+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What felons have you known in your life?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Default What felons have you known in your life?

Mitch was a year behind in 1st grade, so a year older than the rest of the class. He became my friend so he could copy my answers. He introduced me to purposely missing the bus home and walking. But nothing worse. I heard that in his early 20s he was in jail for drunk driving manslaughter. Years later he died of an overdose, I doubt he made it out of his 20s.

Rick was a business associate. I bought and sold some products he had, nothing illegal. He was very intelligent and worldly, a navy veteran, with sociopathic tendencies, as in cold and heartlesss. One day he was approached by a warehouse manager to take stolen goods for resale from the warehouse, and splitting the profit. He made some good money for awhile until one of the people he was selling to turned him in and he ended up in jail. I don't know whatever became of him.

Paula was my boss in a law firm. She was in her early 40s and seemed to have had a mid-life crisis, divorced her husband, and became enamoured of expensive clothing and firm-financed travel.
    She ended up moving to Seattle and becoming the head of IT of a mid-size law firm. She set up fake companies to bill the law firm, and ended up stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Most of it was spent on chlothes and cars. She was put away for a few years and, after a stay in a half-way house, she threw herself off a cliff.

David worked in the IT department of a well-known music industry company. I'd see him every once in awhile because my job involved liaisoning with IT people. He was in his early 40s, a popular guy who, for some reason, made me feel introverted or intimidated. One day, according to his co-workers, his wife called and he was upset and he had to go home. He was arrested that day for paedophilia -- he had been molesting children, male and female, after qaining the trust of their parents. He's still in jail after 8 years.

Except for Paula, all the above were probably sociopaths. Paula seemed high on a sense of newfound liberation from societal conventions, like Thelma and Louise.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th June 2021), Gekko (6th June 2021), gini (6th June 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (6th June 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Default Re: What felons have you known in your life?

I knew this guy (back when I lived in Calgary), I used to give him rides to work sometimes as he worked in a steel plant not far from the sheetmetal plant I was working at, at the time (long ago). I partied with him a little bit too, but he was mostly just a friend of a friend, and that is how I was introduced and ended up giving him rides to work and hanging out a bit with him. He seemed quite unstable and I got in a few altercations with him - he was an extremely aggressive person.

After one altercation, I asked my friend Chris what the heck was up with "that guy"? He then told me what the guy had confided in him, which was that he had been horribly abused and tortured by his father - real sick stuff, and had to run away when he was 16 and had been on his own ever since. No mother apparently, or maybe she died, can't remember.

Many years later, I was reading a news article in the paper about a missing man, and right away my instinct was telling me something ... there was something big to this story , and that the missing man's business partner (they had a small moving company) had something to do with it. The business partner had been located in Saskatchewan during the investigation but also claimed that he hadn't seen the guy, that he just up and left one day, so he had moved back to Saskatchewan. I couldn't shake this eerie feeling about that newspaper article.

Fast forward over a year later, and the news breaks that the missing man had been found, his near lifeless body dumped at a hospital in Saskatchewan. He was brain damaged, emaciated, covered in wounds, had broken bones, was extremely dehydrated and mutilated. The now found man was unable to give any testimony, because he couldn't speak due to the brain damage and various other injuries he had sustained. He made some recovery about a year later, to the point he could tell his story.

His former business partner was the assailant and had, over at least a year span, drugged, raped, mutilated, starved, and beat regularly the victim, while keeping him tied up in a closet. How it got to that situation, is interesting, because it was through pure psychological means that the victim, who was a very large strong man while the assailant was a relatively small guy, came to be subdued enough to get to the point where he couldn't fight back.

It's a bizarre and twisted story. The assailant was the guy who was a friend of my friend Chris, that I used to give rides to work, Dustin Paxton.

Definitely a psychopath, but tragically it sounds like was created into one by his horrible upbringing.

I had another friend I worked with at the same sheet-metal plant, 20 some years ago, that ended up recently in jail, apparently for "luring". He seemed like a decent guy, but I guess he had his demons. He always was a bit of an odd fellow - always into weird things.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 6th June 2021 at 07:36.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Pam (6th June 2021), TomKat (6th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread