+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you had a one-way ticket to any year, what year would you choose?

1. Link to Post #21
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,504 times in 4,311 posts

Default Re: If you had a one-way ticket to any year, what year would you choose?

It's probably a good thing that time travel is not available. Just imagine the sheer number of people who would, in a heart beat, ditch this time-frame and move to another. Though I guess that would say it all about the present we live in..

But imagine the past flooded will millions, who knows even billions, of time travellers/tourists/refugees!!

Most I fear would act as pure imbeciles, either by trying to change things or adopting a sort of God-complex by drawing attention to themselves, or brandishing superior technology and their knowledge of the future. The degree of anachronism and irreversible contamination this would introduce could quite possibly collapse the space-time-continuum.

Scientific development needs to be in balance with spiritual and/or moral development for quite obvious reasons. Humanity, on the whole, is grossly out of balance in this regard. It cannot act responsibly in the present, let alone the past.

So yeh, for now it's a good thing that time travel is out of our reach.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bluegreen (19th June 2021), DaveToo (17th June 2021), Gekko (17th June 2021), Tigger (18th June 2021), TomKat (17th June 2021), Victoria (17th June 2021), Wind (17th June 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 times in 448 posts

Default Re: If you had a one-way ticket to any year, what year would you choose?

This year!

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    What occurs to me first is approximately AD 25, Judea. I wouldn't presume to seek out a direct audience with the man, although that would be most tempting, but to observe his works from a distance would in fact suffice.
    This is honestly what came to my mind too at first, but I was already there. Of course I can't remember it so it would be nice to once again remember that fully. I loved that man and his teachings, but then people turned that into a religion and worshipping an idol, which ultimately became a tool for power and control.

Quote And the construction of the pyramids, of course. But what year? It could be 2,500 BC or 10,500 (I lean more towards the latter certainly). Whenever they were built, simply to see them brand new in all their stunning glory would be beyond amazing.

And then even further I would wish to go. A.T.L.A.N.T.I.S. I need say no more.
    Atlantis at it's peak and then the movement to Egypt when they built the Sphinx and Great Pyramid, now that would be a sight for sore eyes. These would be my next options too.

Would I want to see the future? Yes and no, but I think for most of the beings alive on this realm it is not allowed for us to see the full future (potential) as nothing ever truly is set in stone even though many things are just destined to happen and free will is more of an illusion. Yet there still remains a certain amount of freedom for choice and that's why the past and future are clouded for us. If we knew then what would be the point of choosing? That's what we are here to do, to choose. Only then we can progress to understand the true meaning of love - which ultimately is God, of which most of humanity doesn't grasp at all.
    Last edited by Wind; 20th June 2021 at 05:18.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (18th June 2021), Bluegreen (19th June 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th June 2021), Tigger (18th June 2021), TomKat (17th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2