Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Staying Alcohol Free

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Default Re: Staying Alcohol Free

Quote Posted by Alan (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    (Or a dog if you prefer, or any animal you and form a connection with for that matter. I've even had pet parakeets that were great companions.
    But cats and dogs seem to be especially attuned to humans.)
    Onawah, thanks for your comments. I agree with your comment about dogs, we have 2 beautiful Labs who have been a tremendous source of love and joy in our lives.

Attachment 46638
    Oh Alan, your labs are beautiful. I lost my beloved lab last September, I thought he was very sad at the sudden decline of my dear, dear border collie. He always had arthritis. Due to CBD, fish oil, and home made food I really improved his health for over 3 years. It turns out my lab may have been mourning the death of his best buddie but he also had bone cancer. I had taken him to a vet which didn't catch it at all.

I am not ashamed to admit that I miss their companionship, there unconditional love, their happiness, their goofiness, their friendship more than any human I have ever known.

Please know that I have read a couple places that they are starting to use mRNA technology in their vaccines. You would need to validate that but I feel an obligation to share this. I am not stating it as a fact, but I read it at two different sources I respect and it would certainly be worth looking into.

Dogs were the best thing that ever happened to me. I love everything about every single one of them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Peace in Oz (18th March 2023), Sue (Ayt) (17th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

I virtually never get drunk but do have a couple of glasses of wine almost every day. I'm full of stress and anxiety and it helps me deal with that. If I had access to weed I would use that instead. I've tried meditation many times to deal with my stress but I just can't seem to get into it.

Any suggestions for dealing with stress/anxiety would be most welcome.
    Coming from someone that has had a history of overdoing alcohol in my younger years and would get very,very sick from even a couple of beers I stay away. Some times I could have one and sometimes, I didn't seem to have control. If you can have a couple glasses and relax, why not? Marijuana is legal where I live and I wish it worked on me, but it doesn't relax me, it makes me paranoid and anxious....just my luck. Others get a happy warm glow and I get the opposite.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Satori (17th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    I virtually never get drunk but do have a couple of glasses of wine almost every day. I'm full of stress and anxiety and it helps me deal with that. If I had access to weed I would use that instead. I've tried meditation many times to deal with my stress but I just can't seem to get into it.

Any suggestions for dealing with stress/anxiety would be most welcome.
    Coming from someone that has had a history of overdoing alcohol in my younger years and would get very,very sick from even a couple of beers I stay away. Some times I could have one and sometimes, I didn't seem to have control. If you can have a couple glasses and relax, why not? Marijuana is legal where I live and I wish it worked on me, but it doesn't relax me, it makes me paranoid and anxious....just my luck. Others get a happy warm glow and I get the opposite.
    Since I wrote that I discovered you -can- get legal weed in Texas, and yes, it does get you intoxicated. It has helped me cut down somewhat on my wine consumption.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4