+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank you keyboard for being a butthead....

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Free Thinker's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Thank you keyboard for being a butthead....

Now, the above subject title is no doubt gonna need some explanation there....

So, I was wanting to get on my computer earlier to check out this site, read/respond to posts, watch videos, etc., and.... whaddya know, my computer keyboard refused to play nice with me and wouldn't let me type in my password to get into my normal Windows mode... *cue anger rising here on my end*

Anyway, once I was able to calm my anger down and get my head back on straight again, a common enough occurrence around here it seems like, I was able to tell myself the following, and see the hidden blessing in that I wasn't able to use my computer just yet, which enabled/allowed me to do other things that did not require a computer, such as reading and meditating on some spiritual books/topics of mine that I am doing my best (ish) to keep a regular practice on in the current day and age. Practice better time management and whatnot... Such allowed me to not only cool my jets and get my head on straight again, as well as allowed me some deep spiritual/universal insights that I had the opportunity and privilege to reflect on during my 'no computer time' moments, instead of yelling at the keyboard, going 'WTF is wrong with you?!" that I have been very much prone to doing in the past. Which would have only led to an energy drain and me feeling like crap afterwards.

Instead I was able to achieve new heights of bliss, philosophical musings and spiritual contentment (inspirational, beautiful music helped there too), further enabling me to heal, grow and evolve as a person and spiritual, divine being of the Universe. All because my keyboard refused to work, and I didn't know why that was at the time.

So while I had gotten mad at said keyboard for a short period of time, I was able to move past that before it got too "out of control" and without me flipping on the volcanic switch of critical damage in order for me "to solve the problem" (which never works for obvious reasons).

And if my keyboard had not been a purposeful PITA (no bread involved) I would not have had the opportunity to learn that critical lesson in anger management, because I did my best to look deeper than the annoying surface situation that was first presented to me. And I rec'd loads of universal blessings b/c I strove not to let 'my anger take me for a ride'.

So, I have to thank my keyboard for that lesson, even though it ultimately had far more to do with how I chose to handle the situation. The keyboard was just the catalyst here. I did the rest.

And by the way, I got my keyboard issues resolved, so no worries there.

Funny where important life lessons can come from, y'know? They can literally come from anywhere.
    Last edited by Free Thinker; 22nd April 2021 at 13:57.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Free Thinker For This Post:

Harmony (22nd April 2021), haroldsails (23rd April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (22nd April 2021), Leo13 (23rd April 2021), Mercedes (22nd April 2021), Patient (22nd April 2021), selinam (22nd April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd April 2021), sunflower (23rd April 2021), Tyy1907 (22nd April 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,946 times in 464 posts

Default Re: Thank you keyboard for being a butthead....

True, and I think it has to do with just listening or paying attention to your self moment by moment. We are always busy making , doing, having, saying that we forget to quiet down and just be in the moment we are living and enjoying or appreciating what we are living in that instant. Life gives us also funny moments, and that is so good too.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Free Thinker (22nd April 2021), Harmony (22nd April 2021), selinam (22nd April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd April 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

I dedicate a certain amount of time daily to turning off everything! The computer, radio, television (I don't really watch it but I do own one). Everything goes off. I go outside and hug trees, talk to my animals, work in my garden....but disconnected from the digital world. It is important to do that I think. It might help with anger issues too! Outside there is very little to get angry at! Of course this would not work in the city but perhaps you could adapt it to city life. I found that leaving Houston was the best thing to control anger! The freeways upset me, the smell upset me. Houston just has not got a good vibration about it!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

earthdreamer (23rd April 2021), Free Thinker (22nd April 2021), Harmony (22nd April 2021), Mercedes (23rd April 2021), Sue (Ayt) (22nd April 2021), wondering (22nd April 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Free Thinker's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I definitely would find benefit in being less dependent on the "digital world" and more in tune with the natural world. Something else to work on, of course. One step and one day at a time though.

Thanks for your comments, you two.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Free Thinker For This Post:

Harmony (22nd April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (22nd April 2021), Mercedes (23rd April 2021), wondering (22nd April 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,886 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by Free Thinker (here)
    I definitely would find benefit in being less dependent on the "digital world" and more in tune with the natural world. Something else to work on, of course. One step and one day at a time though.

Thanks for your comments, you two.
    Start small and work into it! You will love the results!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Free Thinker (22nd April 2021), Harmony (22nd April 2021), Mercedes (23rd April 2021), wondering (22nd April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread