+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One EVIL edition of the King James Bible

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Default Re: One EVIL edition of the King James Bible

In the " The nine faces of Christ" book. You see Jesus's journey in his younger years, where "It contains allusions to His training as an Essene Master, a Master Druid in England, a Master Yogi , a Master of Persia, and an Egyptian Master, that proceeded His great mission".

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Brigantia (23rd June 2021), Matthew (26th June 2021), pabranno (23rd June 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,422 times in 554 posts

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    Reading this site, which I've previously posted about at some length, I came across a reference to the King James Bible which I think may be of interest in this thread. It's Job 30-29 and the interesting thing is how different the KJV translation is to every other version?

Quote And finally this oddity which I just find curious. Bible: I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls (Job 30:29). https://biblehub.com/kjv/job/30-29.htm Looking at how this is translated in other versions of the bible is even more curious.
    So if you go to: https://biblehub.com/kjv/job/30-29.htm

Quote King James Bible
    I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.

New King James Version
    I am a brother of jackals, And a companion of ostriches.

American Standard Version
    I am a brother to jackals, And a companion to ostriches.

Berean Study Bible
    I have become a brother of jackals, a companion of ostriches.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    I was the brother of dragons, and companion of ostriches.

English Revised Version
    I am a brother to jackals, and a companion to ostriches.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
    A brother I have been to dragons, And a companion to daughters of the ostrich.
    There's other translations available via the link to Bible.com. Curious choice by the KJV translators though?
    The first creature is a jackal. No question about it, that word has always meant jackal. The second one is the one you are interested in. I knew that I had previously completed a fairly comprehensive report on that very verse in Job, and here it is:

The word that they use for owl is liyliyth. And it has nothing to do with an owl, as
    they very well know. Yet another case of mis-translation brought on by the desire
    to misdirect us from the truth. Here is that word, and its true meanings for that verse.
    liyliyth {lee-leeth'}

1) "Lilith", name of a female goddess known as a night demon who haunts the
    desolate places of Edom
    1a) might be a nocturnal animal that inhabits desolate places

In the Book of Lillith (one of the apocryphal books of the Bible) she was Adam's first wife but refused God's word of male dominance and proved it by being on "top" during intercourse. She was banished from the Garden of Eden and was taken in by Satan-el to be one of his many wives.
    The Book of Enoch, The Book of Razi-el, and The Book of Lillith are supposedly lost chapters from the Bible and remain unconfirmed in their origin. They have however existed for many centuries.

Who was Lillith / Lilith? Did Adam really have another wife before Eve?
    Lilith is a mythological character purported to have been Adam's first wife. The Bible contains no such account nor even hints at such a possibility. According to the legend, Lilith was headstrong and independent, and didn't want to submit to Adam, so she divorced him. How the Lilith legend came to be is a circuitous tale on its own.

The legend of Lilith originated in the last chapter of the Epic of Gilgamesh—a chapter which was probably not original to the rest of the text. And by that I mean that the Hurrian scribes who were working for the Amorites who ruled Sumeria in the time when this was first recorded in the form that we have it today, wrote it as an addition to the text. Recall that the Bible tells us that Oh, Jerusalem, your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite (Hurrian)? That's who did it - the people that would later be called Hebrews.

In the story, the goddess Inanna finds a tree in a river and plants it in her garden. She cares for it for ten years, but finds that it's been infested with "the serpent who could not be charmed," "the Anzu-bird," and "the dark maid Lilith." Inanna cannot get rid of the squatters, so she asks her brother Gilgamesh. He strikes the serpent, leading the Anzu-bird to flee with its young and Lilith to smash her home and escape to "the wild, uninhabited places." Gilgamesh chops up the tree and makes a throne and a bed for Inanna.

The Aleppo (Syria, original home of the Amorites) National Museum is in possession of an amulet with the engraving of a sphinx and a she-wolf that includes the words "O, Demoness-that-flies in a dark chamber, Get on your way at once, O Lili!" The amulet is thought to be Syrian, from the 6th or 7th century BC.

It's possible that the Bible references Lilith as a pagan character. Isaiah 34:14 reads, "And wild animals shall meet with hyenas; the wild goat shall cry to his fellow; indeed, there the night bird settles and finds for herself a resting place." The night bird (some translations say "screech owl") is the Hebrew Liyliyth. It is derived from layil, which means "night." "Lilith," literally, means "night maid," so it's unclear if the verse refers to the Sumerian goddess or if it's a poetic way to describe a female nocturnal bird.

Some argue for Lilith's existence by pointing to the seeming conflict between Genesis 1 and 2. In Genesis 1:27, God creates male and female. But Genesis 2:18–25 tells the story of the creation of Eve. In truth, Genesis 1 is a synopsis of the six days of creation while Genesis 2 gives more detail into the sixth day when God created Adam and Eve. But many people misinterpret the timeline and think the chapters are straight chronology. Genesis 1:27, they say, refers to Lilith.

Extra-biblical writings of Judaism hold to this account. The midrash Genesis Rabba (AD 300—500) infers that Adam had a first wife. The Babylonian Talmud says that Lilith has wings, that she can cause birth defects, that she is a succubus, and that she used the nocturnal emissions of sleeping men to conceive demon babies. The first text that clearly connects Lilith as Adam's first wife is The Alphabet of Ben Sira. In this text, Lilith is said to have left Adam when he demanded she be submissive in sex. When Adam asked angels to bring her back, she said she wouldn't. The angels told her they would kill her demon children, so she responded that she would in turn kill the babies of the descendants of Adam.

Further legend says that she is responsible for diphtheria, stillborn children, and babies who die of SIDS. It was a short leap to go from Lilith as "night maid" to "night hag," and blame her for sleep paralysis. Some, including Michelangelo, associate her with the serpent that tempted Eve. In this incarnation, she is the wife of Satan and provides the body so that he can be the voice that talks to Eve.

More recently, feminists and New Agers have claimed Lilith as a role model. They praise her independence and sexual freedom and use her as an example when refusing to submit to their husbands. She has leant her name to "Lilith Fair," a touring concert of female singers and female-led bands, and Lilith Magazine, a Jewish feminist magazine.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Brigantia (22nd June 2021), Journeyman (23rd June 2021), Matthew (22nd June 2021), pabranno (23rd June 2021), sunflower (22nd June 2021), Tyy1907 (23rd June 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    In the " The nine faces of Christ" book. You see Jesus's journey in his younger years, where "It contains allusions to His training as an Essene Master, a Master Druid in England, a Master Yogi , a Master of Persia, and an Egyptian Master, that proceeded His great mission".
    I can see the Essene connection, just in the way he expressed himself. And there is quite a bit of references to him being in Egypt, Heliopolis to be exact, where he would have received their esoteric knowledge. I've heard of some of the others you mention but not been able to dig up concrete mentions of it. Wouldn't surprise me however.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Brigantia (23rd June 2021), Matthew (26th June 2021), Olam (23rd June 2021), pabranno (23rd June 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by Jim_Duyer (here)
    Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    Reading this site, which I've previously posted about at some length, I came across a reference to the King James Bible which I think may be of interest in this thread. It's Job 30-29 and the interesting thing is how different the KJV translation is to every other version?

Quote And finally this oddity which I just find curious. Bible: I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls (Job 30:29). https://biblehub.com/kjv/job/30-29.htm Looking at how this is translated in other versions of the bible is even more curious.
    So if you go to: https://biblehub.com/kjv/job/30-29.htm

Quote King James Bible
    I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.

New King James Version
    I am a brother of jackals, And a companion of ostriches.

American Standard Version
    I am a brother to jackals, And a companion to ostriches.

Berean Study Bible
    I have become a brother of jackals, a companion of ostriches.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    I was the brother of dragons, and companion of ostriches.

English Revised Version

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
    A brother I have been to dragons, And a companion to daughters of the ostrich.
    There's other translations available via the link to Bible.com. Curious choice by the KJV translators though?
    The first creature is a jackal. No question about it, that word has always meant jackal. The second one is the one you are interested in. I knew that I had previously completed a fairly comprehensive report on that very verse in Job, and here it is:

The word that they use for owl is liyliyth. And it has nothing to do with an owl, as
    they very well know. Yet another case of mis-translation brought on by the desire
    to misdirect us from the truth. Here is that word, and its true meanings for that verse.
    liyliyth {lee-leeth'}

1) "Lilith", name of a female goddess known as a night demon who haunts the
    desolate places of Edom
    1a) might be a nocturnal animal that inhabits desolate places

In the Book of Lillith (one of the apocryphal books of the Bible) she was Adam's first wife but refused God's word of male dominance and proved it by being on "top" during intercourse. She was banished from the Garden of Eden and was taken in by Satan-el to be one of his many wives.
    The Book of Enoch, The Book of Razi-el, and The Book of Lillith are supposedly lost chapters from the Bible and remain unconfirmed in their origin. They have however existed for many centuries.

Who was Lillith / Lilith? Did Adam really have another wife before Eve?
    Lilith is a mythological character purported to have been Adam's first wife. The Bible contains no such account nor even hints at such a possibility. According to the legend, Lilith was headstrong and independent, and didn't want to submit to Adam, so she divorced him. How the Lilith legend came to be is a circuitous tale on its own.

The legend of Lilith originated in the last chapter of the Epic of Gilgamesh—a chapter which was probably not original to the rest of the text. And by that I mean that the Hurrian scribes who were working for the Amorites who ruled Sumeria in the time when this was first recorded in the form that we have it today, wrote it as an addition to the text. Recall that the Bible tells us that Oh, Jerusalem, your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite (Hurrian)? That's who did it - the people that would later be called Hebrews.

In the story, the goddess Inanna finds a tree in a river and plants it in her garden. She cares for it for ten years, but finds that it's been infested with "the serpent who could not be charmed," "the Anzu-bird," and "the dark maid Lilith." Inanna cannot get rid of the squatters, so she asks her brother Gilgamesh. He strikes the serpent, leading the Anzu-bird to flee with its young and Lilith to smash her home and escape to "the wild, uninhabited places." Gilgamesh chops up the tree and makes a throne and a bed for Inanna.

The Aleppo (Syria, original home of the Amorites) National Museum is in possession of an amulet with the engraving of a sphinx and a she-wolf that includes the words "O, Demoness-that-flies in a dark chamber, Get on your way at once, O Lili!" The amulet is thought to be Syrian, from the 6th or 7th century BC.

It's possible that the Bible references Lilith as a pagan character. Isaiah 34:14 reads, "And wild animals shall meet with hyenas; the wild goat shall cry to his fellow; indeed, there the night bird settles and finds for herself a resting place." The night bird (some translations say "screech owl") is the Hebrew Liyliyth. It is derived from layil, which means "night." "Lilith," literally, means "night maid," so it's unclear if the verse refers to the Sumerian goddess or if it's a poetic way to describe a female nocturnal bird.

Some argue for Lilith's existence by pointing to the seeming conflict between Genesis 1 and 2. In Genesis 1:27, God creates male and female. But Genesis 2:18–25 tells the story of the creation of Eve. In truth, Genesis 1 is a synopsis of the six days of creation while Genesis 2 gives more detail into the sixth day when God created Adam and Eve. But many people misinterpret the timeline and think the chapters are straight chronology. Genesis 1:27, they say, refers to Lilith.

Extra-biblical writings of Judaism hold to this account. The midrash Genesis Rabba (AD 300—500) infers that Adam had a first wife. The Babylonian Talmud says that Lilith has wings, that she can cause birth defects, that she is a succubus, and that she used the nocturnal emissions of sleeping men to conceive demon babies. The first text that clearly connects Lilith as Adam's first wife is The Alphabet of Ben Sira. In this text, Lilith is said to have left Adam when he demanded she be submissive in sex. When Adam asked angels to bring her back, she said she wouldn't. The angels told her they would kill her demon children, so she responded that she would in turn kill the babies of the descendants of Adam.

Further legend says that she is responsible for diphtheria, stillborn children, and babies who die of SIDS. It was a short leap to go from Lilith as "night maid" to "night hag," and blame her for sleep paralysis. Some, including Michelangelo, associate her with the serpent that tempted Eve. In this incarnation, she is the wife of Satan and provides the body so that he can be the voice that talks to Eve.

More recently, feminists and New Agers have claimed Lilith as a role model. They praise her independence and sexual freedom and use her as an example when refusing to submit to their husbands. She has leant her name to "Lilith Fair," a touring concert of female singers and female-led bands, and Lilith Magazine, a Jewish feminist magazine.
    Jim, thanks so much for checking this first hand. As someone who is forever consuming knowledge at second or third (or 33rd) hand it's fantastic to have someone in these discussions who is able to look at primary sources.

I can begin to see what Manly P Hall was referring to in regard to the KJV. Ironic that for some this is the only text to trust. I wonder how closely the changes between Tyndale and KJV have been tracked? I've seen estimates that 83% of KJV is Tyndale's work, so the differences would be interesting to track? I found this site:

http://www.tyndale.org/tsj03/mansbridge.html

Interesting that Revelation has the highest percentage correlation James the lowest within the chosen verses for comparison.

The Lilith reference is also interesting. Whether its the Nag Hammadi texts or some of the other Gnostic writings or Apocryphal works, even Kabbala, a lot seems to rest on the exclusion of the divine feminine, Shekinah and other aspects of feminine divinity or demonology. Something which I think TPTB are bound up in.

Thanks again for checking this.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Brigantia (26th June 2021), Matthew (26th June 2021), pabranno (26th June 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You're most welcome. In my opinion, from my research, Revelations is a product of TPTB of their timeline. I've never felt the need to include it in the New Testament that I study.

It is replete with repeating mechanisms that ensure that no words of the text are changed or added to. It's built into the numbers of the text itself, so that if one part were changed, the individual sections would not add up correctly to the other larger number that is also included.

This is a technique found in many early Middle Ages religious texts, because they were always on the alert for sabotage. Why?
    But it tells me that it is not inspired after all, but included to sway minds. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion after carefully studying it, word for word. Lilith is linked to the work in the Kabbala, but of course the esoteric Kabbala was much later in history.

I'll tell you something now that I have not revealed before. Look at the artwork of William Blake. You will find a scene in the Garden of Eden. The artwork explains that the knowledge that Lilith had, she furnished to Eve. And that knowledge was about how to cause abortions.

Blake was a Gnostic. And he believed that the "I have gotten a man with Yahweh" meant that Yahweh was the father. And Eve wanted it to stop. And Blake feels that is the reason why Cain was not killed, but exiled, because he was his son. That's Blake, but he was intelligent and his work needs to be studied with respect, because it is the expression of a large group of English people who were his associates in that day.

The fruit in the Garden, according to this group, was the Pomegranate - which historically has been used to induce early labor and thus abortions. That's a matter of medical history and not disputed by modern science.

So Blake had some ideas. I found this out by examining his works in detail, and running programs to pick out the hidden messages inside, which are there. So yes, astounding but true. Stay safe my friend.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Brigantia (26th June 2021), Journeyman (26th June 2021), Matthew (26th June 2021), pabranno (26th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2