Thread: Some are "Woke", but others are Truly Aware

1. Link to Post #161
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,724 times in 20,828 posts

Exclamation Re: Some are "Woke", but others are Truly Aware

• Winsome Sears vs. Woke Media Meltdown: Two Different Realities! WATCH THIS.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 5th November 2021 at 01:05.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), Brodie75 (20th November 2021), Mike (8th November 2021), Reinhard (11th November 2021)

3. Link to Post #162
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Default Re: Some are "Woke", but others are Truly Aware

Where Identity Politics has reached....

I cannot believe this ****

From Microsoft:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ankle Biter (8th November 2021), Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), Mike (8th November 2021), Reinhard (11th November 2021)

5. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)

From Microsoft:

Wow. That is astounding. Are you sure that's not a comedy sketch or something???

Is that their way of being "inclusive" for blind people? That's the only thing I can think of. But my sanity prevents me from thinking any further on it
    Last edited by Mike; 8th November 2021 at 20:01.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (8th November 2021), Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th November 2021), Reinhard (11th November 2021), Vicus (10th November 2021)

7. Link to Post #164
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

From Microsoft:

Wow. That is astounding. Are you sure that's not a comedy sketch or something???
    It's not parody, but some are saying this is for blind people, or those visually impaired. But this excuse doesn't entirely wash. Why announce their genders? The timbre of their voices give that away. Why announce their pronouns? What possible difference does that make to blind people? And why no subtitles on screen for the benefit of deaf people? Where are the sign language people?
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), Mike (8th November 2021), Reinhard (11th November 2021), Vicus (10th November 2021)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

From Microsoft:

It's not parody, but some are saying this is for blind people, or those visually impaired. But this excuse doesn't entirely wash. Why announce their genders? The timbre of their voices give that away. Why announce their pronouns? What possible difference does that make to blind people? And why no subtitles on screen for the benefit of deaf people? Where are the sign language people?

Right, the blind thing....I just updated my last post as it occured to me.

And yeah, why no sign language people? And why no representation for people who are blind *and* deaf? Why can't braille magically appear on the monitor for their convenience? And while we're at it, why no accomodation for blind, deaf people who enjoy being bludgeoned by hot dogs wielded by a clown while they're reading said braille?

These people are really dropping the ball. Whatever happened to good ole fashioned inclusivity?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (10th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th November 2021), Reinhard (11th November 2021), Vicus (10th November 2021)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

Hey Star, I've watched that video multiple times now, and I think it deserves a thread of its own. I'm too lazy, so I hope you do it

I know we have several of these woke threads specifically for this type of thing, but every once in a while I think a separate thread is warranted...just to remind everyone of exactly what we're dealing with here

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (10th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2021)

13. Link to Post #167
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,724 times in 20,828 posts

• Microsoft Takes 'Woke' To Whole New Level In Bonkers Presentation:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2021)

15. Link to Post #168
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hey Star, I've watched that video multiple times now, and I think it deserves a thread of its own. I'm too lazy, so I hope you do it
    Was hoping you might! I've started 3 already on this and related themes (1, 2, 3) and at what point does trying to spread awareness become saturation? "OMG Star mariner is banging on about wokeness again! Will he give just it up, we know already!"

So I tacked it on here as this thread is the most active on the issue. But if the mood takes you to suddenly start a new one, I'll be right on board with it!

This stuff isn't going away. And for whatever reason, the issue is very hot button (for me) and I'm not sure why. I guess I've tried to present my reasons, to the best of my ability, in the threads above, and many more posts. I really do see the divisiveness of identity politics as an existential threat to humanity - I'm dead serious. There's yet another thread [here] explaining why I think that.

Inclusivity IS very important, and diversity IS a strength when, and only when, the things that ostensibly separate us into disparate groups isn't referenced. Know what I mean? When disparity isn't proclaimed and specified it's much easier for people to blend and find common ground. But the current trend is for groups to constantly announce their group identity and reference those differences. That creates only friction. They create these tribes and then out comes the victim card. It becomes all about who can shout the loudest, or boast the most victimhood. New groups form all the time to throw in their lot, with new identities and new pronouns [demon pronouns are apparently now a thing], and it goes on and on. And who wins at this game? No one. Everyone loses. This is humanity at its worst.

This, below, is diversity, and inclusivity, and humanity at it's best. Every face of humanity. No fight, no struggle, no blame. Just harmony. Compare what wokeness looked like 50 years ago to what it looks like now...

~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Mike (10th November 2021), pyrangello (15th November 2021)

17. Link to Post #169
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,281 times in 1,656 posts

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2021), Mike (10th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

19. Link to Post #170
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This today;

Top premiership footballer (and England international) Dominic Calvin Lewin, poses on the front cover of Homme magazine *as a schoolgirl*

No not a joke.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dominic_calvin_lewin-2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	47875

Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ses-Homme.html

Stunning and brave. But he's getting absolutely ripped on social media for it. Can imagine the 'hate speech' fallout from this. What will the crowd be singing at his next game? And how, oh how, will the MSM spin it...? [answer: toxic masculinity].
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th November 2021), Mashika (11th November 2021), Mike (10th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021), Vicus (10th November 2021)

21. Link to Post #171
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

"CULT: Microsoft employees programmed to introduce themselves not by name but by race, gender pronouns". It's actually funny somewhat but also very cringy at the same time. Are they robots?

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-11-...pronouns.html#

"The Microsoft corporation has adopted new “woke” policies whereby company employees now identify themselves to each other based on their race, skin color and gender identity.

Two circulating videos that you can watch below depict company presentations in which employees are seen acting out the new policies for viewers to take in and adopt. WARNING: These videos are truly dystopian." (...)

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mike (10th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

23. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

This today;

Top premiership footballer (and England international) Dominic Calvin Lewin, poses on the front cover of Homme magazine *as a schoolgirl*

No not a joke.

Attachment 47875

Stunning and brave. But he's getting absolutely ripped on social media for it. Can imagine the 'hate speech' fallout from this. What will the crowd be singing at his next game? And how, oh how, will the MSM spin it...? [answer: toxic masculinity].

There are so many things wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin.

Some part of my mind is in denial and is desperately trying to convince the rest of it that this is some kind of ironic statement. But I know better.

The blowback will, like you said, be labeled "toxic masculinity". In a world where everything is backwards this makes a certain kind of retarded sense. Of course the real issue here is much closer to something like "toxic femininity". But that's only scratching the surface, I think.

I totally get what you mean about saturation. I've started a billion woke related threads too.
    Last edited by Mike; 10th November 2021 at 22:04.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (10th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

25. Link to Post #173
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

This today;

No not a joke.

Attachment 47875

There are so many things wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin.

Some part of my mind is in denial and is desperately trying to convince the rest of it that this is some kind of ironic statement. But I know better.

The blowback will, like you said, be labeled "toxic masculinity". In a world where everything is backwards this makes a certain kind of retarded sense. Of course the real issue here is much closer to something like "toxic femininity". But that's only scratching the surface, I think.

I totally get what you mean about saturation. I've started a billion woke related threads too.

To be fair though it is brave, I mean I don't know U.K. that well but playing for Everton and your hometown being Liverpool you'd have to all kinds of stupid to think there'd be no backlash from the home fans nevermind rival ones.. It's going to be brutal on the grounds, as already pointed out by StarMariner getting torn apart online. The cancel culture is going to be overwhelmed by the responses and won't be able to keep up.

What would Duncan Ferguson have to say about this?
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mike (11th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

27. Link to Post #174
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

This today;

No not a joke.

Attachment 47875

My initial reaction is disgust over an ethical line being crossed here by these fashion celebrities.  As a parent, trying to protect your children from pedophiles is terrifying.  Promoting cross dressers, (or whatever label I'm supposed to use that I have no inclination to learn about because cross dressing works fine for me), as schoolgirls is just No...no, no, no!

One of the fundamental purposes for uniforms is protection, no matter how much we may hate the idea.  Imagine if this schoolgirl trend actually went viral and became a common sight.  How easy would it be for giggling pedophiles to lure little girls because they dress like their mates.

Sure, as a parent it's our responsibility to teach about these things, but do we really need to add fashion to the watch list.  It was hard enough with lollies, now we have on-line predators. When will these ignoramuses stop being so f#@k!ng stupid.

This schoolgirl fashion display is most likely a one hit wonder from Harry Lambert, whose fashion editorial is all about dressing males femininely, and is supported by Prada whose brand is all about (quote)  "projecting an image of "anti-status" or "inverse snobbery" and this is just a marketing and financial move capitalizing on the current trend.

But it still sucks!

P.s. I do not have any issue with people dressing however they want to but that doesn't mean intelligence and common sense should be flushed down the sewers.

P.s.s  MANY THANKS again to Mike and Star Mariner and JohnKuhles, amongst others, for their dedication in keeping us informed about these cultural shifts.
    Last edited by Gemma13; 11th November 2021 at 00:39.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Ankle Biter (11th November 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (11th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mike (11th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

29. Link to Post #175
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks

From Microsoft:

Millenial tourettes.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Ankle Biter (30th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mashika (11th November 2021), Mike (11th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

31. Link to Post #176
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)

From Microsoft:

Millenial tourettes.
    Thank God i'm a Zoomer (or whatever they call us in the US by now). But somehow, i still feel second hand embarrassment.....

Hello, I'm Masha, i identify as a coconut living in the Ural mountains, i go by tasty/frozen, but sometimes i have been told i'm tasteless, so i have some identity issues to deal with (no worry, i already joined the support group for Tasteless Coconuts Identity Issues) ;P
    Last edited by Mashika; 11th November 2021 at 05:09.
    Tired

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ankle Biter (30th November 2021), DaveToo (15th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mike (11th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

33. Link to Post #177
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

From Microsoft:

Millenial tourettes.
    Thank God i'm a Zoomer (or whatever they call us in the US by now). But somehow, i still feel second hand embarrassment.....

Hello, I'm Masha, i identify as a coconut living in the Ural mountains, i go by tasty/frozen, but sometimes i have been told i'm tasteless, so i have some identity issues to deal with (no worry, i already joined the support group for Tasteless Coconuts Identity Issues) ;P

Thanks for the laugh Masha! And don't feel too embarrassed..you're one of the coolest younger people I've ever come across. You give me hope for the youth!

One of the things I really admire about Russia, aside from all their amazing writers I love so much, is that they don't tolerate any of this woke sh!t. Gotta respect that.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (30th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mashika (11th November 2021), Vicus (11th November 2021)

35. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

This today;

No not a joke.

Attachment 47875

My initial reaction is disgust over an ethical line being crossed here by these fashion celebrities.  As a parent, trying to protect your children from pedophiles is terrifying.  Promoting cross dressers, (or whatever label I'm supposed to use that I have no inclination to learn about because cross dressing works fine for me), as schoolgirls is just No...no, no, no!

One of the fundamental purposes for uniforms is protection, no matter how much we may hate the idea.  Imagine if this schoolgirl trend actually went viral and became a common sight.  How easy would it be for giggling pedophiles to lure little girls because they dress like their mates.

Sure, as a parent it's our responsibility to teach about these things, but do we really need to add fashion to the watch list.  It was hard enough with lollies, now we have on-line predators. When will these ignoramuses stop being so f#@k!ng stupid.

This schoolgirl fashion display is most likely a one hit wonder from Harry Lambert, whose fashion editorial is all about dressing males femininely, and is supported by Prada whose brand is all about (quote)  "projecting an image of "anti-status" or "inverse snobbery" and this is just a marketing and financial move capitalizing on the current trend.

But it still sucks!

P.s. I do not have any issue with people dressing however they want to but that doesn't mean intelligence and common sense should be flushed down the sewers.

P.s.s  MANY THANKS again to Mike and Star Mariner and JohnKuhles, amongst others, for their dedication in keeping us informed about these cultural shifts.

If my mind hadn't been paralyzed for about an hour after I saw that video, I would have hoped to write a post just like this one to describe the layers of it. Well done here Gem.

There's certainly some kind of twisted pedo vibe going on there. It's very very bizarre.

I'm not suggesting that man is part of some conspiracy, but he has allowed himself to become the play-thing of sinister forces that seek to corrupt our youth.

I'm all for self expression, fashion, and so on, in almost all forms...but this is just plain creepy

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ankle Biter (30th November 2021), Gemma13 (11th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mashika (11th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

37. Link to Post #179
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

This today;

No not a joke.

Attachment 47875

But it still sucks!

If my mind hadn't been paralyzed for about an hour after I saw that video, I would have hoped to write a post just like this one to describe the layers of it. Well done here Gem.

There's certainly some kind of twisted pedo vibe going on there. It's very very bizarre.

I'm not suggesting that man is part of some conspiracy, but he has allowed himself to become the play-thing of sinister forces that seek to corrupt our youth.

I'm all for self expression, fashion, and so on, in almost all forms...but this is just plain creepy
    There is something very odd here, this looks like the winter uniform of private school Japanese girls, which is meant as a "formal" dress, but the uniform mostly use a scarf of sorts, in red, white or blue, but rarely black. And in the cases they use a full tie, it is not fully black. Ties are in colors, and when black, it has a pattern over it, on white or other color, but never full black or looks like a formal tie a boy would use

And those shorts are clearly made to look like a middle school girl skirt lol, it's painfully obvious :/

They should have just added the sailor uniform and get done with it, why run around the bushes about it? lmao They got it wrong in so many levels, i guess they are pushing hard for the 'difficult anime girl who dresses as a boy' ideal

And i don't remember anyone using a tie like the one there, that's for boys. For girls at least, in the standard uniform, it's always different and not that long. I suppose this is like a "let's merge genders for those girls who feel left out but want to dress this way' thing, but i just don't see it, i think it's more like "let's enforce this view"

And as far as i have seen, in the UK and other places uniforms look more like this. So i do believe that one is a casual reference to something related to the obsession about Japanese school girls. But i don't know anything so..

Last edited by Mashika; 11th November 2021 at 09:08.
    Tired

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Mike (11th November 2021), Tintin (11th November 2021)

39. Link to Post #180
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

From Microsoft:

Millenial tourettes.

That was awesome Mashika. You've inspired me to get some practice in...

Hello everyone I'm Gemma.  I'm a Caucasian with a poodle hair cut and I go by "none of your damn business".  I'm an immortal at planet earth crushing A.I. and demons for fun.

Over to you Mike...

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Eva2 (26th November 2021), ExomatrixTV (12th November 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th November 2021), Mashika (11th November 2021), Mike (11th November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1 9 19 39 LastLast