English
    Thanks

Default Re: 432 Hz

Quote Posted by Jaye B. (here)
    Quote Posted by Josh88 (here)
    Quote Posted by Jaye B. (here)
    Quote Posted by Josh88 (here)
    Logic ProX on my macbook
    That looks like what I need to transition to from Garageband. Does it convert tracks to 432hz?
    What interface are you using? I wouldn't necessarily switch to logic if you don't need the added bells and whistles. It's really a resource hog. I had to get it because you cant bounce Stems to a file in Gband and send them to a producer, or engineer for editing and mixing. But if you do it all yourself, and aren't trying to make a streaming income Garageband does most anything you need to write or record without locking up, or crashing in the middle of tracking.
    I'm doing GB on iPad. I'm in the same MK PTSD boat. I pounded an iPad mini to death out in the desert and have done 66 songs with lyrics memorized and over 150 instrumental compositions on the thing before it died. Now have iPad pro.
    I lost a bunch on a Boss Br1180 That quit on me a decade ago. That always really hurts. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-gpu-256gb-ssd Check this out

2. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    As a piano turner, I always used an A=440 turning fork to get my A and tune the piano from that note out through the tempered scale. But it is my understanding that if ones tonal center or key is A and the root note A =440 vib per second, then as you went up the chromatic scale, a sharp, b and so on, you would be changing the pitch and crossing the 440 center anyhow.

thoughts?

Music notes, and their accompanying flats and sharps land on very specific frequencies.

A 440
    B 493.88
    C 523.25

So there's an awful lot of frequencies that never get used at all - each note is very specific and there's a long distance of tonal range between the notes, and even flats and sharps.

Changing the base tuning, allows a different set of frequencies to be used.

A 432
    B 484.90
    C 513.74

Etc. No overlapping frequencies. All unique.

The "conspiracy theory" behind the A440 says that this tuning was chosen purposefully to avoid specific frequencies or use some specific ones. It wasn't always 440hz either, I believe - I think somewhere along the line the governing body (yes there is a governing body over musical tuning ) changed it to A440 from something else. The idea then that using alternate tunings, one can avoid or incorporate other frequencies that may be harmful / beneficial (respectively) to the human body and mind.

I hope I understood your question right.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 4th May 2021 at 18:55.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Hym (5th May 2021), Josh88 (4th May 2021)

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Josh88's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

432hz changes the Binaural beats between notes. Most noticeable on guitar because a guitar is not a perfect instrument. It's a compromise between the 2 or 3 instruments that preceded it. Microtonal guitars are the only ones that play in perfect tune. 432hz is a more pleasing vibration in the Schumann Wave Torus we are in.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

440hz Causes a vibration that stimulate neural pathways associated with rage, and aggression.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josh88 For This Post:

Hym (5th May 2021), Jaye B. (17th May 2021)

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Josh88's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

174 | 12=3 Think Tesla and the power of 3, 6 , 9 . To balance the tonality we need to resolve to 9. 432=9
    825 | 15=6 3 is positive, 6 is negative, and 9 is ground, or control, or the Tonic.
    ------

124875, is toroidal mathematics, which if understood can help with a lot of things, because it's the key if that makes sense.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josh88 For This Post:

Hym (5th May 2021), Jaye B. (17th May 2021)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,952 times in 409 posts

One of the quite simple ways to change music pieces from 440 to 432 is with a free music app, called “Audacity”. There is free download at the link https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/ . - for Mac version. Other systems are available as well. After installing it, you still have to download ant install ffmpeg file (link provided), to be able to import mp3 files for processing.

Once you import a song, select it by using “select all”, then go to Effect menu, chose “Change Pitch”, choose from A to A, change “Semitones (half-steps” to -0.32, or in the lower window from 440 to 432. Click OK, then Export it as mp3. Done

For more help, there is a free manual available, and a few videos on YouTube as tutorial. Just search for 'Audacity'.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bojancan For This Post:

DNA (22nd November 2023), Hym (5th May 2021), Jaye B. (17th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2