+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psychedelic medicine is going mainstream

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Default Psychedelic medicine is going mainstream

Interesting ongoing developments in the field of Psychedelics. Who would have thought back in the 60's that there would come a day when the legalization of 'evil' drugs would go mainstream.

It holds great promise but also great peril.

The Psychedelic Revolution Is Coming How MDMA and Psilocybin Became Hot Investments.

Why NHL star Daniel Carcillo founded a psychedelics startup

Can a genetic test predict your response to psychedelic drugs?

Quote Neo: What does that mean?

Pandora's Box has more tricks to reveal, stay tuned.
    Last edited by O Donna; 11th May 2021 at 22:10. Reason: grammar

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

angelfire (13th May 2021), Anka (23rd June 2021), Chris Gilbert (11th May 2021), DeDukshyn (13th May 2021), EFO (12th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (12th May 2021), Gemma13 (12th May 2021), Gracy (11th May 2021), Harmony (12th May 2021), Ioneo (11th May 2021), Mike (11th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), Reinhard (13th May 2021), selinam (12th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (11th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (12th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (12th May 2021), thepainterdoug (11th May 2021), TomKat (12th May 2021), toppy (12th May 2021), UNEEKSTUF (12th May 2021), Violet3 (12th May 2021), Wind (12th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Default Re: Psychedelic medicine is going mainstream

Here in Australia they are already training practitioners.
    https://cpat.mindmedicineaustralia.o...AtOin__y6siLKQ

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Anka (23rd June 2021), DeDukshyn (13th May 2021), EFO (12th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (12th May 2021), Gemma13 (12th May 2021), Gracy (11th May 2021), Harmony (12th May 2021), Ioneo (11th May 2021), leavesoftrees (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), O Donna (12th May 2021), Parsi-X (4th September 2023), Sunny-side-up (12th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (12th May 2021), thepainterdoug (11th May 2021), toppy (12th May 2021), UNEEKSTUF (12th May 2021), Violet3 (12th May 2021), Wind (12th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Scientific studies and healing of the soul have been only postponed for more than half a century, but hey not bad! Better late than never.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (23rd June 2021), Chris Gilbert (12th May 2021), DeDukshyn (13th May 2021), EFO (12th May 2021), Harmony (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), O Donna (12th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (12th May 2021), TelosianEmbrace (12th May 2021), toppy (12th May 2021), Violet3 (12th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,663 times in 20,817 posts

Lightbulb Re: Psychedelic medicine is going mainstream

From my perspectives:

Some psychedelics works like taking away mental & emotional filters we all have to "fit in" whatever that may be ... Some may forgot how it is to be without filters (being pure) thus experience that as a complete shock ... so much so that the cognitive dissonance only becomes bigger ... this is NOT a guarantee that you find a way to cope with this schism ... like having a deeper multiple-personality disorder and all aspects of yourself have their own story to tell (if you allow it) ... That part of yourself that is not recognized, unheard, not understood etc. etc. may be "voiceless" for so long and psychedelics MAY break the mind-prison that is preventing the Soul to grow.

All depends on how do you see yourself ... how do you judge yourself ... are you surrounded by people who (can) trigger old patterns of (self-destructive) behavior?

So it is not that easy ... assuming psychedelics is a "miracle" cure is in my view a temporary but powerful suggestive mechanism that may work to overcome certain hurdles but it also can do the opposite which is a way to force yourself OUT of your (passive) comfort-zone.

When you access your "neutral observer awareness" it will have no judgemental energy ...it is just sharing what you already know deep inside but buried (having multiple "blind spots") ...

If you do not know how to deal with that maybe power-breathing techniques (rebirthing) can help the transition go more effectively ... not waiting for a "miracle" but making a clear choice ... This is key ... making a choice ... everyone can make up 1000 excuses not to confront yourself ... If you are a genuine "people pleaser" you will find it even more hard to confront yourself as you already sacrificed so much of your true-self pleasing others.

So much depends on HOW do you see yourself and what part of that is not really you but a conditioned version of you? (serving others needs, meanwhile ignoring own problems).

Having no filters is one aspect of it ... the other aspect is HOW do you communicate the unfiltered version of you? ... Do you feel safe enough to allow that part to be heard? ... If not why not? ... What is holding you back? ...The longer this continues the harder it will be to heal yourself.
    • I can talk about this topic for hours non-stop (and I did on some of my older radio shows in late 1990s early 2000s).
    cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    (Near Death Experiencer)
    May 12, 2021
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th May 2021 at 09:52.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Blacklight43 (12th May 2021), jaybee (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), O Donna (12th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (12th May 2021), Wind (12th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

good to hear, just remember the PD's are NOT all about freaky trips, they can be very small doses and just nudge.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

EFO (12th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (12th May 2021), O Donna (12th May 2021), UNEEKSTUF (12th May 2021), Wind (12th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,641 times in 8,594 posts

Personal psychedelic experiments in my earlier years were positively transformative and spiritually and personality healing for me. (just one data point among many, and I agree that these experiments do not end well for all.)

I had laboratory pure, mass-spec tested MDMA made by a friend who earned a doctorate in chemistry, but this gave me headaches and was not positive, so only tried twice.

On the other hand, mushrooms we picked from fields resulted in major revelations about consciousness and perceived realities, but our dosages were large and not well controlled. Minor dosages just added some 'color' and sound perception improvements, I found.

But LSD was my substance of choice, very pure, nearly always obtained in liquid form prior to it being modified to adhere to gel or paper, and once acquired in powder form where we hydrated it ourselves. There were folks in California connected to Owsley and the Grateful Dead who knew how to make it well, and had good distribution networks in those days.

Quit experimenting once my sources for the purest-made dried up, about 20 years ago.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 13th May 2021 at 02:44.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

EFO (12th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (12th May 2021), leavesoftrees (13th May 2021), O Donna (12th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (13th May 2021), Wind (12th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Experienced Salvia divinorum twice about 20 years ago. Still remember the details to this day. Wasn’t the wisest decision as I did it alone and without consulting others with knowledge of the plant. It’s good that curiosity did not kill or injure the cat.

Would have explored further but without mentors I realized that, alone, it was clearly something out of my league.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Anka (23rd June 2021), EFO (12th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (12th May 2021), mountain_jim (13th May 2021), Wind (12th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    good to hear, just remember the PD's are NOT all about freaky trips, they can be very small doses and just nudge.
    Here's the thing with psychedelics ...

The scientific and psychological research done has shown that its the actual experience of the trip that is the medicine, not the substance. Therefore microdosing doesn't have the same effect (it may have some, but its not the same at all).

Not everyone responds to psychedelic substances with a "trip", and it has been found in research with PTSD and depression in trials that those who took the same amount of substance (per body-weight) as the other people in the study that did not receive the "trip", also did not receive the benefit. There was quite a clear correlation between the two.

----

The human is full of programs that run and re-run, create patterns of behaviour, and some of these negative repeating patterns of thought and expression of these programs lead to PTSD, depression, addiction and / or other mental illnesses. Most mental illnesses are caused by these negative repeating patterns. Even "normal life" is full of these patterns, this is why it is so hard for most people to break out of their comfort zones.

What a psychedelic "trip" does, is it has the ability to break these programs and reset the mind, both emotionally a cognitively (but I'm speaking primarily of Psilocybin here). This is why it is effective at treating these illnesses. I am speaking both from a point of experience and research into them. It brings a person back to being more their "pure" self before the identification of self with these negative programs.

Some people see this as a negative, because these programs also is what creates your ego, and if one's sense of self is highly defined by these programs and patterns, then for some to have these programs broken feels like it is changing their identity.

This breaking of patterns is also why some people praise this experience so much, because it in a sense frees them from the chains of their ego, from these repeating patterns, most of which do not serve or are even destructive to self.

These effects are long term. Once the programs and patterns are broken, they cannot be recreated again, without once again taking time to strengthen them by creating them again yourself (or from within you environment). Think like how muscles need repetitive exercise to grow in strength, so do these repeating patterns and programs. The psychedelic experience can break them instantly, however. This is why psychedelic research is fascinating to psychologists.

Here's Jordan Peterson speaking on a little bit of this research.

Last edited by DeDukshyn; 13th May 2021 at 17:00.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (13th May 2021), leavesoftrees (13th May 2021), mountain_jim (13th May 2021), O Donna (13th May 2021), Reinhard (13th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (13th May 2021), Wind (13th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread