+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has anyone here tried the carnivore diet?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

Default Re: Has anyone here tried the carnivore diet?

Quote Posted by marielle (here)
    From 2009-2010 I was a strict vegan and my health deteriorated significantly. In addition to other ailments, I developed eczema, which is a strong signal that your body isn't getting what it needs. In any case, I eventually started eating meat again and all my issues, including the eczema, cleared up.

In 2017 I switched to a keto diet and then in 2018 I took it even further to something called Zero Carb, which is only animal products, such as meat, eggs, and dairy.

I've been doing fine ever since. But, when I was a vegan, I wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to tell me I needed meat. I thought I was reading all the right books and following all the right advice. I was so sure of myself back then.

I recently gave a bunch of books away to charity, including all my vegan books. I almost decided to throw them away rather than give someone else the chance to hurt themselves. But I did give them to charity in the end, because, you know, free will Everyone needs to follow their own path and learn their own lessons.

I had to make peace with the fact that the Creator had me incarnate into the body of a carnivore.

As odd as this is going to sound (and I was a very long term vegan/raw vegan/whole food plant based/ macrobiotic etc I did it all) my psychic ability/intuition/gut instinct went from great to off the charts on carni (I am keto high carni now), I processed a whole bunch of past trauma because I felt the courage to do so, I believe my gut was healed and it changed my brain/rewired me completely.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Alan (24th April 2021), leavesoftrees (24th April 2021), palehorse (24th April 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Thanks very much for the informative post CurEus! That was an interesting read.

Got a question for you and Elainie: Could you guys give a brief example of a what a daily diet may look like, breakfast, lunch and dinner? I'll take your advice and look up a forum for more details but for the time being I'm curious how you two pull this off. It seems so alien and a bit daunting to get started. Fortunately I have access to fresh high quality fish.

I have epilepsy and I've heard high fat diets help alleviate the symptoms. I talked to a nurse practitioner about this and she was 50/50 on the diet due to the high fat. That being said, she sucked and I'm in the process of going to a new neurologist. Oh and regarding my testing, journaling and all that, I called a doc today and set an appointment for a physical next month. This is probably the first time in my life I'm excited to see a doctor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Post:

palehorse (24th April 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Thanks very much for the informative post CurEus! That was an interesting read.

Got a question for you and Elainie: Could you guys give a brief example of a what a daily diet may look like, breakfast, lunch and dinner? I'll take your advice and look up a forum for more details but for the time being I'm curious how you two pull this off. It seems so alien and a bit daunting to get started. Fortunately I have access to fresh high quality fish.

I have epilepsy and I've heard high fat diets help alleviate the symptoms. I talked to a nurse practitioner about this and she was 50/50 on the diet due to the high fat. That being said, she sucked and I'm in the process of going to a new neurologist. Oh and regarding my testing, journaling and all that, I called a doc today and set an appointment for a physical next month. This is probably the first time in my life I'm excited to see a doctor.
    I am now keto/carni but I only ever ate once per day, dinner might be a ribeye steak.......but now with some low carb veggie. I do prefer fish/seafood so it might be a fish/seafood stew (fish stock and butter/cream base) or fish with an egg yolk/lemon butter sauce. Sauces for meat fish might be butter/Red Boat fish sauce, homemade Bernaise, Hollandaise etc etc

Two of my daughters have epilepsy , managed with diet (IF/keto) and CBD.
    Last edited by Elainie; 24th April 2021 at 01:19.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

palehorse (24th April 2021), Strat (24th April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2