+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saying and Writing Words Backwards

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member TelosianEmbrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,491 times in 539 posts

Default Saying and Writing Words Backwards

I believe that there is something magical about saying words backwards. The practice has a way of reversing the energy and power behind words. It's almost like you claim the power of the thing, you are removing any hold it has on you. This could be a person, event, place or group. One example is 'tnemnrevog'. Who wants to be ruled by these people?

I am sure there are examples of organisations that use this in their pathworking rituals.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

DeDukshyn (7th May 2021), EFO (7th May 2021), Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (7th May 2021), Icare (7th May 2021), Inversion (7th May 2021), Ioneo (7th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), meeradas (7th May 2021), pabranno (7th May 2021), Pam (7th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), selinam (7th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (7th May 2021), wondering (7th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,222 times in 1,147 posts

Default Re: Saying and Writing Words Backwards

Aleister Crowley wrote about this:

https://themanyfacesofthezodiac.com/...-back-masking/

I think it maybe works for secret societies in a couple of ways, obscuring things from the 'profane' but also perhaps for a deeper esoteric reason, perhaps as a form of luciferian inversion?

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

EFO (7th May 2021), Icare (7th May 2021), Inversion (7th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), pabranno (7th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), selinam (7th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021), wondering (7th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,568 times in 2,217 posts

Strange, I have been doing this randomly for well over a year. I don't know how it started or why I do it! I will just see a word and attempt to pronounce it backwards.

I have got to the stage now where I am pretty good at it, I can hear a word and almost immediately I am able to pronounce it backwards. I then have to go through the word slowly to see if I pronounced it correctly, which I invariably do.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

EFO (7th May 2021), Inversion (7th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), pabranno (7th May 2021), selinam (7th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021), wondering (7th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

And not only backward...but simply splitting them...

Understand=under+stand.Why "standing" "under" (?),while it should be "overstanding" because one stand over the level of unknowing...something...
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2021), Inversion (7th May 2021), Jambo (7th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), meeradas (7th May 2021), pabranno (7th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), selinam (7th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021), The Moss Trooper (8th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Bollocks 0.o

Or as some butches used to say Kollobs.

Sorry about that, I used to know a few butchers that had their own speech, it was a slanged backwards wording.
    Some letters where dropped and or transposed from the back to the front.
    I don't know how many butchers used this or if it was in any way old.

Police where the Ecilops

Think it was mainly used to swear while working and not let any customers realise.

I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

East Sun (7th May 2021), Inversion (7th May 2021), Journeyman (7th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), mokosh (7th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), selinam (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

I know a guy who was a butcher in London who told me reversing words were used so
    customers would not know what they were saying about the meat and it's condition.

Liver would be "revil" etc.

Even if you knew and heard them speak you could not decipher what they were saying without practice.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Inversion (7th May 2021), Journeyman (7th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), selinam (7th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,222 times in 1,147 posts

It's called 'Butchers Tongue' :D

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...chers%20Tongue

Quote Language used by butchers to swear or insult people to there face when there is a likelihood of getting in trouble for doing so.

To speak in butchers tongue you simply say the word backwards.
    There's some examples there to try next time your local butcher runs out of sausages or cuts the bacon too thin...

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Inversion (7th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), selinam (7th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

A lot of witches and satanists do the Lord's Prayer backwards as part of their initiation.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Inversion (7th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    A lot of witches and satanists do the Lord's Prayer backwards as part of their initiation.
    Often witches are categorically aligned with satanists and I am not sure why. I think it might be based on fear of the unknown. I have never seen or heard of witches using Christian prayers backwards. Many witches are solitaires and are left to their own devices for initiation. Covens are quite small, generally a maximum of 13 witches and their rituals would be super-private and unknown to the public. I have heard of some witches still acknowledge their former Christian underpinnings and follow both paths. They would not use these prayers backwards or in a disrespectful manner.

In the simplest terms a witches path is predominately a love for nature and symbols of nature rule. The occult crosses paths with witchcraft but is not always pursued by witches. The occult is where I think the line gets fuzzy with satanists.

I think there is just stigma based on the unknowns. I decided to follow a path of ancient witchcraft for about the past 5 years now after a 6 year period of being a deist and the rest of my time based on the Christian upbringing I had since childhood. Being a deist presents particular problems [at least to me] where I was missing some anchors to my faith. My faith as it were kept me strong during my hardships even though my path changed drastically during my adult years.

I do not follow the Wiccan path. This is not ancient witchcraft, it is a design originally from england in the 195o's. I find it controversial as england generally disposed of witches throughout their checkered history both in england and the americas.

Years ago my friends and I would mix up our words, it was like our own dialect.
    Last edited by JackMcThorn; 7th May 2021 at 15:38.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th May 2021), Inversion (8th May 2021), jaybee (8th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I think its as simple as the concept that spelling in itself is casting about of personal power. Language itself is a form of casting, and uses spelling. Like casting spells. I think it is no coincidence that we use the exact same words to describe both.

"Witches and satanists, et al" just happen to know about this, while the rest of the masses believe it is just "nonsense".
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (7th May 2021), JackMcThorn (7th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (7th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (7th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member TelosianEmbrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,491 times in 539 posts

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    Strange, I have been doing this randomly for well over a year. I don't know how it started or why I do it! I will just see a word and attempt to pronounce it backwards.

I have got to the stage now where I am pretty good at it, I can hear a word and almost immediately I am able to pronounce it backwards. I then have to go through the word slowly to see if I pronounced it correctly, which I invariably do.
    I attempt to pronounce it as it is said, rather than reading the words backwards, as it seems more authentic. So I wouldn't pronounce 'Police' as "Ecilop' but close to 'Seelop'.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

Inversion (8th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (8th May 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,307 times in 1,401 posts

Quote Posted by TelosianEmbrace (here)
    I believe that there is something magical about saying words backwards. The practice has a way of reversing the energy and power behind words. It's almost like you claim the power of the thing, you are removing any hold it has on you. This could be a person, event, place or group. One example is 'tnemnrevog'. Who wants to be ruled by these people?

I am sure there are examples of organisations that use this in their pathworking rituals.
    Not just forward and backward but multiple times also! Repeating in threes is quite common even on shows very popular like Big Bang where suddenly in the show in season 2 the Sheldon character starts this knocking three times to say names at doors and so on. You see other lines like "NO, NO, NO" and "Yes, Yes, Yes" so there has to be something about three times to it also. You saw that same theme in Beetlejuice the movie and in songs too.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Inversion (8th May 2021), pabranno (8th May 2021), pueblo (8th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,839 times in 650 posts

Quote Posted by EFO (here)
    And not only backward...but simply splitting them...

Understand=under+stand.Why "standing" "under" (?),while it should be "overstanding" because one stand over the level of unknowing...something...

This has to do with Admiralty-Law and the entering into of a 'contract'........ It is how we are hoodwinked and tricked by language to give-up our inalienable rights, without even knowing it. To "under-stand" is to enter into contract, usually with an agent or officer, of an agency or government looking to extort cash.

Get into Common Law, and discover how to, peacefully and totally within your God-given rights, not enter into contract with these agents and extorters. So far, I have NOT taken a PCR test of any sort, nor worn a mask, and have been able to go about my business within the law without any impediment nor resistance.

The truth is out there!
    May your Spirit stay unbroken, may you not be deterred.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Creedence (9th May 2021), EFO (9th May 2021), Inversion (8th May 2021), Journeyman (8th May 2021), pueblo (8th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

Quote Posted by JackMcThorn (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Often witches are categorically aligned with satanists and I am not sure why. I think it might be based on fear of the unknown. I have never seen or heard of witches using Christian prayers backwards. Many witches are solitaires and are left to their own devices for initiation. Covens are quite small, generally a maximum of 13 witches and their rituals would be super-private and unknown to the public. I have heard of some witches still acknowledge their former Christian underpinnings and follow both paths. They would not use these prayers backwards or in a disrespectful manner.

In the simplest terms a witches path is predominately a love for nature and symbols of nature rule. The occult crosses paths with witchcraft but is not always pursued by witches. The occult is where I think the line gets fuzzy with satanists.

I think there is just stigma based on the unknowns. I decided to follow a path of ancient witchcraft for about the past 5 years now after a 6 year period of being a deist and the rest of my time based on the Christian upbringing I had since childhood. Being a deist presents particular problems [at least to me] where I was missing some anchors to my faith. My faith as it were kept me strong during my hardships even though my path changed drastically during my adult years.

I do not follow the Wiccan path. This is not ancient witchcraft, it is a design originally from england in the 195o's. I find it controversial as england generally disposed of witches throughout their checkered history both in england and the americas.

Years ago my friends and I would mix up our words, it was like our own dialect.

Thanks for this post and well put - I think there is an expression of witchcraft that is based on nature, the power of non violence, gentleness and kindness - that goes by the saying 'do as thou wilt but do no harm..'.... also strongly connected with healing...

Some kinds of witchcraft might stray into destructive / satanic areas but I think the real thing is the good kind...

Many years ago I was involved with a Women's Peace Camp protesting against nuclear cruise missiles and there were two levels going on - the regular protesting and the 'witchcraft'..... ie the Goddess energy / Ancient Mother coming in to help save the world from nuclear destruction... -

Examples of the women's - the witches - work was.... breaking into the base and singing and dancing in a circle on the silos - breaking into the base dressed in Teddy Bear outfits and other costumes for a Teddy Bear's Picnic on April 1st - decorating the 9 mile fence with symbols of life and love - encircling the base in an action called Embrace the Base...

Like I said this was a long time ago but it caused quite a stir at the time.....

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

JackMcThorn (19th July 2023), TelosianEmbrace (8th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread