+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 3 13 18 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in what's happening in China?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: Anyone interested in what's happening in China?

I see that my post maybe was too controversial and had to be removed? It would be nice when a post is deleted that the author be notified.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Alliamber (31st January 2011), cayman (20th January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), Victor laszlo (25th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    I see that my post maybe was too controversial and had to be removed? It would be nice when a post is deleted that the author be notified.
    Hi, Arrowwind. Nice to see you again! you mean your post in my first thread? Actually the thread was merged into another thread which I wasn´t told, later on I was told by webmaster that thread was removed by accident. Right back at you:¨It would be nice when a post is deleted that the author be notified.¨
    Anyhow, I would love to answer your question about DaLai Lama or Falungong-----if my memory is correct

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cayman For This Post:

jeannacav (21st January 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Cayman,i would like to give you my most warm welcome and thank you immensely for bringing some serious quality material back onto the avalon table,this is the type of thread that i could read on and on and on because in my view its extremely sensitive and important for the future of mankind,i agree with you when you mentioned that the people of china are most likely the strongest candidates for awakening due to their living conditions that are imposed unto them in a slavery manner,i despite that with all my heart,and if most of the chinese population would awaken from their slumber right now that would be enough people to change our planet in drastic ways in my opinion and i mean that.
    I give much more value to this thread than any of the Charles threads combined ,what you speak of are real issues real things that are going on in China right now and in my opinion everything that happens in China will in some way shape or form affect the rest of the world one way or another.Cayman we have at least one more chinese here on the forums her name is Yuhui i believe,but she isnt very active ,and as far as i know she is the only other chinese in here that also lives in China.
    Once again i am delighted to read this thread and i will be checking in from time to time to see its progress.
    This is important stuff in my opinion very important indeed!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arpheus For This Post:

58andfixed (21st January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), cayman (21st January 2011), Enquiring1 (26th January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), ponda (21st January 2011), write4change (21st January 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

Hi Cayman,

These lines really remind me of the time l lived in my communist country. I totally understand how it was.

Quote oppose? that's a funny word to use. People may think of a lot of thing in their head, they might only talk things to their closest friends, "quietly", very few people would come out and oppose anything---when they do, they will be harmonized
    for us then, it would be a one-way trip to the concentration camp.

Quote where there is tyranny, there will be revolt. tyranny give birth to "Awakening"
    In that tightly controlled society, so far all revolts were suppressed, bloodily and quietly, as no media knew about them. So for people who can't live under such regime, the only way out is to escape, a dangerous escape that might be paid with their own lives.

Quote they might be the most qualify people on the planet to Awakening----and that gives me hope!
    I sincerely hope so, too.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fifi For This Post:

Alliamber (31st January 2011), cayman (21st January 2011), Enquiring1 (26th January 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), Victor laszlo (25th January 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Cayman, I admire your courage in speaking the way you do.
    I am curious how you are able to connect to the internet, and if you are being monitored.
    Good luck to you.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jacob For This Post:

58andfixed (21st January 2011), cayman (21st January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

Quote Posted by cayman (here)
    people are forced to buy something solid like realestate,

as a matter of fact, nowadays in major cities I.E. Beijing, without relationship, you can't buy a condo even if you have enough money, the housing business is seething!
    average 70%(official number is 40%) people in China don't own a house themselves, and less than 5% people own more than 80% of the houses in China---- So you see, an unprecedented bubble is emerging.
    What is the conversation on the street about other "things" that hold value with inflation, such as precious metals ?

Privilege may grant access to more wealth with less effort, however the "laws" of economics usually "pops" bubbles sooner or later.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), write4change (25th January 2011)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Cayman, thank you for this thread and your courage -- very insightful.

Found this video on utoobe... I know you may not be able to see it however, I will embed it here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM

The new TV commercial by the Citizens Against Government Waste starts with a scene from the future. The year is 2030 and we are set in a university auditorium in Beijing, China. Called “Chinese Professor”, the ad shows a professor lecturing a class on world economic history. The premise is simple, great nations and empires all throughout history fell due to the same reason. They taxed and over-spent themselves into obscurity.

“Why do great nations fall?” the Chinese Professor asks. “The Ancient Greeks, the Roman Empire, the British Empire and the United States of America. They all make the same mistakes, turning their backs on the principles that made them great. America tried to spend and tax itself out of a great recession. Enormous so-called “stimulus” spending, massive changes to health care, government takeovers of private industries and crushing debt. Of course, we owned most of their debt (chuckle), so now they work for us!” This is followed by the whole class laughing.

Sound far-fetched? In less than two years, President Obama has spent our way an extra $3 Trillion dollars into deeper debt, with much more to come. It took George W. Bush 8 years to spend our way an extra $4.4 Trillion dollars. America’s debt is exploding as is the size of the government and the endless bailouts.

Today in the news, we have a call for another $363 Billion just to bailout Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. I’m sure they’ll need even more since they are still sitting on over $1.5 Trillion in subprime home mortgages. China announced that they will beginning buying addition American debt, probably to forestall any pressure to revalue their Yuan which is killing our Dollar.

Overseas in Europe, the two big stories this week are the protests in France over increasing the retirement age from 60 to 62. Violence and nationwide strikes are crippling France. Across ‘The Channel’ in England, David Cameron’s government has announced it’s plans for austerity, laying off 500,000 government employees and shutting down some 140 ministries and other agencies.

Bill Clinton declared in 1997 that the “Era of Big Government was over.” Unfortunately, it wasn’t. The government continues to grow is size. Our policies, laws and public programs are so expensive that they are crippling our economy, possibly permanently. Our spending levels are unsustainable and our taxes are suppressing any new growth.

So kudos to Citizens of Government Waste for their new TV ad. While it may be shocking, there is really nothing about this ad that is outside the realm of possibilities. Frankly, I do not think it will take till 2030 for China to own America. I’d guess 2015, if they don’t own us now already!

Source: http://beforeitsnews.com/story/365/6...UST_WATCH.html
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), Enquiring1 (26th January 2011), fifi (21st January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), write4change (21st January 2011)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arpheus (here)
    ......and if most of the chinese population would awaken from their slumber right now that would be enough people to change our planet in drastic ways in my opinion and i mean that.
    ...... in my opinion everything that happens in China will in some way shape or form affect the rest of the world one way or another.......
    Right on! that's exactly why I think there is still a good chance! It gives me hope and strength. Awakening in mass of Chinese population is important, but let's be realistic----it is very difficult, there's no easy way to,even for those PTB; on another hand, let people outside China know what's happening there is also important----When we pull little pieces of puzzle together to a more clear picture, there will be chemical reactions,chain reactions, brain waves are contagious---that's why I do what I'm doing, and I hope to see more and more Chinese to do that
    Last edited by cayman; 21st January 2011 at 17:43.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cayman For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), Enquiring1 (26th January 2011), fifi (21st January 2011), jeannacav (22nd January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), Reinhard (17th February 2011), s3nru (31st January 2011), Steven (28th January 2011), Victor laszlo (25th January 2011)

17. Link to Post #49
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Re: what's happening in China?

Quote Posted by cayman (here)
    What's really happening China--I: "prep work for Chinese version of Project Blue Beam"

here's a little tail: there's a most important newspaper in China, name"RenMinRiBao"(EN: people daily). in 26/12 2010, Page 3 (Top and Critical news section ), there's a report regard to the "Governments' disclosure movement of official ET files around the world", within that report, it specifically point out the "pine gap" as an Alien base which founded by US and Australia military joint-force. of course, the language or tongue in the Report is something like"it's said" or "the files suggest"..something like that, it's neither deny nor confirm, you catch my drift, but read between the line, for GOD sake! it's in the "People Daily" Top news section! it's something I never seen before!not in the last 30 years.
    Welcome to Avalon Cayman,

We really enjoy your input and on the ground views of what is really happening in China.

Question 1: What do you know about the the massive increase in Chinese Defense spending and the Chinese Military build up in the Southern Hemisphere?

Question 2: Regarding the 'People Daily' article on Australia's Pine Gap being an Alien Base? Can you give us a little more insight on what else was said about Pine Gap? i.e. Most Australians have absolutely NO IDEA there acually is such a place called Pine Gap, let alone knowing it is run by the CIA and American owned!

Question 3: I would be interested to know your thoughts on one of the latest Australian blockbuster movies called "Tomorrow When The War Began" which depicts a Chinese invasion of Australia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1456941/

We know how Hollywood and the PTB love to forwarn 'What is to come' in their movies'. I would be interested in your thoughts as to whether or not a Chinese Invasion of Australia is a possibilty? We know that China is trying to buy up as much of our best food and water producing lands and natural resources they can get their hands on and we know feeding 1.3 Billion people is already stretching your Countries resources. Putting 2 & 2 together these days nothing would suprise me!

Word of warning tho to the Chinese Communist Govt. if they did invade us they would lose! We love our Country and every last one of us would fight to the end to protect it, including our native wildlife.
    Last edited by jackovesk; 3rd February 2011 at 16:13.

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Your courage and spirit are golden inspiration Cayman,keep going my friend there is a long road ahead of us all .

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arpheus For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), cayman (17th February 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Default Away or Awake

Quote Posted by fifi (here)
    In that tightly controlled society, so far all revolts were suppressed, bloodily and quietly, as no media knew about them. So for people who can't live under such regime, the only way out is to escape, a dangerous escape that might be paid with their own lives.
    Escape. two way: first, physically out of the country----Migration ;second, mentally out of the harsh reality---Monachism.

Migration to developed countries, booming business in China, of course, only for first-class wealthy people. Conservatively, I would say at least 80% of the wealthy families(around 2 millions in total) in China have already change their nationality and ready to flee away anytime: usually they send their childrens to foreign schools at first, then one of the parents leave with the excuse of taking care of their childrens--and that's usually an one-way trip,the other one leave behind and keep making money,when things go wrong, they just fly out, family reunion---Migration mission completed! And there are countless wealthy(higher than middle-class but lower than the first class) but "know enough" type of people are trying to do the same thing. this kind of thing happen more and more often in the past 2 years,the business is too good, as a result, US, Canda,Australia have to raise the thresholdfor the "Investment Immigrant" from China rapidly and more frequently compare to the last 20 years-----If someone write a book name "How to flee China" and get published, that book must hit the best seller in China for years.
    some might wonder: why this wealthy people want to leave their own beloved country? ----'cause in a dictatorship country like China, very few people can make their way to the "First-Class" without doing some high-class crimes and corruptions,and they know the reality better than anyone else:the people are furious, the regime is tottering,it's just a matter of time---Confucius had a good saying:One should not stand under the walls of crisis. So, it's just a logical choice. oh, BTW, those first-class Investment Immigrants' migration route is always like this--first stop:Canada, destination: USA

Monachism was a tradition in China in the old days. By "monachism", I mean Buddhism and Taoism, mostly Buddhism. Usually two kind of people chose that road: most enlightening ones who search for the way to get the hell out of the earth and the poorest ones who just want a full stomach to live. It's a tradition last for thousands of years until 1949, since the Peoples Republic of China regime was established, this tradition almost disappeared especially between 1959 to 1989. Suddenly, in 1989, specifically after "Tiananmen square" incident, there was a booming growth of registerd buddhists' number, that trend last for 2 years. But from 1993 to 2003, the growth curve is fairly smooth. Then,from 2003, the number is rapidly increasing. In 1997, the official religion report(and the only one) from Chinese government claimed there were over 100 millions religious population in total in China,over 70 millions buddhists within the number( Mussulman 18 millions; Catholic 4 millions;Protestant 10 millions--source:http://www.china.com.cn/ch-book/zongjiao/zongjiao.htm )
    But right now, it's estimated that the buddhists in China is between 200 millions to 300 millions, almost 20% of the total Chinese population!
    the growth curve pictures and major data source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6025ebd50100dquh.html (note: the curve pictures in the source link is regard to the registerd buddhists, therefore the number is very small,but you catch the drift )
    I experience this amazing awakening around me all this years, one of my college friend became lay Buddhist when he was still in college--that's very rare among Chinese college students, at least back then. One months ago, out of the blue, another college friend told me that he is into buddhism now and plan to become a lay Buddhist---that's a shock! 'cause his job is inside the censorship system of the central government, if his colleagues know about that, he will lose everything! and now, he is a lay Buddhist.

a hot story last year:
    An undergraduate(math genius) of Beijing University(one of the best University in China), gave up his MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Offer to become a monk, link http://news.xinhuanet.com/2010-09/07/c_12525181.htm

when we are on a razor-edge, some just running crazy for their lives, some are doing nothing but bitching their bad luck, some are trying to grab gold and jewelry, some are playing music or dancing, some are busy helping others, some are praying for a miracle, some are just thankful and ready for another trip......----What a picture! someone should paint that picture out, one day, when we look at that it, a faint smile is the answer
    Last edited by cayman; 22nd January 2011 at 02:47.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cayman For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), Come As You Are (6th February 2011), Enquiring1 (26th January 2011), fifi (21st January 2011), jeannacav (22nd January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), nearing (10th February 2011), Reinhard (17th February 2011), Steven (28th January 2011), Victor laszlo (25th January 2011), write4change (21st January 2011)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

Quote Escape. two way: first, physically out of the country----Migration ;second, mentally out of the harsh reality---Monachism.
    Very accurate account of reality in a dictatorship/communist country. So glad to have you here, Cayman. There is a third way though, very dangerous, for the middle class. Escape by boat, or by land, and get accepted into a developed country as a political refugee. Of course the journey is very dangerous. Or another way, get married to a foreigner, so one can leave the country. But that case is not many, and not without risk, either. The escapee can be taken advantage of, like being sold into prostitution. But the point is, most people in a dictatorship country know what a "police-state" means. And now it seems that the so-called "free" country like USA is slowly turned into this kind of state. No where to run, hey?

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fifi For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), cayman (22nd January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), NoTingles (22nd January 2011), Steven (28th January 2011)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Fifi, you nailed it.

I was born in the USA, and for most of my life I swallowed the line that we have the best country in the world. Maybe it's not perfect, but by far the best. However, it becomes obvious to me these two things: First, the police state has been in force for my whole life, and second, we condemned anyone who would dare to warn us that the criminals we elected to government (Local and Federal) are dismantling the most highly evolved Republic in the history of mankind, that has been thousands of years in the making. It makes me sad when I realize that by our own refusal to see the truth, and inattention to the ways they have changed this country through treasonous "laws", we have in effect allowed it to slip through our fingers, and in some ways, demanded that it happen. The awakening must consist in realizing that it can and is happening. Until we admit it, changing it is impossible, and the NWO will have its way with us. The awakening thus must also consist in learning about who we are: I think that when that realization occurs, there is no way anyone will put up with being treated the way we have been so far.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NoTingles For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), maggie (24th January 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), Steven (28th January 2011), ThePythonicCow (22nd January 2011), Victor laszlo (25th January 2011)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jacob (here)
    I am curious how you are able to connect to the internet, and if you are being monitored.
    I don't konw if I'm being monitored now. But I'm sure sooner or later they will notice or focus.
    If I don't speak or do anything when I have a chance, or draw back in the middle because of fear, that is to say: they win it all and cost nothing!---Nah! it never be an option.
    But I'm not impulsive or naive, I know they have all the tools and toys can easily pinch anyone they want. So I'm doing everything I can to avoid that. It is a good game! Enjoy it.
    A quote from Wingmakers materials---"The dark side of predation,... sparks resourcefulness and innovation in its intended prey." It's too soon to tell who is the prey for now

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cayman For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), Enquiring1 (26th January 2011), jeannacav (22nd January 2011), maggie (24th January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), Steven (28th January 2011), write4change (25th January 2011)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 58andfixed (here)
    What is the conversation on the street about other "things" that hold value with inflation, such as precious metals ?
    Gold price and consumption is surging in China. Estimated SalesVolume of gold will surpass India and become No.1 in 2011. now many people buy gold in kilos, the largest gold bricks for sale is 50kg(http://www.njdushi.com/news/nj/1123/201012589.html),and this kind of huge gold brick(worth more than 2.5 millions US-dollar/unit) is demand exceeds supply

A little ingredient--Garlic's price climb up at least 300% in 2010. so even the poor and uneducated population know that No money safe in the Banks nowadays. you can expect the Gold price will also bubble in China

Quote Posted by 58andfixed (here)
    Privilege may grant access to more wealth with less effort, however the "laws" of economics usually "pops" bubbles sooner or later.

Yep, the laws never fail. the so call "Socialist-Capitalism" is something essentially like Privilege-Capitalism, this P-C is the best way in the history of producing the super-rich and the mass poor . Inflation is the last enemy of the poor---either die or fight
    Last edited by cayman; 22nd January 2011 at 02:37.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cayman For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), Alliamber (31st January 2011), Chuck (25th January 2011), Enquiring1 (26th January 2011), fifi (23rd January 2011), maggie (24th January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), Sol Va (31st January 2011)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

I will never be one to minimize or deny the outrageously criminal acts that have been perpetrated against other countries, and against the citizens of the United States as well, by a Rogue Banking/Military/Industrial regime that is totally out of control, and operating above the law that has been laid down by them for the rest of us to obey. But in 1949, a movement in China, funded and encouraged by world PTB, which includes some American citizens, was to grow into a behemoth beyond historical telling. This movement has grown to what we see today, and the Chinese people are subjected to on a daily basis. This movement in China spawned a regime of evil that makes all others in the world pale by comparison.

I posted several articles for Avalonians to read (https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...558#post100558) and to take aboard the threat this regime poses to the whole world. To the Avalonian who had a good laugh at me when I likened what has developed in China to the armies of Mordor, I will say this: There is nothing more dangerous to people of any country than bloody fools who think it makes them look well-informed when they gibber and laugh at those who sound the warning. You should be ashamed of yourself. And this will be all I say to you. Post whatever you like after this, but you might as well dash your head against the wall for all the good it will do.

Ten Things to Know About China as Hu Jintao Visits the United States
    Thu 20 Jan 2011 09:12
    http://beforeitsnews.com/story/368/5...ed_States.html
    17 Jan 2011

faluninfo.net/article/1113/?cid=84#9

NEW YORK—On the eve of Chinese leader Hu Jintao’s arrival in the United States for a state visit, the Falun Dafa Information Center urges the media, human rights groups, the American public, and especially, U.S. officials meeting with the delegation, to keep the following ten facts about China at the forefront of their minds.

1. The Chinese Communist Party is engaged in a widespread, systematic campaign against tens of millions of innocent people.
    2. The Chinese Communist Party’s campaign involves a deliberate top-down strategy to use extraordinary levels of violence.
    3. Falun Gong practitioners are the largest group of prisoners of conscience in the world, numbering in the hundreds of thousands at any given time.
    4. Every three days, a new case of a Falun Gong practitioner dying from abuse in police custody is reported.
    5. The victims of these atrocities are people from every walk of life in Chinese society.
    6. Falun Gong practitioners are not the only victims; all Chinese people are affected.
    7. The Communist Party has gone to great efforts to cover up and deflect attention from these crimes.
    8. A large-scale, grassroots Samizdat-like effort is informing Chinese people about persecution occurring in their neighborhoods, towns and cities.
    9. International public pressure does protect people in China.
    10. Communist Party officials have sought to expand the persecution of Falun Gong beyond China, including to the United States.

[see below for further details related to the points above.]
    [basic information about Falun Gong here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong]

“We hope those reading this list will seriously consider its implications. We urge them to take the steps that, in accordance with their own judgment and conscience, will most effectively mitigate the ongoing atrocities committed against Falun Gong practitioners in China,” said Falun Dafa Information Center spokesperson, Erping Zhang.

“This is not only for the sake of the practitioners and their families, but also for those forced to perpetrate these horrors. Moreover, it is imperative we do not sit idly by in the face of what Congressional members have referred to as ‘one of the most unjust and cruel persecutions of our times.’” (Congressional letter)

1. The Chinese Communist Party is engaged in a widespread, systematic campaign against tens of millions of innocent people. Since 1999, over 70 million Falun Gong practitioners in China have been at constant risk of detention, torture, and death because of their religious identity. Today, the lawlessness and brutality of the Party’s treatment of citizens who practiced Falun Gong remains staggering. In its effort to make every Falun Gong practitioner in China renounce his or her faith, the Communist Party is making full use of the panoply of resources at its disposal: judicial, extralegal, media, and perhaps most importantly, economic. A three-year reinvigorated forced conversion campaign launched in 2010 alone is costing billions of dollars (news).

2. The Chinese Communist Party’s campaign involves a deliberate top-down strategy to use extraordinary levels of violence. Large-scale abductions, detention in concentration camps, extreme torture, rape, psychiatric abuse, and extrajudicial killings are routine. In addition to eyewitness accounts by victims themselves, a wealth of third-party, independent documentation—and even Chinese official admissions—convey this reality (summary of U.N., Amnesty and other third-party reports). Yet, police officers, prison camp guards, and others who injure, maim, or even kill a Falun Gong practitioner face no prospects of punishment. On the contrary, monetary and other incentives are used to encourage violence against practitioners in order to meet “transformation” quotas. Trainings are conducted across labor camps and brainwashing centers on the most effective ways to “break” Falun Gong practitioners. Meanwhile, lawyers who seek to represent practitioners face harassment, disbarment, torture, and “disappearance.”

3. Falun Gong practitioners are the largest group of prisoners of conscience in the world, numbering in the hundreds of thousands at any given time. A 2009 study published by the group Chinese Human Rights Defenders found that, “Falun Gong practitioners make up one of the largest groups of detainees in [labor] camps.” Researcher Ethan Gutmann estimates, based on dozens of interviews with former detainees, that Falun Gong practitioners comprise 15 to 20 percent of those held in labor camps, prison camps, and long-term detention facilities. Drawing on credible reports of the overall population in these camps being between three and five million, Gutmann estimates that 450,000 to one million Falun Gong adherents are in detention at any given time. By comparison, Reporters without Borders cites 30 journalists and 77 “netizens” imprisoned in China. The highest estimates for Tibetans and Uyghurs held in custody do not rise above 10,000.

4. Every three days, a new case of a Falun Gong practitioner dying from abuse in police custody is reported. In total, since 1999, over 3,400 cases have been documented of Falun Gong practitioners who have died as a result of various forms of persecution. Though already reflecting large-scale abuses, these documented cases are only the tip of the iceberg, given the difficulty passing information on Falun Gong out of China. Moreover, these figures do not include cases of Falun Gong practitioners killed so that their organs could be used for transplants. Since 2006, a range of credible evidence and investigations have pointed to the existence, and likely continuation, of such forcible organ removal, but its full scale remains unknown. In either case, none of those killed committed any “crime” or engaged in any violent act. Rather, they sought only to peacefully pursue the spiritual path of their choice. (report)

5. The victims of these atrocities are people from every walk of life in Chinese society. A 25-year-old kindergarden teacher sexually abused in a Hebei labor camp (news); a former member of the National People’s Congress and model worker killed within five weeks of being abducted from her home in Hunan (news); an elderly couple in Inner Mongolia imprisoned, the husband denied adequate medical treatment (Amnesty International Urgent Action); a retired steelworker photographed with an emaciated chest and bloated stomach after being released from a prison camp (news); a high school student harassed by police after writing on an overseas website about how Falun Gong dramatically enabled him to recover from a life-threatening disease (news)

6. Falun Gong practitioners are not the only victims; all Chinese people are affected. The suppression of Falun Gong has been directed by the Communist Party and its security forces, but it has been executed with the help and acquiescence of hundreds of millions of Chinese citizens. Police officers who entered their profession in order to protect the people have been forced to imprison elderly women for meditating in parks. Labor camp guards are threatened with the loss of jobs if they don’t partake in the torture of Falun Gong detainees. All Chinese citizens have been told by their country’s leaders to hate Falun Gong, to feel contempt for its teachings of truth, compassion, and tolerance, and to stay silent when faced with injustice. The Communist Party’s rewarding of torture and betrayal while punishing integrity and kindness has contributed to a broader degradation of the moral fabric of Chinese society noted by many observers, one that manifests in problems like rampant corruption, domestic violence, tainted food, plagiarism in academia, and environmental pollution.

7. The Communist Party has gone to great efforts to cover up and deflect attention from these crimes. Central to the campaign has been a massive propaganda offensive, both domestically and internationally, to demonize Falun Gong and spread misinformation about the discipline, its founder, and those who practice it. Meanwhile, censorship of Chinese media, harassment of foreign correspondents, and punishment of their informants, have rendered media reporting on Falun Gong almost non-existent. The threat or implementation of visa restrictions to academics, human rights groups, or other researchers who would seek to investigate the abuses taking place limit another avenue of potential exposure. The results have been devastating, and the human cost very real. (Misunderstanding Falun Gong and the Human Cost of Getting It Wrong)

8. A large-scale, grassroots Samizdat-like effort is informing Chinese people about persecution occurring in their neighborhoods, towns and cities. At great risk to themselves, millions of adherents inside China engage in daily grassroots actions to resist the persecution of their faith, raise awareness of the brutality suffered by practitioners, and awaken the kindness in the hearts of their fellow citizens lest they participate in such violence. A vast network of underground print shops—reported to number 200,000—continues to function. At these sites, many of which are located in someone’s home and consist of a computer and printer, practitioners access overseas Falun Gong or other websites to download information for producing leaflets and video CDs about the practice and the rights abuses suffered by practitioners. In a micro-level “name and shame” tactic, practitioners also disseminate details about perpetrators of torture within their local communities. Such efforts increasingly yield tangible results. Embarrassed over the exposure of their crimes, in recent years, some perpetrators have ceased mistreating practitioners or do so with significantly reduced zeal. Villagers have protested to the local authorities to release detained practitioners. Remarkably, 13,153 non-practitioners published statements on the overseas Minghui website in 2009, expressing their remorse for past participation in anti-Falun Gong activities and voicing gratitude towards Falun Gong adherents and founder Mr. Li Hongzhi for their kindness, courage, and patience in awakening the goodness in the hearts of the Chinese people (Falun Gong's Peaceful Resistance)

9. International public pressure does protect people in China. The personal testimonies of former prisoners who have been the subject of international appeals repeatedly indicate that such efforts can improve people’s conditions, protect them from torture, and sometimes lead to early release. Bu Dongwei, a former Amnesty International prisoner of conscience, attributes less torture during his second detention when compared to his first one to the fact that people around the world were writing letters to the labor camp on his behalf (Amnesty International video featuring Bu Dongwei). Perhaps the strongest indication of the potency of public censure of human rights abuses in China is the lengths Chinese leaders will go to push for alternative avenues for discussing violations, including via private dialogues. When addressing crimes on the scale of the persecution against Falun Gong, the need to effectively curb such atrocities dwarfs any concern over “offending” the perpetrators.

10. Communist Party officials have sought to expand the persecution of Falun Gong beyond China, including to the United States. Over the past ten years, scores of physical assaults, verbal attacks and death threats against Falun Gong practitioners by Chinese government-linked individuals have been recorded in the United States, Europe, Latin America, Africa and elsewhere. Chinese businesses and prominent figures in overseas communities routinely come under direct or indirect pressure from the CCP to take action against Falun Gong practitioners. In October 2003, the U.S. Congress passed House Concurrent Resolution 304 expressing concern over Communist Party harassment of Falun Gong practitioners and their supporters on U.S. soil. (news) More recently, in August 2010, the U.S. Department of Justice condemned and punished a New York restaurant that had discriminated against patrons wearing Falun Gong-related shirts, refusing to serve them.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoTingles For This Post:

fifi (22nd January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011)

32. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

"Yep, the laws never fail. the so call "Socialist-Capitalism" is something essentially like Privilege-Capitalism, this P-C is the best way in the history of producing the super-rich and the mass poor . Inflation is the last enemy of the poor---either die or fight"

This post has been put here to back up what Cayman was saying previously about how China banksters are manipulating the currency in order to appear to the rest of the world as financial strength, but that same ruse is causing inflation born by the Chinese population of which the majority are working poor.

I found this information here: http://beforeitsnews.com/story/369/8...Inflation.html

This will be my last post, I promise; I don't want to steal thunder, but I fear I may already have done so. For that I should apologize.

China Currency Manipulation Equals China Inflation
    Fri 21 Jan 2011 02:10

Schemes and scams unravel, usually badly. China has been manipulating its currency, causing economic imbalances on a scale the world has rarely if ever before seen. The consequences are causing inflation problems inside China. One way or another this is going to adjust and China has to find a way to keep it from exploding.

Chinese people are feeling the inflation. This segment yesterday on Marketplace, for example,[http://marketplace.publicradio.org/d...ese-new-year/]

Wang's 39. He assembles furniture at a warehouse for $500 a month. Half of that goes to rent for a bed in a crowded room; the other half to his family. But lately, he's set more aside to cover the rising cost of food. Rapid inflation makes him wonder what how he can go on.

Yesterday on the PBS Newshour, a segment Amid Hu's U.S. Visit, How Do China's Youth View Rest of World?, talking with Chinese students,
    [http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/asia/...th_01-20.html]
    "When others see China, they see, oh, 8 percent per year, but when the Chinese see itself, they see unemployment, they see inflation, they see the rising costs of households."

Paul Krigman today, in China Goes to Nixon, lays it out,
    [http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/21/op....html?_r=1&hp]
    In fact, Chinese currency policy is a lose-lose proposition, simultaneously depressing employment here and producing an overheated, inflation-prone economy in China itself.

One way to think about what’s happening is that inflation is the market’s way of undoing currency manipulation. China has been using a weak currency to keep its wages and prices low in dollar terms; market forces have responded by pushing those wages and prices up, eroding that artificial competitive advantage. Some estimates I’ve heard suggest that at current rates of inflation, Chinese undervaluation could be gone in two or three years — not soon enough, but sooner than many expected.

China’s leaders are, however, trying to prevent this outcome, not just to protect exporters’ interest, but because inflation is even more unpopular in China than it is elsewhere. One big reason is that China already in effect exploits its citizens through financial repression (other kinds, too, but that’s not relevant here). Interest rates on bank deposits are limited to just 2.75 percent, which is below the official inflation rate — and it’s widely believed that China’s true inflation rate is substantially higher than its government admits.

Rapidly rising prices, even if matched by wage increases, will make this exploitation much worse. It’s no wonder that the Chinese public is angry about inflation, and that China’s leaders want to stop it.

China's currency scheme is unraveling and China's government is trying to manage the internal pressures. But for who? Interests in China that have become wealthy use their increased wealth and power to influence policy to keep the good stuff flowing their way by keeping restrictions on imports. American multinationals use their wealth and power to push for lower wages.

Our government is supposed to be a countervailing power that speaks for We, the People and American workers. So our government should be pushing for China to stop restricting imports, stop manipulating currency and open up freedoms for Chinese workers to bargain for higher wages. The way to do this is to ask Chine nicely (done this, decades...), send them sternly worded letters (done this, no effect), demand changes (done this, no effect) and finally impose sanctions that restrict the imports into our markets until we have a level playing field.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NoTingles For This Post:

Alliamber (31st January 2011), cayman (22nd January 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), write4change (25th January 2011)

34. Link to Post #58
    Cayman Islands Deactivated
    Thanks

Hi Cayman,

I appreciate your posts. It's great to hear from an insider in China as there are many walls between us.

One thing I find interesting about China is that it is acting more and more like a superpower, but China has never been a colonizer, like Britain or the US. What do you think China's end game will be? And, do you think that China is sovereign -- meaning in control of itself and not subordinate to some Western or other global superpower?

--sjkted

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjkted For This Post:

58andfixed (22nd January 2011), write4change (25th January 2011)

36. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,546 times in 20,693 posts

Hi Cayman, Welcome to Project Avalon and thanks for posting interesting information that is difficult to find elsewhere.
    Would you please translate what the Chinese news anchor is saying here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TMP_q...layer_embedded

and give us your impressions regarding this thread:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...313#post103313

Thanks and best wishes.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

chelmostef (22nd January 2011)

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)

So kudos to Citizens of Government Waste for their new TV ad. While it may be shocking, there is really nothing about this ad that is outside the realm of possibilities. Frankly, I do not think it will take till 2030 for China to own America. I’d guess 2015, if they don’t own us now already!

Source: http://beforeitsnews.com/story/365/6...UST_WATCH.html
    This a seditious ad I might say. But I understand the lines lay between, and I get your points. I glad you point that out. This will lead us into a deeper hole of what is really going on between China and USA.
    For starter, I invite you to read two post in case you haven't read them:
    so-call wealthy China
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post100619

International-Bankers in China
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post101925

So, you see, Chinese population are suffering too. Many Chinese people think that: Chinese government spend all of their saving to buy a bunch of useless US bonds and certificates(which will fall one day soon) and trade for nothing, worse, this currency preserve cause the huge inflation waves in China, ordinary Chinese population suffer big time. and the government's propaganda make people believe that: It is the US government press on the Chinese government to buy this bonds and stuff, and they have to do it in order to maintain the economy growth. So the Chinese government is basically saying to its people: if you want to blame, blame on USA, they spend too much and produce little. I have to admit, majority of Chinese population buying into that logic. Once again, they succeed in turning the peoples into blaming each other, fearing each other, the regimes/PTB get win-win situation----that's how they get control of all of us, a classic International-Banker tactic. If we falling into the nation concept, and the nature resource is always limited, there will be and always have been only one-way trip to go--War. That is the Old Paradigm. Divide and Conquer. This trick also being applied to other countries.

we need a new way out
    Last edited by cayman; 22nd January 2011 at 13:42.

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cayman For This Post:

Alliamber (31st January 2011), fifi (23rd January 2011), Maia Gabrial (19th October 2011), modwiz (24th January 2011), NoTingles (22nd January 2011), ponda (22nd January 2011), Steven (28th January 2011), write4change (25th January 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 3 13 18 LastLast