does is encourage the virus to mutate into new strains.

1930's Germany is on the doorstep and the current narrative is pushing us ever faster towards that bleak future.

Sincerely,

Ewan
    A reply has arrived...

Quote Dear Ewen,

Thank you for your recent email.

As part of its COVID-19 Autumn and Winter Plan 2021, the government outlined a set of measures that would be brought in if the data suggests the NHS is likely to come under further pressure. With early analysis suggesting COVID cases relating to the new Omicron variant could be doubling as rapidly as every 2.5 to 3 days, I fully support the government’s decision to move to Plan B. This means:

Legally mandating face masks in most public indoor venues, with exceptions where it’s not practical, including while eating, drinking, exercising or singing.

Reintroducing guidance to work from home if you can.

Implementing daily rapid testing for fully vaccinated contacts of COVID cases, with isolation required only for people who test positive.

Requiring a negative lateral flow test or proof of vaccination through the NHS COVID pass - mandatory for nightclubs, unseated indoor venues with more than 500 people, unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people, and any venue with more than 10,000 people

I support these measures as they will help slow the spread of the variant, reduce the chances of the NHS facing unsustainable pressure, and buy time to deliver more vaccine boosters. As we have learnt from past practice and from scientific evidence, face coverings, working from home and frequent testing are all effective ways of reducing virus transmission. In my view, the Plan B measures are justified and proportionate.

Whilst the government will continue to look closely at all the emerging data, vaccines remain our best line of defence against COVID. This government has successfully delivered over 100 million vaccine doses in England, and is determined to protect the nation by offering everyone in England aged 18 and over a booster jab by the end of the month. I encourage everyone to book their booster jab at the earliest opportunity, or to book their first vaccination if they have not yet done so.

Specifically, the NHS COVID pass is not a vaccine passport. The proposed rules, which I voted for, specifically allow for a negative Lateral Flow Test as an alternative to proof of jabs. If you go to a higher risk destination such as a large event or a nightclub, I think it is sensible and proportionate in the face of Omicron spreading rapidly, to take precautions to stop the spread of the virus.

The goal of these measures is to stop lockdowns. Sensible measures taken now - as other countries around the world, of differing political persuasions, are taking – will help control the spread and impact of Omicron on our NHS and the population. Against a highly infectious disease, vaccinations are a collective defence.

To enable us all to enjoy this Christmas with our family and loved ones, the single most important thing we all can do is get boosted. The evidence is overwhelming that a third dose is required to get the best protection from Omicron, and not being vaccinated seriously raises the chances of serious illness from COVID.

My final comment is please persuade your friends and family to get vaccinated and get the booster.

Thank you again for taking the time to raise these important matters.

Yours ever,
    Guy Opperman

Literally ignored 90% of email and replied with propaganda. What else did I expect.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (18th December 2021), Gemma13 (18th December 2021), gord (18th December 2021), Gwin Ru (18th December 2021), happyuk (18th December 2021), Harmony (18th December 2021), iota (18th December 2021), Jambo (18th December 2021), jaybee (18th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (18th December 2021), Matthew (18th December 2021), meat suit (18th December 2021), mizo (18th December 2021), Pam (18th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)

Literally ignored 90% of email and replied with propoganda. What else did I expect.
    An appropriate reply from you might be:

~~
    Dear Mr Opperman,

Thank you for your very mindless form letter. I know you did not read what I wrote.

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (18th December 2021), Ewan (18th December 2021), Gemma13 (18th December 2021), gord (18th December 2021), Gwin Ru (18th December 2021), happyuk (18th December 2021), Harmony (18th December 2021), iota (18th December 2021), Jambo (18th December 2021), jaybee (18th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (18th December 2021), Matthew (18th December 2021), mizo (18th December 2021), Pam (18th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021), Yoda (18th December 2021)

5. Link to Post #123
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Quote Ewan:

Legally mandating face masks in most public indoor venues, with exceptions where it’s not practical, including while eating, drinking, exercising or singing

Looks like it's time for everyone to start singing...

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (18th December 2021), Ewan (18th December 2021), Gwin Ru (18th December 2021), happyuk (18th December 2021), Harmony (18th December 2021), iota (18th December 2021), Matthew (18th December 2021), mizo (18th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,938 times in 2,204 posts

Re letters that we sent to MPs about the vote on 'vaccine passports'.... I don't think the actual MP reads any of them but a record may be kept of the for or against numbers -

I kept my letter short because I knew Rachel Maclean wouldn't read it - (but well done to you Ewan because someone must read them... and you never know when something gets through...)

For the record this was my letter and reply - the stock reply is obviously written in advance in anticipation of the emails that will come in -

Quote Dear Rachel - please vote AGAINST vaccine passports -

The fate of Britain is in your hands and we are on a slippy slope towards an authoritarian future - this will be done in small steps and this is one of them - if the Conservative Party doesn't support common sense freedoms now then all is lost -

thank you

Quote Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

I do understand the concerns and the arguments that have made against the use of COVID-status certification, but I believe that certification is a valuable tool in helping to manage the spread of Covid-19.

As you are aware, in light of the increased threat of the Omicron variant, the Government has decided to enact the ‘Plan B’ measures set out in the summer and designed to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed. This decision is based on three key reasons - the dramatically increased transmissibility of the variant, the unknown severity of Omicron, and the likelihood that there is lower immunity from vaccination when compared to past variants.

‘Plan B’ mandates the use of COVID-status certification, through the NHS COVID Pass, to provide a means of ensuring venues can remain open throughout the winter. These ‘Plan B’ regulations will make the NHS COVID Pass mandatory for entry into nightclubs, and venues where large crowds gather including unseated indoor venues with more than 500 people, unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people and any venue with more than 10,000 people.

The Government has already been encouraging voluntary use of the NHS COVID Pass and over 200 events and venues have already enacted it as a condition of entry including Premier League matches, Reading and Leeds Festivals and the BBC Proms.

I am glad that currently the NHS COVID Pass can still be obtained with two doses of a vaccine, though the Government will keep this under review as boosters continue to be rolled out. Further, a negative lateral flow test will be sufficient evidence to demonstrate COVID-status. I have been reassured that these regulations will be reviewed on the 5th of January, when the Government will provide an update to Parliament.

I appreciate your argument about civil liberties and the use of COVID-status certification, but the Government has only mandated certification in certain venues. I want to take back our freedoms, as we all do, and I believe that use of the NHS COVID Pass in higher risk settings is a socially responsible approach.

Regarding the use of certification in other countries, I fully appreciate that those who are vaccinated can still be infected and may still transmit Covid-19 to others, but having the vaccine vastly reduces the odds of this, and this is backed up by the scientific data. This is particularly the case in settings where large numbers of people are likely to gather for prolonged periods.

I believe that the balanced and proportionate measures outlined in ‘Plan B’, including COVID-status certification, will allow us to protect ourselves and our loved ones this winter – and to reduce the pressures on our NHS. They will ensure we take control of our response and stay a step ahead of the virus as we continue to rollout booster doses and strengthen our defences.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Kind regards,
    Rachel Maclean MP

Member of Parliament for Redditch
    Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the Home Office

These MPs have no idea what's happening and what they are being duped into supporting - or they are in denial -

Do they even know the injections are experimental and unlicensed - that they aren't actually vaccines - that short and long term effects are unknown - that they are urging the public to take part in clinical trials - that very high numbers of people are having severe adverse effects and large numbers are dying -

I think they are compartmentalizing their minds about all this - keeping the blinkers on and not letting doubts surface - because they don't want to rock the boat - but when the boat starts to sink they will have to live with what they've done - I hope the large numbers of rebels has made them think more deeply about it all....

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th December 2021), avid (18th December 2021), Bill Ryan (18th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (18th December 2021), Ewan (18th December 2021), Gemma13 (18th December 2021), Gwin Ru (18th December 2021), Harmony (18th December 2021), Mare (18th December 2021), Matthew (18th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

9. Link to Post #125
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,789 times in 1,323 posts

Ditto all the above with the reply from my MP. Paraphrasing the gist of it:

'I take on board the civil liberties issue, but this is a very dangerous bug straining the NHS so everyone needs to get jabbed.'

He's a junior minister though, a career politician, so I guess he has to toe the authoritarian line.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Ewan (18th December 2021), Gemma13 (18th December 2021), Gwin Ru (18th December 2021), Harmony (18th December 2021), jaybee (18th December 2021), Matthew (18th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,639 times in 8,116 posts

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    Ditto all the above with the reply from my MP. Paraphrasing the gist of it:

'I take on board the civil liberties issue, but this is a very dangerous bug straining the NHS so everyone needs to get jabbed.'

He's a junior minister though, a career politician, so I guess he has to toe the authoritarian line.
    We should sack these people just so they have time to do some research.

Maybe we could set up life swaps with them. they go and sit at home researching while we go to the house of commons to do some proper voting.

It would be good civil unity, we'd all get to understand each other better.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (18th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (18th December 2021), Ewan (18th December 2021), Gemma13 (18th December 2021), Gwin Ru (19th December 2021), Matthew (19th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

13. Link to Post #127
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mizo (here)
    It is so damn depressing up here in the North East. all the bloody local shops and supermarkets are again full with shoppers goaded back into wearing a mask, likewise, I've noticed even outside-all mostly all masked-up when walking along the high street.

Most of my peers/colleagues/friends (were they friends? I'm not so sure now!) that I work(ed) with in the creative arts and music sectors appear to have lost the plot completely, mostly or predominately politically left leaning (as I once thought I was) they hang by every word of the Covid narrative and the MSM pandemic panic reports or even what that Tory mirroring Kier Starmer blandly utters ... I've hardly worked or gigged in 2 years, myself whom once was a contented self -employed musician and artist, that now needs work ... but I'm not willing to comply to any of the bull****.

This insanity is getting to me!

Rant over apologies.
    Detached observation 😁

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jimbobule For This Post:

avid (19th December 2021), Bill Ryan (19th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Ewan (19th December 2021), gord (19th December 2021), Gwin Ru (19th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2021), Matthew (19th December 2021), mizo (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

15. Link to Post #128
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

I'm off topic here: I was talking to Ms C at the Stand In The Park Cold today, she has reached the limit of challenging the brainwashed around her with her friends and family, to the point her PoV is rejected so it does no good repeating it; she may get rejected if she persists. We've sowed the seeds of doubt best we can, and now we get to watch our friends and family trapped in an abusive relationship with the government/media.

But my point is we're suddenly alone, like Invasion of the body-snatchers 2021 live edition. So we need to make new friends and find some way, by hook or by crook, to have parties with them. They'd have to be stealth parties, I have plans to use woodland for small parties of 6-24 people. It's not everyone's cup of tea in the Winter, but fellow truthseekers/prepper friends that I've made recently, all local, they all love the idea. It doesn't have to be a woodland party - we have woods and forest around us so I'm using what we have. When they ban pubs and churches sorry they have not banned churches they know what they're doing. Making new friends in a hurry requires everyone to get too drunk and make an arse of themselves, it's very important. We have to pull our socks up and get a move on. This is a glib point but I believe it... break down those barriers and doing it in a hurry (so we get to know each other better - stronger friendships)
    Last edited by Matthew; 19th December 2021 at 13:34.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th December 2021), avid (19th December 2021), Bill Ryan (19th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (19th December 2021), Ewan (19th December 2021), gord (19th December 2021), Gwin Ru (19th December 2021), happyuk (19th December 2021), jimbobule (19th December 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (19th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

17. Link to Post #129
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,789 times in 1,323 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    So we need to make new friends and find some way, by hook or by crook, to have parties with them. They'd have to be stealth parties, I have plans to use woodland for small parties of 6-24 people. It's not everyone's cup of tea in the Winter, but fellow truthseekers/prepper friends that I've made recently, all local, they all love the idea. It doesn't have to be a woodland party - we have woods and forest around us so I'm using what we have.
    Sounds like a great plan; if I wasn't half way up the country I'd join the party. You could take kindling and dry wood with you to get a fire going, it's so damp now that there would be no risk of burning the whole woodland down, that would keep everyone warm.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th December 2021), Bill Ryan (19th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Ewan (19th December 2021), gord (19th December 2021), Gwin Ru (19th December 2021), jaybee (15th January 2022), Matthew (19th December 2021), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

19. Link to Post #130
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yeah exactly! The best idea is no one huge massive big party, so that means lots and lots of smaller parties; equals the same thing. So ideally you could have a mini-party more locally. I know it might seem like a far away idea but dare to glimpse it.

Open fires and hot-tents are the way forward for us; a couple of friends got married in the woods so they have canvas tents, another had their 40th party in the woods, festivals in the woods... there is enough equipment around for a cosy experience. I went to a festival in January 2000 with an array of teepees with wood burning stoves; it was snowing but it worked really well. As long as you never stop feeding the fires it's fine.

People who hire sections of managed forest also sell firewood (it's part of how they make their money but much cheaper than campsite rates). They have an intuitive sense of wood/charcoal consumption and know how much wood you'll need, I've found it very easy to manage the cost.
    In unmanaged forest there's dead wood all over the place. There's dead wood everywhere you go, sometimes fallen trees are cut into three foot logs and left in piles.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th December 2021), avid (19th December 2021), Bill Ryan (19th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (19th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (19th December 2021), Ewan (19th December 2021), gord (19th December 2021), Gwin Ru (19th December 2021), happyuk (19th December 2021), jaybee (15th January 2022), thepainterdoug (19th December 2021), Tintin (19th December 2021), wondering (19th December 2021)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Hi friends from the UK (and elsewhere),

Have you come accross this yet?

I just can't understand why this does not hit the minds of people and (at least) the alternative news headlines ?

OFFICIAL DATA'S (ONS.GOV.UK) SHOW THAT ALL CAUSES DEATH RATE OF VACCINATED 10-59 YEARS OLD VACCINATED PEOPLE IS ON AVERAGE TWICE THE RATE OF NON VACCINANED IN THE U.K.

Source : Table 4 of https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nstatusengland

Note: This piece of info was first digged out by independant journalist (ex. NY Times) Alex Berenson about 3 weeks ago.

To me, this is THE MASSIVE argument against all this craze.

This is the shortest and most inescapable argument I can think of. Isn't it?

These double vaccinated dead people are not half dead. They passed away, for whatever reason including falling from the ladder. And in much larger rate than... the control group.

Why is this still vastly unheard of (or else debunked)?

Why does the Resitance not USE this as a weapon of mass detruction of the official narrative ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211123_003849_949.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	48123  
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 20th December 2021 at 09:53.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th December 2021), Bill Ryan (20th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (19th December 2021), Ewan (20th December 2021), Gwin Ru (20th December 2021), Icare (21st January 2022), jaybee (15th January 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (27th December 2021), Matthew (20th December 2021), meat suit (20th December 2021), Peace in Oz (21st December 2021), Tintin (20th January 2022), wondering (19th December 2021)

23. Link to Post #132
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Rebel News have launched a campaign against vaccine passports in the UK

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

avid (27th December 2021), Bill Ryan (27th December 2021), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (27th December 2021), Ewan (28th December 2021), Franny (19th January 2022), Gwin Ru (27th December 2021), Icare (21st January 2022), melissanederland (27th December 2021), Tintin (20th January 2022)

25. Link to Post #133
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Cut and pasted in full from: https://www.newstalk.com/news/booste...x=1641399596-1

Booster certs will eventually be needed for bars and restaurants - Taoiseach

Booster certs will eventually be needed to access bars and restaurants, the Taoiseach has confirmed.

Under new rules adopted by the European Commission last month, the EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate will soon only be valid for nine months.

The rules only apply to international and, speaking at the time, the Tánaiste Leo Varadkar said the Government had not considered applying them domestically.

Currently, booster doses are not recorded on COVID certs; however, the Government this afternoon confirmed that they will be updated in the coming weeks.

Speaking after this morning’s Cabinet meeting, the Taoiseach said boosters would eventually be needed to enter bars and restaurants.

“In the fullness of time, yes, I think, but not shorter than that,” he said. “The HSE are now working on including the booster within the vaccine record and cert.”

“Now Government decisions will have to be taken then in terms of the policy implication of that, but it is very clear to us that the benefits of the booster are very significant right now in preventing infection but above all in preventing severe illness from Omicron.”

Several other EU countries have already placed expiry dates on COVID certs for hospitality.

In Italy, COVID certs are only valid for nine months while in France, they are only valid for seven months in people over the age of 65.

France plans to extend that rule to people of all ages by January 15th.

While booster shots are known to protect against COVID-19 hospitalisation and severe disease, there is less data supporting their effectiveness in reducing transmission.

In September, researchers in Israel found that a third dose of Pfizer reduced infection among people aged over 60 by a factor of 11.3.

Meanwhile, a study published in the Lancet at the end of October found that vaccinated people who catch the virus are just as infectious as unvaccinated people – although they remain so for a shorter period of time.

The study notes that vaccinated people are less likely to pick up the virus in the first place – and vaccines continue to be highly effective at preventing severe hospitalisation and death.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th January 2022), Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (5th January 2022), Ewan (14th January 2022), Franny (19th January 2022), Gwin Ru (6th January 2022), Icare (21st January 2022), jaybee (15th January 2022), Tintin (20th January 2022)

27. Link to Post #134
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There's talk of backing down on vaccination papers, but we shall see. It feels good to have some respite. They've got more tricks ready, they're going to use their sting at some point

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ssible-version

Policy paper
    Identity document validation technology in the right to work and right to rent schemes, and DBS pre-employment checking (accessible version)
    Published 27 December 2021

The Home Office and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) are working with DCMS as it develops proposals for new legislation to establish a UK Digital Identity and Attributes Trust Framework. This framework will set out the rules and standards for organisations to follow in order to carry out secure, trustworthy, and consistent digital identity checks.

The trust framework was initially launched in February 2021 as an early prototype (alpha). It has since undergone two rounds of public consultation, to be thoroughly tested with services, industries, organisations and released to potential users. The framework continues to be developed and the next stage (beta version) will begin in early 2022, ahead of being formalised in legislation.

Following the positive feedback received about the ability to conduct right to work and right to rent checks remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Home Office initiated a review of the availability of specialist technology to support a system of digital checks in the future.

This review has now concluded, and this update sets out the key outcomes.

The Home Office recognises the benefits the adjusted checking process has brought and are mindful of the shift towards increased hybrid and remote working models.

As a result, the Home Office will enable employers and landlords to use certified Identification Document Validation Technology (IDVT) service providers to carry out digital identity checks on their behalf for many who are not in scope to use the Home Office online services, including British and Irish citizens. The relevant changes to legislation will take effect from 6 April 2022.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), BMJ (20th January 2022), Ewan (14th January 2022), Franny (19th January 2022), Gwin Ru (15th January 2022), Harmony (20th January 2022), Icare (21st January 2022), jaybee (15th January 2022), Tintin (20th January 2022)

29. Link to Post #135
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A day in the life:

9am

Saw this, thought ok, well that might sound alright for most but I don;t trust it if it's still based on lies. Each small lie a broken window..., building up the cholesterol of lies to activate gaslighting. ... so this news is still not good enough and Occam's razor raw unmitigated paranoia tells me it's probably a trick. Hey-ho, carry on with my day.

GB News
    @GBNEWS
    Covid restrictions 'to be scrapped but facemarks will remain'
    https://www.gbnews.uk/news/covid-res...-remain/208707

---------------------------- 8< -------------------------------

Then I look up.

6pm

~Oh wait, ... now masks are gone too and it's over? wut1?¿??

---------------------------- 8< -------------------------------

It's like that Beatles song that's two weird songs stuck together. I like it a lot, it works, but it's like that... two halves of a day stuck together.

I'll take this sudden abandonment of lies and restrictions with a pinch of salt. Double crosser suddenly stops double crossing and plays a straight game... sure, sure. In David Eddings Belgariad series of fantasy books there's a moment when they approach an amazing shining city. In the fantasy story there's a fable one of the characters shares with another, it's something like "They say the city is so magnificent it can strike you blind when you see it for the first time; look at it with one eye shut so if it does you still have one eye". I was thinking of this quote this when I heard this news of supreme-hope; I'd recommend viewing this good hope with one eye shut in case the truth burns later

30. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th January 2022), avid (20th January 2022), Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (19th January 2022), Eva2 (19th January 2022), Ewan (23rd January 2022), Franny (19th January 2022), Gwin Ru (20th January 2022), Harmony (20th January 2022), jaybee (20th January 2022), mountain_jim (20th January 2022), Tintin (20th January 2022), wondering (20th January 2022)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,938 times in 2,204 posts

I'd recommend viewing this good hope with one eye shut in case the truth burns later
    good recommendation Matthew.... although I'm pleased and relieved I can't let my guard down...

Maybe the Jab Pushers here realize they have injected as many people as they are going to and rather than take it onto another level they are going to ease off because the Tories will not want to be at the helm as England turns into some kind of Nazi/communist hellhole.... also perhaps the 'Booster' Jab (ie the 3rd injection) is starting to show itself to be extra dangerous and they want to slip away from it's promotion... ?

This isn't all over - not by a long chalk - but I do feel great relief about this turn of events in England...

While remaining very concerned about what's happening in other countries like Australia, Austria etc...

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Ankle Biter (20th January 2022), avid (20th January 2022), Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (21st January 2022), Ewan (23rd January 2022), Gwin Ru (20th January 2022), Harmony (20th January 2022), Icare (20th January 2022), Matthew (20th January 2022), meat suit (20th January 2022), mountain_jim (20th January 2022), Tintin (20th January 2022), wondering (20th January 2022)

33. Link to Post #137
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, can't swallow the idea 'it's over' but the respite is welcome. One thing I've learnt in this thread: the battle might not be over but if we win the day we get to enjoy the day

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (21st January 2022), Ewan (23rd January 2022), Gwin Ru (20th January 2022), Harmony (20th January 2022), Icare (21st January 2022), Mare (20th January 2022), mountain_jim (20th January 2022), Tintin (20th January 2022), wondering (20th January 2022)

35. Link to Post #138
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,345 times in 5,388 posts

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)
    I'd recommend viewing this good hope with one eye shut in case the truth burns later
    good recommendation Matthew.... although I'm pleased and relieved I can't let my guard down...

Maybe the Jab Pushers here realize they have injected as many people as they are going to and rather than take it onto another level they are going to ease off because the Tories will not want to be at the helm as England turns into some kind of Nazi/communist hellhole.... also perhaps the 'Booster' Jab (ie the 3rd injection) is starting to show itself to be extra dangerous and they want to slip away from it's promotion... ?

This isn't all over - not by a long chalk - but I do feel great relief about this turn of events in England...

While remaining very concerned about what's happening in other countries like Australia, Austria etc...
    Yes, let's enjoy the respite whilst remaining extraordinarily vigilant.

A reminder: this may just be Chapter 1 in the story. The bio-security state infrastructure has now been put into place and could be deployed in an instant, at any time, although I'd hope that few would wish to participate in any proposed future lockdown/lockup scenario again.

The optimist in me still thinks that England would resist, again.

Our neighbouring friends are having a particularly awful time of it though, and the EU is a horror show.

And Ireland? Unless there's been a blanket suppression of any resistance coverage there by their government I've seen so very little pushback, at all. I'd really appreciate more news from there
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), BMJ (20th January 2022), Brigantia (21st January 2022), Ewan (23rd January 2022), Gwin Ru (20th January 2022), Harmony (20th January 2022), Icare (21st January 2022), Mare (20th January 2022), Matthew (20th January 2022), meat suit (20th January 2022), mountain_jim (20th January 2022), wondering (20th January 2022)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,331 times in 1,704 posts

England Ends All COVID Passports, Mask Mandates, Work Restrictions

19 JAN 2022

By Lily Zhou of the Epoch Times

Restrictions including COVID-19 passes, mask mandates, and work-from-home requirements will be removed in England, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Wednesday. Johnson also suggested that self-isolation rules may also be thrown out at the end of March as the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus pandemic becomes endemic.

Effective immediately, the UK government is no longer asking people to work from home. The COVID pass mandate for nightclubs and large events won’t be renewed when it expires on Jan. 26. And from Thursday, indoor mask-wearing will no longer be compulsory anywhere in England.

The requirement for secondary school pupils to wear masks during class and in communal areas will also be removed from the Department for Education’s national guidance.

Roaring cheers from lawmakers could be heard in the House of Commons following Johnson’s announcements on masks.

People who test positive for COVID-19 and their unvaccinated contacts are still required to self-isolate, but Johnson said he “very much expect[s] not to renew” the rule when the relevant regulations expire on March 24.

“As COVID becomes endemic, we will need to replace legal requirements with advice and guidance, urging people with the virus to be careful and considerate of others,” the prime minister said.

Asked to remove testing rules for vaccinated UK-bound travellers, Johnson said the government is reviewing the testing arrangements on travel and that an announcement can be expected in the coming days.

But he refused to reconsider the vaccination mandate for frontline health care workers, insisting “the evidence is clear that health care professionals should get vaccinated.”

Johnson told MPs that the Cabinet decided to remove its so-called “Plan B” measures on Wednesday morning as data suggest the Omicron wave has peaked nationally, and he attributed stabilising hospital admission numbers to “the extraordinary booster campaign” and the public’s compliance to the restriction measures.

The removal of the “Plan B” measures against the CCP virus came as the prime minister battles increasing pressure calling for him to resign over alleged lockdown-breaching parties in Number 10 Downing Street, the prime minister’s official residence, during the pandemic.

It also came after Number 10 received a petition on Monday signed by more than 200,000 people, calling for an end to vaccine passports and similar COVID certifications.

A separate petition calling on the reversal of vaccine mandates for health care workers, which was also delivered to Number 10 on Monday, received about 160,000 signatures.

Governments in Scotland and Wales have also announced the removal of Omicron curbs, but mandatory indoor mask-wearing and COVID passes will remain in place.

Link: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/en...k-restrictions
    In hoc signo vinces / In this sign thou shalt conquer

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

avid (20th January 2022), Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), Brigantia (21st January 2022), Ernie Nemeth (20th January 2022), Ewan (20th January 2022), Gwin Ru (20th January 2022), Harmony (20th January 2022), Icare (21st January 2022), Mare (20th January 2022), Matthew (20th January 2022), mountain_jim (20th January 2022), Tintin (20th January 2022), wondering (20th January 2022)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,844 times in 2,378 posts

Well, for a week or two maybe..

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th January 2022), Brigantia (21st January 2022), Gwin Ru (20th January 2022), Icare (21st January 2022), Journeyman (21st January 2022), Mare (20th January 2022), Matthew (20th January 2022), meat suit (20th January 2022), Tintin (21st January 2022), wondering (20th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 7 8 LastLast