+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jack Parsons, Ron Hubbard, Black Magic, Synchs And Me

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Default Jack Parsons, Ron Hubbard, Black Magic, Synchs And Me

So this is sort of interesting...

I was sent this documentary about Parsons and Hubbard by a close friend recently. The man who put the doc together and narrates it is a guy called Thomas Sheridan, who fancies himself a magician in the mold of Parsons. Like a pagan magician I think. Something like that.

A day or so prior to that this same friend sent me link to a FB group of Sheridan's, which is centered around Fortean stuff, high strangeness, so forth. Right up my alley. But outside of this forum I'm not much of a group guy, so although I was mildly interested I didn't look at it.

Anyway, about an hour before I watched the doc I just randomly picked a book off my bookshelf - 'Operation Trojan Horse', by John Keel. And then I flipped to a random page. And that page described the "ghost rockets" that appeared over Sweden in the 50 and 60's. No one could sort out what those ghost rockets were. And then, while watching the doc, the same topic was discussed. The doc suggests Parson's and Hubbard's occult activity ripped a hole in space/time and invited them in somehow.

I thought it was strange that such an obscure topic revealed itself to me twice in one day.

Then, last night, another friend of mine kind of spontaneously mentioned commenting of this Thomas guy's FB page. Well it turns out it's the same Thomas who put together the doc, Thomas Sheridan. The same Thomas who organized the Fortean FB group. This friend is sort of a fan of the guy, and gave me a brief history of him and his activities etc.

Another interesting synch.

So I feel like a flake for embracing this synch stuff too much, but I feel foolish for discarding it. So I'm somewhere in synch no man's land at the moment. But I did mention in a thread here just days ago that I was looking for another forum or group to expand my horizons a little; and then I got the link to the FB group from my friend, which was by a man - Sheridan - that another close friend followed closely (neither of them had ever mentioned this man once before), and then there was the thing about the Swedish "ghost rockets"...

I dunno. But I feel compelled to follow the omens.

Setting all that aside, give this doc a watch. It's fascinating.. as all weird, occult-type sh!t always is. There's black magic, rocketry, love triangles, and Aleister Crowley. Can't beat it. An hour and 48 mins long:
    Last edited by Mike; 23rd May 2021 at 19:31.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

aoibhghaire (23rd May 2021), atman (23rd May 2021), Bill Ryan (23rd May 2021), Bluegreen (23rd May 2021), Chip (23rd May 2021), cursichella1 (27th May 2021), DeDukshyn (25th May 2021), Dorjezigzag (23rd May 2021), Ernie Nemeth (23rd May 2021), ExomatrixTV (24th May 2021), Franny (24th May 2021), Gracy (23rd May 2021), Innocent Warrior (24th May 2021), Inversion (23rd May 2021), Jad (23rd May 2021), Kalamos (23rd May 2021), Kryztian (23rd May 2021), leavesoftrees (24th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th May 2021), Matthew (23rd May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), palehorse (24th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021), TomKat (23rd May 2021), toppy (24th May 2021), Violet3 (24th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Jack Parsons, Ron Hubbard, Black Magic, Synchs And Me

This story has fueled a lot of media content, including the CBS TV show Strange Angel and the movie, The Master. Undoubtedly one of Hubbard's personalities continued an interest in Crowley's work, while the other was more interested in psychologists like Maslow.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

atman (24th May 2021), Bill Ryan (23rd May 2021), Bluegreen (23rd May 2021), Chip (23rd May 2021), cursichella1 (27th May 2021), Dorjezigzag (23rd May 2021), ExomatrixTV (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (24th May 2021), Inversion (23rd May 2021), Kryztian (23rd May 2021), Mike (23rd May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021), toppy (24th May 2021), Violet3 (24th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

Fans of Hubbard dispute how close Parsons was to Hubbard, but given Hubbard's extraordinary persuasive powers, the brutal nature of Hubbard's Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) (with it's origins in Hubbard's Mud Box Brigade, Rehabilitation Unit), Hubbard doesn't shine out as an angel. But very powerful. The occult totally figures in my mind, so I look twice at the Parsons Hubbard connection

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

atman (24th May 2021), Bill Ryan (23rd May 2021), Bluegreen (23rd May 2021), Chip (23rd May 2021), cursichella1 (27th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (24th May 2021), Inversion (24th May 2021), Kryztian (23rd May 2021), Mike (23rd May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021), toppy (24th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,175 times in 10,105 posts

Thank you for posting Mike I'm right across the alley

Jack Parsons Rocket Scientist

He was born Marvel Whiteside Parsons in 1914 and named after his father — but when Marvel Sr. left the family, his mother took to calling him John. Then, after an out of body experience well into his occult days, he was called Belarion Armiluss Al Dajjal, Antichrist, and finally just Jack. Although Parsons came from a wealthy family, he himself seemed to have little regard for money. At various times in his life he was fabulously wealthy, living next door to beer baron August Busch in a huge mansion, and at others illegally making and selling nitroglycerin in his garage to pay the rent.

When he was 14 years old, Parsons started experimenting with fuel that could be used to propel rockets. He didn’t graduate from college but opted to work for Hercules Powder and then Halifax Explosives which was in the Mojave Desert.

Suicide Squad

Parsons and his best friend Edward S. Forman got their kicks from experimenting with rockets and explosives in the Arroyo Seco in Pasadena. They made connections at the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (GALCIT). Parsons, Foreman, and Caltech grad student Frank Malina (later of NASA) were dubbed the "Suicide Squad" by students after nearly killing themselves in the desert several times. In 1944, GALCIT became the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and Parsons is credited with being one of the founders. Later, when Parsons' extracurricular activities became more well known, Caltech kicked him out.

In 1939, Parsons was introduced to the works of Aleister Crowley, an occultist writer, practitioner of black magic and founder of the religion of Thelema. and he joined the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO), an international secret society led by Crowley. Parsons joined the OTO’s local group called the Agape Lodge, which was based in Pasadena and led by Wilfred Smith.

In 1942 he, Forman, Malina and Theodore von Karman founded Aerojet Corporation whose first product was the Jet Assist Take Off (JATO) rocket motors, used extensively during WWII. The company did well.

With the money he was getting from Aerojet, Parsons could support his spiritual activities. He got a huge house on South Orange Grove Blvd. in Pasadena and relocated the Agape Lodge to the downstairs. He and adventurous wife Helen lived in the largest room upstairs and turned it into a temple. The other rooms were used by Smith and an unconventional and revolving group of occultists, eccentrics, artists, dope fiends, and engineers.

With so many people living in such close quarters, it didn’t take long for Smith and Helen to have an affair and a son. Parsons divorced Helen and immediately took up with her teenage sister, Sara Elizabeth Northrup, known as Betty.

About that time a man named L Ron Hubbard came on the scene, after receiving a medical discharge from the Navy at the Pasadena Area Station Hospital. Hubbard and Parsons met through a common interest in science fiction and the occult. Hubbard was looking for a place to land and moved into the house despite having a wife and two kids in Washington State, and it didn’t take the charismatic future Scientology founder long to integrate himself into the life and practices of the group.

Parsons and Hubbard engaged in an 11-day, multi-stage, ceremonial ritual called Babalon Working to manifest the “Scarlet Woman,” fulfilling a prophecy of Aleister Crowley, who had been in close contact with Parsons. Their success or failure has been debated ever since. Crowley, for his part, called them "fools".

There's a whole season of soap operas between the Rocket Scientist and the Founder.

Parsons needed income, so he and Hubbard and Betty started a new business venture called Allied Enterprises. They were planning to buy sail boats on the East Coast and bring them to California for resale. Hubbard contributed about $1,100 to the company against Parsons nearly $21,000. In April 1946, Hubbard and Betty left town with the majority of Allied’s money and were found living on a boat in Miami with no intention of returning to California. Parsons went to Florida and discovered that Hubbard had actually bought three boats. Parsons sued Hubbard who was ordered to give Parsons two of the boats and repay the money he absconded with, which he never did. Then Hubbard married Betty. Then Parsons married Elizabeth Cameron, whom he believed had been conjured by himself and Hubbard during the Babalon Working ritual.

In order to make ends meet later in his life, Parsons found work at North American Aviation Company and later Hughes Aircraft. While at Hughes Aircraft, Parsons was working with Israel to design and build a plant to develop explosives and armaments. He used his security clearance, necessary to work with governments and rockets, to take home confidential documents. He claimed they were old ones he was using to add to his resume, but the FBI started investigating him for spying. This got him fired from Hughes.

Parsons never stopped experimenting with new ideas on his own, and on June 17, 1952, there was an explosion which neighbors a mile away heard. Parsons blew himself up, and died shortly after arriving at the hospital. He was 37 years old. His mother lived nearby, and they had always maintained a very close relationship. She was distraught about the death of her son, and immediately overdosed on sleeping pills and died in her chair.

Parsons legacy included many patents for liquid and solid fuel for rockets. A specimen of one of his solid fuel motors is on display at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. In 1972 he was honored by having a crater on the moon name after him. The crater is simply called "Parsons" and it is located, appropriately, on the dark side of the Moon.

Jack Parsons' birth chart

Sources
    https://www.bustle.com/p/12-facts-ab...g-life-9377799
    https://forgottennewsmakers.com/2010...ist-occultist/
    Canter, John – Sex and Rockets, The Occult World of Jack Parsons

(11:51)

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1418392

8. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

aoibhghaire (23rd May 2021), atman (24th May 2021), Chip (23rd May 2021), cursichella1 (27th May 2021), Dorjezigzag (24th May 2021), ExomatrixTV (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (24th May 2021), Inversion (23rd May 2021), Jad (23rd May 2021), Kryztian (23rd May 2021), leavesoftrees (24th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th May 2021), Matthew (24th May 2021), Mike (24th May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), palehorse (24th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021), TomKat (24th May 2021), toppy (24th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,175 times in 10,105 posts

CameronParsonsFdn

Jack Parsons 60th Anniversary.mov

Includes interviews with since deceased friends and associates.

(4:23)

On June 17, 1952, rocket scientist Jack Parsons, a founder of Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and inventor of the solid fuel that would put man on the moon, died in an explosion of still mysterious origins at his home laboratory in a Pasadena garage.

His widow, Marjorie Cameron Parsons (1922-1995), known personally and professionally as Cameron, fled to Mexico after the fatal blast, but returned to California. A talented painter, she became part of the Los Angeles avant-garde art scene, and made a daring appearance in Kenneth Anger's underground film "Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome." Her work has been celebrated in major exhibitions in NY, LA, and abroad.

Cameron "Self Portrait - The Black Egg"

Songs for the Witch Woman – Tour of Cameron artwork (0:59)

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1418678

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

aoibhghaire (23rd May 2021), atman (24th May 2021), Chip (23rd May 2021), cursichella1 (27th May 2021), Dorjezigzag (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (24th May 2021), Inversion (24th May 2021), Kryztian (23rd May 2021), Mike (24th May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), palehorse (24th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021), toppy (24th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks Bluegreen! That's all excellent stuff. Appreciate it.

I knew the ending was going to be sad but i never imagined he'd blow himself up. I'm happy to hear his wife went on to have some artistic success. I don't think that was mentioned in the doc.
    Last edited by Mike; 24th May 2021 at 00:30.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (24th May 2021), Inversion (24th May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021), toppy (24th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

I only now just gone done sending you some messages on Skype and I mentioned that I’m reading Keel’s “Our haunted planet”. I’m up to the part where he lists accounts of different people’s accounts of experiences with black majick who went on to become cult leaders shortly after. He discussed Hubbard. . Do you have that book? Deep, deep, dive. I love Keel for a few reasons but one of them being his willingness to follow the evidence no matter how far down the rabbit hole it leads. Great book.

Thanks for the vid, will watch today.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Inversion (24th May 2021), Mike (24th May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021), toppy (24th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    I only now just gone done sending you some messages on Skype and I mentioned that I’m reading Keel’s “Our haunted planet”. I’m up to the part where he lists accounts of different people’s accounts of experiences with black majick who went on to become cult leaders shortly after. He discussed Hubbard. . Do you have that book? Deep, deep, dive. I love Keel for a few reasons but one of them being his willingness to follow the evidence no matter how far down the rabbit hole it leads. Great book.

Thanks for the vid, will watch today.

Awesome. Thx. No I don't have that book but I'll get it! I have 3 of his: The Mothman Prophecies, Operation Trojan Horse, The Eighth Tower. Mothman Prophecies and The Eighth Tower were originally intended as one book but the publisher made him split them up because it was a bit long. Anyway, it's useful to read them back to back. As I was saying to you before in skype and I'll say it here because I welcome the opportunity to praise him whenever i can: he's a veritable encyclopedia of information and knowledge about all things occult and paranormal, and he did his work all pre internet...traveling, reading books and periodicals, and hunched over microfiche machines for hours on end all over the world. He deserves a thread of his own actually.

Can you talk a little about what he says about Hubbard?
    Last edited by Mike; 24th May 2021 at 16:57.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (25th May 2021), Inversion (24th May 2021), leavesoftrees (25th May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Quote So I feel like a flake for embracing this synch stuff too much
    Yes that is the societal conditioning. The word wyrd used to mean following ones own destiny, the wyrding way, a journey signposted by synchronicities. Now wyrd has become weird and no one wants to be that. Especially men !

Certain people with power and influence would rather we did not have certain occult knowledge and we do a good job of policing ourselves. Obviously it can be evil and dangerous but it really depends on the intent and practice. Too many people are throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

atman (24th May 2021), Bluegreen (24th May 2021), Delight (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (25th May 2021), Inversion (24th May 2021), Matthew (24th May 2021), Mike (24th May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 times in 1,631 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    CameronParsonsFdn

Jack Parsons 60th Anniversary.mov

Includes interviews with since deceased friends and associates.

(4:23)

On June 17, 1952, rocket scientist Jack Parsons, a founder of Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and inventor of the solid fuel that would put man on the moon, died in an explosion of still mysterious origins at his home laboratory in a Pasadena garage.

His widow, Marjorie Cameron Parsons (1922-1995), known personally and professionally as Cameron, fled to Mexico after the fatal blast, but returned to California. A talented painter, she became part of the Los Angeles avant-garde art scene, and made a daring appearance in Kenneth Anger's underground film "Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome." Her work has been celebrated in major exhibitions in NY, LA, and abroad.
    Peter Moon developed a friendship with Cameron before her death. The following was in his book Synchronicity and the Seventh Seal. She starred in a 1956 short film called The Wormwood Star. Peter's Books
    IMDb
    The film features paintings by Marjorie Cameron that were later ritually destroyed by her. This film is the only record of some of them. Trivia

There's a similar logic in the names of the Bonanza episodes.
    Bonanza
    Episodes
    The show ran for 14 seasons from 09/12/1959 to 01/16/1973 with 431 episodes.
    S1, E31- Dark Star
    S1, E32- Death at Dawn
    S2, E7- Day of Reckoning
    S2, E8- The Abduction
    S3, E26- Look to the Stars
    S7, E1- The Dilemma
    S7, E4- The Other Son (Sun)
    S7, E21- The Code
    S8, E26- Dark Enough to See the Stars
    S8, E31- The Wormwood Cup
    S9, E4- Judgement at Olympus
    S9, E5- Night of Reckoning
    S9, E6- False Witness
    S9, E11- Six Black Horses (The black horse in the bible holds the scales)
    S9, E18- The Burning Sky
    S9, E23- Star Crossed
    S10, E30- A Ride in the Sun
    S12, E22- The Silent Killer
    S12, E25- A Time to Die
    S12, E26- Winter Kill
    S14, E10- The Hidden Enemy

Bonanza Trivia
    Quote Several actors and actresses from Star Trek: The Original Series (1966) appeared as guest stars: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Grace Lee Whitney, Majel Barrett, and Walter Koenig.
    It's also interesting that Lorne Greene went on to star in Battlestar Galactica as Commander Adama (1978). IMDb

References to Wormwood in the Bible: Bible Hub

I was taken to The Ponderosa Ranch theme park near Lake Tahoe when I was a kid. I recall getting a tin cup with the four main characters on it from the gift shop. Ponderosa Ranch
    Last edited by Inversion; 24th May 2021 at 22:22.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

atman (24th May 2021), Bluegreen (24th May 2021), Dorjezigzag (24th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (25th May 2021), Journeyman (17th November 2022), Mike (24th May 2021), O Donna (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Well hello there, look at us interacting in public without disagreeing.

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Awesome. Thx. No I don't have that book but I'll get it!
    Cool, I think you’ll find it entertaining and interesting. It was published the year after OTH. He chronicles a massive range of Fortean phenomena across the world and history. It’s written well and he approaches his assessment of it from a scientific perspective but with an open and critical mind, as usual. It seems to be too out there for a lot of people, some of his theories are based on some science that’s outdated now and, as I touched on in my previous post, he doesn’t hold back on exploring wherever the evidence takes him. He loses some people with that approach but I love it, I enjoy exploring it with him, he has some fascinating ideas and his research is thorough, broad, and historical. I much prefer his approach over the usual rigid, dull, safer approaches that never break through into new territory. I personally think that the ability to explore and approach things in different ways is far more valuable than staying safe and ensuring no mistakes are made. At the end of the day we can have a thorough look at all the Fortean stuff but it’s what we do with it that’s the exciting part. Keel’s approach is always exciting.

Quote Can you talk a little about what he says about Hubbard?
    Sure! I’ll add a bit of extra context first. The point of the chapter is to point out the manipulation of contactees by ultraterrestrials. It ends with a few examples of contactees who practiced black magic.

I’ll begin with Crowley, who had visitations from an angel. Parsons joined Crowley’s cult in 1939 and practiced the occult and magic. Parsons met and became close friends with Hubbard in 1946. Hubbard said he had a personal angel he called the empress.

According to Parsons, he and Hubbard would perform secret rites and conjure up demons and elementals together. He told of an incident when Hubbard was struck on his right shoulder while they were saying incantations, it knocked the candle out of his hand. They both saw a seven foot, brownish yellow light and it disappeared after Parsons brandished a magical sword. Hubbard’s right arm was paralysed for the rest of that night.

Hubbard proposed a business venture and Parson’s gave him $17k for it. Hubbard then stole his girlfriend, took off with the money and bought himself a yacht. In a letter to Crowley, Parson’s wrote that he was perusing Hubbard and he would be jailed if he made any movement but most of the money had been spent. Hubbard tried escaping Parsons by setting sail and cursing Parsons. Hubbard was forced back to port after the sails were ripped off in bad weather. Parsons took possession of the yacht.

Keel then goes on to provide a little background on Hubbard. He served as a marine, studied engineering and was a prolific sci fi writer. He wrote Dianetics (considered to be pseudo pscych) in 1948. John Campbell, a sci fi writer and editor, and one of Hubbard’s first patients, was impressed and persuaded Hubbard to write an article on it for his magazine. It was wildly popular with the sci fi crowd and Hubbard wrote the full book shortly after, a best seller. This gave birth to a highly lucrative cult, which later became Scientology.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 25th May 2021 at 04:03. Reason: Typos

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

atman (25th May 2021), leavesoftrees (25th May 2021), Mike (25th May 2021), skogvokter (25th May 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Norway Avalon Member skogvokter's Avatar
    Thanks

The TV-show Strange Angel is canceled.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/strange...s-no-season-3/
    Last episode of season 2 Strange Angel goes there, teases Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard at season end.
    https://tonyortega.org/2019/07/31/st...at-season-end/

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skogvokter For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (25th May 2021), Inversion (25th May 2021), Mike (25th May 2021), TomKat (25th May 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Well hello there, look at us interacting in public without disagreeing.

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Awesome. Thx. No I don't have that book but I'll get it!
    Cool, I think you’ll find it entertaining and interesting. It was published the year after OTH. He chronicles a massive range of Fortean phenomena across the world and history. It’s written well and he approaches his assessment of it from a scientific perspective but with an open and critical mind, as usual. It seems to be too out there for a lot of people, some of his theories are based on some science that’s outdated now and, as I touched on in my previous post, he doesn’t hold back on exploring wherever the evidence takes him. He loses some people with that approach but I love it, I enjoy exploring it with him, he has some fascinating ideas and his research is thorough, broad, and historical. I much prefer his approach over the usual rigid, dull, safer approaches that never break through into new territory. I personally think that the ability to explore and approach things in different ways is far more valuable than staying safe and ensuring no mistakes are made. At the end of the day we can have a thorough look at all the Fortean stuff but it’s what we do with it that’s the exciting part. Keel’s approach is always exciting.

Quote Can you talk a little about what he says about Hubbard?
    Sure! I’ll add a bit of extra context first. The point of the chapter is to point out the manipulation of contactees by ultraterrestrials. It ends with a few examples of contactees who practiced black magic.

I’ll begin with Crowley, who had visitations from an angel. Parsons joined Crowley’s cult in 1939 and practiced the occult and magic. Parsons met and became close friends with Hubbard in 1946. Hubbard said he had a personal angel he called the empress.

According to Parsons, he and Hubbard would perform secret rites and conjure up demons and elementals together. He told of an incident when Hubbard was struck on his right shoulder while they were saying incantations, it knocked the candle out of his hand. They both saw a seven foot, brownish yellow light and it disappeared after Parsons brandished a magical sword. Hubbard’s right arm was paralysed for the rest of that night.

Hubbard proposed a business venture and Parson’s gave him $17k for it. Hubbard then stole his girlfriend, took off with the money and bought himself a yacht. In a letter to Crowley, Parson’s wrote that he was perusing Hubbard and he would be jailed if he made any movement but most of the money had been spent. Hubbard tried escaping Parsons by setting sail and cursing Parsons. Hubbard was forced back to port after the sails were ripped off in bad weather. Parsons took possession of the yacht.

Keel then goes on to provide a little background on Hubbard. He served as a marine, studied engineering and was a prolific sci fi writer. He wrote Dianetics (considered to be pseudo pscych) in 1948. John Campbell, a sci fi writer and editor, and one of Hubbard’s first patients, was impressed and persuaded Hubbard to write an article on it for his magazine. It was wildly popular with the sci fi crowd and Hubbard wrote the full book shortly after, a best seller. This gave birth to a highly lucrative cult, which later became Scientology.

You're in love with me, aren't you? It's okay, this is just between me, you, our members, and the roughly 1000 guests present at the moment. Let's just begin our romance now, just like Jack and Marjorie..minus the mercury fulminate of course. It's been painful watching you pretend to disagree with me all the time, especially when I know that deep down all you want to do is nurture my genius.

That was an excellent summary of Keel's book btw. Thanks. Meet me at the Agape lodge tomorrow at midnight for further discussion. You'll find me outside at the fire pit, dripping my blood and saliva into the flames while naming moon craters after you. Romantic, no? Oh, and wear something nice. Like a bikini.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (25th May 2021), Innocent Warrior (25th May 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Haha, OMG, shameless. How to kill your own thread. ^^^

Mike. That was wildly off topic.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Mike (25th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread