+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 5 15 38 LastLast

Thread: Biden voters and supporters. How is it going?

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Biden voters and supporters. How is it going?

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Laughable and uninformed. (To say the least.) I'll say no more!
    With respect Bill.

After basically branding this person the village idiot for their views by referring to them as "Laughable and uninformed. (To say the least.)", they really do deserve you say just a bit more with at least a hint of a reason for why that is.

It's not much of a debate gotcha moment just informing the audience your opponent is dead wrong in everything they say, and then taking a bow.
    No, it really was uninformed. I'll leave others to pick it all up point by point (and there were many points) — if they have the time and energy.

I don't enjoy political debate. It's almost always unproductive. Very very rarely will anyone ever say: "Hey, thanks for explaining that, I see now that I was mistaken."

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Blacklight43 (1st May 2021), BushPilot (2nd May 2021), Creedence (2nd May 2021), Ewan (2nd May 2021), Gracy (1st May 2021), greybeard (1st May 2021), Hym (2nd May 2021), iota (11th May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), RunningDeer (1st May 2021), Sadieblue (1st May 2021), T Smith (2nd May 2021), uzn (1st May 2021), Yoda (1st May 2021)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

With respect Bill.

After basically branding this person the village idiot for their views by referring to them as "Laughable and uninformed. (To say the least.)", they really do deserve you say just a bit more with at least a hint of a reason for why that is.

It's not much of a debate gotcha moment just informing the audience your opponent is dead wrong in everything they say, and then taking a bow.
    No, it really was uninformed. I'll leave others to pick it all up point by point (and there were many points) — if they have the time and energy.

I don't enjoy political debate. It's almost always unproductive. Very very rarely will anyone ever say: "Hey, thanks for explaining that, I see now that I was mistaken."
    Best then just to club the other person over the head with a sudden barrage of insults before a topic friendly audience, and call it a wrap.

That's the example you wish to set Bill? Because that is the example you're setting here, it's perfectly okay to do this and not back it up with the slightest of anything.

4. Link to Post #83
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,501 times in 4,311 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I want him to succeed and I pray for the man.
    As someone once said, wanting the President to fail is like wanting the pilot to crash the plane we're all on. Which is why I simply could not understand all the hatred and vitriol and blah blah directed at the last guy. Anyway we won't go there.

How ever Biden got there, he got there. He's President now. For the betterment of the whole world, I continue to wish him and his team well.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (1st May 2021), ClearWater (1st May 2021), Ewan (2nd May 2021), Kalamos (2nd May 2021), Mark (2nd May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), RunningDeer (1st May 2021), Tam (5th May 2021)

6. Link to Post #84
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    As someone once said, wanting the President to fail is like wanting the pilot to crash the plane we're all on. Which is why I simply could not understand all the hatred and vitriol and blah blah directed at the last guy. Anyway we won't go there.

How ever Biden got there, he got there. He's President now. For the betterment of the whole world, I continue to wish him and his team well.
    What if the pilot got his license by cheating and lying and what if he is on a mission to crash the plane or to at the very least hijack it and have it land in some hostile territory?

For the betterment of the United States of America and of the world, including those parts of the world where the key principles found in the U.S. constitution are scorned or repressed, I personally wish for Biden and for the anti-American members of his team to fail.

I wish the same for the Trudeau government, in Canada, that is currently doing all it can to enable and enforce the so-called "Great Reset", as envisioned by the technocrats that are in the "New World Order" camp.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

BushPilot (2nd May 2021), ClearWater (1st May 2021), East Sun (1st May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), Pam (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), T Smith (2nd May 2021)

8. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

With respect Bill.

Best then just to club the other person over the head with a sudden barrage of insults before a topic friendly audience, and call it a wrap.

That's the example you wish to set Bill? Because that is the example you're setting here, it's perfectly okay to do this and not back it up with the slightest of anything.
    ~~~

If you want a toe-to-toe mods slugout on a public thread, you got it. Today is the wrong day to push me. Read the mods Discord chat.

I doubt you read all of what Spindoctor wrote. Below are just a few extracts.

Here's a critique, as Socrates might have asked the questions.
    • Trump/GOP staged an insurrection — Did he?
    • despite a national certified & audited vote — Was it?
    • Biden is definitely not a stage managed puppet — Are you sure?
    • and has far more mental acuity than we've seen in the WH in recent years. — He has??
    • Biden was articulate, intelligent — Was he?
    • Biden is seen as… a genuine leader with compassion — Is he?
    • addressing climate change? — You mean the coming global solar minimum?
    • Your new president comes across as highly inteligent capable and determined — He does? ('intelligent' is spelled with two ‘L’s. btw.)
    • a warrior when he needs to be — You mean attacking Syria?
    • If anyone can bring Merica back from the brink I think he will give and do everything to succeed. — Are you quite sure he wasn’t installed to bring America down?

9. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ami (2nd May 2021), Andre (2nd May 2021), atman (1st May 2021), Blacklight43 (1st May 2021), Brodie75 (10th July 2021), BushPilot (2nd May 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (1st May 2021), ClearWater (1st May 2021), Creedence (2nd May 2021), Ewan (2nd May 2021), Gwin Ru (1st May 2021), happyuk (1st May 2021), Hym (1st May 2021), lisalu (1st May 2021), LJY (1st May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), Open Minded Dude (1st May 2021), Pam (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), pyrangello (1st May 2021), RunningDeer (1st May 2021), Sadieblue (1st May 2021), sunwings (3rd May 2021), T Smith (2nd May 2021), uzn (1st May 2021), Yoda (1st May 2021)

10. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

more than half the population voted for him
    But Mike, they didn't.

11. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (1st May 2021), Ami (2nd May 2021), atman (2nd May 2021), Blacklight43 (1st May 2021), Brodie75 (10th July 2021), BushPilot (2nd May 2021), gord (1st May 2021), Hym (1st May 2021), lisalu (1st May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), pabranno (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), pyrangello (1st May 2021), RunningDeer (1st May 2021), Sadieblue (1st May 2021), T Smith (2nd May 2021), uzn (1st May 2021), Yoda (1st May 2021)

12. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

more than half the population voted for him
    But Mike, they didn't.

Yep, you know I'm in agreement with you there!

For the sake of argument I was using the "official" numbers. I guess I didn't really have to though.

In almost all American presidential elections the popular vote is sorta close to 50/50. Roughly. That's been pretty consistent across time. But even if we assume Biden got 40% or less, I think my point still stands. A large number of people did vote Biden, and if we give up trying to talk to each other then the only thing left to do is fight each other. That's what I was trying to say.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alan (1st May 2021), atman (2nd May 2021), Hym (1st May 2021), LJY (1st May 2021), Mark (2nd May 2021), pabranno (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), T Smith (2nd May 2021), Tam (5th May 2021), uzn (1st May 2021)

14. Link to Post #88
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,718 times in 2,088 posts

Had a customer in here yesterday , he went to the so called insurrection at the capitol, showed me footage on his phone of all the people there to see trumps speech, he figured it was over a million were there. I asked him did he go over to the capitol and he said yes, asked him how many antifa were there to cause trouble, he told me he has film footage on his phone showing these guys changing there clothes from trump supporters to antifa right in front of him. And that this chaos started 20 minutes before trumps speech was over with. It was a very interesting conversation , .

As for Biden I watched a documentary on him from baby to where he is now, really wanted to know about his accomplishments in life, 47 years in office, I honestly can say he didn't do crap over 47 years. Or maybe he did in the capitol building once and a while. I really wanted to see what he did, nothing , notta , one other thing , Joe use to ride the train back to delaware from DC, had another customer who was telling me the reason he got knick named 6 pack joe, was he always got trashed on the train going home and more , you can guess. Even in that one book about the secret service the female agents despised doing security at the Biden home, it was detailed he would walk out to his pool buck naked right in front of them in the middle of the night. We all have vises and throwing rocks isn't a common practice of mine but, C'mon man!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

atman (2nd May 2021), Hym (1st May 2021), lisalu (1st May 2021), LJY (1st May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), onawah (3rd May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), RunningDeer (2nd May 2021)

16. Link to Post #89
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

Taking official numbers at face value for the moment, the reported votes for Biden were around 81m, so taking into account US population it was around 1 in 4 people. It's like that every election though, only half the population votes at most. Beyond all the arguments concerning the recent election it's one of several reasons I don't believe in democracy much at all beyond the local/Dunbar number level.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Hym (1st May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), RunningDeer (2nd May 2021), Tam (5th May 2021)

18. Link to Post #90
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by pyrangello (here)
    As for Biden I watched a documentary on him from baby to where he is now, really wanted to know about his accomplishments in life, 47 years in office, I honestly can say he didn't do crap over 47 years. Or maybe he did in the capitol building once and a while. I really wanted to see what he did, nothing , notta ,
    His record is basically that of a moderate republican. Tough on crime was one of his biggies, like sponsoring the 1994 Crime Bill. He was also always looking for a deal to cut Medicare and Social Security, and was instrumental in seeing that Clarence Thomas became a Supreme Court Justice.

Also voted for the first Iraq War.

Definitely no flaming lefty.

19. Link to Post #91
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

Somebody wrote here that Biden and Trump are the same. I disagree, here take a look at one of the banned official photos of Biden:

The real Biden was / is a predator and kid toucher. There are a lot of pictures of him touching minors totally unappropriate in public. Imagine what he does when he is not in public with tons of reporters around.

and now to "The Biden Show". It´s beyond laughable but at times quite entertaining. Here the latest hickup:
    Kamala Harris this time saluting the Soldiers and then walking up the stairs to no plane. LOL. How can you take this trashshow serious ? I mean who walks up to no plane, seriously.

The full "Biden Show" video here:
    http://mannikosblog.de/2021/04/28/se...ohne-flugzeug/

Now back to Topic.
    Last edited by uzn; 1st May 2021 at 19:03.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (1st May 2021), East Sun (1st May 2021), Hym (1st May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), RunningDeer (1st May 2021), Sadieblue (1st May 2021), thepainterdoug (2nd May 2021)

21. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member Donald Ryan's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse from a pedophile, I think I can bring a unique perspective to this part of the thread. For the record, pedophiles NEVER change their propensities and should be locked away forever. However, unless you have absolute, undeniable proof somebody is a pedophile, you should NEVER bandy the accusation about just willy-nilly. I have a close friend in my over-55 community who was president of the HOA for several years, and, as often happens in these small political environs, developed a small group of nasty enemies. This group started a whisper campaign accusing him of being a pedophile and it destroyed his life. My therapist (who is also a survivor) agrees that survivors can smell a pedophile a million miles away--they give you chills and raise the hairs on the back of your neck. I can confidently say my friend is not a pedophile. But the false accusation has stuck and he has to live with it.
    So, before you start regurgitating these accusations without absolute verification, think twice. I don't think you should make such accusations against anyone, be it Biden, Trump, Mr. Potato Head (although his lack of genitalia does give me pause) without sound proof.
    Speaking as a survivor.
    Cheers to all and let's play nice. . .

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Donald Ryan For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (1st May 2021), Chris Gilbert (1st May 2021), Ewan (2nd May 2021), Gracy (1st May 2021), LJY (1st May 2021), Mike (1st May 2021), pabranno (1st May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (2nd May 2021), Tam (5th May 2021), uzn (1st May 2021)

23. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Donald Ryan (here)
    As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse from a pedophile, I think I can bring a unique perspective to this part of the thread. For the record, pedophiles NEVER change their propensities and should be locked away forever. However, unless you have absolute, undeniable proof somebody is a pedophile, you should NEVER bandy the accusation about just willy-nilly. I have a close friend in my over-55 community who was president of the HOA for several years, and, as often happens in these small political environs, developed a small group of nasty enemies. This group started a whisper campaign accusing him of being a pedophile and it destroyed his life. My therapist (who is also a survivor) agrees that survivors can smell a pedophile a million miles away--they give you chills and raise the hairs on the back of your neck. I can confidently say my friend is not a pedophile. But the false accusation has stuck and he has to live with it.
    So, before you start regurgitating these accusations without absolute verification, think twice. I don't think you should make such accusations against anyone, be it Biden, Trump, Mr. Potato Head (although his lack of genitalia does give me pause) without sound proof.
    Speaking as a survivor.
    Your right, I change pedophile to kid toucher, that is prooven and seeable for everyone.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to uzn For This Post:

LJY (1st May 2021)

25. Link to Post #94
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,036 times in 911 posts

Quote Posted by Donald Ryan (here)
    Speaking as a survivor.
    Nope. Not a time to...

Speaking as a life long protector of survivors, the first hard hit I took was as an 8 year old protecting my younger sisters from a pedo oldest brother, then 16, being protected by his mother, as I got up from him knocking me down, and after I told him to leave my sisters alone....immediately after the only time I suspected something was very wrong. He stopped the abuse because I threatened to kill him, whatever it took, if I couldn't get close enough to him. However, that didn't stop him with his children, years later, his first wife wise enough to divorce him and take the children far away. Delusion has no place in talks like this.

More to the point, why hasn't anyone stopped him, and not just the reassigned secret service agent who was stopped short of kicking the crap out of him, from Joey B hitting on his fiance, touching her as only a partner or a husband would? Not only is he a perv, but he openly doesn't give a F about anyone else and their rights. I know that many, many politicians are abusers, but the proof of his behavior being protected is that he abuses children openly. Why is that?

I can see why women, hearing some of the previous pres.'s misogyny, even in a recording of him proving it, and wouldn't vote for him, irregardless of policy and the decided efforts to divide people, when he just as well could have used words and ideas to find common ground, after he exposed the hypocrisies.

I liked him telling the truth, but tilting his head to the side afterwards, waiting for the applause and being cute is not the job of a president. It was his job, the oath of office, his real purpose as a president to then present solutions and bring us all together. We all know what that was about. In great contrast the present pres. has abused children in front of everyone to see. Children no less!!!!, and it gets a pass? How many other public figures have you seen doing that over and over again in public?

From here, the absolute sign that the presidency is merely a public play and not a real position of power is the acceptance of all concerned, officials of both parties, law enforcement and the media, allowing him to carry on like that for years, just as they all have for politicians since there have been politicians. Many insiders knew of B and H's abuses and many of them died, not just for the reasons of abuse, and they both got away with it all. The same goes for Bush Sr. though some would testify, if protected, that he was the most diabolical of all.

That is how important it has been, and is, for those who control the puppeteered politicians and thus the inhumane policies of nations, to cover up the abuse. That is the bigger question to be asked, tho this honestly proposed thread was meant to truly, to deeply, understand the motivations for supporting another politician.

It's at times like this we would expect these deeply felt perceptions and reactions to occur here. At times, as civil as this forum is, civility takes a back seat to getting in here and digging it all up. I wonder how many would serve if they were called servants and never called politicians. Of course, both parties are complicit in protecting the abuser and rarely of protecting the abused.

I feel that way about most politicians. I sense that same abusive nature around many people in positions of power, men and women alike.
    I wouldn't let the current POS anywhere near any children or women, and especially women who aren't aware of and who don't agree to the abuse.

That is the law in this land....being silent in the face of abuse is complicity, and a dereliction of duty. Of the many pres. guards in the mix, more than a few have asked for assignments away from having to remain silent. Removal from seeing the abuse doesn't stop it, and those in control of those departments are allergic to taking the oath of their jobs seriously, beyond their job security.

Knowing well three bodyguard teachers, I wonder how many know that with some politicians their main job is to protect others from the politicians themselves? Not with physical aggression of any sort, yet at the least, if he chose to do that around me, anywhere....in private, or in the most public of places, I'd use this penetrating, booming voice of mine to call attention to it all, and I'd call out any parents the same way.

Just in case your eyes don't see what's there, over and over and over again....the abuse is out in the open, so disconnected from who he really is in relation to the rest of societal norms.

Because this thread is about policy, I'll step off on this note.
    And, I DO believe the young girl who while at Epstein's, at age 14, protected her younger friend by stepping in and taking the sexual abuse from Trump. Just as the accusations of Tara Reid against the present pres were never taken seriously, so the same happened with the accusations of the young girl against the last pres. and she was a victim of Epstein and Maxwell.

Maybe some out there don't know the pain or support those abused....for whatever reason, when I would suggest listening a little longer and stepping the F up. Maybe I'm on the wrong forum, but I'm okay with that, as there are no others I'd join. More time to study and get on with it all.

By the way, I believe that anyone who accuses someone who is innocent of the claim they know to be false, should be prosecuted and serve the same time, or double the time, as if convicted of the abuse itself.
    Last edited by Hym; 2nd May 2021 at 16:21.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Blacklight43 (1st May 2021), Ewan (2nd May 2021), onawah (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), pyrangello (2nd May 2021), RunningDeer (1st May 2021), Sadieblue (1st May 2021), uzn (1st May 2021)

27. Link to Post #95
    United States Avalon Member Donald Ryan's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks for your response and willingness to consider my opinion. If there is any lesson to be learned from these situations, I think, it is that once an accusation is cast in today's technological world, it is always out there and that we should be very cautious when making accusations.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Donald Ryan For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (1st May 2021), Ewan (2nd May 2021), Gracy (1st May 2021), Hym (1st May 2021), lisalu (1st May 2021), RunningDeer (1st May 2021), Sadieblue (1st May 2021), Tam (5th May 2021), uzn (1st May 2021)

29. Link to Post #96
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    Maybe some out there don't know the pain or support those abused....for whatever reason, when I would suggest listening a little longer and step the F up. Maybe I'm on the wrong forum, but I'm okay with that, as there are no others I'd join. More time to study and get on with it all.

By the way, I believe that anyone who accuses someone who is innocent of the claim they know to be false, should be prosecuted and serve the same time, or double the time, as if convicted of the abuse itself.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Blacklight43 (1st May 2021), Ewan (2nd May 2021), Hym (1st May 2021), pabranno (1st May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), pyrangello (2nd May 2021), Sadieblue (1st May 2021), uzn (2nd May 2021)

31. Link to Post #97
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)

Looking at the bigger picture I would say it is best to not care. It is a rotten system no matter if "blue" or "red" is at the helm (or any other country for that matter). The (US or Western world) plane is about to crash ANYWAY. So in the end of the day it does not matter who steers it at that moment.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Pam (2nd May 2021), Tam (5th May 2021)

33. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,036 times in 911 posts

Quote Posted by uzn (here)
    Kamala Harris this time saluting the Soldiers and then walking up the stairs to no plane. LOL. How can you take this trashshow serious ? I mean who walks up to no plane, seriously.

Kammy was assured that Wonder Woman's Invisible plane was there. Just my thoughts, but I'm sure I'd have appreciated seeing Linda Carter flying overhead in that invisible plane, more than seeing Kam.

I heard that Linda is a singer. That would've made being a passenger on the plane much more pleasant. Imagine that, a whole plane singing....together, and with a real singer. Thank goodness that some politicians and corporate muck-mucks don't fly with the rest of us.

I see the vp's faith has it's limits.

It's mutual, Darling.

Either way, it's not that we wish anyone ill will in serving the people.
    In the case of the pres and vp, the wishing well has run dry.
    That is the best for everyone to accept, and left to do what all people have done in all successful societies. This is to take care of each other and connect in ways they've always done.

Moving on together is forever the task. Citizens are more than capable of doing anything when they do what they know is best, without the constant spin. That spin ends up being the draining circle jerk, leaving the lot of everyone spent and tired of not getting anywhere. It's one of the many times when a people teach their leaders who really should be controlling the dialogue.

The proof of the presidency now being openly governed by the real corporate controllers of the nation and not those fronting the cons, lives in the pres.'s words. He has said that answering questions at any length will get him in trouble, with those he will never mention.

The cool possibility may be that if he stays long enough in the position, he may accidentally reveal the names of those who his controllers take their orders from.
    Last edited by Hym; 2nd May 2021 at 15:20.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

atman (2nd May 2021), Pam (2nd May 2021), RunningDeer (2nd May 2021), uzn (2nd May 2021)

35. Link to Post #99
    Australia Avalon Member Spindoctor's Avatar
    Thanks

Still waiting for a reasoned, intelligent response to my comments on Biden and the better future prospects for many under his policies. So far I've got overt cynicism, bias and smear, even my nickname apparently triggers some. So here is home growmn opinion from an American rather than an outsider looking in. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/01/o...?smid=tw-share

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Spindoctor For This Post:

Mark (2nd May 2021)

37. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Let´s look at the first great 100 days of Biden and his great actions.

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/a4IPBamMsmeq
    Last edited by uzn; 2nd May 2021 at 08:56.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Hym (2nd May 2021), Pieman (2nd May 2021), RunningDeer (2nd May 2021), sunwings (3rd May 2021), thepainterdoug (2nd May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 5 15 38 LastLast