+ Reply to Thread

Thread: L.A. - la-la land, it's in the bible!

1. Link to Post #1
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 times in 557 posts

Default L.A. - la-la land, it's in the bible!

Some humor for the day.

Some of you may have expressed the strong personal feeling that everyone from Los Angeles, or actually California in general, is basically nuts, or a madman. That's very harsh. But also possibly true, at least according to the Biblical scriptures.

I happened to be working on another theme and ran across this, which is actually
    very historically significant because it supplies us with an etymology that has, to date,
    not been revealed.

Take a look at the following image from Sefaria.com
    They are experts in the Hebrew language and they offer definitions from the Klein Dictionary.

Those Hebrew alphabetical symbols next to the line that says "to confuse, drive crazy," are Lamed Hey Lamed Hey. Now, you can pronounce this as Lah Leh, or as Leh Lah, and I have seen it used both ways, but basically, at the time that the Book of Proverbs was written there were no vowels in Hebrew, and so Lah Lah or LA LA would work just as well.

I notice that they also attach it to a meaning of madman, and to confused, crazy, but what does it say in the verse in Proverbs that they mention? Let's check it out.

Oh, but that mention of hapax legomenon - what does that mean? It means that this
    word is unique in the Bible. It is only found one time, in that verse in Proverbs, and
    appears nowhere else.

King James Version Proverbs 26:18
    "As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death."

And yes, the mad man is Lh Lh in Hebrew or our La La.
    Strong's concordance number 3856, where they define it as "lala = to be rabid (figuratively insane); madman." So there's not much question about its meaning. And I re-translated it to be sure and that's what it means based upon its use in the context as well.

In the Hebrew text it is transliterated as the phrase mit'lah'leha
    with the mit portion being Mem, or from, and Tav, or you will.
    So we have as a complete phrase, as it is in the text, You will be rabid,
    or you will be a madman.

The traditional scholars tell us that the phrase Lala land emerges as a slang term in the 1960s. It apparently comes from la-la as an imitation for the sound of someone who's “crazy,” and land imagines a fictional, far-off place one goes to in such a state. California for instance.

And Wiktionary tells us about its etymology: "Etymology 1 = Sounds used to form meaningless song refrains. Of imitative origin. Compare Old English la, a common exclamation, Greek (lalage, “babble”), German lallen (“to babble”). Compare also blah blah."

This certainly sounds interesting, but now we know that it is very much older than any Greek or German origin would support, and that it was probably used by someone who was familiar with Yiddish or other flavors of Hebrew, and put this in as some type of joke. And amazingly, it caught on quite well.

So to the anonymous prankster - got cha!
    Someone finally figured it out. And a Goy at that!

So if you happen to know someone from LA or California, please point them to this
    page so that they can find confirmation that their being nuts is not only natural,
    but predicted by the Old Testament as well.

And to all of you who might happen to be from California, howdy!
    No hard feelings? Have fun in la-la land.
    Last edited by Jim_Duyer; 8th June 2021 at 01:14.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th June 2021), Brigantia (8th June 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th June 2021), Gekko (8th June 2021), Hym (8th June 2021), Inversion (8th June 2021), Ioneo (8th June 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (8th June 2021), Journeyman (8th June 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th June 2021), Matthew (9th June 2021), palehorse (8th June 2021), ronny (8th June 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th June 2021), Vangelo (8th June 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Default Re: L.A. - la-la land, it's in the bible!

Jim there's a couple of things which occurred to me when reading this, neither of which may be what you were looking for...

The first is purely a subjective feeling from myself as someone that lived in Southern California and has an affection for it. I couldn't get to love LA, I thought there was a coldness there, ironic in such a sunny climate. Not with people, there were some fine ones there, but I did have a feeling of coldness when I was staying in West Hollywood area and I've felt similar in Switzerland and London. I think it's a spiritually bereft area and maybe this is a result of the Hollyweird phenomenon.

The second is a site which has a mixture of the sublime and the ridiculous, but there's some very interesting analysis within it. The premise is that the powers that be wish to bring about a massive destruction from which they will build their new world order. To that end they have encoded within the West Coast by names, lines on maps and various other things hypnotic suggestions intended to bring about a cataclysm. I'm not saying I buy everything in the site but I do respect the authors eye for detail and capacity to make some very interesting links. As a taster:

Quote The sacrifice offered to the THINKERS has always been the Spirit of LA, wherever it may be found throughout the world. Though Los Angeles is young when taken in respect to the Old World, the Spirit of LA reaches back to Babylon and is the central pivotal sacrificial point that the luciferian agenda revolves around.
    you can perhaps see given how central LA is to this thesis why it occurred to me when reading your post?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th June 2021), Brigantia (9th June 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th June 2021), Hym (11th June 2021), Matthew (9th June 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 times in 557 posts

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    Jim there's a couple of things which occurred to me when reading this, neither of which may be what you were looking for...

The first is purely a subjective feeling from myself as someone that lived in Southern California and has an affection for it. I couldn't get to love LA, I thought there was a coldness there, ironic in such a sunny climate. Not with people, there were some fine ones there, but I did have a feeling of coldness when I was staying in West Hollywood area and I've felt similar in Switzerland and London. I think it's a spiritually bereft area and maybe this is a result of the Hollyweird phenomenon.

The second is a site which has a mixture of the sublime and the ridiculous, but there's some very interesting analysis within it. The premise is that the powers that be wish to bring about a massive destruction from which they will build their new world order. To that end they have encoded within the West Coast by names, lines on maps and various other things hypnotic suggestions intended to bring about a cataclysm. I'm not saying I buy everything in the site but I do respect the authors eye for detail and capacity to make some very interesting links. As a taster:

Quote The sacrifice offered to the THINKERS has always been the Spirit of LA, wherever it may be found throughout the world. Though Los Angeles is young when taken in respect to the Old World, the Spirit of LA reaches back to Babylon and is the central pivotal sacrificial point that the luciferian agenda revolves around.
    you can perhaps see given how central LA is to this thesis why it occurred to me when reading your post?
    Yes, thank you. I believe that there many cases of liars and double-dealers in the Hollywood area. And
    sexual deviants as well. That's probably the bad vibe we pick up there. Yes, some good people scattered
    among the bad ones. Why good people seem to be attracted to the evil ones is beyond me, but it's
    true nevertheless.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th June 2021), Brigantia (11th June 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th June 2021), Hym (11th June 2021), Journeyman (11th June 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

My family and I travelled to LA couple years ago and what stood out to me was the smog there. Looking out at the city near the Hollywood sign was just grey haze everywhere. We had mild headaches the 4 or 5 days we were there. Yet the locals in the grocery stores were wonderful. And I've never seen so many expensive sports cars.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th June 2021), Brigantia (11th June 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th June 2021), Hym (11th June 2021), Jim_Duyer (11th June 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    My family and I travelled to LA couple years ago and what stood out to me was the smog there. Looking out at the city near the Hollywood sign was just grey haze everywhere. We had mild headaches the 4 or 5 days we were there. Yet the locals in the grocery stores were wonderful. And I've never seen so many expensive sports cars.
    The smog sits in a basin around LA and the wind doesn't seem to shift it. Air quality is far better in nearby San Diego just because the wind clears the air. The positive, if you can call it that, is that you can see the most incredible sunsets if you're driving through Southern California and can see the sun hitting that wall of smog!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th June 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th June 2021), Hym (11th June 2021), Jim_Duyer (11th June 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,042 times in 911 posts

Having grown up in the outskirts of L.A. and having university, working there for years, and doing endless prayers, meditations and chants to occupy the endless hours of freeway travels.... I agree about the diversity of engaging and lost souls there, but also note the great lack of connection to nature that the area has in it.

I don't know where the 666 came from, the Vavs of keTAV-keTAV-keTAV of the sixth letter of the alphabet, the logo that is the label on the Monster energy drinks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was from one of the many lifeless communities that worked there. Must say that, in great soulful contrast, I met so many awesome Jewish friends there that the area is very mixed...All Love with Them............

The sound Laa is deeply spanish, a preface to many words..
    And Laa is also islamic in origin...Connect the dots.

Smog? I laugh at your idea of smog! What you saw is tame compared to the way it was. It was so bad, so thick when I was growing up that we couldn't run cross country, track, wrestle, play football or baseball some afternoons.

When you'd go high up enough in the mountains you might be able to see the skies above the brown, ocher and orange haze.....and you'd feel the plants, the trees, the wildlife suffering. It forced us all from a very young age to get up earlier in the day and prepare activities in the early evening cool to remain alive and vibrant, engaged in the life worth living.

However, as an artist the setting sun thru the haze inspired many a beautiful series of pastels from those of us completing an assignment as the sun sets. I wrote earlier about some pastels I drew of the beautiful ugly of the setting metal haze, over the ocean from my upper level dorm window at university there.

As I only had pictures of my work, taken for proofs and legal protections and never any of myself, I would guess someone, somewhere in the Valleys of the Lost Angels has a picture of me as a lone, white turbaned roofer working and stretching above the city, carrying up 105 lb. rolls of Brai Flex to be torched down over cap nailed, fibered base sheet....enjoying the heat and the discipline of my own yogic practices....

That head covering over my long braided hair was and is very cooling and protecting, my beard smelling of the work when the day was done and I'm showering it all off. I'm in the mix of humanity, but not borne of it, blessed to be engaged in work without having to listen to the insanity.

Too bad so many people are so dismissive of health practices done all over the world for eons, like wearing a comfy turban in the scorching sun to keep cool. And heck yeah, there is a world of difference between wearing a multi-layered, long, thin cloth and all of the rags, mops, and sloppy head coverings I've seen, asking ... why wear one at all then, if you're not keeping your hair up and comfortably, snuggly engaging the meridians on the head?

What a shame almost all those 'modern, aware and enlightened people' in L.A. and worldwide will never feel how naturally healthy and empowering it is to try things that seem a bit different....You'd think L.A. and all of it's being up on current trends would even try some things out....No. Proof of it's disconnect is it's mass of people not thinking or living independently at all.

Clueless people amongst the few, living and conscious stars, not a damn one who is famous as an actor, a singer, a corporate clown, a yogi or yogini dressed in white, selling snake oil yoga from a dead snake. Not to worry though, as the truth inside finds the outside teachings that have no price but serving others to attain, unseen gifts awaiting those who drop the ego.

Even worse, that anyone would connect me or a few of my friends with the evil, criminal yogi bh., the one I called donkey from his description of himself to me once, pretending to be one of us. I call his brand not Kundalini Yoga at all, but his own brand of KY jelly....an ineffective, petrol based, psychic, lower chakra lubricant for the blind lost in the maya, many of them wishing to stay that way.

I can't blame anyone for dismissing trying a covering, when a yogi and his ego, his darkness and criminality got around, nor do I dismiss the ignorance of anyone who ignorantly judged me, as some singers did, even though I was one of the few challenging the b.s. directly, my proofs being that though armed everywhere, with situational awareness, great kindness and a kirpan/knife......

I also added carrying a gun with me for protection against that man's people, laughing when I found out that he warned them against confronting me, with dire consequences for any attacks upon me for telling the truth everywhere I am....one of the few points we had in agreement. That's only a small part of my being in Laa'd, in one of the few places on this little planet where that deep corruption could have grown and nurtured itself, so close and yet so far away from the few of us who live so purposely heart centered.

Thinking I'd left it all back in LaLa Land, the criminals in turbans were only more concentrated in another state. Hell, my good friends who were criminals were all honest killers and dealers, unlike those hiding behind the color of those in their priestly dress.

I'm all good either way.

Yes. Miss some of my friends, some places, some amount of inter-connected consciousness, some very magical experiences....but not so much of the rest of it.
    Last edited by Hym; 12th June 2021 at 20:20.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th June 2021), Brigantia (11th June 2021), Denise/Dizi (12th June 2021), Jim_Duyer (11th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread