1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,273 times in 21,091 posts

Exclamation Manipulating Your Mind ... War on Words

• Manipulating Your Mind: War on Words

Just when you thought they couldn’t do more harm, Wilkow says leftists have been debauching our language for YEARS! When left-wing ideas fail, leftists just change the meaning of the words to make their failing ideas sound brand-new. Still skeptical? Wilkow has examples and outlines exactly how the Left has been distorting and manipulating our words, which trigger thoughts. Then former police officer Steve Pomper joins to discuss what went wrong in Seattle. And BlazeTV’s Hilary Kennedy stops by to talk about mask and vaccine hysteria (spoiler: it’s ridiculous).
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hermoor (17th May 2021), Hym (18th May 2021), Inversion (17th May 2021), Jaye B. (17th May 2021), Mercedes (17th May 2021), Mike (17th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), pueblo (17th May 2021), RunningDeer (17th May 2021), thepainterdoug (17th May 2021), toppy (17th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,583 times in 5,714 posts

Default Re: Manipulating Your Mind ... War on Words

********bump**********

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (17th May 2021), Hermoor (17th May 2021), Hym (18th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), RunningDeer (17th May 2021), toppy (18th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    ********bump**********
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hermoor (17th May 2021), Hym (18th May 2021), Mike (18th May 2021), RunningDeer (17th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,467 times in 572 posts

The first book I bought when I was 18 in the Navy at my first duty station was a Thesaurus. It is one of my prized possessions that I still have today. [I lost a lot in the last move.] Since every english word seems to have at least a dozen different, similar meaning words, it was important for me to have to understand people better and easier.

I noticed in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes he never repeated an adjective. I learned about 9oo new adjectives just from that one piece of work.

To address the first 16 minutes of the video: War on Words. Most american politicians were lawyers. It is my thought that practising law should be more of a science than the art that it is. Documents that are subjected to 'living and breathing' status like the american constitution are at the expense of the left changing the definitions as they see fit, precisely what the video is explaining.

If the definitions of words are set into stone, and understood as such, the science of the law would take over for the benefit of all involved. There would not be any necessary intervention on what definitions are, or are to be; nor any lengthy conversation needed.

Here's an example of the confusion. American conservatives are the right sided republicans. The English Tories have been using the conservative label for the past 25 years, slowly distancing themselves from the Tory label which is very liberal. I've been observing the politics of Ireland and England for almost 3 years and it is amazing the differences compared to american politics. The english are very aware of their language and their ability to change word definitions or labels as well.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (17th May 2021), Hym (18th May 2021), Mike (18th May 2021), O Donna (17th May 2021), Sunny-side-up (18th May 2021), toppy (18th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Thanks

Question Re: Manipulating Your Mind ... War on Words

Am I correct to assume that Liberals overall has/have more "Alpha Science Types" (Linguists, Psychology, Art, Music, Actors, Creativity) and Conservatives overall have/has more "Beta Science Types" (Math, Exact Science, Statisticians, Chemists, Computer Programmers etc.) ?

... if so that may partially explain why overall Democrats are far more creative & superior in manipulating language in such a way it is almost like talking to a hypnotist giving you the illusion they listen to you but actually have 1000s of ways to distract you away from the point you are trying to make.

Just an hilarious observation coming from a guy living in The Netherlands raised by classical Liberal family & friends

cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th May 2021 at 13:44.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hym (18th May 2021), Mercedes (17th May 2021), Mike (18th May 2021), toppy (18th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread