+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 3 9 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading right now and how is it affecting you? (our own book club, maybe :))

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

Default Re: What are you reading right now and how is it affecting you? (our own book club, maybe :))

The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane

A riveting story of a young soldier during the Civil War--an amazing intense account of being in battle.

And--

Wilhelm Reich's follow-up to his The Function of The Orgasm or a part 2 - The Cancer Biopathy

In this book Reich documents his experiments to discover how cancer begins in an organism. This work led to his creating the Orgone Accumulator that helped reverse the effects of cancer in patients.
    Last edited by frankstien; 11th May 2019 at 22:37.
    "If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

Iloveyou (16th June 2019), Pam (2nd June 2019), Praxis (2nd June 2019), Robert deTree (6th June 2019), Rosemarie (2nd June 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: What are you reading right now and how is it affecting you? (our own book club, maybe :))

I went to the Symphony Book Fair in New Orleans yesterday. I have been going for 50 plus years. My mother used to take us as kids and I was in heaven and still am.

I picked up so many wonderful books, some very old and mainly on New Orleans and Louisiana history, which I adore, but I also picked up one paperback.

I bought "On the Trail of the Assasins" by former District Attorney of New Orleans, Jim Garrison. I can't believe I've never read it, as it all takes place in every aspect of my childhood and beyond. A real eye opener about the machinations of rogue elements in the C_A and the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Trail_of_the_Assassins
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (2nd June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), Franny (3rd June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), IndigoSpiral (1st July 2019), Kryztian (2nd June 2019), Pam (2nd June 2019), Rosemarie (2nd June 2019), Strat (2nd June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,474 times in 1,693 posts

I actually have 2 book started. One from Truman Cash, and the other he wrote waiting in limbo, for lack of time to read everything.. as well as The Book of Ra again, that both myself and a friend are rereading.

I also got 5 books while at UfoMegaCon, shoved into my hands by a very nice roup of individuals, who just wanted to make sure I was educated HAHAHA
    Those titles include:
    The reality ad spirituality of life in this universe
    The greater community, Contact with intelligent life in the universe
    greater community spirituality A new revelation
    Th e Great Waves of Change - Navigating the difficult times ahead
    and of course The allies of humanity book one.

The boks were given to me by a group of individuals sharing the works of Marhall Vian Summers. The man who does the videos of the "Briefings of the allies of humanity" regarding contacts with et

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Axman (2nd June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), Franny (3rd June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), IndigoSpiral (1st July 2019), Kryztian (2nd June 2019), Pam (2nd June 2019), Rosemarie (2nd June 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Quote Posted by frankstien (here)
    The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane

A riveting story of a young soldier during the Civil War--an amazing intense account of being in battle.

And--

Wilhelm Reich's follow-up to his The Function of The Orgasm or a part 2 - The Cancer Biopathy

In this book Reich documents his experiments to discover how cancer begins in an organism. This work led to his creating the Orgone Accumulator that helped reverse the effects of cancer in patients.
    The Cancer Biopathy changed my world. Very interesting book

8. Link to Post #45
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

Thank you all for continuing sharing what you are reading. There is something for everyone. The saying so many books so little time is true as ever.

I am reading Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton. Teotwaiki recommended his first book Journey of Souls and I found it fascinating. A topic I did not know anything about but it resonated with me.
    Destiny is a more in depth continuation of afterlife case studies. I just began reading it.
    If somebody can recommend more books on the subject i would appreciate it.
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), IndigoSpiral (1st July 2019), Seabreeze (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

10. Link to Post #46
    New Zealand Avalon Member Clarity's Avatar
    Thanks

The Case for a Creator, Lee Strobel.

Tells how scientific evidence now points strongly in the direction of an intelligent Creator.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clarity For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), Rosemarie (3rd June 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

12. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

I'm re-reading (before I go to sleep) Matthew Walker's Why we sleep. I highly recommend it to everyone. It sometimes does send me off to sleep though!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), Rosemarie (3rd June 2019), Seabreeze (4th June 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 times in 471 posts

As a keen walker and nature-lover, I'm reading THE WALKER'S GUIDE TO OUDOOR CLUES & SIGNS by Tristan Gooley.
    An 'ultimate' guide to what the land, sun, moon, stars, trees, plants, animals, sky and clouds can reveal - when you know what to look for...

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Le Chat For This Post:

avatar (15th June 2019), Constance (5th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), Franny (3rd June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), Rosemarie (3rd June 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

16. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member Seabreeze's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 594 posts

I am reading : The 4 element program of the shamans by Peter Orzechowski.

.....which gives you a amazing insight of the connection native americans have to nature....it explains how to respect, talk and thank the elements and nature, how to clean your mind in a natural way, how to meditate and much more....

It is in german..the title is : Das Vier-Elemente Programm der Schamanen... I dont know if a version of the book in english does exist....

Peter, who wrote the book...got teached by a native shaman from the Apache tribe.....and wrote it down in this book....

A very interesting and I believe a important book..more people should read to find their connection to nature again....
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 4th June 2019 at 14:45.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Constance (5th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), IndigoSpiral (1st July 2019), Rosemarie (5th June 2019), Valerie Villars (4th June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 times in 471 posts

Hi Whisper, Thanks for sharing your book choice, it sounds really interesting and something that I'd like to read.....IF I can find an English translation!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Le Chat For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), Rosemarie (5th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

20. Link to Post #51
    United States On Sabbatical avatar's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading "The Evolution Angel", an Emergency Physician's Lessons with Death and the Divine by Dr. Michael Abrams. He worked as emergency and trauma physician and extended himself to the dying in a silent communication as they passed. Fascinating!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avatar For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), Rosemarie (5th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

22. Link to Post #52
    United States On Sabbatical avatar's Avatar
    Thanks

Also reading "In Search of a Soul", 250 questions and answers by Tadataka Kimura. It is a self published book, and the printer/editors did him a disservice when they typeset it, but he is a Japanese doctor, and he answers many questions about consciousness, death, human nature, etc. Highly recommend

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avatar For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), IndigoSpiral (1st July 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019), XelNaga (22nd October 2020)

24. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

Do you folks ever listen to the radio or whatever in the background while reading? For whatever reason I can't do this and I wish I could.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Iloveyou (16th June 2019), Rosemarie (5th June 2019)

26. Link to Post #54
    Ecuador Avalon Member Rosemarie's Avatar
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 311 posts

Avatar. I am going to get the first book, The Evolution Angel. The other one is not in amazon. My cart in amazon has a lot of your recommendations friends , so thank you.

Strat, I read in complete silence. No tv, radio or music. I cannot concentrate if not.
    "Be kind for everybody is fighting a great battle" Plato

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosemarie For This Post:

avatar (6th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019)

28. Link to Post #55
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I went to the Symphony Book Fair in New Orleans yesterday. I have been going for 50 plus years. My mother used to take us as kids and I was in heaven and still am.

I picked up so many wonderful books, some very old and mainly on New Orleans and Louisiana history, which I adore, but I also picked up one paperback.

I bought "On the Trail of the Assasins" by former District Attorney of New Orleans, Jim Garrison. I can't believe I've never read it, as it all takes place in every aspect of my childhood and beyond. A real eye opener about the machinations of rogue elements in the C_A and the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Valerie,

Another book by Garrison about the JFK assassination you'd find fascinating-- Heritage of Stone Garrison writes about all sorts of interesting information uncovered while investigating Oswald and his work In New Orleans.
    https://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Ston.../dp/0399103988

And this is another amazing read about Oswald on assignment to protect and help and Judith Vary-Baker, a whiz kid high school grad who was doing undercover experiments about cancer in New Orleans for Dr. Alton Ochnser.
    https://www.amazon.com/Me-Lee-Came-H.../dp/1936296373
    "If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Rosemarie (6th June 2019), Valerie Villars (5th June 2019)

30. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 times in 155 posts

Rereading after 10 years "Wheat Belly" by William Davis, and The Honeymoon Effect by Bruce Lipton

lightwalker

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), IndigoSpiral (1st July 2019), Rosemarie (6th June 2019), Valerie Villars (6th June 2019)

32. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Quote Posted by frankstien (here)

Valerie,

Another book by Garrison about the JFK assassination you'd find fascinating-- Heritage of Stone Garrison writes about all sorts of interesting information uncovered while investigating Oswald and his work In New Orleans.
    https://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Ston.../dp/0399103988

And this is another amazing read about Oswald on assignment to protect and help and Judith Vary-Baker, a whiz kid high school grad who was doing undercover experiments about cancer in New Orleans for Dr. Alton Ochnser.
    https://www.amazon.com/Me-Lee-Came-H.../dp/1936296373
    Frankenstein, funny you should mention it, but I have "Me & Lee" and have read it. My father, also being from New Orleans, is of the opinion that she is telling the truth.

I'm very interested in "Heritage of Stone". I'm going to look into it now, though as it is I have books laying on the floor in my library. I guess one more won't hurt.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), frankstien (6th June 2019), Mike (6th June 2019), Rosemarie (6th June 2019)

34. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

I'm rereading a book called "Chameleo", which is a disturbing but comical account of one man's experience as a TI. it's mostly an absurdist tale, as he really kind of just stumbled into the whole thing thru a series of absurd events.

it's written by his friend, Robert Guffey, an English professor at Long Beach Junior College (at the time), who was privy to all the events as they were occurring and also experienced a few himself.

see Bill's thread here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...eo#post1231486

Last edited by Mike; 6th June 2019 at 00:24.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (6th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), Forest Denizen (28th June 2019), frankstien (6th June 2019), Rosemarie (6th June 2019), Valerie Villars (6th June 2019)

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

That was a great book, Mike. I loved it.

frankstein, "A Heritage of Stone" is now almost 30.00 for a paperback and the hardcover about 70.00 and up. They are calling it a "collectible". I ordered the paperback, much as I wanted the hardcover (I'm kind of a book snob about quality). Grab this one while you can. It's incredibly expensive.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Constance (6th June 2019), Denise/Dizi (6th June 2019), frankstien (11th June 2019), Mike (6th June 2019), Rosemarie (6th June 2019)

38. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

That was a great book, Mike. I loved it.

frankstein, "A Heritage of Stone" is now almost 30.00 for a paperback and the hardcover about 70.00 and up. They are calling it a "collectible". I ordered the paperback, much as I wanted the hardcover (I'm kind of a book snob about quality). Grab this one while you can. It's incredibly expensive.

hi Val, where did you order it from?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (6th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 3 9 LastLast