German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 685 posts

Default Re: WW3? Ukraine/US vs. Donbass/Russia

https://www.imetatronink.com/

Wednesday, September 7, 2022
    "Counter-Offensive" - You Keep Using That Word

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (12th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Reinhard (12th September 2022), Rizotto (12th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

3. Link to Post #4902
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I told you over a month ago Russia has already lost - they lost on the first day of Putins war. I was showered with less than appreciative comments at the time "stupid" being one of them.
    Now it hopefully becomes apparent to the last member of this echo chamber that i was right.

But then again - maybe not because this group acts much like the German general staff in 1944. Let it be known that denial is not a river in Egypt LOL.

4. Link to Post #4903
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,683 times in 9,999 posts

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/stat...78630646415360

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/stat...14649492086785
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (12th September 2022), Reinhard (12th September 2022), Rizotto (12th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Spiral (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022), XelNaga (12th September 2022), Yoda (12th September 2022)

6. Link to Post #4904
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

I see that Alexander Mercouris is stating this latest withdrawal in Donbas represents a moral defeat of Russia, he quotes Napoleon: In war the moral-to-physical emphasis is 3-to-1; the MOD deceived Ukraine and Russian people with this, I don't think one instance is going to decide the outcome, we know this from WWII when the allies were dreadfully defeated on many occasions, almost overcome in fact (Dunkirk anyone!) watch this space, a week is a very long time in war.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th September 2022 at 03:06. Reason: added the video

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (12th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Spiral (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022)

8. Link to Post #4905
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,651 times in 1,409 posts

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

9ideon (12th September 2022), Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (12th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022), XelNaga (12th September 2022)

10. Link to Post #4906
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,745 times in 997 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    I see that Alexander Mercouris is stating this latest withdrawal in Donbas represents a moral defeat of Russia, he quotes Napoleon: In war the moral-to-physical emphasis is 3-to-1; the MOD deceived Ukraine and Russian people with this, I don't think one instance is going to decide the outcome, we know this from WWII when the allies were dreadfully defeated on many occasions, almost overcome in fact (Dunkirk anyone!) watch this space, a week is a very long time in war.

The more I hear from Mercouris, the less I trust him. He is a cheerleader, even hypes his own admitted guesses. And his body language, the nonstop switching what side of his face he looks out of, the bobbing and looming, and the tweaker hand action, none of it is confidence inspiring. And I am NOT saying he is on ‘the wrong side’.

One of my best teachers in HS, chemistry, used to give us a period/class of philosophical talk at the end of courses. One thing I heard him say was “You have to get the right answer, for the RIGHT reason.”, which seems to be a corollary of “A bad argument FOR a position is a a good argument AGAINST it.”.

I know he is afforded status here. Does anybody want to counter my impression? I think, contrary to the saying, that we CAN ‘tell a book by it’s cover’. At least we shouldn’t disregard cues, when looking for truth in important and/or complex matters like war.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Charles Harris (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), Mike Gorman (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (12th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

12. Link to Post #4907
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,945 times in 1,729 posts

Gloves off!

UPDATED 10:15 PM EDT -- Russia Launches MASSIVE Missile Barrage - Hitting POWER PLANTS for first time

2:04 PM EDT Sunday, September 11, 2022 -- Within the past three hours, Russia has launched (and continues to launch) a massive barrage of cruise missiles against Ukraine. For the first time, they are hitting Electric Generating Stations. Blackouts are now reported in many areas of Ukraine.

Sources inside the war zone caught video of Russian naval vessels, surface and submarine, launching "Kalibr" cruise missiles in almost every direction!

Updates coming within minutes . . . check back

continue: many videos and maps, too much to post...

UPDATE 10:15 PM EDT --

Power outages have now spread to the neighboring countries of Moldova at the southwest of Ukraine and to . . . Poland at the northwest of Ukraine. Border crossing areas at the Poland Border appear to have no electricity.

In addition, INTERNET CONNECTIVITY has plummeted throughout Ukraine as shown on the chart below:

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...for-first-time
    Last edited by Vicus; 12th September 2022 at 11:45.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

14. Link to Post #4908
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,527 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)

The more I hear from Mercouris, the less I trust him. He is a cheerleader, even hypes his own admitted guesses. And his body language, the nonstop switching what side of his face he looks out of, the bobbing and looming, and the tweaker hand action, none of it is confidence inspiring. And I am NOT saying he is on ‘the wrong side’.

One of my best teachers in HS, chemistry, used to give us a period/class of philosophical talk at the end of courses. One thing I heard him say was “You have to get the right answer, for the RIGHT reason.”, which seems to be a corollary of “A bad argument FOR a position is a a good argument AGAINST it.”.

I know he is afforded status here. Does anybody want to counter my impression? I think, contrary to the saying, that we CAN ‘tell a book by it’s cover’. At least we shouldn’t disregard cues, when looking for truth in important and/or complex matters like war.
    The video is an excellent analysis, the best I've heard yet in a complex, foggy and rapidly developing situation. (If anyone doesn't like his hand gestures, then just listen to the audio. )

Here are his main points, very much paraphrased by myself:
    • The Russians had been planning to withdraw from Izyium probably for a good couple of weeks.
    • The Ukrainians knew this (with the help if US intel) and that's why they launched their 'offensive' there.
    • So the Ukrainains reacted to the Russians, not the other way round.
    • The Russian withdrawal was very smooth and well-executed, proof that it'd been very well-planned, probably with the military recommending it and the Kremlin politicians very reluctant (for obvious reasons).
    • The videos published by the Russian MoD themselves of reinforcements heading to the front line were themselves a deception.
    • But (Mercouris argues) this was still a betrayal in many ways. Of the civilians living there (though some will have been evacuated), and also of the Russian people.
    • He points out what seems to have at last been becoming clear, that most of the infantry on-the-ground fighting has been conducted by the Donbass militia, NOT by the Russian regular army. They're very capable, but not up to the high standard of the Russian (and Wagner) professionals.
    • The optics of all this are terrible: while this was all happening, most of the Russian forces were playing war games out in the far east, half a dozen time zones away. Why weren't they helping the situation, when help was needed?
    • Politically, this needs a fast and visible remedy. Taking out the Ukraine power grid was a band-aid on all this that restored public confidence, but more will be needed.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), kudzy (12th September 2022), Mike Gorman (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Vicus (12th September 2022), Yoda (12th September 2022)

16. Link to Post #4909
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/MoonofA/status/1569231607935950848

Russia Retaliates For Ukrainian Strikes On Russian Controlled Electricity Networks

A typical U.S. attack on a foreign country begins with a swarm of cruise missiles which will disable the countries basic infrastructure. The U.S. attack on Iraq and other countries demonstrated that electricity and water supply will be gone in first days of a U.S. waged war.

Over more than 200 days the Russian special military operation in Ukraine had never attacked the basic infrastructure of the country. When the Ukraine used its electrified railway network to bring in weapons from the 'west' the Russian forces only took out electric substations that supplied the railway. But it never attacked the general electricity production for the population. The lights in Ukraine staid on.

One thus wonders about the Ukrainian decision makers and their 'western' intelligence minders who thought that attacking electricity networks under Russian control would somehow benefit their cause.

The Ukrainian military has for weeks attacked the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, since early March under Russian control and guarded by Russian troops, with artillery strikes. Yesterday the last of the plant's six reactors had to shut down after its connection to external emergency power supply was destroyed during another Ukrainian artillery attack. (The line was later restored.)

It was not the only target of Ukrainian infrastructure attacks. As British intelligence asset Bellingcat mouthpiece Christo Gorzev tweeted gleefully:

Christo Grozev @christogrozev - 23:05 UTC · Sep 7, 2022
    Half of Belgorod is left without electricity after what appears to be a Ukrainian attack on its central electricity distribution station
    Embedded video

Belgorod is a city in Russia a few miles north of the border to Ukraine.

Yesterday's report by the Russian Defense Ministry about its war effort complained about systematic Ukrainian attacks on the electricity infrastructure of Donetsk city and other places:

In order to destabilize the situation in the territory liberated by the Russian Armed Forces and the suffering of civilians, the Kiev regime continues its deliberate shelling of energy infrastructure: generating facilities, transformer substations, and power lines.
    Since September 1 this year, the territory of the Zaporozhye NPP and the city of Energodar have been subjected to artillery fire from the Ukrainian Armed Forces 26 times, including the territory of the nuclear plant.

At the same time, as a result of aimed fire on the transformer substation on September 6 and the power line on September 8, the city of Energodar was twice remained without electricity.

In the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic, Ukrainian artillery repeatedly struck 22 important power supply facilities in order to de-energize populated areas, kindergartens, life support facilities for the population, and industrial enterprises.

On September 1, three mines of the Donetsk Coal Energy Company, where dozens of miners were trapped underground, were de-energized as a result of the strike.

Yesterday, September 10, 19 transformer substations in the Petrovsky district of Donetsk were de-energized due to shelling by the Ukrainian Armed Forces. More than 1,600 civilian objects were remained without electricity as a result of the shelling.

It's important to say that the daily strikes against civilian infrastructure are carried out by the Kiev regime in a deliberate and targeted manner.

By systematically attacking the power infrastructure in Russia and in Russian held territory the Ukrainian government has launched deliberate terror attacks against the populations in those areas.

It seemed to have forgotten the remarks of Russian President Vladimir Putin who had said:

[E]veryone should know that, by and large, we have not started anything in earnest yet.
    Yesterday evening Russian cruise missiles were launched from Russian ships in the Black and the Caspian Sea. They were targeted to interrupt, not yet destroy, four Ukrainian power plants and to temporarily disable the Ukrainian electricity network:

Russia attacked power stations and other infrastructure Sunday, causing widespread outages across Ukraine as Kyiv’s forces pressed a swift counteroffensive that has driven Moscow’s troops from swaths of territory it had occupied in the northeast.
    The bombardment ignited a massive fire at a power station on Kharkiv’s western outskirts and killed at least one person. President Volodymyr Zelenskyy denounced the “deliberate and cynical missile strikes” against civilian targets as acts of terrorism.

Ukraine’s second-largest city of Kharkiv appeared to be without power Sunday night. Cars drove through darkened streets, and the few pedestrians used flashlights or mobile phones to light their way.

The attacks also disrupted the Ukrainian military railway transports which currently move troops from the north and west towards the Vuhledar area in the southeast from where they plan to attack in the direction of Mariupol.

Weeks after he himself had ordered attacks on civilian power infrastructure in Russian held territory the Ukrainian President Zelenski cynically denounced the obvious retaliation by Russia as 'terrorism':

Володимир Зеленський @ZelenskyyUa - 18:52 UTC · Sep 11, 2022
    A total blackout in the Kharkiv & Donetsk regions, a partial one in the Zaporizhzhia, Dnipropetrovsk & Sumy regions. RF terrorists remain terrorists & attack critical infrastructure. No military facilities, the goal is to deprive people of light & heat.
    #RussiaIsATerroristState

The Russian attacks were a mere warning shot. It can take out ALL of Ukraine's power infrastructure at any time:

bigger
    Will the Ukrainian leadership pay heed to the warning?

Don't bet on that. As long as 'western' media cover for the Zelenski regime, by not reporting on its preceding efforts to disrupt power supplies in Russia and in Russian held territory, such attacks will naturally generate more false sympathy for the Ukrainian side.

Ukrainian media are already preparing the population for more attacks:

How to survive in a house without gas, water supply, electricity, cellular reception

How? By watching Youtube videos:

Nadiya Matveyeva’s Nadiyni Porady (Reliable advice) YouTube playlist offers simple but important rules that will help to maintain health, solve everyday issues, protect yourself and your family during the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. The TV presenter provides answers to questions that concern everyone: ...

Good luck with that when the networks are down.

Vladimir Zelinski is not a rational politician or decision maker. He is an actor who pretends to have a huge dick with which he can play a piano (vid). Everything that he and his producer team in Kiev do must be seen in that light. They are playing to the Ukrainian and 'western' public for personal profits. Each of their moves is calculated with that in mind. Telling the truth and the welfare of the local population are of no concern to them.

When they decided to attack power infrastructure in Russia and Russian held territory they had already calculated that the inevitable retaliation by Russia would help their primary cause and will shuffle many more millions of 'western' subsidies into their off-shore bank accounts.

Our media and politicians are cynically supporting them in this.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/stat...86619772993538
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

18. Link to Post #4910
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1569282597158526976

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1569279661472817152

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

20. Link to Post #4911
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/tassagency_en/st...94889124507648

https://tass.com/politics/1506281?ut...m_social_share

Putin received reports on regrouping of Russian armed forces in Kharkov Region — Kremlin

Dmitry Peskov assured that the president is in constant, one might even say round-the-clock communication with both the defense minister and all military commanders

MOSCOW, September 12. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin receives reports on everything that is everything going on during the special military operation, including on the regrouping of Russian troops, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Monday.

"Of course, everything that happens, anything that the military does during the special operation is reported to the commander-in-chief," the Kremlin spokesman said in reply to a question about Putin's reaction to the regrouping.

The spokesman assured that "the president is in constant, one might even say round-the-clock communication with both the defense minister and all military commanders." "Naturally, it cannot be otherwise during a special military operation," he added.

When asked whether the country's military leadership continues to enjoy the confidence of the head of state, Peskov stressed that "the special military operation continues and will continue until all the goals that were initially set are achieved."

The Kremlin spokesman did not comment on publications that the commander of the Western Military District had allegedly been fired. "This should be referred to the Defense Ministry," Peskov said.

The Russian Defense Ministry said on September 10 that Russian troops stationed in the Balakleya and Izyum areas had been regrouped to ramp up efforts in the Donetsk direction.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

avid (12th September 2022), Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Yoda (12th September 2022)

22. Link to Post #4912
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,527 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Ravenlocke (here)
    Putin received reports on regrouping of Russian armed forces in Kharkov Region — Kremlin
    Just a personal comment here. Mercouris and others speculated a couple of days ago that Putin and his team "had their eye off the ball" because they were way off in Vladivostok, 6400 km (4,000 miles) from Moscow.

But that has to be nonsense. It wouldn't have made any difference whether Putin was in Moscow, Vladivostok or on the Moon, if there was near-instant 24/7 phone, video conference, internet and/or military channel communication available at any moment. None of the Kremlin politicians or military strategists are on the front line, nor are they expected to be.

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), JackMcThorn (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), kudzy (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022), Yoda (12th September 2022)

24. Link to Post #4913
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,467 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Mercouris is not very easy on the ears. Someone pointed out in one of his broadcasts that he was disbarred in 2oo6 for presenting a false statement. I do not know if it is true, but it does come up on a google search. The moderators of that broadcast deleted the monetized comment immediately.

The one common denominator to these youtube/locals/rumble creators is they are getting most of their information from the main stream; then they are adding their own analysis. I find that I understand the news well enough to discern what these analysists come up with. So I find if I have a little time I will listen to some of these commentators, usually Alex Christoforou his partner in crime on the Duran as he is a little easier on the ears and quite knowledgeable. For some reason Alex doesn't speak much on the Duran; Alexander seems to command most of the time and analysis. Alex provides approximately 2 updates per day running about 3o minutes each. It really takes some time to observe these videos so I don't spend as much time on them any longer and if I do I try to skip to the parts I want to hear. There is a discernible pattern among these analysts that is easy to pick up on.

It's really a decision to read the mainstream and get the facts possible or listen to these analysts and I find both options time consuming.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Alecs (12th September 2022), avid (12th September 2022), Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (13th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022)

26. Link to Post #4914
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,792 times in 5,537 posts

No one here, least of all on the forum, celebrates the appalling suffering that has been meted out to the regular citizens of Ukraine by their own government and ultra-extremists. Any ire that there may be is aimed squarely at the regime.

A reminder here, lest anyone require it, reading in from wherever you are, and perhaps utmostly so if you've you've fallen into the trap of being a Ukrainian regime apologist or supporter:

Source: https://twitter.com/julia_kanin/stat...18264117059584

Full text:
    I want to make a short 🧵following Russia's retreat from the territories it had under its control for the past few weeks. I want you to read very carefully so you can understand the implications of these events and what it means for the civilian Ukrainians living there.

As AFU advances through the cities as a hot knife through butter, keep in mind who is coming right behind them: punitive detachments. The campaign to start weeding out those who were loyal to Russia started early on:

Ukrainian telegram channels asked to share information on “collaborates and traitors” so they could “face prosecution.” What does “prosecution” entail? It doesn’t mean what you think it means. It’s not being arrested to face a fair trial and having legal representation.

Forget about it, the judicial system in Ukraine is long dead. It’s the usual tools national battalions and SBU use: torture, intimidation, gruesome death.

You don’t believe me? Take a look. This is the head of administration in Ivanivka village in the Kharkiv region appointed by Russian Forces. Does this look like a routine legal process to you?

(see picture)

Just a few days ago one of Zelensky’s advisers, Oleksiy Arestovich, said the following: “They’re all next. A person who joins our enemy’s side has to understand that he signs a death sentence to himself...

...And if not the Ukrainian government, then guerillas won’t forgive and catch up with him.” He said it calmly, without any hint of indignancy. He approves it. The regime approves it.

Ukrainians already proudly reported that they captured the acting chief of police in Balakliya and accused him of collaborating with Russia. There are reports of several teachers (!) captured in Kupiansk and Balakliya.

And if you want to gloat over that and tell that these people deserve it for some reason, then you want to physically punish people for the wrongdoing of disagreeing with the regime. That is one of the fundamental reasons why we have this conflict in the first place.

This video caught my attention a couple of weeks ago. I am going to translate to you what this man said:
    “While I am alive and well, I just want to say: if I get to Kakhovka, I’m going to f#cking hang all my friends who I grew up with. I won’t even flinch. I’m going to hang some, and some I will just f#cking kill at the spot. It’s only if I get there alive.”
    Just think it over and understand what this war is all about. This man is openly saying WHAT he will do to the people he once knew. People who have the same passport, who share his culture, who speak the same language (he spoke Russian, btw).

Their only crime is they don’t agree with him and don’t want to sell their country to foreign entities. If this doesn’t make your blood run cold, I don’t know what can.

There are huge lines of cars at the Russian border near Kharkiv and Belgorod regions. People are trying to flee before the Ukrainian regime comes in to give a lesson on what can happen to those, who willingly got 🇷🇺 passports and greeted 🇷🇺 soldiers just a few weeks ago with open arms.

Don’t act surprised: these folks remember Bucha well and are not eager to participate in the second act. They are fleeing to safety because they DON'T feel safe with the regime controlling these places.

So, to all the armchair warriors and war analysts celebrating Ukraine's victory on the battlefield today: think about what it means for civilian people. What it means for the elderly who can’t leave, for women and children. And pray for them too.

For all the rest who can think clearly: I ask you to answer one simple question. Why are civilian Ukrainians fleeing in panic right now, not wanting to meet their Ukrainian liberators? Perhaps the answer might bring some clarity as to what is at stake here.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

27. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (12th September 2022), Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Brigantia (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Harmony (12th September 2022), JackMcThorn (12th September 2022), Jambo (12th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (13th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Ravenlocke (12th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Spiral (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Vicus (12th September 2022), Yoda (12th September 2022)

28. Link to Post #4915
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/ivan_8848/status...84559446937600

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

avid (12th September 2022), Ba-ba-Ra (12th September 2022), Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), JackMcThorn (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Spiral (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022)

30. Link to Post #4916
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,284 times in 21,093 posts

• dutch 🇳🇱 (+ Multi-Language Options). 🦜🦋🌳
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Spiral (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

32. Link to Post #4917
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,303 times in 1,173 posts

This is interesting, the invasion of Odessa by sea, it would spice everything right up again.

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), Kryztian (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Spiral (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

34. Link to Post #4918
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,443 times in 8,340 posts

I'm hearing that some ( if not all ) of those so called Ukrainian missiles that started the tactical Russian withdrawal were fired from outside Ukraine.

If that's true, everything changes from here on.

Has anyone else seen or heard that too?
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Ivanhoe (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Tintin (12th September 2022)

36. Link to Post #4919
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/15...sLW_VIS_J9aGjQ

https://www.rt.com/russia/562652-ukraine-us-intel-znpp/

US supplying intel for Kiev’s strikes on nuclear plant – Moscow

Washington has been supplying Kiev with crucial intelligence to designate targets for shelling around the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant, the head of Russia’s Security Council Nikolay Patrushev has claimed.

Speaking at a security meeting on Monday, Patrushev said there was a “serious threat” to radiation safety posed by Kiev’s shelling. He claimed that attacks near the plant are carried out using NATO-supplied weapons while Washington was supplying Ukraine’s forces with the targets.

The security official noted that the continued attacks on the ZNPP could lead to an unprecedented nuclear disaster.

“The consequences of these provocations could be very catastrophic not only for the majority of the population of Ukraine and Russia but also for Europe, and in terms of their scale they could surpass the tragedies that occurred at the nuclear power plants in Chernobyl and Fukushima,” Patrushev warned.

According to a Sunday report by Russia’s Defense Ministry, Kiev’s forces have carried out a total of 26 separate attacks on the nuclear power plant, as well as the nearby city of Energodar, since September 1. Ministry spokesperson Igor Konashenkov reported that the city and nearby areas have lost electricity as a result of the attacks.

On Sunday, the last working power unit at the ZNPP was switched off and the plant has stopped producing electricity. The decision to shut the station down was made due to continued shelling of the plant and subsequent damage to the power lines, local officials said.

Last power unit switched off at Zaporozhye nuclear plant
    Last power unit switched off at Zaporozhye nuclear plant
    According to Vladimir Rogov, a member of the pro-Russian Zaporozhye Region administration, the constantly changing mode in which the reactors and turbines were forced to operate because of the attacks created the risk of a nuclear accident.

The largest nuclear power plant in Europe, the ZNPP has been controlled by Russian forces since March, but continued to be operated by Ukrainian staff. The facility has sustained multiple missile and artillery strikes in recent weeks.

Moscow blames Ukrainian forces for the attacks. Kiev, however, has shrugged off the accusations and claims that Russia has turned the plant into a military base and that it is shelling the facility itself in order to paint the Ukrainian government in a bad light.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), whose inspectors visited the plant in early September, has demanded that all attacks on the plant “be stopped immediately,” but refrained from identifying the party responsible for them.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://www.rt.com/news/562647-senat...ine-offensive/

Senator confirms US helped Ukraine with counter-offensive

Active support by the US and its NATO allies – as well as intelligence sharing between Washington, London, and Kiev – have been instrumental in helping the Ukrainian troops make “great gains” during their counteroffensive in Kharkov Region, Senator Mark Warner told CNN on Sunday.

“This kind of collaboration shows the strength of our combined military intel,” Warner, who is the head of the US Senate’s Intelligence Committee said, adding that the American and British intelligence communities are “working with the Ukrainians.” The Senator did not provide any details about the nature of these “collaborations,” however.

Warner also hailed what he called “tremendous support from the US and our NATO allies” that “make sure” Kiev gets the military equipment the Ukrainian troops “need.” His words came amid a massive Ukrainian offensive with the use of weapons supplied by the US and other Western nations.

The attack that started in Kharkov Region on Thursday saw the Russian Defense Ministry announcing the withdrawal of its troops from several settlements in northeastern Ukraine, including the city of Izyum. Moscow maintained the step was taken to strengthen the Russian forces in the Donetsk region. Kiev celebrated the Russian withdrawal as a victory.

Ukraine and US increased intel-sharing prior to counteroffensive – NYT
    Ukraine and US increased intel-sharing prior to counteroffensive – NYT
    On Saturday, the New York Times reported that Kiev and Washington had intensified their intelligence-sharing, with Ukraine revealing its plans for a counteroffensive to the US in a bid to get more assistance. The report also said – citing an unnamed US official – that Washington and Kiev “constantly” discussed ways to hamper the Russian offensive.

Russia had previously repeatedly warned the US against providing weapons and intelligence to Kiev, arguing that such actions might lead the US into becoming a party to the conflict.

Russia sent troops into Ukraine on February 24, citing Kiev’s failure to implement the Minsk agreements, designed to give the regions of Donetsk and Lugansk special status within the Ukrainian state. The protocols, brokered by Germany and France, were first signed in 2014. Former Ukrainian president Pyotr Poroshenko has since admitted that Kiev’s main goal was to use the ceasefire to buy time and “create powerful armed forces.”

In February 2022, the Kremlin recognized the Donbass republics as independent states and demanded that Ukraine officially declare itself a neutral country that will never join any Western military bloc. Kiev insists the Russian offensive was completely unprovoked.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

https://tass.com/world/1506399?utm_s...m_social_share

IAEA’s Grossi begins consultation on ZNPP protection zone with Ukraine and Russia

Grossi believes that Ukraine and Russia must agree to a "very simple" principle - not to attack the station and not fire at it

VIENNA, September 12. /TASS/. IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi announced that he commenced consultation with Russia and Ukraine on establishment of nuclear and physical protection zone around the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant.

"You know that I proposed a meeting to the United Nations Security Council a few days ago, the urgent establishment of a nuclear safety zone and security protection zone around the plant and I have started consultations on this issue with both sides. Of course, Ukraine <...> and Russia, which is an indispensable part of the discussion since they are in control of the facility," Grossi said during a press conference Monday.

He added that an agreement between Russia and Ukraine would be necessary to establish such a zone, underscoring that issues of a large-scale demilitarization or relocation of troops lie outside of his mandate.

Grossi believes that Ukraine and Russia must agree to a "very simple" principle - not to attack the station and not fire at it. The implementation of this agreement could be monitored by IAEA agents at the power plant, he added.

The Zaporozhye NPP is under control of Russian forces. Recently, it has been constantly shelled by Ukrainian forces. In early September, a IAEA mission led by Grossi visited the plant. Later, the agency published a report calling for establishment of a protection zone around the plan in order to prevent potential nuclear accident. Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Andrey Rudenko said that Russia is examining the IAEA report on the ZNPP in detail, but it would take time to react to the proposals outlined there.

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), Gwin Ru (12th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (13th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), Kryztian (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Spiral (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022)

38. Link to Post #4920
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/AZmilitary1/stat...97463890690049

https://twitter.com/InsiderEng/statu...94814671790082

https://theins.ru/en/news/254970

Russian teachers detained by Ukrainian military in liberated territories. They face up to 12 years in prison

Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said that schoolteachers were detained in settlements liberated from the Russian army. They had arrived in the occupied territories to work in local schools according to Russian educational programs. Vereshchuk is quoted by Strana as saying they will be tried under Article 438 of the Ukrainian Criminal Code (violation of laws and customs of war). This article provides for punishment in the form of imprisonment for a term of eight to twelve years.

“They committed a crime against our state. We have repeatedly warned the Russian citizens who agreed to come to Ukraine and conduct activities prohibited by law. Of course, the measure of punishment for them will be determined by the court, but there is still a certain number of Russian citizens in our country who came to the temporarily occupied territories and whl will definitely be punished if they don’t leave our territory without delay”, Vereshchuk said.

She said the Russian teachers will not be considered as prisoners suitable for exchange.

“No one will consider them as prisoners of war because they are not combatants, the Geneva Conventions do not provide for the exchange of persons who are not prisoners of war,” Vereshchuk said.

In July, it was reported that teachers were being recruited in Russian regions, especially in those with low salaries, to teach Ukrainian children “correct” history and, according to Russian Education Minister Sergei Kravtsov, correct geography and social studies. Teachers were offered salaries of approximately 190,000 rubles ($3130).

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2022), kfm27917 (12th September 2022), pounamuknight (13th September 2022), Rizotto (13th September 2022), Snoweagle (12th September 2022), Tigger (13th September 2022), Vicus (13th September 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 716 FirstFirst 1 146 196 236 246 256 296 346 716 LastLast