+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'HALF LIFE 2' Game exposing the dystopian future for humans?

1. Link to Post #1
    Switzerland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default 'HALF LIFE 2' Game exposing the dystopian future for humans?

​WARNING - Long post, but interesting - something to think about

I am a huge fan of the game "Half life". But when you play it, it gives you somehow a very weird feeling, how the game developers/writers created the story of humanity in a post alien invasion scenario. Somehow, when playing the game, I notice that all that happens to humans is quite exactly what David is saying about how the elite would like to enslave us humans. More to this after the short story plots of the game for people, who do not know the story. For people who know the story, please continue further down.

For people who haven't played the game, here a short sum up of the story (very short versions - really just the gist of it) - SPOILER ALERT!!!:

First game:

Scientist Gordon Freeman works in a top secret underground research facility called Black Mesa. They are stuying teleportation (like CERN?) and Alien technology. An incident happens, as a portal to another universe is opened and hundreds of alien species pour into this universe, killing alot of scientists.

After trying to survive and get out of the now collapsed research facility, Gordon starts to find out, that a lot more has been going on than he knew of. The U.S. Government has known about "the other side" for some time and has captured Aliens in the past to do research for military purpose. Because of this incident, the military has now launched a black op cleanup, where marine soldiers kill all remaining surviving scientists in the facility. Gordon survives (of course). Bla bla bla yattayattayatta Gordon saves humanity from the Alien invasion.

But now the interesting part: After finishing the game, Gordon is being offered a job by the Man in the blue suit, called the G-man. He has watched gordon during the entire game (you can see him on multiple occasions in the distance). He looks human, but clearly is not. Game ends with Gordon deciding, whether to take the offer or decline.

Second game (here is where it really gets interesting)

Gordon wakes up several months or years later. Somehow he was in a state of sleep or coma or whatever. He wakes up on a train with other people. Everybody is dressed in blue slave like uniforms. You can talk with every character and they all say things like: "Dont drink the water! They put something inside to make you forget!", or "This is the third time I have been relocated. I will never get used to it". Even more sad things are said over speakers from a computer voice known as Overwatch. An AI that controls the population (for instance how many people are allowed to be in a building, etc). When you get out of the train you are being monitored by drones and lots and lots of police.

So what happened in HL2?

The opened portal from the first game has caused an invasion by an alien force that has enslaved humanity in less than a day. Humans gave up and became slaves. The bad guys (called "the combine") ensure that the humans are kept in a low vibrational state. They do it by sending out a frequency that deactivates humans to be able to procreate. They put stuff in the water. They let the people starve and only give them food, when they obey. They perform genocide and kill lots of people without saying why.

I will not say more to the story, because for those who have not played it, to not spoil too much. But if you have not played it yet - do it. It reveals a lot about the plan that is in place for us humans.

If you don't want to play the game, but want to know the whole story, here you go:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3nJWHNF6o0

Or watch the whole game story in Movie Version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRt_GiaY1O8

My two cents about the connection of HL2 and the real world:

- The frequency to enslave humans (make them sterile and conform) sounds a lot like the whole mRNA vaccination an 5G being put in place - you never know, if you need altered DNA, so that the 5G frequencies can actually take over your mind and connect it to AI without you even knowing it.

- The Police, who are themselves influenced and blackmailed to kill their own kind and torture and use fascistic measures to control the population is a too big red flag for me, seeing how this world is changing into that exact situation from HL2.

- The systematic breaking of the will of humans, so that they willingly become slaves. (Ex.: If you conform, you can see your children again. or: if you conform, you will get food -> or in the real world: If you conform, you can go back into pubs and venues)

Here is a video explaining how evil the "combine" are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Qdu7b6eGs

I have more comparisons and come to conclusion, that this game is almost prophetic, if we humans don't stand up for ourselves soon.

I am very interested in reading your comments to see what you think.
    Last edited by knuppsli; 6th April 2021 at 12:04.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to knuppsli For This Post:

Arcturian108 (13th August 2023), avid (6th April 2021), Bill Ryan (6th April 2021), Cognitive Dissident (11th April 2021), Craig (6th April 2021), cursichella1 (11th April 2021), DeDukshyn (6th April 2021), Journeyman (6th April 2021), O Donna (6th April 2021), ronny (6th April 2021), Samson (6th April 2021), selinam (6th April 2021), Snoweagle (6th April 2021), Sunny-side-up (7th April 2021), toppy (6th April 2021), Tyy1907 (6th April 2021), Valle (6th April 2021), Violet3 (7th April 2021), Zirconian (6th April 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Default Re: 'HALF LIFE 2' Game exposing the dystopian future for humans?

Nowadays I am not into games, not at all, but I was a player and in my time Resident Evil was the best we had available beside craps like zelda and others RPG, me and my buddies played it on PC (that time LAN Houses) and also on PlayStation from Sony, what I see today many of these new games are based/shaped around the Resident Evil idea, feels like it was the flood gate for everything in the market of games in this genre, which in my opinion is just another form of brainwashing the young generation, thanks God I didn't become an addicted to games, I have a cousin that plays quite often over 30 hours without stop (yeah he eat and drink in his armchair while playing, the toilet is a very quick pitstop), he claimed he is top 3 in one famous game out there, I do not know what game is that and I didn't ask, he is young (12) and his parents are going crazy with him specially now with lock downs.
    I have a kid and I police her about electronic use, she knows we got time for everything, as a parent if you lose this control, your kid will fly away (I know one day she will, but not now ).

Sorry for the old mindset (granpa haha).

Thanks for the videos, I like to know these stuffs because then I can be aware what my kid is playing or doing on internet, just another day she learned how to use a proxy, I never told her about it.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Journeyman (6th April 2021), O Donna (6th April 2021), Violet3 (7th April 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by knuppsli (here)
    I am very interested in reading your comments to see what you think.
    Very interesting post. Two games I absolutely loved playing, along with just about every other FPS gamer at the time. Here's a few thoughts I had reading your post...

Valve, the developer. They have a very esoteric logo with clear 'one eye' reference. The valve over the eye also suggestive of transhumanism, as are some of the creatures in the game.

Half Life 1 and 2 were massive hits and typically this would result in multiple sequels. Valve haven't done this, despite many frenzied requests from those eager for more. They offered a couple of dlc's and that's been pretty much it for a long time, as if they'd said all they had to say, for now...

I remember being very confused in Half Life 2 for much of the game. There was little explanation (or if there was I missed it) at first for what had happened. Certainly I couldn't put together a coherent timeline for what had happened to Gordon in between one and two.

There's a particular sense of dread evoked playing the game. It's not the only one like this, but it's extremely effective at it. I confess I'm no longer seeking out those kind of games, much as I enjoy them, because I've begun to wonder if there's not something at work in the vast video game / horror / fantasy / vr worlds that is not beneficial to us as humans. However this is another rabbit hole.

On a similar theme. Half Life 1, 2 and the also incredibly entertaining Portal were all bundled together in the Orange Box which was then regularly sold very cheaply. It was and is about the best value I've ever seen from a video game retailer. Almost as if they were giving it away... They wanted as many people as possible to play these games and they succeeded, I'll bet most gamers who have Steam have wound up with it in their collection.

Also think that associating Half Life 1 and 2 with Portal then brings in a further example of a malign, murderous AI. Other than all are written by Valve they wouldn't normally be associated, but the Orange Box does just that. Indeed bundling them may have upped the audiences for each by encouraging puzzle enthusiasts to try Half Life and FPS fans to tackle Portal...

The Orange box. Why was this the name for the collection? There's a long standing occult significance to this colour. Orange is apparently the new colour of death:

Quote Orange is the color of the sun in October and November, which is why orange is the color of Halloween. Orange is also used for warning signs and danger signs:

This is why we see that “Orange is the New Black.” In other words. It’s the new color of death. This is why prisoners wear orange just like the victims of Isis, you know the beheadings and decapitations? This is why we find these beheadings in September which means the separation of seven. This is the end of the year which has been decapitated. It’s the same decapitated head of the goddess Kali.

Orange is the new black because orange represents the warning just before death of the sun. The sun in its decline into darkness which we call night or winter time.

This is the Illuminati’s color code. This is why they call it an “Amber Alert.” Why with traffic lights yellow means slow down or you will die. This is where we get the words “Emergency” and “Ambulance.”
    To conclude, I think you are right and this is another one of those highly successful pieces of media that may owe some of its lasting cultural significance to a role beyond entertaining teenagers wanting a FPS shoot 'em up. It fits a lot of the criteria that we see, highly celebrated (in this instance I think justifiably so given the excellence of the finished product, but there are other great games that haven't received this level of adulation from the gaming media), influential, regularly cited etc. Perhaps this predictive programming at work?
    Last edited by Journeyman; 6th April 2021 at 15:39.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

knuppsli (7th April 2021), O Donna (6th April 2021), palehorse (6th April 2021), Violet3 (7th April 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Half life 2, in my mind, remains one of the best games ever made. It's ancient by today's gaming standard, but it did carry this eerie feel that I haven't seen reflected in any other game. The story writing was brilliant, well thought out, and consistent.

If I ever can justify buying a VR headset, my first VR game will be the third installment, Half Life: Alyx -- which requires a VR headset to play, and looks like it continues with the quality and atmosphere of the first two games. It has been touted as, by far, the best VR experience in existence.

The over-arching story, while fantastic, does have roots in a somewhat believable reality, as mentioned in the OP.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Violet3 (7th April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread