Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Antibiotics and me

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

Default Re: Antibiotics and me

When I read about mountain climber, explorer and researcher extraordinaire Bill Ryan having had to deal with a septic finger, I just can't help but to have the following image in my mind...

I too suffered from a septic finger some 20 years ago. It seems to have been caused by my digging rocky soil with my bare hands, in the back yard. (I hate to imagine what else was in the soil.)

I repeatedly applied some Tea tree essential oil on my finger once the infection became apparent, but it was obliviously already too late for any kind of topical remedy to defeat the infection. The infection kept worsening day after day, although not to the degree that Bill has described for his own finger, and after a week the pain became so terribly bad that I finally went to the doctor's.

The antibiotic that I was prescribed (I don't know which one, unfortunately) took care of the infection really fast.

And so antibiotics can indeed be a very useful medical tool, when used against particular bacterial infections on a short-term basis (meaning the full length of the treatment).

But as also mentioned by others in the thread, it is widely recognized that antibiotics are overused and overprescribed, opening the door to other health problems as well as to antibiotic resistance, two serious issues that even the CDC acknowledges:

At least 30 percent of antibiotics prescribed in the United States are unnecessary, according to new data published today in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in collaboration with Pew Charitable Trusts and other public health and medical experts.

The study analyzed antibiotic use in doctors’ offices and emergency departments throughout the United States. CDC researchers found that most of these unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for respiratory conditions caused by viruses – including common colds, viral sore throats, bronchitis, and sinus and ear infections – which do not respond to antibiotics. These 47 million excess prescriptions each year put patients at needless risk for allergic reactions or the sometimes deadly diarrhea, Clostridium difficile.

(...)

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2016/p0503-unnecessary-prescriptions.html

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2021), Anna70 (17th May 2021), Bill Ryan (16th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (16th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (17th May 2021), gord (16th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), Hym (16th May 2021), Jambo (18th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (17th May 2021), Stephanie (16th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Dentists routinely prescribe antibiotics after an extraction, at least the ones I have visited did. ...
    The irony of dentists not knowing, or caring, or not being taught, or being able to figure out or learn on their own, that healthy mouth flora is what keeps your mouth healthy (NOT a lack of bacteria), and that routine antibiotics aren't doing one any favours in that arena. Antibiotics are for fighting tough infections and should never be used otherwise.

If dentists ever get up to speed with modern reality, they would be prescribing oral probiotics after such an operation: Streptococcus salivarius -- which is the natural colonizing bacteria in a human mouth that protects us from dangerous or unsavory bacteria and yeast infections.

But dentists and doctors just do what they're told by the curriculum that big pharma wrote for them so as to keep the drug profits coming in ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th May 2021 at 02:13.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2021), Anna70 (17th May 2021), atman (16th May 2021), Bill Ryan (16th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (17th May 2021), gord (16th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), Hym (16th May 2021), Jambo (18th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (17th May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    So, all an interesting experience. The takeaways, I think, may be these.
    Antibiotics really can save lives, or limbs. But (a) take the right ones, and (b) not all antibiotics are equally safe.
    Resort to them very, very sparingly. ONLY when nothing else is working.
    So glad your finger is on the mend. I know that in your case the choice was correct and the outcome positive.

I wonder if you have Oil of Oregano? My brand is Zane Hellas. In my experience, I had a tooth abscess which had caused my whole jaw to swell. I used oil of oregano full strength... ONE drop at the gum line after drying my mouth of saliva and then drank a glass of water after waiting about 6o seconds.

BE CAREFUL. It BURNS and will actually cause skin to peel... My plan was to repeat in 2 hours. IN that time frame the swelling was halved. After the second drop in two hours the swelling was minimal. After the 3rd drop the swelling was gone.

If I had gone to a dentist, I would have been given antibiotics OF COURSE. Tooth abscesses can be dangerous if untreated.

Not very long ago I had an infection at the nail bed of my left index finger. It actually caused the nail to begin to separate. I used ONE drop full strength at the spot and that was all I needed. The nail took about 3 weeks to grow out normally but no more infection. IMO it is a first response item in the med cabinet.

Quote Oregano Oil-An Effective Antibiotic for SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) & Bacterial Infections

............................................................................

Oregano oil’s main active ingredients are believed to be thymol and carvacrol.
    Carvacrol is found at the highest concentration in oregano, but it can be found in other herbs, such as thyme. This compound (technically known as a monoterpene) has the ability to act as an effective antibacterial that fights against a variety of strains of bacteria including species of Bacillus, Enterococcus, E.coli, Salmonella, and Psuedomonas. Oregano oil is also effective against both methicillin-sensitive and methicillin-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).

Carvacrol pokes holes in the cell membranes of bacteria and causes the leakage of essential minerals and can alter the internal pH of the bacterial cell. Carvacrol is also thought to do less damage to the overall microbiome compared to conventional antibiotics, making it a crucial ingredient in oregano oil’s ability to be a beneficial natural antibiotic. In addition to its antibacterial activity, carvacrol is also effective against yeast (Candida) and some viruses.

Here are just a few studies which show carvacrol’s antibacterial capabilities:
    This study, published in PLOS one medical journal concluded that they support the use of carvacrol in infection prevention strategies. The study was specifically conducted on Campylobacter jejuni, a food-borne pathogen.
    This study, published in Letters in Applied Microbiology showed the effectiveness of carvacrol and thymol against Coli. E. coli is a very common and usually non-pathogenic type of bacteria—but there are some strains of E coli (eg. O157:H7) which can produce toxins.
    Thymol acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in addition to its anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal effects, though at this point, it is not clear how it does this.

Oregano Oil Uses
    Oregano oil can be used to help with all sorts of bacterial, fungal, and viral conditions. These include:
    Bacterial infections
    SIBO
    Dysbiosis
    Ear infections
    Colds and flu
    Sore throat
    Yeast infections
    Urinary tract infections
    Sinus infections
    Bug bites, rashes, and even poison ivy
    Oregano Oil vs Pharmaceutical Antibiotics
    oregano oil for bacterial infections

When taking any type of antibiotic, natural or pharmaceutical, you may have questions about overuse and damage to the good bacteria as well as the harmful.

So, how does oregano oil compare to pharmaceutical antibiotics? Does oregano oil kill good bacteria?

First of all, anytime you can get the same beneficial effects with a natural product like oregano oil compared to using a pharmaceutical product, it is most often well worth using it.

This is because natural products like oregano oil are usually gentler than prescription drugs and are presumed to do less damage to the healthy gut bacteria—the microbiome. The fact that oregano oil has been shown to be just as effective as regular antibiotics in many cases is a very positive finding. The “kinder and gentler” mechanism of action of oregano oil means that there is a decreased risk of adverse effects that are often seen with prescribed antibiotics.

These include nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping, and diarrhea. More serious adverse effects include allergic reactions, Steven-Johnson syndrome (a painful rash that can spread and cause swelling and loss of skin), irregular heartbeat, and tendonitis.

It’s important to remember that while high dose oregano oil works as an antimicrobial, there hasn’t been much clinical research done. Animal research, usually done in mice, has shown that oregano oil is effective. Currently, it is not clear if oregano oil spares normal gut bacteria or not—however, eating foods that encourage healthy gut bacteria (yogurt, fermented foods) can usually help support the re-population of healthy gut bacteria.

Here are just a few reasons why using oregano oil over pharmaceutical antibiotics can be a good choice:
    Oregano oil is presumed to be less harmful to the overall microbiome since it is a natural product and made from many different compounds.
    Pharmaceutical antibiotics are very strong and can broadly attack all bacteria, including the good bacteria that help you digest food, provide nutrients, support immune health, and help regulate your mood.
    Pharmaceutical antibiotics are made of just one compound, making it easier for bacteria to evolve and adapt to the antibiotic—in other words, become antibiotic-resistant
    Bacteria struggle to adapt to oregano oil’s many compounds, like carvacrol and thymol, which helps you avoid antibiotic resistance over the long run
    Using oregano oil is much cheaper than purchasing prescription antibiotics
    If you’re thinking about using oregano oil to treat a bacterial infection or SIBO it is an excellent option.

Read the rest here

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2021), Anna70 (17th May 2021), atman (16th May 2021), Bill Ryan (16th May 2021), DeDukshyn (17th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (17th May 2021), gord (16th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), Hym (16th May 2021), Jambo (18th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (17th May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (16th May 2021), TomKat (17th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)

BE CAREFUL. It BURNS and will actually cause skin to peel...
    Something always keep in mind with essential oils is that they are designed to kill. They might smell really nice to humans and all, but they are literally a plants defense mechanism, to kill fungi bacteria and ward off insects, and even mammals. It burns and causes peeling because it is killing your cells very quickly.

Essential oils can be extremely helpful, but we all need to keep in mind that as a medicine, they shouldn't be taken lightly. They will cause damage to human cells in the process of doing whatever it is you want them to do. That said, some pain, burning, loss of skin, upset stomach, might be an acceptable con, to gain the benefit of what they can do in fighting infections. Skin is quite tough, so essential oils are safest used as a topical treatment ...

I just don't want anyone drinking a whole bottle of the stuff thinking it can't hurt or that it will improve their health. It's medicine, and has side effects like most medicine.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Agape (17th May 2021), Anna70 (17th May 2021), Bill Ryan (17th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), gord (17th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), Jambo (18th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (17th May 2021), Pam (17th May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2021), Tangri (21st May 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

It’s important to tend to the finger topically, removing all of the necrotised material everyday, make sure to clean it down to the “healthy bone”.
    This may be little difficult part for some people but if there is puss forming it should be removed as soon as possible.
    Sterilise your scissors, tweezers and whatever instruments you use each time, use disinfection and apply antibiotic dressing ( topically) at the end, do not leave the wound open.

I remember I had something like this happened to me back in 2002/3, in winter while I was here in Dharamsala for 6 years. I was in the monastery all day and walked to my home evening ( happened to be a “bamboo hut”, built from bamboo but fully equipped otherwise , loved it but it does not exist anymore, they built big hotels all over the same area since).
    I was rather fond of walking in my flip flops all the time, thick socks in winter, it’s how it went here in old days.
    My mum flapped out of “supportive” that year, it was her idea that if I get no support somehow she could bring me back even though every other student here had a sponsorship and my own students in Prague were rather eager to help but since all went through mum, no internet in those days , there were STD phone operators instead and we just wrote letters that took 6 weeks to travel in most cases,
    it took some years to smooth this anyway.
    So the monastery decided to buy me winter shoes instead and since I was pinned to my cushion and did not want to go anywhere,
    they measured me and brought the nice shoes, the right size.

Leather shoes that looked just right except I usually never wear leather shoes.

Of course I was happy of the gift and had to start wearing them even to please our common conscience despite my left thumb was pressed.

Well it took about month or two before the thumb developed infection.

I did not take any allopathic medicines except for aspirin in those years, was much stronger than I’m now ( but later it misfired, had a discrete ear and tonsils issue that kept popping up for years and it responds to antibiotic ).

My thumb was so sore I had to remove the big fingernail. I feared it will never grow back since I have removed it all to the base ( but it did, some months later, almost miraculously).

Once all of the necrotising tissue gets removed it stops paining of course.

I have good practice in that area since my mum was medical professional and herself a patient too so I perform any minor surgeries rather efficiently.

Two years ago from now I had a tooth extraction done and it was difficult one,
    the dentist left some scrappers in and it took two months to clean and close instead “two weeks”,
    all with clove oil and tea tree and rosemary oil and antibiotic.

It would never take so long but before the epidemics started this quiet place was overwhelmed by tourists and their cars ,
    couple of my good friends got hit by car back then, speaking of strong fearless people, drivers can be totally merciless.

In old times, here in the Himalayas people did not understand much about western medicines or antibiotics. Of old people who are out there “in the fresh air” all over the years many have chronic “cold ear” or other kind of issues that would actually fix
    IF : those people ever stayed in bed
    took the right antibiotic ( as prescribed to them).

Of course they use natural medicines at all times, wild herbs, vegetables, honey etc.

It does not always help.

🦢
    Last edited by Agape; 17th May 2021 at 02:21.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (17th May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2021), TomKat (17th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

BE CAREFUL. It BURNS and will actually cause skin to peel...
    Something always keep in mind with essential oils is that they are designed to kill. They might smell really nice to humans and all, but they are literally a plants defense mechanism, to kill fungi bacteria and ward off insects, and even mammals. It burns and causes peeling because it is killing your cells very quickly.

Essential oils can be extremely helpful, but we all need to keep in mind that as a medicine, they shouldn't be taken lightly. They will cause damage to human cells in the process of doing whatever it is you want them to do. That said, some pain, burning, loss of skin, upset stomach, might be an acceptable con, to gain the benefit of what they can do in fighting infections. Skin is quite tough, so essential oils are safest used as a topical treatment ...

I just don't want anyone drinking a whole bottle of the stuff thinking it can't hurt or that it will improve their health. It's medicine, and has side effects like most medicine.

It’s true Speaking of my previous dental surgery ( extraction) , vis previous post, I used tea tree, rosemary oil to clean the hole and gargle,
    swallowing more than few drops can turn your stomach upside down for a day.

If it happens, drink plenty of liquids. It will inevitably purify your digestion tract.

🌟

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th May 2021), DeDukshyn (17th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (17th May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

I wonder if you have Oil of Oregano? My brand is Zane Hellas. In my experience, I had a tooth abscess which had caused my whole jaw to swell. I used oil of oregano full strength... ONE drop at the gum line after drying my mouth of saliva and then drank a glass of water after waiting about 6o seconds.

BE CAREFUL. It BURNS and will actually cause skin to peel... My plan was to repeat in 2 hours. IN that time frame the swelling was halved. After the second drop in two hours the swelling was minimal. After the 3rd drop the swelling was gone.
    Yes, many thanks, I do — and also Tea Tree oil, Peppermint oil, Colloidal silver (I have a little generator), and lots of MMS.

About a week before my interesting and clear "you need antibiotics" download, I started applying Tea Tree oil to my finger, and it was making no difference. Then I switched to Oregano oil, and yes, my finger did begin to shrivel up like a prune. It seemed to be working.

But it was then that I got the download, saw the vet, and was alerted to the real danger of sepsis. That sounded like something you just don't wanna mess with.

I "asked" wherever the message came from (and it might have been my own depth mind: I'm not claiming any angelic intervention!) if maybe I was okay after all, and also "asked" about MMS.

But the "you need antibiotics right now" message — or whatever it was! — still came through clearly. And now it's pretty much healed already. I'm taking probiotics between the antibiotics (not at the same time), and will dose up on them heavily when the course is finished in a few days.

I take Peppermint oil (just a careful drop at a time in the back of my throat) if ever I seem to develop a little "tickle". It clears it instantly. I also brush my teeth in it, instead of toothpaste: 2-3 drops on the toothbrush, no more.

And once or twice, sensing something may not be quite right, I take Oregano oil internally, mixed with a spoon of olive oil, up to 10-12 drops at a time. That also works instantly and appears to do no harm at all.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (17th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), DeDukshyn (17th May 2021), Delight (18th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Donald Ryan (17th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (17th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), TomKat (17th May 2021), Yoda (17th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

I am on a course of antibiotics for my abscessed tooth. The pain is excruciating. I was popping T1s like candy to no avail. Finally on Friday I went to the dentist. The painkiller I am on is amazing, lasting a full 8 hours. I let each dose wear off to judge how much the pain has or has not subsided - an indicator of whether the antibiotic is working yet. 4 days later and I am still in tremendous pain.

I cannot afford the usual pulling of the tooth because this one is visibly in front. I need to prepare by getting dentures made and all that.

Aging is an insult. Age brings down even the best and strongest of us.

After the protocol my body will call for more fruits and vegetables and maybe even specific foods will be craved until my gut recovers from the destruction caused by the antibiotics.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (17th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,639 times in 2,597 posts

https://www.healthline.com/health/ti...s#tissue-salts
    https://homeopathyplus.com/tissue-sa...me-prescriber/

Often tissue salts can be helpful, especially if taken when symptoms first become apparent. There is a couple of links above listing cell salts indicated for symptoms present.

Silica can help cells to open a channel through skin to release toxins. Kali Sulph is indicated when there is green pus or mucous present.

Also Wormwood tea can be used to clean out wounds mixed with tea tree oil and colloidal silver. I have used this on a dog's wound that had soil bacterial necrosis and wasn't expected to survive. The wound had become 8 inches in diameter, after 24 hours with tea tree washes, the pus and smell was gone. Then I applied Manuka honey for 24 hours and the whole wound turned a healthy pink and closed completely to the size of a quarter and all the fur grew back very quicly the following week. The vet was extremely surprised.

Wormwood tea and Tea oil has also been successfully used on Gangrene wounds during times of war and when other options were not available.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ernie Nemeth (17th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    But the "you need antibiotics right now" message — or whatever it was! — still came through clearly.
    My body told me I have prostate cancer. For a few months I had been mistakenly reading the word "cancer" when reading various things (only to find I'd misread). Then I had a dream where I had one of those old American cars where, to fill up the tank, you pull back the license plate and put the nozzle there. If the car was my body, it's like the doctor giving a prostate exam. I couldn't get the nozzle to go in to fill the tank. Then a voice said "that's because you have cancer." I kind of ignored it as dreamstuff and it said again, "that's because you have cancer."

So I started taking fish bendazole, bitter apricot kernels and CBD oil, and stopped all sexual activity. Eventually I started passing blood and brown or grey tissue on urination, but only when I spent the day in bed in "healing/feeling" mode. On a normal day that doesn't happen, I have to work on it. I expect that eventually I can coax my body to be rid of it entirely. If not, well it's slow-growing and people usually die of old age before dying of prostate cancer (unless they get a biopsy, which spreads it).
    Last edited by TomKat; 17th May 2021 at 16:01.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ernie Nemeth (17th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), Harmony (17th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (17th May 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Edgar Cayce said, "Castor oil loves a wound."
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 17th May 2021 at 14:56. Reason: Typo

22. Link to Post #32
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

My mom is a fan of modern medicine my godmother is a doctor. so I was soak into antibiotics when I was a kid and yes it does took a toll on my gut. My gut been so weak until I started eating only when hungry then eventually once a day. All of my gut problems lately which is rare, is cured by a simple water fast. for 1 or 2 days max.
    Yes antibiotics saved me when I had a freak accident. I will try colloidal silver as mentioned by Painter above.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), Harmony (18th May 2021), O Donna (18th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (18th May 2021)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member UNEEKSTUF's Avatar
    Thanks

After weeks of using oregano oil, colloidal silver and grapefruit seed extract my infection was not improving. I had to succumb to antibiotics.
    Sometimes you just need to go with the conventional medicine. Thanks for sharing your story, Bill!

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to UNEEKSTUF For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), Harmony (19th May 2021), O Donna (18th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (18th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (18th May 2021)

26. Link to Post #34
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 times in 149 posts

I know it's a bit of a random suggestion, but when reading a thread and then suddenly a 20 year old memory pops in your head, then I can't help but wonder that maybe I should step back from my shy nature and just mention it.

I remember reading about someone having a seriously infected hand wound that wouldn't heal, no matter the ointment or antibiotic prescribed to him.
    The suffering individual received the suggestion from a local of a Papaya poultice for the infected wound, and thankfully found the wound healed in a few days.
    Afterwards the logical consideration was maybe the papain enzyme content was the reason for the healing But perhaps it's just the fruits nature!

Hopefully your wound is already healing well, but chose to mention this anyway. Heck I have no idea if Ecuador even has Papayas.
    Last edited by Jambo; 18th May 2021 at 20:36. Reason: spelling mistake

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), Harmony (19th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (19th May 2021), Sue (Ayt) (18th May 2021)

28. Link to Post #35
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Just an FYI, fish antibiotics are the same as human antiboitcs (come from the same place!) and are cheap and require no prescription, TONS of info on them and their use for humans; amoxicillin cephalexin, metronidazole, ciprofloxacin... etc they cover all the good stuff.

I suggest always having some on hand, just incase. (topically I use local honey and coconut oil for the same effect)

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Dentists routinely prescribe antibiotics after an extraction, at least the ones I have visited did. ...
    The irony of dentists not knowing, or caring, or not being taught, or being able to figure out or learn on their own, that healthy mouth flora is what keeps your mouth healthy (NOT a lack of bacteria), and that routine antibiotics aren't doing one any favours in that arena. Antibiotics are for fighting tough infections and should never be used otherwise.
    I ignored the dentists anti-biotics and couldn't eat for a couple weeks from infection pain (I'm stubborn AF and let my body fight it off, plus a nice fast is always welcome).

your mouth, nose and ears have extremely small capillaries and orally ingested antibiotics have a difficult time in those areas.
    Last edited by TargeT; 18th May 2021 at 21:24.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Ernie Nemeth (18th May 2021), Ewan (20th May 2021), Harmony (19th May 2021), Hym (20th May 2021), Jambo (18th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (19th May 2021), TomKat (18th May 2021), UNEEKSTUF (21st May 2021)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States On Sabbatical avatar's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean by no yeast? Does this include yeasted breads? Please clarify.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to avatar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Harmony (21st May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (19th May 2021), TargeT (19th May 2021)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by avatar (here)
    The only yeast-free bread I know of is sourdough, although not the commercial kind. The traditional way of making it is to take a piece from a batch before it goes in the oven, and use it as a starter to get the new batch fermenting.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

avatar (23rd May 2021), Bill Ryan (19th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Harmony (21st May 2021), Hym (20th May 2021), Stephanie (19th May 2021), TargeT (19th May 2021)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by avatar (here)
    The only yeast-free bread I know of is sourdough, although not the commercial kind. The traditional way of making it is to take a piece from a batch before it goes in the oven, and use it as a starter to get the new batch fermenting.
    Sourdough uses a certain kind of yeast.. but still yeast... bread won't rise with out yeast

the only "traditional bread" that doesn't have yeast is Irish Soda Bread because it's made with baking soda instead of yeast.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avatar (23rd May 2021), Bill Ryan (19th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Franny (21st May 2021), Harmony (21st May 2021), Hym (20th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Stephanie (19th May 2021)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

I was out for a short hike and realized I had a slightly painful patch on my lower leg. At home took a good look and realized it was MRSA cellulitis again. Attacked it alternating with turpentine and oregano oil for a few hours, then wrapped it up with fine chopped garlic for 20 min. Then went back to alternating oregano oil and turpentine. Went to bed with turmeric poultice and resumed the oregano/turpentine the next day. It was gone by the following day but I continued for another day or two. Also swallowed oregano and turpentine for this one as it can become systemic.

Other infections get the same oregano/turpentine treatment now.

It was my second time with MRSA and got over it quickly. The first time was quite a bit worse as I did not know how to treat it and went to my Dr. She treated it with a drug from the Cipro family and a few others as I couldn't tolerate the Cipro. Finally I alternated oregano oil and turpentine and that took care of it.

Also used it for an infected finger!

Hope this helps others with a similar situation.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th May 2021), De Christu (21st May 2021), Delight (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Harmony (21st May 2021), Hym (20th May 2021), palehorse (21st May 2021), Pam (21st May 2021), Stephanie (21st May 2021), TomKat (21st May 2021)

38. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,373 times in 1,568 posts

I forgot to mention before, I used to have a serious issue with fungi in my leg, I first developed this condition due to a neoprene suit I used to wear to surf cold water, the problem developed because after my surf sessions, I used to keep that suit for like an hour or two before taking a proper bath and change new clothes (totally my fault), since then I tried all sort of creams for topical use, but failed miserably, nothing solved the problem and I had to live with that for a couple years, until I found due to trial and error a cream that treats skin inflammation and infections, it is called "econazole nitrate" and "triamcinolone acetonide" (very often combined with econazole), it is a drug and is classified as "Imidazole antifungal" and it treats: ringworm, jock itch, athlete's foot, yeast infection, tinea versicolor among other skin deceases... It is available over the counter, the small box (15Grams) cost around $2 or $3 and it last long, in my case when it shows up, 1 or 2 days applying it, and the skin is good as new.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st May 2021), Denise/Dizi (25th May 2021), Pam (21st May 2021), Stephanie (21st May 2021), TomKat (21st May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast