+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Buy, What Do You Sell, Where Do You Shop?

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member TelosianEmbrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,491 times in 539 posts

Default What Do You Buy, What Do You Sell, Where Do You Shop?

Hi All! My wife and I own a Health Store in Victoria, Australia and I was considering what other items we could sell in the shop. My thoughts moved onto some very interesting/alternative items such as singing bowls, rawhide drums, free energy devices, water filters, super ionised water, sacred texts, prayer flags, sacred knowledge energy tools, statues of deities, yoga gear, mushroom extracts, black salve, 5g protection devices.. the list of what we could consider selling in our store is virtually endless.

I am sure many of you have some pretty significant items in your homes that mean a lot to you in any of a number of ways, whether it is for emotional wellbeing, health, inner strength and courage, or just something you love to wear such as bamboo yoga pants!

Here is your chance to share what you have, what it means to you and where you bought it. I may also add products to the list occasionally for conversation/discussion.

So, what have you got?

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

Agape (16th April 2021), Alecs (15th April 2021), Anka (15th April 2021), Bill Ryan (15th April 2021), Bluegreen (15th April 2021), Brigantia (15th April 2021), Constance (16th April 2021), DeDukshyn (15th April 2021), enigma3 (16th April 2021), ExomatrixTV (16th April 2021), gs_powered (15th April 2021), Harmony (15th April 2021), Icare (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Ioneo (15th April 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (15th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), pyrangello (15th April 2021), Rosco1 (15th April 2021), Stephanie (15th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (15th April 2021), toppy (15th April 2021), Tyy1907 (15th April 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,990 times in 2,110 posts

Default Re: What Do You Buy, What Do You Sell, Where Do You Shop?

Gonna think about this one, Hmmmm/

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th April 2021), Constance (16th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Stephanie (15th April 2021), toppy (15th April 2021), wondering (15th April 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by TelosianEmbrace (here)
    Hi All! My wife and I own a Health Store in Victoria, Australia and I was considering what other items we could sell in the shop. My thoughts moved onto some very interesting/alternative items such as singing bowls, rawhide drums, free energy devices, water filters, super ionised water, sacred texts, prayer flags, sacred knowledge energy tools, statues of deities, yoga gear, mushroom extracts, black salve, 5g protection devices.. the list of what we could consider selling in our store is virtually endless.

I am sure many of you have some pretty significant items in your homes that mean a lot to you in any of a number of ways, whether it is for emotional wellbeing, health, inner strength and courage, or just something you love to wear such as bamboo yoga pants!

Here is your chance to share what you have, what it means to you and where you bought it. I may also add products to the list occasionally for conversation/discussion.

So, what have you got?
    I have many rocks and books. I have collected rocks and minerals from all over the world but I have also purchased some that make me happy. I have books on almost every topic. Not on the computer, real, hold it in your hands, books! I have quite a collection of "found objects". Things I have picked up on my hikes. I have loads of photos! (And photo books....). Most of the things in my house are placed so that I can see them and remember where they came from. My rocks bring me emotional wellbeing.

I have been thinking of trying a singing bowl......
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (15th April 2021), Bill Ryan (15th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Rosco1 (15th April 2021), Stephanie (15th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), toppy (15th April 2021), wondering (15th April 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,833 times in 1,690 posts

So, what have you got?
    I have a collapsible metal walking stick with a compass in the handle. It's a visual reminder I should use it and go hiking. I was in the High Sierras years ago and used a retractable ski pole. You could sell items/books celebrating Aboriginal culture. In the states there are Indian tribes that sell hand-made jewelry.
    Last edited by Inversion; 15th April 2021 at 17:36.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (15th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (15th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (15th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), toppy (15th April 2021), wondering (15th April 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,419 times in 10,156 posts

Very few retail outlets sell orgonite. Its resin, crystals, and metal shavings. I know a person who used to make it in their back yard.

This author cautions against it, and instead suggests orgonium, which I've never heard of.
    https://www.orgoneenergy.org/blogs/n...rgone-pendants

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Icare (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Kryztian (17th April 2021), Stephanie (15th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), toppy (15th April 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Very few retail outlets sell orgonite. Its resin, crystals, and metal shavings. I know a person who used to make it in their back yard.

This author cautions against it, and instead suggests orgonium, which I've never heard of.
    https://www.orgoneenergy.org/blogs/n...rgone-pendants
    It sounds like the only difference is that orgonium has no crystals or shavings, and is just fiberglass resin cured with light shining it, which "cleans" it of energy? ... not sure I buy that. If one is making orgonite, the crystals themselves should be cleansed (salt, sunlight, love and intention) before construction anyway - best to make it yourself.

I do appreciate the description in the article of how orgonite works though ... the resin cures and puts mechanical pressure on the crystals. To elaborate (and add in some of my own fun facts), crystals produce electromagnetic energy when under pressure, the frequencies it produces will be dependent on the qualities of the crystals contained within. Aluminum and brass also produce electricity under pressure - I had to troubleshoot a large scale at work once, the entire mechanism was a piece of aluminum with two wires attached at each end - the weight bearing end and the mounted end - the electronics just read the amount of electricity produced - so simple.

On that note, "orgonite making kits" sound like something cool to sell at TE's store.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 15th April 2021 at 17:35.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Icare (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Kryztian (17th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (15th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), toppy (15th April 2021), wondering (15th April 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

Both Orgone and Crystals are worth experimenting with it looks like. With all the radiation from cell phones these days it would help. Karl Mollison asks about orgone in the following:

"Is orgon or orgonite truly an effective remedy to counteract the negative influences of all the electromagnetic frequencies in our lives today?"

"This is true, this material has such properties. It is a natural transducer of energy and energetic frequencies of this kind. It would be best to take full advantage of these properties by setting the intention consciously to request that these energies be transmuted in a way safe for human energy to be influenced or not, as the case may be. So they have a precise request and instruction from a human being to ensure that the alterations happen in the way most favorable for human wellbeing. This the substance can do, but may need some further fine-tuning and instructions to optimize this capability. This is true of all minerals and crystals. They can be recruited to assist humans in a kind of partnership and are quite willing to do so. They exist with a consciousness of their own, and so they have their own agenda. But this is not so different from human in that all consciousness seeks a growth in understanding and a kind of energy acquisition in the accumulation of knowledge and information, if only to be informed about one’s neighbor, perhaps to learn that an energy sensed is a neighboring plant and therefore a living thing and perhaps to enjoy tuning in to share in some small way its experience. This crystals do readily and have an unlimited reach in fact, and to engage with them gives you the opportunity to repurpose their focus for human betterment and human benefit. And this they are quite willing to do. So this is simply one example of such an outreach, there are many, many others as crystals can be used to increase safety, to provide protection, and to gather information and increase the clarity of intuitive communications. So this is up to human ingenuity to explore and to arrange."
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Anka (15th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (15th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (15th April 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,229 times in 912 posts

I have many crystals in my home...no huge ones, but many smaller ones of many kinds. Rose quartz is probably my favorite, and also jewelry made with quartz or minerals. I also have various angels: porcelain , ceramic, mineral, stained glass and wax. I have essential oils and many quilts which I have made over the years. I use smudge and also have various kinds of lights on timers. Especially in the winter I love to have lights come on automatically to remind me of Light prevailing over darkness. I love books, but I have thinned out my collection, sometimes regretting it, as I get older. I love my "stuff". I think my "stuff" is somewhat consistent with "stuff" customers might like to have available in stores focused on health and wellness. Beautiful and useful for a spiritual journey.
    Last edited by wondering; 16th April 2021 at 00:01. Reason: Adding info

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Anka (15th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

I have a collection of many, many cups of different sizes (I didn't count or photograph them, I just collected them for many years), but I stayed with these, from a former small import business, I just like them.

I also have, after finishing a small family business, some photoluminescent stones and photoluminescent jewelry, photoluminescent candles and even natural soap that glows in the dark that I keep

I like / make flowers from fabric, I have a few more that i keep.

And I have a small collection of friendly porcelain figurines (Mostly Christmas) and I plan to collect more over the years until old age and I plan in 10 years to build a big bright showcase with them and I will call it "My porcelain family " something like this...

I also have old things, crystals, orgone, but also a huge library of several hundred books (some very old that are no longer found).
    And all this to be just human.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Agape (16th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,108 times in 2,424 posts

CBD products. Derived from hemp, no more than 3% THC. It’s legal to sell in the USA. Not sure about your neck of the woods. My wife can’t keep it on the shelves in her little shop of sundries.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Icare (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    CBD products. Derived from hemp, no more than 3% THC. It’s legal to sell in the USA. Not sure about your neck of the woods. My wife can’t keep it on the shelves in her little shop of sundries.
    You can find out how to make your own on the internet if you can't find a manufacturer. Usually sells for US$50 or $60 an ounce in the US.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Icare (16th April 2021), Inversion (15th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,887 times in 830 posts

I have several books about herbal medicines, some that describe how to make your own, even from herbs you can go and collect yourself.
    Then I have a few self-help books that come in handy, includingy crystal healing books.
    And like many others, I have a small collection of healing stones like shungite, black obsidian crystal quarz etc.
    They mean a lot to me because they can be very helpful. Most of them I bought in India, but someover here as well. Just not from China.

What I'd really like to be able to buy is an "orgonite making kit" as suggested by DeDukshyn above.

Another useful thing for me would be if your shop offered various types of seeds you people can grow their own healthy food.

Other useful items are powerful little pocket lights, a small radio that runs without electricity, mobile solar power banks, candles and batteries, you know, little emergency items that might come in very handy in this day and age. They give me a sense of security and it wasn't easy to buy the radio (only found it online).

As nice as rawhide drums and deities may be, people are not going to buy a lot of those imo, unless your shop is in a tourist area.
    I remember once going into an English shop which was filled with absolutely beautiful items, only to go out without buying anything. I have found I don't need to clutter up my home any more.

Tarot cards and pendulums might sell.

And as it's a health food shop, I think it would be nice if you offered Bach flower remedies, especially Rescue Remedy which has been my go-to-remedy for about thirty years now.

Maybe also monoatomic gold and silver and liquid oxygen. And RFID blankets.
    Last edited by Icare; 16th April 2021 at 01:05.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,353 times in 432 posts

I make music! I record and play everything myself and I guess I would classify it as jazz/ ambient/ jam?

The links below let you listen to preview/ link to all sorts of places to stream/ listen

First real album - https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/senorblasto/bOFL
    Newest Album More Diverse and WEIRD - https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/blasto1/raw

I am also in the process of making a few affordable Pulsed Electro Magnetic Frequency (PEMF) devices since a few people on the board showed interest.
    I'll update with the process, plan on making the coils and the pulse generator with a little screen that allows you to scroll through the well known frequencies by name.

If anyone has any experience with selling this kind of health product please let me know as I am a bit worried about the legal implications of listing specific medical issues on its screen as I'm fairly sure it is frowned upon by the FDA to claim they work for most things.

PEMF is FDA approved for healing broken bones and depression.

I've read multiple studies that used blinded experiments to show that PEMF can lower blood pressure down to "normal" but miraculously it does not drop your blood pressure lower than "healthy"

This however is not yet FDA approved so I am wondering the legal implications of including a "blood pressure" setting where it would display that on the screen.

Thanks for letting me "advertise" I'm not much of a business man and the process seems kind of "wrong" deep in my bones although I can ignore that feeling enough to put food on the table.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,812 times in 2,588 posts

I would like to see a nice selection of loose herbal teas, tea infusers, and maybe even some pretty teapots.
    Essential oils are something I always use and replenish frequently.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

29. Link to Post #15
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

What about water filtration kits the kind that filter out fluoride and all the other nasties that go into the water. Botanitical oils or tinctures that you can't ordinarily buy. Anything that goes towards being sustainable, the possibilities are endless.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scorpio Girl For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

ffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 01:37.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (16th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)

So, what have you got?
    I have many rocks and books. I have collected rocks and minerals from all over the world but I have also purchased some that make me happy. I have books on almost every topic. Not on the computer, real, hold it in your hands, books! I have quite a collection of "found objects". Things I have picked up on my hikes. I have loads of photos! (And photo books....). Most of the things in my house are placed so that I can see them and remember where they came from. My rocks bring me emotional wellbeing.

I have been thinking of trying a singing bowl......
    Hi Karen. I love the idea that you have placed your things so that you can see them, what a lovely, comfortable feeling that gives! There's nothing quite like having a real book to cuddle up with on a cold, windy night! I picked one up from a caraven park a couple of weeks ago, which told the story of kayakers attempting a first descent of the Tsangpo River. It also described some of the Tibetan Buddhist understandings of the river, and even hinted at the possibility of finding Shangri La somewhere in the river's deep canyons.

We have many crystals. We just did a crystal shop with our wholesaler and had tremendous fun picking out some very special pieces. The one that resonated most with me was a beautiful lion carved out of malachite. Photos for me are a form of time travel!

We do have singing bowls for sale, though we can get very connected to them. I had a bit of a tear in my eye when we sold our last one! I use some for my energy healings, as well.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

Constance (16th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,361 times in 4,613 posts

I can but think of packing some fresh Himalayan air, high on oxygen and scents to those empty water bottles and shipping them to Europe.
    Whoever would open them and breathed that air they would remember something

Then of course, we would not have to deal with the plastic bottles. For 20 cents.

Just teasing. Ironically, there’s a shortage of oxygen all over India because of Covid.

2 years ago, travelling through Europe and long winter colds my breathing apparatus was overwhelmed. I was gasping for air in proximity of cars ( and humans).
    So then I’ve climbed up and up to feel better and slept at open window as I did earlier in my life. I like to sleep under open skies or at least, big windows.

It costed me some more colds but I’m still oxygen dependant creature.

Bit of humour always helps

🍵

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Harmony (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021), wondering (16th April 2021)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Inversion (here)

So, what have you got?
    I have a collapsible metal walking stick with a compass in the handle. It's a visual reminder I should use it and go hiking. I was in the High Sierras years ago and used a retractable ski pole. You could sell items/books celebrating Aboriginal culture. In the states there are Indian tribes that sell hand-made jewelry.
    The collapsible metal walking stick sounds very adventury!

We have had some indigenous products in our store. We have had some products from the Kakadu Plum Company, www.kakaduplumco.com A little about them...

Quote Kakadu Plum Co. is a social enterprise that celebrates Indigenous culture and traditional Australian bush foods.

Kakadu Plum Co exists as a vessel to celebrate Indigenous culture everyday through food, broadening the exposure of traditional Australian bush foods and ingredients.

We are not an Aboriginal owned business. We work directly with Traditional Owners and Indigenous Australians who wild harvest many of our foods, including Kakadu Plum and our bush tea range. The communities and individuals we work with set the price for the foods grown on their land and we pay them directly. We believe that the more we can foster and help engage Indigenous Australians forage and engage in traditional practice and help them grow their bush food business on country, the more impact we make.

Our products provide a valuable way for the broader Australian (and the world) community to connect with 'the oldest foods on earth' and our traditional Indigenous produce.

"I started Kakadu Plum Co. because I saw too many Australians opting for international superfoods for their health. I connected with country and community and knew I had to share this incredible fruit - the Kakadu Plum. I was driven about sharing this incredible product and story and highlighting the amazing foods that have been growing on this land for thousands of years. To be connected to Traditional Owners and communities is an incredible honour."

- Tahlia Mandie, Founder and Director
    I find it really cool that Australian superfoods are finally being recognised, and in a way that supports the indigenous people.

We also asked Peta, a multiclan woman, to come down and we purchased her stock for our store. Peta has expanded upon her range, which can be seen at www.wunyun.com.au

Quote Peta, the founder of Wunyun, is a multiclan woman who is proud of her traditional roots. Peta is an impressive Mother & Grandmother, who is on a mission to revive ancient traditional medicinal & healing practices passed down to her. She is a descendant of Dja Dja Wurrung, Taungurung & Yorta Yorta, and has Indian heritage on her great grandfather’s side. Peta has spent many years learning about her ancient cultures & has been able to use it to impact the lives of many positively.
    I would be interested in holding some Native American Indian handmade jewellery, if there are any reputable, ethical sources.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

Constance (16th April 2021), Harmony (16th April 2021), Inversion (16th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Peace in Oz (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    It sounds like the only difference is that orgonium has no crystals or shavings, and is just fiberglass resin cured with light shining it, which "cleans" it of energy?
    So... basically it's just UV cured resin. Which is what they put on fingernails for those fancy gel nails. Yes, it is cured with light shining through it. It seems to me they just discovered a more mystical means of describing the process of curing one type of resin. I can cure resin by shining UV light through it with my nail curing lamp too. I don't trust the writer's integrity; their end goal is clearly selling their cast resin products.

What do I make: I am an artist! Contact me if you wish to commission custom art to put on products that you would sell. I've made a bunch of mandalas that could be put into a coloring book, for example. My living by and large is just drawing things, often maps, but anything really, book layouts, digital paintings.

What I've bought from stores of the sort you describe: jewellery, crystals, incense, singing bowl, hemp hoodies, swooshy Thai pants, beads, crafting supplies, notebooks with nice covers, tea, essential oil, herbal supplements, kombucha, fermented foods, gluten free and vegan foods, salts (with like appropriate herbs), fancy body care products, herbal products... I think the point I'm trying to make with this is, most of what I've bought are often small and items that get used up over time. The most expensive item I've ever bought was the hemp hoodies, probably, maybe the singing bowl though it was a little one. Sell something great, like the right essential oil blend to relieve pain, and get people coming back. Super ionized water's a good idea, you could sell it by the 5 gallon or sell the full kit to install it for a higher price. Always good to have a multi tiered pricing system: for the water you have bottled, large drinking dispenser sized, and installation at home for those high end clients.

For example, today, I went into a health food store and I bought the following:
    Beet juice, carrot juice, pineapple juice, sparkling water, a fermented "gut shot", tea, hemp oil, and sugar free candies. A couple of these were impulse purchases (I went for the beverages). The recurring reason that keeps me coming is beet juice. Everything else is incidental. I could technically juice my own beets, or just eat them, I guess. Awful mess though.

Hopefully that gives you some intel on what motivated my shopping trip in a health food store.

Of course that's not how my business works. I sell higher priced goods to different customers less often instead of low priced items repeatedly to the same customers. I feel like there isn't much of a happy middle: either you sell lower priced items that people need more often, or very high priced items that people need much less often but will appeal to a select niche audience that you've identified and know how to target.

So, for everything you've thought up, before you jump on it, work out who your ideal customer is, figure out if your area supports the demographics for your potential customerbase, and if not, how else can you sell these items? Online? If so, then yes, great, branch out. If no other way besides your retail location is going to be suited for the size of an item, how can you manage stock? Will you simply sell one of a kind pieces? Some of the items on your list sound lovely but I doubt they'll move fast unless you have the perfect location or a second prong to your approach other than the storefront.

Something needs to be your bread and butter, the item that keeps people coming back. For me, it's a mid-priced map that fits on a printer paper sheet. It's still not cheap, given it's bespoke art, but I found the sweet spot that makes it easy to sell. For you, maybe it's tea, incense, CBD oil, cold press juice, ionized water, orgonite casting kits... best to be consumable, to get repeat traffic in your location.

Before you add a new item to your inventory determine how it fits with your entire business trajectory, the people who come to your store, the prices of items they typically buy. Don't let your cart get filled up with horses you can't sell because your local market can't support it. Deity statues definitely fall into that category where I suspect they won't move fast; better to just have a few very high end ones that will sell to the right buyer than a lot of kitsch that gathers dust.

Good luck with your business. Let me know if you ever need any help with visuals.
    May the Force be with you.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ti For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (16th April 2021), Stephanie (16th April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th April 2021), TelosianEmbrace (16th April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast